Serato Software Feature Suggestions

What features would you like to see in Serato software?

BPM feature - OSX

Lady Jane DJ 12:44 AM - 11 December, 2005
Hello,

I am a Hip-Hop Dj from Seattle, WA. This last year I went to Maui for a gig and at the radio station they had a serto setup. I totally fell in love with it.

At the station on there setup(PC) they could have the bpm's from itunes show on the little jog wheel and in the music libray browser. It would be great if you could either add that feature to the OSX version or tell me how to enable it on my setup. Thank you much.

-Lady Jane DJ
soul 9:03 AM - 12 December, 2005
You need a BPM counter I use the one built in my mixer, a Denon DN-X 1500 or Cubase has one built into the program. Then in itunes right click on the song go to song info and enter in the BPM. The next time you use Serato it will showup automatically. Its not perfect some songs will be up to 4 BPM's different but think of it as a guide. You would want mixing to be to easy anyway.
soul 9:06 AM - 12 December, 2005
I meant you WOULDN'T want mixing to be to easy anyway. But its nice when you mix lots of different genre's of music as I do or if you have tons of songs.
djkenace 9:54 AM - 15 December, 2005
lady jane there is a manual tap bpm counter for itunes. its called "bpm inspector" you can find it on www.versiontracker.com, to view bpms in itunes go to Edit menu->view options then click on bpm. cool hope that helps a bit.
King Fader 6:55 AM - 3 January, 2006
Quote:
lady jane there is a manual tap bpm counter for itunes. its called "bpm inspector" you can find it on www.versiontracker.com, to view bpms in itunes go to Edit menu->view options then click on bpm. cool hope that helps a bit.

Bump that!!