Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

multiple files and crates

Product
Scratch Live
Version
Hardware
Rane SL2
Computer
Mac
OS
Platform
-
DJ CUTLOOSE 5:35 PM - 27 December, 2012
I'm trying to remember how to drag a folder accross to the library area so that it also includes any sub folders that are inside the file, rather than all the songs appearing in one single crate. If that makes sense lol

I'm sure I spotted a way of doing it some time ago, but can' find it since

Many Thanx
Konix 5:47 PM - 27 December, 2012
Unfortunately, there's no way to do this in SL. You have to drag each subfolder in individually, then drag them to the main crate/folder to make them subcrates (assuming you want a mirrored folder to crate system). This has been a lacking functionality since, well, forever.

However, there are a few third party programs that can do this for you automatically, as well as update the crates when you put new files in the folders.

Alchemie Zync is the newest and IMO the best one as it's simple and has a nice GUI, but it's not free... alchimiedj.com , check out my demo video on it too... Watchwww.youtube.com

Itch-Sync, this is free but doesn't have a nice GUI like Alchime Zync... code.google.com, demo video... Watchwww.youtube.com

And finally ScratchTools, free also, but probably the most difficult to use as it has no GUI and is command line based, but IMO the most powerful one of them all... forum.scratchtools.de
Rane, Support
Zach S 12:19 AM - 28 December, 2012
Thanks Konix:) Did that answer your question Cutloose?
DJ CUTLOOSE 8:04 PM - 1 January, 2013
All good thanx for the help :-)