DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

The new DMC Champion.....what a crock!

DJ Alkemy 11:52 AM - 5 October, 2012
I always knew the DMC's were a load of shit judging wise but this takes the royal piss. You tell me this routine deserves to stand next to the likes of Cash Money, Q-Bert, Craze etc. This seems like they gave the title to the person with the most lucrative marketting potential:

Watchwww.youtube.com
spirez 12:48 PM - 5 October, 2012
That was horrible
DjayRage 12:53 PM - 5 October, 2012
I remember last years champion challenging everyone to come with a MUSICAL approach this year. Looks like they did not. I miss when DMC was more musical and innovative.
phatbob 1:08 PM - 5 October, 2012
My own skills are nowhere approaching DMC standards.

But I have watched the competition videos for years and seen the World Finals live twice.

And that performace, I'm afraid, is shit.

If that really was the best routine this year, I'd HATE to see the also-rans.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 1:40 PM - 5 October, 2012
Well, it was eventually going to get to this...not surprised...

The game done changed....
DirtyMindTriqz 2:17 PM - 5 October, 2012
Quote:
Well, it was eventually going to get to this...not surprised...

The game done changed....

I think its been like that for a few years. Vajra last year really killed it. His routine was so sick and i was constantly like DAMN throughout it. but ligone and shiftee the two years prior kinda suck. there is absolutely nothing that stands out in their sets. And i feel the same way about Izohs set this year. I mean shit i can sit their and juggle electro and make it sound as clusterfucked. I didn't see Precisions set by my guess is he brought more skills and uniqueness.
phonze 2:34 PM - 5 October, 2012
Not saying the guy doesn't have skills, just my ears hurt after listening to that. I couldn't even finish watching the whole video.
DJ DisGrace 2:49 PM - 5 October, 2012
Quote:
. I couldn't even finish watching the whole video.

+1

Usually, when I start watching DMC videos I usually get sucked in for an hour or so....

BTW, Vekked (posted a set here: serato.com) won the World Battle for Supremacy. At least some of the djs still keep it real and get rewarded for it.

Congrats Vekked!
Crackpipe 2:52 PM - 5 October, 2012
His 2005 DMC routine sounds WAY better

Watchwww.youtube.com
DirtyMindTriqz 3:00 PM - 5 October, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

+1

Usually, when I start watching DMC videos I usually get sucked in for an hour or so....

BTW, Vekked (posted a set here: serato.com) won the World Battle for Supremacy. At least some of the djs still keep it real and get rewarded for it.

Congrats Vekked!

I agree...thats exactly what happens to me.

and i still watch this Vekked routine on repeat...its so fresh and keeps my attention the whole time. he killed it
Laz219 10:37 PM - 5 October, 2012
There were small parts of that I liked, overall though I wouldn't have expected that to be a winning set.
s3kn0tr0n1c 12:11 PM - 6 October, 2012
As much as i love DVS systems this almost makes me want to see them banned...DMC was so much better back in the day when it was hiphop.

Its like now that we have access to great technology it has ruined it.

I might just be getting old however ;)
Dj Koppa Top 2:29 PM - 6 October, 2012
It does suck big time....
bicedidit 7:45 PM - 6 October, 2012
That was sloppy as shit. I can juggle better and cleaner than that.
Mike_P 8:35 PM - 6 October, 2012
Quote:
That was sloppy as shit. I can juggle better and cleaner than that.

Was it though? Or was the actual music just so erratic that no matter what he did it was gonna sound muttled and shitty? I hate this shit and don't know how the judges can even pick a winner when EVERY FUCKING ROUTINE sounds the same. I'm gonna start entering battles playing nothing but slow jams just to counter this rising bullshit.
DCD 10:53 PM - 6 October, 2012
Quote:
As much as i love DVS systems this almost makes me want to see them banned...DMC was so much better back in the day when it was hiphop.

I don't get what DVS systems had anything to do with his routine. He would have done the same thing (minus the air horn) with custom pressed records.
DJ Dynamite - NJ 11:28 PM - 6 October, 2012
I wasn't impressed
phatbob 12:10 AM - 7 October, 2012
I don't object to all the Le Jad type of routines in principle, if they're executed well. That set wasn't though.
DJ Dynamight 6:17 PM - 8 October, 2012
that was pretty tough to listen to.
s3kn0tr0n1c 6:24 PM - 8 October, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

I don't get what DVS systems had anything to do with his routine. He would have done the same thing (minus the air horn) with custom pressed records.

Yeh suppose so...

Just like to see the old funky juggles and style the older dmc's had.
jevo9 6:42 PM - 8 October, 2012
that was dope........................................... jk not great but it was good lol seriously guys if you hate it so much why dont you take the time to get to that level and do your own different routine. you gotta give him props for winning regarless....
DJ Alkemy 6:58 PM - 8 October, 2012
Quote:
that was dope........................................... jk not great but it was good lol seriously guys if you hate it so much why dont you take the time to get to that level and do your own different routine. you gotta give him props for winning regarless....

It aint his fault that they decided he was the most marketable this year, but on a DMC level that routine is not. Its not about "why dont you take the time to get to that level and do your own different routine"...we are fans, not entries into the competition. That routine was just fucing noise, nothing else.
Joshua Carl 8:48 PM - 8 October, 2012
gotta echo some of the above sentiments...
it was a pretty dope set, not hate for it.... sure as mentioned a lil sloppy here and there.
(I gotta wonder of not marking you records, and having to rely on looking over at the screen
to double check your spots accounts for that)

but it lacked that "DAAAAAAAAAAAMN, OOOOOOOHHHH SHIIIIITTT, WHAAAAAAT!"
Factor...
usually I end up watching 6 minute routine for about 20 minutes....
watching those parts that blow your mind over and over again to try to disect them.

there really wasnt anything in this set to blow my mind.... dope. but not crazy.

gotta think that we are passing the time of innovation, and witnessing the students of the game having their time to shine....
hopefully we'll witness some new guys who are trying new and new and new things, not just regurgitating existing routines with their own spice.
pdidy 11:00 PM - 8 October, 2012
Now yall no how I felt when DMC went technical and left behind the more entertaining (in my opinion) body tricks. Ive tried 3 times to watch this and could never finish....smh

DMC will die unless it goes back to the day ANYONE could watch a battle and appreciate the skill of the dj without having to be a DJ.
DJ Dac 2:18 AM - 9 October, 2012
not a fan of those song choices... and that damn air horn
DJ'Que 5:24 PM - 9 October, 2012
At lease it wasn't you same ol crab, flares, beat juggle, etc that's been at the Dmv for years.

Did I like his set

Kinda, sort, of (in drake words)

It was different and not to technical.

Dj's didn't enter the dmc cuz they knew they shit had to be on point.

I liked vajra set cause it was different.

His set was what made the dmc change.

Glad his set was the ice breaker. From all the same scratches, crabs, chirps, etc.
Alcane 12:26 PM - 10 October, 2012
Obviously the guy has skills, but the routine was a tad messy. This was probably down to the use of the Skrillex/dubstep sound which I'm not exactly a fan of, but I'm sure the audience was loving it.

I haven't read into the new rules of the DMCs now that Serato/Traktor, etc are now being used. Surely separate categories for vinyl and DVS systems should be in place to retain the old methods as well as championing the new technoogy

The best I've seen at these competitions are the routines of DJs Noize, Craze, Kentaro and of course Grand Mixer Q-Bert.
phonze 2:57 PM - 10 October, 2012
Gave it another shot and promised i would watch the whole thing through. I actually kind of like the beginning half, even with the annoying "Over Over Over Super Sonic Super Sonic" sample he was cutting. But once he drops that bon fire track, the set becomes really unbearable for me to listen to. Watch some of Izoh's other routines though, guy is pretty good.
iNBiTuiN 5:48 PM - 10 October, 2012
I'm not a big fan of this winning routine as well but you gotta give him his props. My opinion might easily change too once I watch all the other routines and see it in perspective.

If you hate it that much, let me see you battle in your local/national DMC comp and see how far you advance with your routine.
phatbob 6:08 PM - 10 October, 2012
Quote:
If you hate it that much, let me see you battle in your local/national DMC comp and see how far you advance with your routine.

This attitude is so common with DJs, and seems kinda unique.

I don't have to be an incredible turntablist myself to have watched Craze, Noize and Vajra's winning sets and to be able to say they were 100 times better than this one.
phonze 6:12 PM - 10 October, 2012
It's not about people thinking they can do better. When people criticize Lebron James do they have to show they can ball better then him?
iNBiTuiN 6:21 PM - 10 October, 2012
Quote:
It's not about people thinking they can do better. When people criticize Lebron James do they have to show they can ball better then him?

If it's another athlete is criticizing Lebron, then he better step up and prove himself on the court.

If it's another DJ is criticizing another DJ, then he better step up and prove it on the decks. Still no bigger stage than the DMC battles.

Otherwise, it's just trash talk.
DJ DisGrace 6:26 PM - 10 October, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

If it's another athlete is criticizing Lebron, then he better step up and prove himself on the court.

If it's another DJ is criticizing another DJ, then he better step up and prove it on the decks. Still no bigger stage than the DMC battles.

Back on the "dont be a hater" train, I see

I didn't like his set. I have seen others do better. That does not mean I need to battle him. It means I have an opinion.
phonze 6:33 PM - 10 October, 2012
Quote:

I feel you, but there's different levels of athletes and dj's. Maybe a college player that may never play pro has an opinion on a pro level player. He's allowed to have an opinion and shouldn't need to challenge the pro player. A hobbyist or part time DJ has just as much right to say he/she wasn't feeling someones routine. Regardless of it all, it's really just calling it what it is. I don't hate the routine personally, more so the track selection. But I can understand if others hated it and I feel they shouldn't have to battle to have an opinion.
Logisticalstyles 7:20 PM - 10 October, 2012
There's a difference between stating an opinion and trash talking.
"I didn't like it", or " I thought it was too noisy" = An Opinion

"That shit was garbage", or "I can do better than that" = Trash Talking

Everyone's entitled to an opinion, but trash talking should be backed up with actions IMO. Either way it's all just a bunch of talk.
Logisticalstyles 7:22 PM - 10 October, 2012
Quote:
Now yall no how I felt when DMC went technical and left behind the more entertaining (in my opinion) body tricks. Ive tried 3 times to watch this and could never finish....smh

DMC will die unless it goes back to the day ANYONE could watch a battle and appreciate the skill of the dj without having to be a DJ.

True. Bring back the body tricks and the other entertaining stuff.
DJ Alkemy 8:01 PM - 10 October, 2012
Quote:

yeah, Im gonna stop everything in my life, practise a six minute routine for hours on end, enter my local DMC competition. Why?..So I can validate myself for having an opinion on why I think that routine don't stand up to the likes of Craze & Q-Berts winning routines. Get real. Its called having an opinion. And I stand by it. That routine is by FAR the worst to have ever won a world final.
phatbob 8:08 PM - 10 October, 2012
By the way, Prometheus is shit.

Oh, wait, I guess I'm not allowed to say that unless I've made my own multi-million dollar sci-fi movie.

Sorry!
DJ DisGrace 8:42 PM - 10 October, 2012
Quote:
By the way, Prometheus is sh*t.

+10000 Worst alien movie ever! I'd rather watch Mars Attacks over and over...
Laz219 9:27 PM - 10 October, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

This attitude is so common with DJs, and seems kinda unique.

I don't have to be an incredible turntablist myself to have watched Craze, Noize and Vajra's winning sets and to be able to say they were 100 times better than this one.

I wouldn't say it's unique,
I have always been into photography and use a few different forums.
A lot of the time if somebody posts a photo and you give it reasonable critique (which is supposed to be the purpose of posting them) you get rude responses back like "yeah? your photos are shit anyway"
It's all the exact same issues people have with microwave DJs, people go and buy a $2000 camera and suddenly every photo they take is an epic piece of art and all their facebook friends confirm that to them because every photo they post they get comments "ohhhh, you're SO good!"
Once you come along with some truth, you're "a hater" "don't know shit" or whatever.
Joshua Carl 9:32 PM - 10 October, 2012
truth^
Vekked 4:44 PM - 25 October, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

+1

Congrats Vekked!

just saw this now, thanks man :D I think my world finals set was a bit better than the online one too (although I had a needle skip that kinda messed it up on the night :(!!), I'll get it posted up eventually...

I pretty much agree with the sentiments of most people, it was pretty sloppy, but I think there were some dope parts (the tone routine being the best, and he nailed it). There were a couple other parts that started out like "oh damn this'll be dope" but he was going a little off beat here and there and really messing up the flow of the routine... he was trying really technical stuff so it wasn't that forgiving.

I feel kinda bad for Izoh because he's a seriously dope DJ, especially with beat juggling, before this year even started my top 2 guys most deserving of a world title that haven't got one were Izoh and Precision. Both have battled for years, and are among the few guys left still bringing something new to the table in their sets. Even in this set Izoh flipped that tone stuff in a completely new way (since you couldn't really do it like that pre-Serato), and he had some juggle patterns that were pretty innovative, but it was a matter of just not sticking them. I think we all have those days, it kinda sucks that he was kinda off this night, but it's also his winning set and the set people will judge him by, even though his winning routine was probably the weakest of his 3 world finals sets.

I don't think the judging was off, he got almost a perfect score by the judges (only 1 judge had him 2nd, and another had him tied for 1st), and I thought he won as well that night, but I also thought he came much cleaner that night. The sound wasn't amazing at the venue so it sounded like he pretty much nailed his set because he had no glaring mistakes, but once I saw the vid it was a lot sloppier than it seemed. I wanna see Precision's set again though too, he's a beast and I know he had some crazy shit but I think he had some issues that night as well.
Jairen 5:19 PM - 25 October, 2012
DJ Scratch would have smoked Izoh...j/k.
DJ Alkemy 5:32 PM - 25 October, 2012
Its an open secret that the dmcs have been fixed for years. Im not saying that Izoh didn't have the strongest set this year cause i didn't watch the dmcs (ain't done in a few years due to the huge drop in quality) but its well known they pick winners who are marketable. I wouldn't bet against that having a helping hand in choosing this years winner.
Dj-M.Bezzle 7:51 PM - 25 October, 2012
Man yall are nutz that rutine was sick!!!...dude did you see how many stickers were on that mbp..a NEW mbp may i add. And his vinyls...dude those were limited editions..what more could u ask for
Jairen 8:25 PM - 25 October, 2012
He needs to take his shoe off and scratch with it and use his mouth to control the fader. That alone will win the DMC's and put q-bert to shame...smh, rolleyes.
DJ.AJ 9:50 PM - 25 October, 2012
Quote:
EVERY FUCKING ROUTINE
DJ_Phenom 10:04 AM - 26 October, 2012
I agree its cool to have an opinion, positive or negative. I personally did not enjoy this set. There were some cool parts, but it was too much random noise for me. I also agree that there is a difference between opinion and trash talking.

I did not like his set and think it ranks very low compared to past dmc winners - Opinion

That set was garbage and I can cut/juggle better than that - Trash talking

The latter should really be backed up if you are in the same profession.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 2:47 PM - 28 October, 2012
Quote:
I agree its cool to have an opinion, positive or negative. I personally did not enjoy this set. There were some cool parts, but it was too much random noise for me. I also agree that there is a difference between opinion and trash talking.

I did not like his set and think it ranks very low compared to past dmc winners - Opinion

^^^^TRUTH^^^^

But what they mostly say is "That set was garbage" , but won't normally equate themselves into the situation by saying "I can cut/juggle better than that"...

Happens here ALL the time...

And most of the time, the answer is that they CAN'T cut/juggle better than the person they're talking about from the door..

So what SHOULD basically be said is "That set was garbage, but since he's STILL better than me, so I should STFU until my game is AT LEAST up to his..,."
phatbob 4:07 PM - 28 October, 2012
No.

I am not a good turntablist, but I have seen enough good Turntablism to be able to compare that set poorly with winning performances from Vajra, Craze, and Kentaro.

Likewise, I am not a good filmmaker, but I have seen enough movies to compare Prometheus poorly with movies like Alien, The Dark Knight, and Terminator.

My own skills are irrelevant in both comparisons, but I still have enough KNOWLEDGE of the subject to be able to justify holding an opinion.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 4:39 PM - 28 October, 2012
NO!

You're both in the SAME profession.

You have not reached his skill set, yet talk garbage about HIS.

That makes your point moot.

Like I said, it happens all the time.

Most CATS that TRULY have skills never trash talk....

Have you noticed that?
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 4:41 PM - 28 October, 2012
Your claim that you have the "knowledge" to judge is ALSO moot, because in this case, that actual "Knowledge" would be the ability to do what he's doing, totally understand it, apply it, etc...

You can't DO that, so you "Really" don't have the "Knowledge" to judge him.

Cat's that HAVE the ability to "compete" with him do....

You don't.
DJ DisGrace 4:55 PM - 28 October, 2012
let's try it again....

"I did not enjoy listening/watching that set. In my opinion, past DMC winners have done better."

No skill on my behalf is needed to make such a statement.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 5:07 PM - 28 October, 2012
Quote:
let's try it again....

"I did not enjoy listening/watching that set. In my opinion, past DMC winners have done better."

No skill on my behalf is needed to make such a statement.

NOW THAT is respectable statement.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 5:10 PM - 28 October, 2012
NOW THAT is a respectable statement.

Basically someone who says something like, "Oh, they're garbage", is actually baiting a challenge....and when someone calls them on it, they flake.

This whole HipHop battle thing is just that...a COMPETITION, which forsters trash talking...

Which is GREAT, if you can back it up...

That's what it's ALL about....
DJ DisGrace 5:35 PM - 28 October, 2012
Quote:

LOL this is definitely ingrained in old schol cats like yourself, Johhny.

Unfortunately the "show and prove" mentality of hip-hop (b-boy battles, MC battles, DJ battles, graf bragging rights) has dwindled. Now we are left with newbs on controllers with swarms of bro-mance mantourages calling you a hater if you question their "skills".

I for one, would like to see the trash talking backed up with skills. It only makes for better djs in the long run...
Dj-M.Bezzle 6:23 PM - 28 October, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

^^^^TRUTH^^^^

But what they mostly say is "That set was garbage" , but won't normally equate themselves into the situation by saying "I can cut/juggle better than that"...

Happens here ALL the time...

And most of the time, the answer is that they CAN'T cut/juggle better than the person they're talking about from the door..

So what SHOULD basically be said is "That set was garbage, but since he's STILL better than me, so I should STFU until my game is AT LEAST up to his..,."

You dont have to be a world class chef to know your chicken isnt full cooked
Dj-M.Bezzle 6:24 PM - 28 October, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

Unfortunately the "show and prove" mentality of hip-hop (b-boy battles, MC battles, DJ battles, graf bragging rights) has dwindled. Now we are left with newbs on controllers with swarms of bro-mance mantourages calling you a hater if you question their "skills".

I for one, would like to see the trash talking backed up with skills. It only makes for better djs in the long run...

Its a reflection of the society we created when we started giving out participation trophys
DJ Dynamite - NJ 6:26 PM - 28 October, 2012
Quote:
NO!

Have you noticed that?

Just to get you aggravated and start some trouble...
They're both in the same profession and while one DJ may not be as technical, that same DJ might be more skilled party rockin so he has the right to say the other DJ is garbage if he so chooses... Thats my honest opinion!
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 8:08 PM - 28 October, 2012
Quote:

Unfortunately the "show and prove" mentality of hip-hop (b-boy battles, MC battles, DJ battles, graf bragging rights) has dwindled.

And that is EXACTLY what's the matter with HipHop today.

The fundamentals have been washed away.

If those who TRULY have talent did their thing, and were truly rewarded with trophies, bragging rights, etc..etc, the state of HipHop wouldn't be in it's current condition.

Instead you have cats that have crazy access to "Tools" that create "Music", and an avenue "Youtube" with which to push it, all the time supplemented by fake "Likes".
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 8:09 PM - 28 October, 2012
Quote:

You dont have to be a world class chef to know your chicken isnt full cooked

You mean "Fully Cooked", right?
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 8:12 PM - 28 October, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
NO!

Have you noticed that?

Just to get you aggravated and start some trouble...
They're both in the same profession and while one DJ may not be as technical, that same DJ might be more skilled party rockin so he has the right to say the other DJ is garbage if he so chooses... Thats my honest opinion!

Actually, no...

And that's AGAIN where the lines get blurred...

A DJ that is "Technically" skilled is one that's participating in a battle of a certain caliber.

The Party Rocker DJ is NOT participating in that same battle, so even though he may EXCEL IN HIS FORTE', he can not say / be knowledgeable about the "Technical" DJ because he himself hasn't achieved greatness, or at least an equal skill set of the DJ he's hating on....

Yes, hating.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 8:16 PM - 28 October, 2012
It's like scratch nerds on a jam session, and a bunch of people looking on with the "WTF" look, as they can't "Understand" what the scratch nerds are doing...to them it sounds like GAWBAGE...but that's because they don't have a trained "ear" for "Scratch Nerdiness".

The point that MOST of you are missing is that you're overlooking his TECHNICAL agility and that compoouned with using the "Sounds" that he's using, makes it sound like "Noise" to you.

A standard "Transform" may sound like NOISE to a strictly House DJ.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 8:16 PM - 28 October, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Its a reflection of the society we created when we started giving out participation trophys

Can't argue with you there....
DJ Reflex 12:15 AM - 29 October, 2012
Watchwww.youtube.com

He's got it - even for DJ's.
Vekked 4:22 AM - 29 October, 2012
Quote:
Its an open secret that the dmcs have been fixed for years. Im not saying that Izoh didn't have the strongest set this year cause i didn't watch the dmcs (ain't done in a few years due to the huge drop in quality) but its well known they pick winners who are marketable. I wouldn't bet against that having a helping hand in choosing this years winner.

Sigh, no. It's well known that pretty much every DMC battle (except maybe regionals) is judged by a bunch of past or present battle DJs... unless you're saying that all of the DJs themselves work together and pick the most marketable DJ independently, lol, it's a conspiracy!

DMC posts pretty much all world finals judging scores online... I've been critical of certain results in the past myself, and it pretty much just comes down to certain DJs being really good at what they do, but really bad at judging.
DJ Alkemy 3:26 PM - 29 October, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
Sigh, no. It's well known that pretty much every DMC battle (except maybe regionals) is judged by a bunch of past or present battle DJs... unless you're saying that all of the DJs themselves work together and pick the most marketable DJ independently, lol, it's a conspiracy!DMC posts pretty much all world finals judging scores online... I've been critical of certain results in the past myself, and it pretty much just comes down to certain DJs being really good at what they do, but really bad at judging.

You ever heard of backhanders?..unless you mean to tell me that DJs are ethically sound and don't do that sort of thing (hahaha..yeah right). I have spoken to DJs who have been approached to judge regional and national finals who said they were basically asked to lean towards a certain competitor (as long as they didn't have no spectacular mess up on the night).
Vekked 6:50 PM - 29 October, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Sigh, no. It's well known that pretty much every DMC battle (except maybe regionals) is judged by a bunch of past or present battle DJs... unless you're saying that all of the DJs themselves work together and pick the most marketable DJ independently, lol, it's a conspiracy!DMC posts pretty much all world finals judging scores online... I've been critical of certain results in the past myself, and it pretty much just comes down to certain DJs being really good at what they do, but really bad at judging.

You ever heard of backhanders?..unless you mean to tell me that DJs are ethically sound and don't do that sort of thing (hahaha..yeah right). I have spoken to DJs who have been approached to judge regional and national finals who said they were basically asked to lean towards a certain competitor (as long as they didn't have no spectacular mess up on the night).

You ever heard of conspiracy theorists?

So basically you're saying all of the battle DJs who've battled are essentially in on this conspiracy, because the only way the results can be fixed is if all of the judges, who are previous National and World champs, choose people they didn't actually think won. It's not like DMC changes their results, or pays them to judge, or has any direct impact like that, so it would mean that over half of the judges have to compromise their integrity just because DMC asked them and no other reason. This seems like the most inefficient/unreliable way to fix results ever... they have no incentive to lean towards a certain competitor at all. How do I know they don't get paid under the table or something? Cuz I've been to heaps of battles, know dozens of DJs who have judged national and world finals, and have seen the struggle some battles have to find judges because it's volunteer works and a lot of DJs don't wanna do it unless they get paid.
Dj-M.Bezzle 7:01 PM - 29 October, 2012
I blame chem trails
phatbob 8:18 PM - 29 October, 2012
Quote:
I blame chem trails

In the morning to you Bezzle!

(Really hope you get that reference or I'll sound like a lunatic).
djkurve 11:55 PM - 29 October, 2012
Longest 6 minutes of my life....
reggae delgado 1:46 AM - 30 October, 2012
You know, a few years ago you could have a conversation without having any one call anyone a hater.

Saying someone can't criticize unless you could do better is blatantly false.... otherwise in sports, there would be no coaches. In entertainment, there would be no critics. In politics, democracy would be rejected. Anyone can have an informed or knowledgeable opinion. Obviously as individuals we have the right to accept or reject those opinions, but to dismiss opinions you disagree with automatically as "hate" coming from "haters" is the equivalent of a second grader sticking out their tongue when you tell them to do their homework. It gives the impression that the person is incapable of coming up with their own opinion or expressing their basic thoughts or reasoning. Or perhaps that they do not have the confidence in their own abilities to handle anyone else's opinion.

Back to the battle:
I'm not real sure he could have done anything with those tunes that I would have liked!
DJ Reflex 2:33 AM - 30 October, 2012
Maybe he could throw some pots and pans down the stairs... or let two cats fight in a cardboard box.

Kinda sounds like dubstep!?!
DJ Alkemy 6:24 PM - 1 November, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

You ever heard of conspiracy theorists?

So basically you're saying all of the battle DJs who've battled are essentially in on this conspiracy, because the only way the results can be fixed is if all of the judges, who are previous National and World champs, choose people they didn't actually think won. It's not like DMC changes their results, or pays them to judge, or has any direct impact like that, so it would mean that over half of the judges have to compromise their integrity just because DMC asked them and no other reason. This seems like the most inefficient/unreliable way to fix results ever... they have no incentive to lean towards a certain competitor at all. How do I know they don't get paid under the table or something? Cuz I've been to heaps of battles, know dozens of DJs who have judged national and world finals, and have seen the struggle some battles have to find judges because it's volunteer works and a lot of DJs don't wanna do it unless they get paid.

LMAO at DJs compromising their "integrity". DJs nowadays will play any old bullshit song, will play any old bullshit club and put there name anything if it pays enough. They have a much integrity as a common street walker. If you say you know tons of DJs who judged and you know they ain't been paid or otherwise to lean toward a certain competitor then I have no reason not to believe you. Why would you lie. Same goes with me. I know people who have been approached to judge finals who were asked to lean toward a certain competitor, simple as. The DMCs have sucked for a while now anyway so it don't really bother me. I think a lot of DJs lost faith in the organisation a long time ago. Tony Prince is a knob and an embarrassment. You believe what you like, I choose to believe the people I Know. And with the latest world final winning routine, it makes more sense.
MPC O.G. 6:54 PM - 1 November, 2012
I want to see Precision's set. Wht can't I find it? IJS.
Jairen 7:05 PM - 1 November, 2012
This guy should enter the DMC's...
Watchwww.youtube.com

With a name like that, he should know how to scratch.

People say he is the best...
DJ DisGrace 7:06 PM - 1 November, 2012
Quote:
This guy should enter the DMC's...
Watchwww.youtube.com

With a name like that, he should know how to scratch.

People say he is the best...

eerrrrr..... legends don't need to enter the DMC
Vekked 4:00 PM - 2 November, 2012
Quote:
You believe what you like, I choose to believe the people I Know. And with the latest world final winning routine, it makes more sense.

I'm sure you do "know" this inside info. Strangely if the results are fixed they seem to be fixed for the best routine 90% of the time. I can only think of maybe 2-3 years when the world winner was even debatable. Can you cite some of the years where the winner didn't clearly deserve it and the results were fixed?

And how does the fixed judging make more sense this year, when you haven't seen any routines other than the winning routine, lol?
MPC O.G. 4:19 PM - 2 November, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

And how does the fixed judging make more sense this year, when you haven't seen any routines other than the winning routine, lol?

Exactly MY point. I can't believe this set was better than Precision. WHY NOT SHOW THE OTHER SETS?
DJ Alkemy 6:31 PM - 2 November, 2012
Quote:
Can you cite some of the years where the winner didn't clearly deserve it and the results were fixed?

I can only think of maybe 2-3 years when the world winner was even debatable.

Answered your own question I think.

Quote:

I seen some entries online that were better than the winning one

Anyway, Im exhausted talking bout this now. The routine sucked, the DMC's suck these days too. Thats all I can muster up when my interest is waning so much.
DJ Alkemy 6:34 PM - 2 November, 2012
I just seen your routine and even think that is better than the winning one. Cleaner, better cuts, juggles and most of all...listenable. Im done with the DMC's, have been for a long long time.
MPC O.G. 1:27 AM - 20 November, 2012
I want to see all the other sets now. I never had to wait this long before. Something ain't right about this shit.
DJ.AJ 7:22 PM - 20 November, 2014
Drum and Bass clubs will love Mr. Switch. A little suprized this routine could win though - even with the cheating lol. The crowd seems to really be digging his style though.
deejayspinda 10:29 PM - 7 October, 2015
Well it's 2015 and DMC championships just keeps going down....How low will they sink?

The champions they pick are getting worse every year. Everyone knows they don't choose based on most skilled or best routine. It's whoever is going to be a good "poster child" for the organization even if theres more skilled and better routines present.

What a way to tarnish the images of previous champions like Cash Money, Q-Bert, Craze etc. I truly feel sorry for all the DJ's who practice so long and hard thinking it's how to win.

How to win a DMC? Work on your image first, second become good friends with management. ABSOLUTELY NO JOKE.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 10:42 PM - 7 October, 2015
So who do you think should have won?
deejayspinda 10:51 PM - 7 October, 2015
Thats a tricky question because if you know anything about the DMC you know this favoritism starts at the national level. Unfortunately the ones who have more skill and better routines get eliminated early. Image and relationship are needed just to get past national.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 11:05 PM - 7 October, 2015
Quote:
Thats a tricky question because if you know anything about the DMC you know this favoritism starts at the national level.

Why is that tricky?

I specifically asked YOU -
Quote:
deejayspinda 11:28 PM - 7 October, 2015
I don't know if this counts because I'm not sure if he's only done online but I'm very fond of DJ Unkut I think for an example this is the level of skill and creativity in a routine that could win any year. Just my opinion.
DJ Alkemy 11:35 PM - 7 October, 2015
DJ Vekked won this year and his routines are some of my favourite routines I have seen in years. I ain't seen footage of all this year's routines so I can't really comment.
MPC O.G. 11:49 PM - 7 October, 2015
AND they ROOKED Precision last year. Maybe there is favoritism, but some dudes are just that NASTY.
deejayspinda 12:01 AM - 8 October, 2015
Rooked Precision... yes that seems to be the general consensus doesn't it...

I guess my point is there's been an elephant in the room since 20XX's and I hope in a sincere way DMC starts to acknowledge it. It seems I can't mention the DMC to another DJ anymore without hearing these same responses so it's becoming universal.
MPC O.G. 12:10 AM - 8 October, 2015
It's about song selection, not skill.
 6 12:19 AM - 8 October, 2015
Quote:

That bs

nm
Owl G 12:54 AM - 8 October, 2015
Quote:

Yeah its about taste of the food, not how you make it.
deejayspinda 12:57 AM - 8 October, 2015
Quote:
Its an open secret that the dmcs have been fixed for years. Im not saying that Izoh didn't have the strongest set this year cause i didn't watch the dmcs (ain't done in a few years due to the huge drop in quality) but its well known they pick winners who are marketable.

Market + able = Win

DJ Alkemy had the formula for the DMC down at post # 1 I think that's the bottom line here.
Dj-M.Bezzle 2:04 PM - 8 October, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Its an open secret that the dmcs have been fixed for years. Im not saying that Izoh didn't have the strongest set this year cause i didn't watch the dmcs (ain't done in a few years due to the huge drop in quality) but its well known they pick winners who are marketable.

Market + able = Win

DJ Alkemy had the formula for the DMC down at post # 1 I think that's the bottom line here.

i think thats how most dj comps are now. Like when i went to the NOLA redbull thr33style there were 3 djs spinning, 2 locals and the guy you could tell redbull wanted to advance. The 2 locals murdered it but when #3 walked on stage the cameramen for redbull rushed up and were taking all kinda special pics and vids and at the peak of his routine they were even doing etra ish with the lights....guess who won
 6 6:24 PM - 8 October, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Market + able = Win

i think thats how most dj comps are now. Like when i went to the NOLA redbull thr33style there were 3 djs spinning, 2 locals and the guy you could tell redbull wanted to advance. The 2 locals murdered it but when #3 walked on stage the cameramen for redbull rushed up and were taking all kinda special pics and vids and at the peak of his routine they were even doing etra ish with the lights....guess who won

Shady shit

nm
Steve E Wunda 11:06 PM - 8 October, 2015
Quote:
AND they ROOKED Precision last year. Maybe there is favoritism, but some dudes are just that NASTY.

Precision got his this year with the win in The Battle For World Supremacy, which is arguably the better title to hold since you can't use any DVS, strictly vinyl.
DJ_X_Trodinaire 10:55 PM - 9 October, 2015
DJ Precision || 2014 DMC U.S. Finals || Showcase
Watchwww.youtube.com
dj_soo 1:19 AM - 10 October, 2015
vekked is dope. I haven't seen the routines yet, but based on his past work, I can't see how it would be out of left field that someone like him could win.
dj_soo 1:19 AM - 10 October, 2015
and he posts here too...
Vekked 11:45 PM - 10 October, 2015
hi :D

Regarding judging conspiracies, DMC posts the scores publicly with all of the judge's names attached to their score, they're the most transparent DJ battle organization out there.

Quote:
Thats a tricky question because if you know anything about the DMC you know this favoritism starts at the national level. Unfortunately the ones who have more skill and better routines get eliminated early. Image and relationship are needed just to get past national.

Although I ended up making a name for myself in battling more recently, my come up is a good example of an argument against this. I won the Canadian DMC finals in 2011 after 2nd time scratching out of my bedroom in 5 years (the 1st time was when I won the regional), and in 2012 I won a world title in my very first world final vs. a DMC veteran/UK home favourite when I was an absolute nobody.

DMC has a pretty good track record of picking the right winner. I could try to explain any past decisions from a battler perspective if anyone wanted... there's only a couple in the 30 years that I'd disagree with and even those are pretty damn close.
DJ_X_Trodinaire 11:56 PM - 10 October, 2015
Quote:

All I can say Congrats to you!
Vekked 12:00 AM - 11 October, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

All I can say Congrats to you!

haha thanks dude!!
SpareChange 4:18 AM - 11 October, 2015
Quote:

In Thre3style yes, DMC no

Unfortunately politics & bias have always been a part of the battle scene, you kind of have to prepare yourself mentally for that going into it as a participant. I've seen plenty of battles where I've left skratching my head at the decisions although I think it happens more on a local level than in the national/international realm. In fairness it's hard judging a competition where everything is subjective and a lot of it comes down to the judges personal taste. Sometimes as a competitor it's really hard to tell what they're looking for.

I've been in battles where 4 out of 5 judges will come up to you after the battle & say "hey I had you in first on my scorecard" so you know at least two of them are lying lol.
DJ Alkemy 4:24 AM - 11 October, 2015
Quote:

Regarding judging conspiracies, DMC posts the scores publicly with all of the judge's names attached to their score, they're the most transparent DJ battle organization out there.

Quote:

Although I ended up making a name for myself in battling more recently, my come up is a good example of an argument against this. I won the Canadian DMC finals in 2011 after 2nd time scratching out of my bedroom in 5 years (the 1st time was when I won the regional), and in 2012 I won a world title in my very first world final vs. a DMC veteran/UK home favourite when I was an absolute nobody.

DMC has a pretty good track record of picking the right winner. I could try to explain any past decisions from a battler perspective if anyone wanted... there's only a couple in the 30 years that I'd disagree with and even those are pretty damn close.

Vekked. First off, congrats man.

I've spoken to you on Facebook in the aftermath of the start of this thread and while I still stand behind what I said about people telling me there was an element of favouritism toward scoring certain DJ'S toward a win in past competitions I'll flat out acknowledge that I may be out of touch with the competition as it is today.

I watched and voted for your online routine and I had a few friends that went to the finals and every one of them said you took it hands down.

You've brought the soul back to the DMCs. I gotta admit, i was losing interest in the competition but you've brought a lot of people back with your routines.

Bigup.
SpareChange 4:32 AM - 11 October, 2015
Quote:

Although I ended up making a name for myself in battling more recently

Big ups on the world title! glad to see it come back to North America. Speaking of decisions I really thought you should have won supremacy last year.

Quote:

In the world finals yes, but not in US finals or regionals

Quote:
I could try to explain any past decisions from a battler perspective if anyone wanted...

2013 US Finals....j/k
SpareChange 4:37 AM - 11 October, 2015
Quote:

Was that this year's? If so I'm curious to see who you thought should have won? I listened to all those sets on mixcloud as I prepped for the national finals back in April.
Ralph Fader 7:13 AM - 12 October, 2015
Hey Spare Change,

I watched your black eye peas/Timberlake routine tons of times (I tried to do it once, failed miserably.) You kill it in every performance. Keep up the good work!!
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 4:33 PM - 12 October, 2015
Well.... salute to DJ Precision, Salute to DJ Vekked, Salute to DJ Ragoza, salute to DJ Sparechange, and a BIG BIG salute to our own DJ Logicalstyles "DJ Logic" who took 3rd in that Augusta GA Broad Street Beat Down DJ Invitational who had DJ Judges including - DJ Precision, and DJ Presyce....

Those cats are doing it big.
Logisticalstyles 6:43 PM - 12 October, 2015
Thanks! I'm just trying to make it do what it do.
SpareChange 3:09 AM - 13 October, 2015
Word. I appreciate it fellas!

Logic...love the blue techs btw

Quote:
and DJ Presyce....

That's a name I haven't heard in a while...I remember meeting him at Scribble the year he battled Abilities. I was just starting to get confident in my skills until I saw him on stage that night and quikly realized how terrible I was lol. I wish he would have battled longer, such a beast & Chi town legend 4 shure.
deejayspinda 10:53 AM - 13 October, 2015
D.M.C - the Definitive Marketing Club

D.M.C - Definitely Marketable Champions

D.M.C - Do Most for Company

D.M.C - Do Minimal for Contestants

D.M.C - Deceptively Make Choices

D.M.C - Da Mystery's Clear

_,--._ _,.--'''''''---..._
Elephas ,' _`''-'' `-._
maximus / / `. `.In the Roomus
/ ,_. | \ \
/ `-' | _,-'' \
| \,-' / \ `. \
| ,') ; / / |/\ \
_,.-'_,'\,-:_;;.| \\ | / | \ :
`'-'' \ \ | | \ / |/ |;
\ \ | / | / | ;;
`. \ \ |__ \ |/ ::
\ : | / `''----''`. / | \\
| ; ,\ | \ | | ;;
/ / \| | | | |
/,' || | | | |
;| | | | |
jrei ',_;-,__\ ,';-,__\.\
deejayspinda 11:33 AM - 13 October, 2015
And if one more person mentions ( pre-persuaded ) scores I'm going to need a barf bag.
DJ_X_Trodinaire 12:04 PM - 13 October, 2015
Vekked - DMC World Championship Winning Set 2015
Just posted
Watchwww.youtube.com
DJ GaFFle 12:30 PM - 13 October, 2015
Quote:
Just posted
Watchwww.youtube.com

Nice! Wear that jacket proudly.
deejayspinda 12:39 PM - 13 October, 2015
My advice to DJ Precision is to adjust wearing his hat backwards and do the off to one side flava flav style instead +

Change his hoodie to a loud T-shirt +

Do about 1-2 years worth of self promo with that new image +

As he's obviously not friendly enough with HQ in the U.K do whatever possible to get higher on their favorites list.

And maybe, just maybe...his skill level might be noticed and might get the WORLD title he deserved a long time ago.
deejayspinda 12:45 PM - 13 October, 2015
I'm personally interested to see how long it'll take for them to give precision a world title? Or has he given up at this point because he know's the score?
Vekked 1:26 PM - 13 October, 2015
Quote:
I'm personally interested to see how long it'll take for them to give precision a world title? Or has he given up at this point because he know's the score?

He just got one the Sunday before last...
Vekked 1:27 PM - 13 October, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Just posted
Watchwww.youtube.com

Nice! Wear that jacket proudly.

thanks homie :)
deejayspinda 2:01 PM - 13 October, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

World supremacy.

There's a lot of poor hopeful people trying to win what you just won Vekked thinking that endless hours of practice innovation and technique are the formula I'm just trying to be honest and tell them they better get the image down and most importantly get the chap stick out and schmooze HQ the right way. It's not a mass delusion here with so many people saying the same thing. It's self evident.
Vekked 2:17 PM - 13 October, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

World supremacy.

There's a lot of poor hopeful people trying to win what you just won Vekked thinking that endless hours of practice innovation and technique are the formula

How do you think I won exactly..?
Logisticalstyles 2:25 PM - 13 October, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

World supremacy.

So, are you saying the World Supremacy title is less important? If so, why?
deejayspinda 2:43 PM - 13 October, 2015
Quote:

I liked your routine Vekked and I think your a talented guy so I'd rather not debate with you on that.

Quote:
So, are you saying the World Supremacy title is less important? If so, why?

From what I've seen the few perks you get with your career from winning a world championship (playing clubs,touring) are few enough and even less when you win supremacy.

All I'm saying here is that SOME years judging is complete bollox you don't see any other competition/sport in history where it's based on anything other than skill imagine if the olympics were like that?
Vekked 2:49 PM - 13 October, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

I liked your routine Vekked and I think your a talented guy so I'd rather not debate with you on that.

Thanks man. I just think my come up is a pretty good example of a DJ who didn't have any political advantage and slowly grinded up over 4 years. I'm not saying there's zero politics, but I do believe the judges at the world finals are very qualified and most understand the work that goes into making these routines and respect the art enough to not choose based on their own biases.

I can't speak for local battles, since I know they don't always have judging panels that are exactly qualifed, but I understand the budget isn't always there to fly out 5 national/world DJ champions for a regional.
deejayspinda 3:11 PM - 13 October, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks man. I just think my come up is a pretty good example of a DJ who didn't have any political advantage and slowly grinded up over 4 years. I'm not saying there's zero politics, but I do believe the judges at the world finals are very qualified and most understand the work that goes into making these routines and respect the art enough to not choose based on their own biases.

I can't speak for local battles, since I know they don't always have judging panels that are exactly qualifed, but I understand the budget isn't always there to fly out 5 national/world DJ champions for a regional.

This touches the point I was trying to express earlier the real problem is with the local competitions because I have seen some pretty bad conduct like judges not looking or paying attention to non-favorites when they perform even walking off stage to socialize.

The worst is when I hear from management who's "regarded the best" for their area and guess who wins 4 elim's later.

People have a hard time even getting to a world's elim in this system.
deejayspinda 10:52 AM - 14 October, 2015
Of course, no responses regarding the corruption of this self-fluffling organization.
Logisticalstyles 12:55 PM - 14 October, 2015
Just out of curiosity, have you entered any of the DMC regionals and if so did something happen to make you feel this way?
When you talk about the "local" competitions are these DMC battles or are they other random DJ competitions?

Most other local DJ competitions are usually poorly put together and sometimes have questionable judging but I feel the DMC does a good job of choosing knowledgeable and impartial judges. I've only entered 4 DMC regionals and out of those 4 battles, only once did I feel like I should have gotten a better score than I did.
deejayspinda 2:10 PM - 14 October, 2015
Quote:
Just out of curiosity, have you entered any of the DMC regionals and if so did something happen to make you feel this way?
When you talk about the "local" competitions are these DMC battles or are they other random DJ competitions?

Most other local DJ competitions are usually poorly put together and sometimes have questionable judging but I feel the DMC does a good job of choosing knowledgeable and impartial judges. I've only entered 4 DMC regionals and out of those 4 battles, only once did I feel like I should have gotten a better score than I did.

Yes I've battled in competitions.

Unfortunately I can't go into detail about what I know about this competition without getting some sort or repercussion in return so really I'm wasting time and will stop posting all I can say again is how sorry I feel for people who are being misled with this competition.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 2:18 PM - 14 October, 2015
Quote:
Yes I've battled in competitions.

Unfortunately I can't go into detail about what I know about this competition without getting some sort or repercussion in return so really I'm wasting time and will stop posting all I can say again is how sorry I feel for people who are being misled with this competition.

And here we go...

So basically not to be funny, but you sound like a conspiracy theorist, or someone who is just jaded that they didn't make it past a certain level in the battles...

If you were able to go into "detail", that's one thing, but you're worried about "repercussions"...

Why are you worried about "repercussions" if you already know you're not gonna get a fair shake?

Lots of people have open minds, and can think for themselves IF presented with the evidence or "perceived" evidence of whatever, you're taking that right away from them, or like you said, wasting your time....

It's like saying "Ooooh, I've got a secret, but I can't tell you"....
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 2:20 PM - 14 October, 2015
It's a no brainer that it's probably a good idea to get familiar with those in the battle realm, JUST BECAUSE you gain more facetime, and folks know who you are and can expect and support you....
deejayspinda 3:39 PM - 14 October, 2015
Quote:
My advice to DJ Precision is to adjust wearing his hat backwards and do the off to one side flava flav style instead +

Change his hoodie to a loud T-shirt +

Do about 1-2 years worth of self promo with that new image +

As he's obviously not friendly enough with HQ in the U.K do whatever possible to get higher on their favorites list.

And maybe, just maybe...his skill level might be noticed and might get the WORLD title he deserved a long time ago.

I guess you want me to respond Johnny...

I don't have to give details just follow the steps above especially being good friends with management from your local branch to HQ and you'll go far.

Stop assuming there's a problem with everyone's skill level Johnny give me a break.

DMC became a Brand somewhere along the way ponder that for a moment.

It's a popularity contest, not skill level, not innovation, not for the DJ, it's only about what will help the Brand's longevity, bring in capital to give the employees of a small organization a modest living through advertising.

You are NEVER going to see someone win a championship if they are a virtuoso on the turntables but don't fit the stereotypical image to further the brand. Yes, you need skills, but can beat anyone even if your skills lack as long as your image is up to par. That's a known fact it's ridiculous and makes for a B.S competition any way you slice it.
deejayspinda 3:50 PM - 14 October, 2015
Tell me Johnny considering you sound like an expert what happened the year DJ Shiftee won?

Was that skill or something else?
deejayspinda 4:05 PM - 14 October, 2015
You know, I'm going to find a cartoon character that I can market myself looking like and when I find the right image I'll be back. Cheers for now...
Dj Shamann 5:45 PM - 14 October, 2015
Quote:
did something happen to make you feel this way?

As I'm reading, I'm wondering why someone would register an account just to bump an old thread about the DMCs and then continue on for a week.

And then this happens...

Quote:
Unfortunately I can't go into detail about what I know about this competition without getting some sort or repercussion in return
pdidy 6:51 PM - 14 October, 2015
Quote:
As I'm reading, I'm wondering why someone would register an account just to bump an old thread about the DMCs and then continue on for a week.

And then this happens...

Quote:
Unfortunately I can't go into detail about what I know about this competition without getting some sort or repercussion in return

yep, I was like 33.media.tumblr.com because shit dont sound right.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 7:31 PM - 14 October, 2015
Quote:
I guess you want me to respond Johnny...

I don't have to give details just follow the steps above especially being good friends with management from your local branch to HQ and you'll go far.

See, what I'm saying is that the "Steps" you're giving are in jest, or should be...

All I'm saying is that you MAY be justified in saying what you're saying, but if you're not willing to put some concrete evidence or PERCEIVED evidence out there, then who's gonna care or listen?

Quote:
Stop assuming there's a problem with everyone's skill level Johnny give me a break.

Again, I'm just saying what you SOUND LIKE, versus what you may actually be capable of.

Quote:
DMC became a Brand somewhere along the way ponder that for a moment.

It's a popularity contest, not skill level, not innovation, not for the DJ, it's only about what will help the Brand's longevity, bring in capital to give the employees of a small organization a modest living through advertising.

Then if that's the case, then what else would you expect from someone who's changed their direction?
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 7:32 PM - 14 October, 2015
Quote:
Tell me Johnny considering you sound like an expert what happened the year DJ Shiftee won?

I dunno, I stopped following the DMC after Slyce won.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 7:33 PM - 14 October, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
did something happen to make you feel this way?

And then this happens...

Quote:

Man, y'all have gotten GOOD at this...

Salute....

NEW account huh?
deejayspinda 9:00 PM - 14 October, 2015
I didn't find the right image yet but I'm back....

Yes new account is that strange? To me it's not...

My entire reason for posting here is to point out how things have changed. DMC used to be exactly what it was supposed to be and functioned like a real competition and I had a lot of respect for it. Then it changed and it's a ridiculous joke now.

When you can win because your image is intact and relationships with management are intact over someone more skilled, that's not a sport anymore. It's not a competition. It's a popularity contest.

So many DJ's know this hopefully if enough of them speak their mind someone will feel the pressure to stop the charade.
Dj-M.Bezzle 9:07 PM - 14 October, 2015
Quote:
I didn't find the right image yet but I'm back....

Yes new account is that strange? To me it's not....

actually its very strange. In fact it speaks volumes. Now....i cant tell you why its strange or get into the volumes it speaks but if you knew about what i cant tell you youd understand why
deejayspinda 9:12 PM - 14 October, 2015
For your information I was thinking about how the DMC gets more ridiculous every year and how people keep saying it to me, I thought there has to be someone who's written about it online because what's happening is so obvious. I did a google search and see this thread and the first post is taking about marketability. Hilarious.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 9:13 PM - 14 October, 2015
Quote:

So many DJ's know this hopefully if enough of them speak their mind someone will feel the pressure to stop the charade.

So why don't you be the first brave one to try to stop the charade?

You coming in as an alias totally undermines your message.
deejayspinda 9:15 PM - 14 October, 2015
Joke all you want it doesn't change the truth about this charade.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 9:17 PM - 14 October, 2015
Quote:
Joke all you want it doesn't change the truth about this charade.

Where exactly do you see us joking?

We're saying, you basically said a statement, cats are willing to listen, but you're not giving us anything concrete...
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 9:18 PM - 14 October, 2015
Give a specific example of an DJ injustice, in your own words...

Feel free to include links to vids for review and comparison.
deejayspinda 9:19 PM - 14 October, 2015
DMC is doing it all on their own you don't even need my message. How old is this thread and how many have said the same things I'm saying. Nice try but grand fail.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 9:21 PM - 14 October, 2015
Quote:
DMC is doing it all on their own you don't even need my message. How old is this thread and how many have said the same things I'm saying. Nice try but grand fail.

Bruh -
Quote:
Give a specific example of a DJ injustice, in your own words...
deejayspinda 9:26 PM - 14 October, 2015
An example of DJ injustice? LMAO where do I begin???

The year DJ shiftee won

The year Izoh won

I can keep going on...
deejayspinda 9:30 PM - 14 October, 2015
Absolutely CLEAR examples of B.S, once and a while they might give the right guy a chance but I would hate to be spending all my time and effort and travelling all over the place to compete the year the organization says hmmm this year we need the "marketable choice"

Hey DMC let me know which years ok? Lmao
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 9:34 PM - 14 October, 2015
Quote:
An example of DJ injustice? LMAO where do I begin???

The year DJ shiftee won

The year Izoh won

I can keep going on...

Links to vids?
deejayspinda 9:39 PM - 14 October, 2015
C'mon Mr. Cochran lol, there are posts on this very page that talk about shiftee's questionable win a plethora of links and discussion boards are at your disposal if you use google search.
deejayspinda 9:39 PM - 14 October, 2015
Izoh is self explanatory I rest my case your honor.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 9:41 PM - 14 October, 2015
Quote:
C'mon Mr. Cochran lol, there are posts on this very page that talk about shiftee's questionable win a plethora of links and discussion boards are at your disposal if you use google search.

I'm not that interested to do a Google search, but I will review what you post as "Evidence"...
deejayspinda 9:44 PM - 14 October, 2015
I have to give credit to Dj Alkemy because he started shedding some light on this a long time before me.
deejayspinda 9:45 PM - 14 October, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

I'm not that interested to do a Google search, but I will review what you post as "Evidence"...

Just read this thread again. Rinse and repeat. lol
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 9:46 PM - 14 October, 2015
Quote:
I have to give credit to Dj Alkemy because he started shedding some light on this a long time before me.

Ok, but you're not REALLY giving him credit, because you're worried about repercussions....
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 9:46 PM - 14 October, 2015
Quote:

So, you're not willing to back up what you say, even though you're cloaked on the internet...
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 9:51 PM - 14 October, 2015
I really don't see what the problem is...

For example I went to the DMC FINALS in NY on Aug 22nd, and DJ Ease DEFINITELY should have placed.....

See how easy that was?
deejayspinda 9:51 PM - 14 October, 2015
Quote:

Ok, but you're not REALLY giving him credit, because you're worried about repercussions....

Now you don't make sense Mr.Cochran.

Quote:
Quote:

So, you're not willing to back up what you say, even though you're cloaked on the internet...

I think exhibit A this thread is more than enough evidence.
deejayspinda 9:58 PM - 14 October, 2015
Quote:

For example I went to the DMC FINALS in NY on Aug 22nd, and DJ Ease DEFINITELY should have placed.....

See how easy that was?

That has nothing to do with the wins mentioned previously.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 9:59 PM - 14 October, 2015
Quote:
Now you don't make sense Mr.Cochran.

You're giving him "credit" behind a login that was created specifically for this "discussion"....an alias.

Quote:
I think exhibit A this thread is more than enough evidence.

Eh, if you're not going to provide a link or a quote, then enjoy your stay...

We'll keep the light on for you.
deejayspinda 10:03 PM - 14 October, 2015
You do a great job of ignoring the truth Bruh.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 10:03 PM - 14 October, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

See how easy that was?

That has nothing to do with the wins mentioned previously.

Sure it does - I previously asked you
Quote:

And you're saying you can't give an answer for one reason or another, nor are you willing to point to any evidence or PERCEIVED evidence of wrong doing....as it may have repercussions against you...

I just gave you my OPINION of someone who should have at LEAST placed, and the sun is still shining, birds still chirping, the board is still operating....
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 10:04 PM - 14 October, 2015
Quote:
You do a great job of ignoring the truth Bruh.

And what is the truth again? I'm trying to get you to take a stand....

You're only speaking in Generalistic terms...
deejayspinda 10:19 PM - 14 October, 2015
Did I not say Precision should have won? How many other people feel the same way. Your bullshitting at this point. Attempting to make a bullshit conversation.

You work for these idiots for sure. I don't that's for damn sure.

Congrats DMC you took something great and made it shit and everyone knows it. You did it once and thought you could keep doing it but people are noticing.

Let me know when I can take a picture hugging sally mclintock so I can increase my chances of winning. Lord know's practice is a waste of time after you get some general skills and start schmoozing.
Vekked 10:41 PM - 14 October, 2015
Quote:

?????

Shiftee's juggling in his winning set was the best beat juggling DMC has seen in a battle since Kentaro. There's like 5 beat juggles in the last decade that I would give a 10/10 and Shiftee had one of them.
deejayspinda 10:47 PM - 14 October, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

?????

Shiftee's juggling in his winning set was the best beat juggling DMC has seen in a battle since Kentaro. There's like 5 beat juggles in the last decade that I would give a 10/10 and Shiftee had one of them.

What? Best beat juggling that year? Wtf are you talking about???
deejayspinda 10:47 PM - 14 October, 2015
Because of the Bollox score? What do countless people's eyes say Vekked?
deejayspinda 10:49 PM - 14 October, 2015
Rafik, Netik, Fly. Best beat juggling DMC has seen in the new era. Period.
deejayspinda 10:51 PM - 14 October, 2015
Shiftee won because image and ESPECIALLY the build up of relationship was built correctly. Period.
deejayspinda 10:53 PM - 14 October, 2015
You know I'm talking to a DMC champ who can't say shit about his own bullshit organization, and an organizer, how can I have an honest convo?
deejayspinda 10:57 PM - 14 October, 2015
Don't get upset with me for the garbage that DMC pulls. And stop trying to defend something that's so obvious. Ridiculous.
deejayspinda 11:14 PM - 14 October, 2015
Quote:
I always knew the DMC's were a load of shit judging wise but this takes the royal piss. You tell me this routine deserves to stand next to the likes of Cash Money, Q-Bert, Craze etc. This seems like they gave the title to the person with the most lucrative marketting potential:

Watchwww.youtube.com

Let's end this the way it started with DJ Alkemy's first post because nothing has changed in years and it's only getting worse.
deejayspinda 11:55 PM - 14 October, 2015
You know what, let me quote myself for a moment because this is the bottom line of this bullshit organization
Quote:

When you can win because your image is intact and relationships with management are intact over someone more skilled, that's not a sport anymore. It's not a competition. It's a popularity contest.

Bottom Line!
deejayspinda 12:00 AM - 15 October, 2015
See you next year at the same time to witness the next farce DMC.
deejayspinda 12:03 AM - 15 October, 2015
farce
färs/
noun
noun: farce; plural noun: farces

"A comic dramatic work using buffoonery and horseplay and typically including crude characterization and ludicrously improbable situations."

ludicrously improbable situations. Lmao my feelings exactly.
DJ_X_Trodinaire 12:39 AM - 15 October, 2015
someone is really bitter... no?

geeze
:)
dj_soo 12:44 AM - 15 October, 2015
any competition based on subjective judgement is going to have the headscratching moments.

but this guy just sounds like he's got some sour grapes.
deejayspinda 12:52 AM - 15 October, 2015
That's a stereotypical response, not buying it.
Quote:
any competition based on subjective judgement is going to have the headscratching moments.

but this guy just sounds like he's got some sour grapes.

That's a stereotypical response, not buying it. Nice try guys.
deejayspinda 12:54 AM - 15 October, 2015
Get your chap stick out guys the next year of ass kissing is here, I'm not an ass kisser so yes it bother's me that peoples skills won't matter.
deejayspinda 12:59 AM - 15 October, 2015
Make SURE you kiss the ass of your local organizer first to guarantee multiple shots at the world finals,

While your doing this make sure to kiss lots of U.K ass at head office and make sure you look the part.

Abracadabra, watch yourself win like magic!
pdidy 1:03 AM - 15 October, 2015
@deejayspinda

All that said, will YOU continue to participate in the DMC "farce" ?
deejayspinda 1:11 AM - 15 October, 2015
Finally a great question.

I've already thought about this. There is no way to win the DMC without all the bullshit so I'm going to be forced to follow the bullshit guidelines so that my skills will be noticed. Then when I win I'll be a champion that finally tells the truth about this bullshit organization WITHOUT FEAR BECAUSE I HAVE A DAY JOB and prove that I could only get there by the hershey highway of bullshit.
deejayspinda 1:20 AM - 15 October, 2015
Ready for my photo op Miss. Mclintock, will some chocolate and flowers be a nice gift you think?
Dj Shamann 1:34 AM - 15 October, 2015
Quote:
Finally a great question.

I've already thought about this. There is no way to win the DMC without all the bullshit so I'm going to be forced to follow the bullshit guidelines so that my skills will be noticed.

I knew that was coming. So you're pissed off because you think you should be doing better in the battles than you're doing so you've created a scapegoat.

Then you register an alias, bump an old thread while pretending you just "happened upon" it, and go off a hint-rant without ever actually being straight about it, saying you don't want repercussions and you want to talk about "honest" conversations?

Quote:
Get your chap stick out guys the next year of ass kissing is here,

That's a stereotypical response, not buying it. Nice try guy.

Quote:
6:

yup, he mad

LOL
Scully DJ Services 2:10 AM - 15 October, 2015
Plot twist: deejayspinda is actually GMJ
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 2:15 AM - 15 October, 2015
Quote:
Did I not say Precision should have won?

???

Didn't Precision win? I'm confused....

Quote:
Your bullshitting at this point. Attempting to make a bullshit conversation.

You work for these idiots for sure. I don't that's for damn sure.

Bruh, you buggin.....

So, you're a DJ who didn't make it past a certain point?
 6 2:17 AM - 15 October, 2015
Quote:

That would be hilarious. lol

nm
 6 2:19 AM - 15 October, 2015
In all fairness, deejayspinda does have a point. It's a lot of politics with plenty of shit in life and DJ competitions are no exceptions. I too have seen it at a regional level in and outside DMC.

BUT, you can either complain about it or be so damn dope that there is no denying that you should have made it to the finals and even win the entire competition.

nm
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 2:21 AM - 15 October, 2015
Quote:
There is no way to win the DMC without all the bullshit so I'm going to be forced to follow the bullshit guidelines so that my skills will be noticed.

Can we see an example of your skills?
dj_soo 2:28 AM - 15 October, 2015
he can't - he's "in disguise"
deejayspinda 4:38 AM - 15 October, 2015
Quote:
I knew that was coming. So you're pissed off because you think you should be doing better in the battles than you're doing so you've created a scapegoat.

Then you register an alias, bump an old thread while pretending you just "happened upon" it, and go off a hint-rant without ever actually being straight about it, saying you don't want repercussions and you want to talk about "honest" conversations?

You guys are absolutely hilarious thank you I needed a giggle,

There is no problem with the DMC right, it must be I have a personal problem and everyone else saying the same thing must also, we're just sore losers.

GIVE ME A BREAK I want to see the right person win even if it's not myself as you can see from my previous posts.

Quote:
In all fairness, deejayspinda does have a point. It's a lot of politics with plenty of shit in life and DJ competitions are no exceptions. I too have seen it at a regional level in and outside DMC.

BUT, you can either complain about it or be so damn dope that there is no denying that you should have made it to the finals and even win the entire competition.

Yeah what is ANYONE supposed to do when they're picking an "Izoh" that year no dopeness will suffice ask the runners up of 2012.
deejayspinda 4:39 AM - 15 October, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

nm

Who's GMJ?
deejayspinda 4:43 AM - 15 October, 2015
Quote:
Yeah what is ANYONE supposed to do when they're picking an "Izoh" that year no dopeness will suffice ask the runners up of 2012.

Get shares in the chap stick company, try to look more B-Boy than Izoh and jump around more while performing. That's the ticket!
deejayspinda 4:44 AM - 15 October, 2015
Oh and more air horn ;)
deejayspinda 5:08 AM - 15 October, 2015
Quote:

No matter what I say I still can't top DJ Alkemy, "this takes the royal piss" makes me laugh every time I think of it. lol
DJ Dynamite - NJ 5:08 AM - 15 October, 2015
Normally I wouldn't do this but...

Nah, I'm gonna bite my tongue on this one. I'm just gonna sit back and watch this story unfold.
cdnpix.com
deejayspinda 5:12 AM - 15 October, 2015
Quote:
Normally I wouldn't do this but...

Do you know who GMJ is?

Nah, I'm gonna bite my tongue on this one. I'm just gonna sit back and watch this story unfold.
cdnpix.com
DJ GaFFle 5:38 AM - 15 October, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

nm

Who's GMJ?

i.imgflip.com
deejayspinda 5:41 AM - 15 October, 2015
Who is that?
deejayspinda 5:45 AM - 15 October, 2015
Quote:

What story? I came here to reiterate what Alkemy said didn't know it was going to be such a big deal.
deejayspinda 5:49 AM - 15 October, 2015
i.imgflip.com

Who is this?
deejayspinda 6:39 AM - 15 October, 2015
Ok the legendary Grandmaster jay.lol

This is all the training you need guys in this video:

Watchwww.youtube.com
Vekked 12:02 PM - 15 October, 2015
Quote:

And here is the root of your issue. You have no idea what you're talking about. All 3 are amazing DJs but all 3 are clearly stronger scratchers and won on the strength of their scratching not their beat juggling.

The fact that you think Shiftee won based on politics and rafik/netik/fly are the best jugglers in recent times means you don't really understand the artform whatsoever.
deejayspinda 12:22 PM - 15 October, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

And here is the root of your issue. You have no idea what you're talking about. All 3 are amazing DJs but all 3 are clearly stronger scratchers and won on the strength of their scratching not their beat juggling.

The fact that you think Shiftee won based on politics and rafik/netik/fly are the best jugglers in recent times means you don't really understand the artform whatsoever.

Really? your talking about scores again Vekked, sure I'll agree the live scores are different I'm talking about the actual content. I know about kentaro's score your talking about "accuracy" on the night. That's completely different bruh.

I don't know the art form? Rafik changed the game of beat juggling and especially the "composition of how routines are made" your going to deny that? All of you guys routines are composed a certain way that Rafik originated the format of.

So what if their stronger scratchers you think they won by that not by the "intricate" way they compose a routine in it's entirety?

And your telling me Shiftee is a better juggler than Rafik? By live score sure... And the scores are bullshit to me because of the bullshit of DMC. Shiftee and everyone after the fact learned A LOT from Rafik. Rafik changed the game NO?

And I haven't even mentioned the other two.
deejayspinda 12:25 PM - 15 October, 2015
Scores and more scores from BULLSHIT artists, that's all you care about. I know how your so called "judging" works so as I said I'm going to need a barf bag if I have to hear about the bullshit scores again.
deejayspinda 12:34 PM - 15 October, 2015
That's right, defend your garbage self fluffing organization that doesn't give a shit about people. Just themselves.
deejayspinda 12:34 PM - 15 October, 2015
Like YOU are going to say anything negative about the "conduct" of the DMC YA RIGHT LMAO!
deejayspinda 12:39 PM - 15 October, 2015
WTF happened with IZOH, C'mon give me some miraculous explanation why that's not pure bullshit on DMC's part. Yeah, tell me how IZOH WON, I would LOVE to hear your commentary on that.
deejayspinda 12:45 PM - 15 October, 2015
I'm sure ALL the people who spent a year of their lives travelling expenses to go to a dozen eliminations etc just to be beat by that guy??? I'm sure they would LOVE to hear the explanation of why they wasted their time and money.

Please enlighten us Mr. World Champ.
deejayspinda 12:59 PM - 15 October, 2015
Here's next years champ:

Watchwww.youtube.com

I think from now on any "questionable" winner of the DMC should be referred to as a "Dish Jockey"

ie. "He won by being a good Dish Jockey".

Meaning he did nothing special but polished some dishes in that routine.
deejayspinda 1:05 PM - 15 October, 2015
There you go folks, I have finally revealed the insider information that I mentioned...

Next year's winner!!!
Vekked 1:26 PM - 15 October, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Really? your talking about scores again Vekked, sure I'll agree the live scores are different I'm talking about the actual content. I know about kentaro's score your talking about "accuracy" on the night. That's completely different bruh.

I don't know the art form? Rafik changed the game of beat juggling and especially the "composition of how routines are made" your going to deny that? All of you guys routines are composed a certain way that Rafik originated the format of.

So what if their stronger scratchers you think they won by that not by the "intricate" way they compose a routine in it's entirety?

And your telling me Shiftee is a better juggler than Rafik? By live score sure... And the scores are bullshit to me because of the bullshit of DMC. Shiftee and everyone after the fact learned A LOT from Rafik. Rafik changed the game NO?

And I haven't even mentioned the other two.

YES! Shiftee is a better beat juggler than Rafik and I'm sure Rafik would agree! Rafik isn't a slouch by any means, his Hi-Speed Rocket juggle is a classic juggle but almost everything great about his routines is his scratching. Shiftee has numerous classics and almost no weak juggles. He's straight up one of the best jugglers of all time, easily top 3 of the last decade.

Rafik is a super influential scratcher and changed how people scratched in battles... He's one of the first to truly get musical and combine funk and technicality at a level that was amazing for scratching period, not just "DMC scratchers". However, his beat juggling definitely didn't change the game.

I'm not sure how are you gonna say Shiftee learned a lot from Rafik when Shiftee and Rafik came up and the exact same time. Shiftee burst onto the scene by beating I-Emerge in 2003, Rafik made his world debut at the ITF finals in 2003, Rafik won DMC in 2007, Shiftee won Supremacy in 2007.

I don't know what score of the night even means or the scores you keep bringing up.
deejayspinda 1:44 PM - 15 October, 2015
You know Vekked when you respond to me it's as if you don't read my post....anyways...

Tell me something so I can gauge each of our tastes for what is skill...

Do you think shiftee's golden years routine is more "complex" than rafik's gold steel routine?

Just for an example...
deejayspinda 1:48 PM - 15 October, 2015
Also, why is it that with a certain routine like Rafik's people have no question why that is chosen as a winning routine. Not one person.

Then when they see shiftee's winning routine you have a large percentage of people saying WTF, what does this tell you? Just wondering...
deejayspinda 1:59 PM - 15 October, 2015
A lot of people have a high skill level these days and know what it would take to pull off certain routines if they had to do it thus the difference between a WTF response and a wow that was mind blowing response. I think people judge like that. That's my theory.
Vekked 2:07 PM - 15 October, 2015
Quote:
Also, why is it that with a certain routine like Rafik's people have no question why that is chosen as a winning routine. Not one person.

Then when they see shiftee's winning routine you have a large percentage of people saying WTF, what does this tell you? Just wondering...

Because rafik's routine is mainly scratching with lots of melodic content, and shiftee's is mainly beat juggling, and the general public, even DJs, don't get beat juggling as much as they get scratching. As evidenced by everything you're saying.

Most people would probably choose a 7 out of 10 scratcher over a 10 out of 10 beat juggler because when they hear tempo and time signature changes they think it's a mistake and sounds bad.

Not to mention 99% of people just aren't good judges of battle routines but have too much ego to admit it. Like, you probably legitimately believe you're more qualified to judge world class battle routines than I am for some delusional reason.
Vekked 2:09 PM - 15 October, 2015
Quote:
A lot of people have a high skill level these days and know what it would take to pull off certain routines if they had to do it.

LOL
deejayspinda 2:12 PM - 15 October, 2015
Delusional. Is that what they call different taste these days?

Which one is more difficult to perform in your opinion if you had the tracks and had to do it?
deejayspinda 2:13 PM - 15 October, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
A lot of people have a high skill level these days and know what it would take to pull off certain routines if they had to do it.

LOL[/quote

No that can't be possible right LOL
DJ GaFFle 2:23 PM - 15 October, 2015
Vekked 2:28 PM - 15 October, 2015
Quote:
Delusional. Is that what they call different taste these days?

Which one is more difficult to perform in your opinion if you had the tracks and had to do it?

Rafik's scratching would be harder, shiftees juggling would be harder. Rafik's routine is better but guess what... They didn't compete in the same year! So they're both allowed to win.
deejayspinda 2:28 PM - 15 October, 2015
Quote:

LOL

Quote:
Not to mention 99% of people just aren't good judges of battle routines but have too much ego to admit it. Like, you probably legitimately believe you're more qualified to judge world class battle routines than I am for some delusional reason.

You absolutely have the mind set of the new "DMC champ" 99% of people huh? You my bruh are the elite, the 1 percent, the illuminated one. It's nice to know what you think of "us" out here.
Vekked 2:29 PM - 15 October, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

LOL

I would really like to see all of these bedroom DJs who can pull of DMC world champ's routines lol
deejayspinda 2:31 PM - 15 October, 2015
Quote:
Rafik's routine is better but guess what... They didn't compete in the same year! So they're both allowed to win.

Rafik's routine is better funny that's what I was trying to say.
deejayspinda 2:33 PM - 15 October, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

LOL

I would really like to see all of these bedroom DJs who can pull of DMC world champ's routines lol

Where do you think you guys come from?
deejayspinda 2:35 PM - 15 October, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

Think a bit more about what you say it's a known fact that some ONLINE dj's have had better routines than world champs.
deejayspinda 2:37 PM - 15 October, 2015
And while your bestowing us with your wisdom please give me a miraculous reason for Izoh winning and for everyone that year who wasted time on a real routine.
deejayspinda 2:39 PM - 15 October, 2015
Let's not sway from what this thread is all about: Dj Izoh's infamous win.
deejayspinda 2:41 PM - 15 October, 2015
Everyone knows how bullshit that was but you will find a way to explain that I'm sure.
deejayspinda 2:44 PM - 15 October, 2015
Quote:
mrwgifs.com

Here's next years champ!

Watchwww.youtube.com
deejayspinda 2:53 PM - 15 October, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

You know what's hilarious to me, DJ's who think turntablism and the champs routines etc
are such an amazing feat of musical performing achievement. A mastery of dexterity and hand to eye coordination.

Can you PLEASE watch a piano concerto like Rachmaninoff's 3'rd if you want to see something difficult like memorizing 80 pages of notation at 128th notes and humble yourself.
deejayspinda 2:58 PM - 15 October, 2015
Approx only 10 people in the world can play that properly, you act like your routines are this diffcult LMAO!
deejayspinda 3:03 PM - 15 October, 2015
Open your mind...watch out for people in the future who are not just DJ's, If they can take the time to learn a Tchaikovsky piece they can learn any DMC winning routine. Take my word on that.
deejayspinda 3:19 PM - 15 October, 2015
I would say I can't wait until someone like that decides to be your competition.

But it won't matter if they don't get a lifetime of chap stick and get that image down for the DMC.

Next years champ everyone! A great Dish Jockey!
deejayspinda 4:12 PM - 15 October, 2015
Priceless:

postimg.org
deejayspinda 4:20 PM - 15 October, 2015
Ok I think I finally found my image for my upcoming battles! I think this is the look right here!

Watchwww.youtube.com
Mike_P 4:24 PM - 15 October, 2015
< Makes a comment on a thread about DMC, has to "stop tracking" said thread 3 years later. SMH
deejayspinda 4:53 PM - 15 October, 2015
My apologies I am only a mere mortal.
deejayspinda 4:54 PM - 15 October, 2015
Spending every waking moment right now learning routines that are impossible to mortals like myself.
deejayspinda 4:58 PM - 15 October, 2015
All bedroom dj's I implore you! Although we are simple minded orangutans possibly the powers of the universe will look down upon us and give the ability to do the first 2 bars of dj shiftee's routine!
deejayspinda 5:38 PM - 15 October, 2015
Quote:

Guess that includes "Izoh Osbourne's" routine too right? Your right. I'm stumped. Too tough.
deejayspinda 5:39 PM - 15 October, 2015
I guess your right...

I consulted the ancient texts...Confucius says: Dmc champs don't start in a bedroom or basement they start in a manger with three wise men present.
deejayspinda 5:57 PM - 15 October, 2015
Quote:
but ligone and shiftee the two years prior kinda suck. there is absolutely nothing that stands out in their sets. And i feel the same way about Izohs set this year. I mean shit i can sit their and juggle electro and make it sound as clusterfucked. I didn't see Precisions set by my guess is he brought more skills and uniqueness.

Let's have a contest to re-create Izoh's set. Doesn't have to be the exact same music just get your craziest electro and air horn's out!

100 £ to the winner!
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 7:32 PM - 15 October, 2015
Quote:
Like, you probably legitimately believe you're more qualified to judge world class battle routines than I am for some delusional reason.

Lmao, that was funny, yall goin hard in here.....

Mad disrespectful...lol.
deejayspinda 7:52 PM - 15 October, 2015
Like, you probably legitimately believe no one can do YOUR ROUTINE for some delusional reason.
deejayspinda 7:56 PM - 15 October, 2015
Like, you probably legitimately believe a dmc routine is as difficult as a classical piano piece for some delusional reason.
deejayspinda 7:59 PM - 15 October, 2015
Like, you probably legitimately believe chap stick has nothing to do with DMC placement for some delusional reason.
deejayspinda 8:11 PM - 15 October, 2015
Quote:
Rafik's routine is better but guess what... They didn't compete in the same year! So they're both allowed to win.

Like, it takes me 10 posts and you 5 to say I'm right Rafik's routine is better for some delusional reason.
deejayspinda 8:16 PM - 15 October, 2015
Like, I know which routine is better and so do other people but we're ALL delusional in your mind for some delusional reason.
deejayspinda 8:20 PM - 15 October, 2015
Dish Jockey baby! Next years Champ! Watchwww.youtube.com
deejayspinda 8:28 PM - 15 October, 2015
That's next years champ:

Watchwww.youtube.com

I think from now on any "questionable" winner of the DMC should be referred to as a "Dish Jockey"

ie. "He won by being a good Dish Jockey".

Meaning he did nothing special but polished some dishes in that routine.
DJ Phoresh 8:34 PM - 15 October, 2015
Hello All,

I just read this thread and have learned that I'm a 99% bedroom Dj. I'm looking to move into the 1%, or out of my mom's house if possible, and I'm having trouble. I went to the the store to pick up some chap stick but there were so many options. Which chap stick do I need to buy to become DMC champ?

Thanks to this thread I've also learned that it's important to work on my calves, I hear they help with jumping behind the decks. Only problem is I'm learning that developing the calve muscles can be tough, what exercises should I focus on that will up my jumping behind the decks game?

Thanks! I look forward to looking down on all the 99% with my beautiful calves, smooth lips and DMC Champion jacket in the near future.
deejayspinda 8:47 PM - 15 October, 2015
Quote:
Hello All,

I just read this thread and have learned that I'm a 99% bedroom Dj. I'm looking to move into the 1%, or out of my mom's house if possible, and I'm having trouble. I went to the the store to pick up some chap stick but there were so many options. Which chap stick do I need to buy to become DMC champ?

Hallelujah thank you! This makes me roll on the floor hysterical allow me to assist you...

Ok you need the special edition Obama Brand Chap Stick view here:

postimg.org

It's the only one that will work
deejayspinda 8:49 PM - 15 October, 2015
Quote:
Thanks to this thread I've also learned that it's important to work on my calves, I hear they help with jumping behind the decks. Only problem is I'm learning that developing the calve muscles can be tough, what exercises should I focus on that will up my jumping behind the decks game?

Yes you are very correct calves are very important to jump behind the turntables.

Whatever you do don't work on your arms turntablists are not allowed to have biceps, notice that? lol
 6 9:05 PM - 15 October, 2015
Quote:
Hello All,

Thanks! I look forward to looking down on all the 99% with my beautiful calves, smooth lips and DMC Champion jacket in the near future.

lol

nm
pdidy 9:15 PM - 15 October, 2015
DJ Alkemy 10:23 PM - 15 October, 2015
I made this thread a few years back. I still stand behind my original post about that particular winning routine and the whispers of favouritism (I was talking about DMC in it's prime).

Anyway, I have watched Vekked's routines for a while now and it's simple, he had the best routine this year. I watched some of his earlier stuff too and the dude done it the hard way. Every year, grafted, hard work.

I know people who went to the battles, real DJ heads and when I enquired about who won, they all said, Vekked took it by far.

I just hope this ushers in a new era for the DMC's because it's definitely needed. And instead of making this a shit flinging contest, let's just realise that this year, the right man won.
DJ Alkemy 10:44 PM - 15 October, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
I made this thread a few years back. I still stand behind my original post about that particular winning routine and the whispers of favouritism (I was talking about DMC in it's prime).

Anyway, I have watched Vekked's routines for a while now and it's simple, he had the best routine this year. I watched some of his earlier stuff too and the dude done it the hard way. Every year, grafted, hard work.

I know people who went to the battles, real DJ heads and when I enquired about who won, they all said, Vekked took it by far.

I just hope this ushers in a new era for the DMC's because it's definitely needed. And instead of making this a shit flinging contest, let's just realise that this year, the right man won.

I hope this ushers a new era in the DMC also that a champ acts like a champ as the likes of muhammad ali etc. When a kid walks up to him and says I want to be a DMC champ, the answer should be:

"All you have to do is work hard and you got it kid"

Not I have elite supernatural reptilian chosen one type powers and no one can do it.

You just said it Alkemy. Hard work. And you know some years are chap stick years so we all have to watch out because I'm not spending time and money on a chap stick year.

I can, albeit from an outsider, vouch, from watching Vekked's routines the last few years that he most definitely has put in the work. Probably the most legitimate, hard working DJ out there in the battle scene.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 11:00 PM - 15 October, 2015
Quote:

He stumbled upon the chap stick while experiencing dry mouth and changed the history of the DMC.

So are you saying DJ Craze was kissin' azz to win battles?
dj_soo 11:05 PM - 15 October, 2015
Quote:
Is that what they call different taste these days?

wait, first it was politics and bringing up subjectivity is "stereotypical" and now different tastes matter?
dj_soo 12:09 AM - 16 October, 2015
I don't think anyone has ever suggested that there aren't politics involved in any of these contests.

Hell, I remember an interview with Roc Raida like 10 years ago that basically stated that.

None of this is eye-opening.

That said, over the years, most of the winners I think deserved the win give or take a few here or there. When you get to that level of skill, there are some judges that are going to hold certain things with more value than people like you.

What's more interesting is how for someone who think DMCs are such a crock of shit, you still can't stop talking about.
DJ Alkemy 9:27 AM - 16 October, 2015
Quote:
Respect Alkemy. And If I may reiterate I invite all DMC champions to play another instrument (and not the way you guys do fooling around producing) I mean actually try to learn beethoven on the piano or mozart on violin, just one piece, and recalibrate what your definition of "difficult" is.

It'll make you a better turntablist I promise you.

Or maybe concert pianists should try getting to a level where they create a 6 minute routine on turntables that is good enough to win the DMC title.

Or maybe they should just stick to what interests them and not confuse one talent with another one.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 1:57 PM - 16 October, 2015
lmao! U mad.
DJ Alkemy 2:10 PM - 16 October, 2015
Another complete ass clown I meet on these boards. It's like a breeding ground for shit talkers.

Your very mad. I couldn't care less.
Gio Alex 2:58 PM - 16 October, 2015
Wow, I missed a lot. This is gonna be a good read. Starting from OCt 13th. lol
DJ Alkemy 3:53 PM - 16 October, 2015
Don't let the door hit you in the camel toe on ya way out.

Lol. That guy took the cake for talking to himself.
Vekked 4:52 PM - 16 October, 2015
Quote:
Vekked your fellow competitors have not been getting a fair deal for about 4-5 years because of your "relationship" with your local organizer. They have TRIED to get him fired but HQ doesn't want to listen!

You and the DMC can fuck off.

Wowww hahahahaha
Vekked 6:18 PM - 16 October, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Vekked your fellow competitors have not been getting a fair deal for about 4-5 years because of your "relationship" with your local organizer. They have TRIED to get him fired but HQ doesn't want to listen!

You and the DMC can fuck off.

Wowww hahahahaha

People I've spoken to don't seem to be laughing.

What other incriminating information does your sources have on me? This is reputation ruining stuff right here, I'm worried they're gonna strip me of my titles now.
DJ Alkemy 6:18 PM - 16 October, 2015
Don't feed the troll
Vekked 7:10 PM - 16 October, 2015
I have complaints about various battle organizers myself, but unfortunately no matter how many you win, you don't have any pull to do anything about how things are run. Gotta start my own battle.
deejayspinda 7:17 PM - 16 October, 2015
It shouldn't feel that way...it's just going to make for so many more dj competitions and dilute DMC's value which I think sucks.
deejayspinda 7:18 PM - 16 October, 2015
They just have to start listening to people again.
deejayspinda 7:18 PM - 16 October, 2015
From your local to the HQ.
CMOS 7:19 PM - 16 October, 2015
So you dont like the DMCs?
deejayspinda 7:23 PM - 16 October, 2015
I like the DMC too much that's the problem! lol

But I've seen enough BS in my own experience that makes me not want to participate either.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 7:24 PM - 16 October, 2015
LMAO! Now this is great entertainment....
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 7:25 PM - 16 October, 2015
Quote:

But I've seen enough BS in my own experience that makes me not want to participate either.

But you talk all this wreck, but can't name names to put cats on blast.

Nobody believes you cuz.
Gio Alex 7:27 PM - 16 October, 2015
Quote:

I was saying the same thing! lmao
deejayspinda 7:29 PM - 16 October, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

But you talk all this wreck, but can't name names to put cats on blast.

Nobody believes you cuz.

That's not my job to make people believe me and I'm not going to name people so they get in trouble when they make valid claims.

They didn't ask me to come here either the onus was on me cuz.

I'm glad it's entertaining you.
deejayspinda 7:31 PM - 16 October, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

I was saying the same thing! lmao

I like to think I can be an entertaining guy when I'm in the mood. Thank you
deejayspinda 7:33 PM - 16 October, 2015
Although nothing beats the Dish Jockey commercial for entertainment.
deejayspinda 7:34 PM - 16 October, 2015
Btw not a real product guys its a "farce"
deejayspinda 7:58 PM - 16 October, 2015
Quote:
I have complaints about various battle organizers myself, but unfortunately no matter how many you win, you don't have any pull to do anything about how things are run. Gotta start my own battle.

Well I didn't want to bust your chops Vekked but did a bit anyways I hope it wasn't too busting.

After everything I've said I can't think of what I could contribute anymore so I'll be watching the DMC from a distance for now, with fingers crossed for better things to come.

For the record I don't think this year was a chap stick year and I know you've been working hard for many years for this. Sorry if I caused any damper on your time of celebration.

And please don't entice me to come back. lol!
Vekked 8:08 PM - 16 October, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

Well I didn't want to bust your chops Vekked but did a bit anyways I hope it wasn't too busting.

After everything I've said I can't think of what I could contribute anymore so I'll be watching the DMC from a distance for now, with fingers crossed for better things to come.

For the record I don't think this year was a chap stick year and I know you've been working hard for many years for this. Sorry if I caused any damper on your time of celebration.

Haha, no worries man. It's healthy to discuss and criticize :)
deejayspinda 8:30 PM - 16 October, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Haha, no worries man. It's healthy to discuss and criticize :)

:D
deejayspinda 8:48 PM - 16 October, 2015
I know you don't usually do this Serato, but delete my posts if you can. They contain impolite, vulgar, and inflammatory content.

Definitely has to break numerous community rules.

Please and thank you ;)
deejayspinda 8:49 PM - 16 October, 2015
Sincerely, we have kids reading this site.
deejayspinda 8:50 PM - 16 October, 2015
Thank you!!
deejayspinda 8:55 PM - 16 October, 2015
Even better if you could delete this whole thread I think it would be highly appropriate for your younger readers.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 9:37 PM - 16 October, 2015
Quote:
I know you don't usually do this Serato, but delete my posts if you can. They contain impolite, vulgar, and inflammatory content.

Definitely has to break numerous community rules.

Please and thank you ;)

If you want me to delete this thread, I'll need you to name names, then we'll discuss.
deejayspinda 9:42 PM - 16 October, 2015
Your choice I think all the vulgar content she be cleaned up period on this site due to the nature of DVS and how crucial support is etc my kids will have to come here in a few years and have to read this forum. Kids are already up here reading it. If you don't want to remove it it's fine I knew there was no deleting before I posted. But It's a support forum for a retail product.
deejayspinda 9:45 PM - 16 October, 2015
Are you a moderator etc on this site Johnny?
DJ_X_Trodinaire 9:47 PM - 16 October, 2015
IBTL
deejayspinda 9:51 PM - 16 October, 2015
It's a support forum for a retail product. Not appropriate. Bottom line.
deejayspinda 10:00 PM - 16 October, 2015
Should I contact Serato by phone regarding this issue which is the faster way for me to speak to them?
deejayspinda 10:01 PM - 16 October, 2015
Are there any live forum moderators? I don't have much experience with forums.
Logisticalstyles 10:03 PM - 16 October, 2015
Quote:

No, this is the General DJing discussion forum. All of the support forums are clearly labeled with the word Help.

Are you suddenly afraid that you've said too much and are now fearing those "repercussions" you spoke of earlier?
Gio Alex 10:05 PM - 16 October, 2015
Quote:
If you want me to delete this thread, I'll need you to name names, then we'll discuss.

Hahaha nice try.
deejayspinda 10:08 PM - 16 October, 2015
If I was worried about repercussions I wouldn't have posted in the first place but the language is terrible now that I look through it.

I genuinely am thinking about my own kids and the couple up here I've seen posting that look like pre teens etc.
deejayspinda 10:09 PM - 16 October, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

Hahaha nice try.

Ok so that was a joke, no worries I have no problem calling them.
deejayspinda 10:10 PM - 16 October, 2015
Because this forum is not appropriate for ALL the consumers that they are supplying to.
deejayspinda 10:13 PM - 16 October, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

No, this is the General DJing discussion forum. All of the support forums are clearly labeled with the word Help.

Are you suddenly afraid that you've said too much and are now fearing those "repercussions" you spoke of earlier?

And really, would you want your kids to be reading this filth up here?
deejayspinda 10:13 PM - 16 October, 2015
Not me man.
deejayspinda 10:18 PM - 16 October, 2015
Ok, got it. I'll be calling new zealand on monday.

Thanks for your help guys you obviously aren't parents.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 10:28 PM - 16 October, 2015
Quote:
Are you a moderator etc on this site Johnny?

I depends on how much info you're willing to give up...
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 10:30 PM - 16 October, 2015
Quote:
If I was worried about repercussions I wouldn't have posted in the first place but the language is terrible now that I look through it.

I genuinely am thinking about my own kids and the couple up here I've seen posting that look like pre teens etc.

If you're serious, you can easily rectify that by apologizing for using the language you did in this thread....

We will take that into consideration while reviewing your request to removed the thread...

Stay tuned....
deejayspinda 11:06 PM - 16 October, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

If you're serious, you can easily rectify that by apologizing for using the language you did in this thread....

We will take that into consideration while reviewing your request to removed the thread...

Stay tuned....

There is a large consumer base of 12-14 year old's who's PARENTS purchase Serato products Johnny.

I'll be calling head office on monday because they will be the ones to care the most about this issue. Always the way in corporate with the founding office and I anticipate when I direct them to some of these posts they will be happy to remove them. They know who their consumers are.
deejayspinda 11:11 PM - 16 October, 2015
You've got x rated avatars up here as well this is a retail product's support site and it seems to have NO moderation, I actually thought I would be censored or booted 100 posts ago.
deejayspinda 11:16 PM - 16 October, 2015
I'll make sure to direct them to your blackmailing posts as well, to remove explicit content for children.

Your the bully that lives here indefinitely when my son comes here one day you'll be the first to break his chops just like you were the first to reply to my first post and obviously the one tracking this discussion for 3 years.
deejayspinda 11:33 PM - 16 October, 2015
I really should have asked you for some pointers when I came in here because looking at most of the threads up here your the GMT - Grand Master Troll. The G.O.A.T greatest of all time bully on the serato support forums. Or am I wrong?

Lord help me If I had to be arguing with DJ's every day I don't know how you do it.
deejayspinda 11:50 PM - 16 October, 2015
Are you in the 12-14 year old age group Johnny? ;)
DJ_X_Trodinaire 12:17 AM - 17 October, 2015
damn do you have a job? you have been babbling all day :)
d:raf 12:56 AM - 17 October, 2015
I'm thinking that the board's previous PPH (posts per hour) record has been shattered. Congratulations! That's no easy feat!

Now, simply submit to the standard mandatory screening for performance-enhancing drugs. Once the results come back negative, your title will be shipped to you.
Thundercat 1:13 AM - 17 October, 2015
I just stopped in to see what the post count was all about. Now I'm going to have to go back and read through this. I am intrigued!
deejayspinda 1:42 AM - 17 October, 2015
Quote:

My employees do. Are you looking for one?
DJ_X_Trodinaire 1:45 AM - 17 October, 2015
Nah i wouldn't work for you just the way you talk on here :)
deejayspinda 1:46 AM - 17 October, 2015
Quote:
I'm thinking that the board's previous PPH (posts per hour) record has been shattered. Congratulations! That's no easy feat!

Now, simply submit to the standard mandatory screening for performance-enhancing drugs. Once the results come back negative, your title will be shipped to you.

You think that's impressive, you should see me when I'm REALLY passionate about something.
deejayspinda 1:48 AM - 17 October, 2015
Quote:
Nah i wouldn't work for you just the way you talk on here :)

Ditto.
deejayspinda 1:52 AM - 17 October, 2015
Quote:

You don't have to worry I'm past the point of boredom on this thing. Another thing I don't understand how you guys do it.

Do you have a girlfriend or a wife? Because damn you guys are on here every day and every night for YEARS.
deejayspinda 1:54 AM - 17 October, 2015
It's Friday night. Go outside and get some fresh air.
Thundercat 1:55 AM - 17 October, 2015
Done reading. Anonymous butthurts. Got it. Carry on

images.summitpost.org
DJ_X_Trodinaire 2:14 AM - 17 October, 2015
Maybe if we stop typing.... he will?
deejayspinda 2:21 AM - 17 October, 2015
Quote:

Doesn't matter to me, the only thing left on my agenda regarding this place is speaking to serato head office on monday.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 4:18 AM - 17 October, 2015
Here's a thought, hit the REPORT button Einstein. Lmao @ your Extreme Butthurt condition.

Preparation H maybe?

Chinx is the resident hemorrhoid expert here.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 4:23 AM - 17 October, 2015
Quote:
Lord help me If I had to be arguing with DJ's every day I don't know how you do it.

*****Blank stare*****
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 4:28 AM - 17 October, 2015
You know what?

I'm gonna do you a solid...

I'll lock this thread so that NOBODY ELSE can post in it EXCEPT YOU?

How does that grab you?

Done....
deejayspinda 4:50 AM - 17 October, 2015
Quote:
Here's a thought, hit the REPORT button Einstein. Lmao @ your Extreme Butthurt condition.

Preparation H maybe?

You want me to hit the report button on 400 posts in this forum then spend a year going through 25,000 pages to clean up this site? I don't work for Serato Einstein.
deejayspinda 4:52 AM - 17 October, 2015
Quote:

Preparation H maybe?

Butt hurt? Do you think I actually suffered any discomfort by being here I haven't laughed so hard in a long time!
deejayspinda 4:56 AM - 17 October, 2015
Sadistic narcissistic bullying DJ's are one of my biggest pet peeves and it's an absolute pleasure believe me. I'm finding it very therapeutic.
deejayspinda 4:58 AM - 17 October, 2015
For the amount of bullying I've seen you do so far on this site to absolutely everyone (and we can't forget it's quite a few years worth) It's my pleasure to give you some back my bruh.
deejayspinda 5:01 AM - 17 October, 2015
Quote:
You know what?

How does that grab you?

Done....

Your such a witty and intellectual cat aren't you, living a miserable existence doing what I did in the past few days EVERY DAY OF YOUR LIFE because it makes you feel better about yourself to put other people down. I said it before I love bullies like you.
deejayspinda 5:02 AM - 17 October, 2015
C'mon Johnny, harass me some more you know it gives you extreme pleasure.
deejayspinda 5:04 AM - 17 October, 2015
For you Bruh:

images.summitpost.org
deejayspinda 5:22 AM - 17 October, 2015
If I didn't have so many complaints regarding the DMC from people I wouldn't even have come here. It's something my kids would do I don't look at this as a productive way of life. Sorry bruh.

But for sadistic narcissistic DJ's who want to harass everyone just for shear pleasure, It's my pleasure as well...
deejayspinda 5:23 AM - 17 October, 2015
C'mon where's the big bad bully? I guess your harassing someone else right now huh Johnny.
deejayspinda 5:25 AM - 17 October, 2015
Butt hurt effects multitasking doesn't it?
deejayspinda 5:31 AM - 17 October, 2015
I came here portraying an asshole to get a point across, you do this asshole shtick every day!
deejayspinda 5:34 AM - 17 October, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

*****Blank stare*****

Your posts show dates and times and the AMOUNT you LIVE up here, putting people down and it looks like you really enjoy yourself. As I said I don't know how you do it but for you it's the norm thus the blank stare.
deejayspinda 5:38 AM - 17 October, 2015
Quote:
You know what?

How does that grab you?

Done....

I'm gonna do you a solid and send you an escort to be a pretend girlfriend for a night so you can chill yourself and we can lower the level of harassment from you on this forum for at least a few hours. I really think it'll be healthy for you bruh.
deejayspinda 5:41 AM - 17 October, 2015
Quote:
I came here portraying an asshole to get a point across, you do this asshole shtick every day!

Although, you have the role down.
DJ Alkemy 8:58 AM - 17 October, 2015
Someone take his batteries out
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 11:19 AM - 17 October, 2015
Ok, that's it...

Thread locked....

Nobody else can respond here EXCEPT YOU.....

Enjoy talking to yourself.....
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 11:20 AM - 17 October, 2015
Quote:
For you Bruh:

images.summitpost.org

I don't click on links.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 11:21 AM - 17 October, 2015
Quote:
I said it before I love bullies like you.

This is actually funny....

If you ask (even though they can't respond), you'll see that I'm HARDLY bullying you....lmao...

I'm going out of my way to be extra nice....

Kinda highlights how much of a Q-Tip you are...
deejayspinda 12:49 PM - 17 October, 2015
Quote:
Someone take his batteries out

Someone get this guy some knee pads to better facilitate his kissing of vekked's ass.
deejayspinda 12:51 PM - 17 October, 2015
Quote:
Ok, that's it...

Thread locked....

Nobody else can respond here EXCEPT YOU.....

Enjoy talking to yourself.....

This is the most excitement you guys have had in eons you know you don't want that.
deejayspinda 12:53 PM - 17 October, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
For you Bruh:

images.summitpost.org

I don't click on links.

......Blank stare.......
deejayspinda 12:54 PM - 17 October, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
I said it before I love bullies like you.

This is actually funny....

If you ask (even though they can't respond), you'll see that I'm HARDLY bullying you....lmao...

I'm going out of my way to be extra nice....

Kinda highlights how much of a Q-Tip you are...

Um..If you read I was talking about the treatment of others.
deejayspinda 12:55 PM - 17 October, 2015
Well with as little experience I have living on forums I think I'm starting to get the hang of it. Thanks guys!
deejayspinda 12:58 PM - 17 October, 2015
No surprised your here first thing bright and early ;)

Do you guys just put the pillow on your laptop for a quick power nap or what?
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 1:07 PM - 17 October, 2015
LOL, I've locked the thread... nobody will be talking to you...
deejayspinda 1:14 PM - 17 October, 2015
Quote:
LOL, I've locked the thread... nobody will be talking to you...

And for some secret, wrapped up in a mystery, wrapped up in an enigma reason,

You actually think that's what I need or something. That's a "forum hermit's" mentality bruh.
deejayspinda 1:17 PM - 17 October, 2015
Forum Hermit: a new internet slang term (by yours truly) to add to your glossary of internet terms, lord knows you've spent a great portion of your lives learning every acronym possible.
deejayspinda 1:19 PM - 17 October, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
You know what?

How does that grab you?

Done....

I'm gonna do you a solid and send you an escort to be a pretend girlfriend for a night so you can chill yourself and we can lower the level of harassment from you on this forum for at least a few hours. I really think it'll be healthy for you bruh.

I was serious about the escort Johnny, let me know if you want me to call your local service and send one over bruh.
deejayspinda 1:25 PM - 17 October, 2015
Quote:
You know what?

How does that grab you?

Done....

I forgot to mention, I guess that means something in the states, where I come from doing someone a solid is giving them a stool sample.
deejayspinda 1:33 PM - 17 October, 2015
Quote:
I forgot to mention, I guess that means something in the states, where I come from doing someone a solid is giving them a stool sample.

If that's what you mean, thank you for the gift although re-wrap it and re-gift it to Alkemy for me, with a bow. Thanks.
deejayspinda 1:35 PM - 17 October, 2015
Wow! This is getting fun! Maybe I can understand why you like it so much after all ;)
deejayspinda 1:36 PM - 17 October, 2015
Quote:
If that's what you mean, thank you for the gift although re-wrap it and re-gift it to Alkemy for me, with a bow. Thanks.

I liked you for about 10 minutes Alkemy, shame.
deejayspinda 1:42 PM - 17 October, 2015
Jokes aside, I hope that I'm making you guys have a chuckle...I'm not really seriously trying to insult so hopefully us messaging is breaking up the monotony for you guys at least. ;)
deejayspinda 4:49 PM - 17 October, 2015
Aww guess that takes the fun out of it huh. Haha
Gio Alex 8:47 PM - 19 October, 2015
Quote:

That didn't work before because he spent a whole weekend having a one way convo, so yeah..
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 11:50 PM - 19 October, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

That didn't work before because he spent a whole weekend having a one way convo, so yeah..

How did you get in here? I locked the thread, and only HE could post in here for the last 2 days....
Gio Alex 3:35 PM - 20 October, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

How did you get in here? I locked the thread, and only HE could post in here for the last 2 days....

You forget that I too am a MOD in here.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 4:15 PM - 20 October, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Man, they just be giving the keys to anybody these days....
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 6:36 PM - 20 October, 2015
BTW...

May we have a "Moment Of Silence" for the enigma formally known as deejayspinda...

Looks like he made that call to HQ....
Gio Alex 10:04 PM - 20 October, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Man, they just be giving the keys to anybody these days....

Ever since they discontinued support for SSL lol
AlphaCue 11:16 AM - 16 November, 2015
This was an interesting read. Does anyone here other than djalkemy think this year was the right choice? I think this year was the worst out of all of them.
Castle Blood 4:23 PM - 31 December, 2015
sloppy, hard to listen to set...but dope.
there were few if any "wow that was amazing". one part of the drum scratches were nice and had the potential to go further but he ended it too quickly for my liking.

btw i have never like to style of most DMC set from Japan.
while technically amazing, they tend to be too frantic, fast and not musical for my liking.
AlphaCue 7:48 AM - 21 January, 2016
DMC is a joke now... Vekked winning world speaks volumes on how low this organization has sunk.
Djspindareturns 2:29 PM - 24 April, 2016
Couldn't have said it better myself.
DJ GaFFle 1:38 PM - 26 April, 2016
Quote:
DMC is a joke now... Vekked winning world speaks volumes on how low this organization has sunk.

Man, I don't agree. This Vekked set is one of the dopest DJ routines I've ever seen. Dude is dope: Watchwww.youtube.com

... Granted, it's not like the days of old where you didn't have all the digital advantages but he's very creative.

Now that DJ Fly victory a few years back... THAT was a DMC joke.
DJ Reflex 11:30 PM - 27 April, 2016
This ^^ is a great example of how all the new technology is actually ADDING to the creative aspect of DJing!
nik39 11:31 AM - 28 April, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

Man, I don't agree. This Vekked set is one of the dopest DJ routines I've ever seen. Dude is dope: Watchwww.youtube.com

... Granted, it's not like the days of old where you didn't have all the digital advantages but he's very creative.

+1
DJ Alkemy 1:47 AM - 1 May, 2016
Quote:

Vekked is a beast. That set was great. His set is NOT why I said the DMC's were a crock. Just making that clear.
SpareChange 2:31 AM - 1 May, 2016
I'll voice one recent gripe I have had with DMC battles. I don't know how anyone else feels about it but it has to do with recycling routines. Just my personal opinion but I think it's ok to recycle old routines if it's for a different battle like use a routine you used in DMC in Redbull or reuse the routine you used at the regional for the national or world finals. I've re-used routines from Scribble Jam in DMC or guitar center or other battles but I kind of feel that once I've presented it at a national final that I should retire it from using it again in the same battle.

The past few years at the regional level of DMC I have witnessed myself and heard from other djs that more and more people who made the us finals the previous year are winning re-using big chunks of or their whole us finals routine from the year before at the regionals. I've competed the last 4 years and have put together totally different sets with new material at every one. I think it's kind of lazy if you're going to compete back to back years in the same battle to not at least make the majority of your set new material. Maybe I'm wrong on this and maybe I should just follow the trend but to me it makes the battles less interesting.
MPC O.G. 5:07 AM - 1 May, 2016
STILL haven't seen Precision set.........
Vekked 10:06 AM - 1 May, 2016
Quote:
I'll voice one recent gripe I have had with DMC battles. I don't know how anyone else feels about it but it has to do with recycling routines. Just my personal opinion but I think it's ok to recycle old routines if it's for a different battle like use a routine you used in DMC in Redbull or reuse the routine you used at the regional for the national or world finals. I've re-used routines from Scribble Jam in DMC or guitar center or other battles but I kind of feel that once I've presented it at a national final that I should retire it from using it again in the same battle.

The past few years at the regional level of DMC I have witnessed myself and heard from other djs that more and more people who made the us finals the previous year are winning re-using big chunks of or their whole us finals routine from the year before at the regionals. I've competed the last 4 years and have put together totally different sets with new material at every one. I think it's kind of lazy if you're going to compete back to back years in the same battle to not at least make the majority of your set new material. Maybe I'm wrong on this and maybe I should just follow the trend but to me it makes the battles less interesting.

You're right, and people can recycle old routines year after year if they want... they're just not going to do well lol.
Vekked 10:11 AM - 1 May, 2016
Thanks Gaffle/Alkemy, appreciate the kind words :)
SpareChange 3:07 PM - 1 May, 2016
Quote:
You're right, and people can recycle old routines year after year if they want... they're just not going to do well lol.

IDK they've been winning regionals with them the lately, most judges at the regional levels don't keep up with the DMCs anyways and have no clue and I can think of an example where one won the us finals
Vekked 7:49 AM - 2 May, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

IDK they've been winning regionals with them the lately, most judges at the regional levels don't keep up with the DMCs anyways and have no clue and I can think of an example where one won the us finals

Yea they might take a regional but that's about it. Precision won 07 US finals with his 06 routine but that's a diff story.
Djspindareturns 10:54 AM - 27 May, 2016
LOL the same 3 people saying the same bollox. I'm happy that it's so self evident now and anyone can see what a joke DMC and it's so called "champions" are.

If you travel like I do and mention the DMC to people they all say the same thing "DMC is going downhill" .

Oh and SpareChange, stop believing your routines have anything to do with anything. The DMC is not a real competition for TURNTABLISM, it's a POPULARITY & POSTERCHILD CONTEST.

As I said before in this thread get your chapstick out and start kissing ass from your local organizer to HQ and make sure your local organizer picks you as the favorite every year and tells the judges the same thing. They're all friends in their towns and this idea of a favorite is perpetuated constantly between them. This will ensure you multiple title shots and even if your routine is elementary they'll finally say " Awww he's been trying for a long time let's just give it to him this year even if there are much better routines. Your routine doesn't give you a chance no matter how good it is, don't you get it by now looking at the past few years winners?

Where have you EVER seen a competition of any kind where the winners are determined by the amount of fluffing they've done and not skill??? WHERE? Nowhere but the DMC. It's shameful, really.
Djspindareturns 1:38 PM - 27 May, 2016
On another note here's a SNEAK PREVIEW of this years winner see the exclusive video:

Watchvimeo.com
CMOS 3:10 PM - 27 May, 2016
Mr. Goodkat 7:14 PM - 27 May, 2016
Quote:
LOL the same 3 people saying the same bollox. I'm happy that it's so self evident now and anyone can see what a joke DMC and it's so called "champions" are.

If you travel like I do and mention the DMC to people they all say the same thing "DMC is going downhill" .

Oh and SpareChange, stop believing your routines have anything to do with anything. The DMC is not a real competition for TURNTABLISM, it's a POPULARITY & POSTERCHILD CONTEST.

As I said before in this thread get your chapstick out and start kissing ass from your local organizer to HQ and make sure your local organizer picks you as the favorite every year and tells the judges the same thing. They're all friends in their towns and this idea of a favorite is perpetuated constantly between them. This will ensure you multiple title shots and even if your routine is elementary they'll finally say " Awww he's been trying for a long time let's just give it to him this year even if there are much better routines. Your routine doesn't give you a chance no matter how good it is, don't you get it by now looking at the past few years winners?

Where have you EVER seen a competition of any kind where the winners are determined by the amount of fluffing they've done and not skill??? WHERE? Nowhere but the DMC. It's shameful, really.

cant you enter online? cant you go to different cities to enter competitions?

im not saying things, IN ANY COMPETITION, that are judges instead of have a quantifiable scoring system(even those can be questioned by the refereeing in the contest) can be slanted, but saying the same thing over and over looks bitter.

if you have some insane skills ala vekkid, show them online. use whatever you used to make these posts, to make videos to show people. this is a new world, things have changed, up your game and quit crying about DMC comps on a Serato board. This is really not gonna get you the shine you need, UNLESS you post some vids or mixes.

the internet is free, you dont need new clothes or a 100$ haircut to succeed. but you sure arent going anywhere bitching about it to a bunch of experienced djs that knows what it takes and have seen heard these same arguments for years.
Vekked 1:27 AM - 29 May, 2016
Quote:
As I said before in this thread get your chapstick out and start kissing ass from your local organizer to HQ and make sure your local organizer picks you as the favorite every year and tells the judges the same thing. They're all friends in their towns and this idea of a favorite is perpetuated constantly between them.

I got stripped of my Canadian DMC title the first year after I won because I had a falling out with the organizer and other people in the scene, and it wasn't until after I got a million views organically on youtube that I finally won DMC World... sooo, no, this isn't how it happens. I'm too busy practicing to try and work my way up any sort of political chain.
Djspindareturns 9:09 AM - 29 May, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
As I said before in this thread get your chapstick out and start kissing ass from your local organizer to HQ and make sure your local organizer picks you as the favorite every year and tells the judges the same thing. They're all friends in their towns and this idea of a favorite is perpetuated constantly between them.

I got stripped of my Canadian DMC title the first year after I won because I had a falling out with the organizer and other people in the scene, and it wasn't until after I got a million views organically on youtube that I finally won DMC World... sooo, no, this isn't how it happens. I'm too busy practicing to try and work my way up any sort of political chain.

Where have you ever seen after you win a competition you have to keep it cool with the organizers after or they'll strip your title? ONLY DMC.

Where have you ever seen a competition where you have to have a million "youtube" views before your taken seriously by the organization? ONLY DMC

Rise up DJ's and get angry that's what you need to do. Force these imbeciles to bring it back to what it was originally intended to be A COMPETITION.

Think about all your years and hours of practice, and how you should have spent more time making yourself an "internet persona" instead...if that doesn't make you upset and you don't become an advocate for justice on this matter you have NO SELF RESPECT!
Djspindareturns 9:33 AM - 29 May, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

cant you enter online? cant you go to different cities to enter competitions?

im not saying things, IN ANY COMPETITION, that are judges instead of have a quantifiable scoring system(even those can be questioned by the refereeing in the contest) can be slanted, but saying the same thing over and over looks bitter.

if you have some insane skills ala vekkid, show them online. use whatever you used to make these posts, to make videos to show people. this is a new world, things have changed, up your game and quit crying about DMC comps on a Serato board. This is really not gonna get you the shine you need, UNLESS you post some vids or mixes.

the internet is free, you dont need new clothes or a 100$ haircut to succeed. but you sure arent going anywhere bitching about it to a bunch of experienced djs that knows what it takes and have seen heard these same arguments for years.

Another all knowing ORACLE who's extra sensory perception is off or can't read all I've been saying is if you have INSANE SKILLS it's a Waste O' Time. You need to master the Autobahn Schmooze (delayed click schmooze with a dash of flair and I mean flair not flare) And most of all get POPULAR, real popular.
Mr. Goodkat 7:45 PM - 29 May, 2016
Quote:
Another all knowing ORACLE who's extra sensory perception is off or can't read all I've been saying is if you have INSANE SKILLS it's a Waste O' Time. You need to master the Autobahn Schmooze (delayed click schmooze with a dash of flair and I mean flair not flare) And most of all get POPULAR, real popular.

im saying if you make some free videos on free sites. that makes it free? everyone has a computer or phone with a camera.

if you are getting views then maybe, im not saying its gonna happen 100%, you might have a better shot.

having a negative attitude and then doing nothing about you're situation is kinda pointless. no one has ever risen to the top of anything like that.

invest in some facebook ads to get your content played or do something, even if it costs money. invest in your future or find a sugar daddy or something. BUT STOP WHINING NOBODY LIKES A WHINER/CRYBABY.
Djspindareturns 9:04 PM - 1 June, 2016
NO ONE LIKES A CORRUPT CONTEST ALL KNOWING ORACLE. DIRECT ME TO THE FREE INTERNET IMBECILE.
Mr. Goodkat 9:45 PM - 1 June, 2016
phone/recording device/whatever you are posting on + youtube/soundcloud/mixcloud/hearthis/etc + you mixing or scratching = free as it gets.

do you just expect to be a complete badass and everyone bow down to you?

no one is an oracle, you are just being a weirdo about this.
Dj-M.Bezzle 9:46 PM - 1 June, 2016
Quote:
NO ONE LIKES A CORRUPT CONTEST ALL KNOWING ORACLE. DIRECT ME TO THE FREE INTERNET IMBECILE.

static5.businessinsider.com
Djspindareturns 6:21 AM - 5 June, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

static5.businessinsider.com

Thanks Imbecile.
MixBliss 4:27 AM - 21 August, 2016
What a great read this was, saw this and had to post myself I'm glad finally people are talking about this openly now when it was always an open secret. I've also had my own experiences with the DMC that are pretty bad.

It is true that the DMC cheats many DJ's out of a real opportunity to win anything unless they kiss ass for a good amount of years with HQ and local I completely agree with that. Anyone can see the last winner was the CLEAREST example of this for anyone involved with the organization like I am this is common knowledge.

I agree with some of the other comments the DMC is a popularity contest not a DJ contest that cares nothing about how much time you put into your skills it's sad.
Seratoaddict 3:22 PM - 21 August, 2016
Quote:
What a great read this was, saw this and had to post myself I'm glad finally people are talking about this openly now when it was always an open secret. I've also had my own experiences with the DMC that are pretty bad.

It is true that the DMC cheats many DJ's out of a real opportunity to win anything unless they kiss ass for a good amount of years with HQ and local I completely agree with that. Anyone can see the last winner was the CLEAREST example of this for anyone involved with the organization like I am this is common knowledge.

I agree with some of the other comments the DMC is a popularity contest not a DJ contest that cares nothing about how much time you put into your skills it's sad.

The worst was 2012 in my opinion. I liked last years ok the year before that i'm still undecided...
AKIEM 3:51 PM - 21 August, 2016
Society is based on kissing gate keeper ass. Skill will only take part way, and sometimes not required at all.
Seratoaddict 4:12 PM - 21 August, 2016
Quote:
Society is based on kissing gate keeper ass. Skill will only take part way, and sometimes not required at all.

So true.
MixBliss 5:20 AM - 22 September, 2016
It's happening again!!! The guy at DMC Canada just made it so another friend of his won. UNBELIEVABLE CORRUPTION check it out for yourself. I already saw the signs of this happening and it did. Disgusting.
DJbahrain 6:45 AM - 22 September, 2016
This is happening many years now nothing new in the U.S this was happening over 10 years ago.

Dmc is a joke most people know that maybe you are just learning this.

Greets from Bahrain
BDKAY 11:06 AM - 13 October, 2016
Looks like this thread is going to be applicable for a long time...

This years winner?!? youtu.be
Castle Blood 7:10 PM - 30 November, 2017
the first 25 secs was just track playing that wasn't special.
he can juggle but not very much in the scratch category.

i have been watching dmc for over 20 years. things have changed a lot not saying it's a bad thing...wish they would separate scratching and juggling like ITF. although, now we have controllerism to add.
HK1200 6:29 AM - 1 December, 2017
I miss the times when DMC style battles were entertaining both to listen to as well as to watch. Scratching, juggling, wordplay, funkiness, etc. You didn't even necessarily need to watch the routine to appreciate how it sounded. At some point though it became a lot more about the display of technical ability rather than producing an end product which was audibly appealing to the listener. Much respect nonetheless though, because there are a lot of cats out there with some ridiculous technical skills.