Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Support for the Denon DN-MC6000

cbergmiester 8:49 AM - 28 October, 2012
Will Serato ever support the Denon DN-MC6000 Controller?
This is one of the best controllers available but its limited to Traktor and VDJ only. I would love to be able to use Serato Itch with this.
Ragman 8:57 PM - 28 October, 2012
No
Ragman 8:58 PM - 28 October, 2012
That is if you mean Itch or Serato DJ (which u probably do since you're posting it here).
DJ Angel Suave Ortiz 8:36 PM - 8 November, 2012
Why not it supports the denon 2000. Very similar setup. Please explain In better detail than just "no". Many denon 6000 users have asked for support and both companies seem to not care on providing a logical explanation.
cbergmiester 8:44 PM - 8 November, 2012
I totally agree with DJ Angel Suave Ortiz...
I have asked questions in both Denon and Serato forums and no one can provide a logical explanation other than "No".
Ragman 9:42 PM - 8 November, 2012
Quote:
Why not it supports the denon 2000. Very similar setup. Please explain In better detail than just "no". Many denon 6000 users have asked for support and both companies seem to not care on providing a logical explanation.

Hardware companies build these controllers based on Serato's specification for 1:1 hardware/software relationship. The MC6000 was not built to run Itch.
haze324 2:36 AM - 9 November, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

Hardware companies build these controllers based on Serato's specification for 1:1 hardware/software relationship. The MC6000 was not built to run Itch.

Also it's not only up to Serato to "support" a controller. Each controller sold that uses Itch or Intro carries a Serato license that the manufacturer has already paid for.