Serato Software Feature Suggestions

What features would you like to see in Serato software?

Auto mode change on error

davetrax 2:00 PM - 7 April, 2008
I played in amsterdam satureday night and due to a dogey cable on the turntable something that didnt come in to play until 30 mins into my set.The sound mashed up it was VERY emarrassing.As well as the few hundred in the club the event was streamed over the net to a further few hundred. After this happened i couldnt rely on it not happening again so ended up djing with another guys records. Which was a real shame as i had a lot of exclusive stuff i wanted o play.This is the third time during two years that this has appened and the last time i evere want it to.

My suggestion is this. When playing in rel mode if the connection is broken in anyway(the cicles on the set up page would pick this up straight away)either through a dodgey cable of feedback from the monitor could sereto please automatcily flick to internel mode(ould have an option to turn this on or off.)If this happened maybe an ! could appear over the deck playing that way the dj would know there is a problem and he would have the rest of the record playing and the next to sort it out. This way the crowd would even know there was a problem.

Please let me know if this is possible. Persoanlly i never want want happened satureday to happen again and so am going back to vinyl and cds if im playing out until a feature like this exists(not a threat btw just cant risk it.) I really hope serato takes up this suggestion.
DJNelson 4:53 PM - 7 April, 2008
could you not have just hit F3/F6 at the gig and gone to internal?

If it was a problem with the turntable how did you manage to use his records?
nik39 9:41 AM - 8 April, 2008
Quote:
My suggestion is this.

...and has been posted multiple times. The search field is your friend :)
davetrax 2:34 PM - 8 April, 2008
Quote:
could you not have just hit F3/F6 at the gig and gone to internal?

If it was a problem with the turntable how did you manage to use his records?

I didnt know about hitting f6. Wouldnt that then playing the record from the start and the pitch chance to 0. If it wouldnt then thats a great tip thanks.

With regards to why the records were fine i guess the level of interference was enough to disrupt the signal via the needle but not to much to play a record.

Sorry i didnt see this suggestion i did a searc but it was difficault to know what to search for. DJ Nelsons suggestion is a good one(if the track doesnt auto play from the start and at 0)however it will still mean the audience heard the malfunction which sounded really bad before id have a chance to click the button rather than if it was automatic it would be almost unnoticible to them.

If other people have suggested is it something serato feel they could intergrate
DJNelson 6:09 PM - 8 April, 2008
once you switch to internal it copies the current bpm and position so you're sorted. It's still a glitch for the audience to recognise but only a minor one.

The F1-6 buttons switch between abs, rel and int modes for both decks. Worth getting acquainted with the internal mode, good for when the unthinkable happens and the decks don't work for anyone!
davetrax 2:59 AM - 9 April, 2008
Thanks For the advice i will definatly get aquainted with this.But please serato make the feature as things shouldnt have to go wrong and then be corrected when this could be avoided(dont you think ;)

You never know what a club set up will be id just flown from one place to another it wasnt possible to get there and set up before when i got there there was no where close to the decks to put the lappy so it ended up right behind me . Which ment when the problem happened it wasnt something i could sort out as quick as at home. plus when you djing and something like that happens panic and embarresment sets in and your not thinking straight.
cappinkirk 7:33 PM - 9 April, 2008
what if it did this the way you describe...and you didn't know it switched to internal ha

then you would still be mixing with the pitch like wtf