Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

browsing knob

Product
Serato DJ Pro
Version
Hardware
Pioneer DJ DDJ-SX
Computer
Mac
OS
Platform
-
maviccf 6:02 AM - 4 November, 2012
when browsing crates and pressing the knob, sub crates wont open , it will jump to crate content.
I have not created new library, I am using itch 2.2.2 libraries.
thanks
so far serato dj 1.0 has resolved a lot of issues with libraries, specifically large ones, please don't change that, keep up the great work.
thanks
Shumi 12:39 PM - 4 November, 2012
Same problem here.
PlugBeta 1:00 PM - 4 November, 2012
Have you tried using the two directory buttons below the knob? See if maybe their function will do?
maviccf 1:46 PM - 4 November, 2012
Yes I have, but it did not fix the problem.
PlugBeta 2:37 PM - 4 November, 2012
Give me a moment to check this out for you, I'll let you know if I get the same problem - maybe it's just something they messed up on just like continuous play for playlists :( C'mon Serato! :(

One second.
PlugBeta 2:40 PM - 4 November, 2012
Considering I do not thing Serato DJ has sub-crates, it will just jump to it's content - therefore, I would suggest just working around it such as making new crates based on your old sub-crate content.
maviccf 6:12 PM - 4 November, 2012
Anybody else is having the same problem?
DJ Booga 7:52 PM - 4 November, 2012
Seems one can't open subcrates with the browsing knob, unfortunately.
Serato, Support
Scott S 12:54 AM - 5 November, 2012
Hi guys,

Yes unfortunately there is a bug that doesn't allow the Browsing knob to open the crate to show its contained subcrates. It can navigate to a subcrate but only when the parent crate is fully expanded.

The developers have been notified of this and Pioneer are also aware of this issue, so hopefully it gets fixed soon :)

Cheers
maviccf 1:01 AM - 5 November, 2012
Thanks a lot guys
maviccf 7:50 AM - 5 December, 2012
hello, any idea when this function will be corrected.
thanks
Serato, Support
Scott S 9:00 PM - 5 December, 2012
We are trying to fix as many issues as we can, but unfortunately I have no further information as to when the browsing knob subcrate expand will be fixed.

The developers are already aware of this issue, and it has been listed as a bug, so it should get fixed in a future update.

Cheers
10:00 PM, 19 Dec 2012
This help request has been closed due to inactivity.
maviccf 4:17 AM - 15 February, 2013
HI, I am only following up on this matter, are you guys planning to fix this bug on the next release of serato dj?
thanks
Serato, Support
Matt P 8:10 PM - 17 February, 2013
Hi maviccf,

We are working to fix this on an upcoming release of Serato DJ. We can't speak on the release until it is out, which will be very soon.

Matt P
maviccf 8:49 PM - 17 February, 2013
ok thanks a lot
maviccf 8:30 AM - 1 May, 2013
OK, 1.2 is here, but This issue is still present, I dare to ask:
What is going on?
NS6 problems got fixed right away, but DDj SX still out of the loop.
is the problem related more to firmware?
Please explain, it is really annoying using the mouse to open and close subcrates, I have a really large library.
is pioneer working on this?
please, please, please!
Fix it.
Thanks
Enso 9:06 AM - 1 May, 2013
Quote:
OK, 1.2 is here, but This issue is still present, I dare to ask:
What is going on?

Yep, i totally agree. This bug is now known since almost 7 month and nothing happens but empty promises. Im pissed of serato and will now go back to VirtualDJ. Since VDJ 7.3 the DDJ SX is supported out-of-the-box and works without any problems, although the VDJ guys dont have those "exclusive controller rights" and their name is not printed on the SX.

Serato, start doing your homework!!!
Serato, Support
Matt P 1:28 AM - 2 May, 2013
Hi maviccf,

Unfortunately this wasn't able to be fixed for 1.2, but we are aware of it and it will be fixed soon.

Matt p
irieproductions 5:29 AM - 2 May, 2013
and the wait continues, i think this is one of the most annoying bugs i've had to deal with in my years of using Serato software. What a huge dissapointmen Serato to have fixed this exact same bug for the NS6 and not for the DDJ-SX (which was your first serato DJ controller in the market)
maviccf 5:30 AM - 2 May, 2013
Quote:
and the wait continues, i think this is one of the most annoying bugs i've had to deal with in my years of using Serato software. What a huge dissapointmen Serato to have fixed this exact same bug for the NS6 and not for the DDJ-SX (which was your first serato DJ controller in the market)

+100
Serato, Support
Matt P 2:43 AM - 7 May, 2013
irieproductions

Just to clarify, this bug exist on all controllers and isn't specific to the DDJSX
maviccf 11:38 AM - 20 August, 2013
ok 1.3 is out of the bag, Now:
When is this issue going to be fixed?
Enso 12:49 PM - 20 August, 2013
Quote:
ok 1.3 is out of the bag, Now:
When is this issue going to be fixed?

I dont believe in wonders anymore. I guess it will never get fixed...
They already got our money, so they give a shit about customer-support...
Serato, Support
Scott S 9:22 PM - 20 August, 2013
This hopefully will be fixed soon guys, but at this stage I dont have any information when it will be implemented.

A lot of people are asking for this, so it will be done. I'm just not 100% sure when sorry.
irieproductions 4:55 AM - 21 August, 2013
and the wait continues.... almost 4 months after my last post \o/
Enso 6:12 AM - 21 August, 2013
Quote:
This hopefully will be fixed soon guys, but at this stage I dont have any information when it will be implemented.

A lot of people are asking for this, so it will be done. I'm just not 100% sure when sorry.

Haha, yeah of course... maybe in the year 2063
Same lame excuses go on and on for almost a year in 3 different threads concerning this bug.
maviccf 7:34 AM - 21 August, 2013
This is one of the main features that hooked me up to Serato ITCH, it is very sad that you guys are not giving it a higher priority. Very sad and disappointing.
maviccf 7:38 AM - 21 August, 2013
It is really frustrating browsing with the mouse, why do you guys call it mouse less and keyless search then?
(with other controllers and itch I hardly use the keyboard or the mouse.
I like a lot the ddj sx, that's why I don't go back to the s1.
maviccf 10:06 AM - 2 October, 2013
Here we go again when is this issue going to be corrected?
1.5 already and the problem is still there.
Please tell us if this is a firmware issue that manufacturer has to fix or something. PLEASE!
Enso 10:16 AM - 2 October, 2013
Quote:
Please tell us if this is a firmware issue that manufacturer has to fix or something. PLEASE!

Its definitely not a firmware issue. The button works without any problems in VDJ and Traktor. Its just because the team is too incompetent and lazy to fix it... Sorry Serato, but there are no more excuses to justify this after a year now...
maviccf 5:20 AM - 19 November, 2013
Ok guys, 1.5.2 and still waiting for a fix for this issue. Any updates on when?
Enso 7:48 AM - 19 November, 2013
You still believe this will happen maviccf?? I gave up on this...
But hey, again we got a new FX expansion pack for 19 dollars to waste our money on, so that serato gets fresh money for still doing nothing about essential non-working and crashing "features"...
maviccf 11:55 AM - 19 November, 2013
Quote:
You still believe this will happen maviccf?? I gave up on this...
But hey, again we got a new FX expansion pack for 19 dollars to waste our money on, so that serato gets fresh money for still doing nothing about essential non-working and crashing "features"...

+ 1000
DPDJs 2:28 AM - 30 December, 2013
I recently upgraded to the DDJ-SX and SDJ. I'm a big user of subcrates and now having this issue. Just a friendly reminder not to forget about us. :-)
Serato, Support
Scott S 2:37 AM - 30 December, 2013
Quote:
Just a friendly reminder not to forget about us. :-)

It has already been fixed and will be released in the next version of the software.

It is already available for Serato DJ 1.6 beta , so check it out if you want to try the 1.6 beta > serato.com

Regards
DPDJs 6:01 AM - 30 December, 2013
Excellent, thanks for the update.
maviccf 10:09 AM - 30 December, 2013
Thanks a lot guys
maviccf 10:12 PM - 31 December, 2013
sorry but does not work on the beta, pioneer dj sx
Serato, Support
Scott S 10:05 PM - 2 January, 2014
Quote:
sorry but does not work on the beta, pioneer dj sx

Use the BACK button on DDJ-SX to expand/collapse subcrate folders. Pressing the scroll knob down is the same as hitting "TAB" on the keyboard, which is switching between crates/library.

Regards :)
maviccf 10:19 PM - 2 January, 2014
I noticed that, on a perfect scenario it is not supposed to behave that way. Now, what about the other controllers? I am planning in getting a back up unit (don't know yet which one)
And, will it behave properly in the future (pressing the knob to open sub-crates)? Is this your final fix?
Thanks