Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Window 8 update???

DJ KOOLGUY 12:38 AM - 9 November, 2012
When are you guy's make Serato compatible with windows 8? Please let me know I don't have windows 7 any more kinda hard to dj with out that Thanks...
CalVic 6:52 AM - 9 November, 2012
Serato DJ works just fine under Windows 8 :)
DJ KOOLGUY 5:48 PM - 15 November, 2012
Thank You CalVic have to look into that..
DJ KOOLGUY 7:56 PM - 15 November, 2012
nope serato dj does not work with my ranesl2 and my turntable's is there going to be a update soon for those who use serato live
D-Twizzle 10:58 PM - 15 November, 2012
you're sl2 and turntables should only use scratch live.

serato dj is for controllers.
DJ KOOLGUY 12:38 AM - 16 November, 2012
right but the Q i've been asking is I have windows 8 not 7 anymore I only have one laptop I deejay off of I use a rane sl2 and turnable's but serato live is not working because im assuming that windows 8 in not compatible with windows 8 but is there an update soon for all user's
CalVic 7:38 AM - 16 November, 2012
I don't know about SL2, Since I use Serato DJ, and I can confirm that Serato DJ and the DDJ-SX works flawlessly with Windows 8.

I assume because SL2 and SSL is older hardware and software it isn't compatible with Windows 8 just yet. However Serato should be working on getting it compatible.
Asu 1:47 PM - 16 November, 2012
Quote:
right but the Q i've been asking is I have windows 8 not 7 anymore I only have one laptop I deejay off of I use a rane sl2 and turnable's but serato live is not working because im assuming that windows 8 in not compatible with windows 8 but is there an update soon for all user's

install serato and run it under windows 7 conditions (compatibility mode) in windows 8...
Rhodesy 2:42 PM - 16 November, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

install serato and run it under windows 7 conditions (compatibility mode) in windows 8...

i tried and tested this last night on the vci 300 2.2.2 Itch i think cant remember! But it bombed out on me like 10 imes and run really really bad!! Its 100% not stable on windows 8 yet i wouldnt advise using it to play out if thats what you have in mind
Asu 2:47 PM - 16 November, 2012
[Quote]i tried and tested this last night on the vci 300 2.2.2 Itch i think cant remember! But it bombed out on me like 10 imes and run really really bad!! Its 100% not stable on windows 8 yet i wouldnt advise using it to play out if thats what you have in mind[/Quote]

yeah i guess he should do a dual boot system just to be safe...that way he can choose windows 7 or 8...i know serato is still testing for stability on windows 8
djemdub 10:28 PM - 16 November, 2012
At first, I was getting super high latency on Windows 8 and I would get a really bad spike and it will force the audio to drop out, crack, pop, distort and freeze up. After a few optimization things, I got itch to run better than it did with win7
DJ KOOLGUY 8:50 PM - 19 February, 2014
would anyone know why my dicers would not work for serato dj I run on windows 7 pc help anyone?
Asu 10:06 PM - 19 February, 2014
Quote:
would anyone know why my dicers would not work for serato dj I run on windows 7 pc help anyone?

install the necesary software for them and map them to Serato
DJ KOOLGUY 1:34 AM - 20 February, 2014
Ok but from where..?? plz
Asu 1:37 AM - 20 February, 2014
manufacturer has all the info...look it up
DJ KOOLGUY 1:43 AM - 20 February, 2014
yea I looked that up none of them apply to me is there any other way I can get my dicers to work with serato dj?
DJ KOOLGUY 1:49 AM - 20 February, 2014
Dicers work in internal mode but not ABS MODE???HELP...
DJ KOOLGUY 1:51 AM - 20 February, 2014
GOT IT TO WORK THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME REALLY :)
Asu 2:32 AM - 20 February, 2014
Quote:
GOT IT TO WORK THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME REALLY :)

great