Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

SDJ UPGRADE WITHOUT VIDEO

RedDucati 8:34 PM - 16 December, 2012
Just a thought....I wonder if Serato would ever offer the software upgrade for intro controllers without Video and if they do would they price drop it. Like I said.. just a thought.
Only because for example. If i were a Mixtrack pro owner, It would really be difficult for me to swallow a $199 usd software upgrade when the controller goes for about the same price.
Now on the other hand if it was $50 fee, I would jump on it in a heartbeat. A lot would even jump at $99 fee.

In my case, I have the TM4. I have Traktor Pro2 and VDJ pro. The traktor purchase was easy call as it was just $89. I'm still kicking myself in the head for the $149 vdj upgrade but that was along time ago and am taking advatage of the video feature.
MusicDan 7:06 AM - 17 December, 2012
Aren't they throwing in the video for free? You can't expect them to discount the price of it. Just saying...
MusicDan 7:07 AM - 17 December, 2012
Of course since they are throwing it in for free, if they discount the price of it it would be a 0% discount.
Serato, Support
Martin C 5:22 PM - 17 December, 2012
Hey RedDucati,

Check out our release today, which supports the TM2 and TM4 from Reloop. We unbundled, so you can get Serato DJ for $129USD: serato.com

I hope that makes the software price a little more accessible for you :)
Anton1G 9:40 PM - 17 December, 2012
Hi Martin,
What about those of us that bought the version with the "limited time free serato video offer"? Do we get some kind of rebate now, or did we get screwed for thinking the Serato Video part was free?
nik39 1:10 AM - 19 December, 2012
Quote:
We unbundled

No offense, but unbundling does not sound like the unbundled product was free before!
MusicDan 10:30 PM - 19 December, 2012
Serato is misleading, imho.
Serato, Support
Martin C 1:33 AM - 20 December, 2012
Guys, I think you'd be best to contact sales@serato.com if you feel unhappy about this, our sales team are the best people to help you with this.