DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Bridge with APC 40 - Midi Mapping Sync Buttons

SeanDiamond 1:47 PM - 17 August, 2012
Hey everyone - recently started using Bridge with an APC40 and want to understand if there is a reliable way to map Serato controls to the APC. In particular I'd like to do the following:

Map Serato/Ableton Sync A / Sync B to the Send A / Send B controls on the APC 40

Map Serato Effects to APC40 pots

Has anyone done this and can talk me through it. I tried searching the forum but there doesnt seem to be a solid answer due to issues with conflicting midi signals.
Code:E 10:45 PM - 18 August, 2012
ya you can do it.

with your serato box and apc 40 plugged in, goto the setup menu, get to the list of midi devices, then click on apc40. find the box that says use a MIDI controller, check it. back out to serato and map like you normally would. be aware that any button you map in SSL on the apc doesn't stop that button from controlling the same thing it always did in ableton.
Code:E 10:47 PM - 18 August, 2012
What does your seup include for gear? i would map somthing else to the deck sync buttons. I like to map the FADER START button on a djm800 to (or 900 or 2000 *but there are better ways todo it on a 2000)) to my deck sync. I works really well since those buttons never get used for anything anyway.
DJ_Simple 3:25 AM - 4 September, 2012
What's your opinions on using the APC40 with the bridge and SSL as an entire setup? Just wondering because I have the bridge now and I am thinking of getting the APC to do more of a live performance style then just mixing tracks.
SeanDiamond 11:59 AM - 5 September, 2012
I'm using an SL3 with an APC40 on a range of standard club installs; typically CDJ's and either a Xone 62 or a DJM600/800.

Would really appreciate an answer to this if anyone has the know how. I presume I will need to get a midi messaging software like Bomes to send Serato the right messages at the same time as Ableton is running? Any thoughts?

I did try saving the APC40 midi-mapping in Serato (successfully) but as soon as you load Ableton, it seems to take priority of the midi signals and Serato doesn't receive the signals any more.

P.S. If anyone has a good APC40 template for optimising the Bridge with Serato - I'll buy them a beer! :)
Code:E 5:53 PM - 5 September, 2012
Quote:
I'm using an SL3 with an APC40 on a range of standard club installs; typically CDJ's and either a Xone 62 or a DJM600/800.

Would really appreciate an answer to this if anyone has the know how. I presume I will need to get a midi messaging software like Bomes to send Serato the right messages at the same time as Ableton is running? Any thoughts?

I did try saving the APC40 midi-mapping in Serato (successfully) but as soon as you load Ableton, it seems to take priority of the midi signals and Serato doesn't receive the signals any more.

P.S. If anyone has a good APC40 template for optimising the Bridge with Serato - I'll buy them a beer! :)

Go into the setup. then midi tab. Click on the apc 40 and make sure the check box that says enable midi control is turned on.
phatbob 7:27 PM - 5 September, 2012
I was able to map a couple of unused buttons in that way on my APC20. No reason you shouldn't be able to do so with a 40, if you do what Code:E said above.