Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

An essay (!) of thoughts and issues with DJ 1.1 and Pioneer DDJ-SX

akakak 3:53 PM - 10 December, 2012
Hello! Just received the DDJ-SX and played with it over the weekend, and wanted to share my thoughts. Before anyone asks, my firmware and app are all up-to-date. :)

I previously owned the DDJ-S1, and loved it. Before that I had 1210s + vinyl, and then 1210s + Scratch Live, so I'm not new to DJing, digital controllers or the various incarnations of Serato.

First thoughts on the DDJ-SX:

1) The whole things feels better built than the S1. The platters are more solid, the channels have levels. It feels less plasticky and more pro.
2) The platters are too solid! Backspins and beat juggling are nigh-on impossible, you just can't spin them fast enough. Some kind of setting or screw to loosen them would have been great.
3) There are missing features from the S1, and I don't know why they have been removed:
- a) The lights underneath the needle drop band that show you the current position of the track. I miss these.
- b) The vinyl speed knob was great for slowing the stop speed down for big dramatic stops
- c) The ability to hold shift and use the needle drop band to leap through the browser window was great
- d) The raised legs under the unit so that there was room to slide your laptop underneath was a much-touted feature, and great for space-saving. No idea why this was removed. I'm tempted to make some bit of wood to achieve the same thing!
4) The platter is not sensitive enough. On the S1 I could tap my finger repeatedly against the platter to achieve a sort of stuttering sound. Back with my 1210s, I would do the same thing by flicking rapidly between the line and phono settings with a little switch. I was hoping "stutter" would achieve something like this but it doesn't :( Does anyone know a way to get that kind of transform effect?
5) I think the cross-fader and knobs are not user-replacable with alternatives, so still can't use the performance knobs from DJ Tech Tools (www.djtechtools.com) or Innofaders :(
6) When my DDJ-SX arrived, one of the pads was stuck. This meant rolls and slicing completely didn't work. I was panicking that I would have to send it back, but some serious wiggling sorted it out.
7) On the S1, the last loaded deck would automatically be cued to the headphones. Now I have to do this by hand :(
8) I love that I now have a specific pot for the filter, instead of engaging filter junky mode and losing the bass eq knob. It would be amazing if this could be spring loaded somehow - but I might be being optimistic here!
9) Touch sensitive pots like on the new Ableton Push thing would be amazing for highlighting in DJ the setting that you're messing with
10) Slip mode doesn't seem to modify everything that I expect it to. When scratching within a rolled loop for example, the time still seems to go out.
11) A display on the unit itself would be great - showing loaded tracks, current BPM, etc.

On the whole, I love the thing. But there's still lots that could be improved, and I'm at a loss as to why some of the great bits of the S1 were removed.

Thoughts on Serato DJ:

1) It feels very similar to Itch, but buggy too.
2) Sometimes hitting space to move between panel modes doesn't work. Even when pressing the panels button on the SX, often you get kind of lost between modes and unable to get back to where you started.
3) The BPMs keep failing to detect. When I play the track, they are detected but sometimes no grid show up. When the grid shows up sometimes it is wrong, and sometimes even when grids are showing on all tracks, Serato DJ still says they can't be synced :( When restarting DJ, the BPMs often don't persist which is such a pain. And when clicking "analyze files" often DJ thinks all the files are analyzed, even when I know they are not.
4) All of my tracks live in iTunes. Every time I build a crate, and fill it with tracks from my iTunes library - these crates are lost when I restart DJ :( This is super frustrating. In the end, I just made the crates as playlists in iTunes.
5) Often the BPM is detected at half speed (i.e. 88 instead of 176) - this is not a big deal, but it would be great if when ordering by bpm it showed tracks that were at compatible BPMs side by side (i.e. 88 next to 172) rather than making me scroll all the way through.
6) In Itch, tracks would go bright green when they had been played. In DJ, they go grey which is much less obvious. Often, I'll cue up a track and change my mind and load a different one, but it still goes grey. It would be great if there was a setting to only mark tracks in grey if they had actually been played out loud - i.e. played and faded to, rather than just played through the headphones.
7) The autogain doesn't seem to be worth much - it seems that if this is enabled I shouldn't have to mess with the trims at all, but I definitely do.
8) On occasion, the track just went completely mental and played back at like 12 times the normal speed. And I was getting a lot of drop-outs where I wasn't with Itch.
9) Only being able to detect BPM while offline is frustrating.
10) In the offline player, it's easy to make tiny adjustments to loops, but not to cue points - they have to be done by hand. :(
11) Turning the effects on and off makes a horrid sound with a slight delay. It would be nice to be able to turn an effect off and choose to have the effect fade out instead of stop abruptly.
12) Also, when changing BPM (say I'm playing a track at 120 when it's natural speed is 140) is very abrupt and tricky. An option to switch BPM over x amount of bars would be epic. Like, go to natural BPM over 16 bars.

Again, I really like DJ - I love having four decks! But the bugs are really worrying. I've deleted the _Serato_ folder and let it get recreated but this didn't change anything.

Any idea when the next revision of DJ will come out? I'm playing out on Friday, and worrying about whether I should be using it live or not. Or is Itch compatible with the SX, but without four decks?
akakak 3:57 PM - 10 December, 2012
Oh, and I would add that the process to upgrade the Firmware was ridiculous. A .jar file rather than an app? And when running it, why couldn't it just tell me the key combination to enter firmware upgrade mode?

The S1 was firmware upgraded within Itch itself. This was MUCH nicer.
SH3PARD 4:34 PM - 10 December, 2012
this makes for good reading thank u akakak
LinkDeck 11:32 PM - 10 December, 2012
There are some extremely valid points raised in this post. This is my first controller so I can't really compare it to anything else however, I am having many of the same problems with serato DJ.

The beat grids being assigned completely off from the beat is highly frustrating when trying to use quantized pad FX. It also will list the BPM a couple BPM's off from what it actually is which causes problems with syncing. I never noticed this problem with serato scratch live and using the novation dicer. Is there a different analyze algorithm for SSL and DJ? In all fairness, I haven't tried the new syncing functionality in serato DJ 1.1, hopefully this addresses this issue.

I am also having problems with the auto-gain. It's not compressing some tracks enough and they are quieter than others.
dj-freestyle 2:06 AM - 11 December, 2012
Its the first version of the software so i would give it some time. I think we will all be happy pretty soon. just a hunch
Simon Love Carter 2:08 AM - 11 December, 2012
- Hey people you can adjust beatgrids manually and I seriously recommend to do it!!! It's impossible even for a nice programmed algorithm to match the perfect bpm and beatgrid. Serato dj does a great job anyway. Just check what you don't like in manually mode!!!

- I think Fx are ok you just need to set them up fine before activating and deactivating considering yo uhave 3 knobs to do that!

- You're right, I think bpm it's a little inconstant with some tracks but it could be related with on decimal bpm dispaly. Trust your hears for now and use the "peak dispaly" in two deck horizontal waveforms mode to avoid kick overlaps

- Autogain does a nice job however several tunes have a really strange dynamic so you could have need to make adjustements to raise volume for some build up or take it down for a drop.... not a big deal since you have big led meters for master and each channels too

- yes you're right the timestretch algorithm could be better. I think they are working on it for a future release but anyway now it's relevant just for hip hop, lounge, dubstep djs who needs to change bpm so much. I play house so it's not a big deals fortunately

- sx's jogs are so tight you can't do backspin at all! Maybe they can program it via software

- look on the autoloop lenght selection square: it's too dark and you can't see it during a set. They need to make it brighter.

- we also like to have a better way to selct fxs. At least a shift+1st key to scroll down and shift+2nd key to scroll up. Or shift+4th knob to scroll up and down

- the knob for play stop velocity it has been replaced with a virtual knob in serato dj setup. you can set the stop knob a little up and use the slip mode to have a really nice brake effect!

- we're are waiting to have a shortcut on the controller to selct the "Key" column inside library

- Every pioneer hardware mixer doesn't activate channel cue automatically after loading a track. As you know the sx mixer it's hardware so maybe it's just a normal thing

- we like to see some professiona bag or case for our sx controller and than after all these software correction some plastic leg ready to mount to slip our macbook again under the controller!!

Stop, goodnight everybody!
akakak 11:30 AM - 11 December, 2012
Hey,

I know we can adjust beatgrids manually. Would just be nice to not have to. :) I never had this issue with the Dicers either.

I don't think the stiff platters could be fixed via software! In the new DDJ-SX video he seems to pull off a backspin though…

I know the vinyl speed knob has moved to software, and it's nice there are now braking controls for start and stop, but dedicated knobs FTW!

The S1 mixer absolutely did automatically cue the headphones. I don't know why this couldn't be fixed in software?

Would love a bag, yes. And plastic feet. :)
SH3PARD 11:39 AM - 11 December, 2012
as IV scanned all my tracks now and installed iTunes .. things are starting to feel better with regards to the BEATGRID and tracks seem to hold a bit better..

I know its early days and software updates I'm positive will make some welcome changes.
SH3PARD 11:42 AM - 11 December, 2012
All I'm really after is the 0.02 pitch % ..I know the hardware can do 0.01 %
akakak 11:45 AM - 11 December, 2012
Two decimal places for pitch would be nice, but I'm not too bothered. Making manual adjustments is easy enough for us oldies that are used to vinyl ;)
SH3PARD 2:27 PM - 11 December, 2012
It is but having come from CDJ1000 AND CDJ2000 PIONEER HAVE CONDITIONED US. Its ok as in its ok ok but its not PIONEER.
DJKayce 5:35 PM - 12 December, 2012
U guys know how pioneer works, they can't just put everything on this unit. Adding slowly thru MK2 & MK3 etc etc. Check all their products and U will see. Am sure they are aware of all the missing contents y'all posted. My 2 cents.
SH3PARD 5:48 PM - 12 December, 2012
Check this.....

On TRAKTOR the Pioneer hardware works in increments of 0.01%
akakak 12:59 PM - 13 December, 2012
Quote:
U guys know how pioneer works, they can't just put everything on this unit. Adding slowly thru MK2 & MK3 etc etc. Check all their products and U will see. Am sure they are aware of all the missing contents y'all posted. My 2 cents.

The problem here is they took functionality AWAY! The DDJ-S1 was released in Jan 2011. What is the DDJ-SX if not a MK2 of the DDJ-S1? It took two years, and then stuff was taken away. Are you suggesting the DDJ-SZ will come in 2015 and solve all these issues? :)

I don't hate it, it's a great box. Just confused as to why stuff was removed that people (well, I) liked!
gullum 1:21 PM - 13 December, 2012
Quote:

The problem here is they took functionality AWAY! The DDJ-S1 was released in Jan 2011. What is the DDJ-SX if not a MK2 of the DDJ-S1? It took two years, and then stuff was taken away.

try to put in a list side by side
New/ Removed

the list with new will be 10 times longer then removed

Yes I do think some of the tings they removed should have been on SX but you guys talk as if they only removed stuff and added nothing
akakak 1:28 PM - 13 December, 2012
I definitely don't mean that. You can have four decks - amazing! And the rolls/slicers etc are awesome. I do love the thing.
SH3PARD 1:38 PM - 13 December, 2012
<3 i love it to <3

Pioneer have a level of standard that is held through all their products..if something goes missing WE GET SAD :(
akakak 1:45 PM - 13 December, 2012
I'm not even sad! But I am definitely a critic, and so I will raise issues in case Pioneer addresses them in the future, so that they can go from awesome to perfect. :)

The biggest gripe, really, is how stiff the platters are. That can't be addressed ever, sadly. Though the guy in the performance video seems to pull off a backspin somehow…
toi 2:15 PM - 13 December, 2012
Thanks for the review.. reads like this make the waiting time less hard until my controller is supported ;)
akakak 2:20 PM - 13 December, 2012
Toi, you have definitely got me wrong then. The controller is sick - no doubt about it. Most fun you can have without six nuns and a bottle of absinth.
Jam-Master Jake 2:16 AM - 14 December, 2012
It's a tremendously powerful controller, and I love it myself. With that being said, it's got a TON of flaws in it. I hope some of them can be fixed via firmware and software updates.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Logan D 7:11 AM - 14 December, 2012
Hey akakak,

Some good feedback! I'll touch on a few things you mentioned :)

Quote:
3) The BPMs keep failing to detect. When I play the track, they are detected but sometimes no grid show up. When the grid shows up sometimes it is wrong, and sometimes even when grids are showing on all tracks, Serato DJ still says they can't be synced :( When restarting DJ, the BPMs often don't persist which is such a pain. And when clicking "analyze files" often DJ thinks all the files are analyzed, even when I know they are not.

When Serato DJ analyzes your track it will write the BPM and beatgrid information to the track tags, so the information shouldn't disappear at all when restarting, if it does then the issue is most likely to be with the files themselves or the location they are stored in. It sounds like this is causing a few of the above problems. Either way this won't be hard to fix - I suggest starting a help thread and the guys will sort it out for you. In regards to the accuracy of the beatgrid detection, it's certainly not perfect but for the most part it should work properly. We're going to be looking at improving the beatgrid/BPM detection more in the future though.

Quote:
4) All of my tracks live in iTunes. Every time I build a crate, and fill it with tracks from my iTunes library - these crates are lost when I restart DJ :( This is super frustrating. In the end, I just made the crates as playlists in iTunes.

How annoying! This definitely shouldn't happen and is most likely fixable. Again I don't think this is Serato DJ but a similar issue to above. Let the support guys know they'll sort it for you.

Quote:
5) Often the BPM is detected at half speed (i.e. 88 instead of 176) - this is not a big deal, but it would be great if when ordering by bpm it showed tracks that were at compatible BPMs side by side (i.e. 88 next to 172) rather than making me scroll all the way through.

This is something I'd quite like too as I mix lots of half-time/double-time stuff. I'm not sure what the best way to solve this is though? Happy to hear any suggestions.

Quote:
6) In Itch, tracks would go bright green when they had been played. In DJ, they go grey which is much less obvious.

We thought that if a DJ plays a track, then the played color should stand out less than the tracks he hasn't played yet, as these unplayed tracks are most likely the tracks he/she will be looking at next. In ITCH, the bright green stood out a LOT which after a lot of thought we decided was probably not ideal for the majority of DJs. We could be wrong though! It's good to hear people's thoughts on this. Also - bright green would clash with the Serato DJ blue :P

Quote:
8) On occasion, the track just went completely mental and played back at like 12 times the normal speed. And I was getting a lot of drop-outs where I wasn't with Itch.

Again, the support team are your best friends! They are WIZARDS.

Quote:
11) Turning the effects on and off makes a horrid sound with a slight delay. It would be nice to be able to turn an effect off and choose to have the effect fade out instead of stop abruptly.

We have actually looked into this issue and are confident it's something that we can fix in the future.

Hope that helps!
Logan.
Jam-Master Jake 10:30 AM - 14 December, 2012
Regarding the played track color, Logan, that actually makes sense. However, as much as it makes sense, I still don't like the dark gray color....it makes it nearly impossible to read the text of the song. I actually LIKED the green color on a track that had already been played in Itch! There seem to be a fair share of users who agree with me. Maybe just giving the user the ability to set the color a played track displays in would be enough to satisfy everyone.

I'd really like to see this feature return.
phatbob 11:17 AM - 14 December, 2012
I think the 'played track colour' thing is something where, in all my years of spending too much time on this forum, I've never seen anyone complain that the green was a problem with Itch or SL. And as they say, if it ain't broke...
dj-freestyle 4:53 PM - 14 December, 2012
nobody ever complained about the green and all i hear know are complaints about the gray. It was a bad idea to change soemhting thta wasnt broke to something that doesnt work.
Funkytownstopsix 7:23 PM - 14 December, 2012
we should have the abilty to change all colors to suit each dj that would fix the issue. I rather have green for those not played and red for those played. My wfie would like purple and pink. So it would be simple to add to the setup a tab for color changes for serato.
Funkytownstopsix 7:40 PM - 14 December, 2012
Oh and thanks for the review, since this is the first controller I have owned I would not have known of most of these issues. Yet in still for me this is a bad ass controller.
Dj Wunder 11:19 PM - 16 December, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
6) In Itch, tracks would go bright green when they had been played. In DJ, they go grey which is much less obvious.

We thought that if a DJ plays a track, then the played color should stand out less than the tracks he hasn't played yet, as these unplayed tracks are most likely the tracks he/she will be looking at next. In ITCH, the bright green stood out a LOT which after a lot of thought we decided was probably not ideal for the majority of DJs. We could be wrong though! It's good to hear people's thoughts on this. Also - bright green would clash with the Serato DJ blue :P

Hope that helps!
Logan.

Hey Logan, you know that Goldish/Orange color you guys use for crates and the "No Device Connected" text? That would be a PERFECT alternative to the dim grey, and it matches the color scheme!

I understand why you guys thought that diminishing the played tracks would be a good idea, but...

Quote:
Regarding the played track color, Logan, that actually makes sense. However, as much as it makes sense, I still don't like the dark gray color....it makes it nearly impossible to read the text of the song. I actually LIKED the green color on a track that had already been played in Itch! There seem to be a fair share of users who agree with me. Maybe just giving the user the ability to set the color a played track displays in would be enough to satisfy everyone.

I'd really like to see this feature return.

Quote:
I think the 'played track colour' thing is something where, in all my years of spending too much time on this forum, I've never seen anyone complain that the green was a problem with Itch or SL. And as they say, if it ain't broke...

Quote:
nobody ever complained about the green and all i hear know are complaints about the gray. It was a bad idea to change soemhting thta wasnt broke to something that doesnt work.

...we are inclined to disagree. If I search a track and come up with multiple versions, I could usually defer to the green highlighted one as the version I prefer. Or I sometimes use green tracks through consecutive gigs, with the mentality that if it worked Friday in Frisco, it's gonna work Saturday in Sausalito!
viper9711 12:26 AM - 17 December, 2012
+100 back to green color and continuous play -soon please-
Jam-Master Jake 1:05 AM - 17 December, 2012
Quote:
...we are inclined to disagree. If I search a track and come up with multiple versions, I could usually defer to the green highlighted one as the version I prefer. Or I sometimes use green tracks through consecutive gigs, with the mentality that if it worked Friday in Frisco, it's gonna work Saturday in Sausalito!

Bingo. I do the same thing often!
maviccf 3:33 AM - 17 December, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

+1 please go back to green
akakak 10:26 AM - 17 December, 2012
Or just make the colour configurable? What I'd really like is for the colour to only change if the track was actually heard by everyone! And maybe the smart crates could know to stop showing these as a configurable rule?
Dave The One 12:07 PM - 17 December, 2012
Lock and mute specific slices. I'd like to be able to lock and mute specific slices when in slice looped mode. I would like to press the pad to lock the bass drum or 1st beat, snare drum or third beat by maybe pressing the pad twice or using shift and pressing the pad, same for muting, either by pressing the pad twice or using shift and pressing the pad.

Once the slices are locked it would allow for some nice beat mangling/rearrangement. The mute would allow me to create my own gated effects (1/8, 1/16/1/32 etc...)
Dave The One 12:13 PM - 17 December, 2012
^^^
I understand pressing the slice button twice puts the slice in a repeating loop and segments of the slice can be changed 1/8, 1/16, I just want more control over the slices. In fact it would be nice to be able to stop them from looping.

PS, adding a metronome would be nice when manually beatgridding tracks; especially acapellas.
Jam-Master Jake 7:27 PM - 17 December, 2012
Traktor has a metronome, I'd be all for one in Serato DJ too!

I think the Slicer is fine as-is, but I'd be all for a Gate effect to be included that we could activate and use while in Slicer mode.
DJ Eleazar 6:28 PM - 20 February, 2013
(already played tracks) any color will do other than the dim grey green, blue, red, orange Please make this happen soon... we tag team events all the time and just plug in Hard drives. it helps when you have more than 1 Dj spinning on one laptop! so the Dj that plays 2nd is not playing the same tracks the 1st Dj played in his set!
Dj Wunder 6:54 PM - 22 February, 2013
How many versions of SDJ have been out now, 3? And they still haven't ticked the little box or whatever nerd programmer cake walk they need to do to change that color?

HEY, SERATO! I'M NOW YELLING WITH EXCLAMATION POINTS!! NOBODY LIKES THE FUCKING DIM GREY. CHANGE IT!!!

#changethegrey
VxJasonxV 5:29 AM - 23 February, 2013
I've been waiting since the SX's release to get my hands on it, and I finally have. In true internet fashion, I'm going to speak my piece:

Quote:
4) The platter is not sensitive enough. On the S1 I could tap my finger repeatedly against the platter to achieve a sort of stuttering sound. Back with my 1210s, I would do the same thing by flicking rapidly between the line and phono settings with a little switch. I was hoping "stutter" would achieve something like this but it doesn't :( Does anyone know a way to get that kind of transform effect?

One of the very first things I did when I got my unit was test out the platter sensitivity. On that note, could someone explain to my how it's possible for "capacitive technology" to be used when not being touched? I turned the sensitivity all the way up, and could control the braking like a Theremin. This is not capacitive technology.

(And then I turned it down until it reliably stopped every time I placed a single finger on it. The dial is currently just a bit above being straight to the left.)

Quote:
7) On the S1, the last loaded deck would automatically be cued to the headphones. Now I have to do this by hand :(

My previous controller (Novation's Twitch) did this automatically too, and I was very annoyed when the SX didn't. Totally agree 100% here.

Quote:
11) A display on the unit itself would be great - showing loaded tracks, current BPM, etc.

Disagree. I see no reason to have two places to look for the same information. It would look cool, but the function seems weird.

Quote:
2) Sometimes hitting space to move between panel modes doesn't work. Even when pressing the panels button on the SX, often you get kind of lost between modes and unable to get back to where you started.

There's the panel select button in the top-left for a reason. And the view button in the library column. (Shift + Back).

There's more, but I wanted to touch on the biggest issue in this thread.

Quote:
6) In Itch, tracks would go bright green when they had been played. In DJ, they go grey which is much less obvious. Often, I'll cue up a track and change my mind and load a different one, but it still goes grey. It would be great if there was a setting to only mark tracks in grey if they had actually been played out loud - i.e. played and faded to, rather than just played through the headphones.

Ahhhhh the dark grey. Yes, this is a very obnoxious problem, and I have an alternative idea.

I really like the dark grey, because it puts a played track out of mind rather than drawing my eye to it. The problem is the permanent nature of that coloration.

My suggestion is to make this feature a lot more intelligent, revolving around Sessions.

When Serato DJ opens? Start a new session.
When Serato DJ closes? End the session.

My suggestion is to colorize played tracks based off the current session only. As you play, tracks fade to dark grey. The next time you play? Everything is "like new". If you play regularly and want to make sure you don't play something again so soon, open the session pane and select a session, or multiple ones, and have each of their played songs show up in dark grey in the library.

And then the next time you open Serato DJ, it's all back to normal.

Makes sense in my mind.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Logan D 7:49 AM - 23 February, 2013
Quote:
I really like the dark grey, because it puts a played track out of mind rather than drawing my eye to it. The problem is the permanent nature of that coloration.

This was the idea behind the darker grey - a track has been played in your set so fades back a bit as you're less likely to play the same song twice. But we're open to feedback and its interesting to hear everyone's opinion. Also - it's not permanent you can 'Clear' your played tracks in the History tab.

Quote:
My suggestion is to make this feature a lot more intelligent, revolving around Sessions.

When Serato DJ opens? Start a new session.
When Serato DJ closes? End the session.

We've actually been talking about this a lot this week. I think a setup screen option that resets it on opening of the software would be great. But still also maintain a way for users to manually clear it like now to cover different workflows. I'd be interested in everyone's opinion on this :)
VxJasonxV 7:57 AM - 23 February, 2013
Sorry, I totally didn't mean permanent. You're exactly right.

I've learned how powerful sessions really are recently, I figure that they're insanely under utilized though.
DJ Baby Raj 9:12 AM - 23 February, 2013
I like the grey also... When I used itch the green would stand out so much if your looking for something fast I would just miss it naturally with the brighter color...
Andy S 4:46 PM - 23 February, 2013
Quote:
Check this.....

WOW Did not know that.
phatbob 5:07 PM - 23 February, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
Check this.....

WOW Did not know that.

It also does with Serato DJ. It just does not DISPLAY in increments of 0.01%.
DJ Aqueous 12:00 AM - 24 February, 2013
Quote:

+1 vote for green

If I played a track, I won't play it again that night, but I will probably play it again at a different gig. Curious over the shoulder watchers often asked, why are those green. Reply: "Those are the Bangers"
dj lashes 4:58 AM - 24 February, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

+1 vote for green

If I played a track, I won't play it again that night, but I will probably play it again at a different gig. Curious over the shoulder watchers often asked, why are those green. Reply: "Those are the Bangers"

well said BANGERS IN GREEN EASY TO FIND
dj-freestyle 11:13 PM - 24 February, 2013
Ya all our djs at work would like green back or some color other then grey. Its really hard to tell sometimes from black. Really hard
maviccf 11:33 PM - 24 February, 2013
bring back the green
dj lashes 3:00 AM - 25 February, 2013
Quote:
bring back the green

i14.photobucket.com
Rhodesy 1:35 PM - 25 February, 2013
+1 for the green or if the green doesnt not suit the serato dj blue anything brighter than the grey would do me please!

I wouldnt call it a flaw but i agree with the other dj's each gig i go to i look for my green bangers lol
Funkytownstopsix 5:45 PM - 25 February, 2013
Like I said before we should be able to pick a color any color. As it stands now how the track is grayed I sometimes think it's a bad/corrupt/missing file....
Andy S 10:41 AM - 28 February, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Check this.....

WOW Did not know that.

It also does with Serato DJ. It just does not DISPLAY in increments of 0.01%.

But in Serato Itch with the the DDj S1 it does not which is why I said WOW..
so my WOW stands and I am very dissapointed.
Dj Cooly C 12:37 PM - 28 February, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
bring back the green

i14.photobucket.com

+1 agree
Dj Wunder 8:13 AM - 2 March, 2013
Isn't there an orange in the SDJ color scheme? Wouldn't that be a decent color for the played tracks?
Yannic 6:38 AM - 30 July, 2013
So to keep things simple on the colours : Serato, let people themselve indicate in the setup what colours (or colour-scheme) they want so there is no discussion anymore if grey, green, orange, red, etc is used for played tracks, missing tracks, etc?