Serato Software Feature Suggestions

What features would you like to see in Serato software?

Denon Mc 6000 support

DJ Angel Suave Ortiz 8:41 PM - 8 November, 2012
As an owner of the Denon mc6000 Its very upsetting that both denon and serato have not answered the request of native support for any of serato software thus far. Serato DJ supports the denon 2000. Very similar setup. Please explain In better detail than just "no". Many denon 6000 users have asked for support and both companies seem to not care on providing a logical explanation.
DJ Unique 10:10 PM - 8 November, 2012
Both Serato and Denon agreed on this a long time ago.
Don't know why?
nestordj 8:27 PM - 10 November, 2012
This would be very nice!!! +1 but come on serato how much of a difference is the mc2000 vs mc6000? That you can use as a mixer??? The best control I have an I use it with SL, an can say almost as the ddj-sx
DJRICO777 8:22 PM - 11 November, 2012
+1. This would be beautiful!
phatbob 9:01 PM - 11 November, 2012
Quote:
how much of a difference is the mc2000 vs mc6000?

The difference is that Denon chose to licence Serato software for the MC2000, and they chose not to licence Serato software for the MC6000.

Denon's decision.

Not Serato's.

Simple.
DJ Angel Suave Ortiz 4:12 PM - 5 December, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
how much of a difference is the mc2000 vs mc6000?

The difference is that Denon chose to licence Serato software for the MC2000, and they chose not to licence Serato software for the MC6000.

Denon's decision.

Not Serato's.

Simple.

@phatbob you are probably 100% correct on this but that is not the end users concern at this time. My concern is why haven't both companies by now addressed and resolved this request by now. There's a simple solution now and everyone wins. Charge $199 for MC 6000 users to use Serato DJ and provide a cut of that to denon for licensing. There are absolutely no hardware or software limitations to making this happen. It's a classic example of 2 companies not working with each other which ends up in a unhappy customer. Companies always forget who their boss is "the customer"!
phatbob 10:43 PM - 5 December, 2012
But why would you ever possibly imagine the two would be compatible? Nobody EVER told you they would.

It's like buying an Android phone and complaining that iPhone apps don't work on it. You bought hardware which works with select software. That was your decision.
DJ Angel Suave Ortiz 5:01 AM - 6 December, 2012
Quote:
But why would you ever possibly imagine the two would be compatible? Nobody EVER told you they would.

It's like buying an Android phone and complaining that iPhone apps don't work on it. You bought hardware which works with select software. That was your decision.

Yes it was my decision. For the simple fact that this was hands down the best controller in the market at the time. Yes Denon did state that it came preloaded with VDJ or Traktor but that it would work with any of your favorite DJ software. At the time I owned a Denon 4500 which was and still is Serato native so my assumption was that eventually the same would hold true for the 6000. Then Serato launches DJ and support for the Mc2000. So to use your comparison I bought an iPhone 4 loved a certain app then I buy a iPhone 4S and the app developer simply says no we dont support that app on that model but if you buy an iphone 5 we will. I didn't buy an android I bought an iPhone in this case meaning a Denon. You support Denon so where's the app?? Read the post man 800+ comments cant be wrong. serato.com
dj point 7:24 AM - 11 December, 2012
Quote:
As an owner of the Denon mc6000 Its very upsetting that both denon and serato have not answered the request of native support for any of serato software thus far. Serato DJ supports the denon 2000. Very similar setup. Please explain In better detail than just "no". Many denon 6000 users have asked for support and both companies seem to not care on providing a logical explanation.

+1
DJ Angel Suave Ortiz 3:39 AM - 15 July, 2013
Thank you Serato!! Finally LED Midi support for the MC6000!
2.5 Already installed and working like a charm.