DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Your thoughts on the Behringer DDM4000

bboysupafly 1:00 AM - 18 March, 2008
Just glanced to see if behringer had any new mixers coming and it seems they have this 4 channel mixer with a nice lcd screen to load effects. I read the manual and noticed you can use the buttons as midi and trust me...........this mixer has alot of buttons. It says it's a 32 bit mixer and 2 efx engines. I actually can't wait to play with it. but I wonder if the crossfader will be good enough to scratch with.

here is the official website
www.behringer.com

what are your thoughts on this mixer???
will it be worth the buy???
bboysupafly 1:04 AM - 18 March, 2008
the manual states that any stereo channel buttons/eq's/fader, sampler buttons, crossfader buttons/fader can be midi.

this could probably be a good asset to fit with serato.
Logisticalstyles 2:14 AM - 18 March, 2008
A lot of folks don't mess with Behringer. I however, think they make o.k. products. The DJX 700 or whatever they call it is actually a good mixer for under 200.00 The effects suck but other than that I have no complaints about it. I've used one for over a year now and the only thing that has gone wrong so far is the fader went out, and that was only 10 bucks to replace. If they improve on the effects then this new mixer might be worth the price. Whatever that may be.

"Get this deejaytal monster DDM4000 and become the star of the night!"
^^^This doesn't make me take them seriously however.^^^
lofty 2:59 AM - 18 March, 2008
um.
honstly - I chewed through 4-5 cheap mixers before I got my Empath - and I wish I just got the Empath first - it would have been cheaper.
But if you are just getting something for home, sure lay out a few bucks so you have a mixer. Just remember you gt what you pay for.

I have a rane Mojo that I installed at my bar 8years ago - other than being played on 5times a week, having candle wax melted over 1/2 the board(cleaned it off), I think a few drinks have been spilled on it, I know it has been beaten on, it is missing 2fader knobs - But still sounds as good as the day I put it in. If You buy something good it will last a LONG time -
Discobee 3:54 AM - 18 March, 2008
Price is right for a mid-level mixer that's feature filled. But........not very ergonomic in its design. Look at where the headphone jack is located at, right column in the middle. I can see problems with the cord getting in the way. Buttons are all over the board....too confusing in my opinion. Effects pane appears very confusing as well. It is essentially a DJM800 knockoff....looks nice but I wouldn't do it bboy.
djdragon 4:09 AM - 18 March, 2008
uhhhg 5 pin Din midi
Kadilac 4:57 AM - 18 March, 2008
I'm really thinking about trying it. If you get it from GC or Musicians Friend ($299:) you can always return it in 30-45 days if it's crap. I only play Hip-hop and Reggae now but I might be getting into EDM since this new club just called me. So I would like this option to use.
I think this is the only guy who has one of these!
Watchwww.youtube.com
Watchwww.youtube.com
bboysupafly 5:09 AM - 18 March, 2008
Yeah I would love to try it out.............buy it at quitar center and if I don't like it........I can return it.

It's listed on their website.

here it is
www.guitarcenter.com

Its available on 4/12/2008
Flipsta 5:13 PM - 18 March, 2008
Quote:
you can always return it in 30-45 days if it's crap.

Behringer makes crap, dont waste your time or money.
Logisticalstyles 5:58 PM - 18 March, 2008
I gotta diasgree on that one. I've used or owned a lot of thier products and I can only remember one that broke, and even then it was after a year of use and abuse. I've had 1 DJ mixer, a pair of the Truth monitors, and 3 mixers for my home studio. 2 of those mixers were another person's property and he took them back when we split ways. Even now they still work fine. I'm even going to buy another pair of Truth monitors next week.
Julls 6:01 PM - 18 March, 2008
Behringer amps are TANKS!
Flipsta 7:39 PM - 18 March, 2008
Their higher end stuff might be decent, but their low end stuff is just crap. You get what you pay for.
Kadilac 8:19 PM - 18 March, 2008
Quote:

+1
The Little Trooper 3:48 AM - 19 March, 2008
Quote:

Gotta +1 this also.

I hate on 99% of Behringer stuff.

But I think the following products are worth getting:

Truth monitors
DCX 2496 Ultradrive PA system processor
Europower amps
CT 100 Cable Tester
Dj BuddyLove 4:14 AM - 8 April, 2008
i just placed a order for the DDM 4000.
ive had my vestax pcv 275 for about 4 years and its been a piece 'o' shit since the day i bought it. donsnt have they functions i want.
if the ddm donst cut it. ill use it till i save for my A&H 3D and use this one for back up.
will let you all know more info about it later.
bboysupafly 3:54 PM - 8 April, 2008
where did you order it from??
Dj BuddyLove 11:54 PM - 8 April, 2008
I ordered it from Quality Electronics'
www.qualityelectronics.net

Yonni the owner is a good friend.

hooked me up w/ a killer deal
the ddm 4000 Plus 6 Adj Fusion Scans for 1,100.000 :)
Dj BuddyLove 11:59 PM - 8 April, 2008
sorry Adj Fusion Scan EX's
bboysupafly 6:00 AM - 9 April, 2008
the product isn't listed on their website...........its not even out in the states is it??
Dj BuddyLove 7:20 AM - 9 April, 2008
he told me he could order it..and i was like huh, i heard it wouldnt be avalible in the U.S. he called someone "hence" berhringer in front of me..thay said it will be avalible somtime between april 5 & 15 in the us. so dont worry about false rumors...so placed the order.

ohh and about his website he didnt even know about it!!! lol

when i was asking him about it..someone behind me was like yea i heard relly crazy things about that mixer..i asked sam ash & gc and nobody knows anything!!!
grotesque 11:13 AM - 9 April, 2008
Quote:

ive had my vestax pcv 275 for about 4 years and its been a piece 'o' shit since the day i bought it. donsnt have they functions i want.

why did you buy it if it didn't have the functions you wanted?

behringer dj mixers are cheap rip offs of good brands. they sound like trash and last about as long as a virgin first time round.
DJ.Sky 2:48 AM - 10 April, 2008
MY Discussion is, do you need the Serato hardware for the DDM 4000.
Some people say no and some say yes, i would like to know before buying this mixer.
dj_penguin 7:08 AM - 10 April, 2008
Quote:
i just placed a order for the DDM 4000.

Why keep a mixer without the functions you want for four years? Why even buy it in the first place? I had one of those mixers once, and it's a damn nice little unit for what it is. It's lacking some scratch features, but the kill switches make it awesome for hard house, NRG, D'n'B, and a lot of other styles of dance music. It has two line and one phono input per channel, and it's got great sound and smooth faders. In some ways I wish I hadn't sold mine.

Anyway, the point is that lacking features you want doesn't make something a piece of shit.
Dj BuddyLove 10:52 PM - 10 April, 2008
Quote:
Quote:

why did you buy it if it didn't have the functions you wanted?

behringer dj mixers are cheap rip offs of good brands. they sound like trash and last about as long as a virgin first time round.
really dont know why i bought it to tell you the truth. at the time just looked nice and was'nt working at the time and needed a mixer. i was a inpulse buy..i got it in downtown L.A. for penny's. it's nice yea!!! for tablist dj's small ect. but i need something bigger more channels & effect's. as dj_Penguin state yea!! the kill switch's are nice. thats what i liked most about the mixer. plus i relly dont like split cue. sorry thats just me. mabey its not a piece 'o' shit to sum but to me it is. period. and i have heard horror stories about behringer mixer's yes..but as stated above im saving for my A&H 3d..so in the meantime ill check this one out. if its cool fine if it sucks donkey balls. ohh well didnt loose much money. ill use it as a back-up. so i guess its my prefrence.
dj_elite 11:47 PM - 10 April, 2008
Quote:
MY Discussion is, do you need the Serato hardware for the DDM 4000.
Some people say no and some say yes, i would like to know before buying this mixer.

yes. the only mixer u dont need serato hardware for is the SL -57 because it has it built in.
dj_elite 11:48 PM - 10 April, 2008
TTM-57^^^
djjoefresh 5:35 PM - 30 April, 2008
Has anyone else gotten this mixer yet? I'm looking to do a mixer upgrade this summer and this was on PSSL's homepage. Looks like an amazing digital mixer with effects for much less money than say Denon or Pioneer. But I'd appreciate some opinions from people who have tried or own this one.

Thanks!
Dj BuddyLove 8:26 PM - 30 April, 2008
^^ill be getting mine next week. ill give you a run down (hopefully via youtube) once i get it...
bboysupafly 11:59 PM - 30 April, 2008
yeah i'm waiting for it too...........I ordered the midi to usb adapter on ebay for like $5
Dj BuddyLove 12:43 AM - 1 May, 2008
^could ya post a link im gonna need one also.

thanks
Dr. Vinyl 12:59 AM - 1 May, 2008
it's a behrienger don't waste your money
buy a rane
Dj BuddyLove 1:03 AM - 1 May, 2008
buy a rane
i would if they cared about edm/club/studio dj's that need more channels.
Dr. Vinyl 1:07 AM - 1 May, 2008
regardless of what style you're into that thing's just a craptacular rip off of the pioneer 800/1000

you have to play any one style to need quality
Dj BuddyLove 1:18 AM - 1 May, 2008
^^do you own one? have you tried it out? do you know if the quality is the same as privious products? i bet the answer is no!! you're basing your opion on previous equipment. all manufactures have had their shit products. mabey this one is beringher's comeback from shit products?? who knows might be crap. but hay it will be my crap & didnt spend to much on it. if need be it will be my backup mixer..

so there!!
bboysupafly 1:35 AM - 1 May, 2008
yeah i would rather have a nice cheap and affordable mixer, which has more channels btw, and has midi compability with all these buttons............I mean seriously...........there's like 6,00000000000000000000,00000000000000000 buttons on this mixer.
bboysupafly 1:41 AM - 1 May, 2008
Here's the link
item.express.ebay.com
Dj BuddyLove 1:50 AM - 1 May, 2008
^^cool thanks..

you're like me

MORE BUTTONS/MORE LIGHTS YEA!!!
dj_penguin 1:59 AM - 1 May, 2008
Quote:
buy a rane

Say what? Rane makes seven DJ mixers currently. Two are SSL mixers, the TTM-57 and the MP-4, so we'll disregard those, because they are limited to two channels by SSL.

Of the five non-SSL mixers Rane makes, only two have two channels, the MP-2S and the TTM-56 (and the SSL mixers are based on these.) The Empath has three channels, the MP44 has four channels, and the MP2016a/XP2016a combo has six channels.

You may not be able to afford Rane's multichannel offerings, but the statement that they don't care about the DJ who needs more than two channels is not supported by their product lineup.
ontime1269 1:59 AM - 1 May, 2008
Just reading the specs....that mixer is pretty tight. I'm more interested in the quality of the sound it puts out. If it sounds good....it's a steal for the price. For me though, that mixer is a little busy as far as the amount of buttons. They crammed a lot in that space.
Dr. Vinyl 2:10 AM - 1 May, 2008
Quote:
^^do you own one? have you tried it out? do you know if the quality is the same as privious products? i bet the answer is no!! you're basing your opion on previous equipment. all manufactures have had their shit products. mabey this one is beringher's comeback from shit products?? who knows might be crap. but hay it will be my crap & didnt spend to much on it. if need be it will be my backup mixer..

so there!!

no i don't own one, yes i have used one, and yes i once bought a behringer and it sucked and i took it back. look it all comes down to this, behringer uses cheep and i mean super cheep made in the slums of china components in all of their equipment tha's how they are able to give you all those flashy lights and bells and whistles for such a low price but at the end of the day the only thing that really matters is how good the music comming out of those speakers sounds and if it went through behringer anything before it got to those speakers it doesn't sound as good as it can and should. you can buy one if you want i don't care, i was just trying to give out a little helpfull advice here no need to get all huffy there buddy
Dj BuddyLove 2:59 AM - 1 May, 2008
Quote:
Quote:
buy a rane

Say what? Rane makes seven DJ mixers currently. Two are SSL mixers, the TTM-57 and the MP-4, so we'll disregard those, because they are limited to two channels by SSL.

Of the five non-SSL mixers Rane makes, only two have two channels, the MP-2S and the TTM-56 (and the SSL mixers are based on these.) The Empath has three channels, the MP44 has four channels, and the MP2016a/XP2016a combo has six channels.

You may not be able to afford Rane's multichannel offerings, but the statement that they don't care about the DJ who needs more than two channels is not supported by their product lineup.
ok mabey yes they do have some nice club mixers out there!! most of witch is rotary that i cant stand. but i get you're point. enough said on that matter. i guess im a little fluster that they havent made a sl version yet!! thats all.

@ Dr. Vinyl,
thanks for you're input. i appriciate it dont think i dont and im not huffy. im not the richest of folks and i know beringher has a tendencie to make crap dj mixers. i want the best sound just like everybody but for now the price seems right, im not really working any gigs right now. due to working weekend graves. been a bedroom dj for awhile now if i can use this to practice,experiment and if the midi is good its all worth it for me. if rane/serato would come out with a sl style club mixer. id say fuck this one and as stated above my vestax that i have dose not have the features that i want so im left to be limited in my creativity at the moment. im saving for a xone 3d because dosnt seem that serato/rane is going to be putting out my style of mixer anytime soon. so in the meantime ill have fun & be creative with this one.

thank you!!
DJMark 4:44 AM - 1 May, 2008
I calculate that Behringer mixer to be about a dollar per button.

For a "casual" DJ on a tight budget, maybe. Definitely not for professional/installation use.

Aside from quality/reliability considerations, I wouldn't buy anything from Behringer because I object strongly to their (lack of) corporate ethics.
djjoefresh 4:37 PM - 4 May, 2008
I think for a mere humble college student like me, who DJ's clubs and bars 4 nights a week in front of lots of drunken college people, this might be a good mixer for my budget. I just want to make sure that it doesn't sound like total crap. I am aware Behringer has made some pretty dreadful equipment in the past, but from what I gather they seem to be doing somewhat better. And if this mixer does work, it's a great mixer for the amount of features you get with the price.
Sound systems in most bars are usually God-awful anyways, I could have the best mixer ever and it would still sound shitty.
Thanks to DJ BuddyLove and bboysupafly, let me know if you guys like it when you get it.
Dj BuddyLove 5:06 PM - 4 May, 2008
^^np i should be getting it saturday so ill try to get something up or let you know what i think about it.
bboysupafly 4:10 PM - 12 May, 2008
anything new??? i'm hearing good reviews on pssl's website
Dj BuddyLove 4:35 PM - 12 May, 2008
nope still havnt got mine yet!! :(
i called about picking it up on fri. but dude said he wouldnt have it in till prb tues due to a major back order.
ill keep ya posted.
Dj BuddyLove 4:43 PM - 12 May, 2008
ok copy & paste off pssl's website!!

Quote:
Displaying Reviews 1-5 of 5

This mixer does not play like Behringer
By Austin "DxTc"Verified Reviewer from Gridley, CA on 5/8/2008
Pros:
Consistent, Easy To Use, Excellent Sound, Professional Features, Versatile
Cons:
Not being released sooner
Best Uses:
Amateur Recording, Events, Mix DJ, Performances
Describe Yourself:
Professional Musician
Bottom Line:
Yes, I would recommend this to a friend

This mixer is by far a huge improvement over anything behringer has released. Its practically a give away. The effects section is very well layed out, and easy to use. I really like the huge display & the effects sound almost the same as the competitors. I have yet to use it with the MIDI yet but will soon. If you want something that gets the job done well, and allows you great flexibility at a budget price look no further. Hopefully the competition will do there homework and see they are charging way too much for there products.

pioneers got it's hands full w/this one.
By Dj. Smooth 1Verified Reviewer from Ponce Puerto Rico on 5/8/2008
Pros:
Consistent, Easy To Use, Excellent Sound, Professional Features, Versatile, Very well built
Cons:
noisy on off switch...
Best Uses:
Amateur Recording, Beat juggling, Club mixing, Events, Performances, Professional Recording, Scratching, Soundtracks, Whatever you want
Describe Yourself:
Experienced
Bottom Line:

I beg to differ,with jim the runner...cause this thing rocks..i've used the pioneer djm 800,and this mixer is neck & neck with the pioneer.maybe
the problem is'nt the mixer but the guy behind it that sucks at his craft..in fact this mixer has even more features than the pioneer, and the numark 5000fx...to put it quite simply this mixer is a beast..and unlike jim the runner i've been a pro.dj for over 30 yrs..so sit back jim and read the instructions,you might learn something..and i've only had this piece for a week
and already know it inside out..kudos Behringer on another Bangin product...oh and jim,next time use your real name..
Images shared by: Dj. Smooth 1

this is a bad mutha...
Image Thumbnail

Tags: Picture of Product

advance
By cidblunt from waipahu, hawaii on 5/4/2008
Pros:
Professional Features, Versatile
Describe Yourself:
Experienced
Bottom Line:

pssl [...] this mixer look very promising with its features.

Best mixer yet by far
By DJ.SkyVerified Reviewer from Bronx NY. Hubert NC. on 4/29/2008
Pros:
Consistent, Easy To Use, Excellent Sound, Professional Features, Versatile
Best Uses:
Events, Performances, Professional Recording, Soundtracks
Describe Yourself:
Experienced
Bottom Line:

i use this mixer for recordings and live shows,
and i'm very happy with all that it has to offer.
for house & trance or just master mixing, this mixer is a must for the hard working dj's.

Sucks
By Jim the Runner from San Jose, CA on 4/27/2008
Cons:
Difficult To Use, horrible, catastrophy, Limited Features, Not Consistent, Poor Quality Sound, Wears Over Time
Best Uses:
toilet paper
Describe Yourself:
Professional Musician
Bottom Line:
No, I would not recommend this to a friend

Horrible, almost as horrible as the service @ PSSL I would rather go to [...] and buy real gear.
bboysupafly 6:38 AM - 16 May, 2008
here are some vids on youtube showing a guy scratching with this mixer

Watchyoutube.com

Watchyoutube.com
Dj BuddyLove 9:05 AM - 16 May, 2008
well i got it!!!
:)
all i can say right now is WOW!!! its prob the best $400.00 i have spent in a while. sorry havent got any pics or vids up yet my bro is being stingy with his cam. the sound i would say is 8 out of 10. the effects are great. sampler is just awww all the sliders and crossfader are smooth as butter. havent gotten around to the midi funtions yet. the only prob i see on this mixer are three things

#1 - The headphone jack in the middle right side (really dosnt get to much in the way)

#2 - the rotary pots (are a little movable, not solid like rane or vestax)

#3 - no toggle on/off switchs (for tranforming)

besides that this mixer is A+. all the buttons and knobs seem very scary at first but i got to know all the knobs/sliders/funtions in the matter of a hour. so its not that complicated. i would say for the features & price yoyu can go wrong with this unit. shit i paid about $300 bucks for my vestax pcv 275 about 4+5 years ago and it didnt have nearly zip of the features that this has. plus this one sounds & preforms WAY WAY WAY better than the vestax..(sorry vestax had to) ill try to get some pics or vids out soon sorry about not being too prepared now just been kinda of busy.
Dj BuddyLove 9:29 AM - 16 May, 2008
Quote:
yoyu can go wrong with this unit.

you cant go wrong with this unt.

lol
Dj BuddyLove 9:31 AM - 16 May, 2008
also forgot to mention it also comes with 19" rack mount extenders and tracktor 3 demo (ug)
bboysupafly 3:34 PM - 16 May, 2008
nice, I really want to know about the midi...........I would love to use the sampler section as my cue's for serato. but i have to see how the response time is when pressing the button.

props on the mini review Dj BudyLove

how's the curve adjustment/crossfader for scratching??
bboysupafly 3:39 PM - 16 May, 2008
oh how's the crossfader cap?? nice and heavy or light??
djjoefresh 6:35 PM - 16 May, 2008
BuddyLove! Thanks for the feedback, that's all I needed to hear to convince me to get this mixer. I was a little concerned about the sound quality and the headphone jack location, but it sounds like a great mixer. The 19" rackmount extender means I can break my old coffin case out of the attic and use it again!

Thanks again, let me know if you get to try out the MIDI functions.
DJMark 11:24 PM - 16 May, 2008
I'll be interested to hear BuddyLove's comments about the mixer after a year or two of use.
Dj BuddyLove 3:24 AM - 17 May, 2008
Quote:
I'll be interested to hear BuddyLove's comments about the mixer after a year or two of use.
hay for the price if this mixer only lasts me a year or two it was well worth it. shit within that time ill eaither have my xone 3d or a new more impressive mixer by rane or whoever will be out and ill prob end up getting that. there is no other mixer on the market at this time with the quality/features & extras for this price. uf you are a bedroom dj its perfect for you to experiment if you want to do gigs to make some $$$ i belive it will be perfect. if your on a budget i say you have nothing to loose i dont know how it would hold up in a club enviorment but as far as i can tell i wouldnt do so bad. im happy for now and thats all that matters. as far a my recomending it to someone else see above^^^

Quote:
how's the curve adjustment/crossfader for scratching??

it has nice ajustments that work well, (although im not really a scratch dj)
3 settings a reverse hold switch & reverse tap switch thats reall nice to have.

Quote:
oh how's the crossfader cap?? nice and heavy or light??

the cap is light. the fader is smooth but has a slight tightness. (you cant blow the fader from one side to the next with your mouth) but very flexible. im not sure if your able to ajust the inside to make it ligter. but it is replacable. if needed you can switch faders to penny & glide and pos other size faders so very nice.

sorry guys im not a scratch dj nor a review wrighter but i think this mixer will be usful to all style dj's..

i like it :)
Discobee 5:36 PM - 17 May, 2008
"(you cant blow the fader from one side to the next with your mouth) but very flexible."

.....insert joke here.....

hehe
Dj BuddyLove 7:24 AM - 18 May, 2008
lol
hay i have seen a few people have their fader so loose you could blow it from one side to the other.

Quote:
nice, I really want to know about the midi...........I would love to use the sampler section as my cue's for serato. but i have to see how the response time is when pressing the button.

i have just started testing out the midi funtions and they seem to do pretty well the respone time seems to work great & very easy to set. granted i just fooled around with it for 1/2 hour before i headed to work. i have my decks set to channel 1 & 4 and have set channel 2 to be the midi controls of deck 1 and set channel 3 to be the midi controls of deck 4 so far working good. i jst wish the mixer had more midi control channels because dosnt seem im gonna be able to have everything mapped out for serato. when you use a channel/section for midi it dedicates that channel/section just for midi control so i have to go into user setting screen to turn off the midi but dosnt seem that hard once i get use to it. just wish i had more buttons & faders to assign. anyhoo seems to work nicely no real complaints as of yet!!
bboysupafly 10:21 PM - 18 May, 2008
yeah I figured that problem would arise so I thought of just using the sampler section as the main midi functions for cue's and loops, that way more channels are available.

get what i'm saying??
Dj BuddyLove 9:18 AM - 19 May, 2008
^^the problem with that is you dont have enough buttons for both decks for cues & loops. there are 5 cue points on each deck and there are 5 loops and the ddm4000 sanpler section has 15 assignable buttons & one rotary knob. total of 16 and serto cues & loops will take up 20. plus the ddm4000 sampler setion buttons are dif sizes and locations non uniformed so its gonna get tricky knowing whats what..i wis the ddm had multaple midi channels. say switch to midi chan 1 - midi right deck midi chan 2 - midi left deck. i think if you incorperate a trigger finger or other midi device with it your good to go. i have a novation 25 remote sl controller i have rarly used & not sure if i can add on midi devise's to run the same softwear and trigger things on serato from both novation & ddm . if someone knows how to set up 2 controllers to trig deffrent sections let me know pls. im kinda new to the whole midi thing.
bboysupafly 3:50 PM - 19 May, 2008
well i'm not saying i'm going to trigger 5 cue points or 5 loops...........just enough for me to skip reaching over to my laptop and pressing the 1 cue button and another button to turn on/off the loops i've saved before, so in total I want 4 buttons oh and an extra 4 (both the record source and sample length buttons) to scroll up and down my library and load a song to the left/right deck.
Dj BuddyLove 3:56 PM - 19 May, 2008
i see..i want to use them ALL **EVIL LAUGH**

seriously im going to give some serious thought how i want to map things out..ill let you know what i did once i figa it out!! lol
bboysupafly 4:42 PM - 19 May, 2008
haha nice...............I just got it and will play with it for a bit
Dj BuddyLove 5:35 PM - 19 May, 2008
^^cool tell me what your thought are!!
i think you will feel the same as me about the ddm.
Dj BuddyLove 2:47 AM - 20 May, 2008
SO SO SO SO SO SO What ya thoughts!!! im inpatient!!
lol hahahaha
bboysupafly 3:25 AM - 20 May, 2008
haha THIS THING IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!! the fader is so smooth!!! I'm still getting around the screen for effects.............there's so many buttons on this thing!!!!!!!!!

I gotta figure out how I want to use them all!!!
Dj BuddyLove 4:06 AM - 20 May, 2008
Quote:
haha THIS THING IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!! the fader is so smooth!!!

+1 {esp for the $$$}

Quote:
I'm still getting around the screen for effects.............

STILL??? damm noobs lol j/k :)

Quote:
there's so many buttons on this thing!!!!!!!!!

yep & i still want more!!!

Quote:
I gotta figure out how I want to use them all!!!

ME TOO!!!

glad to see your enjoying it...no sleep for you for a while...hahahaha
i still havent gotten around to really playing with it. i got it last week and played with it twice for 1 hour & the other a 1/2 hour. this damm job is killing me doing 16hrs a day right now since a co-worker is on vacation..
bboysupafly 5:10 AM - 20 May, 2008
Quote:
STILL??? damm noobs lol j/k :)

I'm not new to the effects...........I'm just trying to getto know on how to use the built in engine with midi mapping for other applications like ableton
Dj BuddyLove 8:12 AM - 20 May, 2008
lol i was kidding hahahaha see the lol & j/k :)
Dj BuddyLove 8:19 AM - 20 May, 2008
how can i run two seprate midi contollers to run serato or ableton? i have a lexicon lambda ext sound card it only has one midi in & one midi out is there any midi boxes to connect a trigger finger/novation 25sl so i can trigger serato or ableton with all them connected and have dif units trigger cirtain things??? shit i hope i made sense..lol im confuzed {sorry im a noob when it comes to midi}
Dj BuddyLove 8:28 AM - 20 May, 2008
i found this anyone know if its any good?
www.motu.com
i really want to find something thats bus & ac powered because i have to much shit connected to my lappy as it is. dont have enough usb ports + to much ging on already.
djjoefresh 8:22 PM - 21 May, 2008
Quote:
i found this anyone know if its any good?
www.motu.com
i really want to find something thats bus & ac powered because i have to much shit connected to my lappy as it is. dont have enough usb ports + to much ging on already.

I hear ya, I'm running everything on my Macbook which only has 2 USB ports, and I've yet to find a good safe powered USB hub to hook all these things up. Might have to look at getting a Firewire external drive just to free up a USB port.

I'm hopefully going to get some time to try out the DDM-4000 at my local music store, sounds like you guys are loving it.
Dj BuddyLove 7:08 AM - 22 May, 2008
Quote:
I'm hopefully going to get some time to try out the DDM-4000 at my local music store, sounds like you guys are loving it.

BIG SMILIE'S!! :)
Dj BuddyLove 4:39 PM - 25 May, 2008
so hows everything going bboy? have ya gotten any shut eye..hehehe
@joefresh have you checked out the mixer yet?
djjoefresh 11:42 PM - 25 May, 2008
buddylove: the one music store near me (alto music) can't get it for me to try, and Sam ash is a 50 minute drive for me. With gas prices today I can't afford to make the trip :-/

I also just bought some turntables (gonna finally give real vinyl a try) so I'll wait for a few paychecks before buying the mixer.

But, thanks to you and bboy's feedback this WILL be the next mixer I buy. I'll let you know when I get my hands on one (hopefully soon).
Dj BuddyLove 6:53 AM - 26 May, 2008
cool cant wait to hear back from you.
finally give vinyl a try??? wow so you have been cding it!! i feel sorry for you.. (in a good way) :)
sweetL 10:32 AM - 26 May, 2008
Quote:
most of witch is rotary that i cant stand

they are MOSTLY rotary?

the only rotary one is the empath, isnt it?
sweetL 10:32 AM - 26 May, 2008
...and that is an option... you dont HAVE to buy a rotary empath.
djjoefresh 2:15 AM - 27 May, 2008
Quote:
finally give vinyl a try??? wow so you have been cding it!! i feel sorry for you.. (in a good way) :)

haha yeah I've been using the Denon 3500s for a while now, they've been working well for me. I'm trying out vinyl to satisfy my curiosity more than anything else, I just never got into it before. Who knows, I might end up using vinyl more than CDs soon : )
Dj BuddyLove 7:10 AM - 27 May, 2008
Quote:
I might end up using vinyl more than CDs soon : )

you will!! :)
there's nothing like playin with vinyl.
kinda like playing with breasts you cant get enough..

as for the gay dj's nothing like playing with (d*ck)
hahahaha !!!!
Dj BuddyLove 7:16 AM - 27 May, 2008
Quote:
Quote:
most of witch is rotary that i cant stand

they are MOSTLY rotary?

the only rotary one is the empath, isnt it?

ok my bad!! mis quote my prefrence is non rotary muti-chan club mixers..

and i dont really like ranes old non-rotary club mixers
sweetL 12:02 PM - 28 May, 2008
so whats up with a fader empath?
Dj BuddyLove 8:56 PM - 28 May, 2008
i like the empath.
that was really my first choice (besides my other 1st) the xone:3d
but if i was to buy a rane i want to have midi/effects & sl incorperated :)
i was holding off buying a new mixer because i was hopfull that rane/serato was going to suprise everyone & unvail a empath sl hybrid at the recent namm show but didnt happen. also got alot of my answers answered on pssl's recent webcats w/ mike may there. seems they are not going to have anything like that soon. :( "bummer" so i desided to keep savin my dough for the 3d. until i get that or the empath sl hybrid. i thought the ddm would suite me well.
sweetL 5:10 PM - 3 June, 2008
if i were you, id get this:

www.korg.com

and use it with ableton and the pinky plugin.

upshot: vinyl like control, 4 virtual decks, amazing control.

sounds like youd be the perfect candidate for a set up this 'out of the box' :)
djjoefresh 4:00 AM - 4 June, 2008
Quote:

www.korg.com

This one does look good, but it looks like it's geared towards those who really want to get into MIDI control. Unfortunately MIDI control in SSL is still somewhat limited - some functions are mappable, some aren't. If you have Ableton Live then this would be an awesome mixer. Korg mixers may also be out of some DJs' price range.

For me, I'm still looking at the DDM4000. Musician's Friend just sent me a catalog, and they're really pushing it.
Dj BuddyLove 8:52 PM - 4 June, 2008
Quote:

www.korg.com

dont know!! i think it ugly (green & orange lights!!!) dosnt match my system or style.
sweetL 10:39 PM - 5 June, 2008
who cares if its ugly, do you know what that thing can DO?
dj_soo 11:25 PM - 5 June, 2008
get an ecler nuo4
Dj BuddyLove 12:45 AM - 6 June, 2008
Quote:
who cares if its ugly

i do!!

Quote:
do you know what that thing can DO?

yes i do.
if i were to ever consider the zero series id get the zero8
www.korg.com
DJMark 12:51 AM - 6 June, 2008
Quote:
For me, I'm still looking at the DDM4000. Musician's Friend just sent me a catalog, and they're really pushing it.

You should keep in mind that 'they're really pushing it' because of profit-margin, not because of any considerations relating to the quality of the mixer.
Dj BuddyLove 1:44 AM - 6 June, 2008
^^true
djjoefresh 2:10 AM - 6 June, 2008
Quote:
You should keep in mind that 'they're really pushing it' because of profit-margin, not because of any considerations relating to the quality of the mixer.

Good point. The best thing would really be to try out the mixer myself. I might have to drive down to Sam Ash and see if they have one.
Dj BuddyLove 9:09 AM - 6 June, 2008
^^i dont see why they wouldnt.
hurry up man times a wasting. :)
djjoefresh 4:54 PM - 6 June, 2008
lol working on it.

Quick question, about the effects on this thing. Are the effects (specifically the Echo effect) post-fader?
Dj BuddyLove 1:57 AM - 7 June, 2008
they are post as far as i know w/ wet & dry function synced via the bpm section .
sorry havnt been able to dig into it latley due to work.

here is a link to the pdf manual
www.behringerdownload.de

i belive its discussed in detail in chapter 4.
deepdjdanny 6:27 AM - 16 June, 2008
Behringer DDM-4000 fx are only post fader if and when you set them to effect the master.
Not the same thing though... what a shame.
If you only want to assign an effect to a given channel... then the only way to quasi make them post fader is to find an effect that has an parameter option to make the effect 'fade' when disengaged.

Is anyone having Behringer channel strip 1 MIDI controls NOT triggering Scratch Live stuff? ie: Failing to trigger?
Dj BuddyLove 6:40 AM - 16 June, 2008
Quote:
Is anyone having Behringer channel strip 1 MIDI controls NOT triggering Scratch Live stuff? ie: Failing to trigger?

i dont think i have had any trouble with channel 1 {if channel strip 1 is what you ment}
deepdjdanny 6:54 AM - 16 June, 2008
Yep. Okay then has to be my USB MIDI cable then.
deepdjdanny 6:54 AM - 16 June, 2008
oops then.
Dj BuddyLove 9:22 AM - 16 June, 2008
im @ work so i cant check but i know i did have a problem with one of the assignable buttons not bieng able to be assigned midi. im sure it wasnt channel one it was another button cant remeber now but ill check when i get home and keep you updated.
DJ EN-Y 1:51 PM - 18 June, 2008
I just bought this thing last night. The sales guy at audiolines in chicago told me that this is the best mixer to come out lately. It has EVERYTHING you can think, literally. I only spent about an hour with it last night, trying to get the hang of it. Lots of features. I still need a lot more time to get used to it. I have gigs on saturday and sunday, so i'll get back to you guys to see how it performs live. Wish me luck, you just never know.
Dj BuddyLove 3:44 PM - 18 June, 2008
^^Good luck on the gig & good purchace on a mixer.
DJ Russ1 6:11 PM - 18 June, 2008
I have bought the mixer and i love it! Lots of features. This mixer packs a serious punch....PERIOD!!!!! The build quality is not bad. Features will take some time to learn. I really say it is a good buy. 1) the price is right 2)Get a lot for your money 3) good build quality
deepdjdanny 3:05 AM - 19 June, 2008
I've found another quasi-alternative when wanting 'post-fader' FX from the Bhringer DDM-4000... is to assign FX 1 to 'Chain'.
Dj BuddyLove 7:14 AM - 19 June, 2008
^^Nice ill try that out later.
hay deepdjdanny i thought that name was familiar your on mixshare & MIB site alot.
haha whut up!
deepdjdanny 7:17 AM - 23 June, 2008
ya. mixshare... I just logon for 'keeps'.
what's the MIB site?
Dj BuddyLove 8:22 AM - 24 June, 2008
^^sorry mis typed MOB (Mixing On Beat)
noticed you are really into mixing in key..
im just learning about it and went & f*cked up and bought mik but now using RE2 exclusivly :)
DJ EN-Y 3:56 PM - 26 June, 2008
Ok, so i did two gigs this weekend. Outcome? I freakin' love this mixer. All of my mixes came out perfect. The sound quality is amazing. I did a cruise on lake michigan and I only have the master volume at a 1/4 of the way up. No noise problems, everything sounded crisp and clear. Definitely a great buy for anyone. I actually think it can compete with some of the top of the line mixers right now. As long as it lasts, this thing is going to be amazing.
Dj BuddyLove 3:18 AM - 27 June, 2008
thanks for the input!!
Dj BuddyLove 6:27 PM - 30 June, 2008
ha!! found this ddm vid on youtube seems elskins found a unknown function of the sampler..i guess. havent really read my manuel yet. correct me if im wrong pls....lol

www.djtutor.com
DjRekTek 12:53 PM - 1 July, 2008
This mixer is starting to interest me more....how do the faders feel,smooth? also how about the curve control? is it about the same as the VMX1000 or 700. I own a 1000 now and a pioneer3000.
DJ EN-Y 1:36 PM - 1 July, 2008
The faders a like butter. Very smooth and they feel great. YOu can adjust the curve control to however you want it. Totally adjustable to your liking. I highly recommend this mixer, you really can't go wrong for the money. Definitely look into buying it. you won't be disappointed with all the features and how easy they are to use, once you get the hang of all the button and what they do. I have been mseein around with this thing non stop since i bought it and I absolutely love it. Give it a shot!
Dj BuddyLove 3:35 PM - 1 July, 2008
Quote:
The faders a like butter. Very smooth and they feel great. YOu can adjust the curve control to however you want it. Totally adjustable to your liking. I highly recommend this mixer, you really can't go wrong for the money. Definitely look into buying it. you won't be disappointed with all the features and how easy they are to use, once you get the hang of all the button and what they do. I have been mseein around with this thing non stop since i bought it and I absolutely love it. Give it a shot!

Ahhhh what he said!! :O)
Kadilac 6:10 AM - 3 July, 2008
Just ordered mine! $329 with price match from musiciansfriend.com.
Dj BuddyLove 1:08 PM - 3 July, 2008
^^^Argghhh...damm you mine was $395.00
DJ Filletti 1:58 PM - 3 July, 2008
So, at the moment i own an american audio 3 channel mixer and a set of denon 3500. these past few months i tried to work on some production and i am really lovin it and beats that i have recently created are a bit more pro.

Now i have been playing over a year, resident in a club that support house music for good and warming up for top local every saturday night soo i know what djing is and what one needs to ahve what it takes to become a pro dj and producer.

I would like to know if this Behringer mixer can be connected to a set of denon 3500 normally via phonos and also using other channels as midi with ableton live 7.

Do i need to use any seperate equipment to connect via midi to my pc or you think its better that i buy this mixer and a seperate trigger finger?

by the way, i will only be using this mixer at home or in some private events that i organise.

thanks
Dj BuddyLove 4:45 PM - 3 July, 2008
Quote:
I would like to know if this Behringer mixer can be connected to a set of denon 3500 normally via phonos and also using other channels as midi with ableton live 7.

YES!!
Watchwww.youtube.com

Quote:
Do i need to use any seperate equipment to connect via midi to my pc or you think its better that i buy this mixer and a seperate trigger finger?

You would either need a sound card w/midi in & outs or one of these
www.nextag.com

you also dont need trigger finger this unit has the avalibilty to use cannels stickly for midi but i would recomend getting a seperate midi trigger unit like the trigger finger or the novation remote controller because with ableton your prob gonna use alot of midi channels plus you might just use the mixer itself to control serato midi..just my 2 cents

heres another vid of the ddm4000 with the djtutor
Watchwww.youtube.com
DJ Filletti 5:43 PM - 3 July, 2008
thanks mate for your help i think i will go to the dell thing instead of buying a new sound card, think i will find it in a computers store or somethin like that.

thanks for you help :)

cheers
Dj BuddyLove 5:55 PM - 3 July, 2008
before you purchase the midi usb cable thingy..lol
shop around first i just posted a random link..i think you can get one cheaper.
Dj BuddyLove 6:01 PM - 3 July, 2008
heres a posting of some units on ebay..
pretty cheap i really dont know about the quality though
search.ebay.com

id really look into the M-Audio one's though they have a pretty good reputation with midi stuff.
mabey someone else can throw out a better link for you.
DjRekTek 5:59 AM - 4 July, 2008
I might just have to give this a try...found a good deal.

www.abesofmaine.com
Dj BuddyLove 8:02 AM - 4 July, 2008
^^shit jump on it man.
DjRekTek 1:15 PM - 8 July, 2008
Just ordered from www.abesofmaine.com grand total $299.99 with shipping! I'll give my opinion in 7-10 buisness days...lol.

They give you 7 days to try it out, if you are not happy they have a 100% Money back policy.

Def. worth a shot!
Kadilac 3:31 PM - 8 July, 2008
musiciansfriend.com wouldn't match abesofmaine!!! Damn.
Dj BuddyLove 3:36 PM - 8 July, 2008
Quote:
Just ordered from www.abesofmaine.com grand total $299.99 with shipping! I'll give my opinion in 7-10 buisness days...lol.

They give you 7 days to try it out, if you are not happy they have a 100% Money back policy.

Def. worth a shot!

cool thats a nice deal..
now no more putting me on blast there Rek..haha :P
im pretty much convinced youll like it.
KCONN 4:25 PM - 8 July, 2008
I bought this mixer about a week ago and love it!! Now i will let you guys know that it isnt made very well constructive wise but as far as sound and effects go it blows away the competition in that price range... It makes the perfect mixer for home use
Dj BuddyLove 6:05 PM - 8 July, 2008
^^like i stated its not the best mixer..
yes i stated above

Quote:

#1 - The headphone jack in the middle right side (really dosnt get to much in the way)

#2 - the rotary pots (are a little movable, not solid like rane or vestax)

#3 - no toggle on/off switchs (for tranforming)

yes its not the perfect build or even close to RANE..
but you cant tell me this build isnt the same or better than say: the pioneers

yet fucks are spending 1000's for a pio when this mixer dose the same/more/better and is built about the same as pio..for not more than $400.00

i rest my case....
Dj BuddyLove 6:19 PM - 8 July, 2008
sorry didnt mena to blast 2 you..im glad you like it.
but cunstrutive wise its good. on a scale from poor/ok/good/best and its useful more than home use..cmon
Dj BuddyLove 6:25 PM - 8 July, 2008
ooh KCONN welcome to scratchlive fourm..
as i see you joined just yesterday..thanks for the input.

:P
DjRekTek 4:20 AM - 9 July, 2008
Got tracking # today....should be here Thurs or Friday.....gettin a little excited, as with any new piece of quip...
Kadilac 1:54 PM - 9 July, 2008
Just got mine last night (along with a Hercules RMX).

First impressions:
This thing is HUGE! I didn't expect it to be so big and bulky. However it's not that heavy as it looks.
The sound is good, but you have to hit the Ultimize button to get the best quality.
The effects are the best I have ever used, hands down. I have a 57 and the effect are sub par IMO.
The features and possibilities of this unit are endless with a creative mind.
I loved recording a loop with the sampler bank and using the crossfader start(another feature the 57 doesn't have) to engage the sample while another track is playing!
The mic section is also the best that I have come across. I hated the cheap mic I have until I plugged it into the 4000. It seemed to come alive even at low gain with clean FX and a talkover function(another feature the 57 doesn't have) that is so smooth, you barely notice that the music volume went down.
The few things that I hated was the cheap feel and hollow sound I felt when moving the faders. Somehow I believe that different fader caps would make a difference.
As far as the 4000 seemlessly intergrating with Traktor. NO! I am a MIDI noob, so I could not get anything to work in this area. Maybe it was me, but the manual didn't help at all.

All and all, I am returning this mixer. I do like it, but what I am looking for is a MIDI controller that can adapt to the OTHER applications that seem to be leaving Serato in limbo. I paid $1249 for the 57, which is a great HIP-HOP mixer. But I think it really falls short in every area but Sound quality and faders. The 4000 could be the perfect club mixer, I would love to run my 57 thru it and use it for FX and Mics, but it is too damn BIG to lug both around plus 1200's or CDJ's. I'm trying to downsize and so far the RMX seems perfect. It did what I wanted out the box, the sound was good, the build quality is unmatched for the price $349(ITCH $899) and you can do video with VDJpro. You can even hook up your TT's or CDJ's and use Scratchlive control cd's or vinyl to control VDJ thru the RMX! ITCH doesn't even have FX or anything to make me want to spend $899 on it, basically it seems they set out to make the best midi controller for scratching, but do real scratchheads really want that? RELIABILITY
is the best thing about Serato and I love it, but I fear that we are being left behind. Especially the DJ's who play EDM. The 4000 is one of the best mixers on the market. I'm going to buy another but later.
DJ Jonasty 10:21 PM - 9 July, 2008
How do you guys like the headphone jack being in the middle of the mixer on the right side. It seems like an odd spot to plug in the phones.
Dj BuddyLove 5:36 PM - 10 July, 2008
thanks for the feedback Kadilac,
sorry to hear your returning it. :(
well i guess the reson for the size is all the stuff thats incorperated in it???
and @ Dj Jonasty the headphone jack should have been placed at the bottom right of the unit. but i dosnt seem to get in my way to often..
Dj BuddyLove 5:43 PM - 10 July, 2008
also kadilac dont know why you couldnt get the midi working?? well i dont use tractor so couldnt help you there. but im verry new to midi & befor getting this mixer i dndnt really know shit/ still dont!! but i got midi running fine? right away. the only thing i need to learn know is how to use the mixer for cirtin midi things & have a external midi controller hooked up along side the mixer to trigger other things???
Dj BuddyLove 5:49 PM - 10 July, 2008
oohh btw nice review..
DjRekTek 7:23 AM - 11 July, 2008
O.K. got this beast today and all I can say is if this thing holds up internally with the electronics and so forth, I will never buy another mixer. This thing fucking rocks!!!!no shit. The effects, the sampler, the faders, the overall build, the rack mount extension kit (a must for me). And all for $300.00, are you serious? Like I said, if this thing holds up, there is no way you can go wrong...intitially I am very satisfied. This mixer seems leaps and bounds over any of their previous stuff. I dont have any gripes yet, of course I have only had it for a day...thanks to all who gave reviews. For $300.00 you cant expect a whole helluva lot but with this beast you get way more than expected! I may change my tune if the ol girl goes out on me within the next 6 months and believe me I will let you know. But as for now I would have to recommend it to even the most seasoned vet. If for nothing else than just a backup or something to experiment with, but I have a feeling there will b e alot of satisfied closet DDM4000 users. Anyway here are some pics of the beast in my coffin...hey,I even found and old Radioshack relic in my stash . Ha!

i67.photobucket.com
i67.photobucket.com
i67.photobucket.com
i67.photobucket.com
i67.photobucket.com
i67.photobucket.com
i67.photobucket.com
i67.photobucket.com
i67.photobucket.com
i67.photobucket.com
i67.photobucket.com
i67.photobucket.com
i67.photobucket.com
i67.photobucket.com
DjRekTek 7:24 AM - 11 July, 2008
Quote:
I might just have to give this a try...found a good deal.

www.abesofmaine.com

I would say if you are interested get it here..very good customer service and I got the thing in 2 days.
DjRekTek 7:25 AM - 11 July, 2008
Oh yeah..the headphone jack is not a problem.
Konix 2:13 PM - 11 July, 2008
Anyone want to make an audio file demonstrating all the effects on the DDM4000, particularly the filters?
DJ Jonasty 2:30 PM - 11 July, 2008
Maybe I should sell my DJM 800 and get 5 of these?
DJ Sniffles 3:38 PM - 11 July, 2008
Jonasty, dont, dont sell your 800. Thats the grand slam of all mixers out now. Sure its $1500, but this behringer crap won't last anyone 3 years. There is a reason its a cheap mixer.
bourbonstmc 4:00 PM - 11 July, 2008
^^^ *Sniffles gets sent to the repair shop to have his sarcasm detector reset.* ^^^
DJ Sniffles 5:10 PM - 11 July, 2008
bourbonstmc gets sent to the repair shop to have his "underlying message to the cheap guys" detector reset
DjRekTek 8:12 PM - 11 July, 2008
Sniffles, just out of curiosity, what mixer are you currently using?
DJ Sniffles 9:19 PM - 11 July, 2008
Between my 56 and my 07. Use both about the same...
DjRekTek 9:37 PM - 11 July, 2008
^^^^nice...
DJ Sniffles 9:48 PM - 11 July, 2008
If i REALLY wanted to go the route of this 4000, I'd save up and just get the 800. Its gonna be a standard for 4 channel mixers for quite some time, and it will last you a hell of a lot longer than a Behringer product.

If you dont need a 4 channel mixer, get a 909 (but they are on their way to being discontinued)

I've just heard more horror stories than good stories about these mixers
DjRekTek 10:52 PM - 11 July, 2008
Quote:
If i REALLY wanted to go the route of this 4000, I'd save up and just get the 800. Its gonna be a standard for 4 channel mixers for quite some time, and it will last you a hell of a lot longer than a Behringer product.

If you dont need a 4 channel mixer, get a 909 (but they are on their way to being discontinued)

I've just heard more horror stories than good stories about these mixers

I feel ya on that...
DjRekTek 10:52 PM - 11 July, 2008
no homo as they say....
DJ Sniffles 11:05 PM - 11 July, 2008
no to knock u on ur new purchase, maybe they made this one right. If not, ur only out $400
DjRekTek 11:22 PM - 11 July, 2008
Quote:
no to knock u on ur new purchase, maybe they made this one right. If not, ur only out $400

Word...only $300.00
Kadilac 3:18 PM - 12 July, 2008
Just cause it's $1500 bucks doesn't mean it's gonna last forever. I've already had my 57 repaired once, and I'm thinking about using the 4000 for back-up while I send the 57 back for more issues!

I seen a kid just rocking Reggaeton in the Club the other night and it was incredible! I went up to the booth and he was slumped over his Dell working only the MOUSE PAD!! Not even a controller going to his I/O sound card to a QSC amp(high price and quality) which overheated an hour later!@!

I think people just equate quality with price, but it's not true in every case.
I don't think it's practical to invest so much in equipment when it takes us so long to recoup the expenses. Everybody in my city thinks I'm a rich kid since I got Serato. They all use pirate VDJ copies.
I don't know a DJ personally, who makes more than $500 a night @ a Club. The owner or promoter will just hire the guy with a $300 dollar Beringer and VDJ for $200!!
djjoefresh 8:33 PM - 12 July, 2008
I'm not sure that Behringer is considered a 'cheap' company, from what I have read and heard they used to build mediocre products in the past, but recently have stepped up their game and come out with some real quality products. They obviously don't use the highest quality materials, hence the lower prices than say Pioneer or Denon's equipment, but their products do work, otherwise DJ's wouldn't buy them.

I wouldn't automatically say that this mixer won't last simply because it's not built by Rane or Pioneer.

@BuddyLove - I just got a big paycheck so I'm looking to get my hands on the 4000 next week hopefully. :)
DJ Sniffles 8:49 PM - 12 July, 2008
I'm not saying because its $1500 or because its from Pioneer. Its a solidly built mixer with solid material. Behringer is known for their products not lasting long. Yea the mixer might be decent, but lets see how many times you buy new line/cross faders over the next year. Or how long it will be before you get static coming off the master output.

Its been proven by many already that the 57 isnt the best mixer quality wise. I never mentioned that mixer, nor do I have it or ever recommend it. The 56 however is obviously solid. The 909 has gone foul on some people but its not a very common thing. The 800 is praised by everyone who has ever used it, own it for some time.

The behringers? Well....when have you ever seen a professional using a Behringer mixer?
djjoefresh 11:23 PM - 12 July, 2008
I can't comment on professionals because I am definitely not a professional. Professionals can easily afford high-end equipment, while humble DJ's such as myself who want more features and functionality without breaking the bank are always looking for a balance of quality and price.

I'm also the guy who upgrades his equipment every few years, so I will probably have another mixer before the faders wear out.

It's just the fact that you look at two mixers that have nearly identical features that you want, with a difference of over $1000 between the two. Of course you'll always see professionals use Pioneer's gear over Behringer because Pioneer is the industry standard, and like I said before they can afford it, but for the up and coming DJ who wants some effects, a sampler, more output flexibility, and other more advanced features, I don't see where you can go wrong with this mixer.

Dj BuddyLove 6:44 AM - 13 July, 2008
djjoefresh has pretty much coverd my thoughts exactly..
besides his comment..being a professional

Quote:
@BuddyLove - I just got a big paycheck so I'm looking to get my hands on the 4000 next week hopefully. :)

cool,
look foward to hearing what you think of the unit!!

BTW...why is everybody directing comments to me?? like im the poster boy for behringer..

couldnt be futhur from the truth..
DJ EN-Y 5:14 PM - 14 July, 2008
All I can say is that I love this mixer! Has anyone tried Virtual DJ for video mixing on this mixer? I was told that if you get a midi to usb cord you cna actually control the crossfader from the actual mixer and wouldn't need to use the computer, other than to load the songs. Has anyone heard anything about this. I'm looking into video mixing. If I hear anything else, or if I find the time to try it myself, i'll keep you posted.
Dj Rehab 10:16 PM - 14 July, 2008
They have just installed this in my club- I plug my 57 into it. I will say this: this mixer replaced a djm 500 and it sounds better. I can't believe it, but the other resident dj says the same. Also, the effects are just great. I used to hate on behringer, but this for now is a quality mixer. I say that because I need to see how long it lasts.
DJMark 11:36 PM - 14 July, 2008
Quote:
They have just installed this in my club- I plug my 57 into it. I will say this: this mixer replaced a djm 500 and it sounds better. I can't believe it, but the other resident dj says the same.

That I *do* believe.

I don't think I've ever heard any mixer, no matter how cheap it was, that sounded as bad as the DJM-500.
Dj BuddyLove 11:47 AM - 15 July, 2008
Quote:
Anyone want to make an audio file demonstrating all the effects on the DDM4000, particularly the filters?

sorry konix,
ill try getting somthing out for you.
been a lil busy lately..
if anybody else can get some file's together that be cool.
like i said been kinda busy to do anything latly..
DjRekTek 1:01 PM - 15 July, 2008
One by one they are coming out of the closet......

Well, I am doin a gig Saturday night with this thing....probably around 6 hours or so. It will be a decent test for it since it will be outside at around 70 degrees or so with some decent humidity...It will be at night though, so we will see what happens.
Dj_KaGeN 7:57 PM - 15 July, 2008
i had to go look at this mixer in person after hearing all this hype. I'm going to say this, "You kids have fun." I second DJ Mark statement. Let's see how well it holds up over time. The last Behringer [djm600] knockoff I played on had obvious GLARING issues that i noticed in 15 minutes of use, first off the sound quality as shotty. Yet, the owner was spanking his monkey over it as hard as you folks are, must be behringer buyer glee. G' Luck to you all.
Dj BuddyLove 8:02 PM - 15 July, 2008
Quote:
"You kids have fun."

will do!! :)
deepdjdanny 7:55 AM - 19 July, 2008
FX can NOT be assigned as Post Fader per channel fader, the closest thing to Post Fader is assigning FX to treat Master output.
AutoBPM loses BPM far to easily, thereby stuffing up tempo governed FX.
FX are NOT quick to dial up, & you can NOT change effect type while they're actively being used.
Input meters are lo rez. You can NOT really tell when the Master LED 'VU' Level is clipping, F'knows where unity gain is. :(
But as a Australian $600 DJ mixer with MIDI control... it's a bloody bargain!
DjRekTek 4:17 AM - 21 July, 2008
Ok...so I beat the shit out of this thing from 7 pm Saturday till 3 am Sunday morning playing an outdoor gig with some sick ass humidity and a temp. of about 80 or so....went off without a hitch. I will have to agree with deepdjdanny however about his view.....other than that, $300.00 well spent. I guess I will have to judge it though on how many more beatings this thing takes...
Kadilac 2:17 PM - 23 July, 2008
Man, I am still having trouble using MIDI. I have Traktor 3 and VDJ but no luck assigning any controls. I have a E-MU 1x1 MIDI USB adapter(maybe this is the problem). Can anyone put this in "MIDI for noobs" language for me?
Dj BuddyLove 5:32 PM - 23 July, 2008
^^just get serto F* tracktor.
:p
Dj BuddyLove 5:36 PM - 23 July, 2008
i dont know about using the ddm4000 w tracktor or vdj although i own both (not tracktor scratch) havent really tried to use it with those programs yet. and i really never use tractor fucking GUI sucks ass i get frustrated. mabey someone else can help ya out...sorry
Kadilac 7:04 PM - 23 July, 2008
yeah, I only gig w/Serato but I would like to use one of the nobs on the 4000 to scroll tracks and crates. I think it's my MIDI interface since the activity lights wont light up.

MIDI is the future so I may keep this mixer.
Dj BuddyLove 7:30 PM - 23 July, 2008
kool,
yea i know the midi is working pretty nicely on my serato. just fyi
i guess ill fool around with tracktor a bit and see if i can get it working.
i think tracktor is pretty nice with certin features. but the gui & look of it is crap. plus dosnt read my itunes smart playlist's..
Kadilac 8:30 PM - 23 July, 2008
ok, I got it working with Serato. I had to DL the new drivers for my interface.

DAMNNNN!!!!!
I can't believe I'm scrolling and loading tracks from a 4-channel, 2 FX unit, 2 bank sampler,2 XLR mic inputs with dedicated FX, XLR outs with dedicated sub out, backlit screen having, MIDI capable $329 dollar mixer!!! DAMN!!

I have a TTM57($1249)and the only it does better IMO are the faders and possibly sound quality(which goes to shit anyway if the pa is crappy).
No wonder I've been seeing so many used 57's on Ebay lately!!
Dj BuddyLove 8:59 PM - 23 July, 2008
deepdjdanny 10:42 AM - 27 July, 2008
Dj BuddyLove 10:50 AM - 27 July, 2008
^^hay no stealing my smiley
lol
spin 4:32 PM - 27 July, 2008
Anyone have video of the DDM4000 being used with Serato?
Konix 2:44 AM - 28 July, 2008
Not yet but I will have some video demos up in a couple weeks. Picked up a DDM4000 for dirt cheap also ($300 price match at GC). Have to say (yikes) I'm very impressed with the mixer so far (and this coming from someone who owns a Xone:92 and TTM-57). Yes I know it's a Behringer and will probably break in a year, but damn, for $300 I don't care, there's just so much packed in this mixer it's unreal.

The effects sound really good, dare I say just as good, if not better, than the DJM-800's and the 57's. They're just much more "customizable." But yes my only nit-pick is the echo effect isn't post fader unless assigned to master output. The sampler is a little tricky to use also, but I think I'm getting the hang of it. Definitely not as easy to use as a PVDJ Grabber/Soundbite XL loop sampler, which I also have, so might hang onto that for now. I just wish the sampler would start playing as soon as it's done recording. You have to record the loop/sample, then trigger it, then line it up and usually pitch bend it to get it in time/sync. But as I said I'm getting good at it and can do this in under 10 seconds after recording the loop/sample.

I haven't even got into the MIDI yet, waiting on a USB to 5-pin DIN MIDI adapter cable. Also to anyone that has a DDM4000, how does the "chain" fx input selector work? Can't seem to figure it out.

But, for $300, I don't think any mixer comes close for the features to price ratio. Behringer definitely stepped it up a notch with this mixer. The only thing that has yet to be determined is the quality/longevity of this mixer, and if that there's, I think we'll have a winner here and will have a lot of people second guessing.
DjRekTek 3:15 AM - 28 July, 2008
Quote:
Not yet but I will have some video demos up in a couple weeks. Picked up a DDM4000 for dirt cheap also ($300 price match at GC). Have to say (yikes) I'm very impressed with the mixer so far (and this coming from someone who owns a Xone:92 and TTM-57). Yes I know it's a Behringer and will probably break in a year, but damn, for $300 I don't care, there's just so much packed in this mixer it's unreal.

The effects sound really good, dare I say just as good, if not better, than the DJM-800's and the 57's. They're just much more "customizable." But yes my only nit-pick is the echo effect isn't post fader unless assigned to master output. The sampler is a little tricky to use also, but I think I'm getting the hang of it. Definitely not as easy to use as a PVDJ Grabber/Soundbite XL loop sampler, which I also have, so might hang onto that for now. I just wish the sampler would start playing as soon as it's done recording. You have to record the loop/sample, then trigger it, then line it up and usually pitch bend it to get it in time/sync. But as I said I'm getting good at it and can do this in under 10 seconds after recording the loop/sample.

I haven't even got into the MIDI yet, waiting on a USB to 5-pin DIN MIDI adapter cable. Also to anyone that has a DDM4000, how does the "chain" fx input selector work? Can't seem to figure it out.

But, for $300, I don't think any mixer comes close for the features to price ratio. Behringer definitely stepped it up a notch with this mixer. The only thing that has yet to be determined is the quality/longevity of this mixer, and if that there's, I think we'll have a winner here and will have a lot of people second guessing.

Quality/longevity....thats the key. Glad you like it so far, like I said in a previous post, I am very impressed with this mixer. All the doubters really need to give this beast a try.
Dj BuddyLove 4:01 AM - 28 July, 2008
Quote:

Thanks for the feed back Konix,
you are 100% correct..
Kadilac 2:43 AM - 30 July, 2008
Here's my vid fellas!
www.youtube.com
Sorry about the quality.
Konix 2:57 AM - 30 July, 2008
Nice vid. Just to help you out...

Quote:
I haven't figured out how to make it scroll through the crates and through the playlists

Assign the "tab" button (bottom area in MIDI library assign mode) to one of the buttons on the DDM.
Kadilac 3:46 AM - 30 July, 2008
gotcha
Dj BuddyLove 12:36 PM - 30 July, 2008
nice vid thanks
DJ Jonasty 2:08 PM - 30 July, 2008
I've got my 800 to work with midi, except.... It will stop before it gets to the 1st song in any crate, it also won't scroll up to the "all" crate. Does anybody know how to fix this?
deepdjdanny 11:16 AM - 31 July, 2008
not enough buttons for autoloops >:(
deepdjdanny 11:30 AM - 31 July, 2008
am using EQ buttons of channel strips 1 & 4 as the only 4 selectable 'my favourite autoloop length presets'.
and the !crossfader! as the scroll knob. Damn heh!?
Channel 1 fader as main pitch control Left Deck in internal mode... microwave 3000.
Channel 4 fader as main pitch control Right Deck in internal mode... microwave 3000.
Sample mix knob as fine pitch control Left Deck in internal mode... microwave 3000.
Crossfader curve knob as fine pitch control Right Deck in internal mode... microwave 3000.
Oh! The embarassment!
Couple more button assignments for extra autoloops would be great. Perhaps I should assign the Mic section to MIDI too.
Still wanna build my own MIDI/HID controller thingy though.
deepdjdanny 11:36 AM - 31 July, 2008
anyway
DjRekTek 12:40 PM - 31 July, 2008
Quote:
Here's my vid fellas!
www.youtube.com
Sorry about the quality.

I liked the "don't hate"....now if I can find time to get my midi up and running on his thing.

So Kadilac....how do you really feel about this mixer thus far?

Have you played out with it yet? If so, how do you think it performed vs. other top knotch mixers?
Kadilac 7:55 PM - 31 July, 2008
Yeah, I had to say don't hate, cause alot of people hate Behringer maybe rightly so, but this mixer is a beast! You can personilize everything on it. There are waaaayy too many options to list. The only thing that would make it better would be fader start for cdj's and a better crossfader for scratching. You see the 57 was on the floor and the 4000 was hooked up, that should tell you something!

Things it has for $300 bucks that the 57 doesn't have for $1200+.
2 XLR mic inputs, with an excellent fx section just for the mics with adjustable talkover!
Better overall fx that are easier to use.
4 channels of course!
MIDI to control other applications
Digital output
Built in sampler that can be engaged while playing 2 or more tracks
The crossfader has a dedicated EQ kill section! So you can kill the bass or mids as you are sliding it over! (you have to try it to get it:)

I didn't gig with it last night but, I will soon!
dj offchops 10:22 AM - 3 August, 2008
can any one tell me how to set up the midi on the ddm4000 have cme usb to midi interface conected to midi in and out,sent midi dump, press button and then selected asinment and enter nothing hapens.i am new to midi and dumb
if any one can help that would be cool tanks
Kadilac 12:14 PM - 3 August, 2008
Make sure the interface "in" is connected to the mixer MIDI "out". This was the mistake I was making! Update the drivers for your interface.
dj offchops 3:08 PM - 3 August, 2008
cheers kadilac will try that in morning catch ya
Konix 1:32 AM - 3 September, 2008
Check out my video of the DDM4000 controlling SSL via the mixer's MIDI...

Watchwww.youtube.com
bboysupafly 3:52 AM - 3 September, 2008
yeah I tried the midi, but I just returned it back to guitar center.

fader suck on the cut, I'm a scratch dj and wouldn't recommend this mixer to those who like messing with the cut.
Konix 4:05 AM - 3 September, 2008
Well, I think it should be fairly obvious this mixer isn't designed for the scratch DJ, but more for the mix/EDM DJ.

But, maybe a ProX Fade or Innofader will fit it?
DjRekTek 2:22 PM - 3 September, 2008
Quote:
yeah I tried the midi, but I just returned it back to guitar center.

fader suck on the cut, I'm a scratch dj and wouldn't recommend this mixer to those who like messing with the cut.

So ya givin up on her...
Konix 2:34 PM - 3 September, 2008
Also to anyone that has the DDM4000, do your gain knobs fully cut/kill the music? Mine don't, I thought that's just how it was and didn't think much of it, until someone said their gains fully kill. Mine kill most of the way, but I still hear the music very slightly. Janky unit?
Dj BuddyLove 3:48 PM - 3 September, 2008
nice vid as always konix...
so you dont use your crossfaders for mixing? only sliders? as for the kills they fully kill once you turn down all three knobs.. highs,mid,low (atleast mine do?)
and konix how can someone (like me) add another external midi device like say a trigger finger to add to the midi control? so i could use the ddm & a trigger finger ect..thanks in advance...

god job agian konix keep it up & thanks
Konix 4:47 PM - 3 September, 2008
Quote:
so you dont use your crossfaders for mixing? only sliders?

Yeah I don't use the crossfader for mixing, I mix with the channel faders only. More control. But as I'm sure you know, I can just press a button or two to load a different user profile if I need to use the crossfader.

Quote:
as for the kills they fully kill once you turn down all three knobs.. highs,mid,low (atleast mine do?)

Yes, the EQs fully kill when they are all all the way left, but I'm talking about the actual gain knobs at the top. With the gain all the way down and the channel fader all the way up, I can still hear the music faintly. Does yours do that?

Quote:
and konix how can someone (like me) add another external midi device like say a trigger finger to add to the midi control? so i could use the ddm & a trigger finger ect

I don't know if SSL can read two different MIDI controllers at the same time, but I don't see why not. Just plug the other MIDI controller in and see. I have an MPD16 also, but I only got 2 USB ports and will need to get a hub to test.
bboysupafly 6:17 PM - 3 September, 2008
I also own an innofader but it is not compatible with this mixer. Its a digital mixer so it'd be impossible.

same goes for the PXF
Dj BuddyLove 7:18 PM - 3 September, 2008
Quote:
Yes, the EQs fully kill when they are all all the way left, but I'm talking about the actual gain knobs at the top. With the gain all the way down and the channel fader all the way up, I can still hear the music faintly. Does yours do that?

hummm??? never noticed ill look into it though.

Quote:
I don't know if SSL can read two different MIDI controllers at the same time, but I don't see why not. Just plug the other MIDI controller in and see. I have an MPD16 also, but I only got 2 USB ports and will need to get a hub to test.

ok but is there any sorta thing as a multiple midi box that can send mutiple midi units hooked to it to send midi data to the pc??
dj_penguin 9:57 PM - 3 September, 2008
Quote:
ok but is there any sorta thing as a multiple midi box that can send mutiple midi units hooked to it to send midi data to the pc??

Yes, it's called a multiport MIDI interface. You might benefit from doing some reading about the basics of MIDI --> en.wikipedia.org
Dj BuddyLove 11:01 PM - 3 September, 2008
hahaha thanx yea!! im a midi noob

just started toying with it since ssl intergrated it..

thanx agian
Dj BuddyLove 2:53 AM - 4 September, 2008
hay konix

getting back at ya about the gain thingy..
yes im also having that issue as well just tested it out.
you know what i was thinking it might be in the factory settings that way..(why i dont know)

but you can customize your levels in the user settings..that might work
Konix 2:59 AM - 4 September, 2008
Well, I don't know if it's an "issue," a lot of mixers' gains don't fully kill, like my Xone:92, which is what I'm used to anyway, as I said I just assumed this was just how it was, and that's fine if it is. Just somebody said their gains fully kill. Maybe he was talking about the EQs too, don't know. Not that big a deal really.
Dj BuddyLove 4:20 AM - 4 September, 2008
yea not a big deal for me either..

im still loving this thing :)
deepdjdanny 12:47 PM - 4 September, 2008
left side of channel 3 is now dropping out, it's definitely the ddm4000. :)
ohh well. there goes the top of the range, flagship behringer.
deepdjdanny 12:52 PM - 4 September, 2008
nice vid Konix.
Dj BuddyLove 5:21 PM - 4 September, 2008
Quote:
left side of channel 3 is now dropping out, it's definitely the ddm4000. :)
ohh well. there goes the top of the range, flagship behringer.

i know you should still have a warenty on it..
weird because ive been using mine alot and pretty much giving it a serious work out havnt noticed any probs..
Kadilac 2:34 PM - 5 September, 2008
yeah I've noticed a few things.
First, sometimes I hit a button the wrong way and it will freeze up and I have to turn it off then back on.
The FX are good but I can't seem to figure out how to route them correctly to perform an echo out.
The EQ is good but not great. I little sensitive and off center.
My hand hits the low freq kill, near the fader sometimes.
Mic section is extremely "hot".
I still can't get over the fact that it's not heavier.
Maybe if it was my primary mixer I would like or hate it more.
But all in all for $329 with MIDI control of SSL I'm satisfied.
DJBigT 10:18 AM - 11 September, 2008
Quote:

The FX are good but I can't seem to figure out how to route them correctly to perform an echo out.

Yeah i've tried this in every way possible. It seems that without a echo out function this is actually useless. who wants to add an echo just to have it quickly turned off or at best brought down until you can`t hear it anymore.

Also i've notice the line level read outs seem to be pre eq, meaning they down change when u kill the bass etc which is good. but only having 4 yellows and 3 red lights to measure by just isn`t enough.

good mixer though
Konix 1:53 PM - 11 September, 2008
The echo needs to be assigned to the master output to be post fader (or chain w/ the other FX bank assigned to master) if that's what you mean by "echo out." If it's just assigned to an individual channel (i.e. 1,2,3,4), then the echo will go out when you lower the fader.
DJBigT 7:59 PM - 11 September, 2008
Quote:
The echo needs to be assigned to the master output to be post fader (or chain w/ the other FX bank assigned to master) if that's what you mean by "echo out." If it's just assigned to an individual channel (i.e. 1,2,3,4), then the echo will go out when you lower the fader.

Yes but on most other mixers, ie DJM600/800 when you press the OFF button and have the FX routed to Master, The Echo is not applied to the signal from that moment on. Not affecting the Echo that was already in play.
On the Behringer when you press the button the Echo suddenly cuts out. No matter where you route it. For me this elimanates the use of the Echo.
Konix 8:26 PM - 11 September, 2008
Well I don't think the 600/800 work like that either, sounds more like you want a "hold echo" like the DJM-909 or TTM-57 has where when you disengage/turn off the effect you can still hear the "tail" of the echo? Correct? That's what the "fade" parameter on the echo does when it's on "on," but it cuts out only after whatever amount of beats you have preset, so if you only are doing a 1/2 beat echo, you only get an extra 1/2 beat of the "tail" after pressing the button to turn it off. 4 beats you get and extra 4 beats after turning it off. Pretty lame, maybe that can be fixed via a firmware update. But I always drop the fader which does the same thing, so not a big deal for me, but I understand your complaint.
Konix 8:58 PM - 11 September, 2008
Oh sorry, I think I see what you are saying now. You must be a Hiphop DJ and do the echo out of mixes. Sorry, I'm an EDM DJ and don't do that. But yes, doesn't look like you can do that with the DDM4000, since that would require the echo to be post fade on the individual channels. It works if you drop the gain knobs, but the gains don't fully kill. That wouldn't be so bad if gains fully killed the music, but they don't. Looks like all you can do is stop the record or platter when you engage the effect if you want the "hiphop dj echo out" effect.
DJBigT 9:40 PM - 11 September, 2008
No i am an EDM dj i i would use this when adding echo fx to a build, on the DDM4000 if you disengage the echo at the end of a build up it sounds really bad as compared to a Pio. for such a small thing i really can`t complain too much. The echo and the fact that there are only 6 leds for each channel level indicator is really all i have to complain about so far. i've been playin the hell out of my friends unit and can`t wait to own one of my own.

Konix. does having the crossfader control your scrolling on Serato ever overshoot what your trying to select. are there ever problems getting the correct song selected. i would imagine its not as accurate as i would like.
DJMark 9:07 AM - 12 September, 2008
Quote:
yeah I've noticed a few things.
First, sometimes I hit a button the wrong way and it will freeze up and I have to turn it off then back on.

Do I understand correctly that the actual mixer needs to be switched off and back on again in that situation (as in, rebooted)?

Or did you simply mean the particular function (controlled by whatever button you pressed) needs to be toggled?
Kadilac 7:10 PM - 12 September, 2008
The mixer needs to be turned off then back on.
deepdjdanny 1:10 PM - 14 September, 2008
wonder if behringer i reading this.
DJBigT 5:18 PM - 16 September, 2008
i hope so. Konix any feedback on how its working with Serato so far, looked great in the vid wonder if any problems have arose?
bourbonstmc 5:26 PM - 16 September, 2008
Konix is probably still w/o power. He's in a part of the woods of east Texas where the power lines all come from Houston. :)
Konix 6:24 PM - 16 September, 2008
Still no power :( , not expecting to get it back until Friday. Seems like everyone in the city has power except us. Getting a little annoyed. No power, no TV, no internet I can deal with, but no hot water, no stove (electric, no gas, I miss gas stoves), no fridge really sucks. But my wife's work has power (college/university), so I'm here most of the day :).

Anyway, no problems with the DDM w/MIDI and SSL, works great. Well, I have encounter a minor and random problem a couple times. Sometimes I'll hit one MIDI button on the mixer and it does something else in SSL that it's not mapped to. Don't know if it's an SSL or DDM problem though, or combination of both. Or maybe I'm just accidentally brushing or pressing another button, not sure, as the mixer is obviously very cramped with loads of buttons, knobs, and sliders and that's possible. But for the most part, it's working great and really like it. Almost like using the 57. In fact it can do a few things the 57 can't, like expand/collapse crates/subcrates.

Quote:
No i am an EDM dj i i would use this when adding echo fx to a build, on the DDM4000 if you disengage the echo at the end of a build up it sounds really bad as compared to a Pio. for such a small thing i really can`t complain too much

Ah, so you do want a hold echo then, where the echo doesn't just stop when you press the off button. Again, using the fade option does that, but not very well unless you are doing a 4 or 8 beat echo. Try using the reverb effects then with the fade option on, I use that a lot on build ups, especially the cathedral setting. Sounds better than echoing IMO.
Dj BuddyLove 1:35 AM - 17 September, 2008
not to get off topic (kinda) haha
but Konix what do you think of the New A&H 4D

SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET........

www.allen-heath.com
DJBigT 1:39 AM - 17 September, 2008
sorry to hear about still not having power. I'm in Dallas and have a brother staying with me from Houston so i`m feelin your pain. Glad tp hear that its still going without a hitch. i am def picking this bad boy up next week. callin it my 57Killa. haha. Thanks for the tip on the reverb, i'll check it out.

btw your have to holla at me next time your in DFW if ever
Konix 4:29 AM - 17 September, 2008
Ah, finally got power back.

Quote:
but Konix what do you think of the New A&H 4D

It's nice, a little over kill for me though, and I have a Xone:92 also :P

Quote:
btw your have to holla at me next time your in DFW if ever

I might take you up on that sometime, soon. I just moved down here to Nacogdoches and haven't been to Dallas yet and hear it's nice and want to check it out. I have an Aunt that lives in Houston. Need to check out some (EDM) clubs and start getting some gigs, cause there ain't shit in Nacogdoches.
andre0814 1:52 PM - 18 September, 2008
Quote:

What’s up Konix I was just curious to see what offer you used to price match at GC the lowest price I have gotten has been $330.00 if you can help me out I would really appreciated it
DJBigT 4:30 PM - 22 September, 2008
abesofmaine.com
Konix 4:51 PM - 22 September, 2008
Quote:
abesofmaine.com

Yep, it was at $299, now it's at $315.
andre0814 5:57 PM - 22 September, 2008
Quote:
Quote:
abesofmaine.com

Yep, it was at $299, now it's at $315.

Alright cool thanks for the Help (DJBigT /Konix)
Idlemind1999 8:47 PM - 30 September, 2008
I would (and may) buy one of these to breathe some life back into my SL-1 that I have (honestly) not used outside of the house since I got my 57. I wonder if it will fit in my UDG Creator bag? I'm going to check it out at GC when i leave work.

I'll report back...if anyone wants to know....
Dj BuddyLove 8:59 PM - 30 September, 2008
Quote:
I would (and may) buy one of these to breathe some life back into my SL-1 that I have (honestly) not used outside of the house since I got my 57.

cool...do it youll love it. esp for the price $$$

Quote:
I wonder if it will fit in my UDG Creator bag?

I doubt it...

Quote:
I'm going to check it out & BUY IT!!! at GC when i leave work.

:P
Kadilac 9:16 PM - 30 September, 2008
This thing is huge, it won't fit in a UDG bag. I just put it back in the original box to transport it. Funny thing happened the other night, I wanted more volume in the club, so I turned it UP! I had the Ultramizer at Full Pump and pushed the max volume into the red! The damn thing let out a loud high pitched noised and locked up! I had to turn it off then back on to reset everything.

Do any of you guys use the Ultramizer settings?
I noticed that the EQ is pretty much useless when I use it at full pump.

I'm thinking about selling it and my SL-1 for the NS7 when it drops.
Dj BuddyLove 9:22 PM - 30 September, 2008
Quote:
This thing is huge, it won't fit in a UDG bag. I just put it back in the original box to transport it. Funny thing happened the other night, I wanted more volume in the club, so I turned it UP! I had the Ultramizer at Full Pump and pushed the max volume into the red! The damn thing let out a loud high pitched noised and locked up! I had to turn it off then back on to reset everything.

Do any of you guys use the Ultramizer settings?
I noticed that the EQ is pretty much useless when I use it at full pump.

I'm thinking about selling it and my SL-1 for the NS7 when it drops.

dude Kadilac..dont know what to tell you bro.
take yours back for a re-fund or new one seems yours is giving you hell.
mine hasnt shown any signs of problems esp: freezing this is the 2nd post of yours doing the freeze thing. man yours is f*cked up. i havent heard of anyone else having any problems (atleast of yet)
Kadilac 9:30 PM - 30 September, 2008
I know, I know. This is only my back-up mixer. I've only gigged with it twice, will be three times this weekend. I have an extended warranty I may use. If I could perform a echo-out I would be totally in love with this thing. I use my 57 primarily and I'm not even 100% in love with it either. So go figure.
Dj BuddyLove 9:33 PM - 30 September, 2008
get a 4D
www.allen-heath.com

Ahhhhhhh....Heaven :)
Kadilac 10:46 PM - 30 September, 2008
Yeah, it looks sweet, but I'm a Hop-Hop DJ, so I'm waiting for Pioneer to update the DJM-909!!
JCribb 1:11 AM - 1 October, 2008
Am I crazy that I want to sell my TTM-54i for 200 bucks and my Pioneer EFX-500 (mint condition also) for $250 so that I can consolidate into a Behringer DDM4000?

Obviously I will have a little left over cash in my pocket.

I spin all EDM and never have been a scratch dj and I don't gig.

How do the DDM4000's effects compare to the EFX-500? Better, worse, easier to use on the EFX-500 in terms of feedback loop where you can chop up the beat?

Thoughts?
Dj BuddyLove 1:48 AM - 1 October, 2008
i dont own a Efx 500,
but my advice would be not to sell it..
hold on to it and add on tho the ddm if you deside to get it.
Konix 2:22 AM - 1 October, 2008
You can't do feedback loops on the DDM4000. The effects overall though are "better" than the EFX-500, however, they are not as "simple" to use as the EFXs, there's more steps involved switching and setting them up.
JCribb 1:19 PM - 1 October, 2008
Konix, like you said, the fact that the DDM4000 has MIDI on it as well as it is virtually a Pioneer DJM-800 clone with some extra bells and whistles makes this unit attractive. I can deal with the 'more involvement' with the effects, but how is the sound quality of this unit overall? I know that when I run my EFX-500 through my Rane TTM 54i, the EFX-500 DEFINITELY degrades the sound quality.

How long have you owned your unit for and have you had any issues at all?
Konix 2:04 PM - 1 October, 2008
There's no sound degradation with the DDM4000's effects as far as I can hear. Overall sound quality is decent...not great, but not bad. Though I haven't hooked it up to anything bigger than some small studio monitors, I've never used it on a "big" club system. I've had mine for about 2 months now, no problems with it. Certainly nothing like Kadilac's experiencing. The DDM has its quirks (small channel LEDs, FX limitations, overall "cheap" feel), but for under $325, can't really complain much for all that it can do.
Idlemind1999 2:18 PM - 1 October, 2008
I went to "visit" the DDM4000 at GC in Brooklyn last night. They seemed to only have 2. One was the display that seemed to be on whenever the store was open for who knows how long. Its in an area where the casual passer-by cant resist touching it. The second one, which i was about to buy was sitting on the floor near the first one. (in fact I thought it was just the box from the display). I went in, spoke with the sales guy, (who was either busy, uninterested or clueless about this mixer) and I had printed out price quotes from a few sites... The lowest price I saw was around $320. GC had it for $399. They took the $320 quote and added the next day shipping price to it to arrive at about $375 after taxes. It was my intention to buy the mixer and spend the money I saved on the price to get the extended warranty in case the quality claims were actually as bad as I hear. The sales guy said the normal warranty was only 60 days and only covers manufacturing defects, (not normal wear). I know from my research, that its a year. He also told me that the GC warranty piggy-backs the manufacturer warranty (adds a year to the original year). Others have told me that they are counting down at the same time; and others have said that the GC warrantee REPLACES the normal warrantee. I dont know the truth...

To make matters worse, I was a Judge in the GC Spin-off and they gave me a judges discount card (10% or something) so I figured I'd use that on top of the rest.. but the same sales guy would not take it. He said, "You can't discount a discount". So I decided to wait. I will go to the GC in Queens (where i was the judge) and see if I can get a better price.

I will also try iDJ now (since its close) and a few other spots.

I'll check back..
JCribb 2:30 PM - 1 October, 2008
Konix can you send me a link to the usb to midi cable I need?
JCribb 2:42 PM - 1 October, 2008
I found this one www.pssl.com

But, are the cheaper ones recommended like this?

www.amazon.com
Konix 3:37 PM - 1 October, 2008
I have that M-Audio UNO cable you linked. I'm sure any MIDI to USB cable would work though.

Idlemind1999, here's a price for $315... www.abesofmaine.com (add to cart to see price, then print that out)

And I just had a great idea on how to do echo out of mixes with the echo assigned to a channel and not the master, and it works pretty well. So listen up Kadilac and DJBigT. In multi-EQ mode, the kill buttons on each channel can be set to your liking, which I knew, but didn't think about using it for doing an echo out of mix workaround. Anyway, move all the EQs knobs left to cut all the frequencies and kill the sound. Now press and hold the "mode" button, then press P1. Now, the P1 button in multi-mode will kill all the music. Repeat for the other channels. Now just engage in the echo effect, then quickly press P1 (in multi-mode). And there you go, music is killed, but echo's tail still plays, and you got your "hiphop dj echo out of mix" effect.
Dj BuddyLove 3:44 PM - 1 October, 2008
^^haha Konix is a stright genius.
damm Konix dont you work a normal job.
seems like you got a hell of alot of time to fiddle with equip & codes and whatever tech stuff out there..

lol :)
Kadilac 3:49 PM - 1 October, 2008
Thanks Konix I'm going to try that!!
Dj BuddyLove 3:51 PM - 1 October, 2008
@idlemind1999 im planning on buying a efx 1000 & a korg Korg KP3 Kaoss Pad to add to the DDM..

what can i say im a effects nut..
(love coming up with new sounds ect..)
DJBigT 3:40 AM - 2 October, 2008
Quote:
I have that M-Audio UNO cable you linked. I'm sure any MIDI to USB cable would work though.

Idlemind1999, here's a price for $315... www.abesofmaine.com (add to cart to see price, then print that out)

And I just had a great idea on how to do echo out of mixes with the echo assigned to a channel and not the master, and it works pretty well. So listen up Kadilac and DJBigT. In multi-EQ mode, the kill buttons on each channel can be set to your liking, which I knew, but didn't think about using it for doing an echo out of mix workaround. Anyway, move all the EQs knobs left to cut all the frequencies and kill the sound. Now press and hold the "mode" button, then press P1. Now, the P1 button in multi-mode will kill all the music. Repeat for the other channels. Now just engage in the echo effect, then quickly press P1 (in multi-mode). And there you go, music is killed, but echo's tail still plays, and you got your "hiphop dj echo out of mix" effect.

Great idea, but i want the echo "tail" to play over the Master track as in at the peak of a large build then drop, but your idea would work great for Hip Hop. Now you should video it. Still haven`t had a chance to pick one of these up but def gonna get it soon. Also i`m researching Serato Itch. so may just sell the tables and for that new Vestax unit, Snooch! i don`t think i could sell my 1st Techs though...
Konix 3:24 PM - 2 October, 2008
Quote:

Great idea, but i want the echo "tail" to play over the Master track as in at the peak of a large build then drop

Ah, so you want a "hold echo" as we already talked about where the echo tail still plays over the music after you disengage the effect. Well, I didn't think it was possible with the DDM, but actually it is! Being the super sleuth I am and figuring out how to do the echo out workaround, I've found the "trick" to do a hold echo, so I will tell you, and it's actually simple now that I think about and can't believe I didn't think of it sooner :)

The effects also have EQ kill switches to filter out frequencies in the effect signal path. What you are going to want to do is first engage the echo effect, but keep the depth knob all the way down so you don't hear any echo. Now press all 3 EQ kill buttons in the effect section to kill all the frequencies. Now turn the depth knob up with the effect engaged, but you still aren't going to hear any echo since all the frequencies are killed. Now press the 3 FX EQ kill switches (or really you only need to press mid and high to get the most of the effect, not much goes into the lows) again to bring the frequencies back into the effect. Now you will start hearing the echo. Now just press the EQ kills again to kill the frequencies, echo will stop processing, but the remaining tail of the echo will continue over the music. There you go, hold echo!

So basically, you're using the EQ kill switches to turn the effect on/off (though the actual FX on/off button still needs to be on).
Konix 5:13 PM - 3 October, 2008
Quote:
Now you should video it.

Watchwww.youtube.com
Dj BuddyLove 9:18 AM - 4 October, 2008
cool tricks & vid Konix :)

i likes
DJ C-Mac 11:07 PM - 5 October, 2008
I bought a behringer mixer (4 channel) 3 years ago. Had some buzz/hum and was a POS IMO. As the saying goes "You can put lipstick on a Pig, but its still a Pig"..

I will never buy behringer again..but for someone with little funds who doesn't want quality it serves a purpose....
deepdjdanny 5:21 AM - 6 October, 2008
yup.
deepdjdanny 5:25 AM - 6 October, 2008
excellent workaround konix! :)
& yeah those bright blue leds kinda suck. it'd be good if they actually lit up the mixer surface so you could see knob positions. :) hint hint
DJBigT 3:59 PM - 7 October, 2008
Nice! your the man.
JCribb 6:00 PM - 20 October, 2008
I bought this mixer after reading all the hype here. All in all, it's a pretty damn good mixer for the price. The effects are pretty fun and different sounding than the Pioneers' arsenal. The faders feel nice and the MIDI is a nice feature.

My complaint thus far is that of HOW the effects are dialed up. In my opinion, it is a long process to dial up an effect and then assign it to a channel.

To assign an effect to a particular channel, you have to first hit the 'FX Assign' button, and then turn a knob to select the channel you want the effect on (1,2,3,4,Master), and then press the knob in to select it. The effect select is selected in the same way but by pressing the 'FX Select' button instead.

I wish there was just one knob (or button to toggle through the channels) to assign the effect and just one knob (or button) to toggle through the effects. This would make it much easier to dial up effects.

Does anyone know of a quicker way to dial up effects? Tricks, tips?
Jay Rags 8:46 PM - 21 October, 2008
I just bought this mixer a few days ago. I'm impressed so far. I want to use it for 10 days to see if I like it. I'll take it back if I have any problems. One thing I don't like is having so many buttons to turn on different effects. It's not too dj friendly as it appears that you have to own one to know where the effects are.

As I stated I just bought the ddm4000 and the tweeter/hf of my powered monitor of 3 1/2yrs no longer works. I had to order another $40 one. I hope this mixer didn't do that.
Dj BuddyLove 12:59 AM - 22 October, 2008
Quote:
As I stated I just bought the ddm4000 and the tweeter/hf of my powered monitor of 3 1/2yrs no longer works. I had to order another $40 one. I hope this mixer didn't do that.

doubt that..
unless you had the mixer vol levels way to high when you turned it on "power pop"
DJ 007 12:24 AM - 23 October, 2008
ok did i miss the whole point on how to set serato midi to the ddm4000. im still having trouble and read through the thread i must have missed it somewhere
DJ Sniffles 12:29 AM - 23 October, 2008
ehhh I messed around with this for a good hour or so at guitar center, and i personally dont think it holds weight to the 800
andre0814 4:25 PM - 23 October, 2008
Quote:
ok did i miss the whole point on how to set serato midi to the ddm4000. im still having trouble and read through the thread i must have missed it somewhere

Yea I had a little trouble setting it up at first but it is actually real quick and easy

1 Go to the knob between the effects processor and hold in down for 2 Seconds
2 A new menu will appear on the screen (on the mixer) scroll down with the same knob go to the Midi Settings
3 Chose what channel you want to assign with the knob (at this point the Blue led will turn off on the channel you chose)
4 Click on the Midi Button in the top portion of the Serato screen
5 A menu will pop up in the bottom portion on the screen(The Mixer has to be plugged in at this time)
6. Click on what you want to assign for example one of the cues then hold down the button on the mixer that you want to use as a trigger for this function the brown box will turn teal and you’re done

If you need more help with this let me know
Kadilac 2:13 PM - 24 October, 2008
Quote:
ehhh I messed around with this for a good hour or so at guitar center, and i personally dont think it holds weight to the 800

True, but it's $299-$399 vs $1399-1699.
That is a huge difference in this weak economy
where everybody is trying to save a buck.
I don't know about YOU but it would take me about 15 gigs to pay for a 800.
I'm just getting finished paying for my 57!
DjRekTek 9:39 AM - 26 October, 2008
Quote:
Quote:

True, but it's $299-$399 vs $1399-1699.
That is a huge difference in this weak economy
where everybody is trying to save a buck.
I don't know about YOU but it would take me about 15 gigs to pay for a 800.
I'm just getting finished paying for my 57!

True..true
Konix 4:12 PM - 13 November, 2008
I've just been informed after doing various test with Elliot Marx, head honcho at Audio Innovate, that the Innofader crossfader is compatible with the DDM4000. So slap one in the DDM4000 to make it a serious scratch mixer, since the stock crossfader is as we all know, not so good for scratching.
Dj BuddyLove 6:23 PM - 13 November, 2008
^^woo hoo
im not a scratch dj but hay i guess ill pop one in anyway..
DjRekTek 1:56 PM - 14 November, 2008
Konix where can I get this fader and is it just a simple plug and play?
Konix 2:46 PM - 14 November, 2008
bboysupafly 7:09 PM - 16 November, 2008
YEAH!! I've just tried the innofader on my ddm-4000 and it works!

now its a 1,200 mixer, with midi compability!

glad I got mine and started this thread............haha
Dj BuddyLove 9:05 PM - 16 November, 2008
how much did it cost ya bboysupafly..
im looking to find one cheap..
Kadilac 1:09 AM - 17 November, 2008
I'm looking to trade mine for a DJM-707. I just don't need all the bells and whistles. Maybe I just need to play with it a lil more.
bboysupafly 2:34 AM - 17 November, 2008
I found it for 329 at audioallies.com
Dj BuddyLove 10:03 AM - 17 November, 2008
$329.00 WTF!$!$!
thats a f*ck load of money for a fader.."i hope your just talking out the innofader" not the mixer..

Innofaders i see run about $100.00 to 120.00 bucks
www.turntablelab.com
DJ Rugged One 4:45 PM - 17 November, 2008
I think he's talking about the mixer not the fader.
bboysupafly 5:30 PM - 17 November, 2008
yeah I'm talking about the mixer.

I got my innofader straight from their website for $115 + free shipping
Dj BuddyLove 5:13 AM - 18 November, 2008
^^ooh ok..
i was about to say you "GOT JACKED" :)
tekpro 5:08 AM - 21 November, 2008
What's up. Just recently aqcquired the DDM4000 and the Midi Control capability is pretty crazy. I like how it has kill switch features on the crossfader and on top of the channel strips. There are two seperate efx channels that can be assigned to any of the four channels, sampler and mic. I got this due to the price and feautures that this mixer has. It has five user settings so you can switch the mixer to different DVS setups. (Scratch Live, Traktor Pro, PCDJ, Final Scratch, etc). I soon will attach stanton's dascratch midi controller for extra features capability. The only thing missing from this mixer is video scratch capability.
Kadilac 7:15 PM - 22 November, 2008
Just sold mine for a Rodec Scratchbox($499)!
Dj BuddyLove 1:13 PM - 23 November, 2008
hay konix have you bought a innofader for the ddm yet???
if so hos it working for ya..
also i belive in your midi setup vid on the ddm you mentioned sonthing about replaceable knobs ??? or pots ??? cany ypu allaborate. please.
because if i can replace the pots & knobs on this thing..it fucking be off the chain.
innofader & heavy duty pots new knobs "chrome :)"

thanks k
samiautomatic 9:15 AM - 25 November, 2008
Why would you ask about Behringer products on Ranes website????? Rane is the way to go, but... if money is tight don't go with Behringer. Their products used to be good until they stopped manufacturing in Germany. Now the use mice running on wheels inside to power them!!!
DjRekTek 11:44 AM - 25 November, 2008
Quote:
Why would you ask about Behringer products on Ranes website????? Rane is the way to go, but... if money is tight don't go with Behringer. Their products used to be good until they stopped manufacturing in Germany. Now the use mice running on wheels inside to power them!!!

You may want to check it out personally before you comment on this particular unit.
phillyrasta1 3:00 AM - 30 November, 2008
This mixer is the bomb for less than $400.I actually like it better than my ttm57 most of the time.Konix you are the man dude.I can't get my uno to work.It lights up but it does not see the mixer or something.I followed the video tutorial.I tried it on both my macbooks.Help
DjRekTek 2:46 AM - 1 December, 2008
Quote:
YEAH!! I've just tried the innofader on my ddm-4000 and it works!

now its a 1,200 mixer, with midi compability!

glad I got mine and started this thread............haha

i just ordered the innofader the other day, ill let you know how it works out. I wonder if it will work with my pioneer djm 3000. i checked the site and it does not list the 3000 at all, i think the only pioneer mixer it will work with is the 800.
Dj BuddyLove 2:59 AM - 1 December, 2008
^^ i really want to know how it works out b 4 i buy..

thanks rek
Kadilac 3:20 AM - 1 December, 2008
The Innofader is sweet, totally customisable!
I sold my DDM4000 for this! cgi.ebay.com
I thought why pay $115 for an Innofader when I can get the AEM-100i for $270.
emarx 2:27 PM - 7 December, 2008
FYI the Innofader will work on the DJM-800 with an adapter which will be available in the near future:

www.audioinnovate.com

Same topic is also on DJ Forums:

www.djforums.com
DjRekTek 7:11 AM - 10 December, 2008
Just got the Innofader today and popped it in the DDM4000....

BUTTER!
emarx 8:39 AM - 10 December, 2008
Glad you like it :D)
DjRekTek 9:09 AM - 10 December, 2008
Quote:
Glad you like it :D)

emarx...you rep the company? If so, will this work with a Pioneer DJM-3000. I was too lazy to pull the fader out today to check. It is not listed at all on the Innofader site.
alexplicit 11:27 AM - 10 December, 2008
I will buy this mixer probably next week... After almost a year, has any of you had any problem with this? Is there any reason why i should not buy?...thanks
DjRekTek 11:34 AM - 10 December, 2008
Quote:
I will buy this mixer probably next week... After almost a year, has any of you had any problem with this? Is there any reason why i should not buy?...thanks

I have only had mine for about 5 months, I have beat the shit out of it quite a few times. Tested all its tricks except for midi (see Konix), overall its a damn nice mixer for the price. I say try it out...if you are not impressed, return it. I just popped the Innofader in it yesterday, made a nice difference feel wise on the fader although the factory fader served its purpose and is not all bad. Lets be realistic...A Rane it is not...but a damn decent mixer..it definatley is!
emarx 2:53 PM - 10 December, 2008
Hey RekTek,

Yes I started Audio Innovate from scratch. Also got some sales guys helping out in the US and manufacturing support in Taiwan. Punky helps out with US sales and he's pretty active on DJ Forums.

Most Pioneer mixers don't have much fader space and leave just enough space for their compact lightweight carbon faders. On the DJM-800 there's actually a PCB cutout and plenty of space for a fader with lots of depth. In addition, many Pioneer mixers have fader mounting unique to Pioneer.

Please check the following on the DJM-3000:
1) Check the spacing between the fader mounting holes, and if there is a separate fader plate, check the spacing for these holes too.
2) Make sure there is at least 45mm depth in the mixer.
3) See what style connector they use for the crossfader connector. Most of their mixers have a 3 pin connector.

If you want please sign up on our forum. We're creating threads for various mixers with special fitting.
DjRekTek 1:50 AM - 11 December, 2008
Quote:
Hey RekTek,

Yes I started Audio Innovate from scratch. Also got some sales guys helping out in the US and manufacturing support in Taiwan. Punky helps out with US sales and he's pretty active on DJ Forums.

Most Pioneer mixers don't have much fader space and leave just enough space for their compact lightweight carbon faders. On the DJM-800 there's actually a PCB cutout and plenty of space for a fader with lots of depth. In addition, many Pioneer mixers have fader mounting unique to Pioneer.

1) Check the spacing between the fader mounting holes, and if there is a separate fader plate, check the spacing for these holes too.
3) See what style connector they use for the crossfader connector. Most of their mixers have a 3 pin connector.

If you want please sign up on our forum. We're creating threads for various mixers with special fitting.

Thanks, ill check.
Dj BuddyLove 5:35 AM - 11 December, 2008
Quote:
Hey RekTek,

@ emarx,
i work part time @ quality electronics QEY
ive asked yonni the owner if he carry's the inofader so i could pick one up from him..(he hooks me up :P) but he told me he tried contacting you (i belive) a while back but got no responce..but said he was going to see if he can contact you ?? dont know if he did..
but if you want please contact him (yonni) or cathy (his wife)
at quality electronics..tell them buddy said he wants his innofader..hehehe (seriously tell him i spoke with you on the ssl fourm)

www.qualityelectronics.net
store.djhardwares.com

@alex
Quote:
I have only had mine for about longer then 5 months, I have beat the shit out of it quite a few times plus opened the fucker up. Tested all its tricks!!!!
overall its a damn nice mixer for the price. I say try it out...if you are not impressed, return it. the factory fader serve's its purpose and is not all bad. Lets be realistic...A Rane nor Allen & Heath it is not...but a damn decent mixer..it definatley is!

+1000000,000000000,00000000,000000000 infinity
DjRekTek 11:04 PM - 11 December, 2008
Quote:
Quote:
Hey RekTek,

Thanks, ill check.

The 3000 is a big no go!
Dj BuddyLove 5:27 AM - 20 December, 2008
Just ordered my innofader from agipro..
my x-mas gift to myself.

DjRekTek 8:05 AM - 20 December, 2008
Quote:
Just ordered my innofader from agipro..
my x-mas gift to myself.

Yeah, I guess that was the same idea I had....decent gift to self!
Dj BuddyLove 8:21 AM - 20 December, 2008
yea!!
the way everything looks..not gonna get anything from anyone...
as a matter of fact..havent gotten a gift @ x-mas for about 4 years..hehehe

i must have been bad..santa dosnt like me :P
DjRekTek 8:59 AM - 20 December, 2008
Quote:
yea!!
the way everything looks..not gonna get anything from anyone...
as a matter of fact..havent gotten a gift @ x-mas for about 4 years..hehehe

i must have been bad..santa dosnt like me :P

I feel your pain...I ussually dont get much either, although I dont expect to. I buy mostly for my daughter,my grandparents,my lil nephew, mom, and my old lady. The old lady is not getting very much this year, I told her I would help her out with her bills throughout the upcoming year.

On topic now...you will love the fader!! I am still getting used to it. Be careful when you take the stock fader out of the 4000 because Behringer odes not give you alot of slack on the wires. Also there is a little bead of glue on the connector of the stock fader. I popped it off with a small flathead. You can play with the settings of the curve and cut in. I still have not got mine where I think I like it because the adjustments are so fine. Just follow the instructions on the website carefully, they are a bit confusing at first. If you install the fader in your mixer away from your computer be sure to print off the instructions as the package the Innofader comes in does not contain any. They do give you everything else you will need aside from the electrical tape you will need to insulate the fader with. Just be extra careful when you make your adjustments to the curve and cut in due to the fact that you will probably need the fader out of the mixer but still plugged in so you can adjust as needed. You will see what I am talking about when you go to put it in. I guess a (no homo) would ben appropriate here. ha....Like I said this fader is butter!!!!Like it you will!YODA
Dj BuddyLove 10:53 AM - 20 December, 2008
^^cool..

yea i know about that fader lag & glue...
i had to open the entire mixer..(why??? no mixer probs..but i saw a f*ckin roach (i dont have roaches) run into one of the mixer fader openings..i was like holy shit!!!
grabbed me a phillips and started opening my mixer to kill the little bastad..dont want bugs laying eggs & living in my shit.. well didnt find the little fucker but did get a good look @ the mixer's (inside's) not much there except a chip board and crap..btw dont open yours up..its a bitch to get a the buttons to line up w/ the face plate agin..
DjRekTek 6:15 AM - 21 December, 2008
Quote:
^^cool..

yea i know about that fader lag & glue...
i had to open the entire mixer..(why??? no mixer probs..but i saw a f*ckin roach (i dont have roaches) run into one of the mixer fader openings..i was like holy shit!!!
grabbed me a phillips and started opening my mixer to kill the little bastad..dont want bugs laying eggs & living in my shit.. well didnt find the little fucker but did get a good look @ the mixer's (inside's) not much there except a chip board and crap..btw dont open yours up..its a bitch to get a the buttons to line up w/ the face plate agin..

Thats pretty funny....sounds like you might have some roaches now, but I hope not. You had your mixer anywhere besides your house? I'll take your advice and keep all the screws in the mixer.
Dj BuddyLove 6:16 AM - 27 December, 2008
just got my innofada!!
fuckin sweet!!
smooth as a mofo...
only one thing if elliot's still monitoring this thread..
how do i register it?? been on the site no regiter product link.
also didnt get any sticker :(
hehe is there any way i can send away for some sticky's :)

thanks..
my review "BUY ONE"
DjRekTek 9:46 AM - 27 December, 2008
Quote:
just got my innofada!!
fuckin sweet!!
smooth as a mofo...

thanks..
my review "BUY ONE"

Merry Christmas!

That reminds me, I need to know how to register as well. I kept my invoice from Audio Innovate. I guess that would be all you needed if something happened?
lastman standing 3:14 AM - 13 January, 2009
After reading this thread, I'm are seriously considering the DDM4000 over a used DJM600. I have an old (alot of hours on) DJM400, and want to upgrade.
DJ JAMES E 3:23 AM - 13 January, 2009
I'm thinking about picking one up for a gig this weekend that I have. I mainly want it for the midi controls of loading songs into the players without having to touch the laptop. Can anyone recommend a good midi > usb adapter that I can get locally? I'm in SoCal and I think if I have it shipped, I won't get it in time for Saturday, let alone any time prior to practice and set up the mixer's midi controls.
lastman standing 3:43 AM - 13 January, 2009
I;m serriusly ar:e rtarded..
Dj BuddyLove 6:13 AM - 17 January, 2009
Quote:
just got my innofada!!
fuckin sweet!!
smooth as a mofo...

thanks..
my review "BUY ONE"

If your thinking of getting the ddm..

"Get InnoFader"
thanks elliot (emarx)....
Watchwww.youtube.com
emarx 1:10 PM - 19 January, 2009
BuddyLove - please email me I'll send you some stickers

Rektek - Your Invoice is fine. We're pretty easy about fixing things that are obviously manufacturing defects.
Dj BuddyLove 1:20 PM - 19 January, 2009
^^kool Elliot.

much appriciated..
thanks for the help & a great product.
bboysupafly 6:21 PM - 19 January, 2009
Quote:

Rektek - Your Invoice is fine. We're pretty easy about fixing things that are obviously manufacturing defects.

sweet, elliot takes care of his customers.

Hey elliot, I started this post........don't I get a lil something............haha jk.

I already got the innofader and must say, I'm impressed.
DjRekTek 11:32 AM - 20 January, 2009
Quote:

Thanx Elliot...
InfamousDjK-Swift 7:35 PM - 2 February, 2009
Hi just got SSL, i've tried everything above to map my DDM4000 to control Serato.Do i have to go in the midi setup in the mixer and select the channels i want to map out.I've watched videos on youtube,read all the threads on this board to see if i could do it on my on but no luck.If anyone can explain this two me step by step i really would be thankful.
Konix 8:31 PM - 2 February, 2009
Yes you need to go into the console menu in the DDM first, then go into the MIDI section, and select which parts on the mixer you want as MIDI (mic, sampler, crossfader area, channels, etc.). Note though, that when you select an area on the mixer to use as MIDI, you cannot use it for its "normal" function. So if you select the sampler area to use as MIDI, you cannot use the sampler on the DDM then (you'll see all the lights on the buttons go out on that area when you select it as MIDI). Same with the other areas. The channels though have the option to mute the channel or not. If you don't mute the channel, you can still plug a source into that input and use the gain knob, but the EQ knobs still won't affect anything and will still only do MIDI.
InfamousDjK-Swift 1:34 AM - 3 February, 2009
Thanks Konix tryed what you advised went into the DDM Midi setting x on channel 1 went into Serato. Hit the Midi tap button mapped the channel 1 high knob it did turn teal,but it's not controling what i mapped it to control.Now i'm getting USB drops.Please let me know what it could be.
deepdjdanny 10:21 AM - 3 February, 2009
Quote:
Thanks Konix tryed what you advised went into the DDM Midi setting x on channel 1 went into Serato. Hit the Midi tap button mapped the channel 1 high knob it did turn teal,but it's not controling what i mapped it to control.Now i'm getting USB drops.Please let me know what it could be.

www.scratchlive.net
Konix 3:07 PM - 3 February, 2009
Quote:

What cable are you using for the MIDI? Are you using an M-Audio Uno? I remember someone posting there's a defect in Uno cables that have an "8" as the third digit of the serial number.
tailspin 2:31 AM - 22 June, 2009
I BOUGHT THIS MIXER AND LOVE IT.. read reviews and specs... and for the money, it fits my style of performing. I'm a mobile and club dj that uses the 1 turntable instant double feature of the Serato program. Although, I would love to have a Rane TTM 57, the price of it is out of my reach. I've had the chance to view and play on my fellow DJ comrades mixer and see no real difference... Quite frankly... it's a lot less daunting when it is compared to it. I also factored in having SL1, with the price of the DDM4000 and found it to be half of the total on the 57.
I really like how the Midi mapping feature the DDM4000 how it links up with SL1 and the updates. The mixer can be mapped out and give an action that corresponds to what ever you want to control in Serato, as you would with 57. WHAT A LIFE SAVER. I control my "invisible" deck with the buttons and fades as I would with a Rack Mounted system. I even like the user load function it has to suit my style when I hook up 2 tables with it using the other profile i created. This offers me more buttons to map to use with Serato and having a similar experience to the 57.
Sound quality is spot on in my opinion. Mic Setup.... had an issue with. it has the same EFX as the decks, but i didn't know I had to activate them by clicking efx button after i selected it. mic EQ... lets just say thorough.... and might need a sound guy to tweek 'em for ya.
out puts.... PLENTY....
Cons? well my particular mixer... 1 knob won't map. I thought it was just Serato, but then tried it in VDJ(yeah, I have that too) and it won't map on that either. Traktor? didn't try it because it was not "DUMMY PROOF" as ScratchLive. GLAD I GOT THE WARRANTY. Size? hadn't found a full coffin or mixer specific case that fits it yet... so I guess I'll make a custom one to fit my 1 table style. Oh yeah, the headphone jack position is awkward.
In my opinion, I'd recommend it for pro, medium, and beginning dj's. JUST TAKE THE TIME TO LEARN IT's FEATURES AND MAPPINGS. BUY IT!!!!!
djgeeth 5:40 AM - 22 June, 2009
Can someone try this with video-SL and let me know how it works?

Im to a point where I *need* a MIDI crossfader and am about to buy a 57, but money is a little tight.

I dont really need 4 channels, and I do scratch a decent amount. But damn, if I could get the crossfader to map to video and get it working as good as the 57, an extra $1000 would be great!
djgeeth 12:14 PM - 22 June, 2009
Quote:
Yes you need to go into the console menu in the DDM first, then go into the MIDI section, and select which parts on the mixer you want as MIDI (mic, sampler, crossfader area, channels, etc.). Note though, that when you select an area on the mixer to use as MIDI, you cannot use it for its "normal" function. So if you select the sampler area to use as MIDI, you cannot use the sampler on the DDM then (you'll see all the lights on the buttons go out on that area when you select it as MIDI). Same with the other areas. The channels though have the option to mute the channel or not. If you don't mute the channel, you can still plug a source into that input and use the gain knob, but the EQ knobs still won't affect anything and will still only do MIDI.

so can you control video crossfades on the crossfader while still controlling audio?
Konix 12:54 PM - 22 June, 2009
No, the DDM crossfader can only do MIDI, or do audio, but not both at the same time.
Turn Table Tennis 1:35 PM - 22 June, 2009
korg zero 4 can, and its only 600 bucks.
djgeeth 4:08 PM - 22 June, 2009
eh I read some slightly sketchy reviews on the zero4.... I just found a 57 for right under 1000 lightly used under warranty, went ahead and took the plunge hah.
DJ Rumors 4:10 PM - 22 June, 2009
I purchased the DDM4000 about a year ago and just like most people I was hesitant because of the brand name,..but I tell you what, Behringer really stepped it up in my opinion on this one! It's basically a Pioneer 800 in disguise. It has Midi, an Internal Sampler, very smooth fader and the sound is pretty awesome for a lower priced mixer.
2 weeks ago I went all out and purchased the TTM57 and even though the DDM cant begin to compare with it..I'll still hold on to it and carry it with me as a backup mixer. Definitely a worthy investment versus the pioneer 800. just my 2 cents.
ichidakira 3:16 PM - 11 July, 2009
Can someone (I am assuming it would be Konix) please send me a step by step guide for setting up DDM4000 midi to Serato to my email ichidakira@g m a i l.com

I wanted to see the youtube link but unfortunately I am in China right now and they blocked Youtube for the past 3-4 months.

If someone can hook me it would be greatly appreciated.
dj synystr 3:34 PM - 11 July, 2009
click on midi tab in ssl and then on a feature on the screen then when it says read for midi signal move or press your button on the ddm4000. you will have to read the ddm manual to see how to set it up for midi but its pretty simple.
Dj BuddyLove 6:23 PM - 11 July, 2009
Quote:
Can someone (I am assuming it would be Konix) please send me a step by step guide for setting up DDM4000 midi to Serato to my email ichidakira@g m a i l.com

I wanted to see the youtube link but unfortunately I am in China right now and they blocked Youtube for the past 3-4 months.

man that sucks they blocked youtube..

i uploaded konix DDM vids on stickam/seratoScratchLIVE page to kinda help you out..
man i hope china hasnt blocked stickam..:(

hope konix is ok with uploading his vids..
www.stickam.com
www.stickam.com
www.stickam.com
ichidakira 7:01 AM - 12 July, 2009
Quote:
Quote:

man that sucks they blocked youtube..

i uploaded konix DDM vids on stickam/seratoScratchLIVE page to kinda help you out..
man i hope china hasnt blocked stickam..:(

hope konix is ok with uploading his vids..
www.stickam.com
www.stickam.com
www.stickam.com

Thanks for the links but those are blocked too. I think any sites that are hosting video are pretty much all blocked. Any other ideas?

Thanks for the help.
Dj BuddyLove 7:40 AM - 12 July, 2009
dammm dude..
you gotta get out of china quick.
your missing alot!!!

try this..
rapidshare.com
SiRocket 8:33 AM - 12 July, 2009
might as well use china when Washington doesn't seem to work right.... (peep out my thread)....
ichidakira 8:52 AM - 12 July, 2009
Quote:
dammm dude..
you gotta get out of china quick.
your missing alot!!!

try this..
rapidshare.com

BuddyLove - SHit man I am missing out. Thanks for hooking up. Peace.
Dj BuddyLove 10:31 AM - 12 July, 2009
no prob..man

anytime!!! :)

dont just thank me / thank Konix...lol
ichidakira 11:01 AM - 12 July, 2009
O yeah I forgot about Konix. Shit my bad. hehe

THANKS KONIX!!!!!!
DJ Ritmo 12:39 PM - 12 July, 2009
Korq Zero 4 plus traktor match made in heaven TM 57 plus SL/VSL match made in heaven its really simple people. The DDM is awesom on its on but I use it with Torq and I map the one of the rotaries to the crossfader you can create some really unique cuts and fades with a rotary just saying you all should really try it out
valter almeida 3:33 PM - 30 January, 2010
mixar audio e video crossfader video-sl + ddm4000
Watchwww.youtube.com
KIZ-ONE 5:16 PM - 30 January, 2010
WOW If this is true i'm on my way
BriChi 5:51 PM - 30 January, 2010
u mean control video fading in vsl along with the music? You can do this on almost every midi mixer, My DJM800 allows me to control video off of it too
Konix 6:10 PM - 30 January, 2010
Well, as mentioned, the DDM's crossfader can only do audio or MIDI, but not both at the same time. So, you can crossfade the video, but not the audio, and you have to mix the audio with the channel faders. Or mix the audio with the crossfader, and assign the video fader to a different channel fader or knob on the DDM.
KIZ-ONE 7:13 PM - 30 January, 2010
Yo konix, I took a look at the video above. It's it a fake?
It looks liek he is able to do video and audio with the fader. I don't own the said mixer, so is it a fake?
KIZ-ONE 8:18 PM - 30 January, 2010
Damn sorry about my typo's
Dj BuddyLove 3:11 AM - 31 January, 2010
Quote:
Well, as mentioned, the DDM's crossfader can only do audio or MIDI, but not both at the same time. So, you can crossfade the video, but not the audio, and you have to mix the audio with the channel faders. Or mix the audio with the crossfader, and assign the video fader to a different channel fader or knob on the DDM.

Konix,
though you are the SSL master & DVS Genius.
Im pretty sure your able to mix both via the crossfader. (just look at the vid)
how in the hell is he controlling both then. i have the DDM and have had it since it came out and i have not used the crossfader for midi control yet. due to not needing to because i dont own VSL. id love to check this out..im very curious now.
ive downloaded the demo of vsl and played around with it a couple times but finaley desided to uninstall it due to it giving me loads of problems & crashes..
mabey ill try it out agian..

im really curious now.

@valter almeida:
are those your videos??
if so please chime in...also where the fauk did you get white cv's
im dying here everybody seems to have them now but little ole me...

Fauk..Grrrrrrrrrr
DouggyFresh 4:36 AM - 31 January, 2010
Talking about Behringer vs Pioneer. Our club has DJM-800, but last night due to double booking we had to use it in our other room and the promoter brought out a DJX700 Behringer. You could audibly tell the sound quality difference, it was so apparent, even the manager & bartenders could tell.
Dj BuddyLove 5:06 AM - 31 January, 2010
Quote:
Talking about Behringer vs Pioneer. Our club has DJM-800, but last night due to double booking we had to use it in our other room and the promoter brought out a DJX700 Behringer. You could audibly tell the sound quality difference, it was so apparent, even the manager & bartenders could tell.

the DJX700 is a piece ove shit sounding mixer,
one of the reasons Behringer has such a bad name in the industry.
Behringer did step up there game w/ the DDM4000.
the DDM4000 dose not sound bad at all.
Konix 7:06 AM - 31 January, 2010
Quote:
how in the hell is he controlling both then....i have not used the crossfader for midi control yet.

I've owned the DDM (two, actually) since it came out also, and unless he modded his somehow, or he has a magic DDM that no one else has, the crossfader cannot do both audio and midi at the same time, this is a well known and established fact with the DDM. He doesn't even have the crossfader area assigned as MIDI on the mixer as the lights are still on in that area. As I'm sure you and every DDM owner knows, when you assign an area as MIDI on the DDM, the LED lights go out for that section, and the LEDs are clearly still on in the crossfader area in the video, as well as the crossfader assignment buttons on channels 3 and 4 (which also should be unlit, and in fact don't work if the crossfader area is assigned to MIDI).

I'm not saying it's fake or not real, but something isn't right. I wish he spoke English. I'd like to know also and very interested in this.
Sticky K 8:17 AM - 31 January, 2010
Yeah, I have a DDM as well and have been dying to try video. But same thing, cant use the cross fader section for midi + audio. I wish behringer changed this with a firmware update....
Sticky K 8:20 AM - 31 January, 2010
Watchwww.youtube.com

how the hell is he doing that?
Dj BuddyLove 10:41 AM - 31 January, 2010
Quote:
Quote:
how in the hell is he controlling both then....i have not used the crossfader for midi control yet.

I've owned the DDM (two, actually) since it came out also, and unless he modded his somehow, or he has a magic DDM that no one else has, the crossfader cannot do both audio and midi at the same time, this is a well known and established fact with the DDM. He doesn't even have the crossfader area assigned as MIDI on the mixer as the lights are still on in that area. As I'm sure you and every DDM owner knows, when you assign an area as MIDI on the DDM, the LED lights go out for that section, and the LEDs are clearly still on in the crossfader area in the video, as well as the crossfader assignment buttons on channels 3 and 4 (which also should be unlit, and in fact don't work if the crossfader area is assigned to MIDI).

I'm not saying it's fake or not real, but something isn't right. I wish he spoke English. I'd like to know also and very interested in this.

yea konix,
i know you have the DDM & i know you prob know that thing backwards & fowards the way you learn your stuff..
im not saying you are wrong..im just saying im very curious on how he is doing that..

i gotta start using my DDM for midi soon..i just got lazy and been using my 2 Stanton daScratch's..

BTW?
how could you get a firmware update on the DDM??
there is no USB Port?
Dj BuddyLove 10:43 AM - 31 January, 2010
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

yea konix,
i know you have the DDM & i know you prob know that thing backwards & fowards the way you learn your stuff..
im not saying you are wrong..im just saying im very curious on how he is doing that..

i gotta start using my DDM for midi soon..i just got lazy and been using my 2 Stanton daScratch's..

BTW?
how could you get a firmware update on the DDM??
there is no USB Port?

my bad..duh
through the midi in..

haha
Dj BuddyLove 10:47 AM - 31 January, 2010
he is speaking spanish..
im gonna PM DJ Unique
mabey he can translate it for us..
KIZ-ONE 3:26 PM - 31 January, 2010
I think that it might be portuguese
But i wish i could understand. I have not wanted to know a different language so bad since shakira came out.
Dj BuddyLove 4:03 PM - 31 January, 2010
Quote:
But i wish i could understand. I have not wanted to know a different language so bad since shakira came out.

yep..
i guess portuguese
hay its close enough to spanish..haha
Dj BuddyLove 4:06 PM - 31 January, 2010
Quote:

image55.webshots.com
KIZ-ONE 4:54 PM - 31 January, 2010
link doesn't work. :-)
Dj BuddyLove 5:29 PM - 31 January, 2010
Quote:
link doesn't work. :-)

www.thumbcelebs.com
KIZ-ONE 5:37 PM - 31 January, 2010
ha ha ok! got you now. I can dig it!!!
davinci 5:14 AM - 1 February, 2010
people need to remember, the reason they hate on berhringer, or gemini is b/c these companys tailor to super cheap entry level gear. you get what you pay for.

but not every joe blow out there has the cash to get him on a decent mixer. these companys market to the lower end market. that also means lower end parts used in them.

its not that they make shit, they just make cheaper gear for the people who cant afford me.

look at numark, they had horrible reputation for being shit gear, now people are raving over the ns7 and drooling..

same with behringer, they filled in the low end market. as for the ddm4000, its held up very well for past year out of everyone i know that has one. Im going to get one as a backup mixer as well. you cant beat that bang for the buck on it.

so try to remember, when you say certain companys make shit, its cause they are just selling to the low end market. and believe me there is a very huge low end market. Not everyone wants to drop 3+ grand on a decent dj setup. this lower end stuff gets there foot in the door. Then they upgrade later
Sticky K 8:46 AM - 1 February, 2010
^^^^ true.

Quote:
Watchwww.youtube.com

Did anyone figure this out / or get a translated version?
Dj BuddyLove 9:29 AM - 1 February, 2010
Quote:
^^^^ true.

Quote:
Watchwww.youtube.com

Did anyone figure this out / or get a translated version?

im still waiting on a translation..
i posted this on my facebook acct. along with a please help translate statement ill see what happens..
Dj BuddyLove 2:23 PM - 1 February, 2010
here is a thread i started about this issue,,
chime i if you like.
www.scratchlive.net
jepe 7:18 PM - 1 February, 2010
i am portuguese.. i will check..(he is speaking portuguese.. but he his brazilian)..
so.. i dont understand nothing about video on serato. so i may say something that its very familiar to you..
so.. until 2m15 sec he is just showing video plug in.

at 2m16s: he is saying you need a midi cable from maudio.
2m35: saying he is using version 1.1.1.1
3:04: select midi on the mixer
3:06 : lights will be out for be able to use midi
3:22 *** he his explaining that he opened the mixer and made some changes,
which just can be done if you had electronic knowledge . this he will explain in a future video.
3:45 he said that he will not tell us how its done because this video its just to show its possible.
4:min until 5:30 he is basically just showing.. (lolll... boys boys boys)... and that in fact its working..

5:30 he is saying that its something he has done inside the mixer .. that will be able to work as ttm57 , but not with such quality as rane.
5m50: saying that behringer its not a top mixer but its not bad at all..
6m05.. choosed this because had no money to buy a ttm
.. showing again and show that its very efficient , but you need specially a good midi cable ( a top cable) as m audio. about 40usd in ebay.

.. thats all.

i f you need i message him please tell me.
he is sayig he will do a video showing how its done in the future.
best
hope i had help.
Konix 7:21 PM - 1 February, 2010
So yes, he modded his DDM somehow.
jepe 7:23 PM - 1 February, 2010
yes. i ve wrote in youtube comments in portuguese asking him to tell me/us how he done it
or doing another video. so i can tell you.
lets wait.
if you need something please ask.
best
Eric N 7:33 PM - 1 February, 2010
...tracking. interesting!
KIZ-ONE 7:38 PM - 1 February, 2010
Ha ha, the truth has seen the light! Wow i wonder what he could have done to make it happen? thank you JEPE for the translation. You are the man!
jepe 7:40 PM - 1 February, 2010
you re welcome. this forum helped me several times. keep it alive:)
Dj BuddyLove 8:02 PM - 1 February, 2010
Quote:
yes. i ve wrote in youtube comments in portuguese asking him to tell me/us how he done it
or doing another video. so i can tell you.
lets wait.
if you need something please ask.
best

awsome!!
thanks jepe
Zero Day 10:31 PM - 1 February, 2010
the mixer will ware our over time. you DO get what you pay for even if this mixer is a little flashy. theres reaon nun of the clubs here this installed and the big named dj's don't use this.
imma go with the ecler neu4 because it can midi audio/ video via crossfader.
jepe 12:52 AM - 2 February, 2010
ok guys. dj fafa answered me saying he will do the video explaining that soon.
best.
KIZ-ONE 4:58 AM - 2 February, 2010
Quote:
the mixer will ware our over time. you DO get what you pay for even if this mixer is a little flashy. theres reaon nun of the clubs here this installed and the big named dj's don't use this.
imma go with the ecler neu4 because it can midi audio/ video via crossfader.

I can dig what your saying ELL I have a pioneer 707 and that joint is built like a tank, I bought that joint about 7 years ago when it was like 200 dollars and i have to say that was the best 200 i have spent. I heard now they can go on ebay for about 500 since they are discontinued

But with this one (ddm 4000)i wouldn't do any heavy club gigs but the few mobiles that i would do it woudl be a great thing. And maybe a club gig or two.
KIZ-ONE 4:58 AM - 2 February, 2010
Quote:
ok guys. dj fafa answered me saying he will do the video explaining that soon.
best.

Thanks for making that happen
Sticky K 8:09 AM - 2 February, 2010
I've been giging with my DDM for a while now (maybe 1 year) with no problems. I ran the DDM4000 through a DJM600 at a club on friday and it performed really well - and I didn't even setup the output levels properly nor use ultramise...
Dj BuddyLove 1:52 PM - 2 February, 2010
Quote:
I've been giging with my DDM for a while now (over 1 year) with no problems

+1
KIZ-ONE 2:22 PM - 2 February, 2010
Quote:
Quote:

+1

Buddy love, have you had any problems with the knobs? I heard that they were kina of loose. but i guess it's all on how you baby your equipment. Lord knows i have had some expensive mixers back in the day that only lasted a few months or so. but that was back when i was trying to be the next "jazzy-cash-jeff-money" but now i learned to take better care of your investments. :-)
DJ Val-BKNY11203 3:38 PM - 2 February, 2010
Proud DDM owner for over a year. No issues, no problems. Good money spent.
Musically Minded 3:50 PM - 2 February, 2010
Quote:

+1
Polanka 4:22 PM - 2 February, 2010
Quote:
Quote:

+1

+1
Dj BuddyLove 4:27 PM - 2 February, 2010
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

+1

Buddy love, have you had any problems with the knobs? I heard that they were kina of loose. but i guess it's all on how you baby your equipment. Lord knows i have had some expensive mixers back in the day that only lasted a few months or so. but that was back when i was trying to be the next "jazzy-cash-jeff-money" but now i learned to take better care of your investments. :-)

they havnt given me any problems..yes they have a little loosness play to them.
i think its made that way..as long as you dont go buck fucking knob crazy..tugging & pulling on them like a mad man..(wow im thinking of tata's right about now) you should be ok.
DJ Val-BKNY11203 4:52 PM - 2 February, 2010
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

+1

they havnt given me any problems..yes they have a little loosness play to them.
i think its made that way..as long as you dont go buck fucking knob crazy..tugging & pulling on them like a mad man..(wow im thinking of tata's right about now) you should be ok.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

+1

+100000

Take care of your equipment, and it will last. Too many cats abuse their gear. Thats why they need it built like a tank. Cuz they are abusive. The knobs are loose, but they function very well.
valter almeida 7:13 PM - 2 February, 2010
video sl + ddm 4000 + crossfader
Watchwww.youtube.com
DJ DisGrace 7:45 PM - 2 February, 2010
Quote:
video sl + ddm 4000 + crossfader + internal modification no one knows how to do
Watchwww.youtube.com
Dj BuddyLove 8:12 PM - 2 February, 2010
Quote:
Quote:
video sl + ddm 4000 + crossfader + internal modification no one knows how to do
Watchwww.youtube.com

+1
Dj-M.Bezzle 10:01 PM - 2 February, 2010
i have a mod that might help, what i did was take a Korg Kontrol pad and i put sticky velcrow tape under it, then i stuck it to the top of my turntable (set up battle style so the area of the TT closest to me) then i set it up so the slider controlled the midi of the video slider, then i several chop sticks and glues\taped them together and glued the ends of them to the mixer fader and kontrol pad slider respectivly, now my mixer controls audio and video...TRY IT AT HOME and shoot any questions you may have to the serato help department
Marx&Villain 10:05 PM - 2 February, 2010
Quote:
i have a mod that might help, what i did was take a Korg Kontrol pad and i put sticky velcrow tape under it, then i stuck it to the top of my turntable (set up battle style so the area of the TT closest to me) then i set it up so the slider controlled the midi of the video slider, then i several chop sticks and glues\taped them together and glued the ends of them to the mixer fader and kontrol pad slider respectivly, now my mixer controls audio and video...TRY IT AT HOME and shoot any questions you may have to the serato help department

+1 probably the best solution...
Polanka 10:09 PM - 2 February, 2010
Quote:
Quote:

+1 probably the best solution...

Wow your a genius! I will have to try that.
KIZ-ONE 1:57 AM - 3 February, 2010
HA HA HA. that just might work!!!
DouggyFresh 7:48 PM - 3 February, 2010
Someone told me they bought a USB MIDI crossfader that was just a crossfader, and they used it a few times with VSL when they didn't have access to a MIDI mixer. I wonder if you could somehow mount that inside the mixer, attached to the crossfader...
Dj-M.Bezzle 8:37 PM - 3 February, 2010
Quote:
Someone told me they bought a USB MIDI crossfader that was just a crossfader, and they used it a few times with VSL when they didn't have access to a MIDI mixer. I wonder if you could somehow mount that inside the mixer, attached to the crossfader...

my idea wont void any warrintys....just sayin lol
valter almeida 1:48 PM - 8 February, 2010
hello djs, yes it is possible to make internal modification ddm 4000 mixer, but for me it has to have a basic understanding of electronics, is equal to the mixer fuciona ttm57 ok. dj fafa
valter almeida 1:49 PM - 8 February, 2010
Hola djs, sí es posible hacer DDM modificación interna de 4000 mezclador, pero para mí tiene que tener un conocimiento básico de la electrónica, es igual a la mesa de mezclas ttm57 fuciona bien. fafa dj
Polanka 3:46 PM - 8 February, 2010
Quote:
Hola djs, sí es posible hacer DDM modificación interna de 4000 mezclador, pero para mí tiene que tener un conocimiento básico de la electrónica, es igual a la mesa de mezclas ttm57 fuciona bien. fafa dj

Yo tengo conocimiento basico de electronica. Quiero modificar mi mezcladora tambien. Vaz a aser un video con las instruciones?
DJ Val-BKNY11203 5:23 PM - 8 February, 2010
Quote:
Quote:

Yo tengo conocimiento basico de electronica. Quiero modificar mi mezcladora tambien. Vaz a aser un video con las instruciones?

Yeah what he said...(I think) What modification did you make? Do you have intructions or a video of what you did?
KIZ-ONE 5:33 PM - 8 February, 2010
this is turnning out to be a wild goose chase.
valter almeida 5:57 PM - 8 February, 2010
ok dj.sim voce mesmo pode alterar seu mixer ddm 4000.estou fazendo um video mais esta dificio pra mostrar como eu fiz,estou fazendo o melhor pra passar a voceis,lembrando caso nao tenha noçao de eletronica nao altere seu mixer ok.dj fafa brasil.
valter almeida 5:57 PM - 8 February, 2010
dj.sim puede usted incluso puede cambiar su 4000.estou DDM mezclador de hacer el video más DIFICIO esto para mostrar cómo lo hice, yo estoy haciendo lo mejor para pasar la voceis, recordando el caso no tiene ninguna noción de la electrónica de no cambiar su fafa ok.dj mezclador Brasil.
valter almeida 6:09 PM - 8 February, 2010
Voceis Si no puede agregar orkut.digite orkut bien.
(Www.hvsaudioevideo.com.br Valter).
valter almeida 6:10 PM - 8 February, 2010
valterwww.hvsaudioevideo.com.br
orkut
Dj BuddyLove 6:41 PM - 8 February, 2010
Quote:

**facepalm**
KIZ-ONE 7:17 PM - 8 February, 2010
Quote:
Quote:

**facepalm**

HAHA ok well taken, spoke to soon.
Ok since it is overseas i guess it's a kinda of a mute point to send it over there to get it serviced, at least me for it is. but who ever did his should box that up and sale some kits in order for us to do it here.
Anu 7:43 PM - 8 February, 2010
I don't have a ddm but...If the ddm turns audio off when midi is used then there is chip/relay that switches the fader's lines so if you could find that on the circuit you could spice in.A midi fader uses 3 wires a +5v, a ground ,and control those wires would have to be run to correct pins on fader along with audio.Don't know if this will work but just throwing some ideas at you guys ........happy modding...
Dj BuddyLove 9:27 PM - 8 February, 2010
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

**facepalm**

no no no,
you speak the truth..

i just put my palm to my face!!
Grrrr

pounds head into wall
KIZ-ONE 9:33 PM - 8 February, 2010
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

**facepalm**

no no no,
you speak the truth..

i just put my palm to my face!!
Grrrr

pounds head into wall

ok i c now. lol
Discobee 9:06 AM - 20 March, 2010
Quote:
Price is right for a mid-level mixer that's feature filled. But........not very ergonomic in its design. Look at where the headphone jack is located at, right column in the middle. I can see problems with the cord getting in the way. Buttons are all over the board....too confusing in my opinion. Effects pane appears very confusing as well. It is essentially a DJM800 knockoff....looks nice but I wouldn't do it bboy.

Two years to the day that I made this comment, I ended up buying a used one off Craigslist for $200 in like-new condition w/ a MIDI cable included. I'll have to admit, this is not a bad mixer as far as the features go! I was wrong in my comment about the headphone jack placement; it doesn't get in the way at all. Effects is not as easy to navigate like the Pioneers, but it's not rocket science either. I watched some of Konix' videos to learn some tips and tricks.

Even the fader cuts ok (ok enough for me as I don't cut much). I am pleasantly pleased by this mixer at $200...and I haven't even messed with the MIDI aspects of it. I think I will use this for smaller mobile gigs, that way my DJM800 doesn't rack up as many miles.

To the naysayers about this mixer, don't knock it til you tried it.
Dj BuddyLove 6:10 PM - 20 March, 2010
Quote:
I was wrong in my comment about the headphone jack placement; it doesn't get in the way at all

ive been recently hating the placement..
i have a innofader for my DDM and its set buttery smooth..you can blow the fader (no homo lol) from side to side. and my headphone cable always hits the fader and the fader goes sliding to the other side...lol
DJ Rumors 6:16 PM - 20 March, 2010
Quote:
I was wrong in my comment about the headphone jack placement; it doesn't get in the way at all

I own the TTM57 now..but had the DDM4000 previously to it..great mixer in my opinion, and as for the headphone situation..I used a SHORT "L-shaped" connector for my headphone jack which allowed the wire to hang off to the SIDE instead of in the way.
Dj BuddyLove 6:19 PM - 20 March, 2010
Quote:
Quote:

I own the TTM57 now..but had the DDM4000 previously to it..great mixer in my opinion, and as for the headphone situation..I used a SHORT "L-shaped" connector for my headphone jack which allowed the wire to hang off to the SIDE instead of in the way.

i have the hd 25's that are made with the L connector but still have problems..
Warren T. 10:36 PM - 20 March, 2010
My solution for the headphone jack is real simple. Just sandwich the wire between your mixer and your turntables by the side, then let it go around the front left leg of the turns. Easy.
Discobee 10:41 PM - 20 March, 2010
^^See, this guy's a thinker!
DJ Rumors 12:26 AM - 21 March, 2010
Quote:
My solution for the headphone jack is real simple. Just sandwich the wire between your mixer and your turntables by the side, then let it go around the front left leg of the turns. Easy.

Dang! I meant to add that part to my "L-shaped" connector suggestion because that's EXACTLY what I did as well. Do I get 1/2 CREDIT for saying it now?
Discobee 12:35 AM - 21 March, 2010
Sure why not! hehe
Dj BuddyLove 5:48 AM - 21 March, 2010
Quote:

wont work for me..:)
picasaweb.google.com
picasaweb.google.com
picasaweb.google.com
picasaweb.google.com
picasaweb.google.com

my headphone cable is tooooo short.
DJ GRIAL 9:18 AM - 21 March, 2010
don't waste your money! I got that one after reading all the good reviews and it broke after 6 months of use.
Warren T. 6:10 PM - 21 March, 2010
Quote:
Quote:

picasaweb.google.com
picasaweb.google.com
picasaweb.google.com
picasaweb.google.com
picasaweb.google.com

Oh man...that's kinda tough.
Why not try adding one of those cable clips you can find in the hardware store with an adhesive backing, stick it on the right side of the metal plates..or maybe even stick it below the innofader sticker and facing you.
Something like this. www.drillspot.com
Warren T. 6:19 PM - 21 March, 2010
Quote:
Quote:

Dang! I meant to add that part to my "L-shaped" connector suggestion because that's EXACTLY what I did as well. Do I get 1/2 CREDIT for saying it now?

Haha! Sure you do. I use the HD-25s as well and I must agree that while the cable length is kinda short..the L-shaped connector is an excellent implementation which I have no idea why most headphones makers don't follow in the same footsteps. Not that I will trade my 25s for any other headphones ever anyways. :P
Dj BuddyLove 2:36 AM - 22 March, 2010
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

picasaweb.google.com
picasaweb.google.com
picasaweb.google.com
picasaweb.google.com
picasaweb.google.com

Why not try adding one of those cable clips you can find in the hardware store with an adhesive backing, stick it on the right side of the metal plates..or maybe even stick it below the innofader sticker and facing you.

wow..
never knew about those clips.
ima give it a try. thanks Warren T,
DJ Val-BKNY11203 12:10 PM - 22 March, 2010
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

picasaweb.google.com
picasaweb.google.com
picasaweb.google.com
picasaweb.google.com
picasaweb.google.com

+1
DJ Cdub 1:19 AM - 3 March, 2011
For mixers that have the top mounted head phone jacks, you need to buy a stereo connector with a 90 angle so the wire goes out the side instead of sticking straight up. These 90's tend to be flat which is a plus.

Good luck:)

a.k.a. a little late on this discussion, but the DDM4000 is the nicestest DJ mixer Behringer puts out. It works. The only thing that I don't like about it is that when you go into midi mode, assigning the cross fader is optional. When you turn this option on, you lose the ability to crossfaade from left to right. Otherwise, this mixer rocks.
Polanka 10:10 PM - 3 March, 2011
Quote:
For mixers that have the top mounted head phone jacks, you need to buy a stereo connector with a 90 angle so the wire goes out the side instead of sticking straight up. These 90's tend to be flat which is a plus.

Good luck:)

a.k.a. a little late on this discussion, but the DDM4000 is the nicestest DJ mixer Behringer puts out. It works. The only thing that I don't like about it is that when you go into midi mode, assigning the cross fader is optional. When you turn this option on, you lose the ability to crossfaade from left to right. Otherwise, this mixer rocks.

I would have to agree! I did the crossfader mod and I can now use the crossfader to mix the video and audio at the same time. I have had it for 2 1/2 years with no problems.
deepdjdanny 6:24 AM - 9 March, 2011
can i have the link for the crossfader mod please.
StreetFighta 6:27 AM - 9 March, 2011
Quote:
can i have the link for the crossfader mod please.

Watchwww.youtube.com

thats what i used when I did it for a friend
Discobee 6:28 PM - 30 April, 2011
I finally put an Innofader in my DDM4000. Got the xfader from another homie for only $80. Now I have new fond interest in this feature-packed mixer once again.

i90.photobucket.com
DJ Val-BKNY11203 6:44 PM - 30 April, 2011
Quote:
I finally put an Innofader in my DDM4000. Got the xfader from another homie for only $80. Now I have new fond interest in this feature-packed mixer once again.

i90.photobucket.com

I got the Infinium xfader 2 months ago and I love it. Silky smooth.
djnak 7:29 PM - 30 April, 2011
people are still using this mixer...............effects sucked/faders sucked/midi sucked/sound quality sucked.....I will agree though this is the best mixer behringer put out(not saying much)
O.B.1 8:48 PM - 30 April, 2011
It kind of looks like a ttm68 on meth...
Discobee 10:50 PM - 30 April, 2011
Quote:
people are still using this mixer...............effects sucked/faders sucked/midi sucked/sound quality sucked.....I will agree though this is the best mixer behringer put out(not saying much)

^^Lol
Dj Wunder 10:38 PM - 16 September, 2011
Ok so we all agree you get what you pay for, but I'm about to pull the trigger on a <$1000 Denon dn-x1600 sera.to could anyone with experience comment on that thread please?
frankkutz 1:20 PM - 1 October, 2011
i modded my ddm 4000 and is flawless video cross fading... i had the ttm57 but it keept breaking so i ended selling it on craislist and i sold it for $750 plus a SL1... the first thing i did was bought a ddm 4000 and the midi uno cable from m-audio for 27 dollars... to be honest with you guys this is the best move i made so far... i also bout 3 American DJ Lights 2 vertigo tri led and 1 tri l.e.d. aggressor.. plus i do have video service from 8th wonder plus smash vids... and so far is been great almost a year now and the modding came to be a CLASSIC MEMORY for me!!! im gonna add a INNOFADER also this next paycheck... i love to kut on the Fader!!! now I wanna put the serato box inside... yes i have balls to do so! i'm getting close to do so! things i need.... 9v 300ma ac adaptor to fit in the SL1. and a type b adaptor usb hub! and Patience on a SUNDAY afternoon!! SAN Diego Baby!
Wazo 4:57 PM - 1 October, 2011
Quote:

(comment posted May 2008)

I want to hear this review now DJ Buddy Love.
DJGeorgeT 12:39 AM - 2 October, 2011
Quote:

The same can be said about the DJM-800 and everyone uses that piece of crap.
Wazo 1:10 AM - 2 October, 2011
off topic, just bought a new A&H xone 42. pretty tight. it was this thread that made me go out for a new mixer.
Evon 4:02 PM - 2 October, 2011
I had this mixer for about two years now. No problems so far :)
grotesque 11:58 PM - 2 October, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

amen.
DJ_Quirk 12:25 AM - 3 October, 2011
It's a good mixer for the price though now I use an Ecler Evo 5 and there is really is no comparison. Of course the Ecler was about $1300 more than the DDM4000
djnak 12:42 AM - 29 November, 2011
Quote:
i modded my ddm 4000 and is flawless video cross fading... i had the ttm57 but it keept breaking so i ended selling it on craislist and i sold it for $750 plus a SL1... the first thing i did was bought a ddm 4000

whoa that's like going from a Cadillac to a KIA....
once you do the mod you lose midi on one of the up faders... and really if your 57 kept breaking how long do you think the 40o0 is gonna last lol
djnak 12:46 AM - 29 November, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

thats like comparing apples to snow tires...given the choice I would choose a 800 over a ddm 4000 (yes even with the price difference) ,,,its a rock solid piece, not my preference Ill take my 57 any day and if I cant use that Ill use my other 57 lol
str8nger 2:08 AM - 29 November, 2011
i gave up my ttm57 for the ddm4000, yea i know………..
DJ Val-BKNY11203 1:09 PM - 8 December, 2011
Quote:
i gave up my ttm57 for the ddm4000, yea i know………..

Welcome to the darkside!

I've had mine going on 4 years with not one problem or complaint. Money well spent and saved!
Steelsberg 11:15 AM - 23 January, 2012
where's buddy love gone?!
DJ Val-BKNY11203 12:21 PM - 23 January, 2012
What I find hilarious is people were shitting on this mixer just because it was a Behringer. Yet it turns out the 68 with the shitty buttons and high price is what they should have been talking about. Goes to show you that even "good" companies make a bad product.
DJ Garebear 1:22 PM - 23 January, 2012
I personally own a DDM4000 and I LOVE it. I literally bought it as a temporary mixer because I wanted a 4 channel mixer and read reviews on a bunch. I bought this one because it was around $350 with great reviews. I even used it at bunch of top spots and I didn't notice anything in terms of sound quality EXCEPT, that at one spot I had to ground the mixer. Not sure if that was my problem or the clubs but it did affect the sound dramatically. For the price that you pay you really can't go wrong. I'm actually getting a second one to replace my current backup. I'm also not bashing on any of the top end stuff, but I'm definitely going to wait out now before I make that upgrade, perfectly happy where I'm at.
DJ Garebear 1:23 PM - 23 January, 2012
P.S. the headphone jack location couldn't be worse, but you get used to it.
DJ Remy USA 2:03 PM - 23 January, 2012
I owned DDM4000, I really didnt like the mixer at all but Im a tablist kinda guy so I poped innofader in it and still the cutting just didnt feel right. The fx were ok but it seems that no matter what I couldnt dail the decay in just the way I like it. Overall if you need 4 channel mixer on a budget I would say get it but dont expect it to be great cause its just a behringer
DJ Garebear 2:13 PM - 23 January, 2012
Quote:
I owned DDM4000, I really didnt like the mixer at all but Im a tablist kinda guy so I poped innofader in it and still the cutting just didnt feel right. The fx were ok but it seems that no matter what I couldnt dail the decay in just the way I like it. Overall if you need 4 channel mixer on a budget I would say get it but dont expect it to be great cause its just a behringer

You just made me feel like I'm going to hate this thing once the technics come in lol