Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Anyone besides me waiting for Numark before buying the Pioneer

DjCity 6:40 PM - 3 November, 2012
The SX looks like a great controller but i'm not sold on it yet. I have been reading about little issues and that Serato DJ ain't the answer.

With these things in mind, i'm not in a rush to go out and buy the Pioneer controller.

I really want to see what Numark comes out with. I'm curious about Vestax and Novation and the others too but Numark has been solidly in the KING throne for controllers for quite a while and i kinda doubt they will sit back and let pioneer take their #1 spot.

Am I the only one that does not want to run out and get the Pioneer?
DJ DDL 7:44 PM - 3 November, 2012
waiting on that Numark MPC DJ that was previewed last Jan at NAMM. platters are motorized on that one too, but Numark has been quiet about the official release date of it. also not touching Serato DJ until I see more 'no glitch' messages vs. problem messages. I still run Itch 1.8 on my NS6, no problems in 18mos.
phatbob 1:09 AM - 4 November, 2012
Quote:
waiting on that Numark MPC DJ that was previewed last Jan at NAMM. platters are motorized on that one too, but Numark has been quiet about the official release date of it.

That thing does not and will probably never exist, it was basically the controller version of a concept car. If you're waiting for that you'll be waiting a lonnnnnng time.
DjFuentes82 1:41 AM - 4 November, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
waiting on that Numark MPC DJ that was previewed last Jan at NAMM. platters are motorized on that one too, but Numark has been quiet about the official release date of it.

That thing does not and will probably never exist, it was basically the controller version of a concept car. If you're waiting for that you'll be waiting a lonnnnnng time.

Don't necessarily agree with u, it may not come for SDJ but I think it will show. The NS7 has been an extreme success for them so I don't see why they wouldn't put it in production. It's basically an NS7 with pads.
phatbob 3:04 AM - 4 November, 2012
But the pads aren't in a logical position for Serato DJ, assuming 8 for each deck. It would be an ergonomic nightmare.

That's why I'm sure that thing will never make it past the prototype stage, because the software just doesn't exist that would make sense to use with it.
saNppa 1:14 PM - 4 November, 2012
As user of NS6, for me DDJ-SX is nothing more but NS6mkII. Pioneer did the improvements that Numark should have made, but they didn't. If there's a product available and the other brand can't offer anything - not even rumours, dates, specs, nothing - why should I wait? I'm a fanboy to no brand. I've been using Vestax, Numark and next week Pioneer. I use Itch, 'cos it seems to be best choise for my needs and I'm so used to that. SDJ is the most logical succesor. If Traktor (and mapping) starts to look more interesting, take a wild guess, what will I do? For me it's all about products as tools. I leave brand hyping to fanboys.
DJ DDL 4:59 PM - 4 November, 2012
I was disappointed with the quality and functions of the DDJ-S1 vs. the NS6, and that's why I went that direction- the DDJ-SX looks incredible, but will still wait for a bit to see what, if any, answers come from the other companies. I'm also assuming there will be a lot of initial bugs with the new software. I would love larger motorized platters like the v7's incorporated with 4 decks and the MPC controls. may just be wishful thinking, but will still hold off until after seeing what NAMM has to offer in January. either way, I've been extremely happy with the NS6 and the Itch software, so not in a rush to jump on the new bandwagon just yet. but like 'saNppa' said- I'll play on whatever makes the most sense. most clubs I'm hitting doing simple 'plug n play' vs. my own set up still have tables and/or cdj's- only one of my regular spots actually has an in-house controller, and it's an NS6.
[O/][iii][O/] 5:29 PM - 4 November, 2012
Still going to give it some time to make final decision, but so far the only thing I'm really liking about the DDJ-SX over the NS6 is the individual channel meters. Other than that, I'm finding the areas of the NS6 to be either equal to the DDJ-SX or even better. This is a huge testament to how on the ball Numark has been with the whole controller market and shows how Pioneer is late to the game and now playing catchup.
DjCity 5:33 PM - 4 November, 2012
From all that I have been reading i'm inclined to agree.

I'm a Hip Hop DJ so the pads are helpful but not really needed. I like the meters but have learned to live without them on the NS6.

So far i'm NOT liking the reports on SeratoDJ. Too many backward steps and not enough forward steps.
Too many features missing.

I will continue to wait and see what else comes thru.
VinnyBlanc 9:50 PM - 4 November, 2012
Keep in mind you have on screen VU meters for each channel in Serato DJ now. If we had these in itch for the NS6 it wouldn't have been as much of an issue..
dj-freestyle 2:10 AM - 5 November, 2012
I have both and have had the ns6 since the first day it came out and love it but I think the pioneer is a much better controller. The pads are amazing and the filters are great. I've compared sound wise and pioneer is a fuller deeper sound. Slicer and slip are added bonuses. That's my opinion
DjFuentes82 2:35 AM - 6 November, 2012
Quote:
But the pads aren't in a logical position for Serato DJ, assuming 8 for each deck. It would be an ergonomic nightmare.

That's why I'm sure that thing will never make it past the prototype stage, because the software just doesn't exist that would make sense to use with it.

Keep in mind it's a prototype, it doesn't mean production would be alike. The prototype already has 16 pads (8 for each deck I guess), it would take some getting used to but definitely a beast if it came to be.
bloo 5:10 AM - 6 November, 2012
I was ready to put my NS6 on craigslist the moment the DDJ-SX was introduced. Glad I took a chill pill and waited. It looked like a huge improvement over the NS6 but after seeing/reading all these reviews, I think it's still a capable controller for Serato DJ but I could probably live with my NS6 + let's say, a Korg NanoPad2 when Serato DJ is released for the NS6.

Having said that, still waiting for NAMM in January to see what else is on the market for new Serato DJ controllers. Maybe we'll see an "NS8" from Numark!
DJGator 7:18 PM - 12 November, 2012
Quote:
Still going to give it some time to make final decision, but so far the only thing I'm really liking about the DDJ-SX over the NS6 is the individual channel meters. Other than that, I'm finding the areas of the NS6 to be either equal to the DDJ-SX or even better. This is a huge testament to how on the ball Numark has been with the whole controller market and shows how Pioneer is late to the game and now playing catchup.

I hear you I would of waited also but i got mines for a great price preordered.My ddj sx cost me $849 no tax free shipping and I recieved a free copy of serato video from a retailer I shall not name so I basically paid 750 for my ddj sx and $99 for serato video IMO serato video is only worth $99 I'm gonna through it in a black label odyssey ddj s1 case After modding to fit it that was $200 for the case new. Now I have a numark ns6 for sale any buyers in NYC area lol.
lvmez 7:42 PM - 12 November, 2012
Everyone is getting a free copy of serato video, your not special. Lol.