Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

Does This Product only work with the Serato Mixers?

Product
Serato Video
Version
Hardware
Rane SL4
Host
Scratch Live
Version
Computer
Mac
OS
Platform
-
Ronsupreme 3:40 PM - 22 October, 2012
Video shows,but I can't get them to blend on the video output screen does this have to work with the serato mixers only? I see there is a fader controln on the screen it works, but not with my mixer I'm using a Denon 2 chn mixer
DjBoozie 5:19 PM - 22 October, 2012
you need a midi-mixer... If you Can't midi you fader then it's not going to work
Ronsupreme 2:13 AM - 23 October, 2012
Ok my next question is since i have to get a midi capable mixer for the serato video to work which one will have the mapping capability's (no and i'm not talking bout a thousand dollar rane either) I feel it's quite unfair they put out a product that seem to only work with one brand after spending a pretty penny on a SL4 the last thing I need is a thousand dollar mixer.
Will any USB capable mixer work?
DjBoozie 12:13 PM - 23 October, 2012
Well 1st of if I'm not mistaken there's a hot sue that will Auto transition your fader with the push of one keyboard button. But that's it..If your a scratch dj then your going to need a mixer with mappable fader. Yes any midi capable mixer will work. But I will tell you like this and not to say that your can't afford it but there are only a select number of mixer that are midi capable. the cheapest one that I know about is this one 123dj.com

you can get something like a Hercules controller that has a mappable fader but it won't do audio and video together so you'll have to fade both at the same time... Not that I want to direct you to another website but here's a list of mixer and controllers that will work serato but they're not cheap

Mixers reported working by MixEmergency users:

Denon DN-X600
Denon DN-X900 (when used with the DN-HC4500)
- Connects via 1/8" plug stereo cable to the DN-HC4500, which then connects to your computer via USB.
Denon DN-X1600
Denon DN-X1700
Denon MC6000

Ecler EVO 5
Ecler NUO 4

Korg Zero 4
Korg Zero 8

Numark NS6

Pioneer DJM 700
Pioneer DJM 800
Pioneer DJM 900 Nexus
Pioneer DJM 1000
Pioneer DJM 5000
Pioneer DJM T1
Pioneer SVM 1000

Rane MP26
Rane TTM 57SL

Rane Sixty-One
Rane Sixty-Two
Rane Sixty-Eight

Vestax PMC-05ProIV
Vestax VCI-380
Ronsupreme 2:00 PM - 23 October, 2012
Thanks Bro i was researching it last night and I did come across the Denon DN-X600 I think I will go with that unit. At this point technology has me by the balls. I love Denon products, I use the DN-HS5500 another great break thru, then discontinued. who knows. Thanks again Bro for your help.
DjBoozie 7:20 PM - 23 October, 2012
I know it works cause I use it before.. So Good luck
Serato, Support
Mak T 2:48 AM - 24 October, 2012
Hey Ronsupreme,

DjBoozie has great suggestions in terms of finding MIDI capable mixers. A Rane Mixer has a lot of advantages as well though, as it has advanced on board features such as SP6 sample triggering, Cue point triggering, onboard FX triggering, dedicated HPF LPF knobs etc.

However the ultimate decision is up to you :)

Good Luck :D
4:00 AM, 7 Nov 2012
This help request has been closed due to inactivity.