Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Serato dj

Odyssey92 2:10 AM - 1 November, 2012
So is the serato dj available for free for the serato intro buyers??? should be??
FighteRanger 2:13 AM - 1 November, 2012
I am pretty sure intro users will have to wait till Winter for the first batch of intro controllers to become avaliable
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 2:16 AM - 1 November, 2012
Hey Odyssey,

Versions of Serato DJ to support Intro controllers with a payed upgrade will be available in a series of releases this coming Winter.

1.0 only supports the Pioneer DDJ-SX.

Sam.
BRhynO 2:29 AM - 1 November, 2012
Why do mixdeck users have to wait til December 2013
Odyssey92 2:34 AM - 1 November, 2012
Yeh cheers guys i have a vestax vci 400so looks like i have to wait.Its free for itch users right? but not intro users???
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 2:35 AM - 1 November, 2012
Because we have to develop support. Sorry it won't be available till then but we are working as fast as we can to release it!

Sam.
BRhynO 2:37 AM - 1 November, 2012
Well thank god I got a ns6 also, so hopefully that is out soon
Odyssey92 5:31 AM - 1 November, 2012
So do intro users have to pay?
pdidy 5:52 AM - 1 November, 2012
Quote:
So do intro users have to pay?

yes, owners of any Serato DJ Intro-compatible controller can upgrade to the new software (serato dj) for a fee of $199.
radikarl 11:55 AM - 1 November, 2012
Quote:

uhm. nobody said december 2013

winter 2013 means "early 2013"
so its only a few months away
gullum 1:22 PM - 1 November, 2012
here is the list of when for each controller soundcloud.com
gullum 1:23 PM - 1 November, 2012
ups wrong link serato.com

sorry
nik39 1:33 PM - 1 November, 2012
Quote:

Nice plug

:-P
gullum 1:39 PM - 1 November, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

Nice plug

:-P

I was editing my profile page at the same time so my soundcloud was in copy paste :(
nik39 1:42 PM - 1 November, 2012
All good ;)
BRhynO 2:50 PM - 1 November, 2012
OK .... Serato DJ for Mixdeck is in Jan 2013 :)
BRhynO 5:45 PM - 1 November, 2012
got DJ Intro, DJ and Itch on my macbook pro now .... can't wait til i can just have one installed

hurry and release DJ for other controllers
mr187 5:53 PM - 1 November, 2012
Quote:

you complaining about december us ns7 users have to wait to march or april
Odyssey92 12:01 AM - 6 November, 2012
Why is it free for itch users and not intro users??? buying a controller with two bits of software,which are both crap.And now i have to buy serato dj.I own SL1 ,and intro,and now i have to buy dj....not good....what was the point in intro really??
phatbob 12:25 AM - 6 November, 2012
Intro is very basic software for beginners to get a taste of DJing.

Now, if they want to upgrade to software with more advanced features, they have the option to do so without buying a whole new controller.

Sounds like a winner to me.

If you are not a beginner and you bought an Intro controller.... Well... That was your call.
mr187 8:18 PM - 19 December, 2012
also intro is a way to use controllers not licensed for use with Itch.
saNppa 7:55 AM - 27 December, 2012
You are not obligated to buy SeratoDJ. You buy it, if you want? Serato Itch users have paid already extra for the lisence when they bought the controller. DO I have to remind you, that Itch was first and Intro is the limited edition of that. Why did Serato do that? Maybe some hardware manufacturers didn't wanna pay for the support for Itch and wanted something lighter for the wallet.

I personally find most odd choise for Vestax to support Itch on VCI-300 but not on VCI-400. Putting two channer software to four channel hardware is ludacris. But I believe Vestax has made that choise. Please correct me, if I'm wrong.
pdidy 8:22 AM - 27 December, 2012
Quote:
I personally find most odd choise for Vestax to support Itch on VCI-300 but not on VCI-400. Putting two channer software to four channel hardware is ludacris. But I believe Vestax has made that choise. Please correct me, if I'm wrong.

yes this was all Vestax doing but many misinformed users still blame serato till today.