DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Headphone socket broken, ttm 57sl

hephph 9:37 PM - 15 August, 2012
So I just dropped my mixer, luckily everything is still working apart from the 1/4 inch headphone socket which came completely detached from the board. I'm in Ireland, does anyone know who can repair this for me? Alternatively, could I solder this back to the board myself? The 3.5mm socket is still working fine but I have read about how easy this is to break so quite worried about using it. Have a gig at a festival in a week and a half so need this repaired ASAP
Rane, Support
Zach S 11:43 PM - 15 August, 2012
Hey hephph,

The replacement part is easy to fix. Just have to have some soldering wisdom.
Any electronics service center should be able to fix it.
hephph 11:45 PM - 15 August, 2012
awesome, thanks for the quick reply. i'll look into this
wicked223 5:08 PM - 20 August, 2012
Those smaller jacks broke on every 57 I think lol... I owned 3 and they all ended up breaking....the new design on the 62 is a bit more roboust.
hephph 5:14 PM - 20 August, 2012
was actually the larger one which broke, somehow the small jack was fine. I didn't have time to get this fixed through sennheiser, who are the official repair guys, can take months here in Ireland if they don't have the part. Went to a local guy who swapped over the footswitch jack as they are the same. Once I have no big gigs lined up i will get the footswitch replaced.

saving for the 62 has begun though