Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Serato Dj upgrades start Dec 4th

DJRobKraze 2:21 AM - 30 November, 2012
Serato has posted upgrades will start Dec 4th. I wonder if
this will include improvements for the SX or just adding the ability to run the Numark controllers?
DJ Unique 2:26 AM - 30 November, 2012
.... or maybe Midi Out
trippyeinstein 2:46 AM - 30 November, 2012
cant wait to see what features/fixes it will have
DJ-SHUFFLE 6:35 AM - 30 November, 2012
Quote:
Serato has posted upgrades will start Dec 4th. I wonder if
this will include improvements for the SX or just adding the ability to run the Numark controllers?




Where did u see that?
Chris Beckler 7:15 AM - 30 November, 2012
newsletter...
Mass Flava 8:59 AM - 30 November, 2012
Is this just for the upgrade from Serato Intro to Serato DJ or does this include Itch?
Chris Beckler 9:03 AM - 30 November, 2012
All ITCH upgrades seem to be annouced for spring 2013.
Mass Flava 9:07 AM - 30 November, 2012
That's what I was thinking, but wishing out loud that it was Spring already!!!
ivan zilch 9:09 AM - 30 November, 2012
I want 6% pitch and .00 pitch resolution i hope they got it done!!
DJRobKraze 2:14 PM - 30 November, 2012
Dj shuffle its on the news letter under the Z Trip article
DJRobKraze 2:20 PM - 30 November, 2012
sera.to

Here is the pic of the newletter,, hope it paste ok.
DJRobKraze 2:21 PM - 30 November, 2012
Sorry it pasted the hyperlink and not the actual page from the newsletter.
DJ-SHUFFLE 8:18 PM - 30 November, 2012
Iv seen it thx
DJRobKraze 4:00 AM - 4 December, 2012
Here are the updates for the SX for those that dont read the relese notes.. LOL

Stutter Play - Shift + Play on the DDJ-SX now activates stutter play.
Reloop/Exit button on the DDJ-SX (Shift+Out) now either reloops when the loop is inactive, or exits the loop when the loop is in progress.
FX parameter buttons now light when controlling an on/off parameter.
Bug Fixes
DDJ-SX decks are now displayed as 1, 2, 3 or 4, not L or R, in the History panel.
Fixed tap tempo not working on a deck with no track loaded.
Fixed crash on exit after analyzing files.
Master Gain trim control now has a +/-12dB range.
Reloop button on the GUI now retriggers the loop for every hit of that button.

Rob
ernie 6:04 PM - 4 December, 2012
Quote:
Here are the updates for the SX for those that dont read the relese notes.. LOL

Stutter Play - Shift + Play on the DDJ-SX now activates stutter play.
Reloop/Exit button on the DDJ-SX (Shift+Out) now either reloops when the loop is inactive, or exits the loop when the loop is in progress.
FX parameter buttons now light when controlling an on/off parameter.
Bug Fixes
DDJ-SX decks are now displayed as 1, 2, 3 or 4, not L or R, in the History panel.
Fixed tap tempo not working on a deck with no track loaded.
Fixed crash on exit after analyzing files.
Master Gain trim control now has a +/-12dB range.
Reloop button on the GUI now retriggers the loop for every hit of that button.

How about the continous play?

Rob
ernie 6:04 PM - 4 December, 2012
Quote:
Here are the updates for the SX for those that dont read the relese notes.. LOL

Stutter Play - Shift + Play on the DDJ-SX now activates stutter play.
Reloop/Exit button on the DDJ-SX (Shift+Out) now either reloops when the loop is inactive, or exits the loop when the loop is in progress.
FX parameter buttons now light when controlling an on/off parameter.
Bug Fixes
DDJ-SX decks are now displayed as 1, 2, 3 or 4, not L or R, in the History panel.
Fixed tap tempo not working on a deck with no track loaded.
Fixed crash on exit after analyzing files.
Master Gain trim control now has a +/-12dB range.
Reloop button on the GUI now retriggers the loop for every hit of that button.

Rob



How about the continous play?
DJRobKraze 7:18 PM - 4 December, 2012
I was wondering the same, why no continuous play on this upgrade? Seems itch users may not want to pay for this upgrade if they use this function regularly for weddings and etc..
Chris Beckler 7:46 PM - 4 December, 2012
This is not an update to improve and add features, more small fixes that were probably already on a roadmap, The controller is only out for 1 month, you cannot except to add features and test them all in 1 month.

This is just an update for extra controller support and we got lucky that there are a few fixes/changes for the SX. A bigger update will follow for sure.
Martin C 8:43 PM - 4 December, 2012
Sorry guys, no continuous play just yet, but its very high on the list for a forthcoming update.

The next few versions we plan to release will be a balance of solid bug fixes for the software, and the existing supported controllers, plus support for new controllers.

Considering the first release was only a month ago, its going to start moving pretty fast, so expect to see things like continuous play etc come through very soon :)
controversial 9:15 PM - 4 December, 2012
@martin any chance we itch controller users can at least get a beta to play with b4 spring 2013?
controversial 12:46 AM - 5 December, 2012
I love how this link says support coming soon when some controllers wont be supported until winter 2013

serato.com
Richness 1:11 AM - 5 December, 2012
Quote:
Sorry guys, no continuous play just yet, but its very high on the list for a forthcoming update.

The next few versions we plan to release will be a balance of solid bug fixes for the software, and the existing supported controllers, plus support for new controllers.

Considering the first release was only a month ago, its going to start moving pretty fast, so expect to see things like continuous play etc come through very soon :)


Sorry I see this as a very important feature and use it for dinner sessions and background music for most of my gigs. Come on you guys must know mobile DJ's need this basic feature in a DJ program. Come on come on come on. Not acceptable for me at least. I have much better things to do than sit there playing instrumentals or christmas music. I like to eat too Serato.
Richness 1:13 AM - 5 December, 2012
And frankly I dont care if this was the first update or not because this feature should have been in the original release.
mr187 1:31 AM - 5 December, 2012
The world's most garbage controllers get the first upgrade.
anyone know if serato dj database is limited like itch ?
I am getting used to this VDJ thing with my NS7fx
DJ Unique 1:49 AM - 5 December, 2012
Quote:
The world's most garbage controllers get the first upgrade.
anyone know if serato dj database is limited like itch ?
I am getting used to this VDJ thing with my NS7fx

Garbage controllers because those people would have to pay $199 to upgrade.
Free upgrade for Itch controllers = no more $$$ for Serato.
Richness 1:54 AM - 5 December, 2012
But at least we should have a continuous play mode from the get go. Waiting for an update and not seeing this mode really pushed my buttons tonight. Was really hoping not to have to take out my pair of CDJ's and Xone 62 in a coffin twice this weekend. Was really hoping on moving like a light weight. Can you tell I am disappointed??????
XRM5 3:10 AM - 5 December, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
The world's most garbage controllers get the first upgrade.
anyone know if serato dj database is limited like itch ?
I am getting used to this VDJ thing with my NS7fx

Garbage controllers because those people would have to pay $199 to upgrade.
Free upgrade for Itch controllers = no more $$$ for Serato.


That's their problem, not mine.

That's the way they set their licensing up, and no one else does it that way for a reason.
deejdave 3:54 AM - 5 December, 2012
LOL I never knew so many people use the continuous play feature. I have use it probably twice (at paid gigs) since i got Scratch Live. I generally like to be constantly behind the DJ booth doing each mix manually and ready for any issue/request/anything else that may come up. I don't even know if I would feel comfortable with my paying customer seeing me use my setup as a glorified Ipod. I mean I don't mean to offend anyone (I seriously don't) I just never knew it was used so widely. The new features truly outweigh the need for something as simple as continuos play. Should they add it? YES but give them a little time.
DJ Unique 6:18 AM - 5 December, 2012
Quote:
LOL I never knew so many people use the continuous play feature. I have use it probably twice (at paid gigs) since i got Scratch Live. I generally like to be constantly behind the DJ booth doing each mix manually and ready for any issue/request/anything else that may come up. I don't even know if I would feel comfortable with my paying customer seeing me use my setup as a glorified Ipod. I mean I don't mean to offend anyone (I seriously don't) I just never knew it was used so widely. The new features truly outweigh the need for something as simple as continuos play. Should they add it? YES but give them a little time.

It's a must for Wedding DJ's but mainly only at the beginning and/or during Dinner if you are to eat a a table.
mr187 7:03 AM - 5 December, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
The world's most garbage controllers get the first upgrade.
anyone know if serato dj database is limited like itch ?
I am getting used to this VDJ thing with my NS7fx

Garbage controllers because those people would have to pay $199 to upgrade.
Free upgrade for Itch controllers = no more $$$ for Serato.


oooOOOOOOooooo I C They rake in the $ first I see their analigy behind this lol
mr187 7:09 AM - 5 December, 2012
for the people for continus play why not just use vdj for that ?
Richness 2:03 PM - 5 December, 2012
VDJ? I am too old to have to learn something new but thanks for the suggestion. I am happy so far with my Serato so far except for this continuous play brain fart. Serato when is your next upgrade for Serato DJ? I need one again RIGHT NOW which includes continuous play.

Quote:
Quote:
LOL I never knew so many people use the continuous play feature. I have use it probably twice (at paid gigs) since i got Scratch Live. I generally like to be constantly behind the DJ booth doing each mix manually and ready for any issue/request/anything else that may come up. I don't even know if I would feel comfortable with my paying customer seeing me use my setup as a glorified Ipod. I mean I don't mean to offend anyone (I seriously don't) I just never knew it was used so widely. The new features truly outweigh the need for something as simple as continuos play. Should they add it? YES but give them a little time.

It's a must for Wedding DJ's but mainly only at the beginning and/or during Dinner if you are to eat a a table.


"If you don't know, now you know,....." LOL

Nah I use it a little bit but almost on every wedding or corporate and especially christmas event when dinner is being served or during cocktail hour. I dont go to my car and have, I still stay at my post but at that time I could be eating or acquiring and sorting out CD's for singers, hosting etc. (Most singers/performers want to use their own CDs for their performances, to ensure it is the version they know) No one expects you to stand at your console at this time to drop a few gingle bells or ave maria instrumentals. Drop about 10 songs in your Prepare List and you are good for about half hour.
Clapperz 6:54 PM - 5 December, 2012
I know its not ideal for people that want the feature, but if you turn off the controller for when you wish to take a break at a wedding or whatever, then Serato DJ will play the current crate continuously.

Its a work around atleast until they fix it.
deejdave 3:13 AM - 6 December, 2012
Maybe just have a mix prepared for the time being............ not saying they shouldn't put it in just trying to add a temporary (although obvious) solution. Being if you are going with continuous play than song choice is clearly irrelevant so a pre made mix should suffice for now............. maybe? Still just seems weird to me. Don't people just stare at you with a "uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh??" kinda look when not behind the DJ booth?
Richness 5:22 AM - 6 December, 2012
Quote:
Maybe just have a mix prepared for the time being............ not saying they shouldn't put it in just trying to add a temporary (although obvious) solution. Being if you are going with continuous play than song choice is clearly irrelevant so a pre made mix should suffice for now............. maybe? Still just seems weird to me. Don't people just stare at you with a "uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh??" kinda look when not behind the DJ booth?



I can do a work around but again this is a normal and not special or far fetched feature that should have been in the initial release or at least the 1st update. #BrainFart. Gald you dont need it that much but for me it's vital on most events.