Serato Software Feature Suggestions

What features would you like to see in Serato software?

Cue Point Protection!!

DJTommyP 7:42 PM - 13 November, 2012
There should be an option to lock the cue points in case of accidental triggering.

Possible solutions: Hold pad for two seconds and set cue. (similar to setting a car radio preset) Flash pad a few times to know its set.

or Hold Shift and pad to set. (but this can be difficult to do while holding platter)

Prevents idiots from going up to your stuff and saying "oh look at those pretty buttons" and you later having to figure out which ones to delete!
XRM5 2:31 AM - 15 November, 2012
Could be lockable like beat grids.

+1
fatdjsin 3:55 AM - 15 November, 2012
i want something like this ... it's really easy to add unwanted cues ! !!!!

+1
Shumi 2:23 PM - 16 November, 2012

Personally, I like to set cue points on the fly, without stopping the track, while using one hand. But thats just my opinion :)
Marv Incredible 11:33 PM - 16 November, 2012
I have long wanted to be able to lock/protect the cues.

Not least because I have other people using my setup and do not want them accidentally setting cue points when hitting pads and buttons such as the dicer. This isn't really a problem when all cue points are already set but it's still enough of a problem to warrant a post about it.

I honestly can't see why the 'protect library' feature doesn't protect the library more. I want cue points prevented from being set, deleted or moved around while the library is protected. Surely this wouldn't be difficult to do?

To my mind, protect library is another of those unfinished features that was introduced but never really implemented properly and I'm sure would be the best solution to the problem mentioned in this thread. The way I see it, everyone would be happy. I'm speaking SSL here but it also applies to other Serato software.
[O/][iii][O/] 8:10 AM - 18 November, 2012
Yes! +1 on option to lock empty cues on controller.
MeltedX 10:56 PM - 20 November, 2012
+1
After about a week of using the DDJ-SX, my tracks are getting chock full of accidental hot cue points. Shift + Pad to set cue point please, I will be okay with hitting play/pause to set my hot cues, but you would still be able to set them on the fly as well.
Gilbz 12:27 PM - 30 November, 2012
+1
DJTommyP 5:14 PM - 1 December, 2012
Quote:

Personally, I like to set cue points on the fly, without stopping the track, while using one hand. But thats just my opinion :)

@Shumi

It would be an Option so you could lock the Hot Cues when you wanted. Then take if off if you preferred to set them on the fly.

Holding the cue button for a 2 count would be sweet since you can have your hand on the platter and other on the pad at the same time without having to hit shift.
Shumi 8:40 PM - 1 December, 2012
Quote:
It would be an Option so you could lock the Hot Cues when you wanted. Then take if off if you preferred to set them on the fly.

Having that as an option wouldn't be a problem for me, of course :)

Quote:
Holding the cue button for a 2 count would be sweet since you can have your hand on the platter and other on the pad at the same time without having to hit shift.

Wouldn't it be easier to hold down the HOT CUE button while setting the hot cues? You could still do this with one hand, timing would be accurate, and it would be kind of on the fly, too.

Cheers
DJ Oxygenn 3:33 PM - 2 December, 2012
+1
I would an option to lock empty cues on controller.
DJSK1978 6:37 PM - 11 December, 2012
+1 I don't understand why this isn't an option.
WhattaMac 10:20 AM - 16 April, 2013
Yup, a "lock cues" function is needed!! But just make it easy to switch on/off tho!!
[O/][iii][O/] 10:20 PM - 16 April, 2013
Wish I had a nickel for every accidental cue that's been set and then needed to be deleted during sets on the DDJ-SX.

LOCK OPTION!!!!

Also needed: SORT CUES CHRONOLOGICALLY OPTION
Marv Incredible 1:55 AM - 17 April, 2013
Quote:

Man, that still isn't fixed yet? :( smh
[O/][iii][O/] 12:09 PM - 17 April, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

Man, that still isn't fixed yet? :( smh

Negative Ghostrider.
tobias.jungnickel 7:46 AM - 18 April, 2013
+1
[O/][iii][O/] 10:18 PM - 15 May, 2013
Any word on this Serato?
vboyd666 9:47 PM - 23 May, 2013
+1
Musiat 7:02 PM - 9 June, 2013
+1
Mister Mac 5:45 PM - 27 November, 2013
+1
TriplThreat 12:10 AM - 29 December, 2016
Cue Point protection? Sounds like contraception. I'd like to protect my cue points from unnecessary philandering. Where in the cue is this Serato? Can you tell us it's priority?

Thank you in advance. (:
Jamal B 1:25 AM - 22 January, 2017
+1

My 9-year-old loves to play with my setup and I've love a global lock mode of some kind to make sure that she can experiment without messing with my cues etc.
Marv Incredible 4:46 PM - 23 January, 2017
Come on guys, this is so basic. We shouldn't even have to ask for it really.
vjMeely 5:41 PM - 23 January, 2017
Let see, this was suggested since the year 2012. You think Serato devs are really listening? This forum should be renamed to "The Dream Forum".