Serato Software Feature Suggestions

What features would you like to see in Serato software?

Automix

Event Concepts 7:04 AM - 22 November, 2012
Would Love to See Automix Like Virtual DJ!
saNppa 7:09 AM - 22 November, 2012
And what is your job?
DJ_X_Trodinaire 1:20 PM - 22 November, 2012
lol

leonteegan 3:20 PM - 24 November, 2012
Quote:
And what is your job?

-1 for this too
maydo 4:25 PM - 24 November, 2012
im for autoselecting traxx + automix like a robot
also for:

- autodownload traxx
- auto money (bank)transfer to me :)
- auto drinks come out of controller :)

so im for

- no more djs in clubs, we dont need them :)

oh sorry i forget one feature

- auto produce new hits like david guetta, we dont need him also :)
Event Concepts 4:47 PM - 24 November, 2012
Okay if you want to go there. I will let you in on a little secret. I DJ/MC makes more money as a mobile DJ/MC that can RUN a show, MC a show, and pick the right music to play. The day of just a DJ is over. If you don't get that then you will be out of a job very soon. I make $2000 plus in 4 hours. For a club DJ to make that you have to be one of the greats (I know most of them). I have been a DJ/MC for 16 years, started at age 18. I have seen the landscape of DJing change over and over. So yes the day of a DJ is over, but the day of a entertainer is here and the only way to make real money all the time.
maydo 4:54 PM - 24 November, 2012
when all things true,

i cant understand for what u need automix like virtual dj ???

and btw the way of a dj is not over :)
DJ_X_Trodinaire 5:22 PM - 24 November, 2012
Quote:
So yes the day of a DJ is over.

Geeze is it December 21, 2012 already?
Event Concepts 5:34 PM - 24 November, 2012
I have DJ come to me all the time and say I am a DJ. They say I have been DJing for 10+years clubs bars privet party's all types of events. But then when they audition for me omg, they have no showmanship.

I have seen great club DJ's, undiscovered bar DJ's, and amazing privet party DJ's. This is not to say, if you are one of these elite DJ's you will be out of a job. But if you are not then Ableton will take your job. By adding automix to Serato it does not mean you don't DJ the party. What it does do is give you more time to control your event. And this is not to say automix should be on all the time (at least right now, in the future automix will be better then a human can mix). And if you say a computer can never DJ better then a human ask all the worker of car plants, tax preparer and travel agents. Again if you are the best of these jobs you you still have a job. But if you are not then you don't, computers have taken there jobs the people that scream no computer or automix are the once that fear for there jobs because they are not up to the challenge of being ether a great mixing DJ or a showman.

So to end you can scream, yell, and picket. Computer that can mix better then humans is coming. Ether you except it and use it or get another job.
phatbob 11:21 AM - 25 November, 2012
For some markets, you are absolutely correct.

But there are already plenty of solutions on offer for those who work in such a way, and there has been for years.

Serato and Native Instruments cater to a different market.
Jam-Master Jake 5:33 AM - 27 November, 2012
-10 HELL NO!!!!!
Funkytownstopsix 8:04 PM - 4 December, 2012
-1 instead of auto mix just pre mix.
Proggieus 1:39 AM - 5 December, 2012
nope, not needed or wanted.
DJ Boom Bap 11:02 PM - 5 December, 2012
If you are geting that much $ per gig, hire help.
jprime 12:03 AM - 8 December, 2012
There's a level of creativity that a human brings to the table that a computer cannot supply.

Show me the robot that creates masterpiece paintings.
dj_pe-_80 9:48 PM - 12 November, 2014
+1
DJ Arries 12:30 PM - 16 November, 2014
I think why the OP would like automixing is for when playing background music?

I often at gigs need to play background music before the time, and have to use VDJ or Itunes as Serato's automix has a silence between the songs, no fading
DJ Arries 12:31 PM - 16 November, 2014
oh sh!t just saw the dates of the posts haha sorry guys, I searched on google that linked me to his post
deejdave 3:47 AM - 17 November, 2014
Quote:
oh sh!t just saw the dates of the posts haha sorry guys, I searched on google that linked me to his post

Was not your fault. The blame falls on dj_pe-_80