[O/][iii][O/] 6:38 PM - 1 November, 2012
i802.photobucket.com

i802.photobucket.com

i802.photobucket.com

i802.photobucket.com

i802.photobucket.com

i802.photobucket.com

i802.photobucket.com

NS6 platter diameter 153mm (overall) 138mm (top surface)
DDJ-SX platter diameter 149mm (overall) 133mm (top surface)
mr187 6:59 PM - 1 November, 2012
which one performs better ?
VinnyBlanc 7:19 PM - 1 November, 2012
IO do you have an odyssey flight case for the NS6, I have the FZGSNS6BL (only thing remaning from my ns6) Wondering if you could cut some foam on the left and right to accomodate the extra 2". If not feasable I am going to sell, but wanted to hang on ot it until someone could verify.
[O/][iii][O/] 7:21 PM - 1 November, 2012
a few quick initial observations so far...

DDJ-SX knobs feel better than NS6 (probably due to metal shafts vs plastic)

NS6 pitch faders feel better than DDJ-SX. DDJ-SX pitch faders feel cheap and wobbly (center dent too at 0%). Both 4" throw.

Jogs feel about the same on both (which is a good thing because other Pioneer controllers and CDJs feel horrible)

Audio quality sounds about the same on both units.

+1 DDJ-SX for individual channel meters. NS6 flubbed on this by just having one meter.

-1 DDJ-SX for -26dB EQs in hardware mode. NS6 has full kill EQs in both hardware AND software mode, which is huge for those who incorporate TTs/CDJs

-1 DDJ-SX for missing pitch bend +/- buttons. NS6 has these and useful.

- DDJ-SX for attempting to recess key buttons (shift, censor, jog) but not recessing them enough to actually matter. Might as well have left them like all the others if not going to lower them below top surface plane.

- DDJ-SX and NS6 for shiny, reflective, fingerprint magnet jogs. TBD if this can be remedied by applying mate vinyl to surface like you can on NS6.

Channel faders feel about the same on both DDj-SX and NS6. Both 2" throw.
[O/][iii][O/] 7:22 PM - 1 November, 2012
Quote:
IO do you have an odyssey flight case for the NS6, I have the FZGSNS6BL (only thing remaning from my ns6) Wondering if you could cut some foam on the left and right to accomodate the extra 2". If not feasable I am going to sell, but wanted to hang on ot it until someone could verify.

Not familiar with FZGSNS6BL so unable to say.
saNppa 7:36 PM - 1 November, 2012
DDJ-SX vs NS6... How about DDJ-SX and NS6? Since they use different software, they should work side by side, With mixer eight channels and without mixer seven. Anyone gonna try that? I will and with one laptop. :D DJ-booth's are small, how will I make them all fit, I dunno, but I have to try. The idea is quite stupid, kinda wild, nearly useless and there fore very tempting. :D
nik39 9:38 PM - 1 November, 2012
Quote:
-1 DDJ-SX for -26dB EQs in hardware mode. NS6 has full kill EQs in both hardware AND software mode, which is huge for those who incorporate TTs/CDJs

Why would it be huge for "those" using analog sources? Not everyone needs a full kill.
explicit408 9:46 PM - 1 November, 2012
Can you please compare the pitch resolution?

Also, would you say scratching on either would be about the same? I know the NS6 jog wheels have 3600 click per revolution, but I haven't been able to find anything on the DDJ-SX jogs.

I also have the NS6 but I'm strongly considering the DDJ-SX.

Thanks
[O/][iii][O/] 9:50 PM - 1 November, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

Why would it be huge for "those" using analog sources? Not everyone needs a full kill.

Because when you are mixing both digital with analog sources your sound is going to be different when bouncing back and forth between the two due to different EQ characteristics — especially important when trying to completely kill a bassline from track A while layering upper ranges from track B if bassline from A fights with bassline from B. Anyway, you are correct that not everyone "needs" full kill, but many do - hence why many pass on mixers that don't have this feature. Pioneer has recognized this need/desire by many DJs in recent years by finally including full kill on their most popular mixers.
nik39 10:10 PM - 1 November, 2012
Quote:
Because when you are mixing both digital with analog sources your sound is going to be different when bouncing back and forth between the two due to different EQ characteristics —

Good point, haven't thought about this one.

Quote:
Anyway, you are correct that not everyone "needs" full kill, but many do - hence why many pass on mixers that don't have this feature

*eyes rolling* Many...

Many I know don't care about full kill or not. They like the standard Pioneer 800, which is a popular mixer - and guess what - It's popular, so it's safe to say many more than the other many don't actually care ;)
[O/][iii][O/] 11:31 PM - 1 November, 2012
lol, cmon man, you're killing me here.

Quote:

Many I know don't care about full kill or not.

Well many I know do care, so there :stickstongueout:

Quote:

They like the standard Pioneer 800

800 was a huge improvement over the dreaded 500/600, but I and many I know hate primarily due to lack of full kill EQs. I'd like to think it was the "bitching" we all made to Pioneer about this that finally got the to correct this on the 850/900/900nexus

Quote:

which is a popular mixer - and guess what - It's popular, so it's safe to say many more than the other many don't actually care ;)

McDonalds is popular too, but that doesn't mean people don't care that it's crappy food and wish they had better when stranded in some remote area and that's all there is to eat. In case you haven't noticed, the majority of so-called "DJs" who have flooded the market in the past ten years or so don't necessarily ooze quality or even know what quality is. You're a hard numbers guy, so the sales volume (and pirating volume) of shitty MP3s should be enough evidence for you to agree on this.
dj-freestyle 11:41 PM - 1 November, 2012
Full kill means nothing to me but i know for alot of djs its important so i get it
nik39 11:43 PM - 1 November, 2012
Not sure what you're trying to convince me of.

Fact is - not everyone needs full kill. Portraying the lack of full-kill as being the knock out criteria for many (.. a relevant number.. not your 5 friends ;) ) is pure propaganda because you can't base your statement on anything (unless you will present valid numbers which make sense) and therefore highly misleading.

BTW, I never liked the 800s (sound and quality wise) - the 900 is a nice mixer though.
[O/][iii][O/] 12:00 AM - 2 November, 2012
Quote:
Not sure what you're trying to convince me of.

Not trying to convince YOU of anything. You're the one that keeps asking me questions about posts that aren't directed at you and I'm simply replying as I have time. After you're run of threads over past week or so you strike me as someone who would refuse to be convinced the sky is blue if it were me that was telling you it is. lol

Quote:

Fact is - not everyone needs full kill.

Of course and agreed. I've already said this :-/

Quote:
Portraying the lack of full-kill as being the knock out criteria for many (.. a relevant number.. not your 5 friends ;) ) is pure propaganda because you can't base your statement on anything (unless you will present valid numbers which make sense) and therefore highly misleading.

But it is a deal breaker for many, primarily for those who need the feature and this can be for a variety of reasons, but I've already explained to you what the biggest reason is. I've passed on many mixers that didn't have full kill EQ but otherwise had everything I've needed and know many who have done the same. This isn't propaganda or meant to mislead, it's based simply on experience and truth whether you choose to believe it or not. And no, the number is not 5. I couldn't begin to tell you how many in the 30 some odd years I've been part of the dance music industry who share these views.

Quote:

BTW, I never liked the 800s (sound and quality wise) - the 900 is a nice mixer though.

Same here. Although 800 and newer models have improved as I've said, and the 850 and up are at least tolerable to use for paid gigs, none of them I would actually spend my own money on.
nik39 12:11 AM - 2 November, 2012
Quote:
After you're run of threads over past week or so you strike me as someone who would refuse to be convinced the sky is blue if it were me that was telling you it is.

As soon as you start making sense - I will agree. Don't worry. You shouldn't take yourself too important - this is not about you.

But as said, the way you post, what you post and what reasoning you use, that reminds me a lot of propaganda. Esp when you use the word "many", attach that word to this and that (personally favored?) feature, but for Christ sake can not or don't want to give that word any relevant meaning.

As said, if you remove that word "many" from most of *your* sentences then these sentences will not lose any significant percentage of their meaning, which means that word "many" is useless and does not express anything relevant.

Quote:
You're the one that keeps asking me questions about posts that aren't directed at you

Do you want me to explain you the concept of a public forum again? ;)
explicit408 12:18 AM - 2 November, 2012
Get a room you two.

So IO, were you able to compare the pitch and jogs resolution? :-)
[O/][iii][O/] 12:36 AM - 2 November, 2012
Quote:

As soon as you start making sense - I will agree. Don't worry.

Please provide example(s) something I've said that doesn't make sense to you and I'll do my best to clarify. I realize this can happen at times as things can sometimes get lost in text. In fact, just had to clarify something else for another member on another thread due to this serato.com

Quote:

You shouldn't take yourself too important - this is not about you.

When/where did I ever say or even imply I was important? These things I'm inquiring about however are important to me and many I know so in that respect the questions and comments are about us.

Quote:

But as said, the way you post, what you post and what reasoning you use, that reminds me a lot of propaganda. Esp when you use the word "many", attach that word to this and that (personally favored?) feature, but for Christ sake can not or don't want to give that word any relevant meaning.

As said, if you remove that word "many" from most of *your* sentences then these sentences will not lose any significant percentage of their meaning, which means that word "many" is useless and does not express anything relevant.

I've already provided the correct definition of the word "many" for you several times now and illustrated how my use of the word is appropriate, so don't know what more I can say about this. I'm not going to alter the word or change its meaning to fit what you think it should be. If you spent a fraction of the amount of time discussing features as you do on the word "many" we might actually be getting somewhere.

Quote:

Quote:
You're the one that keeps asking me questions about posts that aren't directed at you

Do you want me to explain you the concept of a public forum again? ;)

No thank you. Don't need you to. I'm already very familiar with the concept as I've used it for decades. Your comment was "Not sure what you're trying to convince me of." and I simply stated that I wasn't trying to convince you of anything, simply responding to your questions as able and pointed out that the posts you have questions about weren't directed at you so no need to feel obligated to engage if you feel like your being propagated or coerced into being convinced of something. See, the public forum is working just fine and I'm using it as it was designed for. Yay! :-)
[O/][iii][O/] 12:37 AM - 2 November, 2012
Quote:
Get a room you two.

lol, I'm waiting on nik to finish blowing me in the parking lot.

Quote:

Not yet. On the road right now, but will as soon as I get back.
[O/][iii][O/] 12:39 AM - 2 November, 2012
^^^ just kiddin' nik. Hope you know that ;-)
nik39 1:01 AM - 2 November, 2012
Quote:
Please provide example(s) something I've said that doesn't make sense to you and I'll do my best to clarify. I realize this can happen at times as things can sometimes get lost in text.

I did. It took quite a while until you clarified. But you are repeating and misusing the same words again and again ;)

Quote:
When/where did I ever say or even imply I was important? These things I'm inquiring about however are important to me and many I know so in that respect the questions and comments are about us.

Don't try to twist my words around. All I was trying to say: If you think this is about you personally, you're wrong. Your words (thank god not all of them ;) ) don't make sense, that's what I am pointing out. This is not about you. Don't fantasize that I am

Quote:
No thank you. Don't need you to.

It was a rhetorical question. I thought you'd figure.

Quote:
that the posts you have questions about weren't directed at you so no need to feel obligated to engage

As said, I feel like you are exaggerating and doing biased propaganda. Public forum: It is also my right to set things straight and to point out these things.

Quote:
I've already provided the correct definition of the word "many" for you several times now and illustrated how my use of the word is appropriate,

And I have explained numerous times why your comparisons for the word "many" and your usage for the word "many" makes no sense and is absolutely irrelevant as it doesn't express any valuable or relevant information.

It's even worse, cause you make people think "look - here is the truth - everyone wants this and that - if your product does not have this or that then everyone will think this is a fail". You get the picture.

Quote:
^^^ just kiddin' nik. Hope you know that ;-)

You're shooting yourself in the foot if you start to fantasize about these things. That was really low and cheap. :-D
DJ Half 1:26 AM - 2 November, 2012
lol. You guys remind me of noob tuber vs. camper. Nerd raging off no factual statistics.
[O/][iii][O/] 1:27 AM - 2 November, 2012
Quote:

OK, back for a few and jumped on this.

First of all, I am not a scratch DJ so gotta tell you that I'm probably not the best qualified to provide meaningful feedback on scratch performance of the jogs. I can tell you that they seem to feel and respond the same as the NS6 which has always been great IMO. Both DDJ-SX and NS6 jogs blow away even the most expensive Pioneer CDJs which have always felt cheap, jiggly and gritty. Amazing they get $2K a pop for those toylike things.

Regarding pitch resolution, unfortunately SDJ only provides pitch % readout to .X tenth whereas ITCH provides .XX hundredths so it's hard to tell comparing the two numbers-wise. Just discovered this change and not sure why Serato would go backward here, but will be adding .XX to my SDJ v1.0.1 wants list. Anyway, the DDJ-SX does move smoothly between tenths and am able to keep beats matched just fine in the short test. An extended set will reveal more.

Gotta say this though, the left deck's pitch location on the DDj-SX royally sucks IMO. It's cramped and you have to be very precise about where you're placing your hand so as to not bump channel 3 and 1 volume faders and I can already tell this is going to be a PITA when doing extended pitch riding. There's nowhere to rest palm like there is on a CDJ or TT. Numark was very smart to not take that design route and wins in this dept. IMO. The NS6's left deck pitch control location is perfect because it's away from everything, just like the right deck's. This isn't an issue with discrete components (2/3/4 CDJs + mixer) because of the space between each chassis, but that's not the case with all-in-one controllers.
[O/][iii][O/] 1:31 AM - 2 November, 2012
Side note to above: As a born and bred vinyl DJ, pitch resolution readout means very little to me EXCEPT in live gig situations where booth monitor situation is poor or non-existant. I've found since the digital age that the readout can be a great tool to help in those situations.
[O/][iii][O/] 1:41 AM - 2 November, 2012
I do wish the pitch range matched that of CDJs for consistency. No idea why they'd make this different.

Pioneer CDJ is 6%/10%/16%/Wide
Pioneer DDJ-SX is 8%/16%/50%

Adding to 1.0.1 wants list.
nik39 2:03 AM - 2 November, 2012
Is there any information about the resolution of the jog wheels as in number of ticks per revolution?
[O/][iii][O/] 2:31 AM - 2 November, 2012
Quote:
Is there any information about the resolution of the jog wheels as in number of ticks per revolution?

I haven't gone through the manual with a fine tooth comb, but a pretty good scan came up with nothing about what that spec may be.

Curious, has Pioneer ever offered up that kind of info? I Numark used at as major selling point during release on NS6, but don;t ever recall hearing about it before than or after on any other product by any other manufacturer.
[O/][iii][O/] 2:32 AM - 2 November, 2012
^^^ tons of phone typing typos - sorry
DjCity 1:31 PM - 4 November, 2012
Slightly off topic question for [O/][iii][O/]

Can you scratch with the mate vinyl on the platters of the NS6?

Is there any difference in performance with the mate vinyl on compared to original platter?

If you CAN scratch and the performance is the same with the mate vinyl on, WHERE do I get the
mate vinyl from?

Will this > www.craftcuts.com work?
DjCity 1:32 PM - 4 November, 2012
Damn spellcheck...

Meant to say matte
[O/][iii][O/] 4:10 PM - 4 November, 2012
Quote:
Slightly off topic question for [O/][iii][O/]

Can you scratch with the mate vinyl on the platters of the NS6?

Is there any difference in performance with the mate vinyl on compared to original platter?

If you CAN scratch and the performance is the same with the mate vinyl on, WHERE do I get the
mate vinyl from?

Will this > <a href="www.craftcuts.com title="www.craftcuts.com rel="nofollow" target="_blank">www.craftcuts.com</a> work?

Yes, you can scratch just fine on skinned NS6 platters. I find no performance difference at all between skinned and un-skinned. Looks a whole lot better skinned too IMO. i802.photobucket.com

Just posted this in other thread about the platters.

Quote:
After a few days now with the DDJ-SX, I think I prefer the NS6's platters. The DDJ-SX's are great and blow away even CDJ platters, I just like the action of the NS6's a little more. No big deal either way though. I also like being able to cover up the entire top surface of the NS6 platters with matte vinyl, which I'm not sure you can do with DDJ-SX platters - especially because of the light show thing in the middle of them.
DjCity 4:12 PM - 4 November, 2012
Where did you get your covers and will the ones that i posted the link to work?
[O/][iii][O/] 4:17 PM - 4 November, 2012
Quote:
Where did you get your covers and will the ones that i posted the link to work?

I had them computer cut at a local sign service shop that does vinyl sign, car wraps, etc. They are 5" diameter, high-grade, matte black and feel great. Bonus: NO NASTY FINGERPRINTS either!

Here's original thread about these: serato.com
StevenWayne 6:15 PM - 4 November, 2012
thanks for all the info iii. so overall, do you think it was a good idea to upgrade from your ns6 to the sx?
[O/][iii][O/] 6:28 PM - 4 November, 2012
Quote:
thanks for all the info iii. so overall, do you think it was a good idea to upgrade from your ns6 to the sx?

I wouldn't really consider the DDJ-SX an upgrade to the NS6. They both have strong +'s and -'s are pretty much equal IMO. Both top contenders currently available in the 4-channel controller market. Not sure yet which one I'm going to keep. Might even keep them both.

Just posted in another thread about this.

Quote:
Still going to give it some time to make final decision, but so far the only thing I'm really liking about the DDJ-SX over the NS6 is the individual channel meters. Other than that, I'm finding the areas of the NS6 to be either equal to the DDJ-SX or even better. This is a huge testament to how on the ball Numark has been with the whole controller market and shows how Pioneer is late to the game and now playing catchup.
Asu 6:31 PM - 4 November, 2012
Quote:
Jogs feel about the same on both (which is a good thing because other Pioneer controllers and CDJs feel horrible)

Are you telling me all the pros or Clubs that use CDJs+Pioneer mixers don't know what they're doin? e.g guys like Fatbody slim?? who moved to CDJs + Serato for that Vynl feel.

man you got some serious issues dude....i think if you don't like something, you should clearly state that...let us know it's your personal opinion...which you have a right to state.

Stop using words like "many" unless you have stats or names besides your few friends.Don't speak for the many...we never elected you.

I've seen your other comments and boy you're hard to please by any standards...at this rate you're probably doing more criticizing while ignoring brushing up on your DJ skills
StevenWayne 8:08 PM - 4 November, 2012
pioneer jog wheels on their cdjs do feel plasticy and loose
haze324 10:23 PM - 4 November, 2012
any other comparisons out there, because I've seen some used NS6's going for CHEAP right now. Im thinking the two major drawbacks are the volume meters and when the NS6 gets used with Serato DJ it won't have enough knobs to properly control the effects.
DJ Fez 10:29 PM - 4 November, 2012
i just played on both today. mixer section on the pioneer unit is better, the knobs have a better feel. the dedicated filters are great, they sound terrific using just a line in. volume meters are big, easy to see, and just what i was hoping for. cross fader feels good too. no idea what I would use those pads for, but the jog wheel feels good
[O/][iii][O/] 10:48 PM - 4 November, 2012
Oh no, not another one who doesn't read threads before posting lol.

Quote:
Quote:

Are you telling me all the pros or Clubs that use CDJs+Pioneer mixers don't know what they're doin? e.g guys like Fatbody slim?? who moved to CDJs + Serato for that Vynl feel.

Sorry Asu, not following you here buddy. What in the world does my comment about how the jogs feel on Pioneer CDJs and older controls you quoted have anything to do with pro DJs' and clubs' abilities, and what would lead you to believe I'm trying to tell you anything about whatever those abilities may be or not be? I simply stated that the jogs on CDJs and DDJ-S1/T1 feel horrible and that the jogs on the DDJ-SX feel good (like NS6 jogs feel good). Also, not sure who told you CDJs feel like vinyl, but they're wrong. CDJs feel nothing like vinyl. Perhaps if they had a torquey motorized platter with separate piece of slippable vinyl on top like NS7/V7 they would, but they don't. Anyway, it's Fatboy Slim, not Fatbody lol.

Quote:

man you got some serious issues dude....i think if you don't like something, you should clearly state that...let us know it's your personal opinion...which you have a right to state.

Of course I have issues, issues with many features, designs, materials etc., which is precisely why I post them here for manufacturers to read and hopeful consider as they develop new products. That's one of the great things about user forums in that they provide a two-way communication about these things.

Quote:
i think if you don't like something, you should clearly state that...let us know it's your personal opinion...which you have a right to state.

Well, gee, thanks Asu. Isn't that what I've been doing? Confused though as to why now seem to have problem with me doing just that though :-/

Quote:

Stop using words like "many" unless you have stats or names besides your few friends.

Perhaps you don't know the definition of the word "many", but it's used to express a number void of hard hard info like stats and names, which is precisely why I've used it. Here, take a looksie and learn: www.merriam-webster.com >>> man - adjective - \ˈme-nē\ 1: consisting of or amounting to a large but indefinite number

Quote:
Don't speak for the many...we never elected you.

I never do, only speak for myself and/or those I personally know. When I use the word many it's often as reference for what I've personally seen, not necessarily personal relationships (but sometimes yes even that too since I've been DJing for over twenty years and in the biz longer than that so you get to see/know a lot of people in that amount of time).

Quote:
I've seen your other comments and boy you're hard to please by any standards

Hey, what can I say. I want things how I want them. I'm also willing to spend the money to get what I want. Sharing ideas, opinions, commenting, etc. are all ways manufacturers learn what people like myself need and want in products.

Quote:
.at this rate you're probably doing more criticizing while ignoring brushing up on your DJ skills.

Skills are already pretty good, but never stop improving. Use them week in and week out professionally for decades now. Again, the purpose of critiquing is to hopefully get better products rom manufacturers. This sharing of likes/dislikes id one way they learn what to do/not do.

Hope this helps :-)
[O/][iii][O/] 10:50 PM - 4 November, 2012
Quote:
pioneer jog wheels on their cdjs do feel plasticy and loose

Agreed, and rough too like plastic grinding on plastic, not smooth and buttery like NS6/DDJ-SX jogs. Kudos Pioneer for stepping things up in this department. Hopefully whatever they've done on the DDJ-SX will makes it's way into the CDJ line.
[O/][iii][O/] 10:54 PM - 4 November, 2012
Quote:
Im thinking the two major drawbacks are the volume meters and when the NS6 gets used with Serato DJ it won't have enough knobs to properly control the effects.

Agreed. Something someone else pointed out here is that when the NS6 gets SDJ support you'll have individual channel meters in the GUI which will improve this point. Not the same as seeing level on the hardware, but at least you'll have reference.

Also, you'll be able to plug a separate MIDI controller and map it to access all the extra effects, SP6, etc.
nik39 11:54 PM - 4 November, 2012
Quote:

Stop using words like "many" unless you have stats or names besides your few friends.Don't speak for the many...we never elected you.

See that, oiio? ;) I told you.
[O/][iii][O/] 12:10 AM - 5 November, 2012
What I see is some people who do not understand the definition of the word "many" or recognize when it's being used properly.

What also see is people continuing to agree with me and offer good input on the subjects I'm bringing up.

Focus guys, focus :-)
haze324 12:29 AM - 5 November, 2012
I've seen two craigslist post for NS6's with case for 500 bucks. Not sure if they can be talked down even further, but that's pretty damn low.

I've had an NS7 (loved it), and a DDJ-S1 (not crazy about it), and now have a VCI-300 (my fav). I also have two 1200s and a DJM800 at home (never leaves the house). VCI is cool for mobile gigs, but not the most "pro" piece of gear out there.

I think many of the "cool" features of the SX are things I'd never use, slicer, pads, loop rolls, etc. But I do enjoy using filers on my DJM. Not sure if I'll jump on the DX just yet.
haze324 12:29 AM - 5 November, 2012
meant DDJ-SX above.
[O/][iii][O/] 1:11 AM - 5 November, 2012
Quote:
I've seen two craigslist post for NS6's with case for 500 bucks. Not sure if they can be talked down even further, but that's pretty damn low.

Wow, that is low. Those deals are for used kits I presume.
haze324 2:36 AM - 5 November, 2012
yeah used gear. Looks like guys selling to get the SX....... both of them (in pics) look hardly used.

I don't need any more gear, but at that price it's tempting!
bloo 3:45 AM - 5 November, 2012
Wow. I had this impression all along that the DDJ-SX jog wheels were bigger than the NS6's. Good comparison shots.

I've had the NS6 for over a year now and was seriously considering the DDJ-SX but after reading recent reviews here, youtube and blogs I may just hold off on that decision. I'm thinking of just pairing up the NS6 with a MIDI controller or an FX controller.

There are also plans from other companies to announce their new DJ controllers for Serato DJ at NAMM in January. If I was in the market to buy a DDJ-SX right now, I'd wait until early 2013 to see what everyone else has to offer.
the SOUNDINSURGENT 3:55 AM - 5 November, 2012
I say keep the NS6 and just add 2 Akai LPD8's and your good to go,

img89.imageshack.us

Quick hack job, lol!!
lvmez 3:59 AM - 5 November, 2012
I'm looking to buy a SX but I'll wait for someone to sell a used one cheap. Controllers don't hold there value.
bloo 4:30 AM - 5 November, 2012
Quote:
I say keep the NS6 and just add 2 Akai LPD8's and your good to go,

img89.imageshack.us

Quick hack job, lol!!

Exactly!

It would also be nice to see a successor to the Vestax VFX-1.
[O/][iii][O/] 9:00 PM - 7 November, 2012
-1 DDJ-SX for missing split cue.
+1 NS6 for having it.
bloo 10:04 PM - 7 November, 2012
Quote:
-1 DDJ-SX for missing split cue.
+1 NS6 for having it.

Isn't the split cue knob located under the booth monitor knob?
Konix 10:08 PM - 7 November, 2012
No, that's the cue/master mix knob.
pdidy 4:09 AM - 8 November, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

I dj with and provide dj gear to many established / highly skilled djs and I find It odd that they all prefer cdjs with no complaints. But on dj forums I regularly hear djs complain they feel horrible. Why is this ? My guess is......
1. They simply have not spent enough time on them. There is DEFINITELY a learning curve, took me about 1 week coming from tech 1200s and now its my preferred CD player as most established djs.

2. They are repeating info/rumor they heard on the internet and have no real life experience with them (pioneer CDJ's).

3. They claim they don't like the feel but the high price is the real issue.

4. They simply do like the feel after real usage.

In my personal experience most djs fall in 1-3. Very few are actually # 4.
StevenWayne 5:20 AM - 8 November, 2012
^ not really true. most djs, not all, but most, that have no complaint about pioneer cdjs don't come from a turntablist scratch background, so the feel of a cdj platter is acceptable for them. i was forced to learn how to use pioneer cdj1000s from a residency i landed, used them for about 6 months there, and i still feel they are plasticy to me.
ricardodlp 4:15 AM - 3 December, 2012
Controllers do go down in value because so many come into the market, but NS6 is still one of the best out there. Price has dropped a lot. The Pioneer looks pretty dope, but I don't see the need to upgrade. NS6 will go back up in value once Serato DJ is available for it.
Felonyruckus 6:08 AM - 3 December, 2012
Quote:
NS6 will go back up in value once Serato DJ is available for it.

I don't think it will EVER go up in value, the competition has put out a very viable contender to the NS6, I think the price drop is to keep it as a viable option to the competition but, it's also a way to move units to make room for Numark's answer to the DDJ-SX
Futuretek 5:47 PM - 3 December, 2012
The support for the NS6 was and still is horrible. I've been waiting for months for warranty work (Cue Button) and Macbooks still crash if the cable is plugged out before the program is closed. Functionally its still a great piece of gear but these are the reasons that I don't want any part of a Numark product again. Hope Pioneer does better in this department because I'm sure that we all can agree that Pro priced equipment should hold up and be supported at a certain standard.
Kristian Valdini 6:01 PM - 3 December, 2012
Quote:
No, that's the cue/master mix knob.

Essentially the same thing if just using two channels...

K
Professor.Tech 6:12 AM - 4 December, 2012
Quote:
Pro priced equipment should hold up and be supported at a certain standard.

real talk
Lude 3:34 AM - 5 January, 2013
Hello! I can get a refurbished NS6 for $550 or I could a new DDJ-SX for $1200; do any of you think the DDJ-SX is worth twice the money? Please let me know your reasoning if it's not too much of a hassle. Thanks for reading :)
DjCity 4:09 AM - 5 January, 2013
Get the NS6.

The DDJ-SX is not worth double the price.
lvmez 2:11 PM - 5 January, 2013
$1200? Shop around. You can do at least $300 better than that.
MusicDan 4:26 PM - 5 January, 2013
Lude 12:41 AM - 6 January, 2013
$1200 is in Canada after taxes. Where can I find it in the USA for $900? Cheapest I've seen is $999. I live fairly close to the border so I could make a trip if there's enough savings. Thanks!
spicaly 5:20 PM - 6 January, 2013
zzounds is where i bought mine for $776 shipped... you need to shop around
Qoolee Kid 6:34 PM - 6 January, 2013
Wait for a guitar center sale. $200 discount for purchases over $999. Take the discount to a place that price matches and has no tax and free shipping such as www.americanmusical.com.
Lude 8:16 PM - 6 January, 2013
Thanks for the tips; I don't see it on zzounds website but I'll try to wait for the next guitar center sale :)
DJKayce 4:50 AM - 7 January, 2013
MLK & Presidents day holidays r coming soon so watch out for big sales thru Guitar Center.
DJ TONJAH 12:46 PM - 8 January, 2013
Hello together,

just a short question in this open round. How can i add a LPD8 to the NS6 Setup. Like i know, maybe im wrong, the Serato Itch can`t be controlled using MIDI or i cant Train MIDI Commands to additional Hardware / my NS6.

I would like to Access the SP-6 to a Akai Controller. At the Moment my Setup is a NUMARK NS6 added by a Pioneer RMX-1000 - my best Setup ever :-)
raequan 4:37 PM - 9 January, 2013
Quote:
I think many of the "cool" features of the SX are things I'd never use, slicer, pads, loop rolls, etc. But I do enjoy using filers on my DJM. Not sure if I'll jump on the DX just yet.

i thought the same thing but the pads and the loop roll make things easier with the way its arranged in the SX...... i will show a vid soon of what i mean...... i did a djforums.com battle mix that i used the sx. i will replay the mix and show you folks the screen shots of how i made the mix.
Dave The One 1:35 AM - 10 January, 2013
Sold my NS6 for 800.00; took a 25.00 loss on it.

Bought my DDJ SX for 799.00 brand new, received it mid november; used a 200.00 coupon code.
I came out just fine in the end. Forget buying used.
pdidy 4:12 AM - 10 January, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

i thought the same thing but the pads and the loop roll make things easier with the way its arranged in the SX...... i will show a vid soon of what i mean...... i did a djforums.com battle mix that i used the sx. i will replay the mix and show you folks the screen shots of how i made the mix.

Video or it didnt happen ;)
Dave The One 5:48 PM - 10 January, 2013
Forget the comparison. MPC DJ comes out 1/24/2013

I believe it's going to be an ITB akai DJ live and production/remix program daw.

Numark just announced a revolution 1/24/13 www.numark.com

A competitor to Serato DJ, Traktor, Virtual Dj.

And shame on Serato; we've been asking for a mixtape feature for the longest via the bridge and as a request for serato dj!
dj-freestyle 6:11 PM - 10 January, 2013
@dave, i dont see anything new, im lost?
Dave The One 6:15 PM - 10 January, 2013
They had the concept design down last year along with conceptual software lol. My guess is that it's done. There is a clear announcement on their website about a dj revolution with the date of 1/24/13 and there is the video from last year explaining about the mpc dj hardware and software here youtu.be
Dave The One 6:15 PM - 10 January, 2013
They had the concept design down last year along with conceptual software lol. My guess is that it's done. There is a clear announcement on their website about a dj revolution with the date of 1/24/13 and there is the video from last year explaining about the mpc dj hardware and software here youtu.be
dj-freestyle 6:16 PM - 10 January, 2013
ya i saw the concept last year for the mpc. I just thought there was a new product on there alreay. Im guessing they drop a updated ns6. thats my bet
MusicDan 3:59 AM - 11 January, 2013
Or NS7 V2
DJ Rontech 5:53 PM - 17 September, 2013
DDJ sx is better than the NS6 I had both of them and I felt the difference in performance as well as in feeling the moment I started to use the DDJ SX .. point blank>>