Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Beatgridding Amazement!

CalVic 12:32 PM - 1 November, 2012
So, This is just more a praise then anything else,

I've been a user of Traktor, and Virtual DJ for sometime. I always used VDJ over Traktor, and my main genre I play is Hardstyle, Both products analysed the BPM correctly but 9 times out of 10 always failed to beat grid correctly, and I never sat down and beatgrided 2k+ tracks, But wasn't so much of an issue since I manual beat match anyhow.

So last night, I Installed Serato DJ ready for the delivery of my DDJ-SX from Pioneer, and while at it set it scan my Hardstyle collection, I come back to find that it mis-analysed every single track with being in the 75 - 78 BPM Region, I was disappointed to tell you the truth.

But then I googled, and a friend of mine said that I needed to set the BPM Range, So I did just that, and Re-analysed and voila! it detected all my tracks correctly, So I smiled..

I do have to be honest it actually scans pretty darn fast too!

So I went ahead and decided to drag a few tracks into the offline player, and to my amazement it beatgridded that track flawlessly, I thought it could be fluke. But no. I've listened to 40 or so tracks and every single one of them has been beatgridded correctly.

I am pretty surprised and very happy..

Way to go Serato!
elsupermang 1:20 PM - 1 November, 2012
Woot a convert!! Welcome to the dark side.
nik39 1:29 PM - 1 November, 2012
I agree.. the beatgrids are pretty accurate now. Better than on older Itch or SL versions.
Asu 5:49 PM - 1 November, 2012
Quote:
But then I googled, and a friend of mine said that I needed to set the BPM Range, So I did just that, and Re-analysed and voila! it detected all my tracks correctly, So I smiled..

I do have to be honest it actually scans pretty darn fast too!

So I went ahead and decided to drag a few tracks into the offline player, and to my amazement it beatgridded that track flawlessly, I thought it could be fluke. But no. I've listened to 40 or so tracks and every single one of them has been beatgridded correctly.

I am pretty surprised and very happy..

Way to go Serato!

You know, what i'll set the range and rescan my whole collection too...the few i had done were disappointing but if you say,settting the range make things better, then i'll try this out so i can have it done right

I can beatmatch too but sync free's you up to do alot more,fx and more if you have proper grids :-) christmas came early bro...
serkan 9:33 PM - 1 November, 2012
Nice to hear this?
Any words from Serato? Do they recommend to re-analyze?
dj-nice 11:14 PM - 1 November, 2012
i analyze some tracks. But Serato Dj had continued problems with acurate BPM. So it calculates 128,00 bpm and the first 1/2 looks good. Jumped to the last beats shows that the grid is a few frames offbeat. With adusting the grid got finally 128,01 BPM... or calculates 127.97 and after adjust the last beats "128". (look with doublec click in column 'BPM')

When i check these Files with MixMeister i always get acurate BPM
Sounds not as a big problem, but unadusted a sync sounds like VDJ ;-)
BadBoyChubs 11:24 PM - 1 November, 2012
Quote:
Nice to hear this?
Any words from Serato? Do they recommend to re-analyze?

It is not a must but I re-analyze some songs and got better beat grid and the autogain works better. i play some and the autogain didnt adhere to 92 and after i re-analyze the autogain worked better. even when i open itch i notice a difference!