Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

SERATO DJ... WILL FIX OLDEST BUGS OR NOT???

RodrigoVolta 6:54 PM - 29 October, 2012
Hey staff! Serato DJ will fix:

- MasterTempo sound quality will be finally improved?
- Will fix Beatgrid and BPM detection algorythm?
- DDJ-S1 Pitch LEDs finally will work?
- Auto-Gain will work fine?
- FX improvements?

Cheer!
dj-nice 8:09 PM - 29 October, 2012
...will not crash with big databases?
serkan 8:14 PM - 29 October, 2012
Fix occasional audio drop outs?
I have them without stressing the CPU/RAM/SSD/whatsoever on a 2010 MacBook Pro.
RodrigoVolta 8:15 PM - 29 October, 2012
Quote:
...will not crash with big databases?

Me too!

+1
Serato, Support
Martin C 6:07 AM - 30 October, 2012
Hey RodrigoVolta,

I can say for sure that Auto Gain works well and the FX have been considerably improved.

Quote:
DDJ-S1 Pitch LEDs finally will work?

I couldn't be sure how these will work until we begin work on supporting the DDJ-S1 for Serato DJ, but believe me your ideas will be taken into consideration.

Quote:
MasterTempo sound quality will be finally improved?

I am not sure what you mean by MasterTempo?

Quote:
Will fix Beatgrid and BPM detection algorythm?

I wouldn't say at this stage the detection for Beatgrids and BPM have improved drastically, however its something we are always working on to improve and try and implement new methods to be more accurate in the future.
breakermixer 6:10 AM - 30 October, 2012
Quote:
I am not sure what you mean by MasterTempo?

He is talking about the Key Lock.
Serato, Support
Martin C 6:12 AM - 30 October, 2012
Ah right, no, there are no drastic improvements with keylock at this stage when compared to ITCH or Scratch Live, but its on the radar for sure.
breakermixer 6:14 AM - 30 October, 2012
Glad to hear this!
RodrigoVolta 7:50 PM - 30 October, 2012
Hello, Martin!

Quote:
I can say for sure that Auto Gain works well

No. Auto-Gain not is working well.

For the auto-gain work properly, I have to analyze all the songs with the function auto-bpm enabled. Otherwise it will not work!

Do a test for yourself:
1) - Take a any song that has never been examined by ITCH.
2) - Analyze the song with auto-bpm DISABLED.
3) - Enable auto-gain.
4) - Play the music. Note that the auto-gain is acting.
5) - Close ITCH and load it again.
6) - Play the same music on the deck. Note that the autogain is no longer working!

If you edit the BPM field outside ITCH (deleting or analyzing it with other software, for example) the auto-gain stop to work! It's something totally strange, since one thing has nothing to do with the other.

I've posted a ticket about this issue and one of the staff already detected the problem and said it was supposed to be fixed in version 2.2.2!

serato.com

Thanks.
Serato, Support
Martin C 9:27 PM - 30 October, 2012
Hey RodrigoVolta,

That may well be true for Serato ITCH, however your discussion thread is entitled "SERATO DJ.. WILL FIX OLDEST BUGS OR NOT???"

When I said Auto Gain is working well, I was referring to Serato DJ. You will be able to find out for yourself in 2 days when you can download the software to see if it is working to your satisfaction :)

Thanks.
RodrigoVolta 10:13 PM - 30 October, 2012
Quote:
Hey RodrigoVolta,

That may well be true for Serato ITCH, however your discussion thread is entitled "SERATO DJ.. WILL FIX OLDEST BUGS OR NOT???"

When I said Auto Gain is working well, I was referring to Serato DJ. You will be able to find out for yourself in 2 days when you can download the software to see if it is working to your satisfaction :)

Thanks.

ah, OK, sorry! I had not understood your answer and I ended up confusing me.

I would like to test yes. How do I download the software for the next two days? Is it a BETA version?

Thanks!
serkan 10:22 PM - 30 October, 2012
In 2 days - when Serato DJ is officially downloadable for the DDJ-SX.
I think it will be available to anyone so we can at least test the offline player.
Serato, Support
Martin C 10:24 PM - 30 October, 2012
Quote:
I think it will be available to anyone so we can at least test the offline player.

Correct, you could download the offline player and analyze files if you want to test the auto gain functionality in 2 days time. There was no public beta this time around.

You will need the DDJ-SX to give it a full thrashing though of course :)
RodrigoVolta 10:31 PM - 30 October, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

Correct, you could download the offline player and analyze files if you want to test the auto gain functionality in 2 days time. There was no public beta this time around.

You will need the DDJ-SX to give it a full thrashing though of course :)

OK. And when the final version for all users will be avaliable?
This version work in DDJ-SX only, correct?

Tks.
serkan 10:33 PM - 30 October, 2012
I will also need 1000 Euros so I'll stick with my Twitch and VCI-380 for now :)
Serato, Support
Martin C 10:34 PM - 30 October, 2012
In 2 days time, you will be able to download the offline player version of the software, but you will need a DDJ-SX in order to go online/connect and actually DJ with the software.

For you RodrigoVolta, the DDJ-S1 will be supported in Spring 2013: serato.com so this is when you can start using your existing hardware with the software.
RodrigoVolta 10:39 PM - 30 October, 2012
Quote:
For you RodrigoVolta, the DDJ-S1 will be supported in Spring 2013: serato.com so this is when you can start using your existing hardware with the software.

OK. And when would be spring of 2013? Should I consider the spring in New Zealand? What dates more precisely?

Sorry, but I'm anxious to try the new version in my controller... :-)
Serato, Support
Martin C 10:45 PM - 30 October, 2012
Spring 2013 Northern Hemisphere :)
RALSTON CHIN 5:41 PM - 26 March, 2016
Can't update Serato Dj since Windows 10..... HELP
Serato, Support
Martin C 7:29 AM - 28 March, 2016
Hey RALSTON CHIN,

The best way for you to get help is contact our support team here: support.serato.com describe the problem and they will respond to you as soon as possible :)