DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Dell XPS M2010 Anyone using this?

DJMuErTe 7:38 AM - 3 March, 2008
Well for some odd reason my laptop screen is giving me problems, so im thinking about buying a new laptop (and i dont like mac's sorry =) anyway.... I saw this at a dell store and i really liked it! i know its HUGE but looks sweet!

Anyone buy one of this toys yet? if i do get it, i will put xp-pro in it :)

Leave comments and thought about this laptop.
Dj K.Smith 4:08 PM - 3 March, 2008
Make sure you check out the Dell outlet store on this as a "new" lappy is around 3g's... The outlet store will definitely save you some cash if you're looking into this one... I like it... It is GINORMUS but I still like it... It's more of a gaming system though...
m0nster 4:18 PM - 3 March, 2008
i have a M1530, and i have xp on it, thing is a tank.
Socross 7:09 PM - 3 March, 2008
I used to use an Alienware with a 17" screen. Having such a huge laptop was really annoying at the club. There was never a good place to put it, and god help you if you use a laptop stand! That thing got knocked off the stand so many times! Once it hit the cdj pitch control on its way down and sped the song way up!

I got an XPS m1210 with a 12" screen and loved it ever since!
m0nster 8:44 PM - 3 March, 2008
ya, i sold a 17" to get the 15.4!
DJ NoNseNse 12:46 AM - 4 March, 2008
the 2010 weighs about 18 pounds. I think its a waste. It wasnt a very good seller. Your better off getting the xps 1330 or 1530.
DJMuErTe 4:47 AM - 4 March, 2008
well i like the 17inch screen, so i might look into them instead. I agree about the weight and size, i just wonder if anyone was crazy enough to buy one of those monsters :P hehehe
DeezNotes 6:14 AM - 4 March, 2008
Gigantic laptops are not cool.
m0nster 2:48 PM - 4 March, 2008
ya, i would have bought it, if it had anything i really wanted/needed. But for the size, and restrictions on battery life, packing ability etc etc...just not worth it. Sounds like no matter what you hear you want it, so buy that thing, lug it around for a year, then drop it likes it's hot!