My Son going over the new hardware :)
instagram.com
DJ_X_Trodinaire 2:35 AM - 2 November, 2012
DJ_X_Trodinaire 2:44 AM - 2 November, 2012
Size comparison
DDJSX and VCI380
instagram.com
pdidy 2:52 AM - 2 November, 2012

very nice DJ_X_Trodinaire, think im a lil jealous;)
DJ_X_Trodinaire 2:54 AM - 2 November, 2012
Quote:

very nice DJ_X_Trodinaire, think im a lil jealous;)

lol you're the one with the Boomin' system!

Where is Joee by the way? did he ever by a VCI380? maybe now he wants a DDJSX :P
pdidy 2:59 AM - 2 November, 2012
Quote:
Where is Joee by the way? did he ever by a VCI380? maybe now he wants a DDJSX :P

Good queestion hes been MIA. dont no if he got the 380 but im sure he want the ddjsx. I sure do but im trying to cut down my gear whoring unless i really NEED it.
djallstyle 3:13 AM - 2 November, 2012
Just purchased the DDj Sx today. Its a well built unit & sounds great. Not sold on the workflow/design of it. i just completed my daily mixshow & really had to keep it simple. I will give it until monday before i decide if I'll return it. The 1st night with my Vci 380, I didn't feel this way. tough to explain, maybe I just have to get used to the differences.
ernie 3:14 AM - 2 November, 2012
Here's mine

i221.photobucket.com
DJ_X_Trodinaire 3:24 AM - 2 November, 2012
Quote:
Just purchased the DDj Sx today. Its a well built unit & sounds great. Not sold on the workflow/design of it. i just completed my daily mixshow & really had to keep it simple. I will give it until monday before i decide if I'll return it. The 1st night with my Vci 380, I didn't feel this way. tough to explain, maybe I just have to get used to the differences.

It has a lot of nice features but you get kind of overwhelmed
I already know that I will not be using most of the features on the DDJSX
pdidy 3:29 AM - 2 November, 2012
DJ_X_Trodinaire, Im a scratch dj, do you think I will have issues with hitting the pads in front by mistake ?
DJ_X_Trodinaire 3:40 AM - 2 November, 2012
Quote:
DJ_X_Trodinaire, Im a scratch dj, do you think I will have issues with hitting the pads in front by mistake ?

I don't think so. The platter is very high.
I like the width of the DDSX and the platter placement.
On the VCI300/380 it is a little cramp together

You will probably like it better than your VCI300 as in ergonomics.
djallstyle 3:43 AM - 2 November, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

It has a lot of nice features but you get kind of overwhelmed
I already know that I will not be using most of the features on the DDJSX

Yeah I think I may return mine. I want to keep it simple as possible

i883.photobucket.com
pdidy 3:48 AM - 2 November, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

I don't think so. The platter is very high.
I like the width of the DDSX and the platter placement.
On the VCI300/380 it is a little cramp together

You will probably like it better than your VCI300 as in ergonomics.

cool thanks
DJ freestylefrenzy 4:21 AM - 3 November, 2012
Quote:
Size comparison
DDJSX and VCI380
instagram.com

x-trodinaire thanks for this comparison...I usually play out with my vci 380 and also comfortable with the cdj series..

I was thinking of going for the SX but it doesnt fit my lifestyle of mobility...especially since I live in Japan and usual mode of transport is by train...
DJ freestylefrenzy 4:21 AM - 3 November, 2012
Quote:
Here's mine

i221.photobucket.com

Ernie..did you trade up your VCI 380?? hows the feel of the platters??
havent had a chance to go to the dj shop yet to test one out
DJ_X_Trodinaire 5:58 AM - 3 November, 2012
Son testing the DDJ-SX lol
youtu.be
funkyfresh2012 8:25 PM - 3 November, 2012
Quote:
youtu.be

awesome vid! :P
gullum 8:34 PM - 3 November, 2012
collest video ever :D
Asu 9:22 PM - 3 November, 2012
Quote:
youtu.be

that was cool man...that kid makes you wanna tryout all the features asap lol
pdidy 11:19 PM - 3 November, 2012
Quote:
youtu.be

didy approved.
yeahdef 3:39 AM - 4 November, 2012
pbs.twimg.com

Love this thing!
ernie 3:53 AM - 4 November, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
Here's mine

i221.photobucket.com

Ernie..did you trade up your VCI 380?? hows the feel of the platters??
havent had a chance to go to the dj shop yet to test one out

i sold my vci 380 and now i miss my 380... vci 380 has more effects and pad control and auto pad loops.. but the pioneer platter is much better..i'm thinking of buying a vci 380 again
DJ_X_Trodinaire 3:57 AM - 4 November, 2012
I was bored and figured out how to turn on all the LED lol

instagram.com
VinnyBlanc 12:52 AM - 17 November, 2012
Just got mine from www.agiprodj.com.

www.facebook.com
DJ Dynamight 1:45 AM - 17 November, 2012
Rhodesy 3:53 PM - 17 November, 2012
Quote:
Size comparison
DDJSX and VCI380
instagram.com

thanks for that ive been looking for a picture like this for over a week :)
gullum 4:51 PM - 17 November, 2012
here is a part of my setup need to change things around because of the size of the SX

img208.imageshack.us
Lightning 3:04 AM - 18 November, 2012
Try this, still getting the booth back together after relocating up from FL.

sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net
ifeelsatisfied 10:53 AM - 18 November, 2012
Loving it so far!

imgur.com
phatbob 12:06 PM - 18 November, 2012
Quote:
Loving it so far!

imgur.com

That's quite the view you have there!

Good to see it fits on that Magma stand. I personally wouldn't like it on an angle like that, but I know some people have been asking if it would fit.
VinnyBlanc 2:49 PM - 18 November, 2012
Ifeelsatisfied. Can you post some pics from additional angles? I'm consider picking one up for my DDJ. Also, how is the stability with or without something weighted on the feet of the stand?

thanks in advance...
elsupermang 5:31 PM - 18 November, 2012
Here's mine for my weekly show: www.dropbox.com
lvmez 7:26 PM - 18 November, 2012
VJ Justin Allen 7:35 PM - 18 November, 2012
Not a great shot but you can see a few things there.

www.facebook.com
VJ Justin Allen 7:38 PM - 18 November, 2012
I should have added...I am running two VJ set-up's here at the same time.
ifeelsatisfied 7:55 PM - 18 November, 2012
Quote:
Ifeelsatisfied. Can you post some pics from additional angles? I'm consider picking one up for my DDJ. Also, how is the stability with or without something weighted on the feet of the stand?

thanks in advance...

Yeh sure, il take and post a few in the morning. There is a little bit of wobble when I'm scratching fast n things but its pretty good. You can see that I keep an amp on the feet but il give it a go without that there also tomorrow.

The view is dubai marina btw
DJ_X_Trodinaire 8:07 PM - 18 November, 2012
Quote:
Not a great shot but you can see a few things there.

www.facebook.com

It is blocked, cant see
VJ Justin Allen 8:11 PM - 18 November, 2012
Hmm shows as public. Let me check an see what's happening.
VJ Justin Allen 8:26 PM - 18 November, 2012
OK, let's try this link

www.facebook.com
phatbob 10:02 PM - 18 November, 2012
How are you routing all that these days Justin? You switching/mixing between them or feeding one into a capture card?
VJ Justin Allen 10:38 PM - 18 November, 2012
To handle the second video feed I did have to come up with a solution based on cost vs what I really wanted. I picked up an Altona VGA switch to run component into the switcher. I like the fact that it's auto sensing so it keep both VJ's computers "live". It also has a small switch (that you can see that and the box in the pictures) that allows for the VJ to switch off their video. It's a "cut" switch so it just pops from one to the other. Like I said, not a great solution, but one that worked very well last night.

The other cool side effect of this switcher is that it has a green and blue light on the VGA box and on the switch control. I had the blue light for the DDJ-Sx, cause it has a lot of blue lights on it :) It helped keep us on top of who's video feed was live however.

www.markertek.com

Nothing goes into a capture card, it all gets routed into a 8x8 matrix switch and goes out live to the screens. I also have a feed going into Modul8 and sometimes I'll effect that feed and play with it. I also have 2 PTZ cameras as well that I play with. Modul8 also handles the twitter feed, and the text overlays that got on the screen...for DJ names, and other promotional stuff.
phatbob 10:52 PM - 18 November, 2012
Cool. So does that switcher work fairly seamlessly or do you have to switch the feed over to modul8 when you do changeovers?
VJ Justin Allen 11:10 PM - 18 November, 2012
I use the Edirol V8 to handle the Modul8 input. Using the luma channel I can overlay text and graphics right over the video screen....in any position / place I want to.

Certainly more complicated that it needs to be, but that's how it's evolved :) ME does much (but not all) of this right now but there is the lack of support issue for Serato Video.
VJ Justin Allen 11:11 PM - 18 November, 2012
Just to be clear, the Modul8 input and the music video playing happens at the same time.
phatbob 12:18 AM - 19 November, 2012
Ok, but when you switch between the 2 DJs, is that switch seamless? That's what I'm after, but I don't want to have to get a V8 or anything. All the VGA switchers I've tried before are not seamless at all... ;-(
VJ Justin Allen 12:23 AM - 19 November, 2012
The switch is seamless in that it's an instant cut with no interference. Since this is an auto-sensing device both pictures are active at the same time...click on the button and the other image instantly appears. Click it again and you are back where you started from.

There are just no transitions from one VJ to the other VJ except for the cut transition.
yeahdef 12:24 AM - 19 November, 2012
phatbob 1:08 AM - 19 November, 2012
Quote:
The switch is seamless in that it's an instant cut with no interference. Since this is an auto-sensing device both pictures are active at the same time...click on the button and the other image instantly appears. Click it again and you are back where you started from.

There are just no transitions from one VJ to the other VJ except for the cut transition.

Thanks man, looks like I'll be trying to source one of those in the UK then.
VJ Justin Allen 1:28 AM - 19 November, 2012
I even tested it at the end of the night by shutting down my system a few minutes early. No issues when unplugging this from my system...the other video kept on playing with no issues.
ifeelsatisfied 6:49 AM - 19 November, 2012
Here's a couple more angles as promised

imgur.com

imgur.com

imgur.com
VinnyBlanc 2:13 PM - 19 November, 2012
Looks good. Is there enough clearance under the laptop to plug RCAs in to each channel? I can't tell from the picture alone.
DJ_X_Trodinaire 6:17 PM - 19 November, 2012
Quote:
Here's a couple more angles as promised

imgur.com

imgur.com

imgur.com

That looks nice
ifeelsatisfied 2:30 PM - 20 November, 2012
Quote:
Looks good. Is there enough clearance under the laptop to plug RCAs in to each channel? I can't tell from the picture alone.

Yeh there's enough room for RCA's.. Plugging in an XLR cable to the mic input requires moving the sx to the side a little bit as I found out last night. But it's fine.
djlonzluv 12:56 AM - 28 November, 2012
I find it surprising that my favorite radio mixshow dj in Chicago "DJALLSTYLE" did not like the workflow on the Pioneer ddj sx!!!! I guess I will give this unite a try as soon as it comes to the nearest GC!!!! I will somehow incorporate this with ABLETON LIVE!!!!
djallstyle 2:13 AM - 28 November, 2012
Quote:
I find it surprising that my favorite radio mixshow dj in Chicago "DJALLSTYLE" did not like the workflow on the Pioneer ddj sx!!!! I guess I will give this unite a try as soon as it comes to the nearest GC!!!! I will somehow incorporate this with ABLETON LIVE!!!!

Thanks for the compliment. I kept the controller & I like it. I was really complaining about getting used to it. I have been using it daily since then & overall I give the SX an A. It would be an A+ if the left pitch arm was on the outside of the left platter & I only need 2 channels w/switches. I would easily buy a version built that way. Ableton is the way to go as well. If Serato would simply let the app be used as a Vst or plug in I would be extremely happy. It used to be a plug in for Pro Tools a few years ago.
However ,thanks again & I'm glad you enjoy my mixes.
lvmez 1:17 AM - 3 December, 2012
Last nights gig. First night out with the DDJ-SX. Worked great with Mix Emergency.

[IMG]i1222.photobucket.com[/IMG]
DVJ HURRICANE 4:08 PM - 27 December, 2012
I love my DDJ SX is the best thing since serato came . i have a 57, 62, but this thing is the bomb! even the sound & video are better !! And i was a 1200s guy for ever ..j/s
DJ Baby Raj 8:14 PM - 27 December, 2012
Just got my new shiney toy!

sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net
DJRobKraze 11:09 PM - 27 December, 2012
Congrats to all those that recently got their SX's!
DJ_X_Trodinaire 9:57 PM - 3 May, 2013
Just finished an afternoon Wedding Reception.

My 2nd Mini Rig: other is Vestax VCI380
Pioneer DDJSX
Bose L1 Compact
Shure Wireless Mic
Macbook Pro 17
OWC 4TB External HD
5 dollar Walmart laptop stand LOL
Ipad for Wedding reception timeline and backup music

4 x 7xLED RGBW Wireless DMX uplight
AM DJ RGBW4C LED Controller
Wireless Transmitter.

Pic below Bose, Laptop Bag, wireless Mic bag and Cables bag.
instagram.com

instagram.com

instagram.com

My Sidekick Dj Evan Almighty Manning the Uplight controller
instagram.com
Clapperz 1:37 PM - 12 May, 2013
lvmez 1:48 PM - 12 May, 2013
wow!! great work.
DJ_X_Trodinaire 2:18 PM - 12 May, 2013
Wow! how much do you charge and free delivery? :)

Very nice!

Clapperz 2:33 PM - 12 May, 2013
Thankyou.

Cost depends on what you want, but that one would cost £450, for cost of materials and my time.
I can't do free delivery im afraid as it costs around £60 to deliver. But call it £500 and ill tell you its free ;)