DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Crossfader Automation

DJ L.A & SLY 2:19 AM - 7 August, 2012
I'm having a problem when recorded in .als fast or complex scratches doesn't replay clean compared to a normal mix when recorded in SSL... Rane 61,Ableton 8.2.7 SSL 2.4.2. I have checked everything possible,buffer is at the lowest tried different usb ports on Pc contour on fader is at the sharpest.
Svesh 12:14 PM - 2 October, 2012
I got the same problem when I record my mix into asl file when I play it in ableton I can hear that there is no crossfader at all. I can hear my rewinding but when I recorded it i cut it with the cross fader SL.1 Mixer Vestax PMC-05Pro
Xfade 12:21 PM - 2 October, 2012
Quote:
I got the same problem when I record my mix into asl file when I play it in ableton I can hear that there is no crossfader at all. I can hear my rewinding but when I recorded it i cut it with the cross fader SL.1 Mixer Vestax PMC-05Pro

That is because with the SL1 you have no fader automation. It's only the Rane mixers that knows how to send this data to ableton so it won't work with other mixers without some serious midi hacking...
Svesh 12:32 PM - 2 October, 2012
alright thanks a lot I was thinking that something may cause the problem :)