Serato Video General Discussion

Talk about Serato Video and Video-SL.

Need a mixer? Rane? Pioneer? Save your money and check this out

DJ TeeOh 10:32 AM - 9 October, 2012
I didn't want to spend a crap load on the 57 when it came out or even now that it's around $1k. I definitely refuse to pay for any of the 60 series mixers. I have seen djs get screw when their all-in-one mixer takes a dump on them. Then they are out a mixer AND serato interface.

So I found an alternative. Reloop IQ2 midi mixer. I was mad at 1st because the mixer crossfader was only midi OR audio, not bother at the same time. But a firmware upgrade solved that problem. Now I have a mixer that I wouldn't trade for a Rane. I've had it for almost a year now and used it all kinds of places. No issues yet and I keep my fingers crossed.

It has a crazy amount of inputs. It is usb too. EVERY SINGLE BUTTON AND KNOB IS MIDI MAPPABLE. The high, mid, and low EQs are amazing and there is an onboard FX unit. You can also program multiple maps for the mixer. Like if you use traktor, serato, or ableton then you can have a map for each one.

Not only that but it has a built in soundcard which comes in handy but was specifically made for Traktor (I hate that word, lol). Nevertheless, it's a great mixer. It was built by and for battle/scratch djs which I do alot of.

I've owned alot of mixers and this is honestly the best one I've had. Especially at a price that is ATLEAST half of the Pioneer and Rane mixers but have the same features + more.

Just thought everyone should have the information of knowing this is a great mixer.

Reloop IQ 2 Midi
lvmez 1:53 PM - 9 October, 2012
I would like to know how many DJ's on these forums that own or have owned 57's, have had the mixers take a "dump" on them?

Never for me.
djpuma_gemini 2:45 PM - 9 October, 2012
4 years strong on a 57
DJ TeeOh 3:32 PM - 9 October, 2012
I've repaired numerous. You can look at the forums on here and see how many have had issues. The faders and the pots mostly. If you haven't had one problem then you must take extremely good care and not use it in club type settings. Regardless, I just posted this for people who don't want to (or don't have) money to blow on a mixer like that. Especially if you already have a Serato interface.
djpuma_gemini 3:38 PM - 9 October, 2012
So it's a full on midi mixer?
djpuma_gemini 3:39 PM - 9 October, 2012
There's no xlr out
phatbob 4:15 PM - 9 October, 2012
Quote:
There's no xlr out

Just like the Rane 61 then... ;-)
DJ'Que 4:50 PM - 9 October, 2012
5 1/2 years on my 57 with no issue and I used it 4 to 5 times a week.

I hate when people cry about the price of a good quality mixer.

In that case djing ain't for you just find another hobby.

I went to riding dirtbikes and racing Pitbikes klx 110 2 fully custom bikes $20,000

That cost more to keep up than djing.

But with djing you should have a backup
Joshua Carl 5:05 PM - 9 October, 2012
Ive had the 52, the 54i, the 57, and the Empath, used the 2016 & the mp24 for years.
over 15 years of Rane products.

never had one issue, and i wouldnt trade and small dollar amount for customer service,
the sound quality, and performance that comes with any Rane Product.

also, as mentioned...if i showed up to certain gigs of mine without and XLR the sound tech would just tell me to go home....
skinnyguy 7:47 PM - 9 October, 2012
my 57 is still going strong.

does that have split cue?
djnak 8:50 PM - 9 October, 2012
5 years for 1 57 and 2yrs for the other never an issue...use multiple times a week

Quote:

also, as mentioned...if i showed up to certain gigs of mine without and XLR the sound tech would just tell me to go home....

I could just hear them now...wtf is this fisher price toy...
tomatoslice 12:07 AM - 10 October, 2012
on the same 57 since vsl dropped, no probs.
however, EVERY other one i have seen was broke in some way.
i think most people that don't own one just crush 57's. they really are made poorly imo.
XRM5 1:27 AM - 10 October, 2012
I was forced to buy my 57 to run VSL back before MIDI so we never truly clicked, though I admit it's an amazing mixer. I never forgave it for making me buy it, no matter how good the faders were.
I finally have it on Craigslist now.
DJ TeeOh 4:23 AM - 10 October, 2012
Quote:
5 1/2 years on my 57 with no issue and I used it 4 to 5 times a week.

I hate when people cry about the price of a good quality mixer.

In that case djing ain't for you just find another hobby.

I went to riding dirtbikes and racing Pitbikes klx 110 2 fully custom bikes $20,000

That cost more to keep up than djing.

But with djing you should have a backup

I've been djing for 9 years and I'm on tour in Japan right now. I've performed with headliner artists from the US and many other countries. I also battle and rock with some of the largest legends to ever be DJs. A few of which complimented this mixer. I don't need to ride dirtbikes and all that, I practice 2-6 hours a day in between college and studio sessions or performances. So just because YOU have no drive to find other products that work besides what popularity crams down your throat, you shouldn't down something else because you don't know about it. I've used all the Rane mixers and this one holds it's own.
DJ TeeOh 4:24 AM - 10 October, 2012
Quote:
There's no xlr out

I thought the same thing. You can use adapters if XLR is a must. Quarters send and receive the same signals.
DJ TeeOh 4:25 AM - 10 October, 2012
Quote:
So it's a full on midi mixer?

Yes, full midi.
DJ TeeOh 4:26 AM - 10 October, 2012
Quote:
my 57 is still going strong.

does that have split cue?

Yes
dj garcia 4:28 AM - 10 October, 2012
where can i find it in the US i don't see any link that would sell it!
DJ TeeOh 4:30 AM - 10 October, 2012
Quote:
on the same 57 since vsl dropped, no probs.
however, EVERY other one i have seen was broke in some way.
i think most people that don't own one just crush 57's. they really are made poorly imo.

I've owned a 57 but had issues with the pots and then the fader. Rane fixed them no problem but then the CB for the pots complete shorted out. It was after warranty so they wouldn't replace it.

I don't dislike the 57 mixer, I just wanted people who wanted an alternative to know this. If you love rane and the products then by all means go ahead. But some people can't afford it.

I bought this mixer after DJ Angelo (UK) suggested it. If anyone knows who he is then you know he's a beast. So anything he vouches for is good enough for me.
DJ TeeOh 4:33 AM - 10 October, 2012
Quote:
where can i find it in the US i don't see any link that would sell it!

There are Reloop dealers in America. I'm in Japan right now and had one sent here. I just called and asked them to send it.

www.reloop.com
dj garcia 4:40 AM - 10 October, 2012
Cool the one in California is very close to me but i don't see the IQ2 Midi, I will call tomorrow thanks for the info..
DJ TeeOh 4:45 AM - 10 October, 2012
Well, for all the people posting up here trying to belittle this mixer….you can kick rocks. No one is taking anything away from Rane. I simply wanted people, who don't have money like you, to know about an alternative. I got this mixer (as a backup) after suggestion from a great DJ (DJ Angelo *UK).

The customer service may not be the greatest compared to Rane, I don't know because I haven't had to use it. :)

If you are a regular club DJ or just do it as a hobby, then your input is not necessary. You can use a 57 every single day in your bedroom or studio and not have an issue. That also goes for many other mixers.

But when you start touring, traveling the world, setting up and tearing down…mixers develop issues. Which is why I bought this as a back up.

My rider contract specifically states 2- Technics 1200/1210 + Rane 57 mixer (or) Pioneer DJM 800. I use and like Rane products, but being a performance DJ/ turntablist (not a VDJ) my needs are different. The features of this mixer fit what I wanted.

So instead of trying to knock another brand, a real dj goes out and tests other products before giving opinions. Just because Rane is all you know doesn't mean there isn't other great products out there.
DJ TeeOh 4:46 AM - 10 October, 2012
Quote:
Cool the one in California is very close to me but i don't see the IQ2 Midi, I will call tomorrow thanks for the info..

No problem man. If you decide to order and have any questions about it let me know.
pdidy 8:50 AM - 10 October, 2012
DJ TeeOh , If your goal was to truly show us an "alternative" as you claim, Its probably not a good idea to start with shitting on the gear this forum supports. Making allegations like that wont make you well received nor was it required to get your point across. If the mixer is really as good as you say, then there's no reason to bash the competition because it will sell its self. Bad move on your part.....
Quote:
I bought this mixer after DJ Angelo (UK) suggested it. If anyone knows who he is then you know he's a beast. So anything he vouches for is good enough for me.

But doesn't he work for reloop an/or is sponsored by them. I didn't bother to check so I could be mistaken. If im correct , that may explain his reason for vouching for it.....just maybe.
Quote:
Well, for all the people posting up here trying to belittle this mixer….

Pot meet kettle.....
ok im done....lol
DJ TeeOh 8:58 AM - 10 October, 2012
Quote:
DJ TeeOh , If your goal was to truly show us an "alternative" as you claim, Its probably not a good idea to start with shitting on the gear this forum supports. Making allegations like that wont make you well received nor was it required to get your point across. If the mixer is really as good as you say, then there's no reason to bash the competition because it will sell its self. Bad move on your part.....
Quote:

But doesn't he work for reloop an/or is sponsored by them. I didn't bother to check so I could be mistaken. If im correct , that may explain his reason for vouching for it.....just maybe.
Quote:

Pot meet kettle.....
ok im done....lol

I clearly stated I like Rane products and that I wasn't saying they are bad. BUT fact is some people have had issues with them, including myself. All I said is there is an alternative to other midi mixers like Pioneer and Rane. How is it shitting on them by saying I use Rane products but got this as a back up? Maybe you only read what you wanted but I didn't say anything that isn't true.

"I've owned a 57 but had issues with the pots and then the fader. Rane fixed them no problem but then the CB for the pots complete shorted out. It was after warranty so they wouldn't replace it. I don't dislike the 57 mixer, I just wanted people who wanted an alternative to know this. If you love rane and the products then by all means go ahead. But some people can't afford it."

^^that is what I said. Just because this is a Rane forum means i can't post about anything else? Why not, there are thousands of posts about NI equipment and other mixers.

The 1st 57s had issues so they were addressed in the 2nd model. The 2nd model has less issues, but still some issues. All products will have issues when thoroughly tested. All I said is there is here's another mixer that may fit your needs.

DJ Angelo is sponsored by Reloop as well as a number of other well known djs. Just like the Rane company, when top notch djs endorse something then it's probably worth a look.
DJ TeeOh 9:09 AM - 10 October, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

Pot meet kettle.....
ok im done....lol

I'm positive you didn't buy your dj gear because you just knew what to get. I'm sure others influenced you and seeing other great djs on specific gear did too. No one goes out and buys some random, no name mixer with out checking the reviews and quality. Thats the exact reason all these people bought Rane and are now getting their panties in a wad.

If you don't like Reloop from experience fine, just like some people prefer Pioneer. Just like some don't like Rane. Does that mean it's bad, no it's personal preference. But i'll bet that out of everyone here I'm the only one to have used this mixer. So these comments trying to trash talk are irrelevant. If anyone doubts then try the mixer. If not, then you all can not speak because you don't KNOW.

This is my opinion and I put it here for whomever would like the information. Not so a bunch of d**k riders can try to act like their sh*t don't stink. Unless you are putting away a few grand a weekend djing or performing major venues and concerts, then I'm talking to you. If you aren't a dj that can out shine DJ Angelo, Qbert, or any other the other names putting it down then nobody needs your negative input. No real djs go around bashing other djs for what they use or how they use it. This is to help people GROW and know. If you aren't educating or learning then go somewhere else.
phatbob 9:46 AM - 10 October, 2012
As a video DJ I'm glad to see any new mixer on the market supporting fully midi-faders.

When VideoSL first dropped I was cash-strapped so no 57 for me.

Then when Serato opened it up to other mixers, I still couldn't afford a midi mixer, so I hacked the fader starts on my 707 to a foot-switch and a PadKontrol. Messy.

I then got a used NUO4, and eventually moved to a Pioneer when I finally went full-time as a DJ and had the money.

Could I have afforded one of these Reloops? Probably.

Some might disagree, but the way I see it, the more new video DJs that come through, the more what we do will become accepted in the industry, and the more opportunities we will have to share our exciting new craft.

So yes, I welcome any new midi mixer that comes to market, as long as it isn't crippled like the Behringer 4000.

Of course, the Reloop WAS crippled in terms of midi, so I'm glad they seem to have fixed that.

On a side note, does anyone know if the Begringer Nox 606 has fully functioning midi? That's VERY cheap and has the potential to be the cheapest video capable mixer out there...
DJ TeeOh 12:41 PM - 10 October, 2012
Really? Didn't know that. That's more info I can pass on. Thanks.
phatbob 1:58 PM - 10 October, 2012
It has midi faders but I have yet to find out if they actually send audio and midi simultaneously.

After the problems on the 4000, it's by no means certain.
DJ TeeOh 2:26 PM - 10 October, 2012
I contacted some gurus and researched it. The mixer has a midi on/off mode. It does not send midi and audio at the same time. You could plug into traktor or VDJ with the usb and control the internal mixer. The mixer is not fully midi but i'm not sure what parts are and aren't. Some buttons & knobs are dedicated so there is no switching them. A few solid companies reviewed it and said it's build decent but it's still a Berhinger so the longevity isn't any different than previous models.
DJ DisGrace 2:44 PM - 10 October, 2012
Quote:
It does not send midi and audio at the same time.

*untracking
DJ TeeOh 2:45 PM - 10 October, 2012
????
tomatoslice 11:26 PM - 10 October, 2012
if it can't send midi and audio at once then what is the point?
dj garcia 2:56 AM - 11 October, 2012
I think they are talking about the Berhinger. not the IQ2 Midi.
DJ TeeOh 3:26 AM - 11 October, 2012
yea that was the Berhinger he asked about. I don't know why they don't fix that. Reloop had that issue before so they made a new firmware to fix it.

The Reloop IQ2 midi acts just as the 57 does.
djpuma_gemini 12:30 AM - 12 October, 2012
Price?
DJ TeeOh 8:54 AM - 12 October, 2012
It's usually £306.67

which is around $490

I got mine new for $380 from a UK dealer. Got lucky.
DJ TeeOh 8:55 AM - 12 October, 2012
I'm doing a video and article review for a sponsor so i'll post the link when it's done so you can see how the mixer operates.
DouggyFresh 6:03 AM - 14 October, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
There's no xlr out

Just like the Rane 61 then... ;-)

Nothing that a decent unbalanced to XLR converter doesn't fix. I bought one for $35 on sale, it has gain controls on both channels.... Art Cleanbox Pro, 2 way RCA to unbalanced...
DouggyFresh 6:05 AM - 14 October, 2012
Oh and looking at the mixer, it has a balanced 1/4" outs, so that's a $10 pair of cables to fix that...
tomatoslice 3:51 PM - 14 October, 2012
quite true.
i just like everything built in and already carry enough cables.

oh well, first world problems.
the SOUNDINSURGENT 3:45 PM - 16 October, 2012
Here a video, nit showing to much but.......
Watchwww.youtube.com
DJ TeeOh 5:05 PM - 16 October, 2012
Thanks for the video link. I didn't know Flip did a vid for it yet. We were working on one. I guess I can do a detailed video as I planned though.
phatbob 5:28 PM - 16 October, 2012
I have to give respect to Reloop for updating the firmware and opening up video functionality on that mixer. I've never used their gear, but it's moves like that which will inspire confidence in a brand for me in the future.
DJ TeeOh 5:35 PM - 16 October, 2012
I felt the same way. Never used anything of theirs but when I was looking for a mixer but didn't want to spend $1400 on one, this was suggested to me. I figured for $500, it's Traktor ready, fully midi, and an onboard fx unit....it was worth a shot. If all else failed, I would just send it back. Well its months later and I'm content with it. I will order another one for the studio.
the SOUNDINSURGENT 6:13 PM - 16 October, 2012
Only down side I see is it not having the buttons down each side, that's telling me there must be a shift button which I don't really like but it is affordable and sounds clean.
DJ TeeOh 7:52 PM - 16 October, 2012
Ah, you mean for the cues on each deck. I use them for the onboard fx which are really dope. Also works good for the sample player. I can see where that would be a pain though. I also use the Traktor X1 with this mixer so the 2 cover all my needs.
DouggyFresh 10:44 PM - 16 October, 2012
Where do you order this in the US?
dj garcia 1:28 AM - 17 October, 2012
Quote:

This i still can't find a place here in the US.
DJ DisGrace 1:38 AM - 17 October, 2012
No Canadian dealer it would appear...

www.facebook.com

need to order from US
www.reloop.com
the SOUNDINSURGENT 3:55 PM - 17 October, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

The only place that it showed was "Hollywood Dj" but when I went to their site they didn't have the mixer so I'll assume it would have to be a special order I guess......
dj garcia 5:10 PM - 17 October, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

The only place that it showed was "Hollywood Dj" but when I went to their site they didn't have the mixer so I'll assume it would have to be a special order I guess......

I called and they don't sell it.
DJ DisGrace 5:24 PM - 17 October, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

If you pick US in the country menu, a ton of stores show up.... some of you guys don't try very hard lol

RELOOP USA
Mixware LLC
7421 Laurel Canyon Blvd. Unit 14
CA 91605 - Los Angeles
T: +1 786 3625757
www.mixware.net
Please contact for local US dealers.
GUITAR CENTER INC.
P.O. Box 4769
CA 91359 - Westlake Village
T: +1 866 4987882
www.guitarcenter.com
Please contact for local stores.
HOLLYWOOD DJ
931 East 11th Street
CA 90021 - Los Angeles
T: +1 800 7004542
www.hollywooddj.com
EIGHTH STREET MUSIC INC.
7815 Airport Highway
NJ 08109 - Pennsauken
T: +1 856 6620800
www.8thstreet.com
AMERICAN MUSICAL SUPPLY INC.
P.O. Box 152
MN 56288 - Spicer
T: +1 800 4584076
www.americanmusical.com
B & H FOTO & ELECTRONICS CORP.
420 9th Avenue
NY 10001 - New York
T: +1 800 606 6969
www.bhphotovideo.com
DJCITY INC.
4041 Sepulveda Blvd
CA 90230 - Culver City
T: +1 855 3352489
www.djcity.com
MUSICIANS FRIEND INC.
PO Box 7479
CA 91359 - Westlake Village
T: +1 800 4499128
www.musiciansfriend.com
CREATIVE SOUND & LIGHTING SYSTEMS
46-003 Alola St.
HI 96744 - Kaneohe
T: +1 808 2362766
www.creativesoundhawaii.com
DJDEALS.COM INC.
156 College Street
VT 05401 - Burlington
www.djdeals.com
EATMYBEATS INC.
1020 15th Street
AL 35401 - Tuscaloosa
T: +1 877 3286923
www.eatmybeats.com
MC AUDIO
515 University Avenue
WI 53703 - Madison
T: +1 608 2517746
mc-audio.com
WASHINGTON MUSIC CENTER
11151 Veirs Mill Road
MD 20902 - Wheaton
T: +1 301 9468808
www.wmcworld.com
GROOVEMANMUSIC INC.
1543 Washington Avenue
FL 33139 - Miami Beach
T: +1 305 5356257
groovemanmusic.com
PRO AUDIO & LIGHTING
3842 E 13 Mile
MI 48092 - Warren
T: +1 586 5820871
www.proaal.com
BEATLAB INC.
700 Cleburne Terrace
GA 30306 - Atlanta
www.beatlabusa.com
JIREH SUPPLIES INC.
117 Buford Drive
GA 30046 - Lawrenceville
T: +1 800 4782591
www.jirehsupplies.com
KEN STANTON MUSIC INC.
119 Cobb Parkway N Suite A
GA 30062 - Marietta
T: +1 770 4272491
kenstanton.net
MINIMAX ELECTRONICS INC.
2201 S. Union
IL 60616 - Chicago
T: +1 312 8466192
www.123dj.com
MIDWEST PRO SOUND & LIGHTING INC.
1613 West Belmont Avenue
IL 60657 - Chicago
T: +1 773 975425
www.midweststereo.com
TURNTABLE LAB HQ
20 Jay St. #1013
NY 11201 - Brooklyn
T: +1 212 677067
turntablelab.com
ROCK AND SOUL
462 7th Avenue Ground Floor
NY 10018 - New York
T: +1 212 6953953
www.rockandsoul.com
MUSIC TRENDS INC.
2947 Hempstead Turnpike
NY 11756 - Levittown
T: +1 516 7967755
www.musictrends.com
I DJ NOW
1015 Sunrise Highway
NY 11704 - West Babylon
T: +1 800 3557746
hhtp.//www.idjnow.com
VIP PRO AUDIO
215 Conklin Avenue
NY 11236 - Brooklyn
T: +1 718 2727228
www.vipprodj.com
PLATINUM RECORDS
104 SW 2nd Avenue
OR 97204 - Portland
T: +1 503 2229166
www.platinum-records.com
LOGO AUDIO VIDEO MUSIC
2890 West Sam Houston Parkway South
TX 77042 - Houston
T: +1 800 2027502
www.logoav.com
PERFORMANCE AUDIO LLC
2456 S West Temple
UT 84115 - Salt Lake City
T: +1 800 7718330
www.performanceaudio.com
the SOUNDINSURGENT 6:24 PM - 17 October, 2012
No need to be a dick bro, all I did was hit the find a dealer button and the world map popped up and the only one highlighted was Hollywood Dj, dam sorry for trying.....
DJ DisGrace 6:27 PM - 17 October, 2012
Quote:
No need to be a dick bro

I thought adding "lol" made it less derogatory :P
the SOUNDINSURGENT 7:13 PM - 17 October, 2012
OK I'll take that, I apologize.
dj garcia 8:15 PM - 17 October, 2012
Haha! i checked all those stores and none sell this mixer.
DJ TeeOh 7:10 AM - 18 October, 2012
I called Reloop HQ. Only a few US stores have them. You can special order them though. I guess I got lucky when I ordered mine cuz they already had one.
the SOUNDINSURGENT 1:27 PM - 18 October, 2012
By any chance did they tell you what stores they were??
DJ TeeOh 2:10 PM - 18 October, 2012
He just said if I want that particular item to have the store order it.
the SOUNDINSURGENT 5:23 PM - 18 October, 2012
Cool and Thanks for all the info.....
lvmez 5:33 PM - 18 October, 2012
Why is no one carrying a mixer that is supposedly so good?
DJ TeeOh 12:18 AM - 19 October, 2012
It was released only in the UK where Reloop is based. Alot of DJs there love their products which is how I found out about this mixer.

Reloop has given licenses to a number of shops. At first they only sold headphones. Then controllers. Now a few have the mixers on hand. The marketing strategy is to get people interested and liking the products before sending out a bunch of expensive mixers that will cost alot for importation, shipping, and taxes.

Europe is very different when it comes do music gear. i've seen some crazy controllers and dj software (like SPIN+) which alot of DJs there use. I live in Japan right now and there are ZERO companies that market dj gear out here. The djs here live in the past. So when I bust out a new controller or new serato vinyls or Ableton, they are like WTF!!!

To get a Maschine out here I went thru so much crap. There are no shops here that you can just go to and buy. Everything is special order. Need Shure M44-7s? Order. And since most of the stores don't have licenses to sell those products, you might as well order yourself….if you can get it thru customs. lol. Customs is a big reason why alot of companies only sell locally. Import tax, international selling licenses, etc.

All I'm saying is there are great products that never make it farther than their front door or own town. That may be marketing choice or because people like to stick to what they know. I went out on a limb trying it out. I figured if i sucks I will just send it back.
the SOUNDINSURGENT 3:28 AM - 19 October, 2012
Since your in Japan which is where this company is from (I think) , have you peeped out one of these mixers yet, www.voxoa-pro.com
If so thoughts, if you haven't do you think you could??
DJ TeeOh 3:43 AM - 19 October, 2012
That is a China based company. Mixer looks interesting though.
dj garcia 4:02 AM - 19 October, 2012
Hey DJ TeeOh when you going to make a video of the mixer..
DJ TeeOh 6:10 AM - 19 October, 2012
Working on it tonight. I've gotta do 3 videos today.
BOOGIEFROMCUR 5:15 AM - 26 October, 2012
although this may sound strange... I try to just stick to work with the mixer that most DeeJays (just audio mixing) require on their rider which in this case is usually the pioneer 900 nexus combined with three pioneer 2000's. I know that there's a lot of fantastic kind of mixers out there but other Deejays are afraid to touch them and party producers just can't get a mixer and other gear separately for everybody in the booth.
The pioneer 900 nexus mixer is working perfect for me (especially for video mixing) because of the USB to MIDI function. Plug in the USB cable on top of the mixer to my USB hub combined with the USB's out from the pioneer 2000's (HID mode) plug in my Macbook Pro , press midi on and thats it...
I hate to say this, it's a "pioneer" show around here and who am I to try to change it buying other brand mixer when I know that in most cases I am going to get a pioneer set-up in the booth anyway?
DouggyFresh 6:28 AM - 26 October, 2012
Quote:
although this may sound strange... I try to just stick to work with the mixer that most DeeJays (just audio mixing) require on their rider which in this case is usually the pioneer 900 nexus combined with three pioneer 2000's.

Depends if you're in the business of providing equipment to other DJs...
DJ TeeOh 6:50 AM - 26 October, 2012
I love the 909 and my rider says the 909 or 57.

I think it's important that DJs know all the major mixers. 909, 57, 62, 68, DJM800, PMC, etc.

However, for home use I didn't want to spend $1200+ for a mixer. I actually just bought a 2nd Reloop mixer. For $300 and free shipping, I couldn't resist.
Alixx J 10:38 AM - 26 October, 2012
Good to know that reloop are upping their game, I've only ever bought headphones from them, which were horrific in both sound and construction, sent them straight back.
DJ TeeOh 12:06 PM - 26 October, 2012
Agreed. I don't know why anyone would sell some crap like that. They do have some higher end stuff that is dope but they put out crappy $40 headphones so no one bothers to look further.
evillevi 7:16 AM - 27 October, 2012
Hey Teeoh, is it possible with this mixer to connect 2 CDJs and 2 turntables, and then use Serato timecode (if you have the complete dvs system of course) on the CDJs and switch to regular audio CDs (if the laptop fails for some reason, backup system...)?

I own two technics, two pioneers and the traktor dvs system, but I'm about to switch to Serato and sell my traktor package. I would love to connect all my gear and be able to switch from CD or vinyl to timecode (CD or vinyl). Would I need a 4 channel mixer to achieve that, or not?

I'll be in a huge DJ shop most of the time today, so I'll check this thread again this afternoon, hope you can help me out. Cheers
DJ TeeOh 9:17 AM - 27 October, 2012
You don't need a 4 channel mixer to run 2 setups. 4 channel would be if you want to use all 4 at the same time.

Each channel has RCA phono and line inputs. In my tour setup, I have 2 CDJs into the LINES and 2 technics (with Serato) into the PHONO inputs.

With this mixer each channel has a selector switch for the following modes:

Line1/Phono 1
Line 2/Phono 2
CD1
CD2
Midi 1
Midi 2
USB 1
USB 2
AUX

In the Serato software there is a "THRU" button by each deck. Just click it and you can play CDs.
evillevi 7:27 PM - 27 October, 2012
Thanks Teeoh! I'm glad to know this mixer is capable of doing all I want.
I did not buy this one today, however. I needed a compact setup for home use, and I ordered the pioneer ddi sx midi controller (also standalone mixer) which comes with serato dj software (+ free video plugin) for just 911 euros (got 7.5 percent reduction) !

Some day I might consider buying the reloop mixer for other uses, so I'm very grateful for your valuable information that you shared here. Thanks, pal.
the SOUNDINSURGENT 3:05 PM - 23 November, 2012
Found this video, m.youtube.com
might grab one of these plus the led feedback is nice.....
amphidelic 6:18 PM - 24 November, 2012
No BOOTH OUTPUT?
No AUX OUTPUT?

Even if the 1/4" outputs ARE balanced, I can get by without AUX OUT, but not without BOOTH OUT on the same unit.

Next...
DJ TeeOh 7:35 PM - 24 November, 2012
Which mixer are you talking about?
the SOUNDINSURGENT 8:02 PM - 24 November, 2012
Probably the Reloop....
DJ TeeOh 3:18 AM - 25 November, 2012
Well the Reloop has master out, aux, and 1/4. I have my booth monitors on the 1/4 and the aux to record my sets.
DJ TeeOh 3:25 AM - 25 November, 2012
But if you are running a club or venue set up that requires monitors, chances are the main mixing board already has those linked in. So really makes no sense to have a Booth output.
DJ DisGrace 3:42 AM - 25 November, 2012
Quote:
But if you are running a club or venue set up that requires monitors, chances are the main mixing board already has those linked in. So really makes no sense to have a Booth output.

I have only ever played at one club where the dj mixer didn't control the booth output. No separate booth control is a deal-breaker.

And... every club or venue "requires monitors"
Niro 4:36 AM - 25 November, 2012
I've played at many clubs that don't have monitors. I actually prefer not to have a monitor and if there is one, I usually face it towards the crowd or away from me. But I understand people that use them, just sayin.
DJ TeeOh 6:49 AM - 25 November, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

I have only ever played at one club where the dj mixer didn't control the booth output. No separate booth control is a deal-breaker.

And... every club or venue "requires monitors"

Really? Because I've dj'd in Vegas, Cali, Atlanta, VA, NY, London, Taiwan, Thailand, and I'm in Japan right now. No need to name drop artists. I have been to MANY clubs that the monitors are controlled by the sound engineer. I have DJ'd in clubs where the monitors come from the DJs mixer but that is usually in closed booths and clubs that fit less than 1000 people. In a professional venue or live sound stage, the sound is always controlled by a sound station located somewhere in the middle or back of the venue.

DJs who have monitors in large venues tend to keep cranking the monitors up as the event goes on. Your ears get comfortable and the loudness dulls. It distorts and that causes the master sound to get pushed up OR in venues where crowds are close enough, the monitors become part of the projected sound. I've even heard it so much that the monitors are cutting through the projected sound and makes a nasty echo. THAT is why sound engineers control all the sound.

Argue if you want, but this is what I do on a daily basis. It's what I have a degree for and any dj who has played at any respectable venue will say the same thing.
DJ TeeOh 6:55 AM - 25 November, 2012
Regardless, as I said. The Reloop has a master, aux, and 1/4. So if you need monitors like I have my house KRKs. The 1/4 does just fine. If you are in a club that has a big enough system that you need monitors, i'm positive they will already be on hand and controlled by a sound tech.

If the dj booth is isolated or sound dampened and not acoustically tuned, the idiot who built that booth should be shot. If you are a DJ that plays in places like tha (probably with less than 1000 people) it's all irrelevant anyway. The need for monitors is mostly not needed and they can't afford a sound booth or tech.
DJ TeeOh 7:07 AM - 25 November, 2012
And NO every club and event does NOT require monitors. There are clubs that the sound system is parallel, behind, on close enough that the delay does not cause a mixing issue. So monitors are not needed.

When you dj for 2k people and more….the sound engineer will control every single speaker, instrument, and mic in that place. Period. You cannot tell me that isn't true if you are a real dj that does more than local bars and small clubs.

Oh and that is also what headphones are for. Unless you are an EDM dj then they aren't needed. lol
DJ DisGrace 1:22 PM - 25 November, 2012
Cool stories, bro. Since you are such a rock start and play the most awesome clubs, why do you need such a third rate mixer?
lvmez 1:46 PM - 25 November, 2012
Quote:
Really? Because I've dj'd in Vegas, Cali, Atlanta, VA, NY, London, Taiwan, Thailand, and I'm in Japan right now. No need to name drop artists..

you might as well drop names, you keep mentioning every place you've dj'ed.

Quote:
Cool stories, bro. Since you are such a rock start and play the most awesome clubs, why do you need such a third rate mixer?

+1
DJ TeeOh 1:51 PM - 25 November, 2012
I don't need a 3rd rate mixer. This was suggested by DJ Flip….3 time IDA champion…and DJ Angelo…a good friend, great dj, and a scratch God.

I was talking about buying a new 57 so I could have a mixer in the lab for videos. I never needed a video mixer since I battle and didn't do videos before. Since I picked up VJing, I needed a midi mixer. They both were like save your money and check this out.

SO I did and it's well above a 3rd rate mixer. Just because you don't know of it in the states doesn't mean it's not top quality.

In fact, it is one of the top companies all over Europe and Asia.

So you can knock it if you want, but you have no idea what it can do.
DJ TeeOh 2:09 PM - 25 November, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
Really? Because I've dj'd in Vegas, Cali, Atlanta, VA, NY, London, Taiwan, Thailand, and I'm in Japan right now. No need to name drop artists..

you might as well drop names, you keep mentioning every place you've dj'ed.

Quote:

+1

"There is no shame is talking about where you've been. It's about where you are going. Sometimes those names, get you farther and without that extra inch you could be out in the cold. Name dropping is a term that comes from people who do nothing and have nothing to offer. But when you have a gift….a talent…and you can walk the walk, that becomes a resume. I consider myself very accomplished and I'm proud to talk about it." >> Straight from the mouth of Jazzy Jeff.

Mentioning the cities I've been to is not like named dropping. Where have you been? Because if you DO more than just local spots (or in your case trolling) and actually get out to perform large venues, then you would know what I said is true. Yet instead you try to jump in a instigate something.

This post is for DJs who (local or not) can check out an alternative solution to all the high dollar mixers and still get the quality + functionality.

You want to blow your lunch money on a Rane 60 series then go ahead. There are some people who'd rather save the money but still get what they need. i don't make bookoo money as a DJ but even if I did, dropping $2400 on a mixer is ridiculous.

And since you want names: Tyga (YMCMB), Snoop Dogg, Rolls Royce, Fabo, Lulu, Lil Jon, DJ QBert, D-Styles, DJ Ohmz, Solid Elements, Yung Polo, DJ Webstar, Ace Hood, New Boyz.
DJ TeeOh 2:13 PM - 25 November, 2012
SO to all the idiots who rather try and talk trash on a piece of gear they have never used….

Piss off.

You don't want to check it out then don't. No one needs your negative input on anything. So either offer another cheaper but quality alternative that stands up to the Pioneer & Rane mixers…or kick rocks.
DJ DisGrace 2:23 PM - 25 November, 2012
Quote:
who'd rather save the money but still get what they need

That's the point, we need booth out control.

Quote:
Because if you DO more than just local spots (or in your case trolling) and actually get out to perform large venues, then you would know what I said is true.

No, I have played plenty of large venues. When the sound guy is competent, the booth out from the mixer is run to it's own channel on the house mixer, and a separate monitor feed is sent to the stage. That way the dj has control, and the sound guy has control. I was also a sound guy for many years, doing big shows. So don't go there.

Quote:
And since you want names: Tyga (YMCMB), Snoop Dogg, Rolls Royce, Fabo, Lulu, Lil Jon, DJ QBert, D-Styles, DJ Ohmz, Solid Elements, Yung Polo, DJ Webstar, Ace Hood, New Boyz.

That's a pretty weak list considering the way you come off on this thread. My sub-1000-capacity club resume looks better than this.

Bottom line is this. You suggested a cheaper alternative to some of the mixers out there for video mixing. Some of came back and said it lacks a booth out, which is a deal-breaker. You fired back and said we are chumps for not touring the world and playing super awesome clubs with super awesome sound systems and sound engineers. Then you name dropped a mediocre list of names.
phatbob 6:19 PM - 25 November, 2012
Quote:
In fact, it is one of the top companies all over Europe and Asia.

I'm not getting into the rest of your argument (although every top-flight club I've ever played in or visited allows the DJ to control their own monitors, and every tech rider I've ever seen stipulates it), but lets be clear, nowhere in the world is Reloop a premium brand.

They're just another OEM like Stanton (today) or Citronic. If some guy in a generic Chinese factory doesn't invent it, Reloop don't sell it.
DJ DisGrace 8:20 PM - 25 November, 2012
Quote:
nowhere in the world is Reloop a premium brand

not even here?
cdn.theatlantic.com
phatbob 9:50 PM - 25 November, 2012
LOL

I'm gonna have to watch that again...
Cutwerk 3:01 AM - 26 November, 2012
Anyone know if the mixer's own effects are pre or post fader when assigned to an individual channel?
Ben_Binary 6:48 AM - 26 November, 2012
I LOVE my 57 Mixer but the Channel faders have been nothing but trouble for me :(

Always having to use Deoxit on them so they dont stick... and It never leaves the studio.
4 Years old and the faders been acting like a granny for over 3 years. They just get stuck like theyre catching on something which passable for studio work but a nogo for cutting it up.

Starting to get over it as its messing up my performance recordings of The Bridge sessions so I gotta find replacement parts here in Australia but $200 plus shipping is a lot but I guess it will save me on deoxit bottles LOL
Niro 3:46 PM - 26 November, 2012
There's probably a lot of build up on the rails of your fader and/or the tension spring is too tight and scraping away any of the lube. The best thing to do is to Clean your fader with Deoxit, actually take faders of the mixer and remove the Tension spring (Just be mindful of replugging them back in.) It's a contactless fader, so you don't need new parts.
Joshua Carl 4:34 PM - 26 November, 2012
i removed my spring completely... complete butter.
Joshua Carl 5:45 PM - 26 November, 2012
I went back and read this a bit closer...

I have to echo the opinions of quite a few guys.
there is good reason why the "industry standard" performance mixers have XLR balanced
, as well as 1/4 balanced out...

but at the end of the day, none of that matters.
what is good for one DJ in NEVER EVER right for the next DJ.
personally Ive never in my career played a club where the DJ didnt have independant
control of the both volume... matter of fact Ive seen in countless riders that its demanded
for the performance artists...
and where we are MOSTLY...AGAIN MOSTLY talking about CLUB DJs, Performance DJs, Mobile DJs.... DJs who need to constantly interact with Clients, Owners, promoters, patrons... and NOT having the ability to instantly drop you booth monitors is crucial.

its great for companies to push the boundries of the "standard" but there are certain things that a must for the list of DJs i mentioned above.
whats good for me, isnt good for everyone else.... and that idealogy works across the board.
Niro 11:13 PM - 26 November, 2012
^^ agreed. The new Rane mixers eliminate the tension springs. I actually prefer a little tension. It keeps my fingers strong and able to handle a majority of different cross faders. It's funny, but true.
DJMark 11:39 PM - 26 November, 2012
Not that other brands besides "the majors" aren't worth considering...

...but if you're bringing in some "unknown", "lesser" or "cheaper" brand mixer to a good-sized event, you're risking looking like a real idiot if it takes a crap during the night.

The "cheaper" mixers are less expensive due to:

1) Lack of reputation for the brand

2) manufacture by cheap labor

3) use of lower-spec (cheaper) parts

4) skimping on debugging/quality-control (both in design and manufacturing phases)

5) skimping on customer support

I totally get why a DJ just starting out and doing house parties or whatever can justify that risk and needs to conserve expenditures. But for big events the risk just seems stupid.
Joshua Carl 1:05 AM - 27 November, 2012
well, unless they were SPONSORING you or you had a pre-existing relationship/interest in the company...

but other than that.
DouggyFresh 1:46 AM - 27 November, 2012
Really, balanced outs are completely negated by the fact an appropriate RCA/unbalanced converter box (ART makes them) can be had for less than $40, and give you the ability to do ground lift, level attenuation (important if your balanced outs are going into a MIC-level channel rather than a LINE level channel), adjust gain and more. Having ground lift ability alone can make your night go from nasty buzz to no buzz at all with one button push. Don't see that on $1500 mixers...
Joshua Carl 2:00 AM - 27 November, 2012
www.cctvforum.com
or one of these on your mixer for 2.99... and dont take up all that room in your backpack.

bad ground loops, going into the wrong type of channel on a mixer...
these are all issues posed BY THE VENUE, or the sound company.

to imply that a mixer is either better or worse because it is or isnt outfitted for installation
curveballs is kinda grasping for straws.

theres an adapter, converter, modifier, augmenter, lifter for everything these days.
the idea is you plug in your decks, you plug in your mixer. you go.
who wants to deal with a bunch of workarounds... 2 more cables to bring, another power source to worry about (in some cases)
DJ TeeOh 2:35 PM - 29 November, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
who'd rather save the money but still get what they need

That's the point, we need booth out control.

Quote:
Because if you DO more than just local spots (or in your case trolling) and actually get out to perform large venues, then you would know what I said is true.

No, I have played plenty of large venues. When the sound guy is competent, the booth out from the mixer is run to it's own channel on the house mixer, and a separate monitor feed is sent to the stage. That way the dj has control, and the sound guy has control. I was also a sound guy for many years, doing big shows. So don't go there.

Quote:

That's a pretty weak list considering the way you come off on this thread. My sub-1000-capacity club resume looks better than this.

Bottom line is this. You suggested a cheaper alternative to some of the mixers out there for video mixing. Some of came back and said it lacks a booth out, which is a deal-breaker. You fired back and said we are chumps for not touring the world and playing super awesome clubs with super awesome sound systems and sound engineers. Then you name dropped a mediocre list of names.

Lol… Qbert, D-Styles, Snoop Dogg, Lil Jon….mediocre? You couldn't even tie their shoes let alone be requested to perform on their shows.

Yet still, you trying to belittle a mixer you know nothing about. In Europe and some of Asia, Reloop is very large. They have stores all over. This was recommended by some top notch DJs so I decided why not. Worst comes to worst, I send it back. So take it or leave it. Nobody gives 2 shits that you don't like the mixer. Fine, go blow $2k on a mixer. I've got a 57 and 68, plus many other well known mixers. This Reloop mixer stands up amongst those and that's all that matters. Don't like the lack of booth out puts? Too bad. Don't like the color? Too bad.
DJ TeeOh 2:42 PM - 29 November, 2012
Quote:
Not that other brands besides "the majors" aren't worth considering...

...but if you're bringing in some "unknown", "lesser" or "cheaper" brand mixer to a good-sized event, you're risking looking like a real idiot if it takes a crap during the night.

The "cheaper" mixers are less expensive due to:

1) Lack of reputation for the brand

2) manufacture by cheap labor

3) use of lower-spec (cheaper) parts

4) skimping on debugging/quality-control (both in design and manufacturing phases)

5) skimping on customer support

I totally get why a DJ just starting out and doing house parties or whatever can justify that risk and needs to conserve expenditures. But for big events the risk just seems stupid.

That's exactly what I thought. And in fairness, you are right. Especially given the track record of most of those lower competitors. BUT this mixer was recommended by a 3x ITF world champion and good friend. So trusting him, i just tried it out. I figured it was gonna be half decent. But when I got it i was blown away. I'm not trying to say throw out those Rane mixers and buy this. I own 2 Rane mixers, a Pioneer, and many others. This mixer (despite it not being known in the USA) is a great mixer.

What works for me may be shit to you. I'm not an EDM type dj so it might not be great for them. The fader is great, the post effects are dope. The layout and midi are amazing.

So if you get a chance to mess around with it, check it out for sure.
DJ TeeOh 2:48 PM - 29 November, 2012
And just because all the "kool kids" have a mixer doesn't mean the other mixers aren't good enough.

I remember plenty of mixer that weren't popular but dope.

I remember the Technics 1200 SH-EX was the dopes mixer back then. Battle djs used them, other djs didn't. I still have 2.

Doesn't mean the mixer was shit, just means other styles didn't want to use it.

The customer support has been awesome. I had 2 questions about mapping and they responded within minutes.

The construction and design are solid. It's build like a tank and it takes a beating. Great sound card, no krazy noises or buzzing.

So once again, a bunch of you are talkin out the side of your neck about a product you've never used.

You think the 1st Pioneer mixer was popular before anyone used it? No

What about Technics 1200s? No.

Serato? nope.

They all started out unknown but that didn't mean they weren't innovative and well designed.
DJ TeeOh 2:51 PM - 29 November, 2012
Quote:
Anyone know if the mixer's own effects are pre or post fader when assigned to an individual channel?

Post.
Bobakiss 10:26 PM - 18 June, 2014
Hey DJ TeeOh, I'm glad there is an alternative to Rane mixers for controlling the bridge and video-SL. I saw this post and ordered one of amazon for my bedroom setup but now I am having a terrible time trying to update this mixer's firmware.

I tried using my mac (running mavericks) and the firmware update wouldn't recognize my IQ2. So then I hooked it up to my Win7 work PC; the update said that it worked but now my mixer is completely Bricked!! The LCD just says "CON 0" like it's stuck in firmware mode. Reloop's support is non-existent so I'm posting on this board. Any thoughts?
Culprit 7:36 AM - 1 July, 2014
Bobakiss 8:05 PM - 4 July, 2014
I'm sending it back. Hopefully the next one will work out.
DJ TeeOh 10:23 PM - 6 July, 2014
Quote:
Hey DJ TeeOh, I'm glad there is an alternative to Rane mixers for controlling the bridge and video-SL. I saw this post and ordered one of amazon for my bedroom setup but now I am having a terrible time trying to update this mixer's firmware.

I tried using my mac (running mavericks) and the firmware update wouldn't recognize my IQ2. So then I hooked it up to my Win7 work PC; the update said that it worked but now my mixer is completely Bricked!! The LCD just says "CON 0" like it's stuck in firmware mode. Reloop's support is non-existent so I'm posting on this board. Any thoughts?

It was a pain in the a#s getting it updated, but after a little messing around with it I got it figured out. I'll call DJ Angelo, maybe he has an idea.
Bobakiss 3:53 PM - 13 July, 2014
It would be great to get this updated. I exchanged the mixer for a new one but the firmware is still on 1.35
DJ TeeOh 5:21 PM - 13 July, 2014
Check this out for the update: support.reloopdj.com
Bobakiss 9:51 PM - 15 July, 2014
OK I found the SOLUTION!!! thanks to alsuser for figuring this out on this thread here:

serato.com

There are some issues with 64-Bit windows/mac and the java update. I have to find someone with an old PC running a 32-bit version of windows that to bring the mixer back to life. alsuser used windows 7 and got it running and I used XP.

Here are the settings I used to get it to finally work:

Driver: v2.9.15
Java v6.17

Java 7 should work as long as it's 32bit but google older java versions if it doesn't.
popnwave 2:16 AM - 16 July, 2014
Sheesh that sounds like the stupid issue I had with my Pio DDJ-SX. I couldn't update the firmware with my MacBook and had to hook it up to my old PC server to do it. That's just laziness by developers.
Bobakiss 10:44 PM - 16 July, 2014
So here is the next question. Will this mixer act as a work-around for the bridge?

It looks like you can midi map all of the knobs but the audio won't come through if you are in full midi mode. I also noticed that the up-faders/EQ/trim won't work unless I assign both sides to the "MIDI" channel(cutting off the line/phono channels)
DJ TeeOh 5:22 PM - 24 July, 2014
Quote:
So here is the next question. Will this mixer act as a work-around for the bridge?

It looks like you can midi map all of the knobs but the audio won't come through if you are in full midi mode. I also noticed that the up-faders/EQ/trim won't work unless I assign both sides to the "MIDI" channel(cutting off the line/phono channels)

Works fine for me. Mine is set to Line 1 and Line 2 with midi on and it works just like the TTM57.

As for the Bridge, I use mine with it and have some features mapped to the mixer in addition to having the X1 mapped.
Bobakiss 9:49 PM - 6 August, 2014
You are able to map the Channel 1/2 faders while in line/phono?? The firmware update got my crossfader working with midi but the vertical faders and EQ knobs won't map to ableton. I ran snoize midi monitor and confirmed that those controls do not work in Line/Phono mode.
DJ TeeOh 10:12 PM - 6 August, 2014
Oh I thought you were saying you can't get midi & audio to run at the same time. I know the X-fader is midi/audio but not sure about the upfaders. I'll plug up and check it out.
Bobakiss 11:02 PM - 6 August, 2014
I appreciate it, thanks for helping me out!
DJ SKEEMMATIK 11:42 PM - 23 November, 2014
OK So I have recently purchased this mixer (Reloop IQ2 USB Midi) to add to my second set up and I have only one issue so far with this mixer. I have owned various mixers from Vestax, Rane, Stanton, Gemini (LOL) & now Reloop but I have never encountered this problem. Now my setup is 2 Vestax 3000 MKII's and Serato SL latest version with the SL3 box. OK issue is both decks meter through the 2nd channel. Now as I type this I was looking right at it and I've been all over this mixer. Can someone explain this to me? Also if I turn up the 2nd channel via line fader I get a small amount of meter on channel 1.
DJ TeeOh 3:29 AM - 24 November, 2014
Quote:
OK So I have recently purchased this mixer (Reloop IQ2 USB Midi) to add to my second set up and I have only one issue so far with this mixer. I have owned various mixers from Vestax, Rane, Stanton, Gemini (LOL) & now Reloop but I have never encountered this problem. Now my setup is 2 Vestax 3000 MKII's and Serato SL latest version with the SL3 box. OK issue is both decks meter through the 2nd channel. Now as I type this I was looking right at it and I've been all over this mixer. Can someone explain this to me? Also if I turn up the 2nd channel via line fader I get a small amount of meter on channel 1.

Below the master volume there is a switch.
DJ TeeOh 3:30 AM - 24 November, 2014
Quote:
You are able to map the Channel 1/2 faders while in line/phono?? The firmware update got my crossfader working with midi but the vertical faders and EQ knobs won't map to ableton. I ran snoize midi monitor and confirmed that those controls do not work in Line/Phono mode.

Completely forgot until someone else posted, the upfaders are not midi
DJ TeeOh 3:33 AM - 24 November, 2014
Quote:

When adding a track to another track, the master volume goes up. So the master shows the levels in order to keep you from peaking the main when mixing or scratching. So you have your cue volume and master volumes.
DJ SKEEMMATIK 3:36 AM - 24 November, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

Completely forgot until someone else posted, the upfaders are not midi

This is under standard use meaning non midi function. Deck 1 & 2 meter in the R with no meter movement on the L.
DJ SKEEMMATIK 3:41 AM - 24 November, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

When adding a track to another track, the master volume goes up. So the master shows the levels in order to keep you from peaking the main when mixing or scratching. So you have your cue volume and master volumes.

Lets just say that I can't get a pulse on the L meter
DJ SKEEMMATIK 3:44 AM - 24 November, 2014
If I play both decks in cue mode I only get the R meter. If I play the left deck I get the R meter and if I play the right deck I get the R meter. WTH happened to the L meter is my question? This has to be a issue within the mixer.
DJ TeeOh 4:12 AM - 24 November, 2014
Quote:
If I play both decks in cue mode I only get the R meter. If I play the left deck I get the R meter and if I play the right deck I get the R meter. WTH happened to the L meter is my question? This has to be a issue within the mixer.

Yea thats weird. Mine switches.
DJ TeeOh 4:14 AM - 24 November, 2014
Quote:

Try switching the channels you're plugged into on the back. You may be getting only the right signal and it's outputting in mono. The outputs are balanced.
DJ SKEEMMATIK 4:37 AM - 24 November, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

Try switching the channels you're plugged into on the back. You may be getting only the right signal and it's outputting in mono. The outputs are balanced.

Tried that and still the same thing. Mind you everything from the gains, fx etc is working properly on the 1st channel except the level meter.
DJ SKEEMMATIK 5:53 AM - 25 November, 2014
DJ TeeOh I got that figured out & THANKS!!!
DJ TeeOh 2:06 AM - 28 November, 2014
Quote:
DJ TeeOh I got that figured out & THANKS!!!

Great, what was it? In case someone else has that issue.
DJ SKEEMMATIK 10:01 AM - 27 December, 2014
OK I thought I had it figured out BUT here's the deal. It looks to be a glitch within the mixer where I play something on Channel A but it meters on channel B. Today I was playing my iPod on Channel A but meter on Channel B was jumping. Now if I add gain to it then I'll see some peaking on Channel A. I even had a witness to this and they didn't get it either. Other than that I do like this mixer.
DJ TeeOh 4:35 AM - 28 December, 2014
Quote:
OK I thought I had it figured out BUT here's the deal. It looks to be a glitch within the mixer where I play something on Channel A but it meters on channel B. Today I was playing my iPod on Channel A but meter on Channel B was jumping. Now if I add gain to it then I'll see some peaking on Channel A. I even had a witness to this and they didn't get it either. Other than that I do like this mixer.

Yea that's weird. I can't even begin to guess where to start looking. Maybe they somehow hooked up the meter backwards on yours. lol.

Yea, I love it. Been using it for about 2 years. Everything from battles to mix shows and everyone who gets on it wants to know where to buy.
DJ Tecniq 4:47 AM - 28 December, 2014
This mixer can't control video am I correct? I'm looking into either the Traktor Z2 or a DJM T1 for my next mixer. I currently have a djm 700 running video but I've had it for years and it's too bulky I rarely ever use more than 2 channels👌
the SOUNDINSURGENT 4:57 AM - 28 December, 2014
DJM T1 all day bro........after it's all mapped out it almost like it was made for Serato 👍
DJ TeeOh 7:37 PM - 28 December, 2014
Quote:
This mixer can't control video am I correct? I'm looking into either the Traktor Z2 or a DJM T1 for my next mixer. I currently have a djm 700 running video but I've had it for years and it's too bulky I rarely ever use more than 2 channels👌

The Reloop IQ2 does video just like the Rane mixers.
DJ TeeOh 7:39 PM - 28 December, 2014
Quote:
DJM T1 all day bro........after it's all mapped out it almost like it was made for Serato 👍

Thats another good mixer. I have the IQ2 and Z2 on my 2 setups using Serato. I didn't go for the T1 because DJ Angelo recommended the IQ2, it was cheaper at the time but don't know about now.
DJ Tecniq 6:08 PM - 30 December, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

The Reloop IQ2 does video just like the Rane mixers.
word I thought so but wasn't sure. How are the faders on the iq2 for scratching? That's an important factor for me.
DJ TeeOh 7:08 PM - 30 December, 2014
word I thought so but wasn't sure. How are the faders on the iq2 for scratching? That's an important factor for me.

Faders are dope. Fully adjustable curve with a sharp cut. Nice and smooth feel, not to loose, and have a nice "click" to it.
DJ Tecniq 12:56 PM - 31 December, 2014
Quote:

Faders are dope. Fully adjustable curve with a sharp cut. Nice and smooth feel, not to loose, and have a nice "click" to it.
well I have some decisions to make. My top 3 choices are the Z2, DJM-T1 and the IQ2. All three sound like solid choices. Does the IQ2 show both led meters even using one channel? Or is it seperate?
DJ Tecniq 9:47 PM - 31 December, 2014
Just curious does the Z2 have post fader fx?
DJ Tecniq 9:48 PM - 31 December, 2014
i read somewhere the DJM T1 does but it's only for internal mode? That's kind of useless.
the SOUNDINSURGENT 10:53 PM - 31 December, 2014
Neither have send/return as Traktor takes care of all that internally.
DJ Tecniq 11:22 PM - 31 December, 2014
Quote:
thanks it seems the DJM T1 is discontinued. I may just go with the z2 cause of the extra usb ports👍
DJ TeeOh 1:07 AM - 1 January, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
thanks it seems the DJM T1 is discontinued. I may just go with the z2 cause of the extra usb ports👍

I have the IQ2 and Z2... can't go wrong either way. The IQ2 onboard effects are dope though.
jm.powell 10:12 PM - 19 September, 2015
So i was looking for a new mixer and came across this thread.... Wow!!!! Teeoh got torn apart by you guys for suggesting a mixer..... Read the first message again. The only real complaint he made was price..... I just bought the 62, i love it but still 1500 is a lot for a mixer. I think some of you guys need to stop being so sensitive about your kit maybe. Im tempted by the reloop but i find it kinda ugly... Which i guess shouldnt matter but it does.
Basically looking for a second mixer as i run 4 turntables and just want something new. Currently use the technics sh ex which i've used for maybe 10 years now and i'll never get rid but i have that itch for something new
jm.powell 10:38 PM - 19 September, 2015
Oh yeah, i also noticed this was from january and wondered how it was holding up a few months down the line?
DJ TeeOh 2:31 PM - 7 November, 2015
Quote:
Oh yeah, i also noticed this was from january and wondered how it was holding up a few months down the line?

Thanks for the reply. Yea people tend to get butthurt when it's not their favorite company. Funny thing is that everyone who has had a chance to get on my mixer loves it. I know 7 other DJs who went and bought one themselves.

Having taken it to Japan, Germany, and done a ton of shows with it...this mixer is a beast! Still working great. No issues so far. Only complaint I have is the finish has worn off near the crossfader from scratching so much. It's not as bad as the Pioneer mixers are known for, but it is faded a bit. I've had it for 3 years and can't say anything bad about it. I've been using Reloop long before it got sorta popular in the USA. Now people seem to like their products. Eventually, I see them doing something officially for Serato. Atleast, I hope they will.
RodneyNZ 6:06 PM - 28 January, 2017
Quote:
[Eventually, I see them doing something officially for Serato. Atleast, I hope they will.

www.reloop.com

It will be interesting to see if Reloop to a 2 channel Serato mixer.

Apart from the Akai AMX all Serato mixers seem to have a price premium. Eg I'd like a Serato type mixer similar to the Traktor Z2, the closest thing to that I feel would be the Mixars Duo which costs almost twice the price as as the Z2! I've never used those mixers and just comparing so will be interesting if Reloop would make a more affordable Serato mixer
skinnyguy 6:22 PM - 30 January, 2017
Quote:
...Only complaint I have is the finish has worn off near the crossfader from scratching so much. ...

I like when x-faders look worn like that. Kinda shows all the hard work you put in.