Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

itch is not loading the song

Product
ITCH
Version
Hardware
Numark NS6
Computer
PC
OS
Platform
-
evillcrew 4:45 AM - 24 September, 2012
Hi,

I plug my system as i always do, but this time when i plug my ns6 and open itch and try to load a song, it only loads it into the track overview, but does not appear on the main wavefront display, and i try to press play in the ns6 and does not respond. i uninstall both (software and drivers) to see if that fixes the problems but nothing yet!, any help please! if you need more info let me know!!!
4:50 AM, 24 Sep 2012
evillcrew attached a file: sample.jpg
View· Permalink
evillcrew 5:02 PM - 24 September, 2012
any suggestions!!! thank you.
Numark, Support
jsanNUMARK 8:49 PM - 24 September, 2012
Does the software freeze, crash, or state "hardware disconnected"? Does the numark usb panel show a connection when this happens? If it crashes, does it crash when performing a certain task?
evillcrew 10:21 PM - 24 September, 2012
Hi Jsan,

Thanks for the reply.

No, it doesn't freeze or crash, it just doesn't respond, i can use some buttons and knobs (like the library section), but besides that nothing else works. no play, no scratching no loops etc, but in the software(itch) where the waves are supposed to show, they don't, i attach a pic, i don't know if you had a chance to see it? It loads the song into the track overview part but it doesn't into the main wavefront display. And i try to press play in the mixer but does nothing, even the sp6 has no response! let me know if you need any more information.

Thank you.
evillcrew 5:08 AM - 25 September, 2012
Im in desperate need of help, i want my demos done this week for a presentation, any help please!!! anything else you guys need to figure this out please let me know!!
Numark, Support
jsanNUMARK 1:19 PM - 25 September, 2012
If you have uninstalled the driver and software, restarted, and then installed them both again without success let try to re-flash your firmware.
dl.dropbox.com
evillcrew 3:57 PM - 25 September, 2012
Hey Jsan,

Thanks for replying, ok i will try this and let you know right back. thanks again!!!
Numark, Support
jsanNUMARK 8:56 PM - 25 September, 2012
Let me know :)
evillcrew 10:42 PM - 25 September, 2012
I will bro..thanks as soon as i get home!!!
evillcrew 6:37 AM - 26 September, 2012
Hi Jsan,

Bad news...still don't work, i did the firmware clean up and then the update, and nothing same thing, i upgrade it the itch to the 2.2.2 and still nothing, it doesn't give me any errors, it just doesn't load the waves and the controller don't respond! don't know what else to do!, if i turn the ns6 off and open itch, im able to use the player and analyze music , once i turn it on, it only loads the track to the overview display but shows nothing at the main wave display, and the play button doesn't do anything!!!

HELP!!!!
evillcrew 7:13 AM - 26 September, 2012
ok here is something else, i open virtual dj and the controller works there, but when i switch it back to itch it gives me the same problem as i explained before....let me know what you think?
Numark, Support
jsanNUMARK 1:17 PM - 26 September, 2012
Sounds like uninstalling and reinstalling Itch should do the trick then. If VDJ works correctly the hardware/firmware/driver is good to go.

Did you have another Itch controller before the NS6? Does the hardware work with a previous build?
serato.com
You will want Itch to be the only application open.
evillcrew 3:58 PM - 26 September, 2012
Hi Jsan,

I already try uninstalling and re-installing itch, and nothing. I did the same with the driver of the ns6 and nothing. No this is my first controller, i used to have regular cdj's. and yes itch and my hardware were working very well with itch 2.0, 2.2, and it was the only application open, i just try vdj because i was running out of ideas, and it worked.

So you might think it is possible that vdj, is conflicting with itch? but i just open it like two times just to test it out, and now that i think about it, the whole issue started when i try to use my hardware with vdj, you think this might be the issue? It works well on vdj, play, loops, scratching etc, but in itch is not responding.

let me know bro, by the way thanks for your patience!!
Numark, Support
jsanNUMARK 5:36 PM - 26 September, 2012
No, you can have both software on the same system without an issue. If your particular issue started with a certain version of Itch , I would revert to see if you have success with a previous version like 2.0.

Let me know.
2.Um.@.X 8:43 PM - 26 September, 2012
jsanNUMARK,

I have the same problem before with SERATO ITCH. But I did manage to work them properly.

Here's what I did:

I try using another computer if the NS6 would work without a fuss. I want to assume that there might be a hardware problem. I tested it and there was no problem.

Now, I uninstall all drivers and software for the NS6 on the computer that I had problems with working with it. Then I reinstall the drivers and the software 1-by-1. The result is the same.

Finally, I reinstall my OS on that computer, and VIOLA! (not "vaiola!") It worked!

Hope this helps an idea.

:D
evillcrew 11:09 PM - 26 September, 2012
Hello guys,

Jsan, I will try what u suggest, I'll install itch 2.0 and see what happens, I will let you know as soon as i try it!, thanks.

2.UM.@.X, thanks for your input, it sounds like that might be my last solution as well, if i can't make it work, but there is gotta be an explanation for this conflict, i never use both software at the same time, so it is really weird what it does.

thank you guys, I'll give it a try and I'll post my feedback later on today, peace!!!
evillcrew 8:43 PM - 30 September, 2012
no luck guys, don't know what else to do!!! im about to smash it...(literally of course)...any other ideas!!!
evillcrew 10:10 PM - 30 September, 2012
its like the hardware is configure for something else and itch can't seem to read it, or viceversa, any more ideas!!! i al ready uninstall vdj, and itch its the only software in my system for the ns6
2.Um.@.X 5:49 AM - 1 October, 2012
Have you tried installing it to another computer?
evillcrew 5:57 AM - 1 October, 2012
hi! 2.um.@.X

what i did was ur suggestion and guess what... it worked, now im re-installing all my software, thanks, but at least everything is working now, but i wish there was a different solution.

thanks for all the help to you and to Jsan!!! peace!!!
Numark, Support
jsanNUMARK 1:02 PM - 1 October, 2012
Glad things are working out for you. Cheers!
2:00 PM, 15 Oct 2012
This help request has been closed due to inactivity.