DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

A GUI program for Serato File management

DJ Cs 2:30 AM - 18 September, 2012
Many of us have been talking about a GUI based file management program that will let us keep our crates and subcrates updated.

I've been working on a file management program for over two years and finally ready to reveal a little bit about it.

It has the following features:

1. Add Directories by drag and drop or using a directory chooser that will go to a sync window.

2. Rename Directories in the program.

3. Copy to Device feature, allows copying the full Serato structure And Media files to an external drive.

4. Sync Feature, allows you to sync any directories on your hard drive to create crates and subcrates in Serato Itch/Intro or Scratch Live.

5. Export to CSV feature, allows exporting your full library with all relevant MP3 tag info.

6. Backup Feature, allows you to backup your current or any selected external Serato database to any location.

7. Set Columns Feature, Set the column headings in the sync program and sync it to Serato Itch/ Intro and Scratch Live to have consistent category headings throughout.

8. Find Lost Files, allows you to identify missing directories or files since the last sync.

9. Import Crate structure, allows you to import any saved Serato crate structure into the sync program to make a complete recovery or add additional crates/subcrates to your library.

10. Auto Backup of your complete Serato Database to any location.

11. Overwrite/ Append mode of syncing crates. Append will only add changed files, crates or subcrates.

12. The sync program remembers the crate structure and does a live read to find newly added files, allowing you to just open the sync program and press sync to update thousands of newly added files in any directory shown in the sync program.

Check out this excellent video review by Serato Tutor

Watchwww.youtube.com

Thanks
Dj Nyce 3:30 AM - 18 September, 2012
dope. -1 on the name tho.

feature request. i just want an auto-import feature like traktor has had since 2003 (scan music folder, add/remove/update music to serato's all folder).
WarpNote 3:46 AM - 18 September, 2012
Very nice indeed.
Here's my feature request:
Option to specify "custom" source folder synced to "custom" crate.

As SSL gets slower when adding a lot of crates, this is something I do manually on a regular basis.
I have about 220 crates, and looking to reduce the number of crates further. (used to have over 400)

EG: I have separate folders on my drive for:
- Contemporary R&B
- Neo-Soul
- Urban
but only one crate called "Contemporary R&B, Urban & Neo-Soul"

Or would I already be able to do this with the "Import Crate structure" feature?
DJ Cs 3:43 PM - 18 September, 2012
I'm not exactly sure what you mean, but you can drag and drop the Contemporary R&B directory from your hard drive into the left sync window of Alchimie Zinc. It will keep that directory when closed and then when you add more files, just open Alchimie Zinc and hit "Synchronize Crates".

This will add all the "NEW" files to the already existing Contemporary R&B crate in Serato.

You will need to make sure that the "Overwrite Crates" option is turned off in the Configuration menu, this puts it in the append mode.

Overwrite Crates is turned off by default.
DJ Cs 4:02 PM - 18 September, 2012
Quote:

feature request. i just want an auto-import feature like traktor has had since 2003 (scan music folder, add/remove/update music to serato's all folder).

Thanks.

On the name; we came up with the name Alchimie, as it refers to taking a base metal (lead) and through the Alchemy process turn it into something valuable (Gold).

Using the Periodic table of Elements, Zinc was chosen to represent the first product.

If we did another program, it would possibly be Helium (He), etc.

A long post to say what we were thinking with the name.

We do like it.
Dj AR1 5:19 PM - 18 September, 2012
wth is dat suppost to do.
a good program will b the one dat keeps ur folders upgrade all the time.
DJ Cs 6:02 PM - 18 September, 2012
Quote:
wth is dat suppost to do.
a good program will b the one dat keeps ur folders upgrade all the time.

Yes, that's what it does.
Dj AR1 6:26 PM - 18 September, 2012
so basically when i download music n i put it on my folders on my laptop, i dnt hav to upgrade the folders on my serato?
DJ Cs 6:59 PM - 18 September, 2012
Quote:
so basically when i download music n i put it on my folders on my laptop, i dnt hav to upgrade the folders on my serato?

That's correct. You just drag the folders you want to keep in sync to the the Alchimie Zinc window and it will keep all of those folders in sync, no matter if you add 1 or 10,000 new files to those directories.

Alchimie Zinc keeps those folders when you close it down and all you have to do is click "Synchronize Crates" the next time you open Alchimie Zinc.

Please see the website: Alchimiedj(dot)com and click on the media icon to see the first video for a better overview.
DJDynasty 7:09 PM - 18 September, 2012
First I have to thank you for putting your time & effort into this program being a GUI and with its functions it is extrmely usefull.
I am in a dilema that is somewhat different and hope maybe there is a way your program can help.
I keep all my music on a external TB drive and have loaded into serato the songs of my prefference from variuos folders
What I would like to do is see if there is a way I can copy out of the drive only the files that I have loaded in serato. There are so many other files/songs that are just on the drive that I have no use for in the program but not sure how to get them off the hard drive without mistakenly deleting any of the files that are loaded in Serato?
Thanks in advance!
Dj AR1 7:16 PM - 18 September, 2012
Quote:
First I have to thank you for putting your time & effort into this program being a GUI and with its functions it is extrmely usefull.
I am in a dilema that is somewhat different and hope maybe there is a way your program can help.
I keep all my music on a external TB drive and have loaded into serato the songs of my prefference from variuos folders
What I would like to do is see if there is a way I can copy out of the drive only the files that I have loaded in serato. There are so many other files/songs that are just on the drive that I have no use for in the program but not sure how to get them off the hard drive without mistakenly deleting any of the files that are loaded in Serato?
Thanks in advance!

+1 ^

its a great idea n save so much time n work.
like how much dis program is goin for n how many computers can i install it?
DJ Cs 7:27 PM - 18 September, 2012
Quote:
Thanks in advance!

As I understand it, you may be able to 1. use Alchimie Zinc's "Import feature", this will pull in ALL the current crates that you have. 2. Then you can delete out what you don't want in the sync window. 3. use the "Copy to Device" feature to copy only those files to another directory or hard drive, this will create a new Serato crate structure and copy ALL the files in the synch window to the new location. 4. You can then use this location as your default Serato database by renaming the old Serato database, then copying the _Serato_ folder to that original location.

Basically this program can be used for just about any scenario you can think of with a few clicks.

I hope that makes sense or I have understood what you're asking.
DJ Cs 7:30 PM - 18 September, 2012
Just a quick note on the above explanation.

Remember to keep "Overwrite Crates" unchecked (it is unchecked by default).

Also, if you copy only the crates and subcrates you want to another drive, there is no need to rename or copy the new _Serato_ directory, Serato products will automatically see the new location on the external drive.
DJDynasty 7:34 PM - 18 September, 2012
Thanks, and I will give this a go after the weekend^^^^^
WarpNote 7:56 PM - 18 September, 2012
Hi DJ Cs, Thanks for getting back to me.
Quote:
I'm not exactly sure what you mean, but you can drag and drop the Contemporary R&B directory from your hard drive into the left sync window of Alchimie Zinc. It will keep that directory when closed and then when you add more files, just open Alchimie Zinc and hit "Synchronize Crates".

This will add all the "NEW" files to the already existing Contemporary R&B crate in Serato.

You will need to make sure that the "Overwrite Crates" option is turned off in the Configuration menu, this puts it in the append mode.

Overwrite Crates is turned off by default.

Yep, I got this part, I think most did, your program mirrors the the folder structure of the folder on the drive. Great Work!! Really appreciate you making this program with a nice gui for this tedious work. I did spend a lot of time with scratch tools a few years back, and after a while, found it faster to just do the work "by hand".

So the thing that would make Zinc the ultimate tool for me, would be the option to collect several disk folders into one and the same target serato crate.

This is what your program does:
Folder1 > Crate1
Folder2 > Crate2
Folder3 > Crate3
Folder4 > Crate4

This Is what I do: (manually)
Folder1 > Crate1
Folder2 > Crate1
Folder3 > Crate2
Folder4 > Crate2
And I wanna name these crates myself, preferably in Zinc, ie not necessarily follow the folder names.

And the reason for wanting to do this is: I have a lot of separate folders on my drive, as I do a lot of different styles of music. If mirroring all that into crates, SSL will choke easily, and Itch won´t even start up.

The main advantage for keeping strict folder structure on the HD and not bringing sub genres together in one folder, is the ability to sort by the location column inside Serato software, as shown in the second image below. (sorry, I cropped off the column header.).

Back to my example, this is what one of my genre/sub genre folders looks like:
farm9.staticflickr.com
And this is what the crates looks like for this genre:
farm9.staticflickr.com

So I´m basically looking for a way to set custom pointers/links/or whatever you wanna call it, between source folders and target crates, instead of a "hard mirror sync".

DJ Cs, Does that clear up what I´m saying?
WarpNote 8:22 PM - 18 September, 2012
Quote:
What I would like to do is see if there is a way I can copy out of the drive only the files that I have loaded in serato.

This can already be done inside Serato Scratch live:
1. make sure you have the location column visible. Use the triangle in the right abobe the track list to toggle it on.
2. Select the location column so it is highlighted, now tracks are sorted by their physical location.
3. In finder, create your target folder for the files to copy from the external.
4. Scroll either to the beginning of ending of the "All..." crate then shift select all tracks located on your external
5. make sure file panel tab is open in Scratch Live, locate the new target folder you just made (in step 3.)
6. drag selected tracks from list in Scratch Live to the target folder in file panel, chose either copy or move from the popup window...

The actual copying process is described in the manual BTW > serato.com
DJ Cs 9:38 PM - 18 September, 2012
@WarpNote

You are correct on the operation of the program. It does a one to one mirroring of the the actual HD structure.

The option you are describing has been discussed in great detail by our team and is in future plans if the program is needed and shows to be valuable for the community.

This is a database model and is already in the works.
WarpNote 10:07 PM - 18 September, 2012
Would be very valuable indeed!
Thanks again for answering.
DJ Cs 5:42 PM - 19 September, 2012
For anyone having problems when downloading using Mountain Lion:

here is the fix for mountain lion. it is also now on our site under downloads section.

The new "GateKeeper" by default turns off the ability to run or mount images for software not downloaded or digitally signed from the App Store.

To turn this off on Mountain Lion, go to system> preferences> Security & Privacy >General and select Allow Applications downloaded from: "Anywhere".

Without this, Mac OSX will erroneously report the DMG as corrupt and the app as corrupt.

You can turn this back on afterwards if you prefer.
Justin Styles 9:48 PM - 19 September, 2012
Love the idea I'll be giving this a trial tonight.
MISTER RIPPER 7:58 AM - 25 September, 2012
Quote:

+1 .... dat was da first thing i said when i saw it dat name is wack !
DjayRage 6:52 PM - 25 September, 2012
Someone posted about this in a DJ group on FB. Tried the demo and purchased it a few minutes later. I only use crates for videos and this program works great for keeping those crates organized exactly how I have the folders organized (by genre).
Thanks for the awesome work.
DJ Cs 2:41 AM - 26 September, 2012
Thanks Dj Rage, we put alot of time into it. stay tuned for more features soon.
Josh218 6:05 PM - 26 September, 2012
I see that you can export to a csv file, can we edit this file and then import it back to the program to update songs?
DJ Cs 9:59 PM - 26 September, 2012
No, there is no tie in for CSV import.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 10:08 PM - 26 September, 2012
And just like that...ScratchTools is reduced to DOS....

Oh, wait....
Josh218 6:31 PM - 28 September, 2012
Is there anyway you guys can implement CSV tie in?? It will be a really great feature... I already bought the program btw.. Works great so far... Just this feature is missing in my book... Thanks
DJ Cs 6:46 AM - 29 September, 2012
Thanks Josh. we are adding a much more powerful feature than editing the CSV file. Stay tuned.
WarpNote 6:52 AM - 29 September, 2012
Quote:
Thanks Josh. we are adding a much more powerful feature than editing the CSV file. Stay tuned.

Intrigued :D
Josh218 9:57 PM - 29 September, 2012
Can't wait... Is it a free upgrade, since I have the program already??
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 9:58 PM - 29 September, 2012
Quote:
Can't wait... Is it a free upgrade, since I have the program already??

Wow, and people actually made "Donations" to get the product!

Makes sense for a product that works...
djchrischip 12:23 AM - 30 September, 2012
really interested in a product like this but that incorporates my library management features from this thread
serato.com

1. AUDIO/ VIDEO SCANNER...
A Tool that will scan all your audio files, and by a "tag word search/ analysis" determine which audio files you do/ do NOT have videos for...
Output results as a file which maybe printed/ copy and pasted etc
ALSO offer a check box function once added

2. DUPLICATE DETECTION
A Tool in which by percentage of like words in the entire tag will group tracks together... then also incorporate a way to get rid of unwanted tracks...

[i]

3. ALBUM ART DETECTION
INTERNET BASED SEARCH WITHIN THE SERATO COMMUNITY DATABASE, GOOGLE< DISCOCOGS ETC.
<HAVE AN IDEA>

4. TAGGING/ RENAMING
<FOR STEVIE O>
<HAVE AN IDEA, for an internet based search to fill in certain tags, etc>

5. KEY DETECTION
[i]
DJ Cs 10:21 AM - 30 September, 2012
looking forward to the next big release from Serato.

@Josh, several features will be added for those that have the program, others require a major rewrite to add in additional features. send questions to support on our website and we will answer more completely.

@warpnote, we are definitely excited about the next major release. You guys will be surprised.

@DJJOHNNYM_vSL3, good to see its really wanted, and we have had great feedback so far.

@DjChrisChip, that is quite a list. Some of that is already in the works.

Thanks guys.
DJRemixEnt 1:48 PM - 1 October, 2012
is the 19.99 intro fee a one time deal with free updates?
blackavenger 3:16 PM - 1 October, 2012
Quote:

I certainly hope so
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 4:15 PM - 1 October, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

I certainly hope so

LOL! Serato got y'all spoint!
blackavenger 6:07 PM - 1 October, 2012
Well actually there are countless utility (because that's all this is, afterall) programs that offer free updates.

If they think that peeps are going to pay for "every single" update, they are diluted. I mean, sure, if they charge a fee for major updates, that's acceptable......but not minor ones as well.
djchrischip 9:29 PM - 2 October, 2012
IF they offer some type of music library tools into serato I will be the happiest customer ever
DjayRage 12:57 PM - 5 October, 2012
Question for DJ C's:
If I add a bunch of files, move files around etc. Can I just run the program again and not choose "delete crates" to have it update Serato with what is in each crate?
DJ Cs 7:09 PM - 7 October, 2012
Quote:
Question for DJ C's:
If I add a bunch of files, move files around etc. Can I just run the program again and not choose "delete crates" to have it update Serato with what is in each crate?

Yes, that's correct. However, if you don't have "overwrite crates" checked, it will just add to what you have and NEVER delete what you moved.

Make sure you understand that function BEFORE checking it.
DjayRage 1:41 PM - 9 October, 2012
Okay the reason why I ask is because if I have overwrite checked off then I'll have to reanalyze all those files again.
For example I download all my vids into one folder called "to edit" from that folder I then move them into the correct folder by genre when I have a chance. But at this point I have hundreds of videos in that to edit folder because I have been busy. So if I don't have overwrite crates checked off Serato will still think the files are in the to edit folder even after I move them?
Thanks
Dj Fantom 8:03 AM - 13 October, 2012
i recently had to put my library back together from sort of scratch after a hard drive failure .. i started making folders by genre and year / decade etc... but got lazy half way thru and just started naming the folders by date downloaded Ie;" Downloads 10.12.12 " and would just drag the songs to the correct genre crates i setup in serato .... could i use this program to turn all my serato crates into folders on my hard drive, preserving the crate/ sub crate structure as i have it in serato ? and if so how would i accomplish this ?
Dj Wunder 5:16 PM - 13 October, 2012
What I'm missing here is: I have the same song in multiple crates, would creating folders from crates duplicate all those song files?
DJ Cs 12:22 PM - 14 October, 2012
Quote:
i recently had to put my library back together from sort of scratch after a hard drive failure .. i started making folders by genre and year / decade etc... but got lazy half way thru and just started naming the folders by date downloaded Ie;" Downloads 10.12.12 " and would just drag the songs to the correct genre crates i setup in serato .... could i use this program to turn all my serato crates into folders on my hard drive, preserving the crate/ sub crate structure as i have it in serato ? and if so how would i accomplish this ?

No, it will not create folders on your hard drive from existing crates. You can import any serato crate structure you have, remove or add any crate root and then resynchronize to keep what you want.
DJ Cs 12:53 PM - 14 October, 2012
Quote:

Let me clarify my answer above. You can use the "import database" feature to bring in your existing Serato crate structure, add or remove any directories (crates) you want to change and then use the "copy to device" feature to select any directory or external drive to duplicate the structure with the correct folders on the hard drive.

However, what it WiILL NOT do is copy songs that exist in multiple locations in your Serato crate structure but do NOT exist in that same folder on your hard drive.

Basically, it provides a one to one mapping of the song to a folder. Even if that song exists in multiple places in your Serato structure, it usually only exists once on your hard drive.

@DJ Wunder
Hopefully this answers your question as well.
Serato and other programs use pointers or links to allow you to have multiple songs in different crates. This GUI does NOT see those links and will only read or write the true 1 to 1 mapping of the song to it's correct folder and will ignore any links.

Next version will do this.
djchrischip 2:49 AM - 15 October, 2012
Anyone ever see Dupin? Any chance we can get a serato version of this
blackavenger 4:46 AM - 15 October, 2012
^ make a request in "scratchlive feature suggestions" thread ^

Since ItchSeratoDJ & ScratchLIVE share the same database, if they were to implement it, it would likely affect both platforms.
Dj Fantom 2:15 AM - 16 October, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

Let me clarify my answer above. You can use the "import database" feature to bring in your existing Serato crate structure, add or remove any directories (crates) you want to change and then use the "copy to device" feature to select any directory or external drive to duplicate the structure with the correct folders on the hard drive.

However, what it WiILL NOT do is copy songs that exist in multiple locations in your Serato crate structure but do NOT exist in that same folder on your hard drive.

Basically, it provides a one to one mapping of the song to a folder. Even if that song exists in multiple places in your Serato structure, it usually only exists once on your hard drive.

@DJ Wunder
Hopefully this answers your question as well.
Serato and other programs use pointers or links to allow you to have multiple songs in different crates. This GUI does NOT see those links and will only read or write the true 1 to 1 mapping of the song to it's correct folder and will ignore any links.

Next version will do this.

Thank you . I fully understand .... looking forward to the next version
Jumbo650 6:41 AM - 4 November, 2012
Did the op ever say if this can be installed in multiple computers I.e. windows and mac
DJ Cs 8:40 AM - 4 November, 2012
Yes, there is a windows version and a separate Mac version.
Jumbo650 4:33 PM - 4 November, 2012
Quote:

Do you need Pay twice or will one time for both as long as you don't run them at the same time
djchrischip 6:02 PM - 5 November, 2012
Hey Cs. I had an idea for a library management plug in... have all the ideas for it just cant code it... be interested?

original link- serato.com

1. For Serato Library Duplicates: let's create a program like dougscripts.com
Have it follow the Serato GUI, and instead of the the "replaylist tool" have a "re-crate tool)

2. Key Detection built in to the overview process

3. Album Art Detection via the internet (I think there is a 3rd party plugin online available- have this built in to the plug in~ make it able to be turned on and off)

4. Tagging Program built in to the App

That would be the start :)
blackavenger 10:52 PM - 5 November, 2012
Do you all have any plans to release a Traktor version as well?
djchrischip 3:13 PM - 6 November, 2012
hey blackavenger... no jumping ship!!! lets be loyal to serato!! :)

SERATO
IF YOU CREATE MY PLUG IN

I promise and will contractually bind myself to purchasing $6,000 worth of your kit :)

1 Mixer (62 or 68)
Control Vinyl up the wazoo
and an sl4

:)
blackavenger 6:39 PM - 6 November, 2012
Quote:

I sail on both ships now ;)
Josh218 3:42 AM - 7 November, 2012
So when can we expect an upgrade for this program?? Do you have a timeframe DJ Cs?? Thanks....
djchrischip 12:54 AM - 8 November, 2012
Hey CS can u explain the following features
3. Copy to Device feature, allows copying the full Serato structure And Media files to an external drive.
6. Backup Feature, allows you to backup your current or any selected external Serato database to any location.
MISTER RIPPER 6:47 AM - 8 November, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

I sail on both ships now ;)

i do to ..but u dont need this for trackor its all ready built into it
MISTER RIPPER 6:49 AM - 8 November, 2012
is there a way to keep it from moving around my orginal song order in my crates
blackavenger 12:02 PM - 8 November, 2012
Quote:
i do to ..but u dont need this for trackor its all ready built into it

I'm still getting used to it, so I wasn't quite sure this was the case.
gevola 1:38 PM - 8 November, 2012
Rename file from ID TAG ( or vice-versa ) and synch the database should be a great feature for me.
This is available ? if not .. will be available into the next build ?
DJ Cs 4:04 PM - 8 November, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

Do you need Pay twice or will one time for both as long as you don't run them at the same time

No, one time and it will function for both Mac and PC
DJ Cs 4:23 PM - 8 November, 2012
Quote:
Hey Cs. I had an idea for a library management plug in... have all the ideas for it just cant code it... be interested?

Have it follow the Serato GUI, and instead of the the "replaylist tool" have a "re-crate tool)

3. Album Art Detection via the internet (I think there is a 3rd party plugin online available- have this built in to the plug in~ make it able to be turned on and off)

most of these are already in the works for planned versions of the program. you will be pleasantly surprised at the upcoming features coming to the program.
DJ Cs 4:31 PM - 8 November, 2012
Quote:
Do you all have any plans to release a Traktor version as well?

Actually, we have been contacted by many Traktor Users asking us to make it compatible with Traktor.

Yes, will be in next version.
DJ Cs 4:34 PM - 8 November, 2012
Quote:
So when can we expect an upgrade for this program?? Do you have a timeframe DJ Cs?? Thanks....

We have been working hard on it and in the testing phase for some features now. Particularly testing with compatibility to Serato DJ, which is working now.

Answer: very soon.
DJ Cs 4:36 PM - 8 November, 2012
Quote:

It's best to check out the videos explaining it here:
alchimiedj.com
DJ Cs 4:44 PM - 8 November, 2012
Quote:

yes, just make sure overwrite crates is turned off.
DJ Cs 4:51 PM - 8 November, 2012
Quote:
Rename file from ID TAG ( or vice-versa ) and synch the database should be a great feature for me.
This is available ? if not .. will be available into the next build ?

We may build some tag editing features in, however, because those are in Serato programs already, we are concentrating on new features.
gevola 5:36 PM - 8 November, 2012
Quote:
because those are in Serato programs already

sorry .. you are meaning that Serato can rename the filename of mp3 file starting from the ID TAG ?
probably I lost this feature ??

I often get the "real/correct" song name in a second time, and correct just the ID TAG.
So should be great align again the filename to the correct song name.
without telling SL to "search for lost file"
MISTER RIPPER 1:34 PM - 9 November, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

i have it turn off & it still changes da order of the songs
DJ Cs 1:42 PM - 9 November, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

i have it turn off & it still changes da order of the songs

Ok, I see what you mean, I don't know if there is a way to prevent song order from changing. WI'll have to check that a little further.
Josh218 4:02 AM - 10 November, 2012
DJ Cs, i think your website is down. Can you check into that, i tried 3 different computers and same message. thanks.
DJ Cs 5:44 AM - 11 November, 2012
Quote:
DJ Cs, i think your website is down. Can you check into that, i tried 3 different computers and same message. thanks.

Comes up fine for me.

Checked several times.
djchrischip 7:24 PM - 11 November, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

It's best to check out the videos explaining it here:
alchimiedj.com

Checked them out, I am kind of confused thus far but I didn't devote a lot of time to watching

Quote:
Quote:

most of these are already in the works for planned versions of the program. you will be pleasantly surprised at the upcoming features coming to the program.

Love hearing this news and WOULD love to talk to you about my ideas in depth... I want absolutely nothing in turn other than a program that will save my djing library and career. Sent you a message in the private section of the site
djchrischip 7:31 PM - 11 November, 2012
CS here are my main questions broken down by 'topic'

- Will this feature be able to copy off my internal, as well as 2 external drives and be able to "merge" that onto 1 external hard drive to be used as a backup <provided the capacity is there>?
- KEEP IN MIND: I do have duplicate files, hundreds of crates and its like 6-8tb of data in total

- with these features keep in mind if i back up into 1 master drive from the 3 other sources in which my library database draws from, would alchemie zinc be able to handle merging the 3 serato folders into one big folder on my new drive?
djdalite 5:00 AM - 12 November, 2012
Just wondering exactly how limited the free trial is? Can I copy only 30 files at a time or only 30s per crate or only 1 crate at a time?
DJ Cs 5:10 PM - 12 November, 2012
@djchrischip
The short answer to all your questions, is yes.

I would test a small sampling before you go all in with 6 Tb of data. However, you should be able to merge all files shown in the sync window to the selected "Copy" location.

I will Check pm and get in touch.

@ djdalite
30 is the Limit for either 30 files, 30 Crates or any combination of those two.
djchrischip 3:13 AM - 13 November, 2012
Quote:
@djchrischip
The short answer to all your questions, is yes.

I would test a small sampling before you go all in with 6 Tb of data. However, you should be able to merge all files shown in the sync window to the selected "Copy" location.

I will Check pm and get in touch.

@ djdalite
30 is the Limit for either 30 files, 30 Crates or any combination of those two.

In my application, I realized say on some drives I have near identical folders and roots to identical filenames (duplicates) just on 2 hard drives, I wonder if it would confuse the program n computer and it would freeze up?
djdalite 4:54 AM - 13 November, 2012
I decided to purchase and sync some folders

my hd folders match my crates, but when i synced they where not in alphabetical order? this happened more than one, i had to manually move them back
WarpNote 7:37 AM - 15 November, 2012
@djdalite
If you delete the neworder.pref file from the "_serato_" folder, SSL will alphabetize the crates upon startup. Ie recreating this file. If you dont wanna delete the file you can rename it to something like "neworder.old".
djdalite 7:00 PM - 15 November, 2012
ya i dont have the file in my _Serato_, so if i try to use Alchimie Z to organize columns, it wont do it.
DJ Cs 8:00 PM - 15 November, 2012
Quote:
ya i dont have the file in my _Serato_, so if i try to use Alchimie Z to organize columns, it wont do it.

If it is not organizing your columns, please send an email to the support email on the site and we will assist.
djchrischip 11:46 PM - 20 November, 2012
any word as to when the new version with duplicate detection will be out?
DJ Cs 4:41 AM - 22 November, 2012
Testing now, but we plan to have it out within the next two weeks.
DJ_X_Trodinaire 12:52 PM - 22 November, 2012
Any chance of adding CarbonCopy like data backup?
That's the only thing I have to do after using alchimie
DJ Cs 11:07 PM - 22 November, 2012
Quote:
Any chance of adding CarbonCopy like data backup?
That's the only thing I have to do after using alchimie

That's not on the immediate roadmap, but that is a great suggestion for a future addition.
djchrischip 1:55 PM - 24 November, 2012
Cs hope ur software with its duplicate detection can help solve my issues...
email me @ djchrischip@verizon.net
DJ Cs 1:50 AM - 5 December, 2012
Hey guys, just wanted to let you guys know first, Alchimie Zinc will be upgraded in the next week or so if testing goes well with the new version.

New features include:

Song preview player

Traktor compatibility

True external device support: allows you to select a main serato folder to sync as it does now,however, when adding files from any external drive or device, the program will automatically sync back to that external drive, creating the relevant Serato structure. This means syncing to an unlimited amount of drives- simultaneously.

Further explanation of this syncing is that it is very similar to how Serato works now, if you drag songs into the sync window of Alchimie Zinc, regardless of the location, when syncing it will always write the crate structure back to the drive the file resides on.

If you want to truly sync all songs to one location, you will use the copy to device feature.

More enhancements and features to come.

This will be a free upgrade to current users.

We were excited that Serato introduced greater stability in handling large libraries in the incredible Serato DJ, among other features.

Serato DJ is well on its way to further cementing its spot as number one with the current development of Serato DJ.
DJ_X_Trodinaire 1:52 AM - 5 December, 2012
^ nice! cant wait
blackavenger 6:16 AM - 5 December, 2012
Quote:
^ nice! cant wait

Ditto!
Josh218 7:32 PM - 5 December, 2012
Hey is the feature export to excel, edit tags in excel, and then import csv file back to Alchimie in this version? That would be great.. Thanks
DJ Cs 9:48 PM - 5 December, 2012
No, that is not implemented. You can import from an existing serato crate structure and perform certain functions, such as export to csv or copy to device, etc.
djchrischip 3:17 AM - 13 December, 2012
cs I def want to discuss with u the possibility of being a beta tester for ur program and its library duplicate finder/ deletion feature...
I am willing to purchase and clone my serato hard drives (to use them as test drives & back up my library) and finally get my library in order once and for all as well as to help u help many others like me
nixkix 7:11 PM - 2 January, 2013
What Music management app do most of you use now? itunes is sucks, yo.
DjayRage 7:24 PM - 2 January, 2013
I've always used Media Monkey. Got my entire library in folders sorted like this..
Genre > Artists > song.mp3
For example
Rap > Tupac > california.mp3
DjayRage 7:25 PM - 2 January, 2013
By the way that method works perfectly for Alchemie Zinc if you want to create crates based on Genres
Strizy 10:42 PM - 5 January, 2013
What's good, I bought Alchimie Zinc yesterday, I synced all my files and went to get down in my studio, All My Files are PINK. I've been in forums & youtube ever since, Found A serato tutor video, in the comments section, Alchimie doesn't work on partitioned drive on Mac, That comment was 3 months old. Has anyone found a fix for this? Thanks for your help, I'm kinda pissed off, Paid for a program, should still be a beta. I tried the trial version first of course, But with the limitations of 50 crates, I didn't see this becoming a issue. Please Help, i have to redo all my crates by hand.
Macbook hard drive - 3 partitions Mac, Music, Video (640Gigs)
My Book (1TB)
SL1 w/ Serato Video
DJ Cs 2:18 AM - 7 January, 2013
Strizy , did you Send an email to support for assistance?

we answer every email and try to assist with each issue.

Just as an FYI, this and other issues has been worked on and resolved in the upcoming new version to be released in the next several days. The new release is free to anyone who has previously purchased the program and includes Some great new features.

However, contact support and we may be able to assist you the same day.
DJ Quartz 7:08 AM - 9 January, 2013
What about an option to skip over a folder for synchronization?
powercut 9:28 AM - 11 January, 2013
I just discovered this and it looks great! Is synching crates to a usb disk without duplicate files working yet? Or is that coming in the next version?
I've got a method of doing this myself but if I can use this app instead to make it easier that would be ideal. I don't think I'll use any of the other features so I'll hold off from trying it if this isn't implemented yet.

Cheers
DJ Cs 11:29 PM - 16 January, 2013
Hey guys and ladies,

We have released an update to Alchimie Zinc, Version 1.1.206.

This is a free update.

Here are some highlights:

01/16/2013 - Alchimie is pleased to announce the release of Alchimie Zinc™ version 1.1 with Traktor 2.6 compatibility!!

Alchimie Zinc™ (Version 1.1) adds many new and exciting features and enhances it previous functionality.

Want to sync your media files with your favorite DJ program and save hours of time in the process? Then Alchimie Zinc™ is for you! See what Zinc can do for you.

Whats new in Alchimie Zinc™ Version 1.1.206 (Current Release)

Native Instrument’s Traktor 2.6 compatibility: After many requests from the Traktor community, Alchimie Zinc™ now syncs to “Music folders” in Traktor. Note: “Import Music folder at startup” must be selected in Traktor configuration to view the synced folders.

Simultaneous Sync: Alchimie Zinc™ will now automatically sync to multiple locations with a full Serato database Structure. No matter where your media is located, Alchimie Zinc™ will correctly write the Serato structure only to the drive containing the media. This largely eliminates the need to manually select the drive in the configuration each time you want to sync to a different location, such as an external drive.

Dynamic Preview: You can now preview the selected song or multiple songs at once within Alchimie Zinc™.
Previewing multiple songs allows for comparison of loudness and frequency information.
With Java 7 or above, the preview will show a dynamic Decibel/Frequency chart while playing. This allows the DJ to compare volume levels of the selected songs to ensure it is not to loud or lower than expected.
The frequency display allows the DJ to recognize elements of the song to be equalized or the range to be eliminated to produce an effect.
NOTE: WAV, AIFF, MP3, MP4, AAC, OGG Vorbis, FLAC, non-DRM WMA (Windows only) and Apple Lossless (ALAC) formats are supported for Java 7, Java 6 allows preview of Mp3 only.

Alchimie can now recognize and sync FLAC files to SSL/Itch and Serato DJ.
Large library Sync: Alchimie Zinc™ can handle larger libraries of media across multiple drives and sync them to the correct locations.
For example, you can drag folders/directories from five different drives to the sync window and sync to all locations simultaneously. Alchimie Zinc™ will sync and create the necessary Serato structure across all 5 drives.
Many stability & performance improvements throughout our code base to keep you as productive as possible.
DJ Cs 11:33 PM - 16 January, 2013
Just a follow up.

The new version works even better with Serato DJ, as they have improved the handling of larger libraries.
DJ_X_Trodinaire 1:39 AM - 17 January, 2013
Would sync act as a backup? Would it replace files that has been modified or will it replace the entire library?

Want to ask before i run sync :)
DJ MARCOS MAD 5:12 AM - 17 January, 2013
Quote:
Hey guys and ladies,

We have released an update to Alchimie Zinc, Version 1.1.206.

This is a free update.

Here are some highlights:

01/16/2013 - Alchimie is pleased to announce the release of Alchimie Zinc™ version 1.1 with Traktor 2.6 compatibility!!

Alchimie Zinc™ (Version 1.1) adds many new and exciting features and enhances it previous functionality.

Want to sync your media files with your favorite DJ program and save hours of time in the process? Then Alchimie Zinc™ is for you! See what Zinc can do for you.

Whats new in Alchimie Zinc™ Version 1.1.206 (Current Release)

Native Instrument’s Traktor 2.6 compatibility: After many requests from the Traktor community, Alchimie Zinc™ now syncs to “Music folders” in Traktor. Note: “Import Music folder at startup” must be selected in Traktor configuration to view the synced folders.

Simultaneous Sync: Alchimie Zinc™ will now automatically sync to multiple locations with a full Serato database Structure. No matter where your media is located, Alchimie Zinc™ will correctly write the Serato structure only to the drive containing the media. This largely eliminates the need to manually select the drive in the configuration each time you want to sync to a different location, such as an external drive.

Dynamic Preview: You can now preview the selected song or multiple songs at once within Alchimie Zinc™.
Previewing multiple songs allows for comparison of loudness and frequency information.
With Java 7 or above, the preview will show a dynamic Decibel/Frequency chart while playing. This allows the DJ to compare volume levels of the selected songs to ensure it is not to loud or lower than expected.
The frequency display allows the DJ to recognize elements of the song to be equalized or the range to be eliminated to produce an effect.
NOTE: WAV, AIFF, MP3, MP4, AAC, OGG Vorbis, FLAC, non-DRM WMA (Windows only) and Apple Lossless (ALAC) formats are supported for Java 7, Java 6 allows preview of Mp3 only.

Large library Sync: Alchimie Zinc™ can handle larger libraries of media across multiple drives and sync them to the correct locations.
For example, you can drag folders/directories from five different drives to the sync window and sync to all locations simultaneously. Alchimie Zinc™ will sync and create the necessary Serato structure across all 5 drives.
Many stability & performance improvements throughout our code base to keep you as productive as possible.

i dont found my library in media root in new alchimie .java 7 installed.
blackavenger 10:11 AM - 17 January, 2013
Just installed the update over previous installation........won't even open!!!

Macbook Pro ( 8,2 )
2.0GHz i7 Quadcore
Snow Leopard 10.6.8
256GB SSD (in Optibay)
16GB Ram
Konix 1:30 PM - 17 January, 2013
I have the same problem, won't open for me either on 10.6.8, but works on my 10.8.2 with Java 7.
blackavenger 10:01 PM - 17 January, 2013
Yeah, I hope Y'all are able to get this working for Snow Leopard (Java 6), 'cause I'm NOT updating to Mountain Lion (Java 7)!!!!
VDJ ASTRO 2:38 AM - 20 January, 2013
i use internal for audio and external for video this program only has one option right? as far as where the serato database folder is?
VDJ ASTRO 3:04 AM - 20 January, 2013
not opening it says file is damaged and downloaded twice using mountain lion 10.8.2 mac book pro
VDJ ASTRO 3:33 AM - 20 January, 2013
Quote:
not opening it says file is damaged and downloaded twice using mountain lion 10.8.2 mac book pro

nevermind got it working
Dj Nyce 3:56 PM - 20 January, 2013
here what i am trying to do

my music vids are on an external; /Videos/Library

ex: /Videos/Library/Folder 1

i want to map /Videos/Library to a crate named Videos in serato not to a crate named Videos/Library

can AZ do or not this. and if it can't can this be added?
DJ Cs 6:17 PM - 20 January, 2013
Quote:
here what i am trying to do

my music vids are on an external; /Videos/Library

ex: /Videos/Library/Folder 1

i want to map /Videos/Library to a crate named Videos in serato not to a crate named Videos/Library

can AZ do or not this. and if it can't can this be added?

It will create a Crate in the exact same structure as your hard drive. it will create a crate called video with a Subcrate called library.

We definitely will add this ability in the future.
DJ Cs 6:33 PM - 20 January, 2013
Quote:
Yeah, I hope Y'all are able to get this working for Snow Leopard (Java 6), 'cause I'm NOT updating to Mountain Lion (Java 7)!!!!

Download the newest version. We have found an issue with the installer on this version of the OS.
Konix 7:10 PM - 20 January, 2013
Thanks, working fine now on 10.6.8.
WarpNote 7:18 PM - 20 January, 2013
Quote:
It will create a Crate in the exact same structure as your hard drive. it will create a crate called video with a Subcrate called library.

Looking for the same feature as Nyce, will jump on it in a heartbeat, once you add that feature!
DJ Cs 7:29 PM - 20 January, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

Looking for the same feature as Nyce, will jump on it in a heartbeat, once you add that feature!

Sounds good, will check that out for the next update.
Konix 7:46 PM - 20 January, 2013
ScratchTools can do this, however.
WarpNote 7:57 PM - 20 January, 2013
Yeah, I know Konix, I used Scratch Tools for quite some time.
I have a huge folder system, and after a while, my ScratchTools text file got to elaborate for me to manage. So I went back to manual importing my files to crates.

What Im after is a gui system, where i can specify source folder and destination crate.
Ie build the crate structure manually...
blackavenger 9:01 PM - 20 January, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

Download the newest version. We have found an issue with the installer on this version of the OS.

Quote:
Thanks, working fine now on 10.6.8.

Thanks, everything is working great now :-)
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 5:01 AM - 21 January, 2013
Quote:
ScratchTools can do this, however.

But it's 2013.......
nik39 10:44 AM - 22 January, 2013
Oh, and you're still mad cause you can't figure it out? C'mon, you had .. like 6 years... It's 2013.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 1:18 PM - 22 January, 2013
Quote:
Oh, and you're still mad cause you can't figure it out? C'mon, you had .. like 6 years... It's 2013.

LOL @ your freeloading azz getting offended because you're still writing code in BASIC....LMAO...

Just keep asking for donations....one day you'll make it to the top....
nik39 2:31 PM - 22 January, 2013
My "BASIC" code kicks still kicks your advanced Microsoft bASSic code anytime.

Next time - come up with something more clever.

Oh sorry, you did - in your eyes :)
DJ Cs 8:09 PM - 22 January, 2013
To be fair...ScratchTools has many more functions.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 8:29 PM - 22 January, 2013
Quote:
My "BASIC" code kicks still kicks your advanced Microsoft bASSic code anytime.

Next time - come up with something more clever.

Oh sorry, you did - in your eyes :)

Your "BASIC" code can't even keep me out keep your browser as you claim...

Next time, come up with something that ....

Actually works? lol...
nik39 11:00 PM - 22 January, 2013
Just because you're not clever enough to make it work, doesn't mean it doesn't work. It says something about you ;)

Anyway, thanks to C's for bringing out a product with a GUI! Thanks for that! :)
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 2:01 AM - 23 January, 2013
Quote:
Just because you're not clever enough to make it work, doesn't mean it doesn't work. It says something about you ;)

Anyway, thanks to C's for bringing out a product with a GUI! Thanks for that! :)

Make WHAT WORK? That FOXPRO throwback you call CODE?

Pulleezzzeee.....lol...

Everybody knows you were just riding Serato's D*ck to try and get some loot...

FAIL....

lmao...
DeezNotes 2:10 AM - 23 January, 2013
ERMAGERD! STAHP!!

Seriously, stop.
DeezNotes 2:10 AM - 23 January, 2013
ERMAGERD! STAHP!!

Seriously, stop.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 2:25 AM - 23 January, 2013
Double post?
nik39 6:03 AM - 23 January, 2013
Lol at the anger in your eyes. Still losing sleep over it, with your Microsoft degree? Haha :)
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 6:09 AM - 23 January, 2013
Quote:
Lol at the anger in your eyes. Still losing sleep over it, with your Microsoft degree? Haha :)

Microsoft? LMAO! www.djjohnnym.com

It's 2013!

At LEAST AKIEM wasn't asking for DONATIONS from the door.....and he actually did some TANGIBLE work.....

Ha ha...you're like a kid that's been given a School Crossing Guard Badge.....
nik39 6:36 AM - 23 January, 2013
Still mad cause I get more money with donations in a month than you make in a year with your self made, home printed Internet degree at your daily job? (I was giving you the benefit of a doubt assuming you had some Microsoft certification - at least they have some sort of "exams" :)

So... With your 44yrs you still haven't heard about the deadly sins? Jealousy is one of those. And it's obvious that you're also jealous of Akiems work too. Poor man.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 6:58 AM - 23 January, 2013
Quote:
Still mad cause I get more money with donations in a month than you make in a year with your self made, home printed Internet degree at your daily job? (I was giving you the benefit of a doubt assuming you had some Microsoft certification - at least they have some sort of "exams" :)

So... With your 44yrs you still haven't heard about the deadly sins? Jealousy is one of those. And it's obvious that you're also jealous of Akiems work too. Poor man.

Wait....LOL, you wanna BATTLE with PAYCHECKS????

Forreal?

Ok, last year this time, I didn't break 100K... www.djjohnnym.com

THIS TIME...

I did....

www.djjohnnym.com

Now go take your "TechMate" badge and go sit in the corner and compile something really nice, OK?

Thanks!

www.djjohnnym.com
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 6:59 AM - 23 January, 2013
And hell, how can I be mad at AKIEM? We're up here tryin' to get the brotha a JOB.... :-)
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 7:31 AM - 23 January, 2013
And oh, until next time....

www.djjohnnym.com
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 7:32 AM - 23 January, 2013
DeezNotes 11:28 AM - 23 January, 2013
For real guys.. I'm friends with both of you. Stop. If you want to continue arguing at least do it in another thread or in private. Its kind of disrespectful to DJ Cs and all the people following this thread.

Both of you are decent people as you are DJs. After all these years you should have figured out how to prevent this kind of bickering. None of this is helpful to this discussion.
nik39 12:12 PM - 23 January, 2013
You're correct, Deez. This is unrespectful. This thread is about

Alchimie Zinc.

Sorry for going offtopic.
VDJ ASTRO 7:12 AM - 24 January, 2013
i say we all get a free code for customer service sake if we saw this at say starbucks we would get free vouchers lol just sayin :)
djvtyme85 2:07 AM - 25 January, 2013
Lmao! (Grabs popcorn)
DJ Quartz 6:58 AM - 25 January, 2013
Just so I'm not mistaken, in reading DJ C's responses.... It's not possible to mimic the folder structure without your crates being put into a crate currently?

For example,

I have my main folder scratchlive_songs and inside this folder I have all my genre sub-folders, etc.

If I set scratchlive_songs as my media root, Alchemie shows all the folders.

Now if I sync, instead of just creating all the crates from the folder structure for the db, it put everything inside a scratchlive_songs crates.

This is not what I want, but it seems to be the current default behavior.

If I used a tool like Itch Sync, it mirrors the folder structure for the db correctly
DJ Cs 12:39 PM - 25 January, 2013
Quote:
Just so I'm not mistaken, in reading DJ C's responses.... It's not possible to mimic the folder structure without your crates being put into a crate currently?

For example,

I have my main folder scratchlive_songs and inside this folder I have all my genre sub-folders, etc.

If I set scratchlive_songs as my media root, Alchemie shows all the folders.

Now if I sync, instead of just creating all the crates from the folder structure for the db, it put everything inside a scratchlive_songs crates.

This is not what I want, but it seems to be the current default behavior.

If I used a tool like Itch Sync, it mirrors the folder structure for the db correctly

Alchimie Zinc will mimic the exact structure you have on your hard drive, exactly like itch sync.
Example...if folder structure is ...
Scratch_live
|
Genres
|
R&B
|
Classics
|Aretha Franklin

If you added the media root Scratch_live,after syncing it would create a crate called Scratch_live with 4 subcrates...Genres,R&B, Classics, Aretha Franklin nested into each other exactly like on your hard drive.

If you have songs in the folder called Scratch_live, it will only put those songs in that crate when synced. If Aretha franklin is the only subfolder on your HD that contains music, it will be the only nested subcrate that has music after syncing.

If you dont want to add the top media root like Scratch_live, just drag one of the subfolders to the Alchimie Sync window and it will only create a crate for that.

Keep in mind with drag and drop, you can select hundreds of individual folders and drag them into the sync window at once and it will create crates of those folders and their subfolders.
DJ Quartz 1:51 PM - 25 January, 2013
Then my interpretation of how the application works is incorrect.

How it should work is, you set the parent folder that stores the folders you want to mirror.

ie: scratchlive_songs

It shouldn't create a crate called scratchlive_songs and put all the folders inside.

It should mirror everything inside scratchlive_songs for the database sync.

That is how itch sync currently works, you tell it what folder contains the music and it mirrors everything inside that folder.
DJ Cs 4:14 PM - 25 January, 2013
Quote:
Then my interpretation of how the application works is incorrect.

How it should work is, you set the parent folder that stores the folders you want to mirror.

ie: scratchlive_songs

It shouldn't create a crate called scratchlive_songs and put all the folders inside.

It should mirror everything inside scratchlive_songs for the database sync.

That is how itch sync currently works, you tell it what folder contains the music and it mirrors everything inside that folder.

I see.
No, it will also create the scratchlive_songs crate.

If you just want to ignore scratchlive_songs and grab everything else beneath it, just highlight all of those in your windows explorer or Mac finder and drag them all to the sync window.
Quick and efficient....unless I'm still not getting your point.

Check out video #3 located here: alchimiedj.com
DJ Quartz 4:18 PM - 25 January, 2013
Ok I will give that a try and see the results.

Thanks
DJ Quartz 4:20 PM - 25 January, 2013
Once I do that, then I should be able to add new tracks to their appropriate folders and just click sync to update the crates.

Correct?
DJ Cs 4:32 PM - 25 January, 2013
Yes. that's it.

Alchimie Zinc will keep the structure you had last, so you just need to open the program and click "Synchronize Crates".
DJ Quartz 9:02 PM - 25 January, 2013
It works the way we just discussed but I found a bug. My Latin crate causes the sync process to hang.

I removed the the db file alchimie file so I could start from scratch and didn't add the Latin folder.

The sync progress was super quick. Itch sync doesn't have a problem with the Latin folder when I compared.
DJ Cs 11:50 AM - 26 January, 2013
Quote:
It works the way we just discussed but I found a bug. My Latin crate causes the sync process to hang.

I removed the the db file alchimie file so I could start from scratch and didn't add the Latin folder.

The sync progress was super quick. Itch sync doesn't have a problem with the Latin folder when I compared.

Please report this to support, so we can work with you to see exactly what is hanging your sync.
DJ Quartz 2:56 PM - 26 January, 2013
Working with support to iron out the issue. Thanks
DJ Quartz 1:43 AM - 27 January, 2013
A search function would be good, then you could check your collection outside of SSL.
DJ Cs 4:54 AM - 27 January, 2013
Quote:
A search function would be good, then you could check your collection outside of SSL.

In the works.
DJ Quartz 5:40 PM - 27 January, 2013
Nice!
DJ_X_Trodinaire 1:44 AM - 1 February, 2013
New versions up :)

alchimiedj.com

Whats new in Alchimie Zinc™ Version 1.1.207 (Current Release)

Native Instrument’s Traktor 2.6 compatibility: After many requests from the Traktor community, Alchimie Zinc™ now syncs to “Music folders” in Traktor.

Note: “Import Music folder at startup” must be selected in Traktor configuration to view the synced folders.

Dynamic Preview: You can now preview the selected song or multiple songs at once within Alchimie Zinc™. Previewing multiple songs allows for comparison of loudness and frequency information. With Java 7 or above, the preview will show a dynamic Decibel/Frequency chart while playing. This allows the DJ to compare volume levels of the selected songs to ensure it is not to loud or lower than expected. The frequency display allows the DJ to recognize elements of the song to be equalized or the range to be eliminated to produce an effect. NOTE: WAV, AIFF, MP3, MP4, AAC, OGG Vorbis, FLAC, non-DRM WMA (Windows only) and Apple Lossless (ALAC) formats are supported for Java 7, Java 6 allows preview of Mp3 only.
Large library Sync: Alchimie Zinc™ can handle larger libraries of media across multiple drives and sync them to the correct locations. For example, you can drag folders/directories from five different drives to the sync window and sync to all locations…. simultaneously. Alchimie Zinc™ will sync and create the necessary Serato structure across all 5 drives.
DJ Quartz 3:33 AM - 1 February, 2013
The new version seems to have some graphical glitches.
DJ Cs 5:23 AM - 1 February, 2013
Quote:
The new version seems to have some graphical glitches.

Please report them to us on support and we will check it out.
PorkyG 8:16 AM - 1 February, 2013
Is there no way to just pick the folder layout we want? I have way too many folders because I separate my folders as such;
Mainstream/Rap/Artist/songname.mp3

I don't want the folders in Serato to have the Artist folder as it would create way too many folders because I also keep folders with the same artist that features another artist separately.

Example: If I have songs with Tupac alone then it goes in a folder Tupac but if I have a folder Tupac feat. Dr.Dre that's a separate folder. I keep them separate just to make it easier to find exactly what I am looking for in other programs.
DJ Cs 2:39 PM - 2 February, 2013
Right now, Alchimie Zinc is designed to mirror the HD structure or more to the point...grab a folder and all it's subdirectories and create crates and subcrates from that.

If you just want a particular folder, you will have to select that and drag to the sync window in AZ.
Dj Wunder 12:48 AM - 4 March, 2013
Just downloaded the trial, and I can't select my external drive as a root source (the external is actually installed in my opti-bay, and I keep all music/video there)

Is there something I'm doing wrong? Or is this program not meant for my situation?

To be specific, I'm moving from my old mac, which uses 2 drives, to a new mac, where everything will be on the one main internal drive. Can I use Alchemie zinc to migrate over without losing my crate structures?
DJ Quartz 12:15 PM - 4 March, 2013
@ Wunder

When I got my mac, I was testing the second drive by just letting SSL read the _serato_ folder until I got my optibay kit.

Once I installed it, SSL just read my _serato_ from the second drive no problem. Then I pointed Alchemie to this same folder.

Then I opened the drive in the finder and dragged all the folders I wanted to sync over to Alchemie.

.....and voila
Dj Wunder 2:09 AM - 5 March, 2013
Thanks Quartz I'll try that!

So are you able to see the _Serato_ folder on your second drive in Alchemie?
DJ Cs 3:26 AM - 5 March, 2013
Yes, Dj Quartz has it right. You should be able to see it if the mac recognizes it correctly.
DJ Cs 3:32 AM - 5 March, 2013
Don't forget to check out the video contest to win great prizes. It would be great to see how u guys are using the program to prepare for a gig and solve other problems.

You guys would be surprised to see who is using the program to prepare for a gig.
DJ Quartz 6:30 AM - 5 March, 2013
It's an awesome tool DJ C!

I use Alchimie + Dr. Tag and I'm good, especially since the tracks I get now are pre-analyzed.
Dj Wunder 8:02 AM - 5 March, 2013
Quote:
@ Wunder

When I got my mac, I was testing the second drive by just letting SSL read the _serato_ folder until I got my optibay kit.

Once I installed it, SSL just read my _serato_ from the second drive no problem. Then I pointed Alchemie to this same folder.

Then I opened the drive in the finder and dragged all the folders I wanted to sync over to Alchemie.

.....and voila

I'm having a hard time having pointing Alchemie to the _Serato_ folder on my 2nd drive. It doesn't show up in the drop down menu when I'm Adding a media root. Am I missing something? Just I just drag and drop the folder or files on to the GUI?
DJ Quartz 8:09 AM - 5 March, 2013
Go into the preferences and set it to the _serato_ folder on your second drive. Then open up that drive and drag the folders over that you want to sync.
DJ Cs 1:38 PM - 5 March, 2013
Quote:
It's an awesome tool DJ C!

I use Alchimie + Dr. Tag and I'm good, especially since the tracks I get now are pre-analyzed.

Nice, can you post a video of how you use it ?
DJ Quartz 1:40 PM - 5 March, 2013
I'll work on that.
DJ Cs 1:41 PM - 5 March, 2013
Sounds good.
DJ Jazzy-Lu 5:57 PM - 5 March, 2013
Having a little problem with this program, it seems not to keep my crates in order. The root drive list is correct. I even reinstalled itch and started fresh, still had the same problem. I wish the trial version was not limited I would have noticed this and not paid for the program. At least I got 30% off with a Facebook like.
DJ Quartz 6:17 PM - 5 March, 2013
If it's changing the order of your crates, definitely file a support request for this.

I actually wanted to request this feature for SSL/ITCH/DJ or if alchimie could do it that would help.
DJ Jazzy-Lu 6:29 PM - 5 March, 2013
Request sent. I hope they can fix it or tell me what I am doing wrong. If not its back to manual work
DJ Quartz 6:35 PM - 5 March, 2013
They should be able to help you out.
DJ Cs 6:44 PM - 5 March, 2013
Quote:
Request sent. I hope they can fix it or tell me what I am doing wrong. If not its back to manual work

We will contact you shortly on this. Just as an fyi, the order.prefs file keeps the sort order in Serato. You can rename this file and it should put it in alphabetical order.
Also make sure you are using the newest version with the latest java version.
Dj Wunder 4:19 AM - 6 March, 2013
Quote:
Go into the preferences and set it to the _serato_ folder on your second drive. Then open up that drive and drag the folders over that you want to sync.

Aha. The missing link. Cheers Quartz!
DJ Jazzy-Lu 5:48 PM - 6 March, 2013
I downloaded the software on Sat so it should be the latest and also java is up to date. I tried renaming the pref file. so it will make a new one. That was of no help. Once I stopped using the program and just drag the folders to itch (from files in itch to the all section for crates). I have not had a problem. Which leads me to believe the issue is with within Zinc
DJ Quartz 10:49 AM - 7 March, 2013
Feature request, allow us to set a serato and traktor folder path that way we can sync either database.

That would be a very powerful feature for your application.
DJ Jazzy-Lu 5:56 PM - 7 March, 2013
Wow still no reply from Zinc. Shame it couldn't work for me, but I have no problem doing it manually. I remember carrying crates of records so moving a computer file is nothing. lol
DJ Cs 8:38 PM - 7 March, 2013
Quote:
Wow still no reply from Zinc. Shame it couldn't work for me, but I have no problem doing it manually. I remember carrying crates of records so moving a computer file is nothing. lol

Hmm....did you send a help request to our support? It would be very unusual that we didn't answer you there within the first day.

If not, please shoot an email to support and I will personally assist you.
DJ Cs 8:45 PM - 7 March, 2013
Quote:
Feature request, allow us to set a serato and traktor folder path that way we can sync either database.

That would be a very powerful feature for your application.

We will try to incorporate that in the next version. The Sheraton sync can largely ignore the folder path, as this new version will always sync back to the drive where the original file is located.

For example if you drag songs from an internal drive, an external drive A and external drive B, when synced will result in crates being created in the _Serato_ folder for each drive. The internal drive will only contain crates that have the original files on its drive, ext drive A will contain only crates where it's files resides and the same with ext drive B. you don't have to set the root path at all for this. The root path is really needed when determining what drive you want to contain backups, etc.
AKIEM 9:02 PM - 7 March, 2013
Quote:
I remember carrying crates of records so moving a computer file is nothing. lol

lol
DJ Jazzy-Lu 2:33 AM - 8 March, 2013
Just sent 2nd request for help. Hope this goes better.
DJ Quartz 1:27 PM - 8 March, 2013
Hey Jazzy-Lu what's going wrong?
DJ Jazzy-Lu 6:16 PM - 8 March, 2013
Hey Quartz.

First let me say I did a reply from Zinc. They will contact me today (fingers crossed).

The issue is when I use the program my crates do not stay in the order of the root drive.
I even uninstalled Itch and deleted all folders and the same problem. I didn't try reinstall Zinc, could it be that simple?
I get folders like coverart, stripes and transitions that I do not get when I dont use the program.
I am using windows, so I moved those folders from the folder with my tunes. (mymusic/dad jams then folders by artist or genre) so they are in mymusic but not dadjams. One folder starts with a number 3rdBass which should be first but not after I reopen.
I tried the itch trick of renaming the order file to old, then the system would make a new one, same issue
Josh218 12:27 AM - 9 March, 2013
DJ jazzy, I am having the same problem. I sent an email to support but no respond as yet. I hope they fix it
DJ Quartz 12:31 AM - 9 March, 2013
They are probably working it into the next build.
Dj Wunder 2:49 AM - 11 March, 2013
OK Alchemie is refusing to see the drive installed in my CD bay or my external. Is that a limitation of the trial version? I'd keep battling with it but I'm starting to understand that this program will only reorganize my files based on my crate structure (and create a massive amount of duplicate files in the process?) or create a crate structure based on my music folders, neither of which are my desired outcomes, so I'm throwing in the towel. If I'm wrong in about any of this, please let me know
VDJ ASTRO 3:48 AM - 11 March, 2013
Ok I've had this program for a while now and is f@&$! Simple ass hell "really" I don't know how this thread is this way. If you can use Serato you can use this program external or internal, no problems I got my whole music and video library organized with mixed in key and alchemie, with no problem.
DJ Cs 4:25 AM - 11 March, 2013
Quote:
OK Alchemie is refusing to see the drive installed in my CD bay or my external. Is that a limitation of the trial version?

Drives on a Mac are located under the volumes folder.
Dj Wunder 5:01 AM - 11 March, 2013
Quote:
Ok I've had this program for a while now and is f@&$! Simple ass hell "really" I don't know how this thread is this way. If you can use Serato you can use this program external or internal, no problems I got my whole music and video library organized with mixed in key and alchemie, with no problem.

Thanks.

Quote:

Drives on a Mac are located under the volumes folder.

When I try to import a database or add a music root or configure the Serato root directory, my options are the Home folder, the Users folder, and the internal hard drive. My 2nd drive does not show up.
Dj Wunder 5:02 AM - 11 March, 2013
Neither does a volumes folder
VDJ ASTRO 6:52 AM - 11 March, 2013
Ill post a fnn video tomorrow I'm too drunk right now so tomorrow ill show you how I do it
Dj Wunder 8:42 PM - 11 March, 2013
Quote:
Ill post a fnn video tomorrow I'm too drunk right now so tomorrow ill show you how I do it

That would be great thanks
DJ Quartz 9:10 PM - 11 March, 2013
Post screenshots, it's very easy to do. Something is not right.
Dj Wunder 9:21 PM - 11 March, 2013
Quote:
Post screenshots, it's very easy to do. Something is not right.

Well I just switched from the default theme to the HiFi theme, and voila the selection window is totally different! I've been in contact with Alchimie support to let them know about the bug, and now I can finally navigate to my 2nd drive!
DJ Quartz 9:23 PM - 11 March, 2013
Ok cool, I knew something was off.
DJ Jazzy-Lu 11:48 PM - 11 March, 2013
I got a reply from Zinc asking for screen shots of hard drive and of itch after a sync with Zinc. One question, is should I start with no database in itch
DJ Jazzy-Lu 1:16 AM - 12 March, 2013
I appreciate all the hard work that has gone into this product, to give us something Serato just wont. I dont understand the lack of many features in Serato. I was a VDJ user, which update crates very easy, and you can broadcast. What is the issue Serato.
I basic need of being able to sync your crates and hard drive is too much work or too hard that users need to do it.
Dj Wunder 3:16 AM - 12 March, 2013
I'd like to get a final answer on this one question: If you're songs are in multiple crates, does that create multiple copies of the file on your hard drive?
DJ Cs 2:16 PM - 12 March, 2013
Quote:
I appreciate all the hard work that has gone into this product, to give us something Serato just wont. I dont understand the lack of many features in Serato. I was a VDJ user, which update crates very easy, and you can broadcast. What is the issue Serato.
I basic need of being able to sync your crates and hard drive is too much work or too hard that users need to do it.

Thanks, were working on this everyday to improve it.
DJ Cs 2:25 PM - 12 March, 2013
Quote:
I'd like to get a final answer on this one question: If you're songs are in multiple crates, does that create multiple copies of the file on your hard drive?

No.....Alchimie Zinc only creates crates with the songs exactly like they are on your hard drive. No duplicates created in other crates.

Alchimie Zinc only syncs one way, Files on hard drive to create crates.

The exception is if you use the "Import" feature in combination with "Copy to device" feature.

This combination has the ability to write back out crates to an alternate directory or external drive, thus creating folders from your crates.

However, in no combination will Alchimie Zinc write multiple song files to multiple crates or folders on your hard drive.

Serato has a database type structure that allows the same song on your drive to be in multiple folders, this is not allowed when Alchimie Zinc syncs, as it only sees the one location that the original file is located and only creates that crate.

This is a long way to answer your question, but hopefully you understand how it functions a little better.
DJ Cs 2:33 PM - 12 March, 2013
Quote:

Don't forget to enter the video contest to have a chance to win a numark Orbit and other prizes.

It would be great to see how you guys are using it with Serato.
VDJ ASTRO 9:25 PM - 12 March, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

Don't forget to enter the video contest to have a chance to win a numark Orbit and other prizes.

It would be great to see how you guys are using it with Serato.

Sorry guys I know I said I would post a video but haven had time now.
VDJ ASTRO 10:06 PM - 12 March, 2013
youtu.be here's the video i promised this is the way i sync my internal and external drive folders with alchemie to serato.
DJ Quartz 10:07 PM - 12 March, 2013
I'll try and do a video this weekend.
Dj Wunder 11:01 PM - 12 March, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

No.....Alchimie Zinc only creates crates with the songs exactly like they are on your hard drive. No duplicates created in other crates.

Alchimie Zinc only syncs one way, Files on hard drive to create crates...

This is exactly the information I was looking for, thanks!
Dj Wunder 11:06 PM - 12 March, 2013
Quote:
youtu.be here's the video i promised this is the way i sync my internal and external drive folders with alchemie to serato.

Thanks Astro, I guess I'm just a visual person, this is all perfectly clear now
VDJ ASTRO 11:14 PM - 12 March, 2013
Your welcome Dj Wunder, glad I could help.
forty 2:35 AM - 13 March, 2013
I've been through the tutorials in the past and can't remember if I got a definite answer, so my question is...

When I run Alchimie Zinc and sync my HD folder structure with SSL, if I delete something off the HD (folder and or file) will that delete out of SSL the next time I sync with AZ?

ATM, I use the ITCH Sync Java app. It all works great, except for the above. The old folder and or file with always be present in SSL after I re-sync with the app. Obviously if I delete the file from my HD, it will be missing and red in SSL, but the entry is still there.

I'd love if this wasn't the case in Alchimie Zinc.
Dj Wunder 2:36 AM - 13 March, 2013
Quote:
I've been through the tutorials in the past and can't remember if I got a definite answer, so my question is...

When I run Alchimie Zinc and sync my HD folder structure with SSL, if I delete something off the HD (folder and or file) will that delete out of SSL the next time I sync with AZ?

ATM, I use the ITCH Sync Java app. It all works great, except for the above. The old folder and or file with always be present in SSL after I re-sync with the app. Obviously if I delete the file from my HD, it will be missing and red in SSL, but the entry is still there.

From what I now understand, I think you will be happy
DJ Cs 2:30 PM - 13 March, 2013
Quote:

This is correct. AZ, keeps a list of the crates you last synced, so all you need to do is open AZ and just hit sync. You may need to have "overwrite crates" turned on to have it remove any missing crates or songs you deleted from your drive.

Please keep in mind when you select "overwrite crates" in the config, it will change the "Date Added" column to today's date. So keep "overwrite crates" turned off unless you don't care about that field.
DJ Cs 2:42 PM - 13 March, 2013
Quote:

Great video !!
FYI..the new version does not require you to pick the default root to sync correctly back to each drive. The default root is now mainly to select the default backup location,etc.

Try dragging directories from different drives..Without changing the default root folder...you will see that it syncs back to each drive correctly.

Also to make things faster and easier, use drag and drop from the finder or explorer into the AZ sync window rather than using the slower menu method.

VDJ Astro and DJ Quartz, please submit your videos to our video contest on Facebook as well. We just need it to show at least three features with sync being one of them.

Anxious to give away the Numark Orbit when it is released.

Thanks guys.
VDJ ASTRO 9:40 PM - 13 March, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

Great video !!
FYI..the new version does not require you to pick the default root to sync correctly back to each drive. The default root is now mainly to select the default backup location,etc.

Try dragging directories from different drives..Without changing the default root folder...you will see that it syncs back to each drive correctly.

Also to make things faster and easier, use drag and drop from the finder or explorer into the AZ sync window rather than using the slower menu method.

VDJ Astro and DJ Quartz, please submit your videos to our video contest on Facebook as well. We just need it to show at least three features with sync being one of them.

Anxious to give away the Numark Orbit when it is released.

Thanks guys.

This is even easier thanks, I posted my vid on AZ Facebook page is that how I enter for the contest?
forty 1:08 AM - 14 March, 2013
Quote:
Please keep in mind when you select "overwrite crates" in the config, it will change the "Date Added" column to today's date. So keep "overwrite crates" turned off unless you don't care about that field.

OK. This is the same issue I have with Itch Sync. If I go into my ALL crate in SSL and delete everything, run Itch Sync, everything is exactly mirrored to my HD layout BUT my date added fields are reset. If I don't delete the ALL crate, my date added remains intact but any folders I delete off my HD are still visible in SSL.

Is their anyway your app can overcome this or is it just a limitation of having to work around SSL's database?

Ideally, I'd like to prevent the date added field from being reset.

Thanks.
VDJ ASTRO 2:44 AM - 14 March, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

OK. This is the same issue I have with Itch Sync. If I go into my ALL crate in SSL and delete everything, run Itch Sync, everything is exactly mirrored to my HD layout BUT my date added fields are reset. If I don't delete the ALL crate, my date added remains intact but any folders I delete off my HD are still visible in SSL.

Is their anyway your app can overcome this or is it just a limitation of having to work around SSL's database?

Ideally, I'd like to prevent the date added field from being reset.

Thanks.

Once you have your crates synced you shouldn't over write crates you should only sync them this will keep your dates added as the day you synced the library. And nothing would be reset. Of course once you delete a crate you are also deleting the id3tags there for once you re sync you have to re analyse your library.
Hope I answered your question
forty 2:49 AM - 14 March, 2013
But if I don't overwrite crates, delete something off my HD, that file link will still exist in SSL.

Therein lies the problem.
VDJ ASTRO 3:03 AM - 14 March, 2013
That is true, the only way I think you can delete the file from setato and your hard drive is to do it from within Serato itself, you can delete permanently from both library and hard drive. Depending on what you use pc or Mac just click on the question mark on top and it will show you what keys to hit. I'm sure you ca delete permanently with AZ also but I honestly never delete songs cause if I don't need them I don't download them so every song that's in my library is eighther a hit or was requested at one point.
forty 3:07 AM - 14 March, 2013
Sometimes I edit a song and no longer need the original or sometimes I rename folders and sub crates. Having to manually delete the files is less of an issue as I can do what you suggested, but the folder that's been deleted will still remain in SSL and that is a bit of a pain.

I don't think there is a way to overcome this without Serato developing their own HD to SSL database importer.

I'd rather not lose the date added. Did that the first time I used Itch Sync and I still regret it to this day. Unless I start typing the date added into the comments field, but that's another loooooong process which I'd like to avoid.

Cheers for the suggestions/comments though. :)
DJ Cs 5:21 PM - 14 March, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
youtu.be here's the video i promised this is the way i sync my internal and external drive folders with alchemie

Thanks guys.

This is even easier thanks, I posted my vid on AZ Facebook page is that how I enter for the contest?

There is a video contest Tab on the Facebook homepage that will take you to the page to enter the contest.
DJ Jazzy-Lu 4:27 PM - 17 March, 2013
No reply from Zinc in 6 days. Can I just get a refund
Dj Nyce 6:21 PM - 17 March, 2013
Quote:
No reply from Zinc in 6 days. Can I just get a refund

impatient.com

the guys over at az are a small outfit. it's not farfetched that they are behind on emails. give them a break.

what problems are you having. maybe somebody on this thread can help you out.
DJ Quartz 11:13 PM - 17 March, 2013
I have a question on the Traktor side actually. I'm trying to do a sync for Traktor and I pick the folder with collection.nml but it doesn't seem to do anything.
DJ Quartz 11:56 PM - 17 March, 2013
I figured it out, but the Traktor sync is not a complete solution.

Right now you get the folders under the explorer node, which is alright I guess.

However, the true solution should be that the playlist node is populated with playlists (crates) that match the folders.
DJ Jazzy-Lu 4:57 PM - 18 March, 2013
DJ Nyce. I did put may issue out there but will do it again.

My crates are not in order after using Zinc. The root drive is correct but not in itch. They did ask for screenshots which was the last email. My question back to them was if I needed to start off with itch like there was no data base and then use Zinc
VDJ ASTRO 10:48 PM - 18 March, 2013
Quote:
I figured it out, but the Traktor sync is not a complete solution.

Right now you get the folders under the explorer node, which is alright I guess.

However, the true solution should be that the playlist node is populated with playlists (crates) that match the folders.

doesnt tracktor have a root menu with all of your serato crates already, its justblike virtual dj but fancy, i believe you dont even need AZ cause if you do it with serato you can see your crates on the side it will show all folders.
DJ Quartz 1:41 PM - 23 March, 2013
If you drag from Serato to Traktor I believe it can create playlists that way.

However, that should happen in the sync process.

I just upgraded my gateway device yesterday and I have everything set the way I want now

It's VERY, VERY easy to download tracks, tag them with Dr. Tag over the network, move them to their folders and then sync with Alchimie.

I will try and record a video over the weekend.
DJ Quartz 4:18 AM - 24 March, 2013
Ok, I did a raw video and decided to upload it for informational purposes.

I probably won't win an award from the video but it will let you know the deal.
DJ Quartz 4:44 AM - 24 March, 2013
Ok I'm uploading the video now, it's going to take awhile.
DJ Quartz 6:47 AM - 24 March, 2013
Here it is... youtu.be
VDJ ASTRO 7:27 PM - 24 March, 2013
Nice vid bro I use mixed in key along with AZ, and Dr tag cool set up too.
LilSwann 12:24 AM - 25 March, 2013
Quote:
Here it is... youtu.be

Awesome video Quartz that Dr. Tag program is amazing!!! I wish they had something like that for Mac.....unless anybody knows of doug scripts in iTunes that can do the same things???
DJ Quartz 12:39 AM - 25 March, 2013
Well if we could find someone who is really good with Wine Bottler we could get it on Mac.

I tried but I'm doing something wrong.
DJ Quartz 12:39 AM - 25 March, 2013
Thanks for the feedback guys!
DJ Cs 5:17 PM - 25 March, 2013
Great video DJ Quartz and thanks for your feedback on AZ.

Just to give you and the forum a sneak peek, we have Itunes and traktor playlists on the very near horizon.

I'm starting to sound like a broken record here...edit your video to include two other features and shorten to under 7 minutes then Enter our video contest on our facebook page.

Really like your explanation of your use of the program.
DJ Jazzy-Lu 5:24 PM - 25 March, 2013
So I guess he has the hard drives sync somewhere from the windows to the mac. Or is that something in Zinc that I have not found, since I stll cant get it to work
DJ Cs 5:29 PM - 25 March, 2013
Quote:
So I guess he has the hard drives sync somewhere from the windows to the mac. Or is that something in Zinc that I have not found, since I stll cant get it to work

I would like to remote into your system to assist you with this. Send an email asap to our support email with your availability today or tomorrow.

We have asked for screenshots to try to see your configuration, but this may be easier.
DJ Quartz 3:30 AM - 26 March, 2013
Ok, I have finished editing the video. Sharing soon.
DJ Quartz 4:14 AM - 26 March, 2013
Here goes.... Watchwww.youtube.com
MISTER RIPPER 6:10 PM - 27 March, 2013
good vid quartz

i bought AZ but stop using it afther it changed my song order in my crates... have they fixed that yet ?
DJ Quartz 7:44 PM - 27 March, 2013
Haven't got word on that yet.
PorkyG 7:51 PM - 27 March, 2013
I bought it and stopped using it when it decided to copy my folder structure instead of giving me the option to create folders the way I want them created. It ended up creating over 4,000 folders in SSL and made my SSL drag when loading.
DJ Quartz 7:55 PM - 27 March, 2013
You have to be careful and read the instructions.

If you just drag all the folders into it, it will do a 1-1 mirror of everything you put in there.
DJ Jazzy-Lu 5:01 PM - 28 March, 2013
It seems I am not the only one with the problem of crates being out of order after sync. Is it a bug with the PC version. Those with the Mac version, is anyone having this issue?
VDJ ASTRO 7:43 PM - 28 March, 2013
Quote:
It seems I am not the only one with the problem of crates being out of order after sync. Is it a bug with the PC version. Those with the Mac version, is anyone having this issue?

I think the support team said they would remotely help you have you tried that yet? Other wise try what Dj Quarts described above
Quote:
You have to be careful and read the instructions.

If you just drag all the folders into it, it will do a 1-1 mirror of everything you put in there.
DJ Jazzy-Lu 1:04 PM - 29 March, 2013
I sent support an email with my times of availability, but no reply.
If I am gonna have to drag folders each time I add a song or change something what is the point of the program
DJ Jazzy-Lu 2:55 PM - 29 March, 2013
Maybe someone here can give me a step by step. I dont think I did anything wrong but anything can happen once. lol

I am more then willing to delete my itch database and start over, losing all my date added information, that is not important to me
Funkytownstopsix 3:09 PM - 29 March, 2013
FYI you can copy your data base delete and bring it back to life if you want to play around. I havent download this app yet waiting to hear some it's worth the money post. If DJ NYCE says its a good thing then I am willing to give it a try.
DJ Quartz 3:55 PM - 29 March, 2013
Don't delete anything yet...

@ DJ C's, there needs to be an option added such as Keep folder order in the settings section. That way when the database is built, it will inject the data into the serato db exactly as it was previously in the file.
DJ Quartz 3:56 PM - 29 March, 2013
Is anyone using this with Smart Crates?

I'm thinking I should convert all my crates to smart crates that way when I could technically dynamically update SSL without closing and re-opening.

No?
DJ Quartz 4:14 PM - 29 March, 2013
Feature Request - Clean Duplicate Entries
Dj Nyce 7:40 PM - 29 March, 2013
Quote:
Is anyone using this with Smart Crates?

I'm thinking I should convert all my crates to smart crates that way when I could technically dynamically update SSL without closing and re-opening.

No?

yes smart crates will dynamically update, but you need to close/re-open ssl for new tracks to be made available.

without closing ssl, smart crates will only see changes made to tags and reflect tracks that have been deleted from the library.
DJ Quartz 7:56 PM - 29 March, 2013
So it's no different than regular crates in that regard.

I was looking for the magic 'Refresh Crates' function that would eliminate the shutdown/reload step.

Imagine that, perfect!

*cough* *cough*.... Hey programmers!

:)
VDJ ASTRO 2:23 AM - 30 March, 2013
Wow this seems like the program is so difficult yet I find it so simple I love it am I missing something ?
DJ Quartz 6:15 PM - 30 March, 2013
@ VDJ Astro

What I'm referring to is having to shutdown ssl/itch for synchronization. If there was a way to convert crates into smart crates and be able to update them with a function within SSL that would be handy.

That way you could sync in Alchimie and refresh in SSL.

Badda boom badda bing....
VDJ ASTRO 9:25 PM - 30 March, 2013
Quote:
@ VDJ Astro

What I'm referring to is having to shutdown ssl/itch for synchronization. If there was a way to convert crates into smart crates and be able to update them with a function within SSL that would be handy.

That way you could sync in Alchimie and refresh in SSL.

Badda boom badda bing....

I see what you mean but it would be even better if your music folders would appear in serato just like they do in Traktor and virtual Dj , then I don't see the need for all this extra work, all your music would show up without having to re- crate any of it the only handy button then would be the analyse button
DJ Quartz 6:46 AM - 1 April, 2013
Well, it depends on your structure. My folders have always been setup the way I want my playlists/crates to be listed.
DJ Cs 3:28 PM - 3 April, 2013
I wanted to personally congratulate DJ Quartz for winning the Alchimie Video contest and winning a Numark Orbit. Video located here:

Second Congratulations goes out to VDJ Astro for second place and winning a Decksaver Hardware Cover.
DJ Quartz 3:32 PM - 3 April, 2013
Thanks DJ CS, I appreciate it!

I think the link is missing in the post. :)
DJ Quartz 3:40 PM - 3 April, 2013
Congrats to VDJ Astro as well
DJ Cs 3:51 PM - 3 April, 2013
Quote:
Thanks DJ CS, I appreciate it!

I think the link is missing in the post. :)

You are correct.

Here is the Link to DJ Quartz's winning Video : youtu.be

Link to VDJ Astro second place video: youtu.be
DJ Quartz 4:10 PM - 3 April, 2013
We had fun shooting the video originally and I thought what heck why not enter.

I didn't think about winning anything when we did this. Hopefully it can help give people ideas on how they can use Alchimie Zinc with various tools and we can continue to
improve the application to make track management chores much easier.

Thanks again to the Alchimie team, it's a great product and I'm glad to be a part of it.

DJ Quartz
DJ Jazzy-Lu 4:45 PM - 3 April, 2013
Maybe you can help me with my crate order issue. lol
DJ Quartz 5:24 PM - 3 April, 2013
Did anyone ever get back to you on this?
VDJ ASTRO 5:32 PM - 3 April, 2013
Cool thanks AZ and congrats Dj Quartz. How do I claim my prize? :)
DJ Cs 5:40 PM - 3 April, 2013
Quote:

goto alchimiedj.com and contact support about your prize.
DJ Cs 5:42 PM - 3 April, 2013
Quote:

support@alchimiedj.com
VDJ ASTRO 5:51 PM - 3 April, 2013
Thanks Guys you're the best
DJ Quartz 8:13 PM - 3 April, 2013
Cheers!
DJ Jazzy-Lu 12:15 AM - 4 April, 2013
I get emails about my available time. I reply but i get no replay back. Its not worth it to me. I will take it as a lost. at least I didn't pay full price
DJ Jazzy-Lu 12:30 AM - 11 April, 2013
I did receive a refund for the product which is great as i am not comfortable given access to my computer
LilSwann 7:18 PM - 19 April, 2013
Read through the forum but didn't see an answer to this question.....Is there anything special that needs to done with AZ if I move files around? I notice that if I move a file from a folder to a different location it will re-import the file again with a new date added which then creates doubles in my SSL library. Does the program not follow if I just move a file even if it's within the same root folder?
LilSwann 7:19 PM - 19 April, 2013
^^^^Not sure how that double post happen sorry.
LilSwann 7:31 PM - 7 May, 2013
Quote:
Read through the forum but didn't see an answer to this question.....Is there anything special that needs to done with AZ if I move files around? I notice that if I move a file from a folder to a different location it will re-import the file again with a new date added which then creates doubles in my SSL library. Does the program not follow if I just move a file even if it's within the same root folder?

Any answer to this?
VDJ ASTRO 9:14 PM - 7 May, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

Any answer to this?

try moving files from within ssl otherwise youre re arranging your library.
LilSwann 4:57 AM - 8 May, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Any answer to this?

try moving files from within ssl otherwise youre re arranging your library.

^^^this works thanks!!!! :)
VDJ ASTRO 3:01 PM - 8 May, 2013
Your welcome
DJ Quartz 6:41 PM - 8 May, 2013
Make sure to clean out all the duplicate and missing files as well.

Your DB will load much faster
edlopez 2:21 PM - 7 November, 2015
Downloaded the paid version now I'm having trouble with my crates. Some of my previous crates won't let me click on them. Also, I can't move files over from one folder to another like I used to in serato. The moving files in serato doesn't work. Lastly, I can't delete tracks from crates, I have to delete from the drive. Cant go back to what it was like before syncing crates. HELP!
Konix 3:11 PM - 7 November, 2015
Did you check the "Auto Backup before Sync" in Alchemie? This should create a backup _Serato_ folder before you did anything.
edlopez 1:29 PM - 9 November, 2015
I did check it. now deleted my _Serato_ and the back up folder because of how many issues it was causing and will be trying to get a refund. All this did was create errors in my hard drive and corrupted it.
DJ_Smokey 3:22 PM - 13 June, 2017
Hey guys,

How long after paying did you get the product activation code?
I paid last night, got a confirmation from paypal but I haven't seen the product activation email since.

I'm anxious to start organizing my library!

I got an autoresponse acknowledgement from support@alchimidiedj.com. That's it. Nothing else :(