DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

DJTECHTOOLS is so far traktors ass!!!!!

the_black_one 8:13 PM - 17 November, 2012
i was reading the review on SERATO DJ and you can just feel the traktor fan boy in between the lines......
DCD 9:04 PM - 17 November, 2012
No shit? They've always had a heavy Traktor bias.
DJDBAG 9:44 PM - 17 November, 2012
pretty sure ean golden is even traktor sponsored
the_black_one 10:49 PM - 17 November, 2012
Toooooo bias IMHO....
phatbob 3:15 AM - 18 November, 2012
DJ TechTools focus on cutting-edge DJ technology.

And, like it or not, today, that means Traktor.

Serato are playing catch-up harder than ever, but that doesn't change the fact they're still playing catch-up in the new world where HID is replacing DVS.

They don't hide their affiliation with Native Instruments. Ean Golden appears in videos for them and just did their tour.

But at the same time they were very vocal about NI locking down control of the remix decks, and came out with their own 'hack'.

That makes them independent enough for me.

I found the Serato DJ review read as if it was written by someone who doesn't know Serato software very well... But maybe an outsider's perspective holds some value.

There are a lot of DJ focused websites out there, but I can honestly say that DJTT is the only one where I'm guaranteed to learn something new every week. Just this week alone I've started down a whole new road of live remixing thanks to the Bass Kleph and Mad Zach articles. Long may it continue.
sixxx 5:12 AM - 18 November, 2012
How is Serato playing catch up with Traktor when Traktor doesn't even do video?
BERTO 5:13 AM - 18 November, 2012
Yo serato midiout already
the_black_one 5:16 AM - 18 November, 2012
LOL @ berto posting it for years now!!!but soooo true!!!! we do need midi out..

and that whole crap load that traktor is ahead of the game is strait playing KID!!
DJMark 5:22 AM - 18 November, 2012
All product endorsements and reviews have to be taken with a lot of skepticism.

That's putting it as nicely as possible.
elsupermang 5:39 AM - 18 November, 2012
Quote:
i was reading the review on SERATO DJ and you can just feel the traktor fan boy in between the lines......

Eh? I read the review. It laid out what was new and all the features, said it was a big improvement over ITCH. He compared the effects in Traktor to the new ones in SDJ, and he very factually stated that they are not even close to Traktor's level. 100% true Traktor fanboy or not. Not sure what you are reading between the lines. Review is pretty much on point with the facts.
the_black_one 7:18 AM - 18 November, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

Eh? I read the review. It laid out what was new and all the features, said it was a big improvement over ITCH. He compared the effects in Traktor to the new ones in SDJ, and he very factually stated that they are not even close to Traktor's level. 100% true Traktor fanboy or not. Not sure what you are reading between the lines. Review is pretty much on point with the facts.

dont drink the cool aid homie
REDSELECTER 4:30 PM - 18 November, 2012
SSL stability > Traktor stability
SSL library browsing/organising > Traktor library browsing/organising
SSL GUI > Traktor GUI
Traktor FX > Serato FX
Traktor MIDI > Serato MIDI
Traktor sample decks > Serato sample decks

pick your choice
DJDBAG 4:32 PM - 18 November, 2012
also

traktor hardware > serato hardware

not in quality because i think rane trumps all but just because traktor works with 3rd party soundcards and some djm mixers, i think its considerable
elsupermang 4:39 PM - 18 November, 2012
Quote:
SSL GUI > Traktor GUI
Traktor FX > Serato FX

pick your choice

The GUI is kind of subjective now. SDJ'S main gui is now almost as cluttered as Traktor. What always got to me was the options GUI. There are so many options in there you can probably get certified as a Traktor expert lol. If you been using Traktor for years this may be straightforward since you been through the evolution of change but a new user may find it intimidating.
REDSELECTER 4:42 PM - 18 November, 2012
Quote:
The GUI is kind of subjective now. SDJ'S main gui is now almost as cluttered as Traktor. What always got to me was the options GUI. There are so many options in there you can probably get certified as a Traktor expert lol. If you been using Traktor for years this may be straightforward since you been through the evolution of change but a new user may find it intimidating.

customising the tracktor gui is not hard, but i still think overall that all of the Serato gui's (SL, Itch, DJ, Intro) just use much cleaner graphic elements that are easier to quickly identify and use
Dj Ace 6:30 PM - 18 November, 2012
Also pioneer hardware is not "greater than Rane" the sound quality, the build, customer service...
REDSELECTER 6:35 PM - 18 November, 2012
I think the hardware is a toss up - Rane is def superior quality hardware, but feature and usability wise Pioneer beats them in some areas (think about the buttons on the 68)

but the Audio 10 etc are decent boxes

plus you have choice beyond NI hardware for Traktor Scratch certified stuff - think Pio, Ecler, etc. - this can be a good thing or bad thing, depending on the implementation.
phatbob 7:09 PM - 18 November, 2012
Quote:
SSL GUI > Traktor GUI
Traktor FX > Serato FX

pick your choice

The issue with that list is that the first 3 are debatable, and the rest are not.

I have a Traktor Scratch rig and have found it entirely stable; older versions were a bit 'crashy' for sure.

SSL library works better for me, but Traktor has auto populating of things like genre, and playlist favourites, which is nice. I suspect if I had not been a Serato user for so long I would get on better with the Traktor library.

GUI is definitely arguable either way. Again, my preference is Serato, but that's purely personal.

What is factual, is that Traktor's effects, midi and sample/remix decks are on an entirely different level to even Serato's latest work (DJ).

And to bring it back to the original point of the thread, that is the kind of stuff that DJ TechTools readers are interested in; so naturally they focus on Traktor.
JonnyJordan 8:49 PM - 18 November, 2012
I have both SSL and TS2 installed, I always find myself going for SSL despite Traktor having better fx etc....
sixxx 8:53 PM - 18 November, 2012
So no comment on the video vs no video. Okay then.
DJ DisGrace 8:54 PM - 18 November, 2012
Quote:
Traktor has auto populating of things like genre, and playlist favourites

that's easy when it's all "techno" and "bangers"
the_black_one 9:31 PM - 18 November, 2012
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

nuff said....
phatbob 9:59 PM - 18 November, 2012
Quote:

Serato aren't even at the cutting-edge of video plugins for their own platform though...

I'm not saying Traktor is better. I have both platforms, and I only ever play out on Serato software.

The point is, that the things which matter to the DJTT readership are found in Traktor, not SL/Itch/SDJ. It's easy to see. Just go lurk around their forum for an hour. Not much talk of video over there, either.

Quote:
Quote:

You forgot "Skrillex". ;-)
AKIEM 10:14 PM - 18 November, 2012
Djtechtools is about MidiFighter, button pushing and modifying shit with arcade game buttons - traktor is better suited for it - so what?

What pisses me off is I was looking at MidiFighters for like I year, decided to get one, seen it was on sale even - wtf!? Sold out and discontinued.....
Sob!
Nm
DJ Jonasty 10:15 PM - 18 November, 2012
It's because nobody cares about video. Who even makes any music videos anymore. Video sl I thought it was cool for like a day, then meh.
Niro 11:56 PM - 18 November, 2012
I would have to disagree, I think more videos are coming out nowadays, just not on MTV. The future is going to be video/visuals. People what a whole show and visuals are a huge part of it. I see more clubs put in lcd tv's than lights now. The people that don't care about video are usually the ones that don't do video, like the DJ's that stuck to the old format of DJing.
REDSELECTER 11:58 PM - 18 November, 2012
Quote:
hat a whole show and visuals are a huge part of it. I see more clubs put in lcd tv's than lights now. The people that don't care about video are usually the ones that don't do video, like the DJ's that stuck

usually not the DJ doing visuals in those clubs though - there is usually a lighting/video person running something like VDMX
Niro 12:03 AM - 19 November, 2012
It's changing, as clubs condense and things get tight. Also myself and many others prefer to control the visuals ourselves.
REDSELECTER 12:05 AM - 19 November, 2012
Quote:
It's changing, as clubs condense and things get tight. Also myself and many others prefer to control the visuals ourselves.

maybe in the hip hop world
Niro 12:05 AM - 19 November, 2012
I would say it's similar to the DJ/producer. As video/graphic editing programs get cheaper and easier, you'll see a lot more audio/visual guys.
Niro 12:06 AM - 19 November, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

maybe in the hip hop world

Actually I see this more in the club/dance music scene.
phatbob 12:20 AM - 19 November, 2012
Fatboy Slim, Joachim Garraud, Sander Kleinenberg, Armin Van Burren.
sixxx 1:06 AM - 19 November, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

Serato aren't even at the cutting-edge of video plugins for their own platform though...

I'm not saying Traktor is better. I have both platforms, and I only ever play out on Serato software.

The point is, that the things which matter to the DJTT readership are found in Traktor, not SL/Itch/SDJ. It's easy to see. Just go lurk around their forum for an hour. Not much talk of video over there, either.

Well of course, not... CAUSE THEY DON'T OFFER IT!!!!!!!!!!!!

And I think also because Traktor seems to be used by more EDM guys. Plus, it's my understanding they delete anything that's negative on their site.
sixxx 1:07 AM - 19 November, 2012
Quote:
It's because nobody cares about video. Who even makes any music videos anymore. Video sl I thought it was cool for like a day, then meh.

hahaha

Yup. Nobody cares about video. /sarcasm
Mr. Goodkat 1:32 AM - 19 November, 2012
everytime i use traktor, all i can think is why i didn't use serato, because everything is so much easier.

but if i played house all night, it would be so much easier. (sync button)
DJ Jonasty 2:15 AM - 19 November, 2012
Visuals in clubs yes, music videos not so much. I may not be able to speak for the scene as a whole but personally just fat beats are enough for me. Videos I still think are kinda lame and a pain in the ass.
DJ Jonasty 2:16 AM - 19 November, 2012
Gonna go check my hate mail now, lol.
Dj Shamann 2:20 AM - 19 November, 2012
Quote:
It's because nobody cares about video. Who even makes any music videos anymore.

Ummm... everybody?
sixxx 2:30 AM - 19 November, 2012
Quote:
Visuals in clubs yes, music videos not so much. I may not be able to speak for the scene as a whole but personally just fat beats are enough for me. Videos I still think are kinda lame and a pain in the ass.

Says the guy who doesn't mix videos.
DJ DisGrace 2:55 AM - 19 November, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
Scratching I still think is kinda lame and a pain in the ass.

Says the guy who doesn't scratch.
MPC O.G. 3:12 AM - 19 November, 2012
A lot of you seem to forget Ean Golden is at the TOP of the controllerist movement. As soon as he makes a mapping for the Pio for DJ all you haters will instantly be dick-riders. If you use Dicers you are an Ean Golden fan. Why are you so mad? If you're nice with it, it doesn't matter what you use. Serato DJ has a LOT of TSP like functions, especially SYNC. so does that make anybody that uses DJ a button masher? Just asking because a lot of you act like he slapped your grandmother with his dick. Use what you use and stop acting like broken hearted bitches because someone else doesn't like to use what you use.
lvmez 4:21 AM - 19 November, 2012
Quote:
Just asking because a lot of you act like he slapped your grandmother with his dick.

lol.
DJ Jonasty 4:33 AM - 19 November, 2012
Word
Dj-M.Bezzle 11:01 AM - 19 November, 2012
Quote:
Also pioneer hardware is not "greater than Rane" the sound quality, the build, customer service...

To be 100 % honest where im from i had never seen ANYTHING rane until i came onto the forum.....i was raised on the 600 mixer and pioneer equient (outside of techs)
Dj-M.Bezzle 11:05 AM - 19 November, 2012
Quote:
everytime i use traktor, all i can think is why i didn't use serato, because everything is so much easier.

but if i played house all night, it would be so much easier. (sync button)

Best quote of the thread
Dj-M.Bezzle 11:06 AM - 19 November, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
It's because nobody cares about video. Who even makes any music videos anymore.

Ummm... everybody?

Not really, 99% of my requests are for songs without videos
Dj-M.Bezzle 11:09 AM - 19 November, 2012
Quote:
If you use Dicers you are an Ean Golden fan. .

I use my boys dicers when i fill in for him and they suck ass.....so can u please explain to my who the fuck ean gold is and why im his fan over a shitty product he didnt create?
Dj-M.Bezzle 11:12 AM - 19 November, 2012
Quote:
A lot of you seem to forget Ean Golden is at the TOP of the controllerist movement. As soon as he makes a mapping for the Pio for DJ all you haters will instantly be dick-riders. If you use Dicers you are an Ean Golden fan. Why are you so mad? If you're nice with it, it doesn't matter what you use. Serato DJ has a LOT of TSP like functions, especially SYNC. so does that make anybody that uses DJ a button masher? Just asking because a lot of you act like he slapped your grandmother with his dick. Use what you use and stop acting like broken hearted bitches because someone else doesn't like to use what you use.

Also i love how you picked up a cause and championed it....even though it had nothing to do with the point of the thread.. .....controllerists would get through life so much easier if they werent so damn self concience
MPC O.G. 4:03 PM - 19 November, 2012
I feel it has EVERYTHING to do with the original post. People are mad because the uses TSP. He doesn't hide the fact he uses TSP. If Serato had midi in and out he would do something for it too. I was using him as an example because of him and his team's expertise in midi mapping and hacking DVS programs. Most companies that make controllers give them to him FIRST. This discussion started because someone got their feelings hurt because he told the truth. How many people ACTUALLY read the review? I own SSL and TSP, so I don't really give a FUCK which one I use, or which one YOU use. I just asked about all the hate and booty-hurt feelings. Sorry if you got into your feelings. Stop looking on DJTT for info on SSL/DJ, ask the expert, KONIX.
MPC O.G. 4:05 PM - 19 November, 2012
Also DJ is TRYING to catch up to TSP. Yeah, I said it. And why don't all the people who talk so much shit about a program with SYNC have NOTHING to say about SYNC being one of the MAIN features of DJ? Hypocrites.......
Dj Nyce 4:13 PM - 19 November, 2012
let's not forget traktor can Auto-Import new music. serato we're still waiting...
AKIEM 4:38 PM - 19 November, 2012
Quote:
Also DJ is TRYING to catch up to TSP. Yeah, I said it. And why don't all the people who talk so much shit about a program with SYNC have NOTHING to say about SYNC being one of the MAIN features of DJ? Hypocrites.......

Uh because asking them to take it off is dumb. Or because no one said anything about it being on another program.
Papa Midnight 4:42 PM - 19 November, 2012
Quote:
let's not forget traktor can Auto-Import new music. serato we're still waiting...

This.

Hell, Serato, take it a step further. Bring auto-import and crate creation by directory structure. Zing.
MPC O.G. 4:50 PM - 19 November, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

Uh because asking them to take it off is dumb. Or because no one said anything about it being on another program.

The main knock on TSP users is they NEED sync to DJ and it doesn't have video. MOST of the things in DJ are things SSL users asked for. Do a search on this forum and tell me I'm wrong. Again why not ask the Serato experts on how to do things on SSL/DJ? Why so sensitive?
AKIEM 5:00 PM - 19 November, 2012
I am against sync in DVS software and have said it a million times and argued it not be added to SSL - sounded like you were saying I'm hypocritical for not complaint about it being in SDJ.
Dj-M.Bezzle 5:08 PM - 19 November, 2012
Quote:
I feel it has EVERYTHING to do with the original post. People are mad because the uses TSP.

Whos mad? U mad?
Dj-M.Bezzle 5:09 PM - 19 November, 2012
Quote:
This discussion started because someone got their feelings hurt because he told the truth

Not really, it was started because a site that should be unbiased leaning towards a particular brand
Dj-M.Bezzle 5:12 PM - 19 November, 2012
Quote:
 I just asked about all the hate and booty-hurt feelings. Sorry if you got into your feelings. Stop looking on DJTT for info on SSL/DJ, ask the expert, KONIX.

Can you point out some examples cause from my understanding of the thread your the only one catchin feelins....if everyone in this thread sat down youd be the only one still standin your so booty hury
echa1945mf 5:14 PM - 19 November, 2012
this should be fun *making popcorn
Dj-M.Bezzle 5:22 PM - 19 November, 2012
Dj controllers should come bundled with hugs and attention cause alot if these kids need it BADLY! I heard the new traktor update has random popups that say "your doing great" and "keep up the good work champ"
echa1945mf 5:24 PM - 19 November, 2012
Quote:
Dj controllers should come bundled with hugs and attention cause alot if these kids need it BADLY! I heard the new traktor update has random popups that say "your doing great" and "keep up the good work champ"

BUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
Dj-M.Bezzle 5:27 PM - 19 November, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

Screenshot

roadmaptowellness.com
Papa Midnight 5:34 PM - 19 November, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Screenshot

roadmaptowellness.com

Woah-woah-woah... you leave DDR out of this :P
echa1945mf 5:36 PM - 19 November, 2012
damn it bezzle i just spilled my cofee hahahaha
DJ'Que 5:55 PM - 19 November, 2012
Mostly all artist have a PR that does all the writing for them. Some don't even know that they was suppose to have said them things.

I know this from experience. .

Like in Sx do you think they are drinking red bull and monster energy drinks nope its water. Gatorade was the only real drink we drink.
Dj-M.Bezzle 5:57 PM - 19 November, 2012
Quote:
Mostly all artist have a PR that does all the writing for them.

You should look into that
Dj Shamann 6:55 PM - 19 November, 2012
Quote:
Not really, 99% of my requests are for songs without videos

So that means nobody makes videos anymore?

There's more videos being made now than ever.
the_black_one 6:56 PM - 19 November, 2012
wow..... HOLD THE FUCK UP......... That long haired hippy (EAN) did not invent the dicers!!!! if anyone deserves that credit it has to be AKIEM!!!! some of you new cats don't know but it was him who has been at the cutting edge of home brews !!!!
Dj-M.Bezzle 6:59 PM - 19 November, 2012
Quote:
wow..... HOLD THE FUCK UP......... That long haired hippy (EAN) did not invent the dicers!!!! if anyone deserves that credit it has to be AKIEM!!!! some of you new cats don't know but it was him who has been at the cutting edge of home brews !!!!

I thought that angry dude who got banned from the forum did....what was that guys name
the_black_one 7:02 PM - 19 November, 2012
AKIEM was the first to install midi buttons on a turntable
the_black_one 7:05 PM - 19 November, 2012
AKIEM was the one that put the SL1 into a 56.
Dj-M.Bezzle 7:06 PM - 19 November, 2012
roctakon
djcrap 7:09 PM - 19 November, 2012
AKIEM was the first hire to the thrown of Zamunda.
Dj-M.Bezzle 7:14 PM - 19 November, 2012
Quote:

Rotfl
the_black_one 7:16 PM - 19 November, 2012
Quote:

LMFAO!!!!!
DJ Jonasty 7:25 PM - 19 November, 2012
Video djing equals dj staring at laptop and patrons staring at the tv. How about dj just put on some nice tunes and let the ladies dance.
Dj-M.Bezzle 7:29 PM - 19 November, 2012
Quote:
Video djing equals dj staring at laptop and patrons staring at the tv. How about dj just put on some nice tunes and let the ladies dance.

Why would a video dj stare at the screen longer than a normal dj?
the_black_one 7:29 PM - 19 November, 2012
Quote:

SMFH....
Dj Nyce 10:36 PM - 19 November, 2012
Quote:

you sir are extremely mistaken. i look at the screen just as much as if i was doing an audio only set. also i see people dancing on the packed dancefloors, not staring at tv screens.

if you don't do video, that's you. don't knock others doing it. it's added value that you and your clients don't see and that's fine. but elsewhere people see the value and there are those willing to supply that demand.
sixxx 3:39 AM - 20 November, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

LMFAO!!!!!

haha
sixxx 3:40 AM - 20 November, 2012
Quote:

Again, says that DJ who doesn't mix videos.

Listen dude, those who mix video right know that it ain't about the video. It's about the music. We're not staring at the screen. We're concentrating on the music just like any other DJ on the planet. The difference is that patrons can enjoy videos while they're lounging or dancing or whatever. Does Traktor offer video? No. Does Serato? Yes.

End of story. Whether it doesn't suite your needs or not, that's a different question.
sixxx 3:41 AM - 20 November, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

Why would a video dj stare at the screen longer than a normal dj?

Exactly....
sixxx 3:42 AM - 20 November, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

you sir are extremely mistaken. i look at the screen just as much as if i was doing an audio only set. also i see people dancing on the packed dancefloors, not staring at tv screens.

if you don't do video, that's you. don't knock others doing it. it's added value that you and your clients don't see and that's fine. but elsewhere people see the value and there are those willing to supply that demand.

Exactly
AKIEM 3:58 AM - 20 November, 2012
who the fuck would stare at videos while DJing?
DJ Jonasty 5:00 AM - 20 November, 2012
Ok video is awesome, I take it back.
thebuttonfreak 5:20 AM - 20 November, 2012
If Serato implemented midi out they would be on top. I really wish they would tell us why they don't. It's obviously a strategic decision or something. Granted it's a stupid one. Midi out would change the game. I'm so desperate for it I bought traktor the other day. It's cool but doesn't have the hands on control serato does. I use a livid controller so I get lights but they are not responsive.

WHY NO MIDI OUT SERATO?????????
Maskrider 6:55 AM - 20 November, 2012
Quote:
I have both SSL and TS2 installed, I always find myself going for SSL despite Traktor having better fx etc....

So that's all we need Better Effects.
Maskrider 7:01 AM - 20 November, 2012
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

And are willing to pay.....I used to hate video and look down on it but it does make perfect sense especially if you Dj in a Bar where everybody is just sitting down an added feature that gives your clients entertainment.

Dj-M.Bezzle 1:35 PM - 20 November, 2012
Quote:
who the fuck would stare at videos while DJing?

To be fair there are a few vids in my colection thatll catchbmy attn....make it nasty for example lol
sixxx 2:12 PM - 20 November, 2012
I know you got burned with MsBezzle but you may need another girl in your life. lmao
Dj-M.Bezzle 3:17 PM - 20 November, 2012
Quote:
I know you got burned with MsBezzle but you may need another girl in your life. lmao

Lmfao, fuck bitches get money!!!

Besides its hard to find a girl with my same intersts

Girl: so what do you for fun

Me: oh i hang out on a dj forum and manically argue math equations with an orange salesman and the only man alive whos never been wrong who may or may not be the heir to the throne of zumunda...could you excuse me for a second someone just asked where to download music from and i need to belittle him before the threads locked
AKIEM 3:25 PM - 20 November, 2012
You forgot to add that my favorite quote is "the more often you admit to being wrong, the more often you are right".
djcrap 5:27 PM - 20 November, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

Ahaaaa Sixxx you got it all wrong Bezzle didn't get burned he went out with a bang!!!!! cause that bitch's pussy was pure poison

Watchwww.youtube.com
the_black_one 5:37 PM - 20 November, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Ahaaaa Sixxx you got it all wrong Bezzle didn't get burned he went out with a bang!!!!! cause that bitch's pussy was pure poison

Watchwww.youtube.com

LMFAO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WarpNote 6:22 PM - 20 November, 2012
Quote:

Me: oh i hang out on a dj forum and manically argue math equations with an orange salesman and the only man alive whos never been wrong who may or may not be the heir to the throne of zumunda...could you excuse me for a second someone just asked where to download music from and i need to belittle him before the threads locked

I need to use this pickup line, LOL!
the_black_one 6:26 PM - 20 November, 2012
Serato needs a 3rd party web site that is serato heavy just the way techtools is with traktor.
elsupermang 6:32 PM - 20 November, 2012
Quote:
Serato needs a 3rd party web site that is serato heavy just the way techtools is with traktor.

You're more than welcome to start one. That's what Ean Golden did.
phatbob 6:38 PM - 20 November, 2012
Serato doesn't need one. Their forum is already a hive of free comment and information.

The Traktor forum, on the other hand, is one of NI's major failings.

If they had a more open and useful forum, I doubt DJTT would exist in it's current form.
elsupermang 6:46 PM - 20 November, 2012
Quote:
Serato doesn't need one. Their forum is already a hive of free comment and information.

The Traktor forum, on the other hand, is one of NI's major failings.

If they had a more open and useful forum, I doubt DJTT would exist in it's current form.

Heh djtechtools was started as a controllerist site focusing on the controllerist movement. The fact is Traktor is a lot more open when it comes to tinkering and programming through MIDI IN/MIDI Out. It lets you control all the functions and output status LEDs etc. This is why DJTECHTOOLS is more Traktor focused.

If Serato was a open ecosystem (instead of closed hardware) there would be a similar site too. You want to fault them for being a bit more biased to Traktor, go ahead but inherently Serato does not promote open hacking and tinkering like Traktor does.
Dj-M.Bezzle 6:58 PM - 20 November, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

I need to use this pickup line, LOL!

Its a sure thing panty dropper
Dj-M.Bezzle 6:59 PM - 20 November, 2012
Quote:
You forgot to add that my favorite quote is "the more often you admit to being wrong, the more often you are right".

Except when you use that line its you trying to get someone to admit your right
blackavenger 7:00 PM - 20 November, 2012
Quote:
Serato doesn't need one. Their forum is already a hive of free comment and information.The Traktor forum, on the other hand, is one of NI's major failings.If they had a more open and useful forum, I doubt DJTT would exist in it's current form.

As a recent Traktor quasi-convert, I agree.....their forum BLOWS!!!

I mean, there are a few users over there that are very helpfull, but not having ANY participation from the development team is quite a shock to say the least!!!
AKIEM 7:03 PM - 20 November, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

Except when you use that line its you trying to get someone to admit your right

yeah, I said "you" not "I"
phatbob 7:28 PM - 20 November, 2012
Quote:
You want to fault them for being a bit more biased to Traktor, go ahead but inherently Serato does not promote open hacking and tinkering like Traktor does.

Have you read the whole thread? I posted much the same as you a few days ago.

My point is that the DJTT site and it's forum wouldn't be so dominated by Traktor issues and discussions if NI's own forum served its purpose better.
sixxx 7:29 PM - 20 November, 2012
And then? lmao
MPC O.G. 7:37 PM - 20 November, 2012
Quote:

They do let you submit articles if they are well written and backed with experience of the subject talked about. If some of you on this forum submitted I think you would get some published. A lot of the hacks and mappings come from the readers and users. I bet someone over there will have a hack for the NS7 before the official upgrade. Maybe someone over at MIXXX hack DJ/SSL. I mean, you all talk about it, now be about it.
DJ Nightmare Productions 8:05 PM - 20 November, 2012
Quote:

Second and Third
Papa Midnight 10:02 PM - 20 November, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

They do let you submit articles if they are well written and backed with experience of the subject talked about. If some of you on this forum submitted I think you would get some published. A lot of the hacks and mappings come from the readers and users. I bet someone over there will have a hack for the NS7 before the official upgrade. Maybe someone over at MIXXX hack DJ/SSL. I mean, you all talk about it, now be about it.

Not probable. People have been trying to map the NS7 to Traktor for a few years now with no success. This is well documented in the ITCH forums. Simply stated, the platters cannot be mapped.
Dj-M.Bezzle 10:09 PM - 20 November, 2012
Is this fake Watchwww.youtube.com
Papa Midnight 10:36 PM - 20 November, 2012
Quote:
Is this fake Watchwww.youtube.com

No. Quartz is the one who lead the charge to map NS7 to Traktor Pro and released his mappings publicly (as well as the midichart. I still have all the files myself). As the video itself mentions, it was experimental and extremely flawed. That's the best descriptor possible. That's pretty much where it stalled at.
Mr. Goodkat 12:33 AM - 21 November, 2012
if you play videos how would you not stare at the screen between mixing songs and vids? not saying you have to do it all night long, but surely it requires a bit more screen time.
DJ DisGrace 1:05 AM - 21 November, 2012
Quote:
if you play videos how would you not stare at the screen between mixing songs and vids? not saying you have to do it all night long, but surely it requires a bit more screen time.

we make up for it by mixing with our ears ;)
sixxx 1:18 AM - 21 November, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

Zing!
DJ DisGrace 1:30 AM - 21 November, 2012
But seriously.... when I first started mixing videos I wanted to watch the videos, then keep an eye on the transitions, play with some effects, etc. But that wears off pretty quick, and you get back to focusing on the music and letting ME take care of the rest!
echa1945mf 7:27 AM - 21 November, 2012
see this is why i love this forum , some fine kush, some chaa yen and boom ..... you guys are the best source of entertainment

oh my god my life is pathetic T_T
Dj-M.Bezzle 2:15 PM - 21 November, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

Ya thats fine for audio but how do you make the videos on beat ;) lol
DJ JT Stevens 3:01 PM - 21 November, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Simple, just line up the lens flares.
Dj-M.Bezzle 3:07 PM - 21 November, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Simple, just line up the lens flares.

Lol, ive got my lens flares down but i trainwreck my strobe effect everytime....i also cant 2 up juggle
sixxx 3:32 PM - 21 November, 2012
lol
Papa Midnight 3:46 PM - 21 November, 2012
I just use Milkdrop... Handles everything for me...
Dj-M.Bezzle 4:12 PM - 21 November, 2012
Quote:
I just use Milkdrop... Handles everything for me...

It would be so dope if milkdrop worked with syphon
thebuttonfreak 7:42 PM - 21 November, 2012
It wasn't a bad review. Not really sure what all the noise is about.
WarpNote 7:59 PM - 21 November, 2012
Quote:
It wasn't a bad review. Not really sure what all the noise is about.

+ 1
blackavenger 9:15 PM - 21 November, 2012
Quote:

Well, for one, if you were to look around the Traktor & DJTT forums, you would see that the demand for Traktor to add video is minimal to say the least. Traktor primarily appeals to DJs that play Dance Music. Most Parties/Clubs that cater to Dance Music, that are worth their weight in salt, have their own dedicated Video Artists that take care of the visuals.

So, now that that's been covered, the reason Serato are playing catch up is because their products can't do this......

www.youtube.com!
DJ DisGrace 9:19 PM - 21 November, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

Well, for one, if you were to look around the Traktor & DJTT forums, you would see that the demand for Traktor to add video is minimal to say the least. Traktor primarily appeals to DJs that play Dance Music. Most Parties/Clubs that cater to Dance Music, that are worth their weight in salt, have their own dedicated Video Artists that take care of the visuals.

So, now that that's been covered, the reason Serato are playing catch up is because their products can't do this......

www.youtube.com!

pfffttt... dancing.....
Watchwww.youtube.com
the_black_one 9:23 PM - 21 November, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

www.youtube.com!

Nice.... but to me its not about remix decks. IMHO library management is a HUGE deal. Lay out, and the fact that i know SL like my old lady's pussy.
blackavenger 9:54 PM - 21 November, 2012
Quote:
IMHO library management is a HUGE deal. Lay out, and the fact that i know SL like my old lady's pussy.

I love Serato for these reasons too, but how is that relevant?

I'm sure in a few years I'll know Traktor just as well as I know ScratchLIVE.
I'm already getting used to the Library Management.
As for layout, you can configure the GUI how you wish in Traktor....another thing that Serato needs to implement.

Listen this isn't a this/vs./that debate. Serato are playing catch up to Traktor....you only need to look to ITCH's demise for evidence. They had to scrap it, just so they could create a platform that could compete w' Traktor's functionality.

Hey, I, and others, asked for Serato to implement a lot of what Traktor has now, even before N.I. did....so the blame lies w' Serato for not continuing to innovate, becoming stale, and for falling so far behind.
sixxx 10:01 PM - 21 November, 2012
For cats like me who do video, if you don't have it then you are behind. It is as simple as that. When Traktor gets video, I will talk about anything else. Until then, it's SSL for me.
DJ_X_Trodinaire 10:06 PM - 21 November, 2012
And others likes the way Serato Live is :)

I still support Serato since 2005

Dang i miss the simplicity of 1.4 lol
the_black_one 10:08 PM - 21 November, 2012
Quote:

i remember those days
the_black_one 10:12 PM - 21 November, 2012
for video cats....... IT's a must for you to have SL with ME if not then your really doing a dis service to your employer.
AKIEM 10:14 PM - 21 November, 2012
Quote:

Listen this isn't a this/vs./that debate. Serato are playing catch up to Traktor....you only need to look to ITCH's demise for evidence. They had to scrap it, just so they could create a platform that could compete w' Traktor's functionality.

I dont think thats why ITCH was 'scrapped'. It served its function......
jprime 10:18 PM - 21 November, 2012
Traktor is still playing catch up to iphone DJ 1.0.

Can't use it on a mobile device? GTFO.
flipmo8064 10:19 PM - 21 November, 2012
Quote:

THIS
the_black_one 10:22 PM - 21 November, 2012
itch was the child serato created to test the controller market. They saw an opportunity in the market place for such software. Serato DJ is the more polished version of itch. traktor is a great product in many ways but for people like myself and others here, the lack of video is a major turn off. DJTECHTOOLS super serves traktor users because that's what they choose.
sixxx 10:22 PM - 21 November, 2012
Quote:
for video cats....... IT's a must for you to have SL with ME if not then your really doing a dis service to your employer.

I agree. Either way, there is no way for me to use Traktor and ME is there?
the_black_one 10:24 PM - 21 November, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

BTW sixxx, have you seen hoe Serato dj ripped off the GUI from ME... the knobs,sliders.
AKIEM 10:28 PM - 21 November, 2012
Quote:
itch was the child serato created to test the controller market. They saw an opportunity in the market place for such software. Serato DJ is the more polished version of itch. traktor is a great product in many ways but for people like myself and others here, the lack of video is a major turn off. DJTECHTOOLS super serves traktor users because that's what they choose.

I will speak on this art a later date.
Dj JesC 11:05 PM - 21 November, 2012
im actually a mod on DJTT, i see the same gripes about traktor vs serato and its features, bugs and the color of wave forms. Ill check out the video to see what the hype is all about.
Mr. Goodkat 11:54 PM - 21 November, 2012
i never understood why the dj should be spinning videos? why can the light guy/visual guy do that? next thing ill have to serve drinks and greet tables.
the_black_one 11:57 PM - 21 November, 2012
Quote:
i never understood why the dj should be spinning videos? why can the light guy/visual guy do that? next thing ill have to serve drinks and greet tables.

i had to play videos because the market that i'm in demands it.
d:raf 12:08 AM - 22 November, 2012
Just read the review. Basically this thread title should say "How dare these blasphemous heretics even mention Traktor in the light of Serato's greatness???!!"

Some of ya'll are way too sensitive. lol
Maskrider 1:57 AM - 22 November, 2012
Quote:

Coz Djing is evolving and Djs should evolve too.
DJ Jonasty 2:14 AM - 22 November, 2012
People in 2007 said video is the future and will be demanded. Yeah not so much. It's a lot of effort and hdd space for a very cheesy end product. It may be for others but not for me. Sheet, I don't use either ask or tsp2 anymore and I couldn't be happier. No updates no new controllers etc. just a focus on the tunes. I got wrapped up in all the gear and software hype for a long time and I have seen the other side. (Because there wasn't a laptop blocking my view.)
sixxx 2:29 AM - 22 November, 2012
Quote:

I just basically play music and the music has a video attached to it. I don't think of it as a video even though its there for the customers to see.
sixxx 2:31 AM - 22 November, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

BTW sixxx, have you seen hoe Serato dj ripped off the GUI from ME... the knobs,sliders.

No I haven't. Wow. Maybe they figured since ME is so popular, might as well. Kinda how every turntable just about copied the layout of the 1200's.
the_black_one 4:38 AM - 22 November, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

No I haven't. Wow. Maybe they figured since ME is so popular, might as well. Kinda how every turntable just about copied the layout of the 1200's.

copy catz!!!
sixxx 6:20 AM - 22 November, 2012
In a way it makes sense to copy stuff - do I agree with it? No. But, if it's the best layout, it's the best layout. You know?
blackavenger 7:36 AM - 22 November, 2012
Quote:
Just read the review. Basically this thread title should say "How dare these blasphemous heretics even mention Traktor in the light of Serato's greatness???!!"

Some of ya'll are way too sensitive. lol

hahahahhhhhhaaahhaaaa!!!!!
blackavenger 8:06 AM - 22 November, 2012
Quote:

And therein lies the divide. I too have been on ScratchLIVE since those days (1.3), but this is the niche that Serato have cornered themselves into. For "simplistic" track to track mixing, Serato reigns supreme....for innovative/taking DJing forward type shizz, Traktor is leaps & bounds beyond Serato. Hence the reason for DJTT being Traktor Biased. DJTT is a Blog/Forum dedicated to pushing the boundaries beyond what DVS had initially intended. So, it's only natural for them to gravitate towards Traktor which offers that functionality.

Quote:
Most Parties/Clubs that cater to Dance Music, that are worth their weight in salt, have their own dedicated Video Artists that take care of the visuals.

Can any of you SV/ME DJs do visuals like this?

youtu.be

Dedicated Visual Artists are much better suited to provide the visuals than the "cheap" video effects represented in Serato_Video/Mixed Emergency!!
the_black_one 8:32 AM - 22 November, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

And therein lies the divide. I too have been on ScratchLIVE since those days (1.3), but this is the niche that Serato have cornered themselves into. For "simplistic" track to track mixing, Serato reigns supreme....for innovative/taking DJing forward type shizz, Traktor is leaps & bounds beyond Serato. Hence the reason for DJTT being Traktor Biased. DJTT is a Blog/Forum dedicated to pushing the boundaries beyond what DVS had initially intended. So, it's only natural for them to gravitate towards Traktor which offers that functionality.

Quote:
Most Parties/Clubs that cater to Dance Music, that are worth their weight in salt, have their own dedicated Video Artists that take care of the visuals.

youtu.be

Dedicated Visual Artists are much better suited to provide the visuals than the "cheap" video effects represented in Serato_Video/Mixed Emergency!!

ima be nice
Dj Shamann 8:40 AM - 22 November, 2012
Quote:

youtu.be

SMH
blackavenger 9:23 AM - 22 November, 2012
Quote:
ima be nice

Don't be.....

Quote:
Quote:

youtu.be

SMH

What? These kats are manipulating video effects in real time.......I've never seen a DJ using SV/ME do shit like this. All I've seen from those types were so called VJs mixing MTV videos....WEAK!!!

You see, this is what divides us Dance Music kats from you Hip-Hop kats. I honestly hate the division, being that we're both DJs, and essentially, we're doing the same thing....rocking crowds, and making people move. But, for some reason, I get this vibe from the Hip-Hop DJ community that you are content with mediocrity. That you see any advancement of Technology beyond what you think is appropriate.....mixing, scratching, etc.., as heresy to "true" DJing! God forbid a DJ want to focus on just mixing tunes, and building a vibe....NO, if he/she isn't mixing video, and scratching like a turntablist, they aren't "keeping it real"......haha, whatever!!

I realize I have gone waaaaay off topic, but in a way, it is kind of relevant to what is being discussed in this thread.

Damn, DJTT for being Traktor biased because they support a platform that promotes pushing shit beyond simple DVS.
Dj Shamann 9:58 AM - 22 November, 2012
First of all, you're comparing two different things. these guys are talking about mixing music videos, you post up a video of floating cubes and bubbles. If you're going to talk down to people, at least get the subject down first.

Quote:
You see, this is what divides us Dance Music kats from you Hip-Hop kats. I honestly hate the division, being that we're both DJs, and essentially, we're doing the same thing....rocking crowds, and making people move. But, for some reason, I get this vibe from the Hip-Hop DJ community that you are content with mediocrity. That you see any advancement of Technology beyond what you think is appropriate.....mixing, scratching, etc.., as heresy to "true" DJing! God forbid a DJ want to focus on just mixing tunes, and building a vibe....NO, if he/she isn't mixing video, and scratching like a turntablist, they aren't "keeping it real"......haha, whatever!!

Condescend much? Contradict much? "Divide" with your own statements much?

First it's "us" Hip Hop guys and we're content with "mediocrity", yet if we see someone just mixing and not doing more we look down on it? Which is it?

And aren't the people who disagree with this a thread the ones going on about how controllerists are pushing digital DJing so much further than the cavemen who just use turntables? You make no sense.

I'm not going to say "I hate to break it to you" because people are so full of shit when they say that, they actually love to break it to people when they're wrong, me I don't hate or love, I'm just going to break it to you...

I'm not a Hip Hop kat, I'm not just a Dance kat, I'm not just a Reggae kat, I'm not just a Rock kat or an anything kat, I play music, all different kinds, so there's no you and your buddies vs. me and my buddies here, I don't give a shit what you play in this conversation. Don't put up a video of dudes floating bubbles and say some shit like "can any of YOU do that?" when yes in fact they can.

But that's not the point of Serato Video to these guys, it's to play actual music videos and they have crowds that enjoy it, you might not but professional Serato VJs can make a good piece of money in comparison to Djs who don't.

But in your eyes they should hire visual artists instead for a friggin' video dance party. Can your "visual artists" sync those same music videos to the audio without some big rehearsal, complete with to the millisecond cues and set in stone playlists? (Who was that recently that got caught playing a pre-recorded mix and blamed it on his visual guys?) Why bother when Serato VJs can just play their own visuals on the fly depending on the crowd.

Two different animals and the reason I SMH'd was because I couldn't believe someone would actually compare the two.

Quote:
Damn, DJTT for being Traktor biased because they support a platform that promotes pushing shit beyond simple DVS.

But I thought you just wanted to mix tunes and build a vibe? Again, which is it?
Dj Shamann 10:03 AM - 22 November, 2012
I'll also break this to you, I own turntables, CD decks, a DJ controller, MIDI controllers and all kinds of other tech-toys you see in the magazines, so despite what you assume about some divide, it ain't there.
Dj Shamann 10:15 AM - 22 November, 2012
And everyone going on about playing catch up, how is one playing catch up to another when they're on two different roads. When it comes to turntable Djing, I don't need all that shit half of you "think" you do, yet don't even utilize yourself. It's like all these guys that go on about "focusing on other things" so they can be "creative" but are still just slinging Rihanna records to douchebags 3 nights a week.

You want to go be creative after needing somebody in a magazine to tell you how to, you go do that with the device that was intended for all that, don't let the product that wasn't stand in the way of your groundbreaking takeover of the scene as we know it.
AKIEM 10:55 AM - 22 November, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

youtu.be

Um, I can do that and more with SSL / ME / QTZ
Dj Shamann 11:11 AM - 22 November, 2012
Man I was typing to fast.. dam no-edit.

Quote:
But that's not the point of Serato Video to these guys, it's to play actual music videos (as well as the ability to customize visuals) and they have crowds that enjoy it, you might not but professional Serato VJs can make a good piece of money in comparison to Djs who don't.
Dj Shamann 11:13 AM - 22 November, 2012
*too fast (*damn insomnia I'm going to bed)
BERTO 4:05 PM - 22 November, 2012
Its like a honda race team driver saying bmw turner team sucks, bc they are sponsored /work for honda, they are going to bring up the positives of honda and the bmw negatives.... Simple bias based on usage, same goes for lowes vs home depot employees shoprite vs price chopper its quite funny
blackavenger 4:48 PM - 22 November, 2012
I was drunk, and confrontational. I'm actually laughing at myself right now.
blackavenger 4:59 PM - 22 November, 2012
I could retort all of your comments, Shamann, but honestly, I just don't feel like it. Despite writing all that shit whilst being piss-ass-drunk, I still stand behind what was written.
sixxx 6:21 PM - 22 November, 2012
I'm just going to say two words to this just because it shows:

" You see, this is what divides us Dance Music kats from you Hip-Hop kats. I honestly hate the division, being that we're both DJs, and essentially, we're doing the same thing....rocking crowds, and making people move. But, for some reason, I get this vibe from the Hip-Hop DJ community that you are content with mediocrity. That you see any advancement of Technology beyond what you think is appropriate.....mixing, scratching, etc.., as heresy to "true" DJing! God forbid a DJ want to focus on just mixing tunes, and building a vibe....NO, if he/she isn't mixing video, and scratching like a turntablist, they aren't "keeping it real"......haha, whatever!!"

He mad
DJ DisGrace 6:25 PM - 22 November, 2012
Quote:
I'm just going to say two words to this just because it shows:

" You see, this is what divides us Dance Music kats from you Hip-Hop kats. I honestly hate the division, being that we're both DJs, and essentially, we're doing the same thing....rocking crowds, and making people move. But, for some reason, I get this vibe from the Hip-Hop DJ community that you are content with mediocrity. That you see any advancement of Technology beyond what you think is appropriate.....mixing, scratching, etc.., as heresy to "true" DJing! God forbid a DJ want to focus on just mixing tunes, and building a vibe....NO, if he/she isn't mixing video, and scratching like a turntablist, they aren't "keeping it real"......haha, whatever!!"

He drunk

fixed lol
echa1945mf 7:42 PM - 22 November, 2012
man this is good !
Dj-M.Bezzle 7:47 PM - 22 November, 2012
Quote:

Ima start usin that one
sixxx 8:33 PM - 22 November, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
I was a punk, and irrational. I'm actually laughing at myself right now.

Ima start usin that one

Fixed

Hahaha
Mr. Goodkat 5:32 AM - 23 November, 2012
Quote:
I could retort all of your comments, Shamann, but honestly, I just don't feel like it. Despite writing all that shit whilst being piss-ass-drunk, I still stand behind what was written.

you too have learned its pointless to argue with dude.
Dj Shamann 7:47 AM - 23 November, 2012
Quote:

LOL

Quote:

LOL And who are you again? Profile check... nothing.

Nah, I think most people after a having a few know not everything is as serious as it seemed at the time, so they laugh and shrug it off rather than starting another day on left over bullshit. I don't think I've ever had a run in with BA before but out of any conversation this is definitely not one for either of us to hold a grudge over. You on the other hand, seem to be still carrying feelings over from another time and place LOL. I don't know what to tell you dude.

I've gotten into heavier debates than this one and still walked away shaking hands, for some reason I get to you personally though and that's kind of weird.
O.B.1 8:58 AM - 23 November, 2012
that traktor is saying "thath's far enouth dee-thay tech toolth!" between gagging...

(oops sorry, I thought this was kind of like the "you DJ so bad" thread where you add to the original subject heading).
blackavenger 9:32 AM - 23 November, 2012
Quote:
I've gotten into heavier debates than this one and still walked away shaking hands, for some reason I get to you personally though and that's kind of weird.

No, not really. I just didn't feel like continuing a debate/conversation that began under such dubious circumstances. I'm all good, if you are...LOL!

As I said, I was drunk...haha.
Dj Shamann 9:57 AM - 23 November, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

No, not really. I just didn't feel like continuing a debate/conversation that began under such dubious circumstances. I'm all good, if you are...LOL!

As I said, I was drunk...haha.

LOL nah not you BA, it's all good over here. I was talking about the other guy.
SeriousCyrus 12:54 PM - 23 November, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

youtu.be

Um, I can do that and more with SSL / ME / QTZ

+1, a lot of those visuals are actually quite simple. With SL and ME you can get even more info from the track playing, like position, velocity, clean eq, track names, bpms, and current beat, many vj apps only have the audio to work with.
Niro 8:05 PM - 23 November, 2012
I didin't want to get into it here. But there are a lot of major benefits you get by controlling your own visuals. Video sync with the actual video, people get pretty hyped about seeing their favorite artist singing the song...etc. I edit a majority of my own videos, so I use a combination of visuals and the original video. The thing I've noticed about VJ is the visuals they use sometimes gets really stale and repetitive.
Dj JesC 8:45 PM - 23 November, 2012
just read the article, I dont see any bashing and what not. i think the OP is just trolling trying to start ish between on the forums.
the_black_one 9:56 PM - 23 November, 2012
Quote:
just read the article, I dont see any bashing and what not. i think the OP is just trolling trying to start ish between on the forums.

i call it like a see it. TECHTOOLS is in bed with NI.
Mr. Goodkat 10:07 PM - 23 November, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

LOL

Quote:

LOL And who are you again? Profile check... nothing.

Nah, I think most people after a having a few know not everything is as serious as it seemed at the time, so they laugh and shrug it off rather than starting another day on left over bullshit. I don't think I've ever had a run in with BA before but out of any conversation this is definitely not one for either of us to hold a grudge over. You on the other hand, seem to be still carrying feelings over from another time and place LOL. I don't know what to tell you dude.

i will never be the one dj to rule them all. or the one dj to even say some dumb shit like that. you are the best and im sorry i offended you.

back to the thread
Futuretek 4:05 AM - 27 February, 2013
Quote:

Been asking for that one for years... I still do love Serato but they're getting their asses handed to them in terms of advancement..seems like NI read our suggestions more than Serato.
blackavenger 4:45 AM - 27 February, 2013
Quote:
seems like NI read our suggestions more than Serato.

it does appear that way, doesn't it?
AKIEM 6:01 AM - 27 February, 2013
kinda
Mr. Goodkat 6:04 AM - 27 February, 2013
traktor is yet to address ssls lack of midi out
AKIEM 6:07 AM - 27 February, 2013
ha
Dj-M.Bezzle 10:22 AM - 27 February, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

ITS A TRAP
DJ DisGrace 12:10 PM - 27 February, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

ITS A TRAP

No gif? getting lazy Bezzle.....

24.media.tumblr.com
Dj-M.Bezzle 12:38 PM - 27 February, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

ITS A TRAP

24.media.tumblr.com

LOL
DJ DisGrace 12:46 PM - 27 February, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

ITS A TRAP

24.media.tumblr.com

LOL

I'm willing to bet I spend more time in front of computer than all you dudes. Alt+tab allll day....
Dj-M.Bezzle 1:05 PM - 27 February, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

ITS A TRAP

24.media.tumblr.com

LOL

I'm willing to bet I spend more time in front of computer than all you dudes. Alt+tab allll day....

Do phones count
DJ Quartz 3:55 PM - 27 February, 2013
Video is important depending on what you're doing. I was spinning last night and because I had visuals and information I could see people checking it out.

The place where I was at has four tv's surround the dance floor area and projectors available as well.

It makes a difference for sure.
Joshua Carl 8:16 PM - 27 February, 2013
some people like juggling 3 balls on their corner, they make a fine living doing it and are happy in their own world, look how many 3 ball jugglers there are? they are everywhere!

I prefer 5 balls, and if i get a chance I like to light them on fire.
doesen't mean my 3 ball juggling ability suffers or anything...matter of fact my 3 ball juggling ability has to be even more on point to avoid scrutiny from people who dont know anything about advanced juggling and just see the fire in the air.
jprime 9:13 PM - 27 February, 2013
Quote:
some people like juggling 3 balls on their corner, they make a fine living doing it and are happy in their own world, look how many 3 ball jugglers there are? they are everywhere!

I prefer 5 balls, and if i get a chance I like to light them on fire.
doesen't mean my 3 ball juggling ability suffers or anything...matter of fact my 3 ball juggling ability has to be even more on point to avoid scrutiny from people who dont know anything about advanced juggling and just see the fire in the air.

awesome. Love it :)
Dj JesC 9:41 PM - 27 February, 2013
semi-necro post?
Joshua Carl 7:38 PM - 1 March, 2013
theres another video with Ean thats a bit more in depth, and less flashy for those interested
(ehemmm serato devs)

Watchwww.youtube.com