DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

How to do a perfect transition in serato?

Luke Mark 2:38 AM - 29 August, 2012
Hi I used virtual Dj pretty much i started DJing and now i use serato and having difficulty transitioning songs unlike virtual dj they have a sync button so its easy to mix the songs. an example would be this one that my mate did. Please help me thanks Watchvimeo.com
Konix 2:47 PM - 29 August, 2012
There is no auto beatmatch/automix/sync function in Scratch Live.
4:31 PM, 29 Aug 2012
Discussion moved to DJing Discussion
sacrilicious 4:35 PM - 29 August, 2012
Keep practicing. It's a wild crazy world once you take off the sync training wheels but it's ultimately much more rewarding.
latindj 4:43 PM - 29 August, 2012
yes! you actually have to learn to be a real dj now...keep practicing...
Dj-M.Bezzle 5:09 PM - 29 August, 2012
DJ Alkemy 5:23 PM - 29 August, 2012
djpuma_gemini 5:49 PM - 29 August, 2012
What I do is echo out, grab the mic and tell em to put their hands up.
I also walk into clubs or should I say bars and when I see a virtual dj user I laugh in their face and tell them I hope they enjoy their free bar tab and fried apps for pay.
Dj-M.Bezzle 5:54 PM - 29 August, 2012
Quote:

Wait you acutually have to DO something....there must be a button that does that automatically right
PopRoXxX 6:11 PM - 29 August, 2012
OH geeze!!

Quote:
Quote:

Wait you acutually have to DO something....there must be a button that does that automatically right

Lol!!! You mean we actually have to DJ. There's something to this nonsense and some actual skill involved. Wowzers ...........

Smh
O.B.1 6:22 PM - 29 August, 2012
Adjust the pitch control + or - until the beats are playing exactly the same together.
Cue points are helpful to start. And most important, learn with your ears (not by looking at the waves or BPM display)
ced_so_thoed 6:41 PM - 29 August, 2012
ay
what is the sync button? I'm being for real.
yep
Frankie Glasses 6:49 PM - 29 August, 2012
its what REAL dj's use to go from one song to the next automatically so you dont have to be stuck behind the DJ booth.... you know so you can dance, jump up and down, crowd surf and spit alchohol in the crowds mouth... you must be one of those DJ's that actually mixes....pssshhh get with the times man.

(I was being sarcastic)
PopRoXxX 6:50 PM - 29 August, 2012
Quote:
its what REAL dj's use to go from one song to the next automatically so you dont have to be stuck behind the DJ booth.... you know so you can dance, jump up and down, crowd surf and spit alchohol in the crowds mouth... you must be one of those DJ's that actually mixes....pssshhh get with the times man.

(I was being sarcastic)

Lol!! Nice
ced_so_thoed 6:52 PM - 29 August, 2012
ay
instead of spitting alcohol into someone else's mouth, can it be Clorox?
yep
the_black_one 8:02 PM - 29 August, 2012
.................... ????..........

Yep...
ced_so_thoed 8:21 PM - 29 August, 2012
Quote:
.................... ????..........

Yep...

ay
you don't know how to do it? people do it all the time on youtube. I haven't done it because I can't afford clorox. *looks down at offwhite socks*
yep
DJ Dac 3:42 AM - 30 August, 2012
Quote:
I also walk into clubs or should I say bars and when I see a virtual dj user I laugh in their face and tell them I hope they enjoy their free bar tab and fried apps for pay.

wait, your getting free fried apps???????? wtf have i been missing...
Dj_KaGeN 4:46 AM - 30 August, 2012
as a child, you learn what a profession is all about.

fireman sprays water on blazes.
cops chase robbers.
carpenters build stuff.

BUT.... the profession of being a DJ??

Simple. Put on your big mouse costume, hit play and entertain the crowd. Get paid millions.
Dj-M.Bezzle 1:30 PM - 30 August, 2012
Quote:

Simple. Put on your big mouse costume, hit play and entertain the crowd. Get paid millions.

...you know when you put it like that it dosent sound half bad
latindj 3:39 PM - 30 August, 2012
Quote:
...you know when you put it in like that it dosent feel half bad

no vaseliine?

NM
Daktyl 7:41 PM - 30 August, 2012
Quote:
Adjust the pitch control + or - until the beats are playing exactly the same together.
Cue points are helpful to start. And most important, learn with your ears (not by looking at the waves or BPM display)

ignore the jokes.... and work on this ^^^^^^^
DJFUNKMIKE 2:45 AM - 31 August, 2012
And the original poster is from New Zealand!Isn't it ironic? LOL! I think hes just trolling! XD
stephan mercury 3:17 AM - 31 August, 2012
lol users like this set themselves up to get trolled
phatbob 11:03 PM - 31 August, 2012
What makes me sad about threads like this, is that it takes me back to when I was learning.

At that time the only resources available to me were:

Watching other DJs
Listening to mixes
A single DMC VHS tape that I bought

And still I managed to learn.

Kids coming up now have got endless hours of video on YouTube, from tutorials to live sets, and the massive amount of info online.

And yet...
Dj_KaGeN 11:09 PM - 31 August, 2012
where the hell is the "LIKE" button on this damn forum?

cuz PHATBOB, that is exactly what my first thought was.

With the goddamn internet on your fuckin smartphone. Youtube has fuckin lifetimes worth of videos/tutorials to watch. Countless websites of written How-To's, yet an insurmountable amount helpless fucks exist nowadays. It just makes me hope my daughter grows up to be a lawyer and fuckin legally swindles the countless amounts of dumbfucks that exist today and in the future.
phatbob 11:19 PM - 31 August, 2012
Quote:

With the goddamn internet on your fuckin smartphone. Youtube has fuckin lifetimes worth of videos/tutorials to watch. Countless websites of written How-To's, yet an insurmountable amount helpless fucks exist nowadays. It just makes me hope my daughter grows up to be a lawyer and fuckin legally swindles the countless amounts of dumbfucks that exist today and in the future.

Truth.

Just trying to imagine having YouTube around when I was learning (let alone the ENTIRE rest of the Internet) simply blows my mind.
DJ Unique 11:31 PM - 31 August, 2012
Quote:
Just trying to imagine having YouTube around when I was learning (let alone the ENTIRE rest of the Internet) simply blows my mind.

What is this so-called "internet" thing you speak of?
Sorry, I'm still living in 1985 and I just purchased my belt-driven turntables and my Radio Shack mixer.
DJ DisGrace 11:51 PM - 31 August, 2012
hmmmmm, odd. no beezo plug in this thread?
Jader 1:57 AM - 1 September, 2012
haha this gotta be straight up trolling
Maskrider 1:14 PM - 1 September, 2012
I don't think he'll be back for awhile.
Dj matty k 2:37 PM - 1 September, 2012
Quote:
Hi I used virtual Dj pretty much i started DJing and now i use serato and having difficulty transitioning songs unlike virtual dj they have a sync button so its easy to mix the songs. an example would be this one that my mate did. Please help me thanks Watchvimeo.com

I would say thats becasue you cant mix should of started of right in the first place

sync should be banned
Daktyl 5:39 PM - 1 September, 2012
troll post.... dude obviously does video and said to himself, "hmmmm, how can i get a few easy fews for my video?"
answer: go on serato forums and say
Quote:
Dj AR1 6:04 PM - 1 September, 2012
Quote:

lolz +1
PopRoXxX 6:58 PM - 2 September, 2012
he has a 57 on the vimeo profile pic. lol
Joshua Carl 7:10 PM - 2 September, 2012
1. find a mentor.

you can learn online with videos and such, books even.

but nothing is going to give you what you want then someone standing right next to you
slapping your hand with a ruler everytime you pull out a bad-habit move...

2. Practice.
Its like shooting Free-Throws....someone can show you the proper way to shoot a basketball.
and you might get it in 1/4 times right off the bat.
but nothing but hours standing at that line shooting and shooting is gonna get your technique
perfect and make you drain 4/4 shots everytime.

3. record yourself.
and listen all the time.
Dj_KaGeN 8:13 PM - 2 September, 2012
Quote:
troll post.... dude obviously does video and said to himself, "hmmmm, how can i get a few easy fews for my video?"
answer: go on serato forums and say
Quote:

yep, I agree.
BAN this D-bag.
Dj Ayzeee 10:24 PM - 8 April, 2016
Why do I have the feeling that most of you are so full of it? Arrogant and stuck up!? Bet you didn't start djing knowing all the answers....that's why we have forum! . Somebody asked a legitimate question, if you don't have the answer or you don't want to answer just shut up! I have the same need as the original post and that's what brought me here! I am not trolling.
d:raf 10:41 PM - 8 April, 2016
4 years later...
Dj-M.Bezzle 11:20 PM - 8 April, 2016
Quote:
Why do I have the feeling that most of you are so full of it? Arrogant and stuck up!? Bet you didn't start djing knowing all the answers....

Bet we all knew where to get music lol

Quote:
Somebody asked a legitimate question, if you don't have the answer or you don't want to answer just shut up! .

Do you have the answer? No? Guess you'll be taking your own advice then won'tcha
djdonny007 9:46 AM - 12 April, 2016
Quote:
Why do I have the feeling that most of you are so full of it? Arrogant and stuck up!? Bet you didn't start djing knowing all the answers....that's why we have forum! . Somebody asked a legitimate question, if you don't have the answer or you don't want to answer just shut up! I have the same need as the original post and that's what brought me here! I am not trolling.

lol see it as tough love. u may not like the responses but its sure as hell gonna make u more determined to prove everybody wrong.