Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Serato DJ screen shots and feature info?

saNppa 10:57 AM - 6 October, 2012
We know enough about DDJ-SX, but the info, features, specs and screen shots of the software still are still kept away? WHY? No info, no pre-ordering. DDJ-Sx looks good to go, but can it be said also about the software?

For example: There are few things that needs to be re-mapped with DDJ-SX and I'd like to know can it be done? I also like to know, have you finally corrected these issues:

- Pitch range 100%
- Elapsed and remaining time ought to be shown at the same time. If not, then possibility to map useless buttons for toggling (like Tap-button(s)).
- Possibility to analyze multiple songs while hardware connected
- Possibility to choose which layouts are operational, when using view-button.
- Thru-signed deck ought to be much better informed in display. Only waveform display modes show it in a very small way!
- Play count (of songs)

...as you know these are just few.
LJ_WOOLSEY 7:38 PM - 7 October, 2012
Well this pioneer controller was at the BPM SHOW but just said software coming soon, So no one has a clue what this seeato dj will look like also its first year SERATO was not there, there was some rane stuff on the sennheiser stand. But was all VDJ8 traktor and itch everywhere.
saNppa 5:21 PM - 11 October, 2012
Since previous questions seem to be way too difficult, let's try something easier: When will we have info about Serato DJ? When are you allowed to give information?
Dj Wunder 7:12 PM - 11 October, 2012
djworx.com appears to be covering the ddj-sx pretty closely, but no software sightings yet...
serkan 7:43 PM - 11 October, 2012
Another good question would be if there will be a public beta phase before the release of the final products?
It'll be quite difficult to do some serious beta testing especially because of the DDJ-SX. There is no controller yet to do the testing and it would be a bad decision to ask the customers of the DDJ-SX to do some beta testing before they can use their gear.

I made my peace with the roll-out plan but it definitely would've been better to release Serato DJ for the existing ITCH and DJ Intro customers as those would be OK to do some bug searches before playing in front of crowds.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 9:32 PM - 11 October, 2012
Hey guys,

Screenshots and extra info will be released soon. Hold tight!

Sam.
Dj Wunder 12:13 AM - 12 October, 2012
Quote:
Hey guys,

Sam.

Woot!
DJ_X_Trodinaire 1:19 AM - 12 October, 2012
Soon = Nov 1st :P
djjoefresh 1:23 AM - 12 October, 2012
Looking forward to it :)
haze324 3:27 AM - 12 October, 2012
Quote:
Hey guys,

Sam.

mmmm.....AND extra info. Sam has always been legit with his hints and word about something coming up.

Good to hear/see
Mighty Dragon Sounds 3:30 AM - 12 October, 2012
Can you collapse the extra decks this time if your only using two?
DJ Xio 3:49 AM - 12 October, 2012
Nice... let it out already!!!!
Djpr1 12:48 PM - 12 October, 2012
I got the Serato Dj screenshot for over a week now it looks pretty bad ass. Looks pretty close SSL, the waveforms in 4 deck vertical mode are very nice. I only have a screenshot of the 4 deck mode tho, looks like the one for the Ddj Sx.
breakermixer 12:56 PM - 12 October, 2012
Of course. You mean this fake? www.planetsono.com
LJ_WOOLSEY 1:30 PM - 12 October, 2012
Quote:
I got the Serato Dj screenshot for over a week now it looks pretty bad ass. Looks pretty close SSL, the waveforms in 4 deck vertical mode are very nice. I only have a screenshot of the 4 deck mode tho, looks like the one for the Ddj Sx.

LOL Oh deer!!
Djpr1 2:14 PM - 12 October, 2012
Quote:
Of course. You mean this fake? www.planetsono.com

LMFAO! Of course...
breakermixer 2:31 PM - 12 October, 2012
:)
dj-freestyle 4:20 PM - 12 October, 2012
@samuel, do you think it will really be ready nov 1st?
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 4:47 AM - 14 October, 2012
Yes, Serato DJ will be available on November 1st for the Pioneer DDJ-SX only. The controller ships this date also.

Sam.
Dj Cooly C 8:08 PM - 14 October, 2012
Quote:
Yes, Serato DJ will be available on November 1st for the Pioneer DDJ-SX only. The controller ships this date also.

Sam.

I Can't wait, I've been riding with Numark for a while, but I'm seriously thinking about jumping on the Pioneer DDJ-SX.
dj-freestyle 10:53 PM - 14 October, 2012
Good i pre-ordered and was worried wouldnt be ready. thats good news
Lightning 11:06 PM - 14 October, 2012
If thats the case we should see more stuff about SDJ here in the next few days. If not we all will be in for a huge surprise when the SX gets to the door.
Dj Wunder 12:49 AM - 15 October, 2012
While we wait, can I get an explanation as to how Instant Doubles works using the controller?
Dj Wunder 12:55 AM - 15 October, 2012
and I just noticed "song" and "artist" labels below the "load" button. What are those for?
dj lashes 1:37 AM - 15 October, 2012
the Pioneer DDJ-SX is looking good thinking about ordering one .. serato dj is the deal breaker for me .. still just wish dj would be out sooner for itch users
breakermixer 1:38 AM - 15 October, 2012
Quote:
While we wait, can I get an explanation as to how Instant Doubles works using the controller?

As usual, pressing 2 times the load button.
breakermixer 1:38 AM - 15 October, 2012
Quote:
and I just noticed "song" and "artist" labels below the "load" button. What are those for?

To sort the crate by track number, BPM, song or artist.
Dj Wunder 1:42 AM - 15 October, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

As usual, pressing 2 times the load button.

Ah, I've never used a controller before, didn't know what the usual behavior was. Thanks. So when you press it twice, how do you specify which deck you want to double, given that there are 4 decks?
Quote:
Quote:

To sort the crate by track number, BPM, song or artist.

Hmm, would be nice if that was user adjustable to sort by other columns...
breakermixer 1:50 AM - 15 October, 2012
Quote:
when you press it twice, how do you specify which deck you want to double, given that there are 4 decks?

The channel 1 doubles the channel 2 and the channel 3 doubles the channel 4.
Dj Wunder 1:59 AM - 15 October, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
when you press it twice, how do you specify which deck you want to double, given that there are 4 decks?

Thanks
dj lashes 2:35 AM - 15 October, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

last i was in the mix and needed to double 1 to 4 was thinking something was wrong
Dj Wunder 2:46 AM - 15 October, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

last i was in the mix and needed to double 1 to 4 was thinking something was wrong

Yeah. I'd love it if I could hold down the instant double button of the open deck and then click the instant double button of the deck I wanted to double. This could work alongside the usual way
dj lashes 2:50 AM - 15 October, 2012
i love serato software but so much times they leave out the small things that real djs would need and use
breakermixer 3:17 AM - 15 October, 2012
Quote:
I'd love it if I could hold down the instant double button of the open deck and then click the instant double button of the deck I wanted to double. This could work alongside the usual way

That's a very risky action and could re-load the song in the playing deck causing a disaster .
Dj Wunder 3:28 AM - 15 October, 2012
Meh. Danger is my MIDDLE name...
breakermixer 3:32 AM - 15 October, 2012
:-)
davehayesdj 11:29 AM - 18 October, 2012
So... 2 weeks to go & Still No Screenshots! This looks very Promising!!! :-/
irieproductions 2:38 PM - 18 October, 2012
instagram.com

That's not me is a fellow dj i know. He's telling me it came with "Serato" but i doubt it i think he is bluffing haha, i asked for screenshots but not getting them yet.
dj-freestyle 3:02 PM - 18 October, 2012
I was told the cd in in the box and the program is ready
haze324 3:04 PM - 18 October, 2012
that thing is big.

screenshot or didn't happen.
dj-freestyle 3:10 PM - 18 October, 2012
Wonder if pioneer shipped there international orders already and the stores didnt listen to nov thing?
dj-freestyle 3:15 PM - 18 October, 2012
hey samual, about 12 days away, how about some screen shots?
DJ Xio 3:34 PM - 18 October, 2012
Agreed... Screenshots are overdue!
irieproductions 3:56 PM - 18 October, 2012
I think its a preview unit that arrived to the local store, i really doubt it has software, otherwise this would've leaked already somewhere else.
DJ Jazzy-Lu 5:18 PM - 18 October, 2012
I hope they finally put a broadcast feature in the software. Are they doing away with itch, I ask because in the software dropdown itch is not there, its under all software now.
Glad it said my V7's will support it, but gotta wait till spring 2013, really.
elsupermang 6:04 PM - 18 October, 2012
Quote:
I hope they finally put a broadcast feature in the software. Are they doing away with itch, I ask because in the software dropdown itch is not there, its under all software now.
Glad it said my V7's will support it, but gotta wait till spring 2013, really.

There's so many different avenues for broadcasting (sound and/or video) doesn't really make sense to add it in. I think VDJ has this but its for icecast/shoutcast, thats just one way to broadcast these days.
dj-freestyle 6:52 PM - 18 October, 2012
yes itch is going away. no more.
djjoefresh 7:01 PM - 18 October, 2012
ITCH is being replaced by Serato DJ.

Broadcasting probably isn't going to happen, at least not as a built-in feature of Serato DJ. There are third party solutions for that.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 9:41 PM - 18 October, 2012
Hold tight guys, screenshots are on the way. Very, very soon.
DiRTSNaP 9:55 PM - 18 October, 2012
Are we talking minutes or days?
djemdub 10:04 PM - 18 October, 2012
Quote:
Are we talking minutes or days?

The last time sam(i think it was sam) said something was coming very soon(itch 2.2.2), it was released into beta a few days after..
I think its safe to think that VERY VERY soon, we might be seeing them by tomorrow or monday..

just speculation and this has not been confirmed in any way
DJ Fez 10:12 PM - 18 October, 2012
Quote:
that thing is big.

screenshot or didn't happen.

It looks about right for 26 inches wide.... i was kind of thinking the jogs looked small
that 8 pad of buttons looks huge though (maybe too big?)
djemdub 10:16 PM - 18 October, 2012
Now that i see it, i kinda dont like the design. i never liked the s2/s4 cause of the position of the jogs and i dont like the position of these neither.
DJ Fez 10:32 PM - 18 October, 2012
i dont like how far the pitch slider is up the face. really need to get hands on
djjoefresh 10:33 PM - 18 October, 2012
Quote:

:)
VinnyBlanc 10:33 PM - 18 October, 2012
Quote:

5:32 PM - 11 October, 2012

Samuel S,

Hey guys,

Sam.

waiting...
Quote:

5:41 PM - 18 October, 2012

Samuel S,

Sam

still waiting...
djemdub 10:36 PM - 18 October, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
5:32 PM - 11 October, 2012

Samuel S,

Hey guys,

Sam.

waiting...
Quote:
5:41 PM - 18 October, 2012

Samuel S,

Sam

still waiting...

now its "very very" sooo it shouldnt be so long now :)
DjWoody 11:23 PM - 18 October, 2012
They're up!
sera.to
DjWoody 11:25 PM - 18 October, 2012
It looks like the screenshot posted before was kinda acurate.
DiRTSNaP 11:26 PM - 18 October, 2012
djemdub 11:27 PM - 18 October, 2012
released serato.com
dj-freestyle 11:35 PM - 18 October, 2012
Crazy. So different
djemdub 11:37 PM - 18 October, 2012
ive never tried scratch live so i wonder how accurate beat matching would be since we can only see 1 decimal point.
I better start fixing all beat grids that need fixing now!lol
Dj cuervo 11:42 PM - 18 October, 2012
Wow that is a lot of features. Finally ITCH(DJ) is a real player in the DJ space. Let's Go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 11:45 PM - 18 October, 2012
Quote:
ive never tried scratch live so i wonder how accurate beat matching would be since we can only see 1 decimal point.
I better start fixing all beat grids that need fixing now!lol

Use your ears!

Haha, just kidding :)
DjWoody 11:50 PM - 18 October, 2012
No Serato Video screenshots. :/
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 11:52 PM - 18 October, 2012
Serato Video will look the same as it does in Scratch Live and ITCH but in Serato DJ. Good call though, i'll see if we can get one up.
saNppa 11:59 PM - 18 October, 2012
Like djemdub, I'm also used to see too decimals and I'd to have it back, but I can live with one... since I have ears =)

Over all these photos tell that you guys at Serato have listened. I see many of changes that i have requested. These photos are just a sneak peak of the the final truth, but thanks for these.

Since we have screen shots going on, how about showing the Setup section? How does Serato DJ indicate Through assigned decks?
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 12:06 AM - 19 October, 2012
As far as I know, waveforms go grey and the virtual deck will turn black to indicate a THRU state.
djjoefresh 12:09 AM - 19 October, 2012
The wait is over!

Ok, first impressions - WOW Serato DJ has a lot going on!

I love the view options, both for the overall interface (Library, Horizontal, Extended, etc.) and the simple/advanced toggles for the sampler, library, etc. Seems like there's a view for everyone, whether you're keeping it simple with mixing two tracks at a time, or you want to get complex with your mixing. Very cool.

Color markers for tracks is bigger and much more noticeable, thank you! I've been waiting for Scratch Live to implement a similar change, because these bigger colored blocks are much easier to see than the little dots.

White tracks vs faded tracks, I'm assuming is played/unplayed tracks, looks good.

Overall everything looks neat and organized, no matter which view mode you choose. Sure if you turn on extended view and all 4 decks, the screen looks busy. But that's what we asked for - extended controls and functionality.

The offline player looks much more helpful in terms of preparing tracks before a gig. I'm really happy to see controls for beat grid adjusting, very nice!

Effects section looks solid, the virtual knobs will easily match up with the physical knobs on the DDJ-SX so we'll know what we're doing. Can't wait to hear them in action.

And are those synced SP-6 slots I see? Beautiful.

If I had one small piece of criticism, it would be the new crate icons. I'm not sure if it's the color scheme, or just that I'm so used to how crates look in Scratch Live, but I'm not a big fan. Plus it seems like it would be difficult to differentiate between the regular crates and the smart crates, since the only difference is one small side being white.

All in all, I would say that Serato definitely delivered on this one. I honestly can't remember the last time I was this excited to try out new DJ software and hardware. Two more weeks to wait. :)
DjWoody 12:10 AM - 19 October, 2012
Sam.. Do you know if we can use an external EFX machine like the EFX 1000?
DjWoody 12:12 AM - 19 October, 2012
I meant to ask if you can use an EFX on the new DDJ SX.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 12:15 AM - 19 October, 2012
There's no Send/Return loop for the DDJ-SX unfortunately so you won't be able to use this for your individual channels. You could have it on the Master output I guess?
willythekidd 12:15 AM - 19 October, 2012
that is an crowded gui.
saNppa 12:16 AM - 19 October, 2012
Quote:
As far as I know, waveforms go grey and the virtual deck will turn black to indicate a THRU state.

And what if you are using lay out that doesn't show waveforms? Looks like we are back in the square one on this issue. This is one the things I have asked to be changed and it is one the easiest one to do.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 12:17 AM - 19 October, 2012
Do you mean in library view? How would you like this to work? The virtual deck will still turn black.
saNppa 12:27 AM - 19 October, 2012
My bad and I apologize. Looks like the library view (as well as all lay outs) has now the waveform, so that issue is totally fixed and thank you for that.
willythekidd 12:34 AM - 19 October, 2012
okay...so who has found an easter egg?
LJ_WOOLSEY 12:34 AM - 19 October, 2012
Ok i love it all BUUUUT why the fuck is the bpm read out of large you can read it from the moon??? Thats the only thing i disslike. Well done serato! Nice work!!
DjWoody 12:36 AM - 19 October, 2012
Quote:
Ok i love it all BUUUUT why the fuck is the bpm read out of large you can read it from the moon??? Thats the only thing i disslike. Well done serato! Nice work!!

Yeah, that BPM read out is bugging me A LOT!
DjWoody 12:38 AM - 19 October, 2012
Ok, I'm gonna say it. Serato DJ is looking a lot more like Traktor (feature wise). One feature I would love for Serato to steal would be the ability to customize the GUI. That way we can dissable/enable features and make the interface to our liking.
saNppa 12:40 AM - 19 October, 2012
I personally like that bpm read out (even one digit is missing). Maybe it's because I don't use sync :D
DJ dVO 12:41 AM - 19 October, 2012
Personally, I would have preferred some other colour for the highlight than the blue. What happened to the album art at the bottom left? :(
LJ_WOOLSEY 12:44 AM - 19 October, 2012
Blue is gooood been big with the dev team! They waa even guna make an easter egg inn ssl to turn it blue. The bpm read out is fine but dont need tobe the biggest thing on screen just make that normal size be spot on.... Serato we love you.... Now vestax please support serato dj asap!
[O/][iii][O/] 12:54 AM - 19 October, 2012
Where the hell did the library artwork grid options go?!?!?!?!?! Please tell me there's a button to turn those on as it was one of Serato's biggest features that have kept me in the Serato camp.
DJ dVO 1:00 AM - 19 October, 2012
Quote:
... Now vestax please support serato dj asap!

Spring 2013 for VCI-380 support :)

Unless you mean a controller dedicated for DJ only. I would be damn cuz I just ordered a VCI-380
saNppa 1:02 AM - 19 October, 2012
Question about how lay outs work: If I'm extended mode (4 decks / horizontal) and I press Prepare, will it change the layer into Library mode (as long as Prepare is opened)? Exactly like Itch did. This is one features I really love, 'cos I use 12,5" display.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 1:04 AM - 19 October, 2012
Yes, this works the same.
DjWoody 1:04 AM - 19 October, 2012
Quote:
Where the hell did the library artwork grid options go?!?!?!?!?! Please tell me there's a button to turn those on as it was one of Serato's biggest features that have kept me in the Serato camp.

This is Serato DJ. It's not replacing Scratch Live, so you can still stay in the "Serato" camp.
LJ_WOOLSEY 1:10 AM - 19 October, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
... Now vestax please support serato dj asap!
Spring 2013 for VCI-380 support :)Unless you mean a controller dedicated for DJ only. I would be damn cuz I just ordered a VCI-380

Sweeeerato have said its upto the manufactorers when the controler is supported so vestax get ya money out the 380 is very young!!!
forty 1:11 AM - 19 October, 2012
If my memory serves me correct, a lot of people wanted a decimal point BPM read out in waveform view like you had in library view (at least in Scratch Live). We now seem to have it in waveform view, but in library view, all the screenshots show whole number BPM.

Please tell me it wasn't added to waveform view AND removed form library view?

I know this is SDJ and not SSL, but it's quite clear that the interface of SSL will go down the same path as SDJ & SDJI.
[O/][iii][O/] 1:15 AM - 19 October, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

This is Serato DJ. It's not replacing Scratch Live, so you can still stay in the "Serato" camp.

Who said anything about SL? ITCH has artwork grid options, two of them to be exact. The artwork views are critical for those who remember and select tracks based on artwork and the two grid view options in both SL and ITCH make the most efficient use of available UI real estate.
saNppa 1:24 AM - 19 October, 2012
The question I haven't asked yet: How does SeratoDJ and Itch co-work together? Currently I use NS6 (itch2.1) and it looks like I'll buy DDJ-SX (NS6 stays for backup, for now). Do I need to analyze everything, do the manual beat grid corrections and cue points all over again? Any issues I ought to be prepared for having them both?

If I have both softwares in the same PC, I assume NS6 doesn't (yet) work with SeratoDJ and Pioneer will not work with Itch.
VinnyBlanc 1:29 AM - 19 October, 2012
You will not have to reanalyze tracks that have already been run through itch.
Dj Wunder 1:38 AM - 19 October, 2012
This is exciting, but the screenshots are off-center when I click on them. Using Google chrome on MBP with Snow Leopard. Haha it's like FINALLY I can see the software for the controller I just bought (which looks GREAT btw), but not really...
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 1:50 AM - 19 October, 2012
Are you zoomed in at all?
[O/][iii][O/] 1:50 AM - 19 October, 2012
This right here is what I'm looking for. One of two artwork grid views which currently exists on BOTH Serato Scratch Live and Serato Itch. i802.photobucket.com

Again, it's CRITICAL for those who remember and select tracks based on artwork, not text, and these two viewing options make the best, most efficient use of library real estate.

ALSO, where is the view option that has decks to the left, waveforms to the right as shown in above screen capture?

Guys, listen to me, CONSISTENCY is very important for those who use both SSL and ITCH (now SDJ). Many of us have grown accustomed to and rely on these features in BOTH programs because has decided to keep them separate.
[O/][iii][O/] 1:53 AM - 19 October, 2012
The gigantic white circles are an incredible waste of valuable real estate which made this view i802.photobucket.com SO desired and useful. Please tell me it hasn't been abandoned. Please.
DJ_X_Trodinaire 1:54 AM - 19 October, 2012
^^ sometimes you need to learn the new ways of things... Just sayin :)
I would rather have performance than visuals.
VinnyBlanc 1:55 AM - 19 October, 2012
Consistency... set 8 cue points in Serato DJ...switch to SSL and you cant utillize 3 of them?

I understand everything will be merged eventually whether Serato admits it or not, but for the time being it's a little off.
[O/][iii][O/] 1:56 AM - 19 October, 2012
Quote:
^^ sometimes you need to learn the new ways of things... Just sayin :)
I would rather have performance than visuals.

Agreed, but not if the new way is going backwards and handicapping.
Demark 1:56 AM - 19 October, 2012
Nice work guys. I was really hoping, however, for a view option with the SP6 and FX in the same window? Switching back and forth is a pain when you're trying to be creative on the fly. Any chance of making that happen?

Pretty please, with a cherry on top.
Dj Wunder 1:56 AM - 19 October, 2012
Quote:
Are you zoomed in at all?

The zoom level on Chrome is at 100%... soo I'm stumped on that one, but I saw the screenshots perfectly in Safari, which I never use so everything is at default in that browser. LOOKS. AWESOME. GREAT. JOB!!
[O/][iii][O/] 1:58 AM - 19 October, 2012
Serato already had perfected multiple viewing options and now it appears they are taking some of those options away, options many of us use and rely on EVERY SINGLE DAY. This is NOT progress.
saNppa 1:59 AM - 19 October, 2012
Quote:
ALSO, where is the view option that has decks to the left, waveforms to the right as shown in above screen capture?

Maybe the position of the vertical waveform can be selected (left, right, middle) in Setup-section, like on Itch.

Samuel, how about a little sneak peak to Setup? Don't make me beg :D
VJ Justin Allen 2:02 AM - 19 October, 2012
Quote:
serato.com

+1
DjWoody 2:03 AM - 19 October, 2012
If they make Serato DJ look anything more like Scratch Live, than what's the point of having two separate software? Don't get me wrong, I would love to have the same software for both, but some features have to give, so you can buy the pro version or in this case buy ScratchLive.
VJ Justin Allen 2:07 AM - 19 October, 2012
I don't even see a video button on the screen. It looks like the other "special" buttons are along the top left side.
DJ_X_Trodinaire 2:09 AM - 19 October, 2012
Quote:
If they make Serato DJ look anything more like Scratch Live, than what's the point of having two separate software? Don't get me wrong, I would love to have the same software for both, but some features have to give, so you can buy the pro version or in this case buy ScratchLive.

+1
VJ Justin Allen 2:09 AM - 19 October, 2012
Also, will this have iTunes integration? And let's see some of the set-up screens if you get a chance.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 2:13 AM - 19 October, 2012
Yep, it has the same iTunes integration as all our software. Those are the only screenshots we have released at this stage. Fair call about video and the setup screen though. I'll see if we can get some shots up.
VJ Justin Allen 2:17 AM - 19 October, 2012
Thanks Samuel!
djjoefresh 2:18 AM - 19 October, 2012
Scratch Live still requires Rane hardware. This will most likely be the primary reason for keeping Scratch Live and DJ as two separate entities, so as not to confuse.
Scratch Live = digital vinyl emulation.
Serato DJ = controllers.

As Sam said, iTunes integration works the same in Serato DJ as in Scratch Live and ITCH.

The Video plugin must have disabled in Setup. I assume when enabled you'll see a Video button up there.

I think that with so much in the interface, there was simply no room for big artwork views in the library, except maybe in the Library view. To be honest I've never used any library view other than the default list, and I've never seen anyone else use artwork views, so this will not be missed by me. The artwork view in the screenshot looks fine to me.
[O/][iii][O/] 2:19 AM - 19 October, 2012
Sam, can you please speak to the artwork grids and option for tiny deck circles stacked on left, waveforms on stacked on right that are currently on SSL and ITCH but appear to be missing from SDJ based on these screen shots? Will those viewing options be retained in SDJ and we just can't see them now?
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 2:21 AM - 19 October, 2012
Sure thing. There is no large album art view, only the two library views in the screenshots. There is also no stacked deck view mode. Only 2 deck or 4 deck (vertical, horizontal, extended and library).

Bear in mind, this is just for 1.0. There is room to develop on this moving forward and i'll pass your feedback on to the team.

Sam.
DiRTSNaP 2:26 AM - 19 October, 2012
Sam, I think it's time for Serato DJ to have it's own section in the forums =)
[O/][iii][O/] 2:27 AM - 19 October, 2012
Quote:

I think that with so much in the interface, there was simply no room for big artwork views in the library, except maybe in the Library view.

Not true. Study the UI and you'll conclude otherwise.

Quote:

To be honest I've never used any library view other than the default list, and I've never seen anyone else use artwork views, so this will not be missed by me. The artwork view in the screenshot looks fine to me.

That's the beauty of the way it currently is because EVERY user is covered. Now it appears users that use and are accustomed to grid views and tiny deck circles on left/waveforms on right are left out in the cold. You are not the only user of these programs djjoefresh, there are thousands of others. Again, Serato already LISTENED and DELIVERED these view options based on YEARS of user feedback (see >>> i802.photobucket.com ), and now it appears they are going BACKWARDS by abandoning features we've begged for in the past. This makes zero sense.
[O/][iii][O/] 2:28 AM - 19 October, 2012
Quote:
Sure thing. There is no large album art view, only the two library views in the screenshots. There is also no stacked deck view mode. Only 2 deck or 4 deck (vertical, horizontal, extended and library).

Bear in mind, this is just for 1.0. There is room to develop on this moving forward and i'll pass your feedback on to the team.

Sam.

Thanks Sam, but :facepalm:
VJ Justin Allen 2:30 AM - 19 October, 2012
Still time to cancel your pre-order.
[O/][iii][O/] 2:30 AM - 19 October, 2012
Quote:
Still time to cancel your pre-order.

Already on it.
haze324 2:32 AM - 19 October, 2012
For multiple decks the least cluttered view is the stacked view. I use it all the time in SSL.
[O/][iii][O/] 2:34 AM - 19 October, 2012
Actually, before I cancel, can the DDJ-SX run current version of ITCH? If so, that might change things depending on stored looping behavior and EQ kill/no kill (things we still can't get an official answer on).
[O/][iii][O/] 2:34 AM - 19 October, 2012
Quote:
For multiple decks the least cluttered view is the stacked view. I use it all the time in SSL.

Amen.
DJ_X_Trodinaire 2:35 AM - 19 October, 2012
wow.. you wont even try it? :)

Maybe I'll buy two; one for me and my son. Just like the 62 lol
VJ Justin Allen 2:38 AM - 19 October, 2012
Quote:
Actually, before I cancel, can the DDJ-SX run current version of ITCH? If so, that might change things depending on stored looping behavior and EQ kill/no kill (things we still can't get an official answer on).

I believe it's been said before that it will not. It's made specifically for Serato DJ. Based on a comment earlier in this thread by Samuel I am pretty sure that the midi out function will also be locked down...much like Traktor does now.
[O/][iii][O/] 2:38 AM - 19 October, 2012
Quote:
wow.. you wont even try it? :)

Are you asking me? Try what? SDJ? If so, why? I can already try these views in current software and know how they look, feel, perform. They all suck compared to what's being abandoned.
DJ LIL M 3:16 AM - 19 October, 2012
They was listin to use they gave us a SSL look alike like ppl was asking.
[O/][iii][O/] 3:17 AM - 19 October, 2012
Quote:
They was listin to use they gave us a SSL look alike like ppl was asking.

But it's not an SSL look alike if it's missing key viewing options found in SSL.
Mass Flava 4:06 AM - 19 October, 2012
Will Serato DJ bring FX's to units like the VCI-300 or will you have to still have to buy a fx unit???
djjoefresh 4:15 AM - 19 October, 2012
Quote:
Will Serato DJ bring FX's to units like the VCI-300 or will you have to still have to buy a fx unit???

Good question.
My guess is you'll need the VFX-1 to control the effects, don't think there are any buttons or knobs on the 300 that could do it.
However, since Serato DJ has MIDI, you might be able to map any secondary controller for the effects, not just the VFX-1.
Lightning 6:02 AM - 19 October, 2012
Quote:

Sam.

I'm going to have to say that you may want to seriously bring back the stacked mode for SDJ. In Itch I find it the most optimum mode for 4 deck display. You can also forward this one back up the pipeline.... I don't think we need to see every single parameter option in the UI either. If we are using a controller to change a function, then all I think is necessary is to display the value of the function.

I think its great that we get to see some SSL functionality coming over but on the same note I think you guys are taking a step backwards in the UI development as well. It was a nice change from SSL to Itch from a UI perspective due to the fact it was very streamlined in comparison.

Anyways, I still think UI flexibility should be a big priority across the board.

A
serkan 6:52 AM - 19 October, 2012
My +1's...
• SL style virtual decks (remaining/elapsed time at once)
• full horizontal wave forms
• cue points in a list
• extended wave forms still available

My -1's...
• no track key on the decks
• waaaaay too large BPM display on the virtual decks
• no day/night mode
• no album art on deck/bottom left

But it's great for 1.0 though.
It could've been muuuch worse.
MichaelVersteeg 8:45 AM - 19 October, 2012
In total agreement with [O/][iii][O/] and haze324, the stacked horizontal mode is perfect for 4 decks, I can't believe Serato abandoned it. As I am one of the guys that also relies on recognizing tracks from visual memory, I'll also miss the album art in the bottom left corner dearly. Here's hoping these things will have priority in future updates.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 9:14 AM - 19 October, 2012
We haven't abandoned 4 deck stack mode guys. It's just outside the scope of 1.0 unfortunately. As I mentioned, it's just the start and there is scope to add to this in follow up releases. I've passed the feedback on to the team!
MichaelVersteeg 9:17 AM - 19 October, 2012
Thanks for the quick response and for clearing this up Samuel, had me worried there.
Dj Delta-Vita 9:30 AM - 19 October, 2012
You people are never satisfied what ever serato do....
keep focus to play good musik and leave the rest to the company
djcerla 9:32 AM - 19 October, 2012
Very cluttered.

What's the utility of transport controls? Who's messing with the trackpad when your controller features physical controls?
antlover 10:47 AM - 19 October, 2012
Hallo Samuel,
I also see a lot of good things here.

and ok ok... I know but, also for me the "stacked deck view mode" is the big big advantage for Serato itch software in 4 deck mode. You can overview very easily the deck information related with the wafe form.
also the night/day mode is very helpful. Please add this two surface options! Than I'm happy :-)

One question: Is there an option to load a the SP-6 sample deck on the fly from a look played in one deck? This would be very cool!

Thanks
Andi
[O/][iii][O/] 11:08 AM - 19 October, 2012
Quote:
You people are never satisfied what ever serato do....
keep focus to play good musik and leave the rest to the company

Ummm, our dedicated, passionate feedback is a major reason Serato DOES WHAT IT DOES. If we only focused on music, SSL, ITCH, and now SDJ wouldn't be what it is.
[O/][iii][O/] 11:20 AM - 19 October, 2012
Quote:
We haven't abandoned 4 deck stack mode guys. It's just outside the scope of 1.0 unfortunately. As I mentioned, it's just the start and there is scope to add to this in follow up releases. I've passed the feedback on to the team!

Thank you Sam. Stacked 4 deck AND stacked 2 deck modes are what many of us EXCLUSIVELY use as they both provide the most efficient use of GUI real estate and one of the key things that separates SSL/ITCH from all competitors. Seems very strange Serato would choose to not roll out their new flagship controller software without its best viewing mode and bummed big time it didn't make it into 1.0, but thrilled to hear it's not abandoned. PLEASE put this at the top of Serato's list to address ASAP. Please.

Sam, can you please also speak to the missing artwork grid view options and missing day/night modes? Again, these are HUGE advantages SSL and ITCH has over the competition than many of us users have grown accustomed to and rely on every performance. For the life of me I can't understand why Serato would elect to not include such fantastic features we users have pleaded for years to have implemented and now are gone on what's to be the most advanced controller software Serato has released. To make things worse, the missing artwork grid options makes bouncing back and forth between SSL and SDJ (which many of us do) a much less seamless process because the user experience is no longer consistent.
GilesDavis 12:18 PM - 19 October, 2012
I would actually LOVE the option to disable ALL bpm info altogether. It would help get my ears to where I want them to be.

I know, I know... 'Just don't look at them' but my eyes just sort of drift there, y'know.
haze324 1:09 PM - 19 October, 2012
Quote:
makes bouncing back and forth between SSL and SDJ (which many of us do) a much less seamless process because the user experience is no longer consistent.

I think this is a great point. Understanding they are both different products, as I see it (and many of us use it). Itch/Serato Dj is my mobile application while SSL is my club application, having similar workflows in both (since both are Serato products) makes sense.

I also thought Daytime mode was pretty neat that Itch had it and not SSL. Now neither have it. Don't take away already well implemented features.
VJ Justin Allen 1:18 PM - 19 October, 2012
The issue is they are not "taking away" anything. Serato DJ is a brand new product, not an upgrade to Itch or even ScratchLive.

Itch has reached end of life (for whatever reason).
ScratchLive is only going to work with Rane products
Serato DJ seems to be positioned to move the Serato name the controller category is a different way.
[O/][iii][O/] 2:00 PM - 19 October, 2012
Quote:
The issue is they are not "taking away" anything. Serato DJ is a brand new product, not an upgrade to Itch or even ScratchLive.

Itch has reached end of life (for whatever reason).
ScratchLive is only going to work with Rane products
Serato DJ seems to be positioned to move the Serato name the controller category is a different way.

You seem to be forgetting that everyone who has already purchased an ITCH controller prior to SDJ and will be migrating to SDJ this spring. So yes, critical features ARE in fact being taken away.
[O/][iii][O/] 2:03 PM - 19 October, 2012
^^^ at least they are at launch. Only time will tell if/when they ever get back added back in, but if the jumping loops fiasco is any indication of responsiveness to go back and fix things then I wouldn't hold your breath for very long.
VinnyBlanc 2:04 PM - 19 October, 2012
I noticed in most of the screenshots that a loop later on in the track is activated and the current white position marker is earlier in the track. Is this an indication that we won't have that jump to loop issue?
LJ_WOOLSEY 2:12 PM - 19 October, 2012
also notice that at the same time ITCH controllers stopped Printing ITCH on the controller RANE also stopped printing SCRATCHLIVE on there hardware... hhhmmmm just makes sence to merge it all.
DJ dVO 2:25 PM - 19 October, 2012
If they merge and Rane produce a controller....oh boy..
[O/][iii][O/] 2:26 PM - 19 October, 2012
Quote:
I noticed in most of the screenshots that a loop later on in the track is activated and the current white position marker is earlier in the track. Is this an indication that we won't have that jump to loop issue?

$64,000 Question
[O/][iii][O/] 2:44 PM - 19 October, 2012
Would also like to know if SDJ will get the SPLICE feature we've been requesting for about six years now. serato.com
haze324 2:52 PM - 19 October, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

$64,000 Question

From the controlls on the virtual decks, it looks as if there is a jump to loop button (with the play symbol on it) and an activate loop button. So it looks as if both are on the decks and since this is only for use with the DDJ-SX at the momemnt, once and deduce it can do both.
dj-freestyle 2:55 PM - 19 October, 2012
Wow everybody needs to relax, holy crap. This is verison 1 of hundreds of update's to come. Its a process and they have to see what works and what doesnt. At least they can make changes now. Witch itch they were stuck and couldnt do crap so i think everybody should breathe a little and give them some time.
dj-freestyle 2:56 PM - 19 October, 2012
Explain the jump to loop issue?
[O/][iii][O/] 2:56 PM - 19 October, 2012
^^^ Good observation haze324. Wonderful news if true. And, IF true, does this mean that the VCI-380 and Twitch will be able to engage stored loops traditionally when they are approved for SDJ this spring? So many questions.
[O/][iii][O/] 2:57 PM - 19 October, 2012
Quote:
Explain the jump to loop issue?

Seriously?
dj-freestyle 2:59 PM - 19 October, 2012
Ya i use a ns6 and this hasnt been a issue so i asked for a explanation. Is that a tough question?
[O/][iii][O/] 3:09 PM - 19 October, 2012
Just surprised anyone here doesn't know about it, that's all because the jumping loops debacle has been covered ad nauseum here on this forum as well as every other DJ forum ever since it came up.

OK, here goes:

SSL and ITCH have always had consistent looping behavior with stored loops and that is when you select a stored loop, turn it on, the loop begins when the playhead reaches the loop and continues to loop until the loop is turned off and then the playhead continues from there. Every single ITCH controller behaves this way EXCEPT Twitch and the VCI-380. With those two units. when you select and turn on a stored loop, the playhead automatically JUMPS to wherever the loop is as if it where a hot cue. A cool feature reportedly for some, but for many others it destroys the mix and renders countless stored loops built up in the SSL/ITCH library over the years completely useless. Serato and their hardware "partners" never reported this new way of looping when these two controllers hit the market, nor did they report that traditional looping was completely removed in favor of the jumping loops so the user had no choice in how loops behave.
Deejay Akrylik 3:10 PM - 19 October, 2012
Quote:

PLEASE PUT FX ON VCI 300 and MIDI SUPPORT !!!
dj-freestyle 3:13 PM - 19 October, 2012
I undertand its been discussed over and over i just skipped over it becuase it didnt apply to me but i wanted to understand it and thats a really crappy thing to have happen. I undertand why people would be upset. I would guess since they copied alot of things from the ns6 that it wont be a issue. Thats my guess and all the other pioneer controllers dont do that either so im guesing we are all good.
dj-freestyle 3:14 PM - 19 October, 2012
p.s. thank you for the explanantion. much appreciated.
haze324 3:22 PM - 19 October, 2012
another thing is if it is not accessible from the controller, you should be able to activate the stored loop on the software with your mouse, assuming that's how you do it now with SSL.

(thats how I do it)
[O/][iii][O/] 3:23 PM - 19 October, 2012
No prob. It's a very sore subject so sorry for being rude at first.

Because of this bait n' switch inconsistency Serato and/or their "partners" have done with these units, I no longer assume even the simplest things that one would normally take for granted. Particularly with the VCI-380 because its own predecessors, the VCI300 and VCI-300MKII both have traditional looping. The trust to include such simple, critical, expected features is now gone. Sad, but it's the hand we've been dealt.

It's like buying a new car from a manufacturer you've bought dozens from over the years and every car before it has a reverse position on the shifter. But now, with the new model, there's no reverse position and the dealer tells you "Oh yeah, forgot to tell you, reverse is now gone. Instead, all you have to do is turn left or right, press the gas and move until you're facing the way you want to go. Cool, huh?!"
DJ dVO 3:28 PM - 19 October, 2012
The screen real estate (GUI) is becoming a mimic of Tracktor - load of options and info but not so useful when it comes to controlling them on the fly. A reason I never like Tracktor and chose Serato instead.

It begs the questions as to why build a controller full of functionalities only to have these duplicated on the screen. What is the real purpose and the drive behind the GUI development?? Is it to lure DJ into using their trackpad to navigate Serato DJ software in order to achieve certain functionality they so desire or is it to only display key but vital track info so that they can continue to rock the dance floor on the fly?

My analogy of hardware/software via PC integration is like comparing the HUD display on an F-18 and all the buttons there is available in the cockpit. You don't see every single info for every single button is displayed on a HUD, only the vital ones!

Not sure about everyone else but I have become so dependent on the track waveforms to choose my next song on the fly. The colour waveforms give out a lot of info about a track - for examples, vocals, base, rhythm, and event type of instruments in most cases. Similarly, album arts allow me to choose which version of the same song or quickly on the fly to pick out the one I recognize by the album art. The point here is that visualization is an important and vital part of hardware/software via a PC integration that GUI development must taken into consideration. Let hardware controls the robust functionalities of the software and let the software display vital info only. Lose the duplications is all I am requesting.... :)
VinnyBlanc 3:33 PM - 19 October, 2012
The on-screen duplication of hardware controls is so when they merge ssl in everything is just a mouse click away for those who don't want all the midi control...

Otherwise, why would it be there now?
[O/][iii][O/] 3:39 PM - 19 October, 2012
Quote:
Similarly, album arts allow me to choose which version of the same song or quickly on the fly to pick out the one I recognize by the album art. The point here is that visualization is an important and vital part ...

Agree 100%.

The artwork grids SSL and ITCH have are indispensable tools (as well as stackable 2/4 deck modes) that made these two programs not only consistent with one another, but allow them to stand way out ahead of the competition are now sadly gone from SDJ. THIS i802.photobucket.com is a beautiful, efficient, VISUAL workflow. It's crazy decisions like this that shake my faith in Serato at times. Who in their right mind, after all these years of users pleading for these features and finally implementing them would decide it's a good idea to delete them, and delete them right when they're launching a flagship system? :massivefacepalm:
[O/][iii][O/] 3:44 PM - 19 October, 2012
i802.photobucket.com

Four decks stacked with 25 tracks in the library all viewed together at any given time via ARTWORK. Bliss.
phatbob 3:49 PM - 19 October, 2012
Bet that works great on a 13" monitor. How many tracks in the library can you see then? 2?

I'm a big fan of stack view myself, but having such a high-res/big monitor is the exception, not the norm. Especially now Apple dropped the 17" Pro.
[O/][iii][O/] 3:51 PM - 19 October, 2012
Quote:
Bet that works great on a 13" monitor. How many tracks in the library can you see then? 2?

I'm a big fan of stack view myself, but having such a high-res/big monitor is the exception, not the norm. Especially now Apple dropped the 17" Pro.

No idea what it looks like on a 13. But that's the beauty of having the four different viewing options currently found on SSL/ITCH so the user can select whatever works for them based on their needs, desires, and monitor size real estate.
[O/][iii][O/] 3:54 PM - 19 October, 2012
Keep in mind, even on the smallest of monitors with poor resolution, you can minimize the virtual decks and expand the library for maximum track visibility in any artwork viewing mode.
R-A-C 3:59 PM - 19 October, 2012
so the V7 will be supported but not the denon? too bad :-/

horizontal mode looks great btw without those nasty beat match display thingies and stuff. i wish it was like that in SSL.
no screen of stack mode tho. has that been discarded?
jprime 4:12 PM - 19 October, 2012
"We want more stuff"

"OK here's more stuff!"

"It's cluttered with too much stuff :( "

"erhmagehrd"
haze324 4:13 PM - 19 October, 2012
Quote:
The on-screen duplication of hardware controls is so when they merge ssl in everything is just a mouse click away for those who don't want all the midi control...

Otherwise, why would it be there now?

I agree. Also folks have to understand there are more features on that GUI than there are buttons and knobs on a VCI-300 for example. So either users will use a mouse click or they will midi map it. Either way the feature will need an icon for those withouth a DDJ-SX to access them.
phatbob 4:15 PM - 19 October, 2012
Quote:
"We want more stuff"

"OK here's more stuff!"

"erhmagehrd"

1000 times THIS.
elsupermang 4:19 PM - 19 October, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
"We want more stuff"

"OK here's more stuff!"

"erhmagehrd"

1000 times THIS.

haha i agree people did ask for it.. now it's here. I personally think its ok, altho a bit more cluttered now.
phatbob 4:24 PM - 19 October, 2012
For me, Itch was always limited in terms of onscreen controls and info when compared to SL.

I'm delighted to see things like cue point times in the GUI.

Also, with midi mapping coming, I want the ability to map as much as possible available to me. I hate using Shift to access controls, I'd much rather utilise a second controller. So if having them mappable means a busier GUI, that works for me.
LJ_WOOLSEY 4:27 PM - 19 October, 2012
Quote:
For me, Itch was always limited in terms of onscreen controls and info when compared to SL.

I'm delighted to see things like cue point times in the GUI.

Also, with midi mapping coming, I want the ability to map as much as possible available to me. I hate using Shift to access controls, I'd much rather utilise a second controller. So if having them mappable means a busier GUI, that works for me.

+1
jprime 5:42 PM - 19 October, 2012
If they can find a way to show/hide elements to satisfy everyone, that'd be great.

Personally, I'll take functionality over looks any day of the week.
jprime 5:43 PM - 19 October, 2012
Quote:

Heck yes. Then fingers crossed the plugin SSL down the road :P
JBoogz 6:49 PM - 19 October, 2012
Did you guys see this article? djworx.com
Big Pops 7:24 PM - 19 October, 2012
We keep asking for more features ,GUYS come one at some point don't you expect the GUI to be cluttered to implement new features.
I suggest you read DJ Worx article .
[O/][iii][O/] 7:25 PM - 19 October, 2012
Quote:
We keep asking for more features ,GUYS come one at some point don't you expect the GUI to be cluttered to implement new features.
I suggest you read DJ Worx article .

That's why features should be user selectable so those that don't want/need them can turn them of and get them out of the GUI.
Big Pops 7:28 PM - 19 October, 2012
Samuel S any hopes on video of software and hardware
seratosnatch 8:41 PM - 19 October, 2012
I don't know what it is..just do not like it.
Looks like Circle soft synth app.
Over cluttered and ...dunno.
Honestly, Itch 2.0 looks better, just add better fx.
djjoefresh 8:45 PM - 19 October, 2012
Quote:
Did you guys see this article? djworx.com

+1
djemdub 9:32 PM - 19 October, 2012
Quote:
I don't know what it is..just do not like it.
Looks like Circle soft synth app.
Over cluttered and ...dunno.
Honestly, Itch 2.0 looks better, just add better fx.

And level meters, I'd be ok with that
DJ CAPRO 9:46 PM - 19 October, 2012
with respect to the constricted real estate just hit spacebar when you are looking for a tune

assuming they will leave spacebar = expand library view / collapse GUI
nik39 10:12 PM - 19 October, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

Thank you Sam. Stacked 4 deck AND stacked 2 deck modes are what many of us EXCLUSIVELY use as they both provide the most efficient use of GUI real estate and one of the key things that separates SSL/ITCH from all competitors. Seems very strange Serato would choose to not roll out their new flagship controller software without its best viewing mode and bummed big time it didn't make it into 1.0, but thrilled to hear it's not abandoned. PLEASE put this at the top of Serato's list to address ASAP. Please.

Sam, can you please also speak to the missing artwork grid view options and missing day/night modes? Again, these are HUGE advantages SSL and ITCH has over the competition than many of us users have grown accustomed to and rely on every performance. For the life of me I can't understand why Serato would elect to not include such fantastic features we users have pleaded for years to have implemented and now are gone on what's to be the most advanced controller software Serato has released. To make things worse, the missing artwork grid options makes bouncing back and forth between SSL and SDJ (which many of us do) a much less seamless process because the user experience is no longer consistent.

Dude, seriously... Can you please stop posting "in the name of the majority"?

You seem to think of a fiasco about the looping issue. Thats fine. But this is Your Personal Opinion! Dont portray it as if all (or the majority) think the same or have the same workflow as you.
The same goes for your scientifically based opinion about the stacked view being the number one view of all users.

Jesus.

Its totally fine to complain and post YOUR point of view, but please dont act as everyone agrees with you, thus this is the end the world.

For me personally, i dont care about stacked view. From the djs i know...maybe 2 oit of 10 use stacked view. For me it would be fine if they add it later.

However, personall i'd preferred it if they had waited to getall core functionlity first before releasing the software.
[O/][iii][O/] 10:24 PM - 19 October, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Dude, seriously... Can you please stop posting "in the name of the majority"?

You seem to think of a fiasco about the looping issue. Thats fine. But this is Your Personal Opinion! Dont portray it as if all (or the majority) think the same or have the same workflow as you.
The same goes for your scientifically based opinion about the stacked view being the number one view of all users.

Jesus.

Its totally fine to complain and post YOUR point of view, but please dont act as everyone agrees with you, thus this is the end the world.

For me personally, i dont care about stacked view. From the djs i know...maybe 2 oit of 10 use stacked view. For me it would be fine if they add it later.

However, personall i'd preferred it if they had waited to getall core functionlity first before releasing the software.

Hello. Please point out for me where, any where for that matter where I've stated, portrayed, or even implied "majority" or "the number one view of all users" or "act as everyone agrees with you". Please... pretty please. I challenge you to.

Fact is many do agree, and many many not, and many I'm sure have no opinion one way or another, and guess what, that's ok. Really, it is. No need to get your panties in all knotted up because I happen to share opinions, opinions many happen to share ;-)
seratosnatch 10:24 PM - 19 October, 2012
Traktor meets Torque
phatbob 10:25 PM - 19 October, 2012
I always use stack mode with both Itch and SL... But I have never seen another DJ 'in the wild' using it.

So I can understand if one view had to go, even temporarily, it was always likely to be stack mode.

The biggest complaint when the SL3 came out was that you HAD to use stack mode to see all 3 decks. People wanted a 'regular' 4 deck view, as we see in Itch and now Serato DJ.
[O/][iii][O/] 10:26 PM - 19 October, 2012
sorry, meant to type ", and many MAY not, and..." in first sentence of second paragraph.
[O/][iii][O/] 10:28 PM - 19 October, 2012
Quote:
I always use stack mode with both Itch and SL...

Well now, lookie there nik39, there's someone right there who happens to share my opinion about a particular feature right there. Many more I can introduce you to in person if you'd like ;-)
nik39 10:31 PM - 19 October, 2012
Oiio

" Stacked 4 deck AND stacked 2 deck modes are what many of us EXCLUSIVELY"

' can you please also speak to the missing artwork grid view options and missing day/night modes? Again, these are HUGE advantages SSL and ITCH has over the competition than many of us users have grown accustomed to and rely on every performance"

1st of... I have never ever seen a dj using day mode in itch in the wild.

2nd... Your argument about "many" rely on these modes in SL is absolutely flawed. I'll leave it to you to find out why ;)

As said.. Totally fine to share your opinion and to post conplaints. But please dobt speak of behalf of others, esp if you dont make sense ;)
[O/][iii][O/] 10:31 PM - 19 October, 2012
Quote:

I'm going to have to say that you may want to seriously bring back the stacked mode for SDJ. In Itch I find it the most optimum mode for 4 deck display.

Holy smokes nik39, are you actually reading before you type or are do you just have a happy trigger finger, because right here in this very thread is yet another user who happens to agree with me about a particular feature.

lol
nik39 10:34 PM - 19 October, 2012
Oiio, i dont care about how many you know! As mich as you should not care about those I know. I am not speakingabout absolute numbers, because they are kind of irrelevant here. I assume you agree.
[O/][iii][O/] 10:34 PM - 19 October, 2012
Quote:

Aaaaaaand yet another for ya nik39.

Shall we go on?

PS: Still waiting for you to back up your claims buddy ;-)
[O/][iii][O/] 10:38 PM - 19 October, 2012
Quote:
Oiio, i dont care about how many you know!

Sure you do or you wouldn't have posted about it ;-)

Quote:
As mich as you should not care about those I know.

I could careless how many you know as it doesn't affect me. Duh. That's why I never post about stuff I don't want, only stuff I DO want. Big difference. Maybe when you grow up you'll understand this method.

Quote:
I am not speakingabout absolute numbers,

Obviously lol.

Quote:
because they are kind of irrelevant here.

If they were irrelevant then why did you bring any of this up? :-/

Quote:
I assume you agree.

Guess again. lol
nik39 10:38 PM - 19 October, 2012
Claim what? I think you're not understanding at all. Just look at your assumption: 1. Every dj must not like the looping behaviour of the vci380. 2. Every dj must have hadknown about your thread and the complaints.

I could read from your reaction how narrow your view is, and you also acknowledged and apologized actually. Fair enough ;)
LJ_WOOLSEY 10:39 PM - 19 October, 2012
I agree with nik39 i always see YOU posting bitching lol
nik39 10:40 PM - 19 October, 2012
Dude, please...i dont care about your absolute numbers. You know what i mean. Dont start stupid nitpicking.

And again... I am not presenting you my absolute numbers. Read again.
[O/][iii][O/] 10:41 PM - 19 October, 2012
Quote:
Just look at your assumption: 1. Every dj must not like the looping behaviour of the vci380.

Again, please show me where I posted this.

[O/][iii][O/] 10:42 PM - 19 October, 2012
Quote:
I agree with nik39 i always see YOU posting bitching lol

Agree with what, that I voice opinions about things I'm passionate about? Yes, of course I do, but if you go back and read what nik39 wrote you'll see that's not what he's saying. He's saying something much different in that I make false claims, claims he's yet to show a single example of.
[O/][iii][O/] 10:43 PM - 19 October, 2012
Nice backpedaling nik39.
phatbob 10:47 PM - 19 October, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

Well now, lookie there nik39, there's someone right there who happens to share my opinion about a particular feature right there. Many more I can introduce you to in person if you'd like ;-)

Nice quoting there, missing out the part where I then said I've never seen another DJ using stack mode.

You're full of it.
[O/][iii][O/] 10:49 PM - 19 October, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Nice quoting there, missing out the part where I then said I've never seen another DJ using stack mode.

You're full of it.

No, I didn't miss quote you saying "I always use stack mode", meaning YOU, not anyone else you see. I was using YOU and YOU alone to illustrate yet another user who agrees with me opinion, that's all :-)
nik39 10:51 PM - 19 October, 2012
I am not backpeddling at all. Just concentrating on the main points as i am typing from my phone.

Again, i assume you mean relative numbers and not absolute numbers, because it wont make sense otherwise.With that said when you say "many" this must be compared to another number, the so called oppposite "not many" (which like the looping and the other views). So you are making assumptions of the relative numbers.

Just dont speak for them. Otherwise it will make you stupid. ;) esp... Dont try to talk about those "many" djs who use scratch live and rely on day and night mode. Lol. Because there is no such mode in SL.
phatbob 10:51 PM - 19 October, 2012
Except I don't agree with your opinion.

I explained exactly why I felt that if any mode was to go, it would be the unpopular stack mode.

Because hardly anyone uses it.
DjWoody 10:56 PM - 19 October, 2012
I don't use stack mode.
phatbob 10:57 PM - 19 October, 2012
Sorry if all this is keeping you from moaning about the saved loop behaviour on the 380 by the way.

You'd better check in the video help area, think there might be a few threads over there you didn't mention it in yet.
[O/][iii][O/] 10:58 PM - 19 October, 2012
Quote:
I am not backpeddling at all.

Um, yeah you are.

Quote:

Again, i assume you mean relative numbers and not absolute numbers, because it wont make sense otherwise.With that said when you say "many" this must be compared to another number, the so called oppposite "not many" (which like the looping and the other views). So you are making assumptions of the relative numbers.

Just dont speak for them. Otherwise it will make you stupid. ;) esp... Dont try to talk about those "many" djs who use scratch live and rely on day and night mode. Lol. Because there is no such mode in SL.

nik39, here's the deal, from where I am from and the many places I go, I do in fact KNOW and SEE many fellow Serato SL and ITCH users using the features I'm speaking of. That is my reference and I've never once claimed anything more than that. You know this becuase you now can't find anywhere I have.

Oh, and regarding day/night mode in SSL, I never once said it had that feature. Go back, actually READ the post, carefully now, and I confident you'll come to this conclusion. However, I do know many DJs who use SL in daylight (self included) who will go into the settings of their MacBooks and invert the display to simulate the effect. Not the same thing o course, but it's helps until if/when SSL ever inherits day/night viewing mode.
[O/][iii][O/] 11:00 PM - 19 October, 2012
Quote:

I explained exactly why I felt that if any mode was to go, it would be the unpopular stack mode.

I never claimed you said you felt it was unpopular. What I illustrated for nik39 was that here (YOU) are another user who uses it, thereby supporting my claim that others share my opinion that stacked mode is their preferred mode. Understand the difference? If not, I suggest you go back to school and learn language.
[O/][iii][O/] 11:01 PM - 19 October, 2012
Quote:
I don't use stack mode.

That's great! I'm happy for you DJWoody. That's the wonderful thing about having options now isn't it :-)
phatbob 11:05 PM - 19 October, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

I never claimed you said you felt it was unpopular. What I illustrated for nik39 was that here (YOU) are another user who uses it, thereby supporting my claim that others share my opinion that stacked mode is their preferred mode. Understand the difference? If not, I suggest you go back to school and learn language.

You and I do not equal 'many'.

What am I misunderstanding about that?
VJ Justin Allen 11:06 PM - 19 October, 2012
On my second bag of popcorn already.
phatbob 11:07 PM - 19 October, 2012
Quote:
On my second bag of popcorn already.

Like old times, eh, mate? ;-)
VJ Justin Allen 11:08 PM - 19 October, 2012
lol glad to be on the outside of this one.
[O/][iii][O/] 11:09 PM - 19 October, 2012
Quote:

You and I do not equal 'many'.

What am I misunderstanding about that?

I never once claimed that YOU and I do equate to many. Again, for those not following along here, all I did was illustrate nor nik39 yet another user who shares my opinion about a particular feature. That's all, nothing more, nothing less. I think you're getting a bit confused phatbob which may be why you are misunderstanding what is being said and what's not being said.
[O/][iii][O/] 11:10 PM - 19 October, 2012
Hey fellas, this is all on nik39, not me. Read the transcript :-)
[O/][iii][O/] 11:12 PM - 19 October, 2012
Popcorn does sound good right about now and I'd love to continue trying to help nik39 understand where he went wrong, but he's yet to show examples of his claims and I've got a gig to start preparing for. Til later. Take care.
phatbob 11:13 PM - 19 October, 2012
Yeah, I have been reading the whole thread.

I can assure you, if have agreed with you about anything, ever, it has been unintended on my part.
jprime 11:19 PM - 19 October, 2012
Someone do me a science plz!
nik39 11:22 PM - 19 October, 2012
Honestly, if you cant back your words, keep them for yourself. By repeating 'youre backpeddling' doesnt mean youre giving those words any more weight. The fact that i am responding and arguing with you clearly shows I am not backpeddling. And i also explained to you why i wont be nitpicking and reaponding to every single point from you - BECAUSE I AM TYPING FROM A PHONE.

About your day mode excuse... This is what you wrote:
" can you please also speak to the missing artwork grid view options and missing day/night modes? Again, these are HUGE advantages SSL and ITCH has"
Either you we're using wrong words or you simply had no clue. No where did you say anything in that post aboit inverting the screen, which would also exclude windows sl users in your number of so "many" users.

About your "numbers"..now we're getting closer. So when you said "many" you must have meant "the majority" (of those djs you know). The majority is what counts, not those 3 people you quotes from this thread (or whatever the nunber was ( And, YES, i read those posts before you quoted them) it doesnt change anything.).

I think that serato had found out that some features are being less used than others (from surveys maybe?), the important features (and more popular ones) will make it into 1.0. Others like the stacked view/day mode have probably been pushed back, because they are less used or not mission critical. Just assuming. But it makes sense imho.
LJ_WOOLSEY 11:28 PM - 19 October, 2012
Still going thos must now be a lockin lol
Dj Wunder 11:47 PM - 19 October, 2012
this is fun, but i have a serato dj question (and yes, I'll go check for myself, this just popped in to my mind while reading the saga)

will this new software tax my MBP any more than SSL? I'm running a late-2008 maxed out on Snow Leopard
[O/][iii][O/] 11:47 PM - 19 October, 2012
OK, got a quick moment and on a mobile phone now too so please forgive any typos.

Quote:
Honestly, if you cant back your words, keep them for yourself.

nik39, may I remind you that YOU are the one who decided to start all this by making false claims and now can't back them up lol. See the irony here? Check the transcript ;-)

Quote:
About your day mode excuse... This is what you wrote:
" can you please also speak to the missing artwork grid view options and missing day/night modes? Again, these are HUGE advantages SSL and ITCH has"
Either you we're using wrong words or you simply had no clue. No where did you say anything in that post aboit inverting the screen, which would also exclude windows sl users in your number of so "many" users.

lol, you've quoted me twice on this and still can't manage to read. Here, let me help you once again. I'll even capitalize key words to assist you. What I said was "...can you please also speak to the missing ARTWORK GRID VIEW options AND missing DAY/NIGHT MODES? Again, these are HUGE advantages SSL and ITCH has". Read it one more time nik39. Do you see it now? See ARTWORK GRID VIEW is something ITCH AND SSL has, and DAY/NIGHT MODE is something ITCH has. Never did I say day/night mode is on both programs, I simply referenced a couple of features found in ONE or BOTH programs. See the difference now? So you can put your little detective cap away now until you learn to READ. And, to your remark about inverting the screen on Macs, that was a followup tidbit in ANOTHER post just let you know how it can kind of be done in SSL in a pinch if you needed to and wasn't aware of it. You really are confused aren't you.

Quote:

About your "numbers"..now we're getting closer. So when you said "many" you must have meant "the majority" (of those djs you know). The majority is what counts, not those 3 people you quotes from this thread (or whatever the nunber was ( And, YES, i read those posts before you quoted them) it doesnt change anything.)

No, when I said "many" I simply meant what I said, many. You are the one who added the word "majority" to all this and tried to claim it's what I've said, which of course I never have and you're argument is now falling apart right in front of you as you franticly search for an example to support your claim that doesn't exist.
DJ_X_Trodinaire 11:55 PM - 19 October, 2012
Quote:
this is fun, but i have a serato dj question (and yes, I'll go check for myself, this just popped in to my mind while reading the saga)

will this new software tax my MBP any more than SSL? I'm running a late-2008 maxed out on Snow Leopard

Finally a legit question :P

Vci380 was a process hog on my 2009 17 macbookpro I think the serato dj might be more.
Dj Wunder 12:18 AM - 20 October, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

Finally a legit question :P

Vci380 was a process hog on my 2009 17 macbookpro I think the serato dj might be more.

Slowdowns at all? My 2008 unibody already stutters a little (GUI only) when I'm going full out with SSL + Video + FX etc........ shit.
irieproductions 12:38 AM - 20 October, 2012
I'll probably be using this view
i.sera.to

im ok with the new interface, is not going to affect my workflow or djing experience nor the crowd experience. If i had to suggest something probably remove loop controls and hot cues from the deck since there are controls on the hardware. The FX bar/sp6/rec can be hidden if you deselect them from the top im pretty sure.
forty 1:43 AM - 20 October, 2012
Quote:
If my memory serves me correct, a lot of people wanted a decimal point BPM read out in waveform view like you had in library view (at least in Scratch Live). We now seem to have it in waveform view, but in library view, all the screenshots show whole number BPM.

Please tell me it wasn't added to waveform view AND removed form library view?

I know this is SDJ and not SSL, but it's quite clear that the interface of SSL will go down the same path as SDJ & SDJI.

Anyone from Serato care to respond to this?

VERY curious why they would remove the decimal point from the BPM readout in Library view, considering it's the view with the least BPM matching 'assistance'.

And yes, I'm aware SDJ has sync. It's more a question for when the inevitable happens and this skin goes into SSL.
Maskrider 1:55 AM - 20 October, 2012
I agree with DjCerla it looks cluttered.
VJ Justin Allen 2:01 AM - 20 October, 2012
I never understood the point about using decimal points in the BPM. 126 (for example) should be fine as a display. I rarely mix 126 to 126, it's usually 126 to something higher. Just fine tune with your ears.
forty 2:18 AM - 20 October, 2012
Quote:
I never understood the point about using decimal points in the BPM. 126 (for example) should be fine as a display. I rarely mix 126 to 126, it's usually 126 to something higher. Just fine tune with your ears.

Having DJ'd for more than 15 years professionally, using my ears isn't the problem in most cases.

It's actually EXTREMELY handy when monitoring is bad or fails (it happens) and also an excellent diagnostic tool for pitch calibration, more than the percentage indicator in SSL.

Again, most of these concerns are directed towards the skins inevitable integration into SSL rather than SDJ, but it does seem weird to remove it from that view. It's not like it's using up valuable screen real estate.
pdidy 2:35 AM - 20 October, 2012
Quote:
I always use stack mode with both Itch and SL... But I have never seen another DJ 'in the wild' using it.

We have stack mode....is that a new feature ?
high-go 5:19 AM - 20 October, 2012
Where is a screen shot with serato Video ?
nik39 5:31 AM - 20 October, 2012
Oiio,

" you've quoted me twice on this and still can't manage to read"..."can you please also speak to the missing artwork grid view options [bold] and [/bold] missing day/night modes? Again, these are HUGE advantages SSL [bold] and [/bold] ITCH has"

Dude, looks like youa have problems expressing yourself. Saying:

A and B is something that C and D have, means:
C has A
C has B
D has A
D has B

Simple logic 101. Now dont you make up excuses and backpeddle. If you mean something else, say something else.

So you meant "many" and not "majority"? This makes no sense at all. Who cares and what difference does it make that you know many? What does many mean? 3? 30? 300? If you know 100 djs, and youre talking about 30, does 30 mean many? If you mean many is 300,000 - that really sounds many, right? If you know 500,000,000 djs, then the"300,000"-many means a shit, because there are 499,700,000 who dont belong to your set of 300,000-many. As you can see many needs a reference if you want it to mean something. I am sure you wanted "many" to mean something in your "claims" otherwise you would had not used the word i hope.

As you can see your use of logic words and operators ("and" is such a logical operator) plus your use of numbers or set-words ("many") dont make sense.
Now you can call me backpeddling again - i dont care, cause you also dont seem to know what that means either.

I said to you what i had to say. If you dont understand it... It is what it is. ;)
djemdub 6:17 AM - 20 October, 2012
Looks cluttered.I hope that they add customization options to it soon after it becomes available for the ns6
djcerla 11:26 AM - 20 October, 2012
SETUP > REMOVE CLUTTER

Hides GUI controls that duplicate hardware ones ;)
[O/][iii][O/] 12:11 PM - 20 October, 2012
Quote:
Oiio,

" you've quoted me twice on this and still can't manage to read"..."can you please also speak to the missing artwork grid view options [bold] and [/bold] missing day/night modes? Again, these are HUGE advantages SSL [bold] and [/bold] ITCH has"

Dude, looks like youa have problems expressing yourself. Saying:

C has A
C has B
D has A
D has B

Simple logic 101. Now dont you make up excuses and backpeddle. If you mean something else, say something else.

So you meant "many" and not "majority"? This makes no sense at all. Who cares and what difference does it make that you know many? What does many mean? 3? 30? 300? If you know 100 djs, and youre talking about 30, does 30 mean many? If you mean many is 300,000 - that really sounds many, right? If you know 500,000,000 djs, then the"300,000"-many means a shit, because there are 499,700,000 who dont belong to your set of 300,000-many. As you can see many needs a reference if you want it to mean something. I am sure you wanted "many" to mean something in your "claims" otherwise you would had not used the word i hope.

As you can see your use of logic words and operators ("and" is such a logical operator) plus your use of numbers or set-words ("many") dont make sense.
Now you can call me backpeddling again - i dont care, cause you also dont seem to know what that means either.

I said to you what i had to say. If you dont understand it... It is what it is. ;)

Still backpedaling I see, still unable to show evidence of your claims, and trying to divert from your original accusation by now talking about the casual order of words (albeit not perfect) used on another subject (day/night mode lol). I understand this predicament of yours just fine nik39. You've gotten your foot in it and are now trying to find a way out. Futile attempt, but funny to watch nonetheless. I simple apology for starting this stupid debate would suffice, but something tells me you won't take that path. Don't think I've ever seen someone so concerned about what someone else wants or don't wants as features, but I'm flattered you do.

In any case, you wanted something scientific, ok, how's a poll conducted by another member? Exactly how scientific it is I don't know and I'm sure you'll refute its validity, but here it is for you to chew on www.polljunkie.com

And to the word "many" which is all I've ever claimed (not "majority" as you've tried and failed to stick me with), many SSL and ITCH users use video too. I don't and I don't really care about it one way or another, but do realize that although they may not represent the majority of SSL/ITCH users, they still represent a sizable group that merits a voice. If they didn't, I highly doubt Serato would be providing video in the first place. So yes, the word "many" does support my claims and does in fact make perfect sense.

Sounds like you need a little refresher on what the word many actually means given your continued state of confusion over it:

many
adjective \ˈme-nē\
1 : consisting of or amounting to a large but indefinite number <worked for many years>
Reference www.merriam-webster.com

:-)
dj-nice 1:20 PM - 20 October, 2012
Quote:
f I'm extended mode (4 decks / horizontal) and I press Prepare, will it change the layer into Library mode (as long as Prepare is opened)? Exactly like Itch did. This is one features I really love, 'cos I use 12,5" display.

Itch never switched in Lib-Mode while opened [prepare]. This was the reason i choose Itch and not Traktor.

So what in Serato DJ?
DJdaveZ 1:23 PM - 20 October, 2012
o iii o,

the itch forum is not the entire world.

who cares?!

everyone bitches about the software like idiot kids. its not going to change anything. they are going to release it. we'll all be like backseat criticizing it until spring when we get it, then we'll love it. and at the same time, asking for more stuff. then DJ 1.0.1 comes out, and we got some stuff, but not enough... and we're happy but still bitching. geez. WHEN is enough enough? Go WORK!

those of us that work regularly and have been with itch from almost the beginning... we made money with the old software, without improvements, without video. I love the video and a bunch of changes to make it better, but the bottom line is... i bought vci years ago and have been making money ever since... without many hiccups in the software, just computer issues actually (before i got a mac). Anyway........ new shit for free is a blessing. but either way, you haven equipment that makes you money. THAT is DJing... go do some of it.
[O/][iii][O/] 1:47 PM - 20 October, 2012
Quote:
o iii o,

the itch forum is not the entire world.

who cares?!

I never claimed it was. Not sure what your point is here.

Who cares about what? Not sure what your point is here either.

Quote:

everyone bitches about the software like idiot kids. its not going to change anything. they are going to release it. we'll all be like backseat criticizing it until spring when we get it, then we'll love it. and at the same time, asking for more stuff. then DJ 1.0.1 comes out, and we got some stuff, but not enough... and we're happy but still bitching. geez. WHEN is enough enough? Go WORK!

those of us that work regularly and have been with itch from almost the beginning... we made money with the old software, without improvements, without video. I love the video and a bunch of changes to make it better, but the bottom line is... i bought vci years ago and have been making money ever since... without many hiccups in the software, just computer issues actually (before i got a mac). Anyway........ new shit for free is a blessing. but either way, you haven equipment that makes you money. THAT is DJing... go do some of it.

It's interesting that you view feedback about features we currently have that are being taken away as "bitching". The reason for the feedback, as stated before, is that there are users (self included) that prefer, have grown accustomed to, rely on, and consider reasons to use Serato products vs competitive products. Sam has addressed one of those features (stacked decks) and that's great. There are still a few more features we currently have that appear to be missing in the coming system that we'd like to get response on as well. That's it. For some bizarre reason there are a few here who are turning this dialogue into something completely different.

PS: I work every day. Not sure what that has to do with any of this either :-/
[O/][iii][O/] 1:50 PM - 20 October, 2012
Perhaps you didn't actually read the thread thoroughly DJdaveZ, but it went haywire when nik39 decided to make false claims against me. All I did previous to that was offering opinion and ask questions.
seratosnatch 2:36 PM - 20 October, 2012
Why do all these dj apps have to look the same?
I do not see Ableton looking like Cubase and Logic..
phatbob 4:32 PM - 20 October, 2012
Which DJ apps are you talking about? Apart from the fact they've all got virtual decks, waveforms, and a browseable library (which would seem fairly important), I don't see much aesthetic similarity between Traktor, VDJ, Djay or Serato software.

Put Ableton in arrangement mode and it doesn't exactly look a million miles from Cubase... In many areas function must dictate form.
seratosnatch 4:41 PM - 20 October, 2012
Traktor, Torq, and Virtual dj looks like Serato DJ.. Itch 2.0 had a bit more of its own style, but whatever. Maybe they become more popular.
nik39 4:45 PM - 20 October, 2012
oiio

Quote:
[jibberish removed]
And to the word "many" which is all I've ever claimed (not "majority" as you've tried and failed to stick me with), many SSL and ITCH users use video too.
[jibberish removed]

None of your absolute numbers matter.

For a change.. start making sense ;) Oh wait, you enjoy doing what you do. .. Continue to amuse us :)

Quote:
Don't think I've ever seen someone so concerned about what someone else wants or don't wants as features, but I'm flattered you do.

Something tells me you're a family member of jonnym. Suffers from same delusional thoughts.
saNppa 4:46 PM - 20 October, 2012
Quote:

Sounds like VirtualDJ is for you. With skins you give it a new look everyday. Personally I just care about functionallity of lay-out.
[O/][iii][O/] 4:55 PM - 20 October, 2012
Quote:
"None of your absolute numbers matter." — nik39 (11:45 AM - 20 October, 2012)

QFP ;-)
nik39 5:04 PM - 20 October, 2012
oiio, I read many weird posts from you.

Yes, I said it. Many! Lol.

See what I did?

Thought so ;)
[O/][iii][O/] 5:15 PM - 20 October, 2012
Quote:

See what I did?

Thought so ;)

Yes, very happy to see that you're finally understanding the definition of "many" and using the word properly. Gold star for nik39! :-)
seratosnatch 7:23 PM - 20 October, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

Sounds like VirtualDJ is for you. With skins you give it a new look everyday. Personally I just care about functionallity of lay-out.

Yes, I totally agree with you.. functionality is what I care about too and to work with a straight forward setup, not a Playstation Game.
seratosnatch 7:31 PM - 20 October, 2012
Functionality is the key..Itch 2.2 is good, but this for me is not better yet.
The only real test and answer will be when it comes out.
I can only say my faith is kind of lost here. I have been on Serato for over 8 years
now and after the drop of Xone DX support and now this overbloated DJ app that looks like Winamp from like 1998..I dunno anymore. I am trying to feel optimistic, but I honestly have this intuition that when SDJ 1.0 comes out, it will be a let down again. Only Serato app I think is quite solid and original is SSL.
DJ dVO 8:49 PM - 20 October, 2012
Think I'll rock with Itch 2.2.2 for a long time. I just ordered a vci-380 so I now have two controllers running Itch. Maybe one of them I will use SDJ but I am in no rush to upgrade.
nik39 9:55 PM - 20 October, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

See what I did?

Thought so ;)

Yes, very happy to see that you're finally understanding the definition of "many" and using the word properly. Gold star for nik39! :-)

Thought so. You didn't under a single point.
[O/][iii][O/] 10:20 PM - 20 October, 2012
Quote:
"Thought so. You didn't under a single point." — nik39 (4:55 PM - 20 October, 2012)

QFP :-)

Yo mamma, yo daddy, and yo greasy, greasy gammy!
Nephew#1 10:21 PM - 20 October, 2012
The engine is more important than the body!
nik39 7:08 AM - 21 October, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

See what I did?

Thought so ;)

Thought so. You didn't under a single point.

Sorry. I bad spell checking... I meant to write
"oiio: Thought so. You didn't understood a single point"
phatbob 10:51 AM - 21 October, 2012
This might seem rich coming from me, but by the time you're getting that deep into semantics, it's probably time to call it a day, lads. ;-)
signs 11:23 AM - 21 October, 2012
... Remember that these Screenshots were taken on a 13" MacBook...
[O/][iii][O/] 4:09 PM - 21 October, 2012
Quote:
Sorry. I bad spell checking... I meant to write
"Thought so. You didn't understood a single point" — nik39 (2:08 AM - 21 October, 2012)

Oh, that's much better. Excellent grammar too! Must QFP this one as well :-)

lol

Quote:
This might seem rich coming from me, but by the time you're getting that deep into semantics, it's probably time to call it a day, lads. ;-)

Yeah, I'm just toying with nik39 at this point. SInce he failed to backup anything he claimed and conveniently skips over what I have backed up he's pretty much lost all credibility here in this thread. No biggie, it's humorous, but getting bit boring now as dismantling his arguments is shooting fish in barrel.
phatbob 5:12 PM - 21 October, 2012
To be fair, it's more interesting watching Nik get a rise out of you than having to endure your endless whining about the looping behaviour of Itch. Maybe you guys should just carry on.
LJ_WOOLSEY 5:18 PM - 21 October, 2012
Quote:
To be fair, it's more interesting watching Nik get a rise out of you than having to endure your endless whining about the looping behaviour of Itch. Maybe you guys should just carry on.

Lol +1
nik39 5:24 PM - 21 October, 2012
Nah I'm good :) you exposed yourself more than enough oiio :)
[O/][iii][O/] 6:23 PM - 21 October, 2012
Quote:

Who's whining?

I bought Twitch, discovered the looping problem on it, found out it's "supposed" to be like that, and promptly returned the unit.

I bought the NS6, discovered traditional looping was available, and kept the unit.

I bought the VCI-380, discovered the looping problem on it, found out it's "supposed" to be like that, and promptly returned the unit.

I'm now considering the DDJ-SX and am inquiring about whether or not traditional looping will be available on it as this is an important feature for me and others who require traditional looping.

I'm sorry you view this as "whining", but from I come from it's called doing homework and exercising responsible purchasing decisions.

:-/
Dj Wunder 6:25 PM - 21 October, 2012
Fuk. Can anyone post a link to a thread about Serato DJ and the DDJ-SX?
[O/][iii][O/] 6:28 PM - 21 October, 2012
From where I'm sitting, the only person whining here is nik39 and phatbob about a fellow forum member stating facts, voicing opinion an doing research. Nice work guys. What are you two, teenagers?
Dj Cooly C 6:42 PM - 21 October, 2012
love the new look, great job Serata team.
[O/][iii][O/] 6:43 PM - 21 October, 2012
Oh, BTW, almost forgot, also inquired about whether or not the VCI-380 will regain traditional looping when it will be running on SDJ, because if it will, I'll likely repurchase the VCI-380 for gig scenarios that require a smaller controller solution. Again, doing homework for responsible purchasing.
DJ Dub Cowboy 7:00 PM - 21 October, 2012
I'm sure all your answers will be revealed when it is released.
WarpNote 7:28 PM - 21 October, 2012
Quote:
I'm sure all your answers will be revealed when it is released.

This....
And honestly OiiiO, you did talk A LOT about the looping issues, most people would consider thoses repeaded posts whining. I do agree the looping should be like normal, ie not jumping in. Same as you prefer, but damn, you spent quite some posting about that....
[O/][iii][O/] 7:53 PM - 21 October, 2012
Yeah, probably more vocal than most, but it's a huge feature to have missing (critical in fact for myself and many others I perform with) and have been burned by two of my last three controller purchases because they had the jumping loops only (see above). Not assuming even the simplest things like this anymore on future purchases, hence the questions. I'm not in a position where I can stroll into a local store that carries these things and try them out so I rely solely on info from here. Sure, I can internet order, which I've done in the past, but the returns due to unexpected looping behavior has cost me quite a bit in shipping and restocking fees. Surely you guys can understand, or at least some of you.
WarpNote 8:16 PM - 21 October, 2012
Quote:
Yeah, probably twice or more as vocal than anyone else
fixed...

See, this is exactly why I have an issue with a lot of the forum users here. Everyone is so eager to buy "new shiny" that they don't do the research they should before buying. Then come back to complain about something the assumed would work another way.

And you did that not only once, but twice? Seriously, you can only blame yourself at this point. I doubt you'll get any more details about the software utill it actually launches.
[O/][iii][O/] 8:33 PM - 21 October, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
Yeah, probably twice or more as vocal than anyone else
fixed...

See, this is exactly why I have an issue with a lot of the forum users here. Everyone is so eager to buy "new shiny" that they don't do the research they should before buying. Then come back to complain about something the assumed would work another way.

And you did that not only once, but twice? Seriously, you can only blame yourself at this point. I doubt you'll get any more details about the software utill it actually launches.

Correct, I do blame myself for assuming a basic feature would be on those two units, because me assumed it would be since EVERY other ITCH controller had it. Now I assume nothing, again, hence all the questions. Hilarious that now I get slammed for asking a ton of questions :-/
[O/][iii][O/] 8:34 PM - 21 October, 2012
Can't win with you bunch of dolts.
nik39 8:36 PM - 21 October, 2012
Quote:
Can't win with you bunch of adults.

I feel sorry for you, oiio ;)
[O/][iii][O/] 8:36 PM - 21 October, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
Can't win with you bunch of adults.

I feel sorry for you, oiio ;)

Likewise :-)
[O/][iii][O/] 8:40 PM - 21 October, 2012
Quote:
I do agree the looping should be like normal, ie not jumping in. Same as you prefer, .

Oh, and there's another for you nik39 ;-)

lol
djcerla 8:41 PM - 21 October, 2012
Quote:

All-out nuclear launch detected :-)
[O/][iii][O/] 8:45 PM - 21 October, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

All-out nuclear launch detected :-)

lol :-)
serkan 10:29 PM - 21 October, 2012
Quote:

C has A
C has B
D has A
D has B

This made me looooooool :)
Quote:

SETUP > REMOVE CLUTTER

Hides GUI controls that duplicate hardware ones ;)

Duplicate hardware ones?
Which hardware?
The all-simple VCI-300 or the full-fledged DDJ-SX?
There are ITCH-Controllers...
...with no/5/8 cue buttons.
...with/without dedicated loop buttons.
...with/without dedicated FX sections.

With all the view options provided it's a little too easy to say it's cluttered.
dj lashes 3:58 AM - 22 October, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

Who's whining?

I bought Twitch, discovered the looping problem on it, found out it's "supposed" to be like that, and promptly returned the unit.

I bought the NS6, discovered traditional looping was available, and kept the unit.

I bought the VCI-380, discovered the looping problem on it, found out it's "supposed" to be like that, and promptly returned the unit.

I'm now considering the DDJ-SX and am inquiring about whether or not traditional looping will be available on it as this is an important feature for me and others who require traditional looping.

I'm sorry you view this as "whining", but from I come from it's called doing homework and exercising responsible purchasing decisions.

:-/

I see your point so clear happen to me with the patter scroll on the vci300 then i moved to ns6 it was not there which i used alot having many tracks in crates it made it so much faster and also when you load a track with the vci300 it would auto select the headphone cue but with the ns6 its gone whats up with the change of flow
Icy_FiestA 5:26 PM - 22 October, 2012
JUST MY OPINION BUT I RATHER WORK WITH THE WAVEFORM FROM ITCH THAT SSL. I THINK THAT THEY HAVE A CLEAR AND CRISP VIEW AS TO SSL THAT LOOKS TOO CLOSE TOGETHER. WILL SERATO DJ HAVE AN OPTION TO ADJUST THE VIEW OF THE WAVEFORM?
blackavenger 5:59 PM - 22 October, 2012
Capitalization, spelling, punctuation?
blackavenger 6:00 PM - 22 October, 2012
J/K
blackavenger 6:01 PM - 22 October, 2012
There are several views for the waveforms.
jprime 9:10 PM - 22 October, 2012
yup, using the + or - buttons zooms in or out I beleive
blackavenger 9:29 PM - 22 October, 2012
^ this ^
Konix 4:11 PM - 23 October, 2012
One thing I would like to see is adjustable playhead position (like Traktor has). To me, being an EDM/mix DJ, it's more important to see what's coming up, rather than what's already been played. I'd rather see 6 bar ahead than the last 6 bars played.

Like this... i48.photobucket.com
DJ dVO 4:40 PM - 23 October, 2012
^ that would throw off symmetry though.
Konix 4:58 PM - 23 October, 2012
Yes, I know, which is why it'll probably never happen. Shrugs :(
dj lashes 5:55 PM - 23 October, 2012
Quote:
One thing I would like to see is adjustable playhead position (like Traktor has). To me, being an EDM/mix DJ, it's more important to see what's coming up, rather than what's already been played. I'd rather see 6 bar ahead than the last 6 bars played.

Like this... i48.photobucket.com

would be cool
saNppa 6:08 PM - 23 October, 2012
Quote:

Few weeks ago I was thinking about that and for the same exact reason. Useful I would say ( and Yoda likes it too) :)
dj-freestyle 6:09 PM - 23 October, 2012
Ya they should offer that as a view option. Would be very dope.
DJ dVO 11:06 PM - 23 October, 2012
Quote:
Yes, I know, which is why it'll probably never happen. Shrugs :(

I could see it would work for a stacked mode, if there is a stacked mode!!! But totally agree, who needs to see the waveforms that has already been played!
Dj cuervo 11:56 PM - 23 October, 2012
Any demo of the Serato DJ? I know the software is ready now. If it going to ship with the DDJ-SX. As a Software Eng I know they are past the code freeze and beta stages. Unless they found something mission critical. Maybe it will be a DL after you purchase it on the da first. I wont order anything I can't see working with the software.
pdidy 12:17 AM - 24 October, 2012
Quote:
I wont order anything I can't see working with the software.

The wise man will continue to wait.......
saNppa 12:59 AM - 24 October, 2012
My "wisdom" lies on NS6 that will stay for backup. Maybe I'll torture ddj-sx for a week at home for starters. Since at this point they have just one controller to worry about, I don't believe they can f*** it up real badly. Still it ain't impossible.

As a warning to those who's considering buying four decker after those few two: Four IS more and it will take more juice from your computer to handle it. After I went from VCI-300 to NS6, I needed to buy a new laptop.
pdidy 1:18 AM - 24 October, 2012
Quote:
After I went from VCI-300 to NS6, I needed to buy a new laptop.

Yep , I can hear all the new dj's with their brand new DDJ-sx and their bare minimum spec $249 windows pc running vista talking mad shit about how serato dj aint shit.....Yea good times ahead yall.......lol
dj lashes 6:42 AM - 24 October, 2012
Quote:
bare minimum spec $249 windows pc running vista

lol love my MAC
dj-freestyle 2:47 PM - 24 October, 2012
The haters will be out in full effect. traktor this, traktor that. just wait.
haze324 4:27 PM - 24 October, 2012
My local Guitar Center sent me an emial that DJ Kool will be there on 1 Nov to demo and promote the DDJ-SX. Anyone get similar emails. I would think software has to be ready and demo vids will be out very soon?
dj-freestyle 4:31 PM - 24 October, 2012
ya i posted awhile up that all gc main stores are and the flier says will have units to sell so thats how i knew they would be there nov 1st. they say software is ready
dj-freestyle 4:34 PM - 24 October, 2012
Chicago is having grand wizard theodore
DJ Jazzy-Lu 4:38 PM - 24 October, 2012
Damn GWT, now that is a blast from the past.
irieproductions 5:07 PM - 24 October, 2012
i think demos should be out this weekend as the latest, definitely want to give people something to think about over the weekend :D
DJ dVO 5:11 PM - 24 October, 2012
Quote:
i think demos should be out this weekend as the latest, definitely want to give people something to think about over the weekend :D

You mean demo with a DDJ-SX, right? Unless you're an Intro user, demoing DJ in offline mode is useless cuz it won't be available for Itch user in another few months....
blackavenger 5:21 PM - 24 October, 2012
Quote:
cuz it won't be available for Itch user in another few months....

longer than that...more like 5 to 6 months!
blackavenger 5:27 PM - 24 October, 2012
I'm cool w' that. The 2.2.2 update has been VERY stable for me....well, with my Mac, that is......the update on PC blows! It just locked up on me the other night....TWICE!!

I'm convinced that both Traktor & Serato just run better on Macs. That's all there is to it!!
DJ Jazzy-Lu 5:29 PM - 24 October, 2012
never had a problem with 2.2.2 with my quad-core pc
irieproductions 5:38 PM - 24 October, 2012
yeah i mean demo with the unit, like a promo video, something to give you a boner and meditate over the weekend.
blackavenger 6:04 PM - 24 October, 2012
Quote:

The PC I ran it on, is a Quadcore.....overclocked to 4GHz w' 24GB of Ram. All versions of ITCH, since 2.0, have been giving me trouble with this incredibly powerful PC. Whereas, the 2GHz, 8GB Mac has been flawless with every release.

Both the Mac & PC have SSDs.
irieproductions 6:38 PM - 24 October, 2012
completely true, i have fellow djs with ns6 running on 2008 macbook (not even pro). its all bout the os, not even the hardware, if you can throw hackintosh to any average laptop runs smoothly.
saNppa 7:26 PM - 24 October, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

The PC I ran it on, is a Quadcore.....overclocked to 4GHz w' 24GB of Ram. All versions of ITCH, since 2.0, have been giving me trouble with this incredibly powerful PC. Whereas, the 2GHz, 8GB Mac has been flawless with every release.

Both the Mac & PC have SSDs.

Funny, I've never had problems that weren't obvious (TL-60 & NS6). Windows can be tweaked like you want it to work. With the gear you mentioned sounds like user.exe-level problems.
blackavenger 10:18 PM - 24 October, 2012
Quote:
With the gear you mentioned sounds like user.exe-level problems.

Perhaps, but just about everyone I know that uses Windows7 PC also suffer the same woes to some degree. Whereas, everyone I know (myself included) that uses a Mac w' OS X does not!

However, when I first got ScratchLIVE ('05), my 1.4GHz Dual Core, 3.5GB Ram, WinXP machine ran it flawlessly. Then again, ScratchLIVE was pretty feature bare back then.

But whatever. I'm not sure if I will keep my NS6 long enough to test out SeratoDJ....I think I'm gonna sell it to a friend in dire need of some gear. I may replace it w' a DDJ-SX, or I may just get an S4.
DjFuentes82 10:43 AM - 25 October, 2012
Quote:
I'm cool w' that. The 2.2.2 update has been VERY stable for me....well, with my Mac, that is......the update on PC blows! It just locked up on me the other night....TWICE!!

I'm convinced that both Traktor & Serato just run better on Macs. That's all there is to it!!

Here we go again.....
DjFuentes82 10:44 AM - 25 October, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

Perhaps, but just about everyone I know that uses Windows7 PC also suffer the same woes to some degree. Whereas, everyone I know (myself included) that uses a Mac w' OS X does not!

However, when I first got ScratchLIVE ('05), my 1.4GHz Dual Core, 3.5GB Ram, WinXP machine ran it flawlessly. Then again, ScratchLIVE was pretty feature bare back then.

But whatever. I'm not sure if I will keep my NS6 long enough to test out SeratoDJ....I think I'm gonna sell it to a friend in dire need of some gear. I may replace it w' a DDJ-SX, or I may just get an S4.

I'm guessing you know AT LEAST half the members here that use Serato with a PC...
All the people you know it's not a good sample size to make those statements!!

I see exactly what u mean Nik39
nik39 1:16 PM - 25 October, 2012
nik39 is me ;)
blackavenger 1:36 PM - 25 October, 2012
Quote:
I'm guessing you know AT LEAST half the members here that use Serato with a PC...

As a matter of fact, I do know "everyone" on this forum that uses a PC.........I am all mighty, omniscient, & omnipresent.....sigh!!

Have you ever heard of speaking from experience, smart-ass?!!!?
I said, "everyone I know"........I wasn't speaking for the entire world!

I am not one of those delusional Mac fanboys....if I were, then why would I build/use such a kickass PC?

But, whatever, I don't feel like getting into a Mac vs. PC squabble.
DjFuentes82 2:02 PM - 25 October, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

This doesn't sound like just yourself. Don't generalize based on yourself and "everyone you know". Check the forums "SMARTASS", Macs got issues as well!!
blackavenger 5:22 PM - 25 October, 2012
Quote:

I bet if you tallied up the positive/negative remarks from both Serato & Traktor, and weighed the PC/Mac issues against each other, my comment would prove true.

But since neither of us are going to do that......I'll concede. It's obvious you are butthurt for some reason.....maybe because you use a PC for Serato? IDK, I'd rather not speculate ;)
DJ Jazzy-Lu 5:28 PM - 25 October, 2012
I did not start this. lol I dont care what anyone uses. Next we be talking IOS vs Android.
I just dont think any mac is worth the price. That being said in my house is a 27" imac quad-core. Happy wife, happy life.
DjFuentes82 5:40 PM - 25 October, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

I bet if you tallied up the positive/negative remarks from both Serato & Traktor, and weighed the PC/Mac issues against each other, my comment would prove true.

But since neither of us are going to do that......I'll concede. It's obvious you are butthurt for some reason.....maybe because you use a PC for Serato? IDK, I'd rather not speculate ;)

Maybe you're right,
Maybe you'll be surprised how many of us use Pc's to dj,
And BTW I own both but only use my Mac for editing and business since my PC works just fine.

P.S.
My butt is just fine... Lol
pdidy 6:41 PM - 25 October, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

In regards to "Serato just runs better on Macs" we have debated this issue for many years and I believe we are at a point in time were its no longer a debate but a fact. Serato has stated this to be the case and many of our respected hardcore windows users have even agreed this is a fact. This issue is no longer up for debate just like the world is round.
nik39 7:38 PM - 25 October, 2012
You mean in general?

I have to disagree.

SL ran very well on my Windows machine. Zero crashes for me in 4 years, where my die-hard-mac friend had a fewcrashes!

This was witj audio only.

Now if we're talking video - its a whole different story!
dj-freestyle 7:48 PM - 25 October, 2012
Its just like serato and traktor. There are very strong opions on both sides.
DjFuentes82 7:55 PM - 25 October, 2012
Quote:
You mean in general?

I have to disagree.

SL ran very well on my Windows machine. Zero crashes for me in 4 years, where my die-hard-mac friend had a fewcrashes!

+1
Never had to use my Mac even for video...
pdidy 7:58 PM - 25 October, 2012
Quote:
You mean in general?

I have to disagree.

Can somebody please find the real nik39.
djemdub 8:32 PM - 25 October, 2012
My pc runs just fine.
elsupermang 8:42 PM - 25 October, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
You mean in general?

I have to disagree.

Can somebody please find the real nik39.

I've tried on both top end Mac and PC laptops. They generally work well but the Mac version has way smoother waveforms. Waveforms on PC make me nauseous when staring at them. Also Mac can handle lower USB latency better (always run at 1 ms). Also on PC it doesn't install all the drivers when running setup you have to connect the specific controller during setup. But the most important point, on a PC you have to be very careful when using it as a your main laptop, as any spyware or "extra" software can easily get on there (even the preinstalled stuff) and slow your machine down. I simply don't need to be that cautious on my Macbook.
haze324 8:47 PM - 25 October, 2012
Screen shots for Serato DJ turned into a MAC vs. PC debate

+1 for Macs
pdidy 8:54 PM - 25 October, 2012
Quote:
Screen shots for Serato DJ turned into a MAC vs. PC debate

+1 for Macs

Incorrect, There's no longer a debate.
Dj cuervo 9:28 PM - 25 October, 2012
It is not a debate. MAC has won so bring on that video demo of Serato DJ.
nik39 9:57 PM - 25 October, 2012
No PC won. You Mac Fans lost. Also you Traktor Dudes. And fuck Rap. And Hip Hop. And Techno. And House.

:-D
pdidy 10:00 PM - 25 October, 2012
Quote:
No PC won. You Mac Fans lost. Also you Traktor Dudes. And fuck Rap. And Hip Hop. And Techno. And House.

:-D

Apparently Nik39 has been kidnapped.....
DJ_X_Trodinaire 11:09 PM - 25 October, 2012
Did JohnnyM buy a mac?
irieproductions 11:13 PM - 25 October, 2012
Lets turn this into a traktor 2.6 discussion, gotta love the post fader fx, flux mode, and all the goodies for free without having to buy new controllers FTW!

/me hides
nik39 11:28 PM - 25 October, 2012
Do you know how often Traktor users have been "asked" to upgrade their software *and* hardware since 2004 when Scratch Live came out first?!

It's just sad for those A+H and Denon users who could not use their hardware longer than two years.
dj-freestyle 11:30 PM - 25 October, 2012
Ill just say this i did a demo with high school kids yesterday and the other dj used traktor. you can keep that shit. It took him over a hour to get 3900 and 1600 witch is traktor cert to work and he has been using traktor since it came out. serato took me 10 minutes and i was wathcing him. that program blows. sorry just my thought.
DjWoody 11:56 PM - 25 October, 2012
Quote:
Ill just say this i did a demo with high school kids yesterday and the other dj used traktor. you can keep that shit. It took him over a hour to get 3900 and 1600 witch is traktor cert to work and he has been using traktor since it came out. serato took me 10 minutes and i was wathcing him. that program blows. sorry just my thought.

He probably didn't know what he was doing. lol
irieproductions 11:58 PM - 25 October, 2012
hey i agree to some degree but as per a recent digitaldjtips survey (posted today) a bunch of people disagree with you :)
DjFuentes82 12:23 AM - 26 October, 2012
Quote:
hey i agree to some degree but as per a recent digitaldjtips survey (posted today) a bunch of people disagree with you :)

That survey was done in conjunction with Traktor in which they were giving out free prices. That's not a fair survey, come on...!!!
blackavenger 12:43 AM - 26 October, 2012
Well, for the past couple months I've been "demoing" Traktor w' my NS6, nanoKontrol & nanoPad........and I LIKE it!

I'm not too fond of the "crate" system, but that's not a big deal so long as your library is smaller. With Serato I have "everything" I own loaded into crates. With Traktor, I've been more selective with what I load into "crates".

I am getting the Kontrol Z2 when it arrives. I'll get an X1 & F1 as well. When I messed w' my friend's F1, it was sooooooo fun!!!! I just don't think the SP-6 is going to come close to what the Remix Decks can do, anytime soon.

There are just sooo many more options w' Traktor, and despite using a controller not intended to use w' Traktor Scratch, it has been running flawlessly.

For anyone who is interested:

www.native-instruments.com
blackavenger 12:58 AM - 26 October, 2012
Quote:
That survey was done in conjunction with Traktor in which they were giving out free prizes. That's not a fair survey, come on...!!!

True, but........

Quote:
In our last reader survey, Traktor was 41%, Virtual DJ 25%, Ableton 22%, Serato ITCH 14%, Serato Scratch Live 11%, djay 7% (it added up to more that 100% because some people used more than one program) which I think is probably truer.

However, I have a sneaking suspicion that the primary reason programs like Traktor & VirtualDJ are so popular are because both of them are so easy to pirate.
DjFuentes82 1:30 AM - 26 October, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
That survey was done in conjunction with Traktor in which they were giving out free prizes. That's not a fair survey, come on...!!!

True, but........

Quote:
In our last reader survey, Traktor was 41%, Virtual DJ 25%, Ableton 22%, Serato ITCH 14%, Serato Scratch Live 11%, djay 7% (it added up to more that 100% because some people used more than one program) which I think is probably truer.

However, I have a sneaking suspicion that the primary reason programs like Traktor & VirtualDJ are so popular are because both of them are so easy to pirate.

+1
I still see must of the time (If not all the time) a Serato setup with either an SL box or Rane mixer in clubs and public events.
I've even seen my setup with two CDJ's 900 and a DJM 2000 running HID with Serato, but to each his own.
BTW I'm in south Florida.
Dj Wunder 2:37 AM - 26 October, 2012
Quote:
I've tried on both top end Mac and PC laptops. They generally work well but the Mac version has way smoother waveforms. Waveforms on PC make me nauseous when staring at them.

Maybe don't stare at them?
Ragman 4:00 AM - 26 October, 2012
In ATL I've only seen two programs being used either by mobile or club DJs: VDJ or SSL/Itch. Many of the DJs I spoke to who used SSL/Itch didn't even realize there was a Serato forum.
elsupermang 1:07 PM - 26 October, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
I've tried on both top end Mac and PC laptops. They generally work well but the Mac version has way smoother waveforms. Waveforms on PC make me nauseous when staring at them.

Maybe don't stare at them?

Great solution genius. Or I just use my Mac :p
lofty 4:51 PM - 26 October, 2012
Quote:

also Traktor and Virtual can both be run without a controller -

I've switched to Itch and still some idiots think my Pioneer S1 is just a light show and I'm not Actually mixing -

but to get back on Serato DJ topic ...............................

-----------------------------

will serato DJ to let the video effects be controlled with the hardware that controls the audio (the hardware effects section on itch units can control either audio OR video effects)
haze324 2:02 AM - 27 October, 2012
So....I downloaded the latest version of Traktor today, hadn't played on it in a while. Wanted to see what the new hype was about with the new features. Well I played for about 30 minutes at home, tried the new "macro"effects and they all sound like distortion. Maybe some of this stuff is great for the heavy controller type guys --- but I felt so much more at home an in a better flow using Itch or SSL. New TSP looks cool on paper, on a highlight vid but I wasn't "feeling" it.

So having said that. Looking fwd to Serato DJ.
irieproductions 2:38 AM - 27 October, 2012
its really hard for a serato dj to feel at home with traktor, the interface and workflow is just too complex vs the simplicity of serato. I think the traktor ui is more live remix / controllerist / hardcore edm oriented but not for a "get through an open format club night" type of dj
irieproductions 2:45 AM - 27 October, 2012
btw i got a hold of a ddj-sx today and was able to touch it and get a feel of it at a local dealer, im really digging the build quality, feels very solid like my ns6, im not a pads expert but they feel really nice, not wobbly or cheap, and the jog wheels feel really nice, good weight not to light not too heavy, i own an ns6 and i think the pio feel heavier, like they dont spin as much as the ns6 wheel. i dont think serato has sent anyone the software yet because they didn't have it, and have not seen any leaks online yet so i think they are holding it tight.

i had preordered my ddj-sx and so far hardware-wise i feel very much satisfied, feels like a 1k gear.

i think this will be a very popular controller indeed once word spreads out and reviews start coming out people will start coming onboard.
pdidy 4:17 AM - 27 October, 2012
Quote:
and the jog wheels feel really nice, good weight not to light not too heavy, i own an ns6 and i think the pio feel heavier, like they dont spin as much as the ns6 wheel.

Good, I don't like the feel of platters that spin too easy with no tension like the ns6. (personal preference).
Nachkebia 4:20 AM - 27 October, 2012
Just got email from my seller, first bitch of ddj-sx will be shipping to customers on first of november without physical copy of software, you have to download it. no big deal tho...
haze324 4:22 AM - 27 October, 2012
Quote:
Just got email from my seller, first bitch of ddj-sx will be shipping to customers on first of november without physical copy of software, you have to download it. no big deal tho...

server crash that day!
DJ_X_Trodinaire 4:33 AM - 27 October, 2012
^^ LOL that would piss off a lot of people
Nachkebia 4:58 AM - 27 October, 2012
Well, mine will take at least a week to ship it to me, so by that time server problems should be solved :)
Dj Wunder 7:22 AM - 27 October, 2012
Quote:

Just picked up mine from Sam Ash, Serato DJ CD included. Can't wait to get it crackin'!

Sleep first... then crack

serato.com
Ragman 8:54 AM - 27 October, 2012
Quote:
Just picked up mine from Sam Ash, Serato DJ CD included. Can't wait to get it crackin'!

So much for the Nov 1st ship date. Please post your thoughts when you can Dj Wunder.
Dj Delta-Vita 10:08 AM - 27 October, 2012
saNppa 11:55 AM - 27 October, 2012
Quote:

Can Serato Crew verify this as a fact? I mean, It's no biggie to download that software, but if Serato servers can't take it and I'll be with hardware and no software...
Let's hope the cd is there in the package.
DJ_X_Trodinaire 12:40 PM - 27 October, 2012
Follow DJ Wunder's link

The CD is in the box according to him
blackavenger 1:40 PM - 27 October, 2012
Quote:
I think the traktor ui is more live remix / controllerist / hardcore edm oriented but not for a "get through an open format club night" type of dj

Yup, you nailed it right there!

Quote:
Quote:

serato.com

Congrats! I can't wait to see the YouTube reviews of this thing in action.
irieproductions 2:48 PM - 27 October, 2012
Quote:
Well, mine will take at least a week to ship it to me, so by that time server problems should be solved :)

mine will take at least 2 :/, i ordered from the US (200$ cheaper than buying locally) so at least i'll be aware of all the bugs, goods and bads, before it gets here.
haze324 4:06 PM - 27 October, 2012

its in the wild!
Ragman 4:34 PM - 27 October, 2012

Sorry but that was weak.
Dj Wunder 5:34 PM - 27 October, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

So much for the Nov 1st ship date. Please post your thoughts when you can Dj Wunder.

Absolutely, I'm giddy. Today is my birthday, so I'm headed out for the festivities... demo will have to wait. I'll try to have something up Sunday.

Quote:
Follow DJ Wunder's link

The CD is in the box according to him

The CD is absolutely in there, along with my SV auth#!
DJ Jazzy-Lu 5:50 PM - 29 October, 2012
Will the computer requirements be the same as for itch for the V7 with Serato DJ
Nachkebia 6:50 AM - 30 October, 2012
what did I say? Watchwww.youtube.com
Dj Wunder 6:53 AM - 30 October, 2012
No doubt Nachkebia you were on the money
Maskrider 2:19 PM - 30 October, 2012
Thank you for sharing