Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Here's my $199 Serato if...

DJ Angel Suave Ortiz 3:47 PM - 5 December, 2012
I'm ready And willing to spend $199 for Serato DJ once made native for the Denon MC6000. I'm positive that there are hundreds of others that will as well (read the forums). The ball is in your court Serato pull the trigger and make it happen before we have no other option but to move on to Traktor or Virtual DJ.
phatbob 4:10 PM - 5 December, 2012
The $199 upgrade fee is for controllers which have already been licenced to Serato Intro.

As Denon have never licenced the 6000 to use with ANY Serato software, it's not going to happen.

Serato don't just make their software compatible with different hardware on a whim. It is up to manufacturers to licence it.

So if you want the 6000 to be supported, you should ask Denon about that.
DJ Angel Suave Ortiz 4:42 PM - 5 December, 2012
I have and will continue to express my feedback to both companies. The fact is anyone who currently uses a 6000 and wants to use Sratch live can and will with a few minor limitations. So that's on Denon for not allowing all features to work.

Serato already natively supports many Denon products and unfortunately choose to not support the 6000. That blame falls on Serato.

You either have a working relationship with Denon or you don't. It's very simple.
gullum 5:06 PM - 5 December, 2012
Quote:
I have and will continue to express my feedback to both companies. The fact is anyone who currently uses a 6000 and wants to use Sratch live can and will with a few minor limitations. So that's on Denon for not allowing all features to work.

Serato already natively supports many Denon products and unfortunately choose to not support the 6000. That blame falls on Serato.

You either have a working relationship with Denon or you don't. It's very simple.

Not even close to how things work. Pioneer have also several controllers but only 3 of them are or will work with Serato DJ. DDJ SX was made for Serato DJ. DDJ S1 comes with Itch licent. Ergo comes with an Intro licent. So by your understandi it Seratos fault that DDJ T1 -DDJ Wego will not work with Serato DJ. When you bought you Denon 6000 a part of the price you payed when to Native Instruments or Atomix depending on where you bought it.

Serato sels their software as a licent with controllers and a full version can't be bought strait from Serato.
NI and VDJ sell their software without controllers and sometimes bundle a LE with controllers and thats way you get discount if you upgrate to full version. You have already payed a part of the price when you bouth the controller.
gullum 5:07 PM - 5 December, 2012
dam need that edit button.
DDJ Wego will now work with Serato DJ
DJ Angel Suave Ortiz 5:44 PM - 5 December, 2012
Understood and point taken. So simply put Serato is double dipping and charging serato itch and intro conroller users $199 to upgrade since they already made licensing money of the original controller purchase.
gullum 5:52 PM - 5 December, 2012
no Itch users get it totaly free.
Rebelguy 6:01 PM - 5 December, 2012
Quote:
Understood and point taken. So simply put Serato is double dipping and charging serato itch and intro conroller users $199 to upgrade since they already made licensing money of the original controller purchase.

Itch upgrades are free. As far as DJ Intro, there should be an upgrade fee for moving from a hobbyist version to a more professional one. Most companies do this...Ableton, Steinberg, etc.
phatbob 6:38 PM - 5 December, 2012
Quote:
Most companies do this...Ableton, Steinberg, etc.
Plus Atomix, Native Instruments... Standard.
dj_eddie_gr 10:09 PM - 5 December, 2012
Don't forget that Serato isn't open MIDI. Even with SERATO DJ you must connect the original controller ,before you can MIDI map any other function. You have to buy a licensed hardware (see SSL or ITCH controllers) to able to use the software. Denon MC-6000 did not come with Intro ,so there weren't any deals between the two companies. MC-6000 remains a MIDI capable device for use with any OPEN MIDI softwares (like Traktor ,VDJ etc...)
DJ Angel Suave Ortiz 5:10 AM - 6 December, 2012
I'm not concerned with the licensing logistics when I know there is absolutely no hardware or software limitations on making this possible. Most users already have 90% of the features functional. All we are asking Serato is to make the other 10% functional. Read the post this has been requested for Almost 2 years. Incredible that both companies have not resolved this already. 862 comments on one post. serato.com
Rebelguy 7:05 PM - 6 December, 2012
Quote:
I'm not concerned with the licensing logistics when I know there is absolutely no hardware or software limitations on making this possible. Most users already have 90% of the features functional. All we are asking Serato is to make the other 10% functional. Read the post this has been requested for Almost 2 years. Incredible that both companies have not resolved this already. 862 comments on one post. serato.com

The blame still falls on Denon. They did not work out a licensing deal from the beginning. The only solution I see them doing is paying a fee for all units sold and any future units they move. I doubt this is going to happen though.
gullum 10:09 PM - 6 December, 2012
Quote:

Only way for you to get Serato DJ is to buy an other controller that suports or will suport Serato DJ. There is no way that Denon ever is going to add expences to a unit they've had on the marked for 2 years. They made a desission before the relese of the MC6000 and they will never cnange their minds no mater how many wich for it. They made their money and they are happy.
DJ Angel Suave Ortiz 3:44 AM - 15 July, 2013
Thank you Serato!! Finally LED Midi support for the MC6000!
2.5 Already installed and working like a charm. I knew it could happen!