Serato Software Feature Suggestions

What features would you like to see in Serato software?

Ability to save FX parameter setting changes for each effect

DJ Nachi 12:59 AM - 7 November, 2012
Ability to save FX parameter settings changes for each effect.
Possibly by having this save feature tied to the action of depressing the "FX Mode" knob since no action is currently tied to this knob being depressed.
DJ Dub Cowboy 10:19 AM - 28 February, 2013
I like the effects to at least stay where I left them when switching back and forth in the same session.

As it is now, each time an effect is selected all the parameters return to the default.

I want my Delay to stay the same every time I select it.

I want my flanger to stay the same every time I select it, etc.
Down 10:15 PM - 28 February, 2013
Quote:
I like the effects to at least stay where I left them when switching back and forth in the same session.

As it is now, each time an effect is selected all the parameters return to the default.

I want my Delay to stay the same every time I select it.

I want my flanger to stay the same every time I select it, etc.

Absolutely. At least then I could set them up in advance and be able to use them with confidence. It's really a shame we cannot monitor the effect before going loud with them too.
BleepCore 4:24 PM - 1 May, 2013
+1

I have very specific settings I like to use and I have to change them EVERY time I switch FX. This was a little easier in Itch (still annoying to change parameters back to what I need every time I switch between FX), as the most important thing to me is setting my filter resonance *way* lower than default. In SDJ the only way I've found to change filter resonance is click-dragging the knob on-screen.

Besides the FX keeping their settings, I'd like the last FX I used to come up when I restart SDJ. If I had been using HPF, it would be lovely to have that come up by default when I restart.
LJ_WOOLSEY 5:27 PM - 1 May, 2013
+1
acemc 10:31 PM - 11 May, 2013
+1
Flippz 8:59 AM - 12 May, 2013
Quote:
It's really a shame we cannot monitor the effect before going loud with them too.

Certainly, this is for me also quite an important point!
Pete Input 9:38 AM - 12 May, 2013
+1
Lide 8:01 PM - 17 April, 2014
+1
FighteRanger 2:13 AM - 18 April, 2014
Bump & +1!!!
KmanSanders 11:04 PM - 3 October, 2014
+1
Klay Pigeon 10:56 PM - 25 November, 2014
ABSOLUTELY!

AND...how about being able to change an fx parameters in single fx mode, and those parameters staying when you switch to multi fx mode and select the same fx? So you have up to 6 custom fx at your finger tips rather than default settings? The pushing on the beats nob is absolutely the way to go on the ddjsx...
DJwhizkid 11:37 PM - 25 November, 2014
effects stay as we leave em - basic
monitor the effects - fundamental.

+1
Mike Czech 8:14 PM - 19 March, 2015
I use Dicers, and having to go back each time I open SDJ and reset the wet/dry parameters is irritating. SSL kept them in place. SDJ doesn't. Please fix.
Playabeatz 9:23 AM - 20 March, 2015
+1
Justin James 10:59 PM - 30 July, 2015
so I toggle in to single FX mode have a dance, toggle out then back in & it doesn't save my settings!! c'mon now..

+1
Simon Love Carter 6:57 AM - 31 July, 2015
+100
Justin James 12:58 PM - 31 July, 2015
just realised this thread began in November 2012.. it'll be its third year anniversary soon, rapid response & fix coming 2020.. >_<..
iernei 12:24 PM - 23 October, 2015
+1

it should be a basic feature in effects section (traktor fx snapshot) but it's still missing in serato dj.

Come on guys.
AdamL 5:58 PM - 10 May, 2016
+1
cotdagoo 4:01 AM - 4 December, 2018
pretty sad to see this topic started in 2012...

20 freaking 12

How many sound packs and addons have we been sold without actual features being implemented..?

If you perform regularly and need customized settings for your FX, taking the time to painstakingly set it all up before each set is a real hassle and waste of time.
Sikwidityo 10:34 AM - 9 March, 2019
Welp! I guess I will ask Serato to close my ticket now. It's hard to believe this issue has been in existence this long. 2019??? Wow!
DJ Sat Life 5:22 PM - 2 May, 2019
I guess my voice doesn't count for a whole lot this late in the forum but I just found out that you can't save an individual effect parameter only the effect bank which blew my mind. I can't believe you aren't able to save your own settings, the original noise sweep is way to aggressive and static. I hope this problem gets some attention soon.
Bigheaded 3:20 AM - 18 May, 2019
I'm a brand new Serato user I definitely +1 this one, and about 10 other threads I've came across in the 1st 4 pages of feature request threads. It's mind blowing how people have been requesting painfully simple shit, like "play count" and "save FX settings" since like 2012, and yet nothing has been done. I haven't followed Serato before last week. I knew it was the most popular, or most used or whatever. It's pretty sad to see they apparently listen to their user base. Have any of the requested features even been added? Why even have this forum if they're just going to let requests go on forever unanswered. IMHO it makes Serato look bad.

It's kind of shocking to me, because last night I needed technical support for 2 things, and both of my tickets were answered (by 2 different people) within 15 minutes. And both I had follow up communications with them which were answered in about the same time frame. And this was like 11PM - Which I found really damn impressive.

Apparently this section doesn't get any attention though lol.
TheProfessa 8:35 PM - 21 August, 2019
+1 on this!! This is has been a bigger annoyance with the 72 and Numark NS7s that I have where they save the fx type between sessions, but every time I start up I have to set the parameters back to where I like to start them. This should not be hard to implement. I am not sure why it's taking so long. I hope it comes soon.
SiRocket 4:48 AM - 27 November, 2019
Seriously.. Can't believe this is still an issue..... i have a 72 and am putting together some routines right now and shaking my head