Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

Midi Problems on 1.8.1

Product
Scratch Live
Version
-
Hardware
Ortofon | Serato S-120
Computer
-
OS
Platform
-
djnos2000 10:55 PM - 29 May, 2008
Ok Here is my problem, I have a Korg Pad Kontroller, and was working fine til I downloaded the latest 1.8.1, now it wont work, nor can I remap it, whats the going on.

Im Using a Compaq NC8000 Laptop
1.6 ghz Pentium M
1.5 gb of ram
Rane, Support
Shaun W 5:56 PM - 30 May, 2008
Are you using Windows Vista or Windows XP?
Samuel 8:23 PM - 30 May, 2008
there's lot of people with the same problem, i've been usgin a faderfox and now with 1.8.1 it seems serato doesn't recognize it.

i'm using windows xp sp2
Rane, Support
Shaun W 8:39 PM - 30 May, 2008
How about you djnos2000? Are you using XP, as well?
echey 9:35 PM - 30 May, 2008
Same here....

Windows xp and Trigger Finger

SL 1.8.1
maniatik0 6:07 PM - 31 May, 2008
I can also confirm the issue with the KORG Pad Kontroller. I had to use Ver 1.8.0 last night in order to use it. I am currently using Windows XP Service Pack 2.

Any ideas?
Serato, Forum Moderator
Nick M 4:27 AM - 5 June, 2008
Hey Djnos2000,

Are you using Windows XP too?
Serato, Moderator
Andy W 4:34 AM - 5 June, 2008
Hi guys,

We've identified a problem in 1.8.1 where if the controller is not plugged in and identified by Scratch LIVE when the program starts then MIDI stalls for some reason, it won't load the mapping or allow a device to connect in order to remap it. It may depend on some other conditions but that's what we've seen so far...

I have a couple of questions for you - Do you plug your MIDI controller into your computer before starting Scratch LIVE, or after? If you plug the controller in, and then start Scratch LIVE does it work properly?
maniatik0 4:12 AM - 9 June, 2008
I usually plug in the MIDI before I begin opening Scratch Live 1.8.0 but 1.8.1 doesn't seem to work... I've tried all methods on making it detect and nothing seems to work.
djmylk 2:07 PM - 10 June, 2008
i use mac 2.4 osx10.5.3 and serato 1.8.1, and had same problem with trigger finger. on my nights with my buddy i always have my serato on before we switched spinning. then usb from TF always plugged into port nearest to lcd screen and serato usb pugged into the other. my tf won't work suddenly along the way when i spin. funny thing is that i also have 1.8.0 installed and same thing happened when i swtiched to 1.8.0.

my solution to this was to (in the midst of my set) either on 1.8.0 or 1.8.1, unplug the usb to my midi and plug it back in after 5 secs. sometimes it work and sometimes it doesn't so i'll just repeat the process.
djmylk 2:15 PM - 10 June, 2008
oh btw, i had 1.8.1 installed due to the usb dropouts that was a big problem with 1.8.0.but i had that sorted out before upgrading to 1.8.1 + x10.5.3, after recommendations to change the display settings.
Samuel 7:54 AM - 11 June, 2008
i always have my midi controller plugged in before i start serato and it doesn't work.

i tried in another laptop with also windows xp sp2 and midi doesn't work neither.
Rane, Support
Shaun W 4:48 PM - 11 June, 2008
Hi Samuel,

What type of controller are you using?
djmylk 2:39 PM - 15 June, 2008
hi again guys....played at the club last night for 2 sets of 45minutes each. this time nothing happened to my TF and everything ran smoothly. running on 10.5.3 with 1.8.1.
sin77 7:09 AM - 16 June, 2008
Quote:
Ok Here is my problem, I have a Korg Pad Kontroller, and was working fine til I downloaded the latest 1.8.1, now it wont work, nor can I remap it, whats the going on.

I have the same problem.
I am running SSL 1.8.1 on a dell inspirion with vista home edition and the korg padkontrol. SSL doesn't seem to recognize the signals.Its odd because It(padkontrol) works fine with all my other programs. I ve tried every thing I know.nothing seems to work.
Rane, Support
Shaun W 6:37 PM - 17 June, 2008
Quote:
Quote:

I have the same problem.
I am running SSL 1.8.1 on a dell inspirion with vista home edition and the korg padkontrol. SSL doesn't seem to recognize the signals.Its odd because It(padkontrol) works fine with all my other programs. I ve tried every thing I know.nothing seems to work.

Have you tried the 1.8.0 version of SSL? If not, give it a try and let me know if you have any luck.
sin77 3:19 AM - 19 June, 2008
got it . works fine now. probably is a bug
Rane, Support
Shaun W 6:33 PM - 19 June, 2008
Look for a fix in the next update. We should have it nailed by then :)
BleedR 3:29 PM - 27 June, 2008
Same problem with Axiom25! Used to work in older version, in newer Serato doesn't recognise it! Using Vista and it does work fine with my producing programs, so it's def a Serato issue!
Rane, Support
Shaun W 4:56 PM - 27 June, 2008
For now, revert back to the 1.8.0 version if needing to map other controllers.