Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Has anyone mapped the DDJ-SX with Scratch Live yet?

Dokumentary 7:01 AM - 9 November, 2012
I currently use a Numark NS6 with SSL and Mixemergency. I'm using 2 Technics and an SL4 and sometimes a Denon DN-HC100s. I have MIDI mapped the NS6 and the Denon for pretty much every function of SSL and some of the major functions of ME. I have even mapped the transport controls for Internal mode. I can't think of any reason why this wouldn't be possible with the DDJ-SX. There is a post in another thread that mentions something about the MIDI being a little different on the SX though. serato.com So I'm wondering, does anyone else use a setup like this? Has anyone tried it out on the Pioneer? And yes, I do know that the platters won't work and I know that you still need an SL box. Like i said, this is my everyday setup so I'm aware of the limitations.
Asu 6:00 PM - 4 December, 2012
it's been mapped for traktor...don't know about scratch live?...why not just use it with serato dj? and midi map Mix emergency and you're done...
Rebelguy 6:08 PM - 4 December, 2012
Quote:
why not just use it with serato dj? and midi map Mix emergency and you're done...

+1
antlover 6:22 PM - 4 December, 2012
but than Dokumentary can't use it 2 Technics in his setup, only via input of the mixer, but not to control it via Serato
Asu 6:36 PM - 4 December, 2012
Quote:
but than Dokumentary can't use it 2 Technics in his setup, only via input of the mixer, but not to control it via Serato

i'm sure technically it can be done but maybe they've locked it so as to push Serato DJ...i'd just save my self the headache and either use SSL the way you were beofre or use DDJ-SX & do the ME hack which alot of people have done already,sometimes i think we "want" everything but the truth is we don't "Need" it all...my 2 cents
Frank Spinatra 1:29 AM - 5 December, 2012
Quote:
sometimes i think we "want" everything but the truth is we don't "Need" it all...my 2 cents

+1

But the inner geek in us likes to midi hack everything!
Qoolee Kid 8:08 PM - 7 December, 2012
It was made for SDJ. I can understand if you want to use SSL because you use ME, but there's a hack to use the SX/SDJ with ME. Basically tricking ME into you're running SSL but you're really using SDJ.
Qoolee Kid 8:10 PM - 7 December, 2012
EDIT ** Tricking ME into thinking you're running SSL**
Dokumentary 7:41 AM - 18 December, 2012
Not sure if I'm ready to give up the turntables just yet. I have been using Itch with the ME hack a little bit but it's not the same. I've been on turntables for over 12 years but as you can tell from my original post, I'm not exactly a purist. If they made a 4 channel controller with 2 motorized platters (9" or 10"), I would leave the tables at home for every gig. NAMM is around the corner. Hopefully someone will come up with one for Serato DJ that doesn't weigh a hundred pounds. Or maybe Serato will merge DJ and SSL before "Spring 2013" so I can keep the NS6. Come on Serato... why won't you implement all the features that I want and do it immediately to please me! haha...
WarpNote 10:05 AM - 18 December, 2012
Basically its been around for a while.... usa.d-mpro.com
Qoolee Kid 5:55 PM - 22 December, 2012
Yup... eventually I'll be using these for my mobiles. Best of both worlds.