Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Anyone have this problem with the DDJ-SX?

DJ Baby Raj 6:11 AM - 27 December, 2012
Found this video on youtube thought it was weird. I just received my DDJ-SX tonight haven't tried to plug in a mic yet... Just wondering if this a real problem or maybe the type of wire this guy is using.

Heres the video:

Watchwww.youtube.com
saNppa 6:39 AM - 27 December, 2012
WHOA! I've been using mainly 1/4" plug when I connect the mic and havenät had that kinda issues at all. Still makes me wonder, as a precausion, should I change it to xlr just to play it safe. Especially it seems that this issue seems to be systematic. But then again, I have used it so much, maybe it would have happened already. I hope Pioneer will find the flaw.
DJ Baby Raj 6:40 AM - 27 December, 2012
Thinking it just might be that plug that guys using... Could be 10 year old plug lol...
djfelixmay 6:13 AM - 28 December, 2012
I had this problem. My 1/4 inch cable got stuck in my DDJ-SX mic input. I took it to an authorized pioneer dealer to fix the problem. The nice owner told me he would have to replace the mic housing. Pioneer told him the part I needed would be a 30 to 60 day wait. I took it back to guitar center and they got me a new DDJ-Sx within a week.

My problem was identical to the you tube vid Dj Baby Raj posted.
DJ Baby Raj 7:51 AM - 28 December, 2012
Thats weird, yeah I tried plugging my 1/4 inch cable from my Shure wireless mic and it went in and out just fine. Might be the type of tip both you and the video might have been using.
Manny C dot com 5:22 AM - 29 December, 2012
Switch out the cheapo generic Chinese part for this one:

www.ebay.com
Manny C dot com 5:26 AM - 29 December, 2012
djfelixmay 6:57 PM - 31 December, 2012
Yes...I think it might be the type of cable (tip) that may have caused it to remain stuck...I don't think the brand of 1/4 inch cable that is being used should matter...but Im no cable expert.
djtonysilva 11:58 PM - 31 December, 2012
That might be my youtube video. So, after 2 ddj-sx units and 3rd one on the way: I learned that HOSA brand 1/4" jacks are NOT compatable with Neutrik combo jack. I did speak directly to Neutrik USA. The HOSA jacks even new ones have a triangle shape tip that is squared off, oppose to an elongated diamond shaped tip like other brands. The squared off tip gets locked in, forever! Pioneer, claims they have never heard of this, and were very defensive about it!
phatbob 3:47 AM - 1 January, 2013
That doesn't seem terribly unreasonable; connectors are standardised for good reasons! Surprised to hear HOSA aren't sticking to standards.