Serato Software Feature Suggestions

What features would you like to see in Serato software?

Slicer and Roll Within a Loop

MeltedX 3:50 AM - 18 November, 2012
I noticed right from the beginning that when using the slicer within an already established loop, the slicer will advance beyond the loop's end and the track will exit the loop and keep playing. This is very unfortunate and I do truly hope that you are going to fix this. Having a loop established on one of the decks and being able to use the slicer and roll features within the loop without dissolving it (the loop) allows for some very creative mixing techniques, but if the integrity of the loop you are working with dissolves, then it defeats the whole purpose. Hopefully this will ring true with my fellow DJ's and the problem can be resolved.
MeltedX 4:16 AM - 18 November, 2012
P.S. With the slicer this only seems to happen when the last slice in the loop is triggered. With roll, your loop is destroyed as soon as you use any roll option. Serato, please fix this so we can use your new features to be as creative as we can be.
DJ_X_Trodinaire 4:32 AM - 18 November, 2012
Press the slicer button twice it will become a looped slicer, if thats what ou ar looking for
MeltedX 12:02 PM - 18 November, 2012
That is the right idea yes, but specifically when using the loop function. When using slicer mode 2 to you are limited to an 8 beat loop, which also is limiting you to performance in 4/4 timing. You should be able to set a loop with the loop function and then use slice and roll within that loop (which is of any length you desire).
DJ_X_Trodinaire 5:09 PM - 18 November, 2012
You can slice up to 32 beats sections

Pls take a look at page 22 of the manual:
The domain (or "loop") can be set to one of five settings: 2, 4, 8, 16 or 32 beats

Shift+Parameter
MeltedX 2:08 AM - 19 November, 2012
Thanks again for the reply, I wasn't aware of the domain settings feature, I should really read through the manual again. Maybe I'm being a little too persistent on the loop issue, but I still feel that when I have a loop engaged, I should be able to use all effects and modifiers within that loop, reason being that it is second nature for me to set a loop on tracks that I'm mixing in. As I mix the track in I often add effects to the loop to make things more interesting. I consider the slicer and roll to be effects that will add to being creative with mixing. I will explore using the domain feature of the slicer and maybe use the slicer instead of the loop feature all together.
Silent Disco King 12:24 AM - 21 November, 2012
+1
saNppa 7:06 AM - 22 November, 2012
I have already asked for possibility to use loop rolls inside existing loop and I still truely would like to have it. That would be nice spice up for live mash-ips and basic mixing with loops.
Funkeybro 12:02 PM - 23 November, 2012
Yeah, I noticed this earlier too - agree it would be good to have this feature with looping.
Jam-Master Jake 5:45 AM - 27 November, 2012
+1
Chris Beckler 10:31 PM - 27 November, 2012
check all parts of the forun, guys ;)

rolling inside loop is possible already with a bug I found.

enjoy.

serato.com
djelover 6:58 PM - 25 April, 2013
Quote:
I noticed right from the beginning that when using the slicer within an already established loop, the slicer will advance beyond the loop's end and the track will exit the loop and keep playing. This is very unfortunate and I do truly hope that you are going to fix this. Having a loop established on one of the decks and being able to use the slicer and roll features within the loop without dissolving it (the loop) allows for some very creative mixing techniques, but if the integrity of the loop you are working with dissolves, then it defeats the whole purpose. Hopefully this will ring true with my fellow DJ's and the problem can be resolved.

+10000000000000000000000000000
Big Fat Duck 11:54 AM - 26 April, 2013
Same problem ! I want the loop to stay active even if i use the roll !

+1
Mr Wilks 1:04 PM - 28 April, 2013
+1
acemc 8:55 PM - 5 May, 2013
+1 Loop must stay active whilst using roll
Jay Mass 10:42 AM - 24 October, 2013
Absolutely! This needs fixing, I use loops a lot and it would be awesome to be able to use the roll etc within them,I was surprised you couldnt when I first noticed it! :(
Mr Wilks 5:36 PM - 24 October, 2013
You can roll within a slicer if you activate an upcoming loop and slice over the top. Not the same but interesting.

Also, slip mode helps with some new ways to play (although it needs expanding).
acemc 5:56 AM - 25 October, 2013
Quote:
You can roll within a slicer

Not everyone has the slicer feature though.
Mr Wilks 11:44 AM - 25 October, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
You can roll within a slicer

Not everyone has the slicer feature though.

That's true, including my SL3. I was just making an observation due to the title of the thread requesting it in the "slicer" and saying it can be (kinda) done within that.
acemc 3:58 PM - 28 October, 2013
I don't know how I missed that!
I really need to read thread titles properly.... My bad.
They honestly need to make ALL features of SDJ available to everyone.
But I'll settle for roll within active loop for now.