Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

Can serato build the full waveform while playing without pre-analyzing?

Product
Scratch Live
Version
Hardware
Rane SL1
Computer
PC
OS
Platform
-
JC Hanna 4:37 PM - 26 September, 2012
I've seen a friend do this and i'm not sure what i need to change as far as my settings go, but i would like to be able to play a track that is not analyzed and just have serato analyze and build the waveform as i pull it up to play it rather than just being able to see about 10-15 seconds ahead. i've used m-audio torq for years and i always liked that it would build the entire waveform in 2-3 seconds even if it was a track i've never played before. hoping that serato can do this as i'd like to use it for weddings etc. without having to analyze my entire music collection. cheers.
Rane, Support
Chad S. 6:01 PM - 26 September, 2012
It is best that Analyze all of the files. If you don't you won't be sure that your library is clean. if it is not, it can crash at any point.

If you go into the Set-up / library tab there is an option for Auto-Fill Overviews. If a song hasn't been analyzed it will start analyzing it as it is loaded to the deck. This will help for the next time you play it but you still may be playing a file that could casue it to crash.

Always best to Analyze everything in advance.
7:00 PM, 10 Oct 2012
This help request has been closed due to inactivity.