Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

midi mapping for Denon dn-hc1000s

Product
Scratch Live
Version
Hardware
Rane SL1
Computer
Mac
OS
Platform
-
Mr_Wilson 9:39 PM - 31 July, 2012
I have just bought a used Denon dn-hc1000s midi controller for Serato.
it looks great but there is no midi mapping with it. all the buttons are unassigned.

i have been to the denon webisite and downloaded a .xml file, put it in to the serato midi folder, it does some controlling for fx.

i still need to get a basic .xml map for the standard buttons. i dont want to map them all myself (incase i do some wrongly). this must have been done before, but i'm really struggling to find them .

has anyone here got a map for it? thanks (i have tried google btw)
9:41 PM, 31 Jul 2012
Mr_Wilson attached a file: denon-dnhc1000s-serato-scratch-live-usb-midi-controller-1859-p.jpg
View· Permalink
eagsbfd 2:52 AM - 1 August, 2012
that controller should be native to SL.. When you plug it in which cue light flashes? Could be on a wrong channel?
Serato, Support
Matt P 4:09 AM - 1 August, 2012
Hi Mr_Wilson,

Sorry to hear your having these problems, have you tried any of the suggestions in this thread?
serato.com
Also are you able to try it on a computer thats not on Mountain Lion? keen to know if its driver related

Matt P
Mr_Wilson 6:46 PM - 1 August, 2012
cue 3 lights flash when i plug it in.

i have no manual as it's second hand. how do you change the channel?
Mr_Wilson 6:52 PM - 1 August, 2012
sweeett. thanks for the help.

i got the link form the thread you recommended.

all seems to work fine. so far. mountain lion mac. scratch live 2.4.2 (though ive not DJ'd with it yet).

MIDI CHANNELS
The DN-HC1000S has four MIDI channels. Channel 1 is the default and is reserved for when using the DN-HC1000S as a native controller, leaving channels 2-4 free to be assigned to other functions in Scratch Live. You can choose the channel by pressing Shift + Files to select channel 1, Shift + Browse for channel 2, Shift + History for channel 3 and Shift + Prepare for channel 4.
NOTE: When you unplug the DN-HC1000S it will remember the last MIDI channel used and will default to that when re-connected. When you connect the DN-HC1000S the Cue 1, 2, 3 or 4 buttons will flash to let you know which MIDI channel is currently being used.