DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Rane hardware as an audio interface for Ableton Live

monchi 6:56 AM - 16 November, 2012
Can I use my Rane 62 as an audio interfacce for Ableton Live when not using the Bridge? This is only possible if there's a standalone ASIO or CoreAudio driver available for your Rane hardware.
I found this in the search box, and I did not see the 62 on the list, only the 57sl,68 and mp4, so therefore it is not possible for me to use it?
Thanks
Xfade 9:26 AM - 17 November, 2012
It is possible, the drivers should install together with the Scratch Live drivers :)
Dj Nyce 12:06 PM - 17 November, 2012
you can use the 62 as in interface for ableton live. some of the limitations:

you can only use the 62 as an audio interface if serato is not running (on the same computer)

if you are not using the bridge, you can not use the 62 as an audio interface whilst serato is running (on the same computer)

you can use the 62 as an audio interface with ableton and use serato if serato and ableton is on 2 computers and you use both usb's.
monchi 3:04 PM - 17 November, 2012
Nyce thank you. Do you use the Bridge, if so do you use Bridge or Bridge 2.0? Thanks again
Dj Nyce 4:46 PM - 17 November, 2012
i've dabbled in the bridge. i keep trying and trying to use it but it just seems forced to integrate with serato for a live performance. i tried traktor's remix decks and it just worked.

i've also tried bridge/bridge 2.0. when i do use the bridge, i use it the normal way.
monchi 6:28 PM - 17 November, 2012
When you say use, do you use it with the 62 or 57sl?Thanks again Nyce.
Dj Nyce 9:17 PM - 17 November, 2012
62 all the way. i'm so grateful there was an upgrade option from the 57.