Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

How long will a demo installation work?

Product
Serato Video
Version
Hardware
Rane SL1
Host
Scratch Live
Version
Computer
PC
OS
Platform
-
pueblofunky 7:02 AM - 25 September, 2012
Hi,

I'm interested in to use Serato Video in my resident club but I've to test it before I buy it.

We have 3 TV's in my resident club and I've to check the cables, go to the club (normally one time per month) and test it all.

Will a download and demo installation work? How long does a demo work (need time to test it)?

Is it possible to create text only which plays as video? I want to show the current artist - title - mix (with some effects maybe) of the tracks I currently play (I only play 70's & 80's so there are not much videos).

Is it possible to show artist - title - mix automatically as video (by using a template?) so I need not to type the info manually (which I did with the previous old version which I tried as demo).

Thanks a lot!
Serato, Support
Martin C 12:50 PM - 27 September, 2012
Hello pueblofunky,

The demo version not expire and is fully featured. The only limitation is the watermark on the output window.

You can create a text effect and have it display on the output window itself without any video, however there is no template feature which would enable you to show the track information automatically, so it would be a manual process if you wanted to do this.