DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Hardware too Expensive

Blazey 10:17 AM - 30 December, 2012
The Rane Hardware are too expensive.It will be very nice if they reduce the price for people to Afford. 2,099 Euros for the Sixty Two-Z Mixer for Example is Way too much lol...I know they have putting much work on to it and added many functionality But Wow...... that's very expensive for people who will like to buy it....IT will be nice if they make their Product a bit Affordable for people to buy them.whats your opinion my friends? NOT TRYING TO FORCE SERATO AND RANE ON THIS....But I think Rane Mixers Are Getting More and More Expensive :D.........posted it at a wrong area thats why i have move it here.
Niro 11:00 AM - 30 December, 2012
Things are expensive for a reason.
DJ Unique 12:08 PM - 30 December, 2012
wicked223 1:37 PM - 30 December, 2012
its arguably the best and most durable premium professional dj gear you can buy.
wicked223 1:52 PM - 30 December, 2012
are they expensive yes. but i think of it more of an investment .from my experience rane products also tend to have a much higher resale value then most so if you were to resale it you can recoup alot of your investment.
Jairen 1:55 AM - 31 December, 2012
2099€ IS expensive. That's almost $2800 US. I suggest finding someone who can buy it in USD instead of Euro's. The sixty-two-Z retails for $2099 in the US which is only €1500. Keep in mind that's the RETAIL price, and I'm sure most of us are smart enough not to pay retail prices. I got my sixty two well under retail.

Nothing against Rane or Z-trip, but I personally wouldn't pay extra for a mixer with someone else's name on there.
Rane, Support
Zach S 12:31 AM - 4 January, 2013
There is a lot that needs to be paid for when designing and manufacturing a professional mixer here in the US.
We do not make our gear in China. If we did the prices would be A LOT lower... but you will always get what you pay for.
Rane is the last mixer company out there that has not outsourced manufacturing and/or development to China.
Because of that you get the highest quality design, assembly, and support that really knows what is going on and how to fix things when things go wrong.
Not only that but its all developed and manufactured under the same roof.
If and when we find an issue there is not a bunch of red tape we have to go through to get things sorted.
I can literally talk to the lead engineer, head of manufacturing, the CEO of the company, and the two owners any time of the day which in turn means we can get issues sorted in a very timely manor.
The downside of us manufacturing our units in the US is that we have to charge the consumer more but know that your hard earned money is going to a company that actually cares about their customers and their employees.

With that said, if you are not in the US I would not suggest purchasing your unit in the US.
If you do, and you need to get your unit serviced, you will need to cover all taxes, shipping, and duties fees incurred to send it to us. This can get really spendy really quickly.