Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

2nd midi controller

Product
Serato DJ Pro
Version
dont-know
Hardware
Pioneer DJ DDJ-SX
Computer
Mac
OS
Platform
-
DJ HANGLOOSE 2:59 AM - 1 November, 2012
Hi, my name is Bruce and just wanted to know if i would be able to midi map my Akai APC 40 to Serato Dj as a 2nd controller to gain full control.Best wishes...Thanks for your time.
Serato, Support
Scott S 3:17 AM - 1 November, 2012
Hi Bruce,

Yes you are able to MIDI map the APC 40 to paramaters in Serato DJ.
You can download the Serato DJ manual here > serato.com
MIDI control is on page 54 :)

Cheers
Nachkebia 6:59 AM - 1 November, 2012
Yeah but His question was if he could use his APC 40 midi controler with DDJ SX and not if he can map apc 50 to serato dj.
nik39 9:27 AM - 1 November, 2012
Quote:
Yeah but His question was if he could use his APC 40 midi controler with DDJ SX and not if he can map apc 50 to serato dj.

Actually... no. His question was explicitly whether he is able to use the APC 40 to Serato DJ as a 2nd controller, not as his primary sole controller (which does not work).
Nachkebia 9:33 AM - 1 November, 2012
Actually... no. His question was if he can use APC as a secondary controller while using DDJ SX as main controller, simultaneously, together.
LJ_WOOLSEY 10:19 AM - 1 November, 2012
^ what he asked got answered lol. Can he mido map it as a second controller yes!

What are you talking about???
nik39 10:20 AM - 1 November, 2012
lol. How is that different to what I wrote?
Asu 1:48 PM - 1 November, 2012
Quote:
Actually... no. His question was if he can use APC as a secondary controller while using DDJ SX as main controller, simultaneously, together.

Yes he can add another device while using the DDJ-SX simultaneously,that's one of the major selling points of serato DJ...this has lured some of us who turned to traktor back.

I'm sure more effects are in the works too :-)
jprime 4:19 PM - 1 November, 2012
Actually no. His Question was can he map the skanky leg to Jazzy Jeff.
DJ Splat 3:52 AM - 3 November, 2012
Wow!lol
9:00 PM, 18 Nov 2012
This help request has been closed due to inactivity.