Serato Video General Discussion

Talk about Serato Video and Video-SL.

What is the best External Hard Drive to use when mixing video?

DJ Rozz 12:37 AM - 22 October, 2012
I just bought this one WD MY BOOK
www.storagereview.com

I also was looking at this one as well OWC ELITE
eshop.macsales.com

Let me know what you guys think.

Thanks, Rozz.
popnwave 1:31 AM - 22 October, 2012
Honestly I love everything I have bought from OWC, it costs a little more, but their customer service is great.
djnak 4:17 AM - 22 October, 2012
got 5 my books all have been solid
DJDaveOtt 5:29 AM - 22 October, 2012
I say it all the time and I'll say it again. You're only as safe as your last backup. All drives fail eventually, so back up your files. Search the forum for backup solutions
Code:E 1:00 AM - 23 October, 2012
Quote:

Punctuation would have made that much easier to read.
Dj Nyce 2:15 AM - 23 October, 2012
lord have mercy. roll your own. www.oyendigital.com

use drive of your choice.
djkurve 3:44 AM - 24 October, 2012
Quote:
I just bought this one WD MY BOOK
www.storagereview.com

I also was looking at this one as well OWC ELITE
eshop.macsales.com

Let me know what you guys think.

Thanks, Rozz.

+1 OWC
MAD_COWBOY 3:41 PM - 25 October, 2012
Quote:

Same here have 2 mac WD Hard Drives =)
BOOGIEFROMCUR 4:14 AM - 26 October, 2012
I run the 1 TB LaCie Rugged All-Terrain FireWire 800/FireWire 400/USB 2.0 Portable External Hard Drive and that one NEVER gave me any problems.
...besides that I have it formatted "ex-fat" so I don't have any problems working on a pc (loading it up using USB2.0) OR a Mac (playing live on my Macbook Pro 15" using firewire 800 and the "USB to minijack" power supply cable).
As mentioned it takes the power from my USB hub that I also use to connect my Pioneer 2000 to the Macbook Pro, the other USB on my MBP is for my SL4box.
I like the "rugged" style and the supposedly protective case as I feel the "traditional" externals are not well shock proof protected, spills etc protected and have rotating fans and external power supplies that will just make the wire mess in the booth more complicated.
Also the fact that theoretically you could also daisy chain through firewire 400 is an advantage but I never tried that before. By the way I am really pissed that the thunderbolt stuff never came out and Apple has really disappointed me in this matter. USB 3.0 has won that war...
BOOGIEFROMCUR 4:17 AM - 26 October, 2012
If I could start all over again buying and I would have plenty of money I would immediately go for a huge SSD. ...just believe me...they kick ass. both IN and OUT of the laptop.
BOOGIEFROMCUR 5:31 AM - 26 October, 2012
Quote:
lord have mercy. roll your own. www.oyendigital.com

use drive of your choice.

Yoo Nyce...As soon as they have a cheap 1TB 6 g SSD I think i am going to give this brand a try...