Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Click here for feelings of jealousy and envy

Manny C dot com 3:33 AM - 5 January, 2013
It's good to have friends in the right places:

i.imgur.com
MusicDan 4:37 AM - 5 January, 2013
I paid $799, no tax and I didn't even leave my house. Oh, and I made or am making 5 payments of about $160 a month. No envy here...
DJ_X_Trodinaire 4:40 AM - 5 January, 2013
I paid close to full price because of overnight shipping.
One gig and its paid for. LOL

#likeaboss
MusicDan 4:43 AM - 5 January, 2013
#likeaboss, I like that...
Manny C dot com 4:44 AM - 5 January, 2013
@MusicDan: You did well.
-Better than most, as a matter of fact.
MusicDan 4:44 AM - 5 January, 2013
I worked it...
Mm3 11:59 PM - 5 January, 2013
Nice Manny! I paid $799 and i thought i did great; i guess not ;-)

it's great to KNOW people who have friends in the right places! hook me up! lol

good luck on your sx
the SOUNDINSURGENT 3:09 AM - 6 January, 2013
Quote:
It's good to have friends in the right places:

i.imgur.com

I'm taking this into my Best Buy and they better match it!!
MusicDan 3:20 AM - 6 January, 2013
DO IT!!!
deejdave 4:46 AM - 6 January, 2013
Hopefully there was no foul play because Im gonna do the same and I know they can check their entire database for a unit sold on the 22nd of Dec at a $300 discount.
Manny C dot com 10:33 PM - 6 January, 2013
I didn't want to get anyone in trouble, so I censored the receipt just in case. Hopefully, it won't come back and bite the person in the ass.
teemac111 11:05 PM - 6 January, 2013
No insurance tho?
deejdave 12:06 AM - 7 January, 2013
LOL I was jus teasing Im not looking to get anyone in trouble either. I already have one and have no intentions of getting any price matching deal hahaha ................... i get to nervous to bring up even coupons let alone price matching. I would have opted for a protection/replacement plan or insurance like teemac111 said.
teemac111 12:24 AM - 7 January, 2013
The Top Guy or some other name they have for the top manager can override Pioneer and give that $200 discount legally....if they consider you a perferred cust....thats the discount I got.
MusicDan 2:14 AM - 7 January, 2013
deejdave, I hate asking for discounts too. The way my price came about was that while my system was on backorder, I called to cancel it cause I was fed up with the wait. The guy talked me down on the price just so I could keep the order. He wasn't even supposed to give me the 5 payment deal, anything below 999 is supposed to be 3 payments. I told him that 799 in 3 payments was more than 999 in 5 payments per payment and that the first payment would have been too much, so he spoke to his supervisor and they let me do the 5 payments at 799.
Manny C dot com 3:04 AM - 7 January, 2013

SquareTrade.com...

i.imgur.com
deejdave 3:34 AM - 7 January, 2013
very nice musicdan I had a similar situation with guitar center where I showed up after gettin the ok to pick up item at store e-mail only to have them say it wasn't there but long story short they have me someone else's who had it on layaway. but all that did IMO was put that person I the short end..... and manny c dot com very nice on that warranty u even got that cheaper due the fact that they are covering a lesser expensive unit. being mine was the full price ny 3 yr was 139.99 I believe. just make sure if it comes down to it they replace not refund just in case ur connect can't pull through again. gooooood stuff though. I'm sure as DJ's alike we can all agree we def didn't pick the cheapest of hobbies and every lil but counts........... then again it's pretty cool when $1000 items pay for themselves on 8 hours!!!! hahahaha we winnnn!!
Manny C dot com 6:38 AM - 7 January, 2013
The way I figure it, nobody will really need the extended warranty until after the manufacturer's 1-year warranty has run out. By then, it's a lot more likely to be selling for closer to $700-$800 than the original price of $1,000.
teemac111 6:36 PM - 7 January, 2013
Quote:
The way I figure it, nobody will really need the extended warranty until after the manufacturer's 1-year warranty has run out.

Im a Mobile Dj so I bite the bullet and get the 3 year plan on my decks..(unless I know very well that I'm not keeping the equip. because that same manager I deal with waives the restock fee! =)
ivan zilch 3:06 AM - 8 January, 2013
all you lucky guys in the states!

i got mine for about $1040USD over here in Singapore (after conversion from SGD) and I was happy

of course being in another side of the globe means most of the stuff here in Singapore are a bit more expensive than in the USA

man If i do travel to the states i think i might shop too much
Manny C dot com 3:18 AM - 8 January, 2013
Quote:

man If i do travel to the states i think i might shop too much

Then you'll have to pay tarifs when you re-enter your country. You just can't win.
deejdave 5:40 PM - 8 January, 2013
yeah but it's only a $40 dif anyway. not a huge deal