Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

Problems re-analysing all my files using Scratch Live 2.4.3

Product
Scratch Live
Version
Hardware
Rane SL1
Computer
Mac
OS
Platform
-
Deejay Steve 8:51 AM - 3 October, 2012
I am in the middle of trying your latest version of Scratch Live by upgrading from version 1.9.2
I am running an i7 laptop which scans 8 files at the same time and after leaving it on all night to scan over 50k files I was surprised to find it hadn't finished the scan an was only scanning 2 files at a time. I have restarted the scan and about 1000 files into the scan one of the cores are not scanning, just seems to have frozen on one particular file. If I let it continue scanning more cores will freeze randomly. If I restart the scan and choose the file that had frozen on scan it will instantly scan with no problems.
Rane, Support
Zach S 5:46 PM - 3 October, 2012
Hey Steve,

Try rebuilding your databaseV2 file(s) --> serato.com
Once done, try analyzing your library.
If it hangs on a file read this article and follow the suggestions --> serato.com

Let us know how you get along:)
Rane, Support
RafaelM 5:46 PM - 3 October, 2012
Also, if you still seem to have the issue -- try scanning smaller chunks at once and see if it responds better.
Deejay Steve 1:59 PM - 4 October, 2012
Cheers guys will have a go over the weekend. Have noticed a large amount of broken files which weren't broken before, very strange
Rane, Support
Zach S 4:06 PM - 4 October, 2012
Quote:
Have noticed a large amount of broken files which weren't broken before, very strange

Are they video files?
Deejay Steve 2:59 AM - 5 October, 2012
Yes they are video files, a lot of ambient videos and about 10 normal videos which were fine before
Rane, Support
Zach S 4:40 PM - 5 October, 2012
Serato just told us this is a new bug in 2.4.3.
Revert back to 2.4.2 for now.
Deejay Steve 3:53 PM - 6 October, 2012
OK thanks