Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

Sound cutting out restart required

Product
ITCH
Version
Hardware
Vestax VCI-300
Computer
Mac
OS
Platform
-
mrmidnite 1:35 PM - 1 August, 2012
Hi the sound has cut out a few times and requires controller restart, this does not always fix the problem the controller needs restarted 4 or 5 times on occasion. this is a bit of a problem whilst giging, the controller has had very little use.
Ron M 9:56 PM - 1 August, 2012
Hi mrmidnite,

What is your computer specs? Processor? Ram? Etc? Did you try adjusting the latency under setup? Let me know. Thanks.

Regards,

Ron
mrmidnite 10:29 PM - 1 August, 2012
hi its not the computer its the sound card in the vestax. it will run fine for hours then the sound will just stop. main output and headphone output. the led meter still shows signal and the software runs as normal. computer is a 2010 macbook 2.4ghz 4gig ram and 750gig hd. used only for serato itch.
Ron M 10:35 PM - 1 August, 2012
Hi mrmidnite,

Does it freeze too? Did you check to see if you have any corrupt files? Let me know. Thanks.

Regards,

Ron
mrmidnite 9:08 AM - 2 August, 2012
Hi , there is no freezing all files are ripped at 44.1 44100kbs through wavelab the software shows track movement as normal and the track level is shown through the meters on the vci. There is just no sound till the vci is restarted.
When the vci is restarted the trams that wouldn't play will now play,
Sometimes this happens at start up sometimes it is in the middle of a night. I am a professional DJ and sound installation engineer. And it seems as if the sound card just stops outputting
Thanks
Ron M 10:24 PM - 3 August, 2012
Hi mrmidnite,

Can you refer to these links to see if this helps. Let me know how it goes. You may have to submit a crash report.

serato.com

serato.com

serato.com

Regards,

Ron
skrachnbass 11:11 AM - 4 August, 2012
Same problem! I think Theres only 2 options, itch bug or vci 380 souncard problem. Im 100% sure its not a laptop problem. Ssl it works perfectly with the same laptop.
Ron M 8:56 PM - 8 August, 2012
Hi skrachnbass,

Did you try updating the firmware on the VCi-300? Let me know. Thanks.

Regards,

Ron
DJ KOBIE 3:28 AM - 9 August, 2012
Same here.Plays and shuts off.Very frustrating.
gevola 9:47 PM - 9 August, 2012
I had a similar issue .. ( with VCI-380 ) just two times ( and one when I was live ) .. there are some other threads related to this issue (serato.com) and a discussion with Serato guys is in progress ..
But unfortunately in Serato are not able to replicate this issue.

I think the main concern is related to identify HW or SW issue …

There is something that we can do ?
skrachnbass 11:13 AM - 10 August, 2012
Quote:
Hi skrachnbass,

Did you try updating the firmware on the VCi-300? Let me know. Thanks.

Regards,

Ron

ups! sorry i have the vci 380.
skrachnbass 11:21 AM - 10 August, 2012
Quote:
I had a similar issue .. ( with VCI-380 ) just two times ( and one when I was live ) .. there are some other threads related to this issue (serato.com) and a discussion with Serato guys is in progress ..

if it also happens with the 300, i think not be our vci 380
gevola 3:34 PM - 10 August, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

if it also happens with the 300, i think not be our vci 380

yes … and could be better.
4:00 PM, 24 Aug 2012
This help request has been closed due to inactivity.
mrmidnite 3:25 PM - 17 September, 2012
hi i have downgraded the software to 1.1 and the problem has stopped , my main issue now is that a lot of my wav files are being marked corrupt. this is very annoying as i have just converted several thousand flac files to wav.
i think it is very important we keep the integrity of the music and all pro software manufacturers should design for quality files first or we will all end up using vinyl again.
Ron M 7:50 PM - 19 September, 2012
Hi mrmidnite,

Can you try downloading version 1.5 to see if this corrects the issue? 1.1 is an old version. 1.5 was a good version that worked best for me. Let me know. Thanks.

Regards,

Ron
8:00 PM, 3 Oct 2012
This help request has been closed due to inactivity.