Serato Video General Discussion

Talk about Serato Video and Video-SL.

MacBook Pro DVI output problem

blackwatch 4:31 AM - 8 April, 2008
Anytime I connect the DVI to VGA output on the Mackbook Pro the machine freezes up and either goes to a blue screen until DVI is unplugged or just locks up. I tried resetting PRAM with no luck. This is something that was working fine previously and the Mac is brand new. Any suggestions?
DJ-Phat-AL 6:52 AM - 8 April, 2008
hmmm... not being ass.. just wanna say hmmmm.. from a pc user.

just bought a mac because of the f-in hype around the stability.

hmmmm...

wish I could help you out with some advice but I am not a mac guy from my roots.
DVDJ ©RUSH 11:52 AM - 8 April, 2008
applecare
Charlie Five 2:29 PM - 8 April, 2008
Bring it to the Genius Bar at the Apple Store and duplicate the problem with one of the associates. I've never heard or see of your problem but I'm sure your still under your warranty (1 year). Applecare will extended that to 3 if you want it.
Dj_KaGeN 3:42 PM - 8 April, 2008
I'm about to plug that adapter in tonight and test it at my residency... now I'm scared.
Charlie Five 3:49 PM - 8 April, 2008
Kagen :: It works fine on my machine.
Dj_KaGeN 4:18 PM - 8 April, 2008
LOL... I knew someone would chime in the positive...

I'm always sketchin. Every now and again, VSL flops over dead.
cappinkirk 8:49 PM - 8 April, 2008
when i use the dvi out on my imac at home it works great (through my projector) but when I run it to s-video out into an LCD bigscreen tv i noticed some weird problems. ..white bars on the side sometimes and sometimes the image would freeze but if i clicked "fullscreen" twice they would go awa for a while. I had to put the performance on middle to get it to work well but at home I run at at 100%

other than that mine is good too.
DJ Sterling 5:28 PM - 23 April, 2008
Quote:
... now I'm scared.

too funny.....
ralph 4:33 PM - 29 April, 2008
Quote:
Anytime I connect the DVI to VGA output on the Mackbook Pro the machine freezes up and either goes to a blue screen until DVI is unplugged or just locks up. I tried resetting PRAM with no luck. This is something that was working fine previously and the Mac is brand new. Any suggestions?

Do you plug in your dvi when your mac is already on? I heard from a mac guy that your supposed to plugin the dvi before you turn your laptop on. Worked for me.
matt212 8:46 PM - 30 April, 2008
Quote:
when i use the dvi out on my imac at home it works great (through my projector) but when I run it to s-video out into an LCD bigscreen tv i noticed some weird problems. ..white bars on the side sometimes and sometimes the image would freeze but if i clicked "fullscreen" twice they would go awa for a while. I had to put the performance on middle to get it to work well but at home I run at at 100%

other than that mine is good too.

I've seen those white bars on the side before, but that was because the video was formatted in a weird W x H ratio aspect. You might want to check that out on the videos that shows them bars.