DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Strangest things I've seen at a battle

Logisticalstyles 1:33 PM - 7 August, 2012
I was in a battle over the weekend and I saw some really odd stuff. Just thought I'd recap some of the oddness and see what you guys think.

First of all the battle was in a Wal-Mart parking lot. It was kinda hard to stick around in the parking lot for 3 hours in the 90+ degree heat but I got over that.

This was a Serato based battle that required everyone to use Scratch Live with either a CDJ and 57 setup or a Turntable and 57 setup. But the prize for winning the battle was a Vestax Typhoon bundled with Intro. It didn't make sense to have to battle on the Pro level software and equipment just to win some introductory level software and equipment.

One DJ pulled out an iMac plus an external monitor. He had Scratch Live on the external screen and just his desktop on the iMac screen. Are people really playing off of desktop computers in battles? Is this happening in the clubs as well? Seems like a lot of hassle. This guy had to carry power strips and VGA cables just to do a 5 minute routine.

This was my first non-internet, battle using Serato and I must admit that it does make battling more interesting when people actually know how to use the software. There were a lot of people that just were not familiar with the software or equipment. Why would you enter a competition when you know that you are not familiar with the gear? Especially since you had to sign up earlier on in the week to be in the battle. That was kinda odd to me as well.

Is this what the new era of battling has come to?
Mighty Dragon Sounds 2:00 PM - 7 August, 2012
Pretty soon will be using telekinese to move songs and crates with our minds....

What type of battle was it? Like who moves the crowd best battle? Scratch? Routines? Juggling?
Logisticalstyles 2:28 PM - 7 August, 2012
It was sponsored by Mountaind Dew, and our local Hip-Hop and R&B station. they were judging on technical skills, and crowd reaction, plus personality, and mixing skills. Kind of a mixture of everything.
Sol*los 3:38 PM - 7 August, 2012
I havent been or gone to a local battle in a long time, but with all that you mention I should. It may be some dumb prize, but it's a prize I can win.
Logisticalstyles 3:45 PM - 7 August, 2012
I would recommend it. This battle had several preliminary battles, and I missed the first one which was right up the street from my house. I didn't go and the person that won that round got in by default. No one else showed up that could use Serato.
ced_so_thoed 3:52 PM - 7 August, 2012
ay
I did 2 battles where some rando person came up to me and tried to talk to me during my set while cameras and all are rolling. This one guy came up to me and said you're killing this shit and I'm like ok ok thanks bro and there was a "model" *rolls eyes* standing next to me and I had to politely scoot her out the way so I could do body tricks. And the last battle I was in this broad walked up to me while I'm doing my set and asked for some house music. I just pointed her to the other dj that was going after me.
yep
Logisticalstyles 3:57 PM - 7 August, 2012
That reminds of something that happened at one of the preliminaries for this battle. This old guy with a cane walks up to the DJ that was spinning and just starts talking shit to him. He's like "What you gonna do now? Play some music, I thought you was a DJ" and on , and on, and on. I seriously think someone put him up to do that.
RaySwift 5:40 PM - 7 August, 2012
A DJ Battle at walmart parking lot? lol
ced_so_thoed 5:44 PM - 7 August, 2012
Quote:

ay
right but I'm pretty sure the exposure was good. Especially since a radio station sponsored it.
yep
Mighty Dragon Sounds 7:32 PM - 7 August, 2012
But the winning prize though...... I would have rather taken cash because that thing would have went straight to the pawn shop for me. If no Guitar Center for a trade in!
ced_so_thoed 7:36 PM - 7 August, 2012
Quote:
But the winning prize though...... I would have rather taken cash because that thing would have went straight to the pawn shop for me. If no Guitar Center for a trade in!

ay
Craigslist and hipswap that thing.
yep
Logisticalstyles 7:56 PM - 7 August, 2012
Yeah, had I won I would have gone straight to Guitar Center. The funny thing is they also had a DJ Hero contest going on for the kids. My son won it and got a DJ Hero setup for XBox 360. We have a PS3 and a Wii, but no XBox. My son immediately wanted to leave and go trade it in at Gamestop.
ced_so_thoed 11:08 PM - 7 August, 2012
ay
so how was the winning guy's set?
yep
Frankie Glasses 11:53 PM - 7 August, 2012
Quote:
Yeah, had I won I would have gone straight to Guitar Center. The funny thing is they also had a DJ Hero contest going on for the kids. My son won it and got a DJ Hero setup for XBox 360. We have a PS3 and a Wii, but no XBox. My son immediately wanted to leave and go trade it in at Gamestop.

Cue "you DJ so bad jokes"
You DJ so bad that your son beat you in a DJ battle.... ahaha JK
Logisticalstyles 3:17 AM - 8 August, 2012
Quote:
ay
so how was the winning guy's set?
yep

Dude has skills but there was a lot of playing and pandering to the crowd and judges. One of the judges was a radio mix jock that is known as "the remix king", so everyone was trying to mimic his style of doing blends with unexpected acapellas. Some of the mixes just didn't fit that well. Also, he was dancing behind the decks and had props like a sombrero and a rose.

I have video of most of the sets.
Here's my set:
Watchwww.youtube.com
Logisticalstyles 3:18 AM - 8 August, 2012
Quote:

Cue "you DJ so bad jokes"
You DJ so bad that your son beat you in a DJ battle.... ahaha JK

Yeah, that thought did cross my mind.
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 7:13 PM - 8 August, 2012
Quote:
Here's my set:
Watchwww.youtube.com

No disrespect if that is your girl/wife logic but at about the 3 min mark - she starts REALLY getting into your set, all i can picture is a big 'ol' sexy booty bouncing to the beat like that camera....

Nice!!!!!
DJ DisGrace 7:39 PM - 8 August, 2012
Quote:
One of the judges was a radio mix jock that is known as "the remix king"

Baby Yu! I played a few times with dude waaaay back in the day at some college campus gigs. He was the Remix King even in the vinyl days.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 7:50 PM - 8 August, 2012
Quote:

DO NOT SLEEP ON WALMART...

Mad chicks be in Walmart son.....
CMOS 8:02 PM - 8 August, 2012
Yeah these kinds of chicks.

www.peopleofwalmart.com
MelonHead 8:15 PM - 8 August, 2012
i thought u were hittin em wit this

Watchwww.youtube.com
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 8:30 PM - 8 August, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
Here's my set:
Watchwww.youtube.com

No disrespect if that is your girl/wife logic but at about the 3 min mark - she starts REALLY getting into your set, all i can picture is a big 'ol' sexy booty bouncing to the beat like that camera....

Nice!!!!!

Also, if you've gonna "Impersonate" a set, you should have it perfected

:-)
MelonHead 8:43 PM - 8 August, 2012
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 8:46 PM - 8 August, 2012
Quote:

Uh-oh... fightin wurdz

BATTLE????
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 8:48 PM - 8 August, 2012
Quote:
i thought u were hittin em wit this

Watchwww.youtube.com

Camera girl?
Logisticalstyles 9:28 PM - 8 August, 2012
Funny thing is somebody actually did play that damn song in their set.
ced_so_thoed 9:30 PM - 8 August, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
Here's my set:
Watchwww.youtube.com

Nice!!!!!

ay
so you fapped to his girl...
yep
Logisticalstyles 9:31 PM - 8 August, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Here's my set:
Watchwww.youtube.com

Nice!!!!!

Nah, I don't impersonate people's set's. I may use a song that's been used in a routine before, but I could never just lift a whole routine, cut for cut. Tha't just wack.
Logisticalstyles 9:33 PM - 8 August, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
One of the judges was a radio mix jock that is known as "the remix king"

Baby Yu! I played a few times with dude waaaay back in the day at some college campus gigs. He was the Remix King even in the vinyl days.

Yep, he was one of the judges.
MelonHead 9:33 PM - 8 August, 2012
Quote:
Funny thing is somebody actually did play that damn song in their set.

i can see some VDJs who might.. i think it would be a good laugh
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 10:56 PM - 8 August, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Here's my set:
Watchwww.youtube.com

Nice!!!!!

Nah, I don't impersonate people's set's. I may use a song that's been used in a routine before, but I could never just lift a whole routine, cut for cut. Tha't just wack.

***Blank Stare***

You did a "Mashup" of this ---> Watchwww.youtube.com

and this ---> Watchwww.youtube.com

You took segments of not ONE but BOTH routines....

Stop playin man...
ced_so_thoed 11:51 PM - 8 August, 2012
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 11:59 PM - 8 August, 2012
ced_so_thoed 12:14 AM - 9 August, 2012
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 12:23 AM - 9 August, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
ay
weknowmemes.com
yep

www.djjohnnym.com

ay
www.helloloser.com
yep

Amateurs....

I'm sure you meant this.... --> www.djjohnnym.com
ced_so_thoed 12:37 AM - 9 August, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
ay
weknowmemes.com
yep

www.djjohnnym.com

ay
www.helloloser.com
yep

Amateurs....

ay
smg.photobucket.com
I'm not a fuckin amateur
yep
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 12:56 AM - 9 August, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
ay
weknowmemes.com
yep

www.djjohnnym.com

ay
www.helloloser.com
yep

Amateurs....

ay
smg.photobucket.com
I'm not a fuckin amateur
yep

Yeah, you're right...

You're more like a pro - Like this guy -->www.djjohnnym.com
Logisticalstyles 1:13 AM - 9 August, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Here's my set:
Watchwww.youtube.com

Nice!!!!!

***Blank Stare***

You did a "Mashup" of this ---> Watchwww.youtube.com

and this ---> Watchwww.youtube.com

You took segments of not ONE but BOTH routines....

Stop playin man...

Come on man, I already stated that I wouldn't lift a routine cut for cut, and as you can see in my video that I didn't. Did I scratch "Hit It"? Yes. What DJ that has had that record hasn't tried to scratch that part? I've never even seen the DJ Dummy clip before, so how can I have Impersonated that? Yes I've seen the Jeff footage before (back in 1994) and that's where I got the idea to break down "I Wanna Rock Right Now". I, along with many other DJs have used that scratch on that record in battles ever since we saw that video, BACK IN 1994. It's nothing new, it's a stock scratch. Just like the Transformer scratch, which I also first heard Jeff do way so many years ago and incorporate in to my routines. Is doing the transformer scratch Impersonating Jeff or is it just doing the Transformer scratch?

We've all seen other DJs do "your" Good Times routine before, and done better. Who's Impersonating who when it comes to that routine?

Is this guy (who's probably never even heard of you) Impersonating you?
Watchwww.youtube.com

How about Kid Capri?
Watchwww.youtube.com

They all cut and scratch over Good Times. Are they Impersonating or just cutting over good songs? Stop micro-managing.

***Blank Stare***
Right back at ya.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 1:29 AM - 9 August, 2012
Quote:
Come on man, I already stated that I wouldn't lift a routine cut for cut, and as you can see in my video that I didn't. Did I scratch "Hit It"? Yes. What DJ that has had that record hasn't tried to scratch that part? I've never even seen the DJ Dummy clip before, so how can I have Impersonated that? Yes I've seen the Jeff footage before (back in 1994) and that's where I got the idea to break down "I Wanna Rock Right Now". I, along with many other DJs have used that scratch on that record in battles ever since we saw that video, BACK IN 1994. It's nothing new, it's a stock scratch. Just like the Transformer scratch, which I also first heard Jeff do way so many years ago and incorporate in to my routines. Is doing the transformer scratch Impersonating Jeff or is it just doing the Transformer scratch?

We've all seen other DJs do "your" Good Times routine before, and done better. Who's Impersonating who when it comes to that routine?

Is this guy (who's probably never even heard of you) Impersonating you?
Watchwww.youtube.com

How about Kid Capri?
Watchwww.youtube.com

They all cut and scratch over Good Times. Are they Impersonating or just cutting over good songs? Stop micro-managing.

***Blank Stare***
Right back at ya.

Look, don't get all moist for me just because I posted a few flicks of your inspiration.

Umm....even thought you may not have SEEN DJ Dummy's routine, you were damn sure trying to do it with the "I wanna rock/wanna rock/wanna rock", segment...

And you definitely bit the Jazzy Jeff 'I wanna rock right now" slow down...

It's cool, but I'm sayin, is that something you want to USE IN A BATTLE?

And it ain't even perfected?

www.djjohnnym.com

BTW, even though that's the best I've EVER seen Kid Capri cut something, it can't compare to mine, as I'm a technician on the song....

I own it....That was my foundation, so you're not going to readily find someone who can rock it like me...

Also, the first vid was pure GAWBAGE...really? A Numark hybrid and whatever stanton TT?

Man, it ain't that serious, but you need more people...

We don't believe you....
Logisticalstyles 1:51 AM - 9 August, 2012
Whatever man. Where's your battle footage? Or any footage of your doing a solo routine in front of a crowd? It's cool to be a critic at home and post up the 25th do-over of your Good times routineup from your mancave, But get out there in some battles or showcases and put down your perfected routine for some live humans. Right now the only thing backing your skills up is your video camera and your internet connection. Ain't no people in those videos of yours. I'm DJing in a Wal-Mart parking lot in the middle of the day.

I only take critiques seriously from people who are successfully doing what I'm trying to do. As of right now I don't believe you. I need more people.
Logisticalstyles 1:58 AM - 9 August, 2012
Quote:

Umm....even thought you may not have SEEN DJ Dummy's routine, you were damn sure trying to do it with the "I wanna rock/wanna rock/wanna rock", segment...

How can I be trying to impersonate a routine that I've never seen before? I already stated that I have seen, and was trying to do that Jazzy Jeff part in my routine. Just like you saw it before and incorporated it into your Top Billin routine when you slow down Step Up If you Wanna Get Hurt.

I already know you like to go back and forth over minor stuff. I've read your Mac thread. I'm not getting sucked into a back and forth with Johnny thread. Post a vid of you live with your perfect routine AND some humans THEN we can talk about battle routines. I'd actually love to hear what you have to say.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 2:10 AM - 9 August, 2012
Quote:
Whatever man. Where's your battle footage? Or any footage of your doing a solo routine in front of a crowd? It's cool to be a critic at home and post up the 25th do-over of your Good times routineup from your mancave, But get out there in some battles or showcases and put down your perfected routine for some live humans. Right now the only thing backing your skills up is your video camera and your internet connection. Ain't no people in those videos of yours. I'm DJing in a Wal-Mart parking lot in the middle of the day.

I only take critiques seriously from people who are successfully doing what I'm trying to do. As of right now I don't believe you. I need more people.

Man, I've been battling' for YEARS....

In front of more people than you can shake a stick at...

LOL @ bragging about a Walmart parking lot...

Just because you SUCK in front of a LOT of people doesn't take away from the fact that you suck....

Just sayin...

All you need to do is concentrate on my HANDS in the vids.....

See, that's your damn problem, you don't take the time to PERFECT your biting...
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 2:12 AM - 9 August, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

How can I be trying to impersonate a routine that I've never seen before? I already stated that I have seen, and was trying to do that Jazzy Jeff part in my routine. Just like you saw it before and incorporated it into your Top Billin routine when you slow down Step Up If you Wanna Get Hurt.

I already know you like to go back and forth over minor stuff. I've read your Mac thread. I'm not getting sucked into a back and forth with Johnny thread. Post a vid of you live with your perfect routine AND some humans THEN we can talk about battle routines. I'd actually love to hear what you have to say.

Actually, I INVENTED the slow "Step Up If You Want To Get Hurt" routine, and PERFECTED it...

I used to call it "Slo-Mo-Tion" back in the day....

What did you PERFECT again?
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 2:13 AM - 9 August, 2012
Quote:

DAMN, you even bit what I just have been saying....lol.

BTW, I've sucessfullly DONE what you're TRYING to DO many moons ago...
Nicky Blunt 6:44 AM - 9 August, 2012
never seen dj johnny m as even a regional winner at any dmc event, or itf so what was the success you are talking of?

Not tryna be an ass but for real winnin those = success. anything else dont really cut it. & im not claiming to have won any of them. But then Im also not claiming to be a successfull battle dj either.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 12:11 PM - 9 August, 2012
Quote:
never seen dj johnny m as even a regional winner at any dmc event, or itf so what was the success you are talking of?

Not tryna be an ass but for real winnin those = success. anything else dont really cut it. & im not claiming to have won any of them. But then Im also not claiming to be a successfull battle dj either.

Ha ha...I started battling in the age of DJ Cheese, (who was in the very next town over from me).

At the time, I do believe you had to have a RECORD OUT to participate in those DMC joints....

Regardless, I battled and beat everyone that I encountered until it got just plain old boring...and cats were wising up to not battle the guy from P-Way with the glasses.

My reputation preceded me.

You know how there's that cat who's better than everybody, but nobody but the locals know him? That was me.

Plus, what I THOUGHT was sucess or going in a sucessful direction was cuttin' and scratchin ON THE RADIO with live MC's in 1983-84.

Not too long after that, the DJ scene went south for a long time (hiphop wise) as House Music started to dominate our area.

The truth is that LogicalStyles isn't TERRIBLE, and is style is like mine (lol, maybe he bit), but he could have been cleaner for a well documented routine.

Besides, me appearing in The Source magazine was my definition of "Sucess".
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 12:13 PM - 9 August, 2012
Quote:

Besides, me appearing in The Source magazine was my definition of "Sucess".

Who knew I should have just gone to the Jersey shore, and spiked my hair for 3 hours...
ced_so_thoed 3:55 PM - 9 August, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
ay
weknowmemes.com
yep

www.djjohnnym.com

ay
www.helloloser.com
yep

Amateurs....

ay
smg.photobucket.com
I'm not a fuckin amateur
yep

Yeah, you're right...

You're more like a pro - Like this guy -->www.djjohnnym.com

ay
ok...
gifs.gifbin.com
yep

Quote:

Look, don't get all moist for me just because I posted a few flicks of your inspiration.

ay
s3.amazonaws.com at this line ^^^^^^^^^^
yep

Quote:

ay
gifsoup.com
damn
yep

Quote:

LOL @ bragging about a Walmart parking lot...

Just because you SUCK in front of a LOT of people doesn't take away from the fact that you suck....

ay
not to play cheerleader or dick rider, but I thought it was dope to do the battle in the Walmart parking lot. Folks who didn't know about the battle got to see something and plus it was done during the day in public, not at night at a club where folks may not show up because they'd rather dance and get drunk. There were some good parts that I did like of his battle too.
yep
Dj Shamann 7:05 PM - 9 August, 2012
Quote:
I battled and beat everyone that I encountered until it got just plain old boring...and cats were wising up to not battle the guy from P-Way with the glasses.

You know how there's that cat who's better than everybody, but nobody but the locals know him? That was me.

Plus, what I THOUGHT was sucess or going in a sucessful direction was cuttin' and scratchin ON THE RADIO with live MC's in 1983-84.

theconsigliori.com
ced_so_thoed 7:08 PM - 9 August, 2012
ay
I really lol'd at that^^^^^
yep
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 7:41 PM - 9 August, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
I battled and beat everyone that I encountered until it got just plain old boring...and cats were wising up to not battle the guy from P-Way with the glasses.

theconsigliori.com

ROTFLOL at that one - PERFECT!!!!!
DJ DisGrace 7:45 PM - 9 August, 2012
Quote:

smokeandmirrorsblog.com
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 8:29 PM - 9 August, 2012
Oh, I see y'all gettin' in the shots while a brova is out tryin' to earn a decent buck....

I'll be back...
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 8:34 PM - 9 August, 2012
Quote:
not to play cheerleader or dick rider, but I thought it was dope to do the battle in the Walmart parking lot. Folks who didn't know about the battle got to see something and plus it was done during the day in public, not at night at a club where folks may not show up because they'd rather dance and get drunk. There were some good parts that I did like of his battle too.
yep

Dude,

What is Walmart known for?

CHEAP stuff at CHEAP prices....

So, I guess,...he he...

We all know where to find a CHEAP DJ!

Coming soon to a Walmart PARKING lot near you....
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 8:37 PM - 9 August, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

smokeandmirrorsblog.com

Not a DAMN thing...

I'm riding on my lorels!

Besides, I was winning battles at 17 & 18 when dude was 9 and 10 on some Fisher price jawns...

And heard damn near all the hot routines...

Stop playin....
Logisticalstyles 8:38 PM - 9 August, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

DO NOT SLEEP ON WALMART...

Mad chicks be in Walmart son.....

So we know where you get your hoes...
Logisticalstyles 8:51 PM - 9 August, 2012
First, it's "Don't sleep on Walmart", then your loling at me 'bragging' about DJing at Wal-Mart.

Let that Wal-Mart shit go. I didn't create the battle or decide where it was located. I just had the guts to show up and compete.

NO ONE gives a fuck about what you did back in 1979 with your radio shack mixer. Not us, and apparently nobody from that era since there is no proof of any of this stuff you talk about. Where's the videos? At least post a picture of you doing this. You claim to have invented and have ownership of these routines, but you are the only person to back it up. If your reputation truly preceded you then you would not have to tell us about it. Certainly someone would have recognized the illustrious grandmaster DJ Johnny M on the Serato boards. The only 'famous' battle I've heard of you being in was the one between you and Sixxx.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 9:01 PM - 9 August, 2012
Quote:
First, it's "Don't sleep on Walmart", then your loling at me 'bragging' about DJing at Wal-Mart.

Let that Wal-Mart shit go. I didn't create the battle or decide where it was located. I just had the guts to show up and compete.

NO ONE gives a fuck about what you did back in 1979 with your radio shack mixer. Not us, and apparently nobody from that era since there is no proof of any of this stuff you talk about. Where's the videos? At least post a picture of you doing this. You claim to have invented and have ownership of these routines, but you are the only person to back it up. If your reputation truly preceded you then you would not have to tell us about it. Certainly someone would have recognized the illustrious grandmaster DJ Johnny M on the Serato boards. The only 'famous' battle I've heard of you being in was the one between you and Sixxx.

Oh snap!

First off, YOU MUST give a damn what I did back in 1979, because you're doing the SAME ROUTINES from there....

I was originally going to post that 1985 called and said they want their routines back, but I was gonna cut you some slack since you were using "Change The Beat".

But let's keep it real.

You are what I would turn into if I TRULY lost it....

So, thank you for the inspiration of continuing to practice so I don't morph into YOUR whack Twilight Zone...

You wanna talk about VIDEOS?

WTF is this? ->Watchwww.youtube.com

You need to STOP postin' them sh*ts son...

AND you lost in a Walmart Parking Lot.

And YES, that's where the H*es be at...

LMAO @ me bein' in battles before you were even allowed to leave the house....
DJDBAG 9:49 PM - 9 August, 2012
do i smell another crane stand battle happening, at this point thats the only way to go
ced_so_thoed 10:19 PM - 9 August, 2012
ay
nominated for best thread of the week
yep
DJ Dac 10:24 PM - 9 August, 2012
no need to bring the radio shack mixer into this nonsense... that's where most of us started out!!!
ced_so_thoed 10:31 PM - 9 August, 2012
Quote:
no need to bring the radio shack mixer into this nonsense... that's where most of us started out!!!

ay
lol like "don't bring mommas into it"
yep
Logisticalstyles 11:16 PM - 9 August, 2012
Quote:

Hey, my first mixer was a Radio Shack as well. In fact mine didn't even have a crossfader.
Logisticalstyles 11:32 PM - 9 August, 2012
Is it me or does Johnny think being old is a DJ skill? And why are you so obsessed with the Wal-Mart thing? I knew old people liked Wal-Mart but damn.

I'm to stick to my word and ignore this fossil until he can post a video of him rocking in front of a live audience.

And by the way, I didn't use "Change The Beat" in my routine. Might be time to check them hearing aid batteries.
ced_so_thoed 11:36 PM - 9 August, 2012
ay
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 on deck for counter argument...
yep
DJ DisGrace 11:39 PM - 9 August, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

theconsigliori.com

Johhny must have missed this one... waiting patiently

28.media.tumblr.com
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 11:57 PM - 9 August, 2012
Quote:
And by the way, I didn't use "Change The Beat" in my routine. Might be time to check them hearing aid batteries

huh? @ 3:46 Watchwww.youtube.com
MelonHead 12:11 AM - 10 August, 2012
ced_so_thoed 12:21 AM - 10 August, 2012
ay
www.gifsoup.com this thread
yep
DJ DisGrace 12:23 AM - 10 August, 2012
Quote:
And by the way, I didn't use "Change The Beat" in my routine. Might be time to check them hearing aid batteries.

you just failed one of Johnny's "tests"
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 12:25 AM - 10 August, 2012
Quote:
Is it me or does Johnny think being old is a DJ skill? And why are you so obsessed with the Wal-Mart thing? I knew old people liked Wal-Mart but damn.

I'm to stick to my word and ignore this fossil until he can post a video of him rocking in front of a live audience.

You idiot.

You don't even know the name of the scratch sentance you were using.

FAIL.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 12:25 AM - 10 August, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

See what I mean?

SMH...
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 12:26 AM - 10 August, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

theconsigliori.com

Johhny must have missed this one... waiting patiently

28.media.tumblr.com

LOL, no I tried to ignore it, but it WAS funny...

bastids...
DJ DisGrace 12:27 AM - 10 August, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

See what I mean?

SMH...

lol that was a lot easier and quicker than asking someone to comeback with a perfected "Wheels of Steel" routine
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 12:28 AM - 10 August, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
And by the way, I didn't use "Change The Beat" in my routine. Might be time to check them hearing aid batteries

Quote:
Quote:

Don't tell him nuffin...

LMAO @ not even KNOWING what the hell you're battlin' with...

Oh, wait, lemmie guess, you don't own any Breaks on Vinyl either...

Yet, you're a BATTLE DJ.....

LMAO.....
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 12:33 AM - 10 August, 2012
Quote:
ay
www.gifsoup.com this thread
yep

No actually, ---> www.djjohnnym.com
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 12:41 AM - 10 August, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

Say that *ish AGAIN!..

First off, I TRIED to give a LITTLE bit of props by using it, because MOST of today's DJ's don't know where it even came from, much less, use the sentance...

But THIS muhfugga is CLAIMING to be a Battle DJ, and didn't even know where it came from...

He don't DESERVE my time, but I WILL throw you a bone...

That "Huh-Ha" sample comes from Public Enemy's - Public Enemy #1
That "Ah Yeah" sample comes from RUN-DMC's - "Here We Go"
And that ""GO" sample comes from RUN-DMC's - Peter Piper

That should get you started...

Learn your history, then brag about DJ'ing in a parking lot...

Damn, when did you start Dj'ing....YESTERDAY?

This is a tradgedy...
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 12:43 AM - 10 August, 2012
Quote:

Post of the YEAR.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 12:56 AM - 10 August, 2012
Here, fill this out www.djjohnnym.com
Logisticalstyles 12:07 PM - 10 August, 2012
Ok. You caught me slippin in that one. I truly never knew exactly where that particular sample came from. Even though I have used it for years I've only used it from battle records, which don't list the original song. I hang my head in shame.... When you put that bait out there I was hesitant to bite but I thought you were referring to the songs I played not the samples scratched. I should have known it wasn't going to be that simple. Well played.

However, me not knowing where the sample came from doesn't mean I didn't do well or that I'm wack. I would have never posted my videos if I couldn't stand behind them and wasn't proud of what I did. I'm not gonna let some old ass nit picking annonomous person with delusions of grandeur on the internet stop me from doing what I do. The truth is the radio station called me back after the first video because they liked what I did. I think the props in real life that I got from people that saw it live far outweigh the critique of someone on the Internet.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 12:22 PM - 10 August, 2012
Man, STFU...

I wasn't even TRYING to REALLY get at you, BUT MAYBE give you a LITTLE bit of props for using some original sh*t, yet you failed miserably.

What kills me is that you used "Change The Beat" for the majority of your scratching, and STILL didn't know what it was....wtf?

Like I said, you probably don't even OWN any of the fundamental tools ON VINYL used to to facilitate a battle, and that is a tradgedy ALL by itself "Mr. Battle Anybody In A Parking Lot."

And YES, you CLAIMING to be a Battle DJ and NOT knowing where THAT particular sample came from DOES mean that you're WHACK.

I am not "Anonymous". You know where I be, I be In Da Club. I ain't trying to stop what you're "TRYING" to do, but educate your dumb azz on something that you should have learned when taking on the art, so you wouldn't sound so stoopid when actually speaking on it.

LOL @ "Props in Real Life"....so I guess me making it into "The Source" doesn't equal props?

Oh, wait...

You wouldn't know what "The Source" is...

Everybody had to start somewhere, and it's COOL to be influenced by other routines, (i.e. Grandmaster Flash On The Wheels Of Steel"), but if you're going to do parts of a routine, it BETTER be correct.

As for my age, let me be clear, I'm 45, but wait, you're 37....

You are NOT a spring chicken...

Maybe a chicken HEAD, but ain't drinkin' from the Fountain of Youth, and a "Battle DJ" your AGE should know this stuff...
Logisticalstyles 12:41 PM - 10 August, 2012
Whatever
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 12:43 PM - 10 August, 2012
Quote:
Whatever

Just learn your history.
ced_so_thoed 1:36 PM - 10 August, 2012
ay
Logic, as an unbiased member and reader of this thread it looks as if you argue with Johnny... i.imgur.com
yep
Logisticalstyles 1:42 PM - 10 August, 2012
Quote:
ay
Logic, as an unbiased member and reader of this thread it looks as if you argue with Johnny... i.imgur.com
yep

Your're right. It happens.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 1:43 PM - 10 August, 2012
This whole thread is like someone coming up to the DJ asking if those are "Technics",

and he says

"NAH MAN, these here are 1200's!"

/End thread...

My work here is done.
ced_so_thoed 3:44 PM - 10 August, 2012
ay
but all bullshit aside the set wasn't bad, just wasn't 1st place
yep
AKIEM 4:03 PM - 10 August, 2012
Peace to DJ Applejac in the background.

(That's all.)
d:raf 4:21 PM - 10 August, 2012
Semi-related: I wonder how many "DJ Logic"s there are. 'Til now I only knew this one...

www.djlogic.com
CMOS 5:38 PM - 10 August, 2012
I think should end the thread:

25.media.tumblr.com
Papa Midnight 6:01 PM - 10 August, 2012
This whole thread...
int.na.tl
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 6:39 PM - 10 August, 2012
djaction 6:42 PM - 10 August, 2012
all i got out of this thread is that JOHNNMY allegedly invented the 'step up if you wanna get hurt" routine.. and that he was the world's most baddest bad ass motherfuckin DJ in the 70's/80's except there is no record of this whatsoever except from his own words.
djaction 6:44 PM - 10 August, 2012
The Uncle Rico is strong in this thread cdn0.hark.com
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 6:45 PM - 10 August, 2012
Quote:
all i got out of this thread is that JOHNNMY allegedly invented the 'step up if you wanna get hurt" routine.. and that he was the world's most baddest bad ass motherfuckin DJ in the 70's/80's except there is no record of this whatsoever except from his own words.

Yes, that's all that YOU would get...

It's expected...

www.djjohnnym.com
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 6:46 PM - 10 August, 2012
****sigh****

www.djjohnnym.com
djaction 6:49 PM - 10 August, 2012
You would think there would be SOME record of JOHNNYM being the world's greatest. Instead all we have ever heard of is bum's like DJ Kool Herc, Grandmaster Flash, Grandmaster Flowers, Grandmaster Caz, Jazzy Jeff, Afrika Bambaataa, Cash Money, Red Alert, Grand Wizzard Theodore, etc etc..
djaction 6:50 PM - 10 August, 2012
Quote:
****sigh****

www.djjohnnym.com

Johnnym = Dookie? lol
ced_so_thoed 7:02 PM - 10 August, 2012
ay
DJ Action vs DJ Johnny let's goooooooooooooooooooooooo
yep
djaction 7:04 PM - 10 August, 2012
I think i still have a realistic mixer in storage too
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 7:46 PM - 10 August, 2012
Quote:
You would think there would be SOME record of JOHNNYM being the world's greatest. Instead all we have ever heard of is bum's like DJ Kool Herc, Grandmaster Flash, Grandmaster Flowers, Grandmaster Caz, Jazzy Jeff, Afrika Bambaataa, Cash Money, Red Alert, Grand Wizzard Theodore, etc etc..

Jeff knows me... :-)

As a matter of fact, he took my MC....
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 7:47 PM - 10 August, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
****sigh****

www.djjohnnym.com

Johnnym = Dookie? lol

See that?

AT LEAST YOU KNOW the characters....

Can you imagine dude being in a battle with Fab 5 Freddy being a judge, him possibly WINNING, FAB coming up to congratulate him, and dude bein'like who the FUGG are you?
djaction 7:47 PM - 10 August, 2012
Jazzy Jeff stole Skillz from you..
djaction 7:48 PM - 10 August, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
****sigh****

www.djjohnnym.com

Johnnym = Dookie? lol

See that?

AT LEAST YOU KNOW the characters....

Can you imagine dude being in a battle with Fab 5 Freddy being a judge, him possibly WINNING, FAB coming up to congratulate him, and dude bein'like who the FUGG are you?

agreed not knowing Change The Beat is shameful
DJUnknown 9:04 PM - 10 August, 2012
Yeah not knowing Change The Beat is one thing, but he proceeded to argue instead of just taking time to educate himself by googling/youtubing it first. So yeah I have no idea of what you said but I am going to argue against it anyway. SMH
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 9:46 PM - 10 August, 2012
Quote:

No, this cat called El Cid, aka Sui-Cid...

LOL, me and dude were putting together demo's and he came to my crib one day sayin' he's been hanging out with Jeff...blah blah..blah..

Then one day he came over and was like

"I got some good news and some bad news..

The good news is that Jeff wants me on his label..."

lol, so you know what the bad news was...

They cut a few demos but nothing really came out of it...
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 9:49 PM - 10 August, 2012
Quote:
Yeah not knowing Change The Beat is one thing, but he proceeded to argue instead of just taking time to educate himself by googling/youtubing it first. So yeah I have no idea of what you said but I am going to argue against it anyway. SMH

I kniow cats want to argue, JUST to argue...

I'm still stuck on claiming to be A BATTLE DJ, and not knowing "Change The Beat"...

It's not like its some obscure break or anything....

It's one of the first records you USE when learning to scratch....much less hone your skills to be come a so called "Battle DJ"...

That's like being a B-Boy able to do Windmills, but have no idea who Crazy Legs is...

This is some tragic *ish...

I really believe he has NO VINYL breaks whatsoever....
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 9:52 PM - 10 August, 2012
FACT CHECK -

You know Redman and Method man DID NOT do the 1st Version of Rapper's Delight.....

RIGHT?
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 9:55 PM - 10 August, 2012
Quote:
That's like being a DJ able to do fist pumps, but have no idea who Pauly D is...

Ahhhh, I understand now - tragic!
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 9:57 PM - 10 August, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
That's like being a DJ able to do fist pumps, but have no idea who Pauly D is...

Ahhhh, I understand now - tragic!

RIGHT!

There's no "LOGIC" to it....

lol, I kill myself...
ced_so_thoed 10:02 PM - 10 August, 2012
ay
ok stop dancing on his grave now.
yep
monchi 10:11 PM - 10 August, 2012
Just give Logic the BOZACK and GAsFace right about now
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 10:15 PM - 10 August, 2012
Quote:
ay
ok stop dancing on his grave now.
yep

C'MON SON...

If this ain't the most blatant exposure of a Fake Azz Battle DJ in this boards history, than I don't know what is.

How are you a 37 YEAR OLD BATTLE DJ, and don't know "Change The Beat"?

How?

Man....--> www.djjohnnym.com

I'm done.
Papa Midnight 11:35 PM - 10 August, 2012
Quote:
Man....--> www.djjohnnym.com

I'm done.

int.na.tl
AKIEM 11:41 PM - 10 August, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

Oh, I thought it was Will....
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 11:55 PM - 10 August, 2012
Tribute to Johnny M on Stickam right now www.stickam.com

Deez playing 80's classics
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 12:40 AM - 11 August, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Oh, I thought it was Will....

LOL, I wish...
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 12:41 AM - 11 August, 2012
Quote:
Tribute to Johnny M on Stickam right now www.stickam.com

Deez playing 80's classics

lol,

Dazz is on now...

Come thru
DJ Reflex 6:32 AM - 11 August, 2012
I did like the BUTTHURT Form! I wish I could use that in my classroom (8th grade).
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 10:18 AM - 11 August, 2012
Quote:
i.imgur.com

LOL!

How did I miss this?

Right Click - Save As...
Papa Midnight 9:42 PM - 11 August, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
i.imgur.com

LOL!

How did I miss this?

Right Click - Save As...

Wait, I have a gif that he doesn't have? Noooo waaaay....
:P
kryptonitednb 10:38 PM - 11 August, 2012
Quote:
The Uncle Rico is strong in this thread cdn0.hark.com

I bet I could throw this football over those mountains over there. Man if I just had a time machine I know we would win state . . .