Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Losing its exclusive partnership with Serato???this guy for reals ?

jruins99 6:14 AM - 16 November, 2012
www.facebook.com
i found this on some dudes facebook

*DJ News...After many years, Rane is losing its exclusive partnership with Serato when their contract is up. Pioneer to be taking over. Do to the popularity and emergence of multi hardware platform Traktor, Serato is to revamp to make its platform more competitive. Interesting!! oct 27

is it true ?
dj_eddie_gr 7:35 AM - 16 November, 2012
This could be interesting... :)
Asu 2:01 PM - 16 November, 2012
If this is true...this would be good for us consumers...technically speaking, Serato would would stand to make Millions if that partnership ended.

Rane makes good hardware but this is limiting to Serato...Serato would make tons of money like Traktor by certifying a whole bunch of mixers/cdjs/controllers and the like...plus making money on big software updates.

Lets face it...the reason updates are slow on Serato is because the software is free so far and the one mixer you buy lasts for quite sometime....so it's obvious there's not enough for R&D to continously update the software as Traktor does and Mix Emergency.

So this is great for us users and Serato but means more competition for Rane if the platform is opened up...

I'm all for this happening...for those who think otherwise...look at what serato DJ alone has done saleswise? people are going crazy over the DDJ-SX and serato DJ and some of us just switched from traktor
XRM5 2:29 PM - 16 November, 2012
I feel like these rumors were around a year ago or something, like they keep coming back?

Change is good though.
Dj cuervo 10:13 PM - 16 November, 2012
This means one software for all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
jruins99 10:47 PM - 16 November, 2012
only if pioneer made an updated 909 with serato (traktor with video. they make both models so you can pick)in it ...the cue points could be on the screen ..must be USER replaceable and video preview in the screen. usb 3.0 and 2 usb ports. maybe even an ipad link. controllers are cool but for the same price you can get 2 used technics.... see it now....heaven!
phatbob 10:58 PM - 16 November, 2012
Here's how this went:

Pioneer sales rep overstates/misunderstands the new relationship between Pioneer & Serato.

He tells an eager DJ, who overstates/misunderstands even more in a post on Facebook.

Someone posts the facebook link to the Serato forum.

People proceed to get excited over NOTHING.

Move along people.
jruins99 11:53 PM - 16 November, 2012
Quote:
Here's how this went:

Pioneer sales rep overstates/misunderstands the new relationship between Pioneer & Serato.

He tells an eager DJ, who overstates/misunderstands even more in a post on Facebook.

Move along people.

yeah that could be true too
haze324 12:45 AM - 17 November, 2012
This is a bunch of bullshit. When they released the 62, at the release Serato made mention, not sure if it was to them extending their contract or simply stating that the relationship between the two companies was set to continue together for many more years. Remember the lates Rane/Serato products are not badged with SSL. Rane is part of the package and Pioneer keeps pumping out Traktor ready products.
LJ_WOOLSEY 11:19 AM - 17 November, 2012
Its been a great 8years with Rane and heres to another 8! I think is what was said when the 62 dropped!
nik39 12:31 PM - 17 November, 2012
Quote:
Its been a great 8years with Rane and heres to another 8! I think is what was said when the 62 dropped!

Yup, the video should be on YouTube
Ricochet48 7:47 PM - 17 November, 2012
Maybe the DDJ-SX will get some timecode love then?!
jruins99 10:12 PM - 17 November, 2012
Quote:

now that's an idea , I been wanting a hybrid set up. just in case i wanted to bring tables .
DJdaveZ 10:34 PM - 17 November, 2012
sx mixer is a mixer too... you can run your ssl box through channels 2 and 3 or 1 and 4 and use both ssl and dj.
pdidy 6:09 AM - 23 November, 2012
Quote:
Here's how this went:

Move along people.

^^^^this
Move along people, nothing to see here.......
jruins99 3:15 AM - 5 September, 2013
SO I WAS RIGHT SO EVERYONE THAT HATED ON ME CAN su--->>>BUY the new gear
Asu 3:43 AM - 5 September, 2013
yup we were right...now Pioneer is in the game...meaning better prices maybe for the mixers :-) and one software for the controllers or control vynl/CDJs...this is great news...one software to rule them all Muhahahahahaha
jruins99 4:22 AM - 5 September, 2013
Thanks bro. The next issue is the price of the mixers

Quote:

!!pioneer can win the race if they made the crossfader good enough for the battle djs like me !!i also called the ipad remote as well .look at my post
maybe pioneer and innofader should team up.
maybe traktor certificated rane mixers???
traktor with video would cool too.
Asu 7:31 PM - 7 September, 2013
Quote:
Thanks bro. The next issue is the price of the mixers

Quote:

!!pioneer can win the race if they made the crossfader good enough for the battle djs like me !!i also called the ipad remote as well .look at my post
maybe pioneer and innofader should team up.
maybe traktor certificated rane mixers???
traktor with video would cool too.

Mixers are $2,199 for Rane 64,$2,299 for the Pioneer

Thought the SX X-Fader is user replaceable?? you can throw in something of your choice if so
Asu 7:33 PM - 7 September, 2013
Plus the Rane has 2 usb in the back unlike the pio...Rane is gonna have the advantage via club Installs...cause it'll be much easier to switch for DJs :-)
KC1 1:33 AM - 6 March, 2020
Pretty sure this was a 10 year deal so is up in 2 years.
popnwave 4:28 PM - 6 March, 2020
Yeah, same random guy on Facebook claims something with -no- support, must be true!
KC1 4:51 PM - 6 March, 2020
Quote:
Yeah, same random guy on Facebook claims something with -no- support, must be true!

It was true, Pioneer did make a deal with Serato to make hardware for serato. Where you been since 2012?

Quote:
SO I WAS RIGHT SO EVERYONE THAT HATED ON ME CAN su--->>>BUY the new gear

He was right and called it before it happened.

Question is how long is left .. I remember back then the rumour was a 10-year plan.
popnwave 6:06 PM - 6 March, 2020
Quote:
It was true, Pioneer did make a deal with Serato to make hardware for serato. Where you been since 2012?

I've been using Serato since 08 - and yes they started making USB soundcard devices that work with SDJ, everyone was at that point. I used to use my DJM-800 with SSL as a midi device prior to that as well. It wasn't some watershed moment.

What about the Rane claim, they certainly never jumped in bed with anyone else, though some software was able to make their stuff work with the mixers.
KC1 6:45 PM - 6 March, 2020
Quote:
Quote:

I've been using Serato since 08 - and yes they started making USB soundcard devices that work with SDJ, everyone was at that point. I used to use my DJM-800 with SSL as a midi device prior to that as well. It wasn't some watershed moment.

What about the Rane claim, they certainly never jumped in bed with anyone else, though some software was able to make their stuff work with the mixers.

Fact still is it was true. So there was no need for the sarcasm reply pal.

What we should be discussing is the future of serato and the hardware for it. Not how big your serato integrity penis is '08.
popnwave 8:57 PM - 6 March, 2020
Quote:
What we should be discussing is the future of serato and the hardware for it. Not how big your serato integrity penis is '08.

You asked where I had been, I replied with I had been here since before that agreement.

But you've got it all figured out - and there are crickets in response so keep tooting your own horn, oh great oracle. Or maybe just ask that guy who had the "rep" 8 years ago if he knows anything new.
KC1 9:34 PM - 6 March, 2020
Or maybe you're just ignoring the fact this existed and you still chose to ignore what was true to fit your derivative and serato 08 ego ..
popnwave 9:44 PM - 6 March, 2020
LOL ok man. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
KC1 9:47 PM - 6 March, 2020
Quote:

Quote:
LOL ok man. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Yup. OK man.
deejdave 3:19 AM - 7 March, 2020
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Fact still is it was true. So there was no need for the sarcasm reply pal.

This was not true. He used the word exclusive and nothing about Pioneer & Serato's relationship was exclusive. Furthermore Rane is still just ONE of Serato's partners as is Pioneer, as is Denon etc. they pretty much ALL have partnerships with Serato with the exception of N.I. because.........
Quote:
Plus the Rane has 2 usb in the back unlike the pio...Rane is gonna have the advantage via club Installs...cause it'll be much easier to switch for DJs :-)

This one was funny too though..........
Quote:
Pretty sure this was a 10 year deal so is up in 2 years.

The deal was made with Rane. Rane as a parent company no longer even exists. The new partnership exists between InMusic and Serato not Rane and I highly doubt there is an expiration of any kind........
KC1 1:27 PM - 7 March, 2020
Pioneer still made a deal to release hardware for serato. That was true ..
deejdave 10:46 PM - 7 March, 2020
Almost EVERY DJ gear manufacturer made a deal with Serato. You don't get native Serato support without a deal. This just means Pioneer made DJ gear that is all. The OP did not make a claim they would make HW for Serato. They made a claim they would be taking over for Rane as exclusive partner. Rane is still making HW for Serato AND Pioneer has no exclusive partnership with Serato............. both parts are false.
KC1 11:01 PM - 7 March, 2020
Quote:
Almost EVERY DJ gear manufacturer made a deal with Serato. You don't get native Serato support without a deal. This just means Pioneer made DJ gear that is all. The OP did not make a claim they would make HW for Serato. They made a claim they would be taking over for Rane as exclusive partner. Rane is still making HW for Serato AND Pioneer has no exclusive partnership with Serato............. both parts are false.

Word it however you want. Pioneer DJ made a deal to make hardware that supports serato and brands the serato logo and that been on going since 2012 when Rane lost all exclusivity.
deejdave 11:50 PM - 7 March, 2020
Wording is EVERYTHING after all so I think we should perhaps just repeat what was actually said. Lets word it this way ...........

Quote:
After many years, Rane is losing its exclusive partnership with Serato when their contract is up. Pioneer to be taking over.

Never happened. The only part that happened was Rane lost exclusivity but this was publicly known prior to.......
Quote:
Pioneer to be taking over.

Never happened. They were merely ONE player in the sea of many....... If you choose to think they (who have their OWN software) are Serato's exclusive partner that is on you but you would be missing out on a whole range of great gear.
KC1 12:05 AM - 8 March, 2020
Quote:
Wording is EVERYTHING after all so I think we should perhaps just repeat what was actually said. Lets word it this way ...........

Quote:
After many years, Rane is losing its exclusive partnership with Serato when their contract is up. Pioneer to be taking over.

Never happened. The only part that happened was Rane lost exclusivity but this was publicly known prior to.......
Quote:
Pioneer to be taking over.

Never happened. They were merely ONE player in the sea of many....... If you choose to think they (who have their OWN software) are Serato's exclusive partner that is on you but you would be missing out on a whole range of great gear.

and???????????????????

Listen and read one more time - Pioneer DJ made a deal to make hardware that supports serato and brands the serato logo and that has been on going since 2012 when Rane lost all exclusivity.

What he said word for word perhaps not - but what I am pointing above out are the facts.

I'm not claiming anything was exclusive other than the deal with Rane and Serato finishing once Pioneer made a deal to start releasing serato branded and compatible hardware.

Stop adding extras on to a pointless argument. The fact is once Ranes deal ended Pioneers began regardless of if it was the same exclusive deal it was still a deal to release pioneer hardware.
deejdave 12:26 AM - 8 March, 2020
The Pioneer DDJ-SX was released in October of 2012. This was posted in November of 2012. You are claiming that the OP made a prediction a month after the SX was released?!?!? Usually PREdictions happen before the event one is predicting. I'm assuming this doesn't matter either?

As I said what he was actually predicting was that Pioneer would become the exclusive partner of Serato............
popnwave 1:05 AM - 8 March, 2020
deejdave - wasting your breath man...
metroplex2005 1:11 AM - 8 March, 2020
Don’t feed the troll...
KC1 2:05 AM - 8 March, 2020
Quote:
Don’t feed the troll...

Troll?

so you are saying there was no deal WHAT SO EVER for Pioneer DJ to release hardware for serato.

Clearly they was in October 2012 so how is that trollin'

Quote:
Pioneer DDJ-SX was released in October of 2012.

and? the facebook post was October not November. Again you are taking what the op has said and NOT ME.

I am pointing out the f**king obvious which you are all ignoring and that is that once Ranes deal with serato ended, Pioneer made a deal to release hardware - how do you not understand that.

Do you somehow think that when the Rane deal ended that Pioneer just suddenly released hardware for serato branding the serato logo without any prior deal being made?

How are you all missing that ..
KC1 2:27 AM - 8 March, 2020
In 2013 Serato launched Serato DJ - the evolution to Serato Scratch Live and ITCH - in conjunction with the Pioneer DJ DDJ-SX. This was Serato’s first step to an unified piece of software across the whole product range and introduced a new interface to Serato users.

serato.com
deejdave 1:31 PM - 8 March, 2020
Well can't say I didn't try. This is a special one indeed. Good luck with him guys. No longer tracking......
KC1 2:26 PM - 8 March, 2020
Quote:
Well can't say I didn't try. This is a special one indeed. Good luck with him guys. No longer tracking......

Because you know you was wrong and just kept missing the whole f**king point. I never claimed any deal with Pioneer was a take over of exclusivity from Rane yet you kept quoting a post I did not make. Your whole argument in this thread from the start was pointless and missing any point I made.